View Full Version : Core Board #51

Katpo
07-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Brand new pages!

Now I'm wondering ... where is Froufy?

Froufy
07-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Here I am - was waiting for the nice clean pages to write on! :D:D

Sandra - BIG CONGRATS on your amazing loss - you go girl! Definitely leading the pack this time and we appreciate it!

Melissa - welcome back - hope you got all your errands and chores done!

Vickie - glad you got some pool time in - good for you! And I am so happy that the Lazyboy manager is taking your problem very seriously - I would expect nothing less - let us know when it arrives!

Kathy - sounds like you did great on your holiday and are back on track! I am very very impressed!

Angela - what a fun camping adventure - in the backyard - good idea - as now you know what you are dealing with. Hope your sinuses survived the mildewy tent.

So to catch up - friday night dh and I ended up going out to dinner w/the ds' (dd was out w/friends) to Red Lobster - while I was starving when I got there - I ordered the grilled shrimp skewers, baked potato and veggies - enjoyed my salad - but ate too many of those buns!

Saturday morning I had to go to synagogue - and barely made it there - took me too long to get ready! Then party time! Party was very successful - had about 12 people over - lots of fun. Ds loved his Cars theme cake with a Lightniing Mcqueen car on top of the cake - looked like a race way (and boy was everyone hesitant to eat that black 'asphalt' icing!).

I nibbled all afternoon - mostly veggies and fruit and dip - but yes my hand did meander into the chip bowl quite a bit too!!! And I very much enjoyed my piece of cake.

Dh and I went to a movie last night - and were very disciplined with no popcorn, pop - and just water - a new record for us! (altho dh did end up picking up a pizza on the way cuz he was starving!).

Almost forgot that TOM was just around the corner (remember I am now taking 3 cycles of bc pills - 63 days - so now get tom only every 3 months!). So while I feel a bit under the weather today - the eating frenzy is quite over!

Ended up going to sil's pool today (but first ran around with dd trying to find a bathing suit for her as she starts camp tomorrow - found swim shorts - but no luck with tankini!). Weather was glorious today - sunny with a lovely breeze - I got a bit of sun - then some swimming - altho I am not as good as Vickie - no 2 hours - and nothing vigorous but I did a few laps anyways.

Ended up having dinner there - steak, corn on the cob, pickles - all pretty core - except for the 1 chocolate chip cookie and milk I had before we left. Now doing laundry, preparing lunches for tomorrow and trying not to stress about work!

Did some cruise liquor shopping too - funny thing is my cruisemate - and I both (independently of each other and without knowledge) - went to the liquor store yesterday and both bought the SAME bottle/brand of gin to take with us (we have discovered a common fondness for gin and tonic w/limes!) - the only one that comes in a plastic bottle! - how funny is that? I also found the cutest single serving wines (comes in a teeny little four pack) that come in plastic bottles as well (screwtop) - very easy and light to pack! My dh is laughing hysterically as we are both very light drinkers but seems like we are turning into alcoholics? Did I forget to mention the daily drink specials as well? The martini of the day special every evening - the captain's welcome party and repeaters party both of which have free drinks all over the place? Like we need to bring anything on board? It's just part of the fun I guess?

Now that August is here - I also need to ramp up on my weight loss efforts! I really really need to lose some more weight before I travel! I keep envisiong that airline tray in front of me not being able to come down cuz my stomach is in the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frouf

ontarget
07-31-2006, 12:02 AM
vickie, i was chocolate hungry today, too. i made some of those 1 pt brownies. i ate 2 of them.

kathy, thanks for the pages.

thank you, frouf. this is shocking, isn't it? that cake sounds amazing. i love birthday cake. well, i love about everything that has sugar in it. what movie did you see? that's a great nsv for not eating/drinking at the movie. i'm happy for you.

guess i'd best call it an evening. i'll be back tomorrow. let's all keep on keepin' on.

Katpo
07-31-2006, 12:05 AM
Frouf, you must remind us when your cruise is. And have you submitted the appropriate paperwork to request time off from the Core Board? You will want to do that asap -- in triplicate, please.

