Support Groups - Military Spouses Kicking Butt #1

View Full Version : Military Spouses Kicking Butt #1

missyb4ever
08-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Alright, so the title pretty much explains it, but to make a long story short: I lost 30 lbs when my husband went to Iraq two years ago, LOOKED and FELT the best I ever have in my LIFE! Now that he's home, I gained all 30 lbs back plus some! I want to be back where I was. That means I have 26 more lbs to go (give or take a lb depending on the day) and I don't want a buddy who will say "yeah I know what you mean, I do that too, it's ok, etc.etc.etc" when I screw up. I need someone to be like "did you go to the gym today?? No excuses!" I don't want someone to help me make excuses, I want someone to demand answers....does that make any sense? I don't want to feel like me slacking off is ok. granted yeah - we are allowed to have days off and such, but when it starts looking like I'm sliding I need a swift kick to the you know where to get me going again. Any takers, I'm listening!

Abbeycat36
08-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi Missy

My hubby is in the military too. He's been gone since June 16 and I've been on a diet since he left. So I know it's easier when they are gone, only you to worry about meal wise (well, unless you have kids of course).

My guy is pretty good with sticking to my diet plans so I hope I won't feel too tempted when he gets back.

Feel free to msg me I'm not a 'cheat' nor one to encourage it! This isn't my first time around and I've been exercising since 2001 steadily, it was the food that I let slip away on me. Ugh.

missyb4ever
08-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Abbey - hey thank you!! I Added you to my yahoo messenger. I had a spaz attack earlier this week where 3 lbs suddenly crept back up on me, and I've lost all but one of them, so I'm almost back to where I was...hahaha - so far I've lost 7 lbs on the South Beach Diet, and as you can see from my ticker, I've got a ways to go. Hope to hear from you soon!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/slider-scale/lb/200/175/193/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Abbeycat36
08-04-2006, 02:39 PM
missyb4ever

Hi, I've got a _really_ long way to go but oh well it could be worse is the only way to look at it. Strangely, although yes I look 'big' I don't feel as big as the scale says. I carry it well I guess.

You and I are in a very different time zone so if I miss ya leave me messages if you want and I'll surely get them and answer. I'm in PST I think you might be EST?

Hubby comes back on Monday! Only a few more days to go. I'm excited!! :D

Kontessa
08-04-2006, 07:04 PM
My love left today and no matter if he is here or not, a diet is hard on me. Plus I hate to cook and he loves it. Though he is a tiny guy, like 140lbs tiny! Really nice arms and butt though! LOL

I am 202lbs though and this has got to end.

What diet are you too ladies on? Do you have journal? Want to add me to your IM by chance? New friends would be great about now.

Blessings,
Kontessa

ssgtswife33
08-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi Missy & Abbey!! My husband is in the military too. I too am an Army wife. Congrats to both of you on your weight loss. I am doing Atkins and that has worked the best for me out of all the diets that I've tried. I know what you mean Missy to want to have someone push you and not let you slip while loosing weight. My husband is my biggest supporter and has given me that extra push when I needed it. I'm not one either to cheat or make a bunch of excuses. I have my meals & snacks planned out ahead of time to help keep me from slacking and I have 2 very active kids that help keep me on the move daily. Especially since school has been out. :)

Abbey~ I'm glad your hubby is coming back on Monday. I know your very happy!!

Feel free to MSG me if you like...

Abbeycat36
08-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi Kontessa,

Well neither of us _love_ to cook, but I do it cause I want to eat!
Hey yours and my hubby both are tiny! Mine weighed 140 when I met him, now he's 150, but only 5 ft 5 (I'm 5 ft 2). We're a short couple :cool:
Don't talk about arms and butts, he's been gone 2 months :devil: haha

How long is your hubby gone for, do you know? I miss hubby like crazy, I miss talking to him every day. I get email every few days but they are usually short, cause he's not a big typer. I get a phone call about once a week or so.

I will add you to my yahoo messenger thingie so feel free to msg me anytime, I know what you're goin through.

I don't have a journal, no, I just make short notes in my fitday but I have the PC version.

~ Angie

My love left today and no matter if he is here or not, a diet is hard on me. Plus I hate to cook and he loves it. Though he is a tiny guy, like 140lbs tiny! Really nice arms and butt though! LOL

I am 202lbs though and this has got to end.

What diet are you too ladies on? Do you have journal? Want to add me to your IM by chance? New friends would be great about now.

Blessings,
Kontessa

Abbeycat36
08-04-2006, 08:50 PM
ssgtswife33

Hi .. looks like we have enough here for our own club!

Glad to hear atkins works for you. I did it a few yrs back, for about 2 months. I couldn't handle it anymore, too much meat, not enough of anything else, it drove me crazy. Really hard for me to stick to. But to those who like it, that's great!!

Send a message any time.. I added you to my buddy list here on 3FC!! :hug:

missyb4ever
08-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Good Saturday morning to ya'll ladies!!! My husband is not very tiny...lol, he is 6'1" and weighs 227 right now, but he is on the diet with me and would ultimately like to be back down to 200 even. We are both doing the South Beach Diet and have seen some awesome results so far - if you are interested in it and can spare $7 I suggest finding a Barnes & Noble near you and buying the paperback version and reading up on it. It is NOT like the Atkins diet, although they share similar properties. The SBD focuses on removing the bad fats and the bad carbs, and the main reason we both got on it was we both have a family history of diabetes and this diet was created for diabetics and cardiac patients by a doctor in South Florida. BUT - you have to find what works for you, we went through a lot of different diets that work for a lot of other people, but this one is the one that is working for us. Kontessa and Abbey I have added you to my yahoo messenger, ssg's wife...do you have yahoo messenger?? If you do, private message me and I'll add you. GOOD LUCK this weekend, don't splurge, stick to your guns, and we'll meet back up soon!

ssgtswife33
08-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! My hubbs is somewhat smaller then me and has been for the past several years. He's 6'0 and weighs about 166lbs. He made a comment to me once and I know why he made this comment, to make me work harder at this but he told me that I would never be smaller then him. He then gave me a giggle and winked at me. Well.. I had news for him. He told me that when I weighed in at 200. I'm at 177 right now... very close to his weight. Everytime I weigh myself, I get even more determined to loose this weight.

good2me
08-06-2006, 12:32 PM
OK! Give me 20 push-ups! Now!
I know what you mean. I don't want someone to say, "Aw, just forgive yourself and get back on track". I need someone who is willing to tell me, "What are you, crazy? Because doing the same thing over and over will get you exactly the same body you have now. I don't want to hear any whining about what you did and WHY you blew it, I want you to get back on track! NOW! Do you hear me? NOW! Get the body you want. You and only you can do this. And you CAN do this!"
This is what I'm looking for. I need that kick in the butt. If you do too, I'll kick you! Just kidding. Only figuratively.
You go girl! Oh- a bit about me, I have a solid 15 lbs. of fat to lose. I'm working out, cardio, weight lifting. I MUST get my diet in check to see results, this I know. No more excuses. I'm a stay at home Mom of a 3yr old and 7yr old. Great life, great husband. This is the only thing holding me back from complete happiness. Uggh, my big butt and muffin top. Bleck! It's just not attractive....
Kerry

gma22
08-06-2006, 12:33 PM
I would just like to say HI to you lovely ladies who all have hubbies in the military. I am an old hat at the military life as my husband was a career sailor. I know what it is like to be left standing on the pier or at the airport when they pull out! I did that many many times!

I congratulate all of you on your hard work to get the weight off and try and keep it off. It isn't easy, especially if you are living on enlisted pay! :lol: My husband was 6'2" and weighed a big 175 when he was in the military! I struggled with weight and he could drink Mountain Dew and Chocolate Shakes and never gain an ounce. The fat fairy got him back when he reached middle age and he is now trying to get down to around 190.

I am more than likely the age of most of your moms, but if you need to talk or ask questions or anything, feel free to PM me. I have a lot of lovely and tasty lowfat meals that don't take rocket scientists to cook and would be happy to share.

Good luck to each and everyone of you and I'll be praying for your guy's safe return from wherever he went!

Faye (Husband USN Retired 1969-89)

Abbeycat36
08-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone.. and hi Faye too! nice to see you here..

Bah! I don't care if you're older/younger or whatever! That's fine with me. My mom has a long time friend and we've talked on the phone for a couple of hours at times!

I don't mean to be nosy and don't comment if you don't wish to of course, but it sounds like military member pay is not very good in the USA? The pay here is not bad, but if you have a family with several children and mom at home, then yes it is a lot tougher. We don't have children and I work as well so we have no lack of funds, thank goodness. The military member here too gets a few dollars a month extra when they are sailing.

good2me
Maybe you should try the tae bo stuff. If you like to be bossed around he'll do it for you!! hahaah ME, I don't find that ever worked for me. I find the 'come on, are you kidding me? you can do THAT' works better.

My hub is comin come tomorrow!! just one more night to go and tomorrow morn I pick him up!! yay!!!!! :D :p

gma22
08-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Abbey: I have to admit it has been a long time since Jack was active duty so with regards to pay now, I don't know, but we decided when we had kids that I should stay home with them because he would be in and out to sea so much and we thought they should have someone home all the time. With that being the case, we had only his income and two children to support. As I said, he was enlisted and when he retired his pay, including everything AND the pay that was not even taxable, was barely $20,000 a year. I don't know about army bases, but the aviation Navy bases where Jack was stationed are in big cities, ie San Diego, Norfolk, etc and the expenses were horrible. We didn't have parents to help us out and sometimes I wondered where the next meal was coming from. I know that sounds horrible, but the fact is this country doesn't think enough of their servicemen to pay them enough to keep their family fed, clothed and housed. I bet most of the ladies here probably have jobs and not all of them are probably happy about it. Many a time we couldn't even get into base housing and would have to pay rent on the outside, which would take a huge chunk out of his pay. Our kids never got the latest toys, shoes, jackets, whatever because there wasn't enough money for that. It was Payless and KMart. My poor children can tell you they hated being in the Navy because we moved every three years. If we went back, we wouldn't stay in for the long run even with his retirement pay. It makes me sick that the men and women who are keeping this country safe are subjected to this and sometimes resorting to FOOD STAMPS to get by. It is disgusting. Ok, sorry about the :soap: but it is a truly sore subject with me. People want to continually cut the defense budget and the people that serve are the ones that suffer. I applaud you young ladies whose husbands put their lives on the line and for you who sacrifice so much in his doing it! :carrot: Here's to you ladies!!! :hat:

No one thinks what it is like to be without your husband for months or sometimes years at a time. Having to figure out where to come up with the money for the car repairs, what to do about the washer breaking down, etc. Crying yourself to sleep because you miss him, but burying your head in the pillow because you don't want the kids to hear. We have been married 34 years now, have a lovely life and two grown married children and a scrumptious grandson (avatar), but it takes a huge amount of work for a military marriage to work. The divorce rate in the military is nearly 75% and those that work hard enough to keep their relationship going can only be patted on the back. IT AIN'T EASY! One thing that I think is the hardest is the man goes to sea or overseas tour and the wife has to handle EVERYTHING herself. He comes back home expecting to take back over responsibilities he had before he left and the wife put out because she gets it into her head, who does he think he is? I did this alone for XXX amount of months and did it just fine, etc. Sometimes the wife starts resenting the man when he gets home no matter how gently the man tries to reinsert himself. Another thing is some wives go into marriage to a military man having NO IDEA what the huge change is going to be like. My husband sat me down when we became engaged and laid it all out to me the good and the bad and what I would have to go through if we married. He also always put ME first in the relationship and I could be as wrong as they come, but in public he supported me no matter how wrong I was. Our children grew up watching parents who loved each other and worked at their relationship. My 33 year old son got married 2 years ago and the day he got married he put his arms around us and said, "Thanks mom and dad for giving me such a good example of what a marriage should be." Ok, now I am all blubbery so....

You all have a great afternoon. I am going back to watching the CUBS game and the NASCAR race (we are flipping back and forth between the two.)

Faye

Abbeycat36
08-06-2006, 06:06 PM
gma2one

Yes I saw your little one there in the pic and he's a cute little redhead!! :D

I know about the things you speak of but thankfully I am not experiencing as much financial struggle. As I said we do not have kids and likely not going to have any. We were only married last year at age 37 and things being the way they are these days in the world, I just don't feel that it's for me.

We met 4 yrs ago and at that time my (now) hubby sat me down also and told me what I would be in for. I have to admit I was not anxious to deal with the special situations that come with being a military wife (being alone a lot, especially), but I just took a deep breath and said we'll work through it. He does not go away really LONG, so far at least. Usually here they do a 2 yr rotation - 2 yrs on, 2 yrs off (trips I mean). Aside from special circumstances of course. And I don't mean for 2 yrs steady, it's a couple of months here, a couple there, a few weeks away, a few weeks home.

We've discussed the 'coming home and taking over' thing. I've told him he has to work his way back into the swing of the household and so far he's not too bad with doing that. Marriage is a lot of work, and we do NOT want to be a part of that 75%.

I am happy for you that you managed to survive such struggles and came out still a happy couple. I look around at even the non military families and even they have a lot of troubles. Obviously you did a lot of great things with your kids, to have your son say such a sweet thing to you!! Awww :cool:

I'm counting the hours now until he gets home! I'm so excited!! :D

ssgtswife33
08-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Hello Everyone!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I went to weigh myself and no loss :( but no gain either. It's been this way for a couple of weeks so I guess it's my turn again to plateau :( It does get frustrating but.. I just keep going. I'm going to change some of my foods up and see if that helps and change some of my exercising. I will not let this get to me.

Abbeycat36
08-08-2006, 02:37 PM
ssgtswife33

Sorry to hear you didn't lose any. But you have lost a LOT already! So obviously what you are doing is working well, so give yourself mental points for that. You know what works, and eventually it will kick back in I'm sure.
I haven't reached any plateaus yet since it's still pretty early for me, but I'm sure it will be depressing for me as well when it happens. Just remember that if you keep doing it, it will eventually start again :hug:

missyb4ever
08-08-2006, 04:49 PM
ssg'swife...have you changed up your workout routine lately?? I talked with a personal trainer and he said the way to bust out of a plateau is to only do cardio (atleast an hours worth) for a week or two, no strength training, and work it hard, really push yourself, then start adding in weight training again, and it should bust you out....try it and see if it helps. Looks like you've already done a GREAT job losing a TON of weight, now all you have to do is get back on the horse and lose a few extra measly pounds.
I on the other hand had a gain of about a pound, but that's because I thought I'd start easing carbs back into my diet, which was a big fat mistake. I'd rather lose the weight I need to, and be on a steady workout plan before I do that...I still have about 17 lbs to lose before I'm happy. I need to get my lazy butt in gear and go to the gym!

ssgtswife33
08-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Abbeycat~ I'm glad you haven't experienced a plateua. Since I started loosing the weight, this is probably the 2nd time that I hit a plateua but I am fixing to change some of my eating & exercising routines around and hopefully that will kick my weight loss back into gear.

Missy~ I haven't changed it up yet but I'm about too. I might go ahead and do cardio full force like you mentioned. It doesn't hurt to try.:) I know what you mean by those carbs. I tell you, they can be evil sometimes!! *lol* I'm doing a low carb diet and at times, I want to add just a few more carbs in there. It sounds crazy but I find myself arguing with the inner me at times on why I shouldn't have certain carbs. :)

missyb4ever
08-09-2006, 07:23 AM
I am so frustrated, it seems the plateau bug has hit me as well....I've been stagnant this whole week, I even worked my butt off at the gym, and I honestly think it's because i've steered away from eating 5 smaller meals/day and gone to eating 3 larger ones. Well, that'll change today. DH gave me a really nice ab workout at the gym yesterday, definately helps working with someone you want to impress, haha.Will prob go to the gym tonight because I feel guilty for not losing anything, I'd be satisfyed with a pound a week right now...but that won'e help me meet my goal for this month, so! Action must be taken!! Freaked out because I started Phase 2 and had some whole wheat thin pizza crust with SBD friendly toppings, gained a lb (notice I went from 193 to 194?) HOWEVER, after reading some really inspiring posts about Phase 2 (the weight gain WILL happen but it's just your body readjusting to the new carbs, etc. and it WILL come back off after you adjust made me feel a lot better. Just sounds like it will take some fine tuning to figure out which breads I CAN eat, and what time of day I can eat them with the least negative affect.

Aside from that, hubby passed his tape test today (YAY!! He lost 2" off his waist, he's doing awesome on this diet too, but seems to have hit a plateau as well.) AND we went to speak to a college counsellor for him to start taking classes so he can get his commission and become an officer! Until then, we will have him studying for his E-5 (SGT) board in October, Soldier of The Month board is in September.....that's all, I'm rambling now, but seriously, if I don't report on my workout by tomorrow morning, someone KICK MY BUTT!!!! Good luck today ladies!

I can just TASTE the 180's...it is my true goal to break out of the 190's and into the 180's by the end of this month, wish me luck!

Abbeycat36
08-09-2006, 06:19 PM
missyb4ever

Hey girl.. don't fret. NO way you're at a plateau yet. I'm just going by your ticker of course, which says you've lost 6. Did you just start out recently? I've read lots of posts about plateaus and they say you can't really consider it a plateau until it's weeks and weeks with no loss. So this is a GOOD thing for you.

I don't do the SB diet so I can't comment on that part but what I will say is that if you are following your plan, exercise and eating well, it does sometimes take a bit of time. Some weeks you see none, or less, and then other weeks, bang! For instance, I lost 3 this week, nothing last week. The week I lost nothing i was a bit sad, but it was TOM for me, so I likely was holding water.

Just focus on the prize, as they say. Follow the instructions, do what the program says, you WILL see a loss, some weeks more than others, some less. Don't get discouraged, we are here for you, and you WILL do it. :smug:

missyb4ever
08-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Abbeycat, you were right, I'd hit a bump in the road and mistaken it for a plateau...thanks. As you can see, I went down a pound, only 4 more to go this month!! I'm 1 lb shy of my 1 lb/week theory since I started this whole diet thing, so I'm almost theoretically on track.......I'm making excuses aren't I?? Ok, I digress...but I'm excited because I'm almost where I wanted to be on the timeline of things when this all got planned out.

Going to the gym today, probably twice, once for cardio, once for weights - who knows, I actually feel lazy just sitting here so I'll probably get dressed and go shortly after finishing my breakfast, GOOD LUCK TODAY LADIES, and remember, NO EXCUSES!!!!!

gma22
08-10-2006, 01:24 PM
You gals are doing great! Don't let a little plateau slow you down! Keep thinking what your hubby will say when he sees you and that keeps you plugging along.

Missy, when Jack was still in the Navy they put him on weight control. Now get this, he was 6'2" and weighed 175 lbs! The Navy used to and don't know if they still do, use a tape measure method for body fat that stinks. Because he was bigger around the middle when they did their hocus pocus they said he was OVERWEIGHT! I felt sorry for him because the man was rail thin, they could see that and still kept him on weekly PT's because they said he was overweight. Poor guy had bad knees from the steel decks of the ships and still had to keep running every week even though he couldn't lose an ounce. That went on for the last 4 years he was in the Navy and all he did those last four years was TEACH AVIATION ELECTRONICS so he sat on his behind the whole time.

I continue to pray a big prayer for all your guys who are overseas or in combat that God will put his hand on them and protect them.

Keep up the good work girls and look forward to the ULTIMATE GOAL PRIZE, your husband coming home!

Faye

Abbeycat36
08-10-2006, 06:55 PM
missyb

Good for you, congrats on the lb lost!
Don't fret too much about how much how fast. Just focus on doing the right things and it will come off. You might see less one week and more on another. It will balance out... at least so far that's what's goin on with me. One week I had nothing, then the next i had a good week. But steadily I've been doing the same thing.

gma2one
My hubby got home on Monday and not going away again until end of October. This week is a bit of a small struggle cause he's sleeping a LOT and not quite being himself. He's so tired out. Poor guy :smug:

ssgtswife33
08-10-2006, 08:09 PM
missy~ Congrats on the lbs lost!! :carrot:

I haven't weighed myself in the past couple of days. I switched some of the things I was eating around and changed up my exercise so I'll wait another week or so and then weigh myself.

I hope everyone is having a good day. :)

missyb4ever
08-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Ladies, I propose a challenge....anyone up for accepting it?? Here's the deal.

We all struggle to make time to exercise...atleast everyone I know does. But I was thinking of a challenge for myself for this month and into the next few months that would become a lifestyle change, and it's come down to this. Finding ATLEAST a half an hour a day to exercise. I say ATLEAST because obviously the more you work out, the better the benefits, but if I could just find a half hour a day, I KNOW I would see some really positive results. SO - I will update this every day with what I've done exercise-wise...and I challenge you to do the same. Do a workout video, go on a 30 minute walk, jump rope, whatever it takes, a half hour is such a small amount of time to devote to our bodies. I'm starting today, is anybody with me?

missyb4ever
08-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh come on ladies, did everyone take the weekend off or what??? Well, I'm headed to the gym with DH in about 10 more minutes...I hope you've worked your butts off!!! I expect a full report from everyone on Monday! (P.S. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the scale said 192.6 this morning!!!)

Abbeycat36
08-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi Missy,

Hmm... it's a good idea you have, but I usually have a different exercise schedule. I keep to a commitment of 40 mins cardio on one day, then 20 the next with weight training after. I do that for 5 days, then usually on Saturday I go for a walk outside and no exercise usually on Sunday.

My 'committed' time is just that, my promise to myself. But some days I go over that. Depends on how I feel at the moment or how tired I am that day. Some days I commit to 40 mins but actually end up going for 60.

I did do 30 mins walking yesterday, and Sunday is my off day, but I might still go out for a walk outside later tonight.

~Angie

ssgtswife33
08-14-2006, 02:25 AM
Hi Everyone!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I haven't really had a chance to get on the pc the past couple of days to post. This past week has not been a good week. My eating & water was not where it should have been. Alot of stuff going on and couldn't get myself motivated. I have just been so wore out.... :( Monday starts a new week for me... it's going to be very successful. What happened last week stays behind me. I'm pushing myself hard this week.

Abbey~ Your workout routine looks pretty good. When I head to the gym, I do the same thing. I plan on staying there for about 1hr and sometimes end up working at 1 1/2 hrs. My plan is to get up early and get my workout at the gym done with before the little ones get up... I'll hit the pool in the afternoon with the kids for another little workout and then do my evening walk with the kids.

~jENN

missyb4ever
08-15-2006, 11:08 PM
So, I've been hitting the gym for the past three days with DH, doing 30 min cardio, and alternating between working abs & arms, then legs. I can definately feel a difference in my hamstrings, can feel them getting stronger, hooray!! Now, if I could just loose some of the jiggly bat wings on my arms by the time October rolls around, I'll be somewhat happy :) No updates on weight lost :( I've stalled again...hopefully not for long!

Abbeycat36
08-16-2006, 01:52 AM
Hi Everyone!

I've been doing something different this week, rather than my usual. Hubby got home on Monday so we've been walking outside instead of doing the usual inside workouts. I've had a lot of work this week too so it gives me a nice break outside. ( I work from home on a computer)

I even did exercise on Sunday which is usually my "off" day (for exercise).

Sounds like you guys are doing great too exercising a lot huh! Yay for you!!!

My hub goes back to work next Monday so I'll prob go back to my regular routine then. Depends on which shift he's on (night or day) - he alternates back and forth between the two shifts. Also I am waiting for my "just my size" yoga to arrive so hopefully that comes soon!

~ Angie

missyb4ever
08-16-2006, 07:36 AM
AGGGGH, I am so frustrated!!! I have been busting my BUTT this week working out, and desperately trying to eat right, and WHY am I gaining weight?! I'm going to make some changes as of today, NO MORE EATING AFTER 7PM!!!! My metabolism is just winding down too quickly that late at night to do any good, so if I'm still hungry, I'll drink some water :) Not searching for excuses for why I'm gaining weight, I'm accepting it's because my eating habits have gotten lazy and I'm changing them to see some results...good luck ladies!

Abbeycat36
08-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi Missy,

I find there's a fine line between not being tough enough / being too tough on oneself. If you think that stopping food at 7 pm will work for you, I'd try it. I think it really depends on the hours you keep and when you go to bed. I try not to eat past 9 pm but I go to bed at 12.

But if it's only one bad week, don't be too hard on yourself, just keep plodding along with your plan. It might just be a hump week. I had a week there with 0 loss but I think it was just water, because I had not paid much attn to it that week.

