Old 08-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #1  
Mom23Boys

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello, new here

Hello everyone. I'm new here and just looking for a support group to go along with my OA meetings. I just started going and have almost 30 days abstinent. I am a stay at home Mom of 3 boys and my husband and I live on the family farm. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Molly
Mom23Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi, Molly! Welcome!
It's not terribly busy in here at present, but a few of us are hanging out.
Congratulations on your abstinence! That's a great achievement!
Do you go to actual meetings or to online meetings?
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #3  
Mom23Boys

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5'8"

I've actually been to 2 online and 3 or 4 physical meetings. I actually went to an online meeting tonight when I was having a terrible flood of emotions and needed someone to talk to. It's great having others out there just like me. I even sat down tonight and got honest with my husband about the range of emotions I was going through since I wasn't overeating anymore. As a matter of fact, a couple of weeks ago at a meeting they told me to get ready for it because when you stop eating to numb the feelings, your body will actually become flooded with emotions, and that is happening. I hope it is over soon, I do not like to have feelings of sadness, depression, no self worth, loneliness all at the same time. Anyway, thanks for listening.

Molly
Mom23Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Molly-
I'm so glad that you are here. I can totally relate to your flood of emotions. Since I stopped numbing my own feelings with food, alcohol, and blaming others, I've had to feel them. Feeling them hurts and gets downright ugly somedays. Thankfully I have the OA tools, my meeting, my sponsor, this forum, and God to ease and heal me.

Working the steps really helps too. The process has given me the freedom and ability to work through the feelings and get to the root. My marriage is better, I'm finally honest with myself and others, and my trust in God has never been greater.

I see you are in Nebraska. I was just there for the first time in May. I visited a friend in Omaha. It's beautiful.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote