Support Groups - Weighty Issues #43 August 06

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #43 August 06

angieME
08-04-2006, 09:13 AM
:welcome: to the AUGUST edition of our Weighty Issues thread.

We're well into enjoying summer. Sun, surf, sand, shorts, swimsuits and hey, who doesn't wanna look good and more importantly, FEEL good instead of ----> :yikes: Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the US east coast to the west, across the pond and to the Far East.

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did. :cofdate:

angieME
08-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Hi guys!! I thought I should start a new thread since it is already August 4!!! Noelle, I just copied your intro which is so nice. :lol:

I have so many donuts to do today because a couple of the towns closest to us are having festivals so there are lots of orders but I shouldnt complain because this is the last big month of money making and then it will totally die off in November until May. I know I am rambling again. :lol:

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to go buy a few things for the RV that we need. I am so ready to take a vacation. I entered a Habitat For Humanity raffle. They give away a brand new Class A RV fully loaded and they only sell7500 tickets. They are $100 per ticket but not too bad odds plus it is for charity. If I ever won it I would probably sell it because it is a $200,000.00 RV. I like my 5th wheel and I could put a nice chunk into savings. :lol: It is nice to dream. :lol:

Well, Not much going on today. I hope you all get to post and if you dont then I hope you have a great weekend!!

angieME
08-04-2006, 03:20 PM
HELLO????? :coach: ANYONE HERE???? :listen:

melekalikimaka
08-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Hey ladies, hope you're well into enjoying your weekend. :carrot:

Angie, thanks for the new thread...I've been slacking :p I'll be :crossed: crossing my fingers for you to win that raffle. That is an AWESOME prize!!! Has the humidity let up for you?

Well, not much going on with me, I got a mani and pedicure today and just relaxed pretty much. Rick is off in Kona again, I don't really know when he's coming home, maybe tomorrow night or Sunday... so it's just me and Mikey this weekend. I may take him to see the movie Barnyard, it looks funny. Don't think it'll top the Ant Bully though, I loved that one. Other than that I look forward to just laying around the house and catching up on some reading.

:devil: As I was driving home from my nail appointment there were a bunch of fancy cars (Mercedes, Lexus, BMW's etc...) parked along the road right around the corner from my house--the developer and the construction crew head honchos plus a Hawaiian priest came out to bless the land before breaking ground. Well, some were parked across the road and I nearly ran someone over as they were crossing the street ... almost, but not quite. Let me tell you I felt like doing it though!

Well, I'll stop rambling here and just wish everyone else a fun weekend. :wave: Party on dude.

calnative
08-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Hello Everyone,
I've finally gotten some time to myself. The teachers are back to school last Wed and we have been doing quite a few meetings, getting to know the new staff members, and setting up our rooms. We had 'Meet the Teacher' night last night. Some of the kids seemed afraid of me; some were pretty quiet. Unfortunately, I know that that quiet won't last long. The kids come back to school on Monday. My room is ready and I already have the next 2 1/2 - 3 weeks planned out. Forgive me if I don't post often; I will be thinking of everybody; I just won't have a lot of time until Fall break.
Have a great weekend.

Cal

melekalikimaka
08-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Cal, why in the world would they be afraid of you? I know you had on your happy-go-lucky friendly teacher face :lol: That's a good start though, keep them in line for a little while at least... Have a good weekend. :D

angieME
08-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Hi guys. I am down .6 pound this week. I have no idea why it is so small because I have not strayed from plan at all but at least it is a loss. :lol: I will happily take it. I am going to go out for seafood tonight and use some of my flex points so maybe I will shock my system or something. I have yet to use any of those. I always feel like I am pushing it with all the food I eat. It is ALOT more than I ate the other 2 times I lost weight.

Cal, Have fun at school. I dont envy you a bit. I am praying this year that I dont get phonecalls from the teachers all the time. I am going to tell them to do whatever they want to do because I cant do it for them. I mean seriously what in the **** am I supposed to do when Corey is talking in class?

Noelle, I bet they get that alot. :lol: I am going to take Alicia to the mall to get some school shirts today. She is the only kid at home so I guess she is the lucky one. :lol:

Well, I have to go get my walk over with.

jbbm
08-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi Girls

Great Job Angie on the loss! Enjoy your dinner tonight.

Noelle I want to see Aunt Bully really bad. It looks so cute. My ds was pretty afraid of Monster House. It is a good thing my dd did not go. Let me know how Barnyard was.

Cal enjoy the last couple of days before the kiddos come back.

Today we are going to put some bushes in. Everything is on sale this time of year anyway. I just can't see paying full price for some of that stuff. And then the kids want to go swimming. Okay gotta run. Have a great weekend everyone!

calnative
08-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Well, we got everything ready for the tile to be installed; the guys got here at 8am and quickly readied everything for the tile. Just before they installed the tile, I saw it and realized that it was not the tile we had ordered and paid for. Come to find out the vendor made a mistake and sent the wrong tile, so it had to be returned. They will not get the correct tile sent until Monday and it will probably be next Saturday before they can begin installing. Needless to say I was very upset and Alberto demanded some type of compensation. He will have that all ironed out on Monday.:mad: In the meantime, my house is a wreck with things piled everywhere; in fact, the sofa is still in the garage and the stairs are lined with things from the kitchen and livingroom. I will put up with it because it will look great when it's completed.

Angie: I hear you on the phone calls from teachers. I know I've called parents, but it was usually after several warnings and the next step would be a visit to the principal (which usually meant suspension for the disruptions). Here in Arizona (and I'm sure many other places) it is actually against the law to disrupt the educational process (I tell my kids that that includes talking out in class when they are supposed to be listening.Of course, I've never heard of anyone getting arrested for breaking that law). Hopefully, the teachers have a good discipline plan in place that will make you their partner in helping your young ones to understand the importance of their (and everyone else's) education. Of course, I've had parents come in and sit with their kids and at that age it is very embarrassing to most kids. :) By the way, great job on the loss. I still get so frustrated with myself at times. I did so well on our vacation. I just don't eat as well here.

Noelle: I was going to take Ashley to see Ant Bully this weekend, but the mess with the tiles really blew that out of the water. I do want to see it and Barnyard, too.

Julie: Is it still warm where you are? It's funny to hear the news people talk about how Arizona is NOT the hot spot in the nation. My sister, in California, said that we have their weather and they have ours.:dizzy: The weather has been a little crazy lately.

Hello to everyone else. Come out and chat. Have a great weekend.

Cal

angieME
08-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Good Morning girls!! My seafood dinner was good but the service sucked. It sucked last time we went there too so I dont think I will be going to that restaurant again. We took Alicia shopping for some tops for school but she couldnt find anything that she liked....she is my tomboy. :lol: She did buy a pink sweater( for me :lol: )

Julie, I bet your bushes look great. I love it after you landscape and everything looks all new and pretty.

Cal, I wont be going to school to sit with him. :lol: I have tried everything in the book to get him and Brit to pay attention and nothing works so I am stumped...and totally sick of it.

Everybody else....Come Out and Chat!!!

I bet your floors will look awesome when they finally get the right tiles in. I cant wait to do my bedroom and the kids bedrooms.

Kempyd
08-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey guys. I am still here. We lost cable for over 30 hours so I couldn't get on over the weekend. Now I am trying to fight with my student loan company about a payment that I sent them. I will be back later I just wanted to pop on.

angieME
08-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Oh Kempy that would suck!! I would die without cable AND computer!! :lol:

I hope you got your payment straightened out. We have been paying off big bills like crazy to get ahead for the winter. It feels good to have most of them gone but the money always ends too soon. :lol: Isnt that the way it always is?

I wnet to get school supplies for the kids today. Geesh it is expensive to do that. I remember when I was little my parents didnt have to buy anything. I wished we could go back in time sometimes.

Well, I hope more people get to post tonight.

Kempyd
08-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey guys. I think I got it all straight. I just hope that Joe's check goes into the account like it is supposed to on the 15th. I think I am going to call the bank and see if they would push it through if they try to send it to the old account. Not much going on here today. I have a docs appt. so I came home for lunch and to straighten the house a bit. Of course, all I want to do is to take a nap. The heat is still getting to me.