I think if you're not overeating in general or eating bad foods, then probably it's just a hump week. Try different stuff and usually you'll see what went on after a week or 2.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

missyb4ever
08-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Abbey, thank you for the support. I am going to the gym every day and working out for an hour, I definately know i will see results if I stick to that. Going to the gym is becoming more of a routine now, which is nice. I think I will probably be going 5-6 days a week, so I know if I keep doing that and eating well, I'll be fine. I succeeded tonight in not eating past 7pm, narrowly, but I made it, so, I will see how the rest of this week goes, and I'll give a weight update on Monday!

Abbeycat36
08-17-2006, 03:14 AM
Missy,

Awesome, I'm glad you feel a bit better!! Nothing worse than feeling bad, it just steamrolls from there I think. I find how you manage your thoughts is 90% of the work. 10 % is just actually making it happen. If I could just turn off my "oh, do it later" type thoughts, and just DO IT, then it would be done no problem!! Try above all to stay as positive as you can. If you do what should work, eventually it WILL work.

I've been on the exercise train since 2001, most of it pretty faithfully, except for a few periods of slacking. I exercised my butt off and it would take forever to lose 10 pounds. It's not until this time that I started counting calories along with the exercise that it seems to actually be working a lot better.

I bet that cutting out late night eating will probably work pretty well for you. Don't forget to drink the water though, as much as you can. The week I lost 0 was because I really just slacked off on my water. My body is SOOO sensitive to water weight gain that I can gain 2 pounds overnight if I didn't drink enough water the day before. (happened to me today, actually).

Stay positive and keep telling yourself you WILL succeed. :D

~ Angie

ssgtswife33
08-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Missy~ I know it's hard not eating past a certain time. I've read in articles how they suggest to people trying to loose weight not to eat atleast 2 hrs before bedtime. I try to not eat past 8pm. I knew someone who was trying to loose weight, well there cut-off time for eating was at 5:00pm. Needless to say, they didn't last that long. I think that was way to early. But a Kudos to you for your strength on not eating past 7:00 :bravo:

n2luvnlife
08-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I would like to join your little group, if you will have me and I am a great motivator of getting you off your butt and up and moving. :carrot:

My husband is in the Navy. I am 35 and have been married for two years. I have been through one deployment with my husband and many weeks of him not being home. I understand where you ladies are coming from plus I am also a Navy brat. Lived all over the world when Dad was in.

We are on shore duty so we moved from Norfolk, VA to Charlottesville, VA so my husband could do recruiting - which he despises. He can't wait to get back to sea come next August.

Hi, Angie, Missy, Jen, Faye! I look forward to getting to know you better. I hope you have an OP weekend and plenty of Water and excercise!!!!!

I weigh in on Monday's - I just started two weeks ago come Monday so we'll see if I lost anything. I am doing Atkins! I am going to Virginia Beach tonight for the weekend - Hoping I can stay OP! Wish me luck.

Good luck to everyone and I am always up for a challenge, count me in. IM me if anyone wants to chat.

Abbeycat36
08-18-2006, 05:50 PM
n2luvnlife Welcome!

Welcome to our 'unofficial' military thread. I don't know if we are allowed to make our own little group? Maybe if someone sees this that has the answer you can let us know. Right now we're stuck here in the buddy thread :smug:

My hubby and I are both 37, he's in the air force but does travel with the ship too. Me, I'm a graphic designer, I do newspaper layout work (no web design) for 14 yrs now. No kids, married only since last year but together for 4. We have 2 kitties (see pic).

I weigh in on Thursdays.

I'm not in most people's time zone it seems ( I'm PST) but anyone feel free to send me IM's here or yahoo, etc and I'm a pretty faithful replyer (if that's a word).

Good luck n2luvnlife with your program this weekend. Just remember it's only food and it's not worth it okay? :smug: Try to bring along some chopped fruit and I bet that will help.

Hope everyone's having a good week so far.

~ Angie

jeschajmac
08-18-2006, 06:32 PM
I am a Air Force wife and I also need some serious butt kicking. I have done it before on my own, by weight watchers and going to the gym. I had lost 67lbs. and then started gaining weight back, then the bomb dropped, I got pregnant with my son and almost three years later, I have 80lbs. to lose. I know I can do it, the problem is the motivation. I would like to be a part of this group and get my butt back into shape. So let's DO IT!

missyb4ever
08-18-2006, 06:49 PM
LADIES!!! I am THRILLED at our new "members" haha...we have a nice little support group going on here, how awesome! n2 and jes...welcome. The more butt kicking people, the better! 2m, I'm at Fort Eustis, VA...how far are you from me? We're only 45 min from VA beach!!!

Abbey, great to see things are going alright for you....I have survived the week going to the gym, getting ready to go right now, enjoying my last meal of the day as we speak :-) I lost those pesky 2 lbs that crept up on me, so I'm back at 193, we'll see what the weekend holds right?? I've been doing good about eating several small meals a day, which I definately think is helping. I'm also taking Abbey's advice about drinking more water to see if I can rid myself of my water gain as my body seems to think it needs to retain every last drop.
GOOD LUCK this weekend, stick to your guns, and your diet plans ;-) I'll catch up tomorrow.

missyb4ever
08-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Alright, I'm crossing my fingers this is a good trend :-) I've lost 2 lbs this week....2 more to meet my August goal!! I've stuck to not eating after 7pm, even though last night was a HUGE struggle to not even have a tiny little snack, cuz I was up until midnight, but I did it!! and it's bringing me results, plus I've hit the gym every single day this week for an hour, which I'm sure is doing nothing but helping (now I'm kind of scared NOT to go to the gym!!) Am going to limit what I eat today because i'm going out to a club with my girlfriends and will have a couple drinks, but will stick to something easy like rum & diet coke, or something that won't have too huge of an impact on me :-) Good luck this weekend girls!!

ssgtswife33
08-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi Jes & n2 and :welcome: Our group is slowly getting bigger and bigger!! :grouphug:

littlelori~ Your hubbs does recruiting for the Navy? My hubbs does recruiting for the Army . I'm doing Atkins too. That has seemed to be the only program that I've been successful on.

jes~ Motivation is a big key factor in loosing weight. You can definitely find motivation here as well as support.

missy~ Way to go on your weight loss!! :bravo: You are doing such a great job. Keep it up.

