Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Pagan chick chat - August 2006

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is celebrating today! We're having friends over for a low-cal feast but will probably stay indoors in the a/c.

Anyone have any summer holiday plans?

Anything new and exciting to report?

We are supposed to be going to the Highland Games this Saturday depending on the weather.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #2  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

staying indoors sounds like a good idea to me ^_^. even though it's been raining all this week, it still feels icky out there.

Arg, I'm all by myself at the moment so I won't really be doing anything *pout* but it's all good. I'll spoil myself with a yummy.. (and healthy) soup and salad.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/202/120

Height: 5'4

Default Just keep Swimming

My wonderhubby is going away for the month. Our daughter is having a birthday but will be waiting till next month when Dad is back for her Party. Starting to add structure to our homeschooling, home cleaning, and self care.

I am new here and my first goes is not in pounds but habbits. I was to drink a lot more water. At least 64oz. After doing some reading and research I think water is one of my big issues.

I am thinking about trying Push.tv work out. Anyone have thoughts on it? I have a tread mil but it always seems harder then just getting out and walking, maybe because the mind has less to think about and focus on.

I need to find a diet still. Right now just trying to eat not horribly and record things on fitday to give me an idea of my eating habbits.

UU Church Chior starts up again this month, I am so thrilled I can not express it. I love my Tuesday nights with them. The kids go to a sitter to play in a near room, and I get to sing and chat and snack and drink a little wine with adults. ALL older then me, most are retired even and I adore them all. I am now hoever the youngest and near fattest chick in choir. my other chubby friend got a gastro last fall and is looking hot! I can not be the only fat chick in chior! But I might be if I do not move my butt already. I swear, I would have a gastro at this point if the Dr would let me, alas, he says I am not big enough. Humph.

I am enjoying my rambles here today, I hope I have not annoyed anyone too badly. LOL

Blessings,
Kontessa
Old 08-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #4  

Welcome Kontessa! (and to you again Sakai)

Getting rid of bad habits and developing better ones takes time and patience but it is worth it in the long run.

That's great that you are in a choir and enjoy it so much.

I haven't tried push t.v. yet myself.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/202/120

Height: 5'4

Default Ups and Downs

PUSH.tv pushed me! Just a very few parts did I find impossible, not more then 3 minutes out of the 30. I did all 30 and it did not feel as long as I feared it would. This month is going to be a great challege.

Most of the city here has been washed out and so no local circles this past week or next. We are thankfully ok. I am kind of happy to not have circle as food there is always hard on me and I do not think I am ready just yet.

Blessings,
Kontessa
Old 08-16-2006, 03:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 317/313/150

Hi all,

My pagan group is having a ritual on Saturday and I can't wait, the once a month rituals we hold are a great stress releaver and a great socialization with great friends.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 AM   #7  

Lindy - How was your ritual?

Kontessa - is there any way you can bring something lighter to the next circle? Maybe a light version of your usual fare?
Old 08-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #8  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

Oh my! it's been way too long...sorry ladies...I haven't been "off the wagon" per say, but I've had quite the winter/spring/summer...lots of drama...I didn't gain much of my weight back though and had been exercising fairly often...but I'm back now in full force!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:02 PM   #9  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

oh yeah, I also decided to start keeping track of what I eat...not necessarily calorie count or carb count (but I do keep a close eye on that)...just to know what I'm eating...and Friday night/Saturday I have off and can have some of the things I crave...

the new part is I'm trying a fast of only water, fruits and vegetables on Sunday...what do you guys think?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:31 PM   #10  

I've been looking through old posts and see that people have recommended some books before but what I want basically is an idiots guide to wicca which has all the basic points and thoughts about it, the simpler the better really as I don't really know anything about it at all.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:34 PM   #11  

I think there is a "Wicca For Dummies" book our there, really, I'm not kidding!
Closed Thread