Old 08-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 197.2/157.6/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm so glad that I found this site. I've already learned a few things that will be VERY helpful. I do have one question.....I went to WalMart today to look for the Super Omega Complex that is suppoed to be a substitute for the center's EFA. I couldn't find it. Does anyone have other suggestions? I picked up the One A Day Weight Smart for now.

Thanks for all the welcomes in roll call.

I'm sur eI'll be chatting with you all again soon. I'm off to eat my snack - I think I'll try the lemon bar this time.
Go Mommy Go! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #17  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Here's to a new month....I know it doesn't sound like much, but I think I'll set an August 31 goal for myself of 159...that means I've got to lose 6.6 pounds...that means I really gotta hit the gym since just eating right doesn't seem to have a lot of scale affect for me.

For all those that need it, I'd send you some Will Power Dust, but I can't figure out how to!!!

D'Ann and Startingovernow- welcome aboard and good luck
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #18  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joni--it may not sound like much to you but at your current weight it's a lot! I don't know how much you work out but starting was a killer for me because the scale went UP. Not to worry--it's worth it.

Barb--they are in the freezer til company comes next week--they'll eat'em!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #19  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Man, I have been cooking all afternoon. It is Mexican night at Biggest Loser tonight. I made fresh salsa with tomatoes, onions, garlic, cilantro, lime, and avacado. I also made carne asada and homemade fat free refried beans. Good thing I saved a starch. I hear there is all kinds of good stuff coming. At tonights weigh in someone will win the June pot. Wish I could say it was gonna be me, but I'll bet my cousin gets it again. Next month baby, next month!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Katie - Mexican sounds soooo good. I just demolished a bag of crackers.
Albeit low fat - I ate the whole bag
You chicks that can stay POP - I salute you!

I was hungry because I just trotted up the mountain - made it in 50 minutes today...yaaa.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hey Everybody!

It's been sooo hot here today. I spent as much time in my pool as I could. Ran to a couple of stores at a couple of different times to get a cold blast of air conditioning! Now I'm sweating again, but the bugs are coming out, so I don't want to be out there.

I'm with you all. New month, new me. I have got to get back into the routine again, and not let the bad food take over!!

Katie - congrats on your inches lost!! Here's some for you!!

Lindsey - having your own kitchen will make the program so much easier for you!

LOL - fear factor. I ran out of that. Instead, I have a million excuses of why the scales not moving right now!! Although, I do fear getting the manager of the COD. She always keeps me in there forever!

startingovernow & D'Ann- you're both gonna love it here. There's plenty of support & motivation, so ask away!!

to everyone else!!

Here's to a new month, New Everybody!!
and some for everybody!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #22  

Height: 5'6"

Katie, 27 inches is GREAT!!! WOW! :-)

Lori, I do the graph thing, too! I have an Excel spreadsheet with a page where I chart each WI, and a page for each Monday, and a page for each month on the 20th. (My job has turned me into a total Excel geek - sorry!)

I'm kind of happy (and embarrased!) to admit this but, as of today's WI, I now officially weigh less than my boyfriend! It has been a big goal for me, so I'm happy to be here. The next biggie is going to be ONEDERLAND!

Here's to a good August for all of us!! :-))))
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #23  

Hello ladies - I've been reading your messages for the last week or so after joining LAWL at the end of July. Ya'll are so encouraging to one another and this is such a great site. I have about 50 pounds to lose and the plan, so far, has been surprisingly easy. I'm a WW lifetime member, but I just can't do anything on that plan at the moment. I'm very hopeful that LAWL will be what I need.

Patty
JSMS135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #24  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Patty and glad you found us. I agree - this is a great find for anyone doing LAWL. I, too, am a WW lifetime member, but like someone told me when I first joined here...if you always do, what you always did, you'll always get what you always got so making a change was good for me. Last time I did WW, I lost about 9 pounds in 3 or 4 months. I had the WW points system down pat (e.g., 5 Bud Lights = 10 points!), but I was lacking nutrition and never really developed the good eating habits I've already picked up with LAWL after only 6 weeks.

Michelle - Onederland will be here before you know it...keep up the good work.

Katie - hope Biggest Loser night went well. I used to think your Biggest Loser night was amongst your family (husband, kids, etc.), but it sounds way more fun that that. I'm sure you'll report the results to us tomorrow and I'll be rooting for you for the August prize!

Quote:
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!” Dr. Seuss
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 325.4/259.2/229

Height: 5'11"

Happy August to all of you!
It's been over a month since I stopped in to read all your good stories and helpful hints. I went to center today and was up 4 lbs. She said it was because I wasn't eating?!? How does this work. Anyway, she suggested the slim down shakes if I was having a hard time getting everything in, I was wondering if you had any suggestions for a cheaper substitute as I have a hard time paying those prices for 4 shakes. Also, I have read that some of you substitute Luna bars for the lites, what about the Pria bars that are the carb selects? Are they anything I could use or are they too rich for our blood?
any way I have to keep in mind what you were saying earlier about looking at how much we have lost and put it in perspective. When you think of 5 lb bags of sugar and adding them up its kind of cool.
thanks for your inspirational hints and support. Paula
paulakaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #26  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Paulakaay I used to buy their shakes, but yesterday I went under www.slimfast.com and looked under their low carb shake, which is 190 Cal. 9 fat, 200 sodium, 8 carbs, 2 sugar & 20 protein. It is a lot lower in almost all things then LA Slim down, except they have 4 more in fat. I bought mine at Wal-Mart for $5.96 for a pack of four and they also have vanilla. I haven't tried them yet as I forgot to take them to work. I did also buy the Akins bars, but I wasn't impressed in them. I'm almost the last one to talk, but try and stay focused and look at the big picture. Good luck!
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning ladies! WI today (yikes)! I have been POP the past two days, but I think with all of the hormonal fluctuations last week, the 2 lbs on Monday was a gift. I am expecting a gain today as my body adjusts to normal hydration levels (TMI... had to use a little store bought help to get things moving after the steroids which left me dehydrated for Monday's WI) ... but then I think everything will be normal from here.

Sending the willpower dust to everyone who needs it!

Katie - Congrats on the inches. That's so awesome! And your cooking post left me craving mexican!

Paula - You can use the slim fast optima shakes for the slim downs. As for bars, try Luna, Kashi Crunchy, Pria Complete.

Michelle - Keep going -- onederland will be here soon!

Joni - Congrats on the 10 pounds. Keep up the good work.

Patty - Welcome!

Sznn - Your time is getting awesome!

Sherry, Barbara. D'ann, HeatherPP, HeatherCP, Britt, Julie, Evette and anyone else I missed - Good morning!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:32 AM   #28  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone!! I'm here, but have so many things going on right now. Many things going on with family. My brother just found out that he needs surgery because his bladder is shot! (stressing over that one) He's has have to have this surgery called the "indiana pouch" performed or else he's gonna be on kidney dialysis. So, we're all stressing out. To top that off, just yesterday he found out that a company that he's never heard of, "Netspend" took out a total of $1998.95 on his Visa debit card!! He went to the bank yesterday to clear this up and as he was sitting there talking to the credit counselor another $1990.95 was taken out. OMG! Drama!!

I just want to say "hello" to you all. I miss you guys. I'm doing well.....still here at 157. I'll be checking in once in a while, but I wish all of you POP days. Take Care!

Last edited by winkie03; 08-02-2006 at 11:08 AM.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:43 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Michelle - Congrats on your loss! You will be in onederland before you know it!

Patty - Glad you found us here.

Cassi - at WI today.

Well, ladies, I have a class this morning, then off to WI. I will check back later.

Hope everyone has a great POP day today.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:42 AM   #30  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Morning all-

Evette--hope everything works out for your brother--he has too many things going at once--poor guy. He is lucky to have such a supportive family. Surely his debit card company will straighten this out for him.

Katie--keep us posted on biggest loser night. Mexican is my pitfall--yum.

Sznn--way to go on the hike--it's just keeps getting faster. What's your goal again?

Sherry--I bet you are tan, tan, tan! We are having fly problems and they are making us all crazy.

Michelle--congrats on your losses--hey--whatever motivation you need--we all understand. We have celebrated a lot moving into onederland and we'll be here to celebrate with you, too!

Patty--welcome--you'll do great--sometimes you might just need a change. We have a lot of former WW gals.

Joni--love the "if you always do...." quote--can I steal it for my classroom??

Paulakay--welcome back! looks like barbara already gave you great information.

Barb--good to see you.

Cassi--GL @ WI. I don't think we believe in TMI--we all have problems now and again. I swear the magnesium is working for me--daily. It may take a short while to get your body lined back out--nasty steroids.

Well, I hate to jinx myself but yesterday I finally broke back into the 150's--(barely) at 159.8, then this morning at 159.2--we'll see if I can hold on to it til WI tomorrow. I hope it's not from the blood loss--I think it was Deets that mentioned a long time ago about how much a pint weighed. I was afraid I would be up because of the extra protein--I was proud that's all the extra I had--normally I would have made that an excuse to have more everything. Guess we'll see. It was just nice to see that my stupid scale isn't broken! Haha--I wish I had such an excuse.

enough for EVERYONE!!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote