Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 03:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/250/130

Height: 5'3

Default Body Fat Guide

Hi I am new here and this is my first post so forgive me if I ramble. I have been reading alot lately about weightloss and came across a book called Body Fat Guide. Supposedly the author claims that with his guidance you will not have loose skin with weightloss, he also claims that the loose skin is just stored body fat and that if you lose more body fat when you are at target weight the loose skin will tighten up. Has anyone read the book and if so does it work??? Well thanks for your time and I hope someone can give me some feedback on this.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/149/128

Height: 5'3"

Default I heard this theory-my opinion

and read the guy's web page a while ago, but I think it is a lot of bs. I lost 75 pounds in a year 4 years ago and had a lot of loose skin. It has taken a while, but if you are young-ish [I am early thirties] your skin will probably adjust whether you lose more weight past your target or not. My dermatologist told me there was nothing to do except wait and from my experience she was right. Building muscle helps. Maybe the guy is right that it would be hard for someone completely emaciated to have loose skin, but I don't think it is really very relevant to the average dieter whose goal is a healthy weight-just my opinion.

P.S. Hi, i am brand new too, i think I was the next person to join after you. Sorry to bump you from the "welcome to our newest member" message
Old 08-03-2006, 08:51 AM   #3  
it's always something

I agree, sounds like bs

I highly recommend Meg's very informative post on Loose Skin and Weight loss here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040
Old 08-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #4  
Meg

Ah yes, I've run across that guy before. He's a nutcase, pure and simple, and is only out to sell his ebook.

When my body fat % was the lowest - 12.5%, which is low for a woman - my skin problems were at their worst. The less fat filling up the skin = the more excess skin, which is the opposite of what he says.

My advice? Save your money!

Gillian, congratulations on your weight loss! Come and join us in the Maintainers Forum.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/250/130

Height: 5'3

Thanks everyone!!!! I think I will do what you adviced and save my money. Haven't found anyone to tell me yeah I tried that and it works, so I guess he is a nutcase!!!!
Closed Thread