Old 08-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 303/272/155

Height: 5'7"

Default First day of counting calories, head hunger already!

Dear heavens, I know I'm not starving (I just ate yogurt) but my mind is playing games on me! You'd think I'd only eaten a raisin today! My head hunger is saying I could eat my own hand off.

It's the first day and I know the first day, first week? is the worst! I've had almost 1400 calories today and I have plenty left for the day. My goal (according to fitday and several others I checked) is about 2500 calories a day. I'm at 272 now, have a regular exercise program, and getting a grip on my eating is the last thing I need to conquer.

I'd love a little encouragement to help me ride the flow!
Sadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

The first day of a diet is like the first day of school. Everything is new. New people, books, classes, school. At your old school you were comfortable. You had your old friends. Bread, ice cream, candy, and potato chips were always there for you. Now your new friends are carrots, yogurt, and salad y don't give you that same old warm feeling like your old friends. You just need to rethink your diet. Make friends with your new food. Don't think about how much you miss your old friends but how you are going to look and feel with your new friends. Eat often. I know that sounds odd but to keep from going on a binge, keep celery, carrots and the like at the ready. These are good for you and helps tide you over until the next meal. Also, do something you love that keeps your hands busy. I can't eat and sew. So mend something or whatever keeps your hands busy so you can't reach for something. Brush your teeth. No, your breath is fine. But have you noticed that food tastes funky just after you brush your teeth? Brush alot if necessary. Not only will you want to eat less, your Dentist will also be happy. I'm new to this site. I joined today, but I've dieted for life and I'm 57. I know how to lose but I lose my motivation. I'm 273 and I know where you are coming from. Hang in there. Your new veggie friends will help you graduate.
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/155/139

Height: 5'8" / Female

That was really wonderful advice.
determined2succeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/170/135

Height: 5'5

Hello!
Welcome aboard! I know the first few days will be rought. You start obsessing about what to eat and what not to eat. It's nuts. But it does get easier. Drink lots of water too. I find that eating a good breakfast helps. I used to eat just cereal and i was hungry in an hour. Oatmeal or peanut butter on whole grain toast helps keep me full longer. At night, i usually leave myself about 150 snack calories. It could be a Skinny Cow ice cream or fruit or a 100 calorie nabisco snack. Also, i've been trying to whiten my teeth so putting on one of those Crest White Strips makes me not want to eat afterwards. Best of luck! You can do it!!!!
189bgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I keep my mouth busy with sugar free candy...and drink lots of water...I really like the first day of school analogy.

You CAN do this!!! One day at a time...
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #6  
gea

You started! That is a very important step.

The first days are really difficult but it gets better.

There will be days when you feel sick of it but keep going. Take it meal by meal and if something goes wrong dont think you have ruined it, just get back on track at the next meal.

Best of luck.
gea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It's all right. Remember this ... it's all about eating less. It might take a few tries to get to your calories goal tidily each day but as long as you've started ... I'm sure you did eat less, right?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 191.4

Height: 5'5

Talking

Just think about this... if you don't stay within your limit today, you have to start all over again tomorrow. It will be more difficult today, so try and be strong.
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 303/272/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone! We lost power RIGHT after I posted this! I made it through the night, did my gym routine and had a sensible PORTIONED dinner! Yeah me! Thanks for the support and advice! Loved the school thought and I do want to be a graduate
Sadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #10  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Yay SADLER!!!!!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote