Old 08-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,

Well it is still hot in Phoenix, however the other night we did get a really good down pour of rain--the first one since the beginning of April or earlier.

Gene is still progressing with therapy but he really gets awfully tired afterwards. Tuesday we have an appt. to have him fitted for diabetic shoes. Perhaps that will help with the walking.

My dizziness has seemed to subsided for the moment and I am trying to get back on track to exercising and losing weight. I gave up the idea of the sauna but I am now looking at one of these personal Tens Units. This is what they use at the Chiropractor's on my leg. I really believe that is why my leg is almost back to normal. This unit can be used on any part of your body. It is especially good for sore muscles. If I get one, I will let you know how good it is.

My friends and I are going to view the new Cardinals Stadium which is located about 10 minutes from my house on Saturday. I had to obtain tickets even though they were free. This way they have numbered the amount of people who will be there at certain times. After that we are going to have lunch and then play some pinnochle.

No one answered me re "Do you Think YOu Can Dance." The finale is this Wed. and it will be on four two hours.

Well I had better get moving. I have good intentions of cleaning my bathroom so I won't have so much to do during the week.

Take care,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #17  

Hello Ladies -

Nita - not too sure what the tens unit is? Is it something they wrap around you? Glad the dizzness has subsided? Do you think it could be the heat? I really didn't watch the "So you think you can dance" but the new dance show is starting soon, Can't think of that name, but Emmett Smith a former Dallas Cowboy is going to be on, so i might try and catch some shows. I'm glad you got some rain. It is really needed here. The lake near me is about 14 ft down. We're on a water ration. Yikes, I guess it could be worse.

Not much going on with me. Planning on taking a vacation day friday. I have got to get organized. I have 2, now I said 2 big 16gal containers with papers. I need to either file them or get ride of them. I'm a pack rat when it comes to papers.

Shad - have you left yet?

Hal - when does school start for you, with kids that is?

Cat - any storytelling events coming up?

Mooz - are the kids back to school?

Hope to hear from you all soon!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Short note from me, unfortunately. Yes I am away in Weipa. We've had some awful problems and some loud arguments, but it's now mostly okay. Was a good day today. Sent several planners speechless with the hints, tips and tricks I dish out at the end of the day. One had his head in his hands uttering profanities thick and fast. Why, why, why don't they take the time to teach people the basics before they start teaching them the complicated stuff - which would not be so complicated if they just knew the basics. Another 6.30 start tomorrow so bed calls. Gotta go.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:16 PM   #19  

Hello Ladies,

Another hot day here in Texas. High was 104. Stayed indoors. Planning on taking a vacation day tomorrow. Working on cleaning or as Mooz would say "dejunking" the house.

Shad - Here's hoping tomorrow a better day for you.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:20 PM   #20  

Morning all,

Sunday, I am having a day off and came down for breakfast and then decided to check the mail. Lo and behold, today it worked. Yesterday I could e-mail but not post on sites.

I'm off to go swimming shortly. This afternoon we are going to a Pilates class. Tomorrow it's back to work and back to sorting out how to keep the interest of the masses while drumming information that they don't want or need into them. I'm now resorting to using SAP as the bribe. Yep that's right SAP as a bribe. Never thought you would see the day that a computer programme became a bribe hey?
What I am going to do is to get them into SAP which they are beginning to realise is not the ogre they thought. Get them the Business process for the particular transaction and then give them a hint, tip or trick to make life a little easier. New slide, new process, new hint. On and On and On. One of them tells me to cut the crap and just show them how to use it. Ha Ha Ha.

Nice weather up here although the locals are complaining it is somewhat cool in the mornings. You can get sunburnt by 9.00am up here.

The beaches are lovely, the sunsets are a joy to behold. If nothing else, you should get to see some shots of sunsets after I get home. Haven't seen any crocs, though I am told that there are some at a beach further down the road. The car I am driving can not go on most of the roads, so we are sort of cast here in town. Not being part of the club, we don't get invites often from the locals, and are not always able to accept when we do because of work commitments. Somehow, we will get out of town and look into the wilderness soon.

Last night we went for a walk down the beach. There were no crocodiles around and plenty of people and dogs. Obviously the locals know where and when to walk there. Went shopping yesterday and brought some more shorts since I didn't bring enough casual clothes with me. Silly me - bad packing 10 tee shirts and one pair of capris and one pair of cargo shorts.

Just met a bloke from the next computer who is going to give me a card for a helicopter company so we might get a sightseeing flight sometime soon. Might be better than a boat for seeing things. Ask and ye shall receive!!!!!

Anyway I better go get organised for the day and see what else gives.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #21  

Default RE: When life gives us lemons, we just make some....

Good Sunday afternoon movers and losers...

I did it. I drove the extra 40 minutes to a better WW location, and joined. It was really hard to do. Hard to face the weight. I promise you I was not mistaking the look of 'good luck' as I weighed in well over 300 pounds yesterday. I think it bothered her more than me, really. It did not bother me, I just noticed. There is a thin person alive and well inside this body, now to free her.

This WW location is a base location, not a local church with temporary set up provisions. The instructor clearly was well informed, and motivating. She explained some of the basic things 3 times to make the point. Oddly, I just heard the WW leader at the church I joined in January just left the organization. I knew her heart was not in it, you can just tell. Her presentations were low key, and not motivational at all. Ironically I had her 7 or 8 years previously, and could see a difference. I guess it would be really hard to watch so many people struggle over the years losing and regaining. I pray I can beat the odds this one time.

I have a teacher friend that joined 2 weeks ago, and as of yesterday he has lost 14 pounds. He admitted he has been walking more and moving more to increase his weight loss. Moving and losing, what a concept! It will be good to have a buddy there to keep me honest and we can motivate each other.

Shad: Helicopter, wow. How far from home are you now? Who is watching your Kitty? I cannot think of a nicer way to get exercise than a nice walk on the beach. Tell us more when you have time or can get on line.

OneDay: DeJunk is the word. I did not do as much as I should have this summer and find myself disgusted. I had visions of a clean and organized place. More on the things to do list. The groomer at Rocky's vet must have quit. I had a voice mal that they no longer have the groomer, and his appt this week will not be possible. The good news is he really can go another week, but now to find a good person I can trust. School started last Wednesday. I am getting ready to run in now for a few hours to work out a few things for this weeks lessons. Back on the saddle again...

Nita: I loved the first dance show series, but I am not so sure I'll watch this one. I don't seem to have time unless I tape in advance and watch when I can. I am not sure I know many of the contestants this time either! Good to hear your and Gene are doing well. I've never heard of any long term positive results fromt the tens units. It seems to be just one of those things folks eventually seem to determine they just may have gotten better over time with or without it. I hope your luck is better. I hate to admit it, I was sore from just cleaning up after an exploding toilet tank episode. The ball cock unit simply took off as if it were the space shuttle and the water flowed as if a geyser in full bloom. I got soaked, the carpet was soaked, the pipe coming into the wall decided to leak at the same time so the tank could not be readily turned off, and did I forget to mention it was the at 5:30A on the first day of school? LOL I took it as God's way of telling me to have patience with the students - I've been pretty self centered I guess, wallowing in my own 'stuff' and comes a time to pull one's self up by the boot straps, say thanks for all I have and become productive once again.

Cat: Have you seen the movie, "The Interpreter". It is all about violence in our world, and the UN in action to mediate. It is a mystery, thriller with very little violence - my kind of movie. Nichole Kidman is in it. She does a very good job in this one. I highly recommend this one. I have the roasted thin red peppers in the oven now... they are so good! I decided to name the recipe 'thin' roasted red peppers in honor of our friend Thin. I'm convinced half of the weight loss management saga is planning.

Well girls I have more to do today than time will allow. I wanted to take a few minutes to say hello to each of you and wish you all continued success in our saga to keep moving and losing!

HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #22  

Hi Chicksters~~~
Been a long time since i've posted. I have not been keeping track of things and gained all my weight back. Just down on myself too. Happened to check into our movers and losers pages and got such a smile from Hal's post. Thanks for still thinking of me! You are so sweet. Best of luck re-joining ww's. YGG~~
I don't know what i'm going to do but i must start somewhere. Hopefully posting on here again will help alot. I can try some new recipes and get new ideas on just where to begin.

I will read back to catch up a bit and post more soon.
thanks all~~
thinlizzie

thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #23  

Default RE: Hey rod, de rod... Thin is BACK...!!!

Hey Thin WELCOME back girl. Trust me, you are not the only one struggling. I feel better just knowing I am back at WW. I just got in from an evening meeting in Lexington. I drove home and did not do a 'drive thru'. You know, drive throughs are just as dangerous as drive bys, huh?

Again, so good to know you are doing well, and coming home!
Old 08-22-2006, 04:55 AM   #24  

I swear I posted last night. Maybe I didn't. Therefore much of the below will not make sense.

Didn't get to the aquarobics class I planned on - it was too cold according to the trainer - only 76 hey. So I went for a walk instead. Then veged out with the tv. One trainer and I have organised a mercy mission for Sept 2,3 and have booked a luxurious resort in Cairns for some serious r&r. It will be nice. Next Saturday we are supposedly going to a ball - dancing under the stars - whether it turns out that posh I don't know. I'll keep you posted.

I'm tired and a bit depressed - training went okay - the men are all too polite to say otherwise anyway. However I had a 'blonde' day and couldn't remember it all. In fact the Strategies and Mtce plans went right out of my head. Most of the training material didn't work. So life just went on and on and on. Finished that course now. Got other things to work on. I will get over it I guess.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #25  

Morning all,

On my morning off and I have come in for breakfast before the mess closes at 7.30am. I have packed my lunch for the day and am about to finish my coffee, go back to the 'room' and go to the gym for some weight work. I'd better check the times out before I go back or I may have taken a walk for nothing.

Having a few problems with breathing up here. The sinus' have again come into play and it doesn't help that the powers that be have decided to build a road outside the block of rooms that I live in. I think it is a temporary road while they reseal the original up the line a bit. The red dust gets everywhere. Not good for sleeping at night either. Woke up several times during the night with a rotten headache which only disappeared with copious quantities of water and panadol.

The stars up here are quite fantastic. The absence of street lights helps of course. I should get myself a book on the constellations etc. I might be able to recognise some more. I (thought) I saw Mars the other day. I thought to myself, geez I have never seen it that red - later I realised there were two red planets out there - d'oh it's a communication mast you dummy!!! When I am on my morning runs I can see Orion in the north and the famous Southern Cross in the East along with it's two pointers - Alpha Centaurus and minor (I think) Alpha Centaurus is the brightest star in these southern skies. It really shines. The Milky Way floats overhead and most mornings I get a moonlit path to guide me along. It's just magic.

The weekend rolls around again. We are already at Thursday. I need to check on the bus times for the ball on Saturday night. Yes they put on a bus to take the revellers to and from the ball. It should be an interesting time to go to a country ball after all these years. I have a balinese inspired sarong skirt and a shiny stretchy bright blue top to wear and some caramel coloured sandals. Not ball gown exactly but it is reasonably classy. I'm just gald that I put it in the bag at the last minute.

Hal - Weipa is about as far away from Brisbane as you can get in Queensland and still be in the same State. I think we are are something like about 2000km from home.
That's about it from sunny Weipa this morning - time to go check out the gym. I'll be back.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:56 PM   #26  

Hello Ladies,

Thin - So good to hear from you. Hope you keep coming back. Oh, like Hal said your not the only one struggling. My clothes are getting so tight, it's depressing. I sit and think what can I do. What diet should I try. I know I just need to exercise, but i'm always so tired when I get home. I'm trying though. Anway. How have you been? How's hubby? Are you heading back to AZ this winter?

Hal - So how was your meeting? Was this your first weigh in? Way to go for not going thru the drive thru. I know many years ago I use to frequent a Braum's Ice Cream store, then one day, when I pulled up, they recognized me and knew exactly what I was going to order. That's when I decided I needed to stop going. Ok. I still go but not as often.

Shad - I was cleaning up this weekend and came across my "backyard Stars pamplet". Too bad I can't email it to you. I"m sure the stars are just beautiful as night. Too bad about the road repairs, hope you don't have to inhale the bad stuff too long. Is the ball for all the contractors or for the employees too?

As for me not much going on. Still hot, and still under water restrictions. We did get some scattered showers yesterday and today. But only for a few minutes where I live.