Angie~ That would be neat if we were allowed to start our own group here. We would be more noticeable and get more military spouses in here. I'm also in the same time zone as you are (PST).

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!!

missyb4ever
08-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Ladies, where did we go??? How did everyone's Monday fare?? I took Sunday off from the gym, but am back on this week, I figure going 6 days a week isn't that bad, right? Keep up the good work, let's get some updates posted!!!

brooke26
08-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi Ladies!

Well, my man is a Navy man, but is going to flight school so I'll have him home for the next 18 months at least....I'm not looking forward to the first time he is gone, but I know we'll push through. The divorce rates in this lifestyle are staggering!! But, again I knew who he was when I married him, and I know we'll be just fine.

My hubby weighs 136 on a good day. He's 5 7", all muscle, literally not an ounce of fat on his body....it's crazy. He said the other day "I'd really like to weigh 145..." I said "hey, me too!!" So, now we know we're moving towards the same goal, only I'm moving DOWN the scale and he's moving UP!!

I admire all of you for your support of your men while they are away...and dedication to losing weight. After we had been dating for 18 months, we got engaged and my DH went to South America for 2 years!! When he got back I weighed 135 (which he says was too thin for me) and I looked GOOD. I don't want him to have to leave for me to get a hold of myself. In one month I will be 175!!! September 22nd. Come **** or high water!!! I NEED the 170's on the scale!!

missyb4ever
08-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Brooke, good to have you here, welcome!! I feel ya, for some reason, on deployments or separations, it's easier for some women to lose weight...I did the same thing...I am so close to the 180's...I'm shooting to be in the 180's by your goal date in Sept...keep in touch, and we'll definately help you out however we can!! Sorry so brief, I'm on my lunchbreak and I gotta go!! talk to ya'll soon!

ssgtswife33
08-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Welcome Brooke!!! I too agree that it is so much easier to loose weight when they're deployed. I do alot better when hubbs is deployed however I hate when he is gone. Congrats on the weight that you have loss so far. Keep up the great work. Before you know it, you will be in the 170's.

Everyone... have a good one!!

brooke26
08-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Evening ladies....

Well, after a couple of VERY long days in the house (we're trying to manage this one car thing for as long as we can) I got to go to the gym....yey! I worked out for an hour. 3 miles on the treadmill and lifte weights. I hope I'm feeling that tomorrow. I'll be up at 6 a.m. to do some Tae Bo!!

Anyway....I've been keeping close tabs on my calories at Fitday.com (which is AWESOME) and have been doing a good job staying close to my goal of 1500 a day. I work out pretty hard and get too weak and tired if I go to 1200 or 1300- I don't know how some can do that. So, my DH comes home with my favorite candy bar- a SKOR bar!!! Oh how I love those candy bars. I REALLY wanted it, so what did I do? Save it for another day? No. I ate about 1/3 of a dinner and ate the darn candy bar. I came in at about 1600 calories, so it wasn't horrible....he thinks it was sweet. I think it was Satanic! It was sweet of him to think of me.....how do I get him to think of me with flowers instead of chocolate??

Anyone a scrapbook fan out there?? I'm SUCH a dork and watched QVC a lot today- it was a scrapbook fair. I spent about $300 imaginary dollars....if only.

I have to go plan my menu for tomorrow.

'night ladies!:dizzy:

missyb4ever
08-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Brooke, you crack me up....the Skor bar won't kill you thank God, but tell DH to think of something calorie free next time he wants to be sweet ;-) Good for you, gettin up all early to work out....if I didn't have to be at work at 7am, by god, I'd probably be there with ya.,....well, no I wouldn't, I'd be sleeping, but it's the thought that counts right??
Last night, DH convinced me that that night should be our night off from the gym this week because we were both so ridiculously tired, so we took the night off, only with threats that we were going on Sunday (our normal day off) come **** or high water, haha! And...despite my grinding fear, there was no change on the scale this morning, which disproves my theory that if I miss going to the gym for one day, I'm going to gain atrocious amounts of weight.....somehow I see a gym addiction forming here...good?? I hope so!
Ok, I'm rambling and I still need to iron my shirt and get ready for the day, have an AWESOME day ladies, keep up the awesome work, and we'll catch up soon!

brooke26
08-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Alright, well so much for my little pep talk last night. I forgot to turn my alarm on.....I woke up when DH bounded out of bed and said "it's 6:54!!" He has to be at work at 7:30 and we live 25-30 minutes from the "unit." Oops!!

So, now I'm sitting in my underwear still doing some chores and playing with my DD (9 months old) until nap time....THEN Billy Blanks and I will have a little go round.

What do you ladies eat?? I can't even THINK about salad anymore. I'm sick of them, and I'm out of lettuce and won't go to the grocery store until Saturday.

I tried the South Beach frozen meals....pretty tasty! A little expensive, but I found them at the commissary for an acceptable price.

I'll check in with you all later.

ssgtswife33
08-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I hate when that happens. I went and set the alarm one night (I was so tired) and thought I would cut the volume up (radio alarm) to make sure I would here it since I was so tired, well... needless to say, I cut the volume all the way down instead of up. That was my Oops!! :)

I love salads. I love to add baked chicken in mine and sometimes I'll add tuna. I haven't been very strict lately on my eating but I jumped back on full force as of yesterday. I'm following the Atkins plan. I'm just not doing to much of the high fat. Are you following the South Beach diet?

My sister is trying to get me into scrapbooking. She teaches classes. I looks like so much fun. The only thing is that it can get very expensive. The outcome of all the projects look so pretty and cool. I'll probably convert. *hehe*

ssgtswife33
08-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Missy~ Your doing such a great job with your weight loss. I think it's good to have such motivation on going to the gym. That's definitely a good addiction to have. :)

n2luvnlife
08-23-2006, 01:32 PM
I Couldn't remember where the thread was! I am glad I found you. I wrote it down. I will read to catch up on the thread and I will post more later today and get caught up!

Have a great afternoon, great morning for those on the Pacific!

ssgtswife33
08-23-2006, 04:46 PM
:wave: Hi LittleLori!! Glad ya found us again :)

brooke26
08-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Hey ladies!

I love how many of us there are! Today Billy Blanks and I had a great Tae Bo date! Going to the gym is a GREAT addiction. I do get bored after about 4 days of the same activity, so I change it up every week. The classes are a great challenge and way to stay motivated! And, they are so hard!!!! Noyhing like a little butt-kicking.

I have a church activity to go to, but I hope everyone had a great day.

Brooke

missyb4ever
08-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Brooke, glad you were able to finally meet up with Billy, haha. I like doing Tae Bo, but for some reason, I just prefer the results I get from going to the gym. SO my DH totally burned out my abs last night, which is a good thing. And we did dips and pull ups for upper body...OUCH!!! I'm feelin it this morning, but with no weight gain for the past week, I'm going to take that as a good thing and move on...I gotta start working hard to meet my pounds lost goal for this month, I only have a week left to drop 2 lbs, hopefully that won't be too hard.
Hope you all have your butts in gear this morning!! It's almost friday!!!!!

n2luvnlife
08-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi Missy, Brooke, Abbey, Faye and Jen. I wouldn't even weigh myself this week after my weekend at the beach. I dont' eat bad things, I think I just eat too much at one serving. Any suggestions?????? I am scared to weigh myself (don't want the disappointment) so I am going to wait until Friday to weigh myself (oooh that is tomorrow). I usually weigh myself on Monday's. That has got to change.

I love scrapbooking! I just finished one for my husband of his life in the Navy and gave it to him. He almost cried. I am hooked. Dont' know what my next one will be.

I go to Curves 4x a week and I am aiming for 5x's. I also would like to incorporate the Tae Boe DVD's that are collecting dust in my cabinet that I have had for months. Need to get motivated and get those out and start using them. That will be my goal for next week, Tae Boe for two days. You gals make me stick to it!:hug:

Oh how I miss the commissary!!!! Too far to get to one unless I drive to Norfolk or D.C.

I have been busy at work - end of our Fiscal Year and working on nothing but budget for next year this week. :dizzy: I am tired of looking at spreadsheets.

I am rambling, will bring it to a close! Keep Motivated and OP!!!!! :carrot:

Ruthxxx
08-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Nice little support group you've got here. I have moved this thread to Support Groups. Let me know if you'd like the title changed to Military Spouses or something else.

n2luvnlife
08-24-2006, 05:33 PM
I see we have moved! That is so kewl. :dizzy: I think Military Spouses is appropriate then newbies or lurkers can join in, what do you all think?

I had trouble finding it the first time lol, but I did find it since she moved it. :carrot:

Bored at work would like to chat. I will read later tonight after I go work out to see if anyone has posted. Have a great evening or afternoon everyone.

missyb4ever
08-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Yup, we got moved, we finally made an impact! I emailed Ruth and asked her to change the title to "Military Spouses Kicking Butt" or something to that affect. n2luv...as far as eating too much at one serving...challenge yourself to only eat half of what you put on your plate. You really should only be eating until that hungry feeling is gone, not until you have to undo your pants ;) Eat only until your hunger pangs are gone, and you will be satisfyed.
Where do you live that Norfolk or DC are the closest comissaries?? How far are you from Fort Eustis?? You know you can use Army facilities as well right??? We took our puppy for a welk tonight instead of hitting the gym, but we both worked up a sweat so hopefully it did just as well as hitting the gym. Hubby has a PT test in the morning, wish him luck!!!! I will catch up in the am...TGIF!!! Lova ya'll!! Thanks for being so supportive!

ssgtswife33
08-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Good Evening ladies!! Well, I'm in PST so by the time you read this, you will probably be in bed. *lol* so... Good Morning whenever you wake up :)

Missy~ Good thinking on letting Ruth know about us. This is pretty kewl to be in a new area.

LittleLori~ I too miss the Commissary. I have lived on post in the past and have always went there. Now, it's a good 40-45 minute drive and it stinks. The only time I go there is when someone has a doc's appointment and we're going on post anyways.

Everyone stay strong and motivated!!! :flow1:

missyb4ever
08-25-2006, 07:27 AM
TGIF LADIES!!!

Grrr...Abbey, I know I know, it's not a plateau...but I've been stagnant this week and it's driving me crazy! I really want to lose 2 more lbs by the end of this month, but I'm not going to be stupid and not eat anything just to meet my goal...weight lost is weight lost, and since i've started dieting this time around, I've lost 9 lbs in a month, so that's way better than how I've done in the past...just a little frustrated!
So last night, DH tried to get me to do a push-up, and let me just say I am so ashamed at my lack of upper body strength. Here he is pushing out 55 pushups in 2 minutes, and I can't even push out 1!! So, it just ticked me off so now I'm really going to work on my upper body strength because it IS my goal to eventually be able to push out 20 pushups in a minute.
How about we share some of our goals, obviously we can all see how much everyone wants to lose, but there's gotta be something that you want to be able to accomplish hand in hand with losing weight. Good luck, and keep your butts in shape!

RRVMMM
08-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Anyone mind if I post here occasionally? My name is Robbin and I am married to a wonderful man that has been in the military for 18 years. We used to be full time regular Army but for the past 5 years my husband has been Full Time Army National Guard. I know when most people think of National Guard they think of weekend warriors but my husband is full time. We have been married for 15 years and have 4 kids ages 14, 12, 6 and 5. I have struggled with my weight most of my adult life. After child # 2 I ballooned up to a size 20 and when my 2nd child was around 4 or 5 I decided enough was enough and started loosing weight in 1 year I dropped to a size 10 and was soooo happy. 1 week after I hit my goal weight I found out I was pregnant with child # 3 and when he was 3 months old I was once again pregnant. Needless to say being pregnant for 2 years really packed on the weight and afterwards I was so depressed over my weight I just kept eating and have been for the past 5 years. In January I decided to start trying to drop and in March I got very serious about it and have lost 47 pounds since. I have over 50 to go to hit my first big goal and for the past month and a half things have been moving very slow. with only about 4 pounds lost. I seem to have a problem with making myself exercise. I have good intentions but by the time I have a few free minutes in the evening all I want to do is relax. My days are very busy so fitting in the exercise is hard but I really need to make myself do it. I work full time, my 3 youngest kids are boys and they all play football so evenings are filled with running them all to practice. My intentions are to go walking while they are practicing but I just cant seem to make myself.

Well that is enough about me. Hope you all have a good day.

ssgtswife33
08-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi Robin :wave: My name is Jenn. You are welcomed to drop in at anytime. The more, the merrier. Next month on the 28th, I will have been married 15 years too. My hubbs used to be in the National Guard along time ago (weekend warrior:)) but then he decided he wanted more and joined full time Army. He has been full time Army for 11+ years.

Sometimes to help motivate me and get me moving, I put some music on. Music definitely helps move me. Maybe the next time your boys are at practice, maybe take a cd player/ipod, etc.. with you and listen to some music while you walk. Music also helps relax me. Congrats on the weight that you have loss!! You have done a great job.

Wow.. I didn't realize the time. I have alot of running around to do. Everyone take care and Happy Friday to you all!!!!!

Mommyuv6
08-25-2006, 02:36 PM
I live in Virginia and I am in the process of losing 50Lbs. I have 6 children the youngest of which is 14mo. and was at CHKD for 6 weeks and that sent me into a depression...I chose July 26th to be the day I never looked back that I was going to do this since I am COMPLETLEY done having babies...so I would love to have someone do the same for me like did you work out today, what was your calorie intake...etc....I also am BIG into research so we could share information if you want...Good luck and let me know when you want to begine....Traci

missyb4ever
08-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Traci & Robin, WELCOME to our group!!! We are definately full of support...but like the name states, don't expect much sympathy when things aren't going well....support and encouragement, yes - but we won't sugar coat it and search for excuses, we'll find a way to fix it!! Traci, I'm in VA too...what part are you in? We're at Fort Eustis.

First of all, you've taken the 1st step in deciding to lose weight, and you've taken another step in seeking support...you can't do it alone, atleast not for long! We're all at different stages in life, and different stages in our weight loss trek, but we're all here for eachother, and there's a TON of knowledge floating around here, so pick our brains, we'll pick yours too I'm sure :)

Robin, as far as finding the motivation to walk while your kids are at practice...here's my suggestion. Which body part do you despise the most and wish was in better shape?? If I were you, while I'm sitting there watching practice, I'd look at that body part, and remind myself how badly I want to get into shape, and take advantage of the time you have, and get off your butt and walk!!! Like Jenn said, get an mp3 player, or something to getchyer groove on ;) What are your eating habits like?
Feel free to utilize the Private Message feature on this website too if you don't want certain questions aired out, or anything like that ,we respect privacy around here :)

As far as my day, UGH, was it ever a friday, and go figure, just as I think I'm going to sneak out half an hour early, the boss lady walks around the corner with a pile of last minute CRAP, and I mean CRAP I tell you for me to do....*sigh* needless to say I wound up leaving 10 minutes late...BUT - that's ok, because it's Friday, I'm happy, and I gotta hot date tonight with the DH :) I will hit the gym extra hard tomorrow since I'm not going tonight, not allowed to have 2 days off a week!! Where's Abbey been?? I haven't seen her lately...maybe she got lost?? Well ladies, I"ll check in tomorrow, in the mean time, KICK SOME BUTT!!!

married2asoldier
08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Hi Everyone :) I was so excited to find this thread. My name is Amber and my husband Daniel is Active Army. Daniel has been in for only three yrs. We are stationed out in Hawaii, but he is currently deployed. We just had our second child in June so I am a SAHM to Hailee a 2yr old Drama Queen and Kaleb who is 2 months old. I'm just trying to be healthier and lose some weight so I can keep up with these little monsters a little better. I've been walking everyday and doing my Tae Bo in the mornings.

RRVMMM
08-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey Amber we were stationed in Hawaii during 93 - 96. Have you got Island fever yet. LOL

n2luvnlife
08-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Amber, Traci, Robin - :wel3fc:

I got of 1/2 day today and went and got my hair hi-lighted. My hair is very thick and it takes them 4 hours to do a full. I work with all men, they couldn't believe I was taking 1/2 day from work to get my hair done and that it took that long. They were giving me a hard time. It is so expensive here to get hair done, when I lived in Norfolk, Va it was a whole lot cheaper.

Anyway.... I am waiting for my husband to come home so we can go have dinner. He is with a recruit so it will probably be later than I want. He works like 80 hours a week. When he was on the ship I saw him more. LOL

I drank all my water today, not working out today, but will go to gym tomorrow. I forgot to weigh myself this morning, I will weigh myself tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Chickadees, have a great Friday - and fabulous weekend.:carrot: :carrot: You ladies rock!!!!!

Ruthxxx
08-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Wow! This thread is long. I'll change it to Military Spouses Kicking Butt #1 as you may want to start a new thread weekly or monthly. PM me if you want this closed and start up a new one. Keeping the same title helps!

The "redirect" in the Buddy section will eventually expire so you might take a cruise through there once in a while to spot anybody who might like to join you.

married2asoldier
08-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Robbin... I have only lived out here for a year and I am so ready to get off the rock. Its beautiful but way to expensive and far far far away from home. We are originally from southern Indiana so it was a big change for us. We are planning on PCSing once daniel gets back from deployment.

Abbeycat36
08-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Heyyyyyy everybody!

Yay we got our own thread name now, cooolllllll! :D
I was looking for the thread under the old subject and could not find it! Sorry I left ya all, I was still kickin around, I've just been workin for a bit this week.

Now that we have our own thread, that's awesome!! Anyone who wants to jump in, feel free of course - male or female - it's not just for females.

I did not lose anything officially this week, I have been collecting water for the less fortunate. Today though, I lose 3.5 pounds from yesterday. Not going to change my ticker until next thursday, because I want to see it stay off first. As of today though Mr. Evil said I weighed 292.5 (aka "the scale")

Glad to see we're attracting some new people here too.. spread the word out if you see any others who might want to jump into the military family thread!

I did some yoga this week for the first time, did some outdoor walking, eliptical, treadmill, and ate for the most part, as I intended to. So regardless of the extra buckets of water I carried, it was still a positive week all in all :cool: Gotta stay positive, right? :dizzy:

~ Angie

ssgtswife33
08-26-2006, 01:39 AM
We always wanted to go to Hawaii... we heard it is so beautiful there but yet expensive.

:welcome: Amber, Traci, Robin

Ruthxxx
08-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Check out the new thread #2 here. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92353).
This one is closed now.