I hope all of you guys are doing great. I hope to see more posts when I get back later today.

melekalikimaka
08-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Whoaaaaaaaa.....FLASHBACK! I came here to post and found the #24 Weighty Issues thread up top. That was from last year! I am sick with a stuffy head and sore throat.... I thought it was the Nyquil making me hallucinate or something! :lol: So, I've been a little scarce here but just been lying in bed reading some library books and sleeping. It's Rick's birthday today and we've got nothing special planned, but will hopefully save it for the weekend if he doesn't fly off to Kona AGAIN. The boat is still being readied for the trip over. In fact, I bought Rick a big ole orange life ring and put the boat's name on it for his b-day--that and a shirt with a pirate looking logo that says "aquaholic" :lol: I thought that was funny. Consider this too--he had a court date today for his DUI and it was dismissed......so happy b-day present to him.

So, hope everyone's doing okay and I hope to be more alive and well tomorrow. Hasta la vista :grouphug:

Kempyd
08-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey Noelle there was a weird post on that thread from way back. I think it was someone trying to push a product.

Not much going on here. It is really raining right now so I am just watching some tv.

Noelle I love the shirt. Where did you find that?

Sorry, I am so boring but I have done nothing all day so there is nothing to really talk about.

melekalikimaka
08-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey Kempy, I got the shirt from West Marine (the boating store). They were pretty cheap too, under $8... you can find it online at westmarine.com.

My mom, sis and BIL are home from China with baby Malia. I am going over to their house to see her in an hour or so. :goodvibes: Gotta get my camera batteries charged up! Will post more tomorrow.

jbbm
08-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Hi Girls I am just popping on before bed. It has cooled off here and it feels great. Can you believe summer is almost done? I wanted to say Hello:)

Noelle enjoy seeing your little niece. Your family must be so excited!

angieME
08-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Good Morning. It is nice to see some posts on here finally!! :lol: I thought I was going to have to join a new thread because everyone left. haha

Noelle, Those are very cute birthday gifts. I bet he loved them. I cant wait to see pics of your neice. I bet she is getting big. Did they have a good trip over and back?

Julie, It is awesome here too now. It feels like a early Fall day. Fall is my favorite time of the year. Especially when the leaves start to change and you get that crisp smell in the air. I LOVE IT!!

Kempy, My life is exciting too. :lol: It is hard to have stuff to say when nothing ever happens. :lol:

Cal, How is school going to so far?

Have you guys tried the Laughing Cow cheeses? 1 point per serving plus they have a cheese and onion poppyseed breadsticks (like the cheese and cracker packs we used to eat as kids) for 2 points. YUM!!!! I bought the onion wedges and that is so good!! I have found a nice new snack pack.

Hi :wave: Dips, Red, CW, LT. Who else am I missing? I hope you guys come back. We miss you.

angieME
08-10-2006, 08:52 AM
You guys know how Alicia has been doing weight watchers with me and she has lost 20 pounds over the last few months. When she goes with my family she will eat at Mc D's etc. (so she is still being a kid but she is walking with me during the days etc.) She is a teen now as well.

Alicia is friends with a girl down the road. She went to spend the night at her house the other night. I do not like this girls mother. She has said many stupid things over the years, she cut Alicias hair short once a few years ago while she was there without asking me and she is a huge animal breeder. 40 rabbits and more. She breeds them for pet stores. None of her animals are fixed and right now whe has 2 litters of flea infested kittens...one of them outside under her steps. She wants to keep one of the kittens(why? If she wont fix them would she need more?) and she has a mixed breed dog that she bred with another mixed breed dog so she could sell the puppie. OMG, the sheer stupidity!!!!!

Anyhow, this weekend she told Alicia that I need to take her off this diet because it isnt healthy. Alicia bought a smart ones meal for her supper because it was that or cookies while she was there and she started saying all of this. I said "What did Chelsea have for lunch?" She said her mother bought her a big bag of cookies.Her daughter is overweight so I am thinking that maybe it is jealousy because Alicia isnt anymore. I dont know. OMG, I could punch her right now!!! How dare she!!! Basically all WW is is eating the way we should anyways. Lots of veggies, making sure to get your dairy in etc. She has so much self confidence now and is so proud of herself because her clothes fit again. I am so mad right now!!! Did I mention that Alicia doing this with me was her idea because she had outgrown all of her clothes? It makes me so mad because I dont think an ignorant adult should try to make my daughter feel bad for wanting to be healthy.

melekalikimaka
08-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey ladies, how's it going this fine Thursday? I am still stuffed up but I went to visit the baby yesterday anyway...I figured she flew all this way cooped up in a germ-filled airplane, what's a few more germs? :lol: I'm terrible I know, but I couldn't not see her. She is so adorable. She wasn't afraid of any of us at all. I carried her and hogged her attention for a good bit of the visit. So she's met 4 of her aunties from her mom's side of the family, only 2 more to go. I fed her lots of cheerios and baby snacks then we took off when she made a stinky diaper :lol: I will try and upload some pics in a few.

Angie, that is so great about Alicia and her weight loss. She's got a great example in her mother! I think it's wonderful she's got her confidence back and I would just ignore that stupid woman. Just let Alicia know that there's nothing wrong with the way you guys are eating--it's the right and healthy way, I'm sure she knows that woman is a little whacked. I think you're right too, about maybe it being a little bit of jealousy. As long as Alicia knows which way is up in the world I think she should be fine. That lady sounds toxic to people and animals! *shudder* I have some laughing cow in the fridge right now, but I am waiting to get more 1 pt bagels to eat them with. Love it!

Hello to everyone :wave:. Gotta run and get some work done before I start getting caught up fiddling around with my pictures. :D

melekalikimaka
08-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Here's just 2 pics (of the 47!) I took yesterday of my new niece now named "Malia". She traveled over 5000 miles to get here. We love her already!

angieME
08-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Oh My gosh Noelle She is so beautiful!!!! I love those little chubby cheeks. What a little sweetie. I am so happy for your sis and BIL.

Thank you for the kind words for Alicia. I am very proud of her. It was her idea to have a journal for pointtracking because she thinks it is FUN! I actually like it too. It makes me feel in control for the day because it is all mapped out and it actually took away my guilt if I eat say pizza for lunch or something because now it isnt a forbidden food it is a point. :lol: Does that make sense?

angieME
08-11-2006, 07:57 PM
okay, I am looking for a new thread. :mag:

calnative
08-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Well, one week over.:carrot: So far, so good. This year's crop of 7th graders is a good one. I realize there will be some rotten bits and pieces, but the rest will more than make up for it. I, so far, love this group. They are so willing to learn and sit and listen. We'll see if they can keep it up through the year. Be patient with me because it's hard to find time to post sometimes; and it will only get worse, I think.
Tomorrow, we will get the tile put down in our house. I will be so glad when we can get back to normal. I'm looking forward to having a new floor.
Noelle: Your niece is adorable with a capital 'A'. She is beautiful. Thank you for sharing her picture. Congrats to your sis and BIL.
Angie: You are doing great. I think it's great that Alicia is excited about doing all this with you. What a great team you make!! Keep up the good work (both of you) and you continue to inspire me.
Hello to everyone else. Have a great weekend.

Cal

melekalikimaka
08-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Hey girls, I got to spend the afternoon playing with Malia. My sis is on a 12 week leave from work to stay home with the baby, then she will probably just stay home for good. What a good life, eh? She is such a good baby, hardly cries and doesn't mind when you hold her alot or put her down. She's fine either way. I went with my sis to a baby furniture store and boy, how things have changed! They have such sophisticated (and expensive!) stuff nowadays. You'd think we wouldn't know what to do without an automatic bottle or wipe warmer :rolleyes:. :lol:

Angie, I mosied on over to the 100 lb club for a while when I was so motivated and this thread was fizzling..... really great people over there too. Not that I'm pushing you to go there, just, I know how you feel when not everyone posts when you've got the motivation. :grouphug: And yup, gotta love the point system. :dancer:

Hi Cal :wave: Glad to know you've got some good kids on your hands. I'm sure you'll fix those rotten ones right up too. :kickbutt:

angieME
08-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi Guys!! Today is weigh day. I am down 3.1 pounds this week. Today is my measurement day as well. I have lost another 5 inches this month with a total 3 month loss of 17 3/4 inches. WOOHOO!!!!

Cal, It sounds like a good group this year. How long does it take for them to start acting up? I am glad your tile floors are getting done this week. that will be so nice.

Noelle, Malia sounds like a perfect little sweetie. Her pics are adorable. I have been hanging around on the general chatter thread. I wished everyone would come back. It was so nice when there were so many posts to read. I wonder what happened.

I dont have much happening here today. I guess I will get in a walk while jay is working and maybe do something later. Fun Fun. :lol:

melekalikimaka
08-12-2006, 05:34 PM
GREAT JOB ANGIE!!! :cp:

Yeah, I wonder what happened to everyone else??? :chin:

I am off to go have some family time with the hubby. He's been working so much on the weekends lately and if he's not working, he's been over on the Big Island fiddling around with the boat....so I'm grabbing this weekend with his undivided attention while I can. Be back later. Have a good one! :wave:

calnative
08-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Still overseeing the tile job. It looks so great!!! I really love it. When everything is back to normal I will try to post some pics.

Angie: I figure the kiddos will be great until after Christmas. That's when the hormones usually kick in. :D I'm just going to enjoy the great behavior while I can. ;)

Noelle: Enjoy your weekend. It's great to be able to have some together time.

Hope everyone else can come out and chat.

Cal

cwneeds2lose
08-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm still here. I didn't move on to another thread, just been busy. Plus, I'm still struggling. You'd think that when I had surgery and wasn't eating, I would have lost weight. Oh no! Not me! I gained weight. :moo: :ink: I'm also getting ready for a yard sale, and trying to get rid of a lot of clutter in my home. Believe me, that's a chore in itself, as I've accumulated 17 years of junki. So I'm trying to simplify by getting rid of some of the stuff that I never use.

Noelle, the baby is so precious. What a blessing God has given your family. I hope you have a great family day today.

Angie, Congrats to you and your daughter. :bravo: I bet you want to slug that stupid woman.:frypan: She is jealous that you and your daughter are losing weight, and looking so "hot":whoo: . Jealous people are great for sabotage. Weight watchers is the #1 doctor recommended weight loss plan. I can't tell you how many members came in at their doc's advice to lose weight. Anyway, keep up the great work. You are still my inspiration.

Cal, I can't believe you guys started the school year already. My daughter, who's starting high school, starts on the 21. I can't believe the summer is almost over. I'm sure you're going to love your tile. All the carpeting is old in my house, so when the time comes, it's tile or hard wood flooring. My son remodeled the house next door. When they pulled up the carpeting, they found the most beautiful hardwood floor. He did sand it down, and restain it. It looks great. The only carpeting he has in his house now is the living room. Anyway, I can't wait to see your pics.

I hope you all have a blessed weekend.

jbbm
08-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Hi Girls

Noelle I just want to hold that baby! She is a total doll. Sounds like a good happy baby too. I can't believe the stuff they have now too for babies. I mean I would just hold the wipes in my hands for a second to warm them up. Enjoy your weekend with your sweetie.

Angie WAY TO GO GIRL! Since you Noelle and Kempy have done so well with weight watchers I just might have to look into to it. I have about 25 pounds I want to get rid of. I know you mentioned Dottie's site. I have been there and I like it, alot of weight watcher info. I am just trying to determine if I have the patience to find points for everything I eat? Congrats to your daughter!

Cal I am glad that kids are behaving. I hope that keeps up until next summer. I bet the tile job will look just beautiful when finished.

CW nice to see you. I can not believe all the stuff I have in my house too. I have a hard time throwing things out because I am so sentimental.

Well I did 32 minutes on the treadmill. Haha....not 30 but 32! I count every second. But it went by pretty fast because I was watching tv. I did give into a brownie tonight. I went and got my haircut yesterday. It looks pretty good, she didn't take much off. Can you all believe what haircuts cost these days, I was late too (traffic) so I didn't get my scalp massage, and I was so looking foward to that but due to dh not getting home in time and traffic I couldn't get one. We took a ride to a smaller town near us today and walk around and went to some shops. Tomorrow I want to get some healthy grocercies in the house to eat for the week.
Time to get ready for bed! Well enjoy the rest of your weekends.:)

BOUNCY
08-13-2006, 12:21 AM
cONGRATS ON THE 51LBS KICKED TO THE CURB!! YOU GO GIRL!! yOU AE
WORKING IT. kEEP IT UP YOU CAN DO IT!! IAM NEW TO THE SITE. JUST WANTED TO POP SAY HELLO. MY NAME IS LINDA FROM TEXAS. HOPE YOU
ARE HAVING A GREAT NIGHT.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/236/150/159/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

angieME
08-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Hi guys!!!

Noelle, Enjoy your family time this weekend. I siwhed I could get some too. poor jay has been working nonstop lately. August is the busiest month of the summer for us so hopefully soon he can get some down time.

Cal, You know that does seem to fit in for when Corey starts up too. I wonder why? :lol: I am hoping he will be a good boy this year. We had a nice talk yesterday about it and he says he will try. Brit on the other hand is totally our of control and I am not sure we will even get her to school this year. I am so confused with her. We had to go to the cops yesterday about her and they told us all they can do is bring her home and that is it. There is some major drama going on right now but I wont bore you guys with the details.

CW, My closet is so full of stuff but every time I try to clean it out I say well maybe I will have a use for this. :lol: I never do but I cant justify getting rid of some of it. I dont like to keep clutter around either but my closet is a different story. :lol: I hope you make lotsa dough at your yardsale.

Julie, I found a couple of point websights where you put in the NI (calories,fat and fiber) from whatever you want to eat and it calculates the points for you. I even found one for whole recipes. It is really easy. I think you would like it. I have been eating 2 WW ice cream bars every night since I started and I am still losing weight and I dont feel deprived at all. I love it. AWESOME JOB!!!!! I would count the 2 extra minutes too!!! :lol:

Linda, Thank you! Your stats are awesome as well!! GREAT JOB!!!!:carrot:
I hope you hang around these girls are awesome!!

I had to take Tyson(flamepoint siamese) to the vets for an emergency last night. He has a UTI...That is what killed Tinky. I am so nervous but glad that we caught it before it went to a full blockage but scared that it may happen again. I dont want to lose another cat that way. He is on antibiotics and pain killers. He still looks really sore today but at least we got some food and water into him. I brought out a beanbag in the livingroom for him so he can be comfy. He loves to nestle in those.

angieME
08-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Good Morning guys. I have sent you guys an email that tells you what has been happening at my house this weekend. There isnt any more to say since this has been consuming my days. I just wanted to stop by and tell you guys how much you all mean to me. I cherish each and everyone of your friendship.

Kempyd
08-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Hey guys. We had a busy weekend. Joe's brother went to eat with us Friday night for an early b-day for Joe. Saturday we went to his brothers engagment party. (we aren't really fond of the girl but we went anyway) and then yesterday I spent really cleaning the house. So, sorry I didn't post over the weekend. Angie don't you dare leave this thread. You know there are only a few of us left form the very begining.

Cal I loved wehn we put down our new floors. We want to do our bathroom but don't want to touch the house until we find out about this job in TX. I can't wait to see picc.

Julie I am lucky not having to pay for my hair. That is one thing that I am worried about if we move to TX too. I don't want to have to pay for my hair to get colored. I am sure it will be exspesive too since I have 3 colors in it right now. It is nice to see you back. Did you ever get that letter I had mailed to you?

CW don't worry about the weight gain. You know what to do to get it off and I am sure you will be down in no time.

Angie keep your head up girl. Things may be tough right now but they will get better. I can't say when but it will happen. ((((hugs))))

Well, I keep starting over on Monday trying to get my butt back in gear and today is no diffrent. I had a freak out day yesterday and ate too much. Mostly snacking all day. You would think cleaning would keep me busy but once I stopped all **** borke loose. I started today off with some All Bran cereal so maybe that will keep me focused all little more today.

jbbm
08-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi Girls

Angie I am praying for you guys right now. E-mail us anytime....we are here to listen. :hug:

Kempy I did get the letter about the sandals....I am sorry I didn't participate. I think that was around the time my dad got sick. My summer has kind of been thrown off by that. Btw I like the way you highlight you hair, I didn't get mine done, I got it done last August think I will leave my natural color for winter.

Noelle I hope you got some quality family time in. I bet you just can't take your hands off your little niece. She is so CUTE!

I was having a chocolate craving and had a chewy Quaker oatmeal bar and so far it has done the trick. I just got back from picking up some fresh sweet corn at a stand. It is so good this year. I actually blanched some and froze it for when it is below 0 outside. It should bring me back to summer I hope! Got to go get dinner started. Have a great rest of your Monday everyone.

cwneeds2lose
08-15-2006, 02:36 AM
Angie, my heart goes out to you. It's easier said than done when it comes to tough love. I'm so proud of you. If it were me, I'd me stress eating. I'll keep your family in prayer for peace and restoration.

Kemp, I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the start on Monday thing. Unfortunately for me, Monday comes, the house is still full of junk, and you know the rest. When will you know for sure about the move to TX?

Well, I hope you all have a blessed day.

melekalikimaka
08-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Good morning ladies. I am still sick but feeling OK, just coughing coughing coughing.....it's not fun, but I can still sit here and type.

Angie, I'm sorry to hear about Brit--I had to retrieve my email from work since I didn't go in yesterday (or today yet). Oh my gosh, I don't know what to say except if she did test positive for drugs, at least you know it's not her talking or behaving that way, it's the drugs. I would leave her in their custody until the court says she has to do some kind of detox or something plus counseling for everyone so you know how to cope. I can't imagine having to deal with having your own child that you raised and loved behave that way. Hang in there girl, you know we're here for you.

Hello to everyone. Gotta run for now, be back later. :grouphug:

Kempyd
08-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Boy it has been pretty quiet around here. I am part of it too so I can't say anything. :D

CW Joe has his interview tomorrow so we think by next week they will know who they want for the job. I am still pushing for him not to get it. I know I should support, which I really do support him, but I don't want to leave here. I just fell in love with this place and I don't think someone would appreciate what we have done. I am sure everyone feels that way about their home though.

Julie it is so nice to see you back. Please stick around.

Noelle are you feeling better today?

Well, today is grocery day so I need to get my butt in gear. I have a list of things i need to do and I wont be able to do any of them from the puter.

Angie I hope everything is going ok up your way. Be sure to pop on and keep us up to date. I know I want to make sure that you guys are all safe.

Kempyd
08-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh, Anige, I wish I could be there right now. I know this is hard on you but think about the twins. You are dealing with it from a parents view and all you want to do is protect Brit but you have done what you can. You really need to trust the system to help you. They deal with this kind of thing all of the time so they know how to handle it. You are right, if she does go home she will jsut run away and then you may never see her again. This way she will be given some sort of help by people that aren't emotionally attatched to her. I know this is hard to hear but I am seeing my brother go through the exact same thing. He fights for Daniel to get home and when he does he goes right back to doing terrible things. One time he stole $1500 from my brother and you think that would have sealed the deal for my brother but it didn't. I tell him all of the time he is doing the right thing no matter how bad it hurts. This does not reflect you as a parent at all. You have done what you are supposed to do and she has made the worng choices. I can not tell you how to feel I just want you to know that I am behind you 100%.

melekalikimaka
08-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Angie, I applaud you for and Jay for your decision to let her go and get help. It hurts like a b*tch to feel like you are hurting your kid but really, you are helping her as best as you know how. You can not let her destroy the rest of your family. She will get the help she needs professionally and will probably be more than ready to realize that you guys had her best interests at heart later on, and be ready to join the family again. My niece was the same way, but she's older now and in fact, was just sworn in to join the Army reserve. If they can't get her to straighten up her act, no one can. :hug: Hang in there girl, we're here for you.

I gotta get on my way to work. Hi to all :wave:

cwneeds2lose
08-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Kemp, I will pray that God's will be done for in the job situation. I've always believed He places us right where we are supposed to be. Just have faith that if hubby get's it, there's a divine appt waiting there for you in TX. If he doesn't get it, you're divine appt. will continue in Louisiana.

Angie, I know what you did is so hard, especially when they're crying. It tears at you momma heart strings. But know that you did the right thing for her, for you, and for your family. Sometimes, we have to seek help from outsiders. I know this, because I had to do this for my son when he was younger. He started acting out violently when he'd get mad. Well, I called a family counselor. It was a hard move, but he went to counseling for over a year, and what a blessing it was. It showed him how to chanel his anger without hurting others. He's turned out to be a fine young man, and I don't know if that would have happened had I not sought out the counseling. I know some people frown on such things, but sometimes you have to do what's best for your child. Angie, you are doing what is best for your daughter. I'm also behind you 100%.

jbbm
08-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Angie, I pray for you to have strength during this difficult time. She will get the help she needs.....in time things will get better. Hang in there. :hug:

melekalikimaka
08-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Hey ladies, it's TGIT for me today. Tomorrow's a state holiday (Admissions Day) so I will be having a free day. I'm just at work pushing papers and trying to clear my desk. Nothing exciting at all.

Angie, how are you doing today? Hope you're feeling at peace. :hug: I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

Kempy, I don't think anyone could have said it better than cw. :yes: Same for you too, only good thoughts :hug:

Hi Julie :wave:

Hi Dips :wave:

Hi Cal :wave:

Hi LadyT :wave:

Hi maggzs :wave:

and I feel like I'm missing some....but then again, they haven't been around so Hello to everyone. Have a great day. Gotta get back to work.

Dips'n'twists
08-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Angie, my heart- I had no idea all this was happening with Brit and the family. I think you're doing the right thing by her though. I'm not a parent so I try not to overstep my bounds with advise but Brit needs the kind of help that can only come from a treatment center. Don't be hard on yourself. You are a good mom, your children love you and you love them and sometimes when we love someone we have to make gut wrenching decisions. I'll keep you in my prayers, Babe. And good for you on taking control of your health and being a good influence on your daughter and all of us.

Noelle- Sorry for the absence. I'll be glad when I'm married so my hubby can run half my errands :) I'm trying to prepare for the coming semester. Anyways enjoy your holiday and stick to plan.

Julie- Missed you babe! And WW would probably be a great thing for you. Since practically everyone is doing it, you'll feel confident that you have people to turn to for direct support.

CW- Hope your healing up nicely. Missed you too.

Hi Kempy- You better be staying OP!!

As for me I'm doing SB {again}. I started back to phase one and decided to be strict about it. It's only been 3 solid days because I cheated a few times and had to start over. What ca I say? I love my bread. But i gotta be more strict with myself. It's all about self control.

Dips'n'twists
08-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey Angie- Good luck with the visit today. I start classes on Sept 6 and I'm ust enjoying my last few days of peace and quiet before I hit the books.
I actually have to finish up with my financial aid. You know how stingy they can be sometimes. TTYL

LadyTyger
08-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Hello out there ladies!!! Sooooo sorry to have been absent for so long. Life here has been hectic (as usual). My foster babies went out for adoption this week. We had them for such a long time we almost kept these two. The only thing that stopped us was the thought of having 5 cats in a one-bedroom condo. Normally we wouldn't have had them this long, but the shelter vet was away on holiday, and her replacement was just not as efficient as she is, so spay/neuter surgeries got really backed up. All this when we are getting record numbers of puppies and kittens in too. And we are having serious labour shortages here right now, city-wide, so the shelter is having a **** of a time keeping staff. Anyways the babies went back on Thursday morning for adoption, one was adopted by Thursday night, the other by the end of Friday. I don't think I'll take anymore home for awhile, my heart is a little too sore from these last two. DH was pretty heart-broken too.

I've been doing lots and lots of riding. Thinking of moving Midnight to a barn run by one of the girls at work, that is waaaaaaaaaaay closer than my aunt's place where he is right now. But that's a tough decision to make, so I haven't decided for sure.

Weight wise, not so good. At my record high weight right now, and feeling pretty hopeless. Pretty sad when I started the summer out so positively, *sigh*. Hopefully I will get back on track soon!

Noelle - Congrats on your new neice coming home! She is a cutie! My brother and his wife just had their second baby last week. He is a cutie! They have named him Cameron.

Kempy - I hope you hear what you want to hear with regard's to your DH's job.

Dips - I am so glad not to be getting ready for school this year. Took me 6 years to get my degree, and I'm even now considering going back for more *shudder*.

Julie - Sorry to hear of your difficult summer, keep your chin up!

cw - How did the yard sale go?

Angie - A big :hug: for you girl! I am so sorry you are having such a hard time with your eldest. I am not a parent, but I was a pretty tough teenager on my parents. Not quite to the extent that Brit is at, but mostly just because I wasn't so stupid as to get caught. PLEASE, PLEASE don't feel that this is any reflection on your parenting. I had two fo the best parents in the world, and I was a bad kid. Sometimes, kids just feel the need to assert themselves, and somehow it comes out in this negative way. I experienced it, but can't really explain it. Angie, this program is going to give her what she needs. Do not pull her out, no matter how sorry and pathetic she seems. You are doing the right thing. Believe it. And she may hate you for it now, but it won't last forever. I left home at 17, and now my parents are the 2 closest people to me, next to my husband. My thoughts are with you...

Kempyd
08-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Man, we were really on page 2. I am guilty though since I didn't get a chance to post this weekend. Joe's b-day was Friday so I got a surprise get together for him. I think he had a good time. We still have not heard about the job. I relaly wish they would say something. I am dying over here. I am having a day today where I don't mind if we go. I have those days but usually they are the ones where I get upset about leaving.

Dips I have been a bad girl. I looked at my food log and I havn't recorded anything since 8/3. :yikes: But, today is Monday and I started again. I went to the store are got the right food I need and also started to record it all again. So, with a little luck and determination I will get back into it full throttle.

Angie when do you go for another visitation. I hate that she is still being bad even in there. That usually would make someone get better. At least I know it would me. Keep doing what you are doing though and stay strong.

LT maybe we should ship some of the hurricane evacuees up there so that they will work. It still amazez me that is has almost been a year now since the store. What stinks though is that this time last year we were sitting on the beach and now I am being lazy on the sofa.

Well guys, I hope to see more posts. Not really too much goign on in my life right now to talk about.

melekalikimaka
08-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Hey ladies, I sat on the computer last night and typed up a nice long post, but apparently it got eaten up :mad:..... but anyway, here I am again. We found a beautiful pit bull yesterday. He's been wandering around lost for the past few days a couple of blocks away and he kept following us when we walked our dogs. He was really calm and friendly too so we leashed him and tried to call the pound to pick him up. Well I waited on my cell phone for a good 15 minutes and they still didn't pick up. Then I called the vet to see if they could scan him, got put on hold again, I hung up because my battery was going. Then I finally just walked him home and tied him in the backyard. He's got his ears and tail (and cojones :lol: ) intact, he's a pretty brownish/brindle color with white markings on his head and feet. I called the pound again and they can't come until tomorrow. So it looks like he's staying with us for another night. Kai hates that there's another dog in his space. We have to tie him on the other side of the house.

Angie, I know it sounds lame to say this, but hang in there :hug:. I think Brit needs you way more now than she lets on. Maybe the bravado is just from being scared. I hope she turns her attitude around and opens up her mind and ears to the help she is being offered. I feel for you girl, you're doing right by her.

Hi LadyT, congrats on your new nephew Cameron as well :bb: I love having new little people around. :lol:

Kempy, I hope you guys hear about the job soon so you can get rid of the stress of not knowing. Happy belated b-day to Joe :hb: :hat: :balloons: Do you have one of those long-term quicktrack journals from WW? I was just using the weekly ones they give out free and somehow, I always tend to stop writing in them after the 3rd month. I'm thinking maybe a "real" journal would help me visualize the long term. I'm really bad at journaling. Hope you have better success than me.

Hey Dips :wave: Good luck on getting mucho financial aid. Hey, did I tell you that my wayward niece joined the Army reserve? She leaves for basic training in early Sept. If they can't kick her into shape then no one can. :rolleyes: She wanted to join the NG but the recruiter wasn't returning her calls after a while, so she opted for the reserve instead. Crazy girl.

Well, I gotta stop here and get the boy ready for school. Have a good one ladies. :sunny:

melekalikimaka
08-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Here's a pic of the dog we found. He has a really sweet disposition and has a really calm demeanor. We can't keep him though, because Kai will have none of it. We had to fence off half the yard temporarily to keep them apart. He will be picked up tomorrow to go to the pound :(. Rick said he wants to maybe keep him for "future" guard dog use after Kai goes...morbid, I know, but I know my sister would have a fit. She takes the most care of the dogs as far as cleaning up after them and feeding them. I just take them for walks :lol: I'm calling him Bully Big-Head because his head is so big compared to his relatively skinny body. Poor guy, he's been wandering around our neighborhood for who knows how long. No collar, ID no nothing. I hope he finds a good home, he's a good boy--didn't even chase our cats or anything.

Kempyd
08-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Noelle you are so sweet to take that dog in. Do they have bad reps in HI like they do here. A girl I work with has 2 and they are just so sweet and cuddly. I am sure it is all in how you raise them. I hope the pound lists that he is a good dog and doesn't chase the cats. Maybe that will help him find a good home.

I had one of the 12 week journals but I filled it a long time ago. So, I use a little spiral notepad. I never look back at things but it keeps me writing it down. When I fill it I throw it out. I have done good so far but it is only 2 days of being OP right now. Hey, I will take what I can get.

Well, I hope everyone is doing great. I hate that we have slowed way down again.

LadyTyger
08-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Good evening ladies!
I hope you all are having a better day than me! :p Work has been getting to me lately (again) not quite to the point where I was when I quit ealier this year, but close. I'm beginning to question my sanity for going back. :crazy: :?: Oh well!

Noelle - That's a cute looking dog! You are awesome for getting him off of the streets, even if you can't keep him, hopefully he will be able to find a home.

Kempy - I know what you mean about pit bulls / Am. Staff. ' s having a bad rep. They are a restricted breed in my city. Anyone who owns one is required to have $1,000,000 liability insurance, and pay $200/yr for licensing, and must have an enclosed dog run, dog must wear a muzzle in public, etc. Breed specific legislation such as this is pretty inaccurae and unfair, in my opinion. The friendly neighbourhood Golden Retreiver is just as likely to bite as a pitbull, as far as I am concerned.

Angie - Sorry your visit did not go well. I hope she begins to learn something as time passes. Maybe she is still in a "detox" phase. Hopefully she will begin to come around. If not, you may just have to say "enough" and not allow her to move back in!

Dips - Good luck on getting your financial aid. :crossed:

Well, ciao ladies, I gotta go clean my house! Have a good one!

calnative
08-22-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm still here!!! Just really getting into the lessons, grading, etc. I will have to say that the stress is not there as in years past. This group of kids is so respectful, polite, and hardworking. (of course there are a couple of exceptions). Today, for instance, two boys got angry with each other to the point of getting ready to throw punches. I took them aside and listened to them tell me what had happened. (I had watched the end of whatever sparked that) and I explained to them how it could have been an accident....One of the boys had bent down to pick up some trash and the other one tripped over him. I said that maybe the other one wasn't watching and just didn't see him. They both thought about it and agreed that it probably was an accident. They shook hands, apologized, and went off to lunch...together. It's almost scary to have 7th graders that respectful of each other. I was extremely proud of both of them.
Ashley went back to school yesterday. She loves her class....and the fact that one of her best friends is in her class. We already spoke to the teacher about keeping them apart. The boy who lives next door is also in her class and his mother had already spoken with the teacher, before school started, about keeping them apart; they are like a brother and sister...

Angie: You and your family are in my prayers. I do hope that Brit understands that you are doing all this because you love her, care for her, and want more than anything to have her back home. One day she will realize that. :hug:

Noelle: What an angel you are for taking that dog in. I also hope a good loving family adopts him. How does Michael like school? Is he in 2nd grade now?

Dips: Good luck on the financial aid. I know you'll get whatever you need. Good luck with your classes. When do they start? How many classes are you planning to take? What classes are you signed up for? Nosy, I know, but definitely want to be here to support you.

Kempy: I'm hoping the news about the job comes soon for you so you can relax.

Julie: I hope everything is going well with you and your family. Are your little ones in school yet? I can't remember if your dd goes to school this year, or not.

LT: I hope you are relaxing this evening and taking care of yourself. Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Take care everyone and hello to anyone I may have missed.
Goodnight.

Cal

Dips'n'twists
08-22-2006, 11:57 PM
You all are so aweet to wish me well on my financial aid. Keep wishing for me because they are being pains in the you-know-what.

Kempy- We gotta keep it together babe. Even if you are not journaling religiously, the important thing is that you eat right.

Cal- You're such a sweetie. I'm taking 5 classes (15 credits) Journalism, Communications, Film, TV 101 and economics. How's THAT for a semester.

Noelle- The dog is adorable. You're a brave woman cuz I wouldn't be taking in a strange dog that size. But if he's as sweet as you say than it's all good. I hope he gets a good home.

Angie- Sorry the visit with Brit didn't go so well. Don't expect her to adjust so quickly to that environment. These types of situations tend to get worse before they get better. Good Luck.:hug:

Lady T- Keep your head up. Don't let work get you down.

Take Care girls!!

Kempyd
08-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Good morning ladies! Well, he got the job but we are waiting for them to offer the salary. That is going to either make or break it. There is no way we are going to move for just a few $1000 dollars plus he will have 10x's the responsibility. What sucks is our friends from FL just told me last ngith that they will be moved over this way in the next 30 days. Figures, huh?

Cal that is great that you have good kids. I think kids now are a little rougher than when I was growing up. I don't remember people wanting to fight as much as they do now. Are you getting all of that rain they keep showing on the Weather Channel? We got a good down pour yesterday. We really needed it though. I was about to drag the hose out again but mother nature came to the rescue.

Dips I remember those days fo FA. I hated them too. It never failed there was always something that would happen and it would take longer for me to get my money. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Angie do they thing that Brit might need meds? I wonder if this is coming from years of her stuggling in silence with something and now it has just blown up. I know I keep refering to my nephew but that is the only thing I can associate this with. I think all of his stuff comes form his mother leaving the boys when they were really little and not wanting to have much to do with them. (not that you have done this) My brother didn't disciplen and the oldest just got way out of control. He lies and then acts like he is the victim when he has just hurt his family. They ended up putting him on meds the last time he was in juvy but once he got home he was more intrested in taking other things so he took himself off of the meds. He went right back to being the same ole kid. I know this is frustrating but just know that you have us talk to. We love ya honey!

melekalikimaka
08-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey ladies, well I just gave the dog up to the pound. The animal control officer (the same guy I always deal with for this area) came by and scanned him for a microchip, he did have one, but now they have to see if he is licensed. I'm glad he is going to the pound where they can either get the owner to come get him, or if not, then adopted out to someone who will take care of him. He was such a big sweetie. It was funny because when the officer came to leash him, he lifted his leg and peed on the guy's shoes :lol: He almost did the same thing to me too yesterday, but I got out of the way on time.

.......oops, gotta run for now, but I'll be back later. Have a great day all :wave:

Kempyd
08-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Bump!

Be Back, Going to fix dinner.

angieME
08-24-2006, 07:04 PM
hi. :wave:

melekalikimaka
08-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey! Wassup?!! :cool:

melekalikimaka
08-24-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm taking a quick lunch break (yeah, yeah, I know you guys are already fixin' dinner or eating it already)........... I am swamped with work right now, have some deadlines I need to meet. I'm also trying to get some pictures layed-out for a family tree project that Michael is doing.

I got a call from one of my girlfriends, her mother passed away 2 days ago so I am dealing with those emotions too. :( I am a little stressed, but nothing I can complain too much about considering. So what are you guys up to?

melekalikimaka
08-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Angie girl, I feel for you and your precious daughter. You love 'em so much you just wanna strangle 'em eh? I hope she gets her head turned around soon--and have the staff keep her away from that creepy boy. *shudder*
On your more positive note, congrats to you and Jay for MANY happy years and MANY MANY MANY more to come :love:

Kempy, congrats(?) on Joe's job offer. So have they come up with a BIG $$$ offer?

Hey LadyT, how ya doin?

Cal, here's hoping those kids stay sweet throughout the year! :cheers:

Hi Dips, Julie, cw, maggzs and everyone. Gotta get back to work. Have fun!

Kempyd
08-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Hey guys. Good to see some hi's posted.

Angie Happy Anniversary. That is so great that you guys have been together so long. You two have been together longer than you have apart. COOL! Any word from Brit about your letter?

We still have not heard about the money. It doesn't surprise me though. This company is slow with everything they do. It took them 2 months to hire him in the first place. I am not going to rush it though. More time for me to work and keep my clients happy. I still have not told all of them in fear that they will leave, and if we don't go that would be bad. So, I am just going to keep my mouth shut until we know 100% of the way.

I am going to try to keep myself OP this weekend. Our friends are in and that usually gives me trouble. But, Saturday they will be looking at houses so I can not be around them and tempted to eat lunch bad for me. I might just treat myself to a little shopping trip. I have not done that for myself in a long time and I am over due.

I think I am going to head to bed. I didn't fall alseep last night until 3AM (have no idea why) and I am starting to slow down. I will read for a bit and hope that it puts me to sleep. I hope to chat with you guys tomorrow but if I don't I hope everyone has a great weekend.

angieME
08-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi guys. Thanks for the anniversarry well wishes. We have been together forever it seems. He is the best thing to have happened to me and I love him more every day. that sounds so cheesy but it is true. he is perfect for me. I am baking Jay some pecan sticky buns for our anniversary. He LOVES them and I havent made them in so long for him. I dont think i will be eating any though because tomorrow is weigh day and they are like 8 points each. :yikes:

Kempy, I hope they tell you Joe's salary soon. I would hate the feeling of bing in limbo.

Noelle, Do you know if they tracked down the pitt's owners?

My parents took the twins to our local fair last night. They brought me home a bag of cotton candy. YUM. The dogs love that stuff. ;lol:

Well, I gotta run out and check the sticky buns to make sure I dont over proof them.
Talk to ya later.

melekalikimaka
08-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Good morning ladies... does anyone know how to cure an addiction to ebay? You know, I was doing so well, staying off of that site, then once I buy something, I seem to go haywire and buy all kinds of cr@p for a month or two. I spent over $200 on "stuff", mostly for Michael (sheets and stuff for his bedroom). But still, $200 is a lot of money for just junk like that. :lol: I'm thinking maybe I have to block that site for my computer so I can't do any more damage... of course.... if I started listing his stuff for sale and people bought them, then I would be repairing some damage wouldn't I??? :lol: haha, that's me, always rationalizing.

Angie, what happens if you let the dough rise too long? I used to work at Cinnabon WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY back when I was in high school, and my favorite thing was to make the dough in those huge mixers with the claw. :rolleyes: That and eating the cream cheese frosting :ink: :lol: As far as the pit bull, all I know at this point is that he had an owner who had him microchipped. The pound doesn't really tell us if he was returned to them. If he was properly licensed, they would probably have to pay to get him out. If he wasn't licensed, they would have to pay even more to get him out, plus get him some vet treatment for all his wounds. Poor guy. I really wish I could've kept him--he was such a nice dog.

Well, gotta get the boy ready for school. Chat w/y'all later. Have a good one!

angieME
08-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Noelle, I have that addiction too!!! :lol: I have bought so much stuff off there in the last few months. Right now I am watching 3 pairs of sandals! :yikes: You arent the only one to blow several hundred dollars on there at a time. Maybe we should start a support group? :lol:

angieME
08-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Hi. I am down .8 pound this week. A loss is a loss!! I dont know why it seems to be slowing down though. I am still doing everything right.

melekalikimaka
08-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi my name is Noelle. From this day forward I promise not to bid on stuff I don't need, junk I don't want, and cr@p I just have to win because I wanted to snipe some other bidder... :lol:

Happy Saturday. I'm home doing the laundry and playing Michael's Pokemon game :rolleyes: :lol: I'm slowly getting hooked on it, I know, I'm a dork... nothing much planned for today except for cleaning. Joy! I hope to be able to get out and around though, Rick's in Kona (yet again) messing around with his boat. I swear, I told him to just leave it there and we fly out there when we want to use it! :lol: It's really close to being in "ship shape" :rolleyes: and ready to sail. :crossed:

Angie, congrats on your loss!! Don't let those little losses get to you--they are a LOSS! Even a small loss is better than a maintain and much better than a gain. You are right on track girl. :dancer:

Kempy, enjoy your weekend and just try your darndest to keep tracking in that journal. :write:

I gotta get moving before my whole day ends up being stuck in this house. have a great weekend ladies! :wave:

angieME
08-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi Noelle. I dropped the twins off at the fair this afternoon and MIL is going to pick them up tonight because there is some country singer there that got booked last year when he wasnt famous and now he has a number 1 hit so she wants to go see him. I hope the twins are good while they are there.

Brittany has an appointment at the care facility on Tuesday to get checked out and hopefully admitted for some one on one counseling. I feel bad that she isnt starting high school with everyone else but she made her choice I guess by not working with us. Hopefully she works with them. I guess I will know what is going on Tuesday...if she is coming home or not.

I love to bid people up when you can tell they went super high on stuff. :lol: If I cant get it then they are gonna pay. haha. I am such a b@#$h!!! haha

calnative
08-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm still around. Just taking a break from writing lesson plans for the next couple of weeks. We're also still putting the house back together. I do love the tile. I can't figure out how to post the picture, yet. I'll keep trying. If I can't, perhaps someone will if I email it.
It's still hot here, but cooling down (for us anyway) to only the upper 90's and lower 100's. Because school starts so early, it seems like fall takes forever to get here.
I don't get very much free time right now, but I will try to post more often, even it's only to say hello.
I'm not doing well with WW right now. I get so frustrated and feel like I'm constantly starting over. I was looking at the progress Angie has made and I keep berating myself for not being as diligent. I'm so proud of you, Angie, and I actually try to follow your lead. You really are an inspiration to me and I think that's why I feel this way. Noelle is also a great inspiration to me. I'm so proud to have all of you to look up to. I will keep trying.
I'm off to Walmart to get some yogurt. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Cal

angieME
08-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Good Morning!!! School started today!!!! YEAH!!!!! :cheer: I am so happy. I got up and did Alicia's hair and makeup for her plus she lost 22 pounds this summer so she is pretty excited to go in and show off. :lol: She says that too. haha

Brit called me last night. She was much nicer so maybe she has had enough of the jail scene. We should know more of what is going on tomorrow after her evaluation. We will see......

Noelle, If you overproof the donuts they will get all airy and soft and then they will soak up alot of grease when you fry them. They are gross when that happens....not that Jay does that but his brother did his like that when he had his bakery going and they were crunchy and greasy. YUCK!! If I had overproofed his cinnamon buns then they would have been airy and then sunk after cooking.

Cal, I dont know how you guys can handle the heat all year. It has been perfect fall weather here for the last week. Nice and cool but oh so sunny. Today it is misty and cold but that is fine by me. It is one of those days where you want to stay in your pajamas all day. :lol:

What is everyone up to this week? I should really be doing some housecleaning today but I am making excuses. I am so not a morning person.

melekalikimaka
08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Good morning ladies :sunny: I'm getting the boy off to school so I'll just say hi for now....be back later. :wave:

Kempyd
08-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi ya!

angieME
08-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Cal, Dont berate yourself. We have all gone through the trials of weight loss. Sometimes we are doing great and sometimes not so great but...we dont ever give up. No matter what we all end up back here trying to get back on the wagon together. You all know how many times I have lost and gained . :lol: We can do this!!! One meal at a time!!!

LadyTyger
08-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Heya Girls! It's getting pretty late here, but I just wanted to post a quick hello! And let ya'll know I haven't disappeared again.

angie - I sure hope Brit is coming around! CONGRATS on your anniversary. Barkley and I had our 6th wedding anniversary on Sat the 26th (we've been together for 9). I still can't believe we've been together for that long, and still have no babies! :o

Noelle - I would hope that if someone cared enough to have the dog chipped, then they would care enough to pcik him up, but I know that isn't always the case. And I, too, am an eBay addict. I got out-bid on a *great* pair of riding breeches with 18s left last week. I was soooooo mad!

Kempy - Good luck with staying OP while your friends are in town. Hope Joe hears good things about the salary.

Cal - Lucky you for having such a great group this year. I hope they stay that way. I'm kind of considering going back for my teaching degree; I still can't make up my mind just what I want to do with my life. :)

Dips - Sounds like you will be a busy girl this semester! Hope it is a good one for you!

Well nighty night ladies! Talk to ya'll soon!

cwneeds2lose
08-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm still here. Just wanted to stop in and say "HI" to you all. I too am addicted to ebay. I just started. So, Noelle and Angie, are you the ones that keep outbidding me on the stuff I want? lol. The only things I've been buying is Hollister clothes. I don't know about you guys, but in central Cali, Hollister clothes are the only clothes the teens are wearing. I've gotten some really cute things. I can't believe some people though. I've noticed that people bid a higher price than you can purchase the item at the store. It must be the need to out bid. Anyway, I'm more addicted to selling my junk, and amazed at what some people are willing to pay for it.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great evening. Happy bidding.

Kempyd
08-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey guys. Well, it is official, we are moving to TX. I have the realtor coming Thursday to sign us up and I am trying to head to TX one day next week to look at some homes. I guess I am ok about it. I have days were it is no big deal and then others where I just freak out about it. I am sure I will be ok though.

I hope everyone is doing great. It is good to see CW and TL again. I really need to get back to the house search. We don't have long before we need to be in one so I really need to buckle down.

angieME
08-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Good morning girls!! I went to the boarding Kennel and talked with the owner yesterday and had him show me around. It should be a good place to leave Candi and Mickey while we are in Florida and the good part is it is right off the interstate so on the way back I can just stop and pick them up. I will miss them but this is one of the few certified kennels around. They are going to share a run. They are pretty big areas too.

Brit didnt get to go to her evaluation because juvie couldnt decide who was going to take her since it wasnt court mandated. GEESH!!! So now it is on for Thursday assuming they can find transportation. We went to visit last night and most of the visit went okay but she still insists she isnt going to school,not going to friends etc. Basically not gonna follow the rules. I said good then I will call the cops every time you break one and eventually they will keep you here till you are 18. I swear I will too!!!

LT, Do you guys want to have kids soon? I still think back to the day we brought brit home. Me and jay just sat in her room half the night and watched her sleep talking about how cute she was. When we had the twins there wasnt enough time to sit around and stare at them. :lol: They had different schedules and Brit wasnt even 2 yet etc. It was a busy tiring time. :lol:

We watched old videos we had made of us and the kids a while back and we came across a Christmas one where I was sick. I always seemed to be sick while the kids were younger. Well, we are all sitting on the floor unwrapping gifts and I look in the background of the camera and Alicia is at the coffee table just chugging down my glass of water while standing behind us. :lol: She would chug and then catch her breath etc. She was only about 1 1/2 or so. It was so funny. :lol: I said gee I wonder where I got all those mysterious colds from. :lol:

CW, I havent tried selling anything from ebay yet. I really should because I bought some old post cards and used them to blow up the picture for our old bakery and I really dont need the cards anymore. I paid alot for them too.

Kempy, YEAH!!! You get to look for a new house. Do you know the area? I love to go looking at houses. How far away from where you are now will you be?

melekalikimaka
08-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi ladies. It's been a crazy few days. Rick came back from Kona with some news that he found some long-lost cousins that he never knew he had. His mom had a sister that "disappeared" and was never heard from for over 40 years. My MIL always talked about searching for her sister but never came up with anything conclusive. This woman called Rick from Florida, and said when her mother passed away, she found birth certificates and a family tree that showed people she had never heard of--turns out, her mother had changed her name and hid her real identity to her own kids. Apparently my MIL's sister moved to New Orleans and raised her kids there. So this woman is Rick's cousin and has sent pictures of her mother, who looks strikingly similar to Rick's mom. It's surreal! So we're taking it slow but they are trying to reconnect.

Kempy, that is great that you are OK with the move and stuff. I'm sure that means it's a lot more money right? Well, money isn't everything... but you guys are young and talented, and no kids to tie you down so have fun with it! What are home prices like in the area you want to move to? Are they comparable to where you are?

Angie, hang tough with Brit. She can't stay in there forever and not cooperate--can she? I've sold some things on ebay, it's fun but I don't know what the fees are like nowadays. The only thing I'm bidding on now is a new karate gi for Rick. After that, I think I'm done and got the bug out of my system...until "next time" :lol:.

LadyT, belated congratulations on your anniversary as well :love: Hope you two enjoyed yourselves.

Hi Cal :wave: Have you tried uploading your tile pictures to your photobucket account? If not, you can email it to me and I can post it for ya. Just make it a jpeg or gif or bitmap...something that can be resized and attached here. Hey, I think everyone goes through the "starting over" again phase with WW. I'm sure there are only a few people out there that just "did it" all the way through with no glitches. As long as you keep trying again and again you'll get it going again. I've lost the "invincible" feeling you get in the very beginning...now it's just the day to day get-through-it-one-meal-at-a-time phase. :lol:

cw, I love getting deals on brand name stuff too. Don't you just hate when you get outbid by someone and then you go and check their feedback to see what else they've won in the past, and they just buy up ALL of the stuff you want for exorbitant amounts. There was a woman I was bidding against on a full size blanket for my son. Well, my max was say $35. She went all the way up to $76! For a USED blanket. Then when the next listing comes up, she bids it up to $104...it was ridiculous. I decided that I didn't need it that bad and apparently she did. Oh well, more money in my pocket. :lol:

Well, gotta run for now. happy hump day!

cwneeds2lose
08-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Everyone.:carrot:

Noelle, I bet your husband was so shocked about the long lost relatives. Not to mention the shock the cousin felt finding out her mom had a total different identity. Keep us posted on how that goes.

Kemp, I'm sure that God will bless your move. I'm praying that you will love living in TX. I remember you saying that the buying market is lower in TX, so I'm sure you'll get a great place to live.

Angie, I know you miss Britt, but you're doing what's best for her. If she has that "I don't care" attitude in Juvie, how much worse will it be when she comes home. Does your juvenile system have a boot camp there? We do, and it's has a fairly good success rate. There again, when they get out, they have to continue to make wise choices and new friends. I think that's the problem with drug addicts: they go to jail/rehab, learn to make good choices, but when they get out, it's back to the same friends, and same life style. You can't change when your hanging out with the same friends. CONGRATS on the wt. loss. :bravo:

Cal, can't wait to see the tile. I'm in the same boat as far as the Wt. goes. Ever since I had surgery, I've gained wt. like crazy, and having the hardest time staying OP.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. :flow1:

angieME
08-31-2006, 09:35 AM
Oh my god you guys!!! I just took Mickey and Rebel for a walk and I use one of those couplers so that they can be hooked up to one leash. Well, I was heading down the back way and there was a car coming. Mickey always stops and sits when he hears a car coming and then he will walk when they go buy so we stopped right across the street from a trailer that has a pittbull mix. Just as we stop to wait for the car i hear the door on the trailer open and she comes out to take her kids to school and she just let the pitt out. I was nervous the minute I saw that and then he saw us and CHARGED!!! If he would have been a split secon sooner he would have hit the damn car we were waiting for. He came over while I was screaming GET THE DOG!!!! He growled at mine and circled them and of course Mickey is growling back because he was scared. Mine were trying to get away from him and I was just screaming at the dog. The lady comes over and tells him to get in the car and asked if the dogs were okay. I was so scared that I literrally started to tear up and cry. I was all out of breath. Whooo. I am still worked up about it. She got in the car and by that time I had taken off and was down the street so she rode down to make sure the dogs were okay and to make sure I was okay but I was crying and so pissed off that I didnt even look back at her I just waved my arems back and said FINE and kept walking. I can not stand it when we get charged by these damn dogs!!! Mickey is nervous around any dogs not to mention when he is leashed to Rebel and neither of them can outdodge a charging dog. GEESH!!!!!! Oh I am so mad right now!!!!! I really need to calm down.

I have to go cook so much stuff today for the holiday weekend and then after we are done we get to go to juvy for yet another meeting. I am getting so tired of all this. We keep having meetings but yet nothing is happening. I guess now when they find her a bed then we have to drive her there becuase the jail wont transport unless it is court mandated. Then the shrink at juvy wouldnt recommend an immediate placement for a bed so they couldnt take her on Tuesday. What does that mean? Is she just not sick and she just likes to be mean to us? I am lost. Oh I am so stressed right now. It is a good thing I dont drink.

Kempyd
08-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey guys. Just a quik post before I head in to work. I have a long day today.

Noelle that is just crazy about her changing her name. It is almost like a movie. Was her life that bad before?

Angie I have dogs here that want to come say hi to the girls but Echo is the mean one and I have to hold her back so she dosen't get them. I alwasy feel bad for the other dog b/c they just want to play.

CW thanks for the good thoughts. Right now we are worried about the financing. How is the world do they get us apporved for a home when we already own one. I mean we are goign to sell this one but it looks like we owe a lot of money with this house sill on our credit. That is the big freak out for today.

I really need to get out of here. I will try to pop on tonight. We have the realtor coming tonight to get our house listed so I will see what I can do.

melekalikimaka
08-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Hi ladies, I stopped at Starbucks this morning and got me a mocha frap light (3 pts w/o whipped cream) and just dropped the whole dang thing on the floor at work. Luckily most of it fell on the chair runner and not the entire carpet. Yuck, took me a while to clean it up and now the portion of rug looks like a dog had a big accident on it. :yikes: Then Rick, my knight in shining armor brings me an Americano without me asking. I gotta love that guy. So! On to work. Just filing some bank statements and receipts. Joy!

Angie, I'm glad no one got hurt in the dog incident. I know how scary that must've been for you though, we have lots of loose dogs where I live. I have the humane society on speed dial in my phone! At least the woman inquired how you and your babies were doing, that's more than the people in my neighborhood would do I think. As for Brit, wouldn't you just like to go and choke the people who make the rules and laws for stuff like that? I'm hoping things smooth out for all of you and life gets back to a more even keel.

Kempy, I wish you guys the best of luck too in your move to TX. It's gotta be exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. I'm pretty much in awe of you guys who will pull up roots and start in a new place--guess it's because I grew up on this tiny island and lived in the same area the majority of my child and adulthood.

cw, you me and Cal in the same boat :D I haven't been following WW for the past 2 mos I think, I can feel my waistband on my jeans getting tighter. I'm going on a vacation mid October to I think I better get my head on straight so I can get my jeans back on comfortably. Come on, we can all do this! :high:

Oh yeah, one more thing about Rick and his long lost relatives. I found an obituary for his grandfather who died at age 47--he was murdered in a Las Vegas casino where he was a dealer. Not only that, but he had a second wife with two more kids we didn't know about. The information was in some old boxes of pictures that we had stored but never really bothered to go through since his mom died in 03. This is fun but frustrating because his mom is no longer around to ask questions of the stuff we're finding. *sigh*

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day. Don't stress out too much guys ok? :grouphug:

jbbm
08-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi Girls,

Gosh I have some catching up to do here. I have been just trying to spend every minute with the kids before they start school on the fifth. Actually I find myself not on the computer that much.

Kempy so you are moving. I know it will be hard on you and Joe because you have put so much work into your house and not to mention you are great friends with your neighbors. Good luck with the realtor tonight.

Noelle what a story. How is the little guy liking school? Are you going to Vegas this fall? Something nice to look foward to!

Angie, I hope the situation with Brit gets better. I just hate that when I am taking a walk and a dog charges at me. It scares me so bad. You don't know if they are just protecting their yard or want to bite. Or both.

Cal I am glad you are happy with the tile job. You know I think I feel fall in the air here. It got quite cold last night. The leaves will be changing soon.

Hi CW and LT.

Well I might tally up how much we spent on school supplies this year for both kids. Between gym shoes, clothes and supplies. I bet we are probally are over $150. I can't believe how expensive it is. Oh well thats life. I have been walking on the treadmill or getting some excercise pretty much daily but might take a break because my knee has been bothering me. Not to much else going on with me. Wanted to say Hi:)

angieME
09-01-2006, 09:05 AM
I started a new thread.