Nita, Mooz & Cat - Hope to hear from you all soon!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Ladies,

Wow! It's great to hear from you, Thin. We really missed your enthusiasm and wonderful posts. As Patty stated, I, too, am having a difficult time with dieting. I did join Slender Lady two months ago and was very diligent in going to exercise three times a week. However, after 4 weeks of taking Gene to the rehab center three times a week, I have developed sore legs and some back pain. I am attributing it to putting the walker (it weighs 16-1/2 lbs.) in and out of the trunk and I don't think that would be all that bad except that now I need to push him on the walker because he does not have the strength to walk. The Physical Therapist said he has had some great improvement but I am not sure this is correct. In fact, today he could not even make it into the kitchen for breakfast so I had to call and cancel his appointment. I am at my witt's end because I am not sure what to do next!

I am still continuing to bowl at least 3 times a week and I do believe that releases a lot of the stress I have. Each morning I tell myself this will be a better day and that I will eat sensibly and somehow before the end of the day I end up not doing so.

Shad -- it sounds like you have a very interesting position and you get to see a lot of interesting places. I am not quite sure exactly what it is you are training these men to do. Does it mainly have to do with running a special program on the computer?

I am sorry haven't been diligent in posting more often, but I will endeavor to make an effort to do so in the future.

Take care all,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #28  

Default RE: Sit down, I have news....

What a tragic and sad day here in central Kentucky. I'm sure you have read or seen the news regarding the airplane crash at Bluegrass Airport. My first visit to this town was via a plane trip landing at this airport back in the early 80's. I know I am more sensitive to tragedy in general, based upon my family experience with it in the recent past. My thoughts and prayers remain with the remaining families and friends of the victims of this crash.

OK, are you sitting down? I lost weight this first week back at Weight Watchers. I lost major first week this time. I guess if you keep trying something over and over, sooner or later you get it. OK, I know you are curious by now. 7.6 pounds lost. I cannot believe it either. I did all of the things they suggest, eating every last point, and walking more if at each opportunity during the day. I am very excited at the thought that this may actually work for me. I've wondered.

I am getting over a rather bad summer cold that presented itself in it's beginning stages Thursday morning. I was a mess yesterday, but still drove the 40 minutes to go weigh in. I came home and vegged all afternoon, and have done the same today. I do feel better. Now, if you could see my things that must be done list, and they are not done.

I'm getting ready to run a few errands now, so I won't have time to post individually now. I'll post more soon.

All the best movers and losers...!!!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #29  

Hal - I am so Happy for you. I gave out a big "hor-ray" and Blackie came running to see what I was yelling out. That is wonderful. YOU GO GIRL! Doing the happy dance for ya. Keep it up. You got me motivated, I think I'll get on the treadmill tonight. When I saw the news this morning, my first thoughts of course where with the families on that flight, then I thought of you. Was not sure how close you were to that city.

Nita - I'm glad your able to keep your bowling up. You definitely need a stress releaser. Maybe next time you can talk to his physical therapist and let her know your concerns.

Not much going on here. We did get some light showers, which did help the temperature.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #30  

Fantastic numbers on your first week at WW Halgal~~~YGG. So proud of you. Like you say we are able to do even better on things after we have practiced for all these years! LOL
I don't think i will start WW meetings, but i still have all my old stuff....course now they use even newer ways to lose wt. Which way are you doing it now?

1DAY~~hope you did your treadmill Keep up the good work and HI to Blackie~~

~~NITA~~ sorry to hear of the latest turn of things w/Gene. That does seem odd that he seemed worse...are they pushing him too hard? Hope something changes and your back feels better soon. I heard the monsoon season has been quite wicked down there. Our trailer is still doing fine. A neighbor who lives in that park year round keeps me informed via email. He is a doll.

Hi to all the rest...have to get off this thing and get to bed at a decent hour. Tomorrow will be very long. A funeral for my 2nd cousin...and she was way too young. Only 67. Had heart problems and i guess something happened that could not be fixed(like an aneurism? type thing) Well, she lived life to the fullest. Still had such a youthful attitude. Very well loved lady.

All for now, i will return! bye for now,
thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote