General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

View Poll Results: How will you watch the WTC movie?
in the movie theater 6 10.71%
on DVD 20 35.71%
will not watch 30 53.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 09:50 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default World Trade Center

Is anyone going to watch the movie coming out in a couple of days? I won't....because I hate crying in front of people. That's why I didn't see Titanic or Pearl Harbor in the movie theater. But when it comes out on DVD, I will definitely buy it. Some people say it's too soon, but I believe that, at least for my generation, it will ALWAYS be too soon. Like how some people from the generation that went through Pearl Harbor thought it was 'too soon' when that movie came out. What are your opinions? Will you see this most definite tear jerker in the movie theater or wait till it comes out on DVD?
Old 08-05-2006, 09:56 AM   #2  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

I don't think I could watch it. I live in NY and it is just too raw for me.
I saw a movie last week with the coming attractions to the movie and cried like a baby.
I might watch the dvd, but I dunno....
Old 08-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I voted on DVD,because I too do not like to cry in front of others,but I probably wont see it for a long time after it comes out.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #4  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

I do want to see it but I also will wait for the dvd because I know how emotional I will get!
Old 08-05-2006, 10:46 AM   #5  
searching 4 the real me

I do want to see the movie however I will be waiting till it comes out on dvd.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepansy912
I don't think I could watch it. I live in NY and it is just too raw for me.
I saw a movie last week with the coming attractions to the movie and cried like a baby.
I might watch the dvd, but I dunno....
What part of NY do you live in? My grandmother lived in the Bronx and she couldn't handle it. One of our cousins died in the tower and like two months later my grandparents moved permanently down to their summer house in South Carolina. I know that it seriously shook her up because Grandmama HATED South Carolina LOL!
Old 08-05-2006, 05:35 PM   #7  
Melting Butter

I think the movie could have waited a little longer before it came out. There will always always always be people who are hurting over 9/11. No amount of time can completely erase the pain people felt and still feel. Yet, I still feel like it is too soon.
I wont see it in the theatres...
I watched the Passion of the Christ in the theatre and that was awful...it was much easier watching it at home. I was more able to reflect on the movie and watch it in comfort without being distracted by others.
If I see this movie it will definately have to be in the privacy of my home.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

I STILL haven't seen the Passion of the Christ! My mama has, she has it on DVD and she says it was a good movie. But it freaks me out. Kinda like the Exorcist.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #9  
LLV

I'm in awe they're even going to make a movie of this.

In my personal opinion?

Disgusting. Making money off of those people's lives.

No way will I watch it.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

I honestly don't know, i will probably wait til it comes out on dvd to watch this one. I just think everyone's emotions are extremely raw on this topic wether you are for or against the movie itself. Makes you wonder how people felt about all the war movies made about WW1 and WW2 .. or how halocaust victims felt about Schindler's List? *even tho that one was made decades after*
I look at this movie and the one about the plane crash as a tribute to the victims of both of those events and their families, for ones that didn't live in NYC like myself even tho i was affected .. i was removed from the actual event and am not sure if the magnitude of what happened really hit me like it did the ones living there.. i could never presume to say i know what it was actually like .. but this movie might make me even more so aware of the cost of that day than i already am. its a difficult decision wether its right or wrong to make that movie.. one i am not sure i could say until i have actually seen it. if i can make myself watch it.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #11  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Disgusting. Making money off of those people's lives.
Some of the proceeds are being donated to the World Trade Center Memorial Foundation and three other charities.

But I can't see what the difference is. How many watched "Flight 93"?

I will watch it on DVD only because it's difficult doing movies with the baby right now. Might get my parents to watch him for the evening while hubby and I get to take in a movie.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:40 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

I won't watch it. Seeing this once for "real" on TV was enough for me for one lifetime.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #13  

I have mixed feelings. At first I wasn't going to see it, but I recently read an interview with on of the men on which the story is based (the Nicholas Cage character) and he wholeheartedly endorsed the movie, He said it was very accurate and felt it was one story that needed to be told. But, I still have a bad feeling about feeling that somebody's making money from 9/11. On the other hand, back in the 40s, there were movies about the attack on Pearl Harbor that came out that same year and people really supported them. I'm not sure if we are a generation of overly sensitive people or if the constant 24 hour news bombardment of an event has made us exhausted with tragedy.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #14  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

I watched the MTV special about the movie today. It had the director Oliver Stone, Nicholas Cage (who plays John McLoughlin), Micheal Pena (who plays Will Jimeno), and Will Jimeno. God, they only showed a few clips from the movie, most ones that I've seen in the previews, and I still started crying. I'm definitely going to have to be home alone when I watch this movie. John McLoughlin couldn't be there that day, but his children were there. He has like 4 or 5 I believe, ranging from around 6 to about 19. The oldest, Steve McLoughlin, said he feels the movie could help some people heal. They took questions from the audience and of course there was some people that thought the movie was too soon. But both Mr. Jimeno and Mr. McLoughlin are okay with the movie. Mr. Jimeno said that he has made peace with Ground Zero and if it were up to him, he would rebuild the Twin Towers exactly the way they were, just stronger. Mr. Jimeno had the final word as the show was going off and he basically said that this was just one story out of thousands that day and he and John couldn't have survived if it hadn't been for the love of their wives, families, and friends. And yeah, I cried at that too. LOL
Old 08-07-2006, 01:37 AM   #15  
Long Journey

S/C/G: 350/350/175

Height: 5'10"

I think that I am the only one here who wants to see it in the theatre. I was glued to my tv when it all happened and I couldn't believe it. All I could think about were the people who got killed. What a tragedy. My opinion is that this movie is going to tell the story of the people that this happened to. And I really wanna hear that side of the story instead of the side of the media, the politicians, and the celebrities. I wanna feel what they felt. I know that I will bawl my eyes out in the theatre but I also know that I will not be the only one. I hope to see it soon.!!!!!
Closed Thread