Does it Work? - Home based business & diet pills *not* spam

GreatBigMonsterMomma
07-31-2006, 02:41 AM
This isn't spam, I promise. :) I know the title might make it sound that way. It's more an FYI.

In all my looking for ways to work from home, I somehow wound up on a mailing list for a little "magazine" (and I use the term loosely) for different business schemes.

And one thing I'm seeing a lot of is various weight loss products. A couple of pills, a patch, that one water product. And lemme tell you, the accompanying articles do not talk about how much weight you can lose, except in passing. What they talk about is how much money you can make selling these products to people.

So keep that in mind. These internet solicitations for pills and patches and water aren't to help you lose weight. They're to help someone else make money.

Meg
07-31-2006, 07:03 AM
Great post!!

Of course, I put my moderator hat on and came rushing over to get rid of the spam as soon as I read the title. :rofl: But you're absolutely right - they're NOT in it for our health!

GreatBigMonsterMomma
07-31-2006, 09:46 AM
Seriously, I think if people could see these ads that say "Make $2,000 your first week by selling XYZ diet pill" it might make an impression. I was kinda surprised to see so many; they seem to be overtaking the vending machines. :lol3:

Jayde
07-31-2006, 09:54 AM
Excellent post.

srmb60
07-31-2006, 09:54 AM
I watched a documentary, not long ago, about the weight loss industry. A quote that sticks in my head went something like this ..... a multibillion dollar industry that is successful because of it's failures.