I'm glad little DS had a good party and it sounds like you did quite well with the eating! I hope things have improved at home with the tension between Emily and the rest of you.

I have just finished all of the laundry (six loads today!), cleaned up the kitchen after dinner, made our lunches for tomorrow, and will go to bed soon, I hope.

Nighty night to all!

sauniemay
07-31-2006, 08:36 AM
Good morning,
The weekend was marvelous and now I've got to have a quick breakfast and go pick ds up at the airport. He's here for the pre-inspections and gets the keys tomorrow. BBL...

Vickie
07-31-2006, 09:41 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Here I am up and starving for breakfast already. I just realized that TOM is due.....not that it comes anymore. Funny thing is that I still have all the cravings and I seem to have all the other symptoms (hunger/bloat/crankiness) that come with it except for the actual TOM. I guess that's why I had to have chocolate last night and why the scale is up this morning. I'm proud that I only had a Core smoothie.

Jim has PT at noon. I'll be going to Target to buy a Batman plush doll for Ethan for his 3rd birthday. The party isn't until August 26th but I'm an early shopper. Plus, I'm afraid Target will sell out of them. For months now, every time he and my Niece go into Target he says he wants Batman and his "vewy own Weapster!". He couldn't be any cuter if he tried. The Niece already bought the Leapster so after I leave Target, I'm going to ToysRUs to buy him the Backyardigans leapster game. He loves the Backyardigans and it's a new game. I called ToysRUs and had them hold one for me until today. Then I'm done. I'll go to Dominicks for some fresh fruit afterwards and then go pick up Jim since he still isn't driving. All the fresh Illinois/Iowa/Michigan fruit has come in. Even when I'm not dieting, this is my favorite time of year.

I'm thinking about trying to use my vacuum sealer to save some fruit and corn in the freezer. I've never done it before. I'm assuming I have to blanch the corn (is it 2-3 minutes in boiling water and then a plunge in cold?). Someone here told me they freeze berries? Do I just wash them and freeze them when they are dry? I have a very cool vacuum sealer from QVC that will let me pulse the air out without crushing the fruit or corn.

Well, that's all that up with me. Now I'll go see what I missed with all of you.

Vickie
07-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Frouf, I'm SO glad the party was a great success! It doesn't sound like you were too bad and considering TOM you were not bad at all. Time to bear down now for your cruise. I certainly know what you mean about the tray table. Imagine how bad it is when you weigh 307 pounds and have most of your weight in the stomach! It really doesn't come down at all. I'm not travelling again until I'm down to about 225 or less. I think that's hysterical about you and your GF being on the same page. I hope that means your trip will be a huge fun success. What did Toronto GF ever decide to do?

Saundra, Welcome Home! We missed you and can't wait to hear about your weekend. It's hard to believe that DS gets the house tomorrow. How fun for you all!

Kathy, I did a lot of laundry yesterday too. I hope you got great rest and that you'll be really efficient today and all this week so that you don't have to work horrible hours.

Sandra, I don't remember the brownies. Were they from a mix? I could use the link for the recipe or for the site to buy them from. I'm craving something low point and chocolate.

Hey...I just realized we never heard from Niki. I guess the party completely wore her out!

I'm off to post on the menu thread.

Vickie
07-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Oh Yeah, and I'll be jumping in the pool as soon as we come home from errands. I'll be in there until it's time for me to go drive for dinner. I'll let Jim go in and get it so I don't have to show my pool hair!

aghiowa
07-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Vickie, we freeze corn. I have to tell you, we tried freezing it on and off the cob last year, and the corn ON the cob did not work out well. It ended up quite squishy. This is how we do it. We buy bushels and bushels from the roadside stands when it's at it's best. Then we shuck it all, and then have several large pots of boiling water. We boil the ears for about 7-10 minutes I think, just enough to lightly cook it. Then we cool them off in icy water and when they're cool, we cut the corn off the cob. Then we scoop that into freezer bags, label, and toss in the freezer. It tastes great in January! :)

I am running alongside the wagon today. I'm working on portion control and good choices first, and then trying to go Core once I have that under control. I'm still not feeling all that great.

Time for me to vacuum...later!
Angela

septembersgoal
07-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Hey gals! Don't have much time to catch up, but just wanted to say hi. I'm trying to avoid doing much work here today but I at least need to look busy. ;)

Vickie, have fun in the pool today!
Kathy, I can't imagine not eating meat, but I sure do appreciate your values regarding the decision.
Sandra, yes, you can use a check. I don't mean to make anyone feel like they have to buy stuff from me! But of course if anyone wants to I wont' object. :rofl: I hope you're having a good day.
Frouf, glad to hear that the party went well, and that your eating is going well too!!

OK I better run. Happy first day of August everyone!

Froufy
07-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Well maybe I should have just stayed home? I hate Mondays!

Had to take dd to her camp/leadership training this morning - well trying to get her out of the house on time is a feat in itself - and of course I had a 9 am meeting to get to so I was quite frantic and screeching to say the least. Finally dropped her off around 8:35 am - zoomed like a maniac to work - only to find out I was not longer needed at the meeting (which was changed to another building!) - ya that's how my day started!

Then problem and mistake after mistake! Now trying to figure out our airline tickets (so where do I send my core board leave forms? :D:D in triplicate?) as we may change our departure - well now it seems our flight leaves a bit later - arriving Chicago at 1:40 with a connection at 2:15 pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think this is reasonable? (Vickie - tell me I'm wrong!) - if anything goes wrong - we are basically stuck there for a while? (and we were already freaking out about our luggage getting lost). I know there is another flight out at 3:40 pm but that only gets us into Miami at 8 pm (instead of 6:30) which messes up our plans a bit - and makes for a VERY LATE DINNER! (we are so looking forward to eating at Bubba Gumps!). Have a call into the travel agent to confirm (meanwhile while checking all prices it seems the flight costs have DECREASED - how upsetting is that? Of course we probably can't cancel and rebook - too bad cuz we could save about $80 apiece!).

I am hungry - brought some frozen soup from my freezer but frankly want to get out of here - very emotional and cranky due to TOM - so I shall go to the nearest mall - maybe have a subway sandwich and shop around a bit? Have to be back for 1:30 meeting!!!!

Later,

Frouf

sauniemay
07-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Holy crow, after just three days, it's so hard to keep up.

Sandra, CONGRATULATIONS on the wonderful loss. I can see your smile from ear to ear and it is much deserved. You are a true WW model. Oh, I saw lots of humming birds at the resort, and immediately thought of you.:)

Frouf, so glad that the party went well. Now, you have the cruise to focus on, what fun. I can't stand the humidity here today. I'm sure that it's not helping your mood.

Vickie, so glad that you're enjoying the pool. We really swam a lot on the weekend. The pool is situated on the top of a hill, overlooking a beautiful lake with a mountain across. We couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful. Congrats on the core smoothie, good for you! We are excited about the kids' move here, but it will be hectic for a while.

Kathy, doesn't take long to get back to the routine. You did great on your eating, that must feel good. I went off for the few days, but not crazy. I'm confident that I'll be down in a couple of days. (1.5 pounds) I made a batch of banana baked oatmeal already.

Melissa, you're such a sweetie. I love to hear your enthusiasm. I know that you'll be a great rep for PC. Have fun looking busy today.;)

The resort was absolutely beautiful. Our room was a suite with a huge king bedroom. We swam, went out on a kayak, a paddle boat and a pontoon. We went to the village across the lake twice. I bought a cool pair of jeans (size small) and a couple ot T's for the kids. We also saw a cool Latin group Saturday night. Next time, we book three nights.

Time to get ready for massage, and then the kid takes my car. Have a great day...:)

Ms. Sassy
07-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi girls! I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I'm still plugging away. I know I haven't talked much but I don't want to butt into your conversations so I've just been lurking more. It's so nice to see the camraderie that you girls have, though. :)

I didn't weigh in last week (Mon) because I was out of town with my friends so I allowed myself to not be completely restricted, which of course brought with it baby shower foods, cake and Papa John's for dinner. It was SOOOO good and so worth it that I'm not guilting myself for allowing a day and a half of some unnatural foods. I deserve that every once in a while!

Anyhoo, I was back on track this past week and since my Wednesday dr. appt. (when I was at the same weight as the weigh the week before), I've lost 2.6 pounds! yay! That's 5.8 for my 3 weeks on Core so far! I so hope this loss, even if not as big, continues!

Thanks for helping me stay motivated!

Katpo
07-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey, no fair!! Come back!! We want you to join in ... there's no such thing as butting in with us because everyone's welcome! Congratulations on your loss and also on that VERY GOOD philosophy of treating yourself. I agree that there's no need to feel guilty about it at all!

ontarget
07-31-2006, 05:59 PM
vickie, here's the website for the brownies. i don't have any more carb monitor brownie mixes so i'm using the lowest pt ones i can find. you may be able to find some rf brownie mixes in your area. we don't have them here. the original recipe i got didn't call for carb monitor. that was just me using them. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49333&page=5

angela, sounds like you have a good plan. i can see you running alongside the wagon.

melissa, we'll give you an academy award. i got tickled at you're looking busy at work. makes me smile.

frouf, i hope you get your airline times that you want and have no glitches or lost luggage. i love bubba gumps. now i'm hungry.

thank you, saundra. i'm still working the plan and planning to work. you and bernie had a great time. i'm glad you had some hummers. aren't they neat?

congratulations on that great loss. that's impressive.

i go to w a in about an hour. i'm soooo ready for it. have a great, all.

Katpo
07-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Sandra, you sound so chipper! Enjoy your w a tonight!

Does anyone remember the discussion we had about Terra Chips? Don't you think these would be considered Core as long as I stick to one serving? It's absolutely nothing except sweet potatoes, canola oil and sunflower oil, and both are probably minimal. You can put a chip on a piece of paper and not get an oily spot.

http://www.terrachips.com/products/product/1188.php

ontarget
07-31-2006, 06:13 PM
kathy, i looked them up in cfc. they don't have a check by them and are listed as 4 pts. maybe they could be listed as "core enuf."

i am in an extremely good mood today--and it's monday!! guess it's the cooler weather.

sauniemay
07-31-2006, 06:14 PM
They sound and look good Kathy, but I'd count the points.:)

Katpo
07-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Well then NEVERMIND! They are definitely not worth 4 points. I will make them myself out of thinly sliced sweet potatoes (which is really all they are anyway) and spray them with Pam. I've made them before and they turned out very well.

sauniemay
07-31-2006, 07:00 PM
I think that's a great idea! I just might make some for Bern tonight.:)

sauniemay
07-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Patti, I forgot to mention, I used the McCormick's red pepper seasoning for roasted potatoes, and they were oh so goood!

Vickie
07-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Well I'm in from my second swim of the day. This time I was out there for an hour and 15 minutes. That's a total of 3 hours and 15 minutes. I wasn't exercising the whole time but I was for a lot of it. Problem is that it makes me very hungry.

I'm off to wash the chlorine out of my hair so that I don't turn green. Then I have to write some bills and work on my August budget. Then bed and start all over again tomorrow.

I hope you are all well since I don't have time to catch up right now.

ontarget
07-31-2006, 09:54 PM
i'm home from w a. vickie, i know what you mean about water making you hungry. we just finished dinner. i haven't had my killer brownies yet. i'm thinking i'll just have one with some grapes later on. i'll have to eat before too long, though, cuz i'm trying not to eat very late.

Katpo
07-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Lordy! I just got done with taking a bath and doing my laundry folding, dishwasher emptying, kitchen cleaning chores. I didn't get home from work until nearly 8:00. Fortunately, Judd had a frozen dinner at lunch so he just wanted a PB sandwich tonight, Erin had a pizza, and Shaun had eaten late afternoon so he wasn't hungry. I'm skipping because I'm just too darn tired.

Tomorrow is August 1! It's a great time to re-commit because you know we'll all be doing something for Labor Day and might as well go into that weekend a few pounds lighter!

septembersgoal
07-31-2006, 11:37 PM
Kathy you need a break! :D

Sandra, you are chipper today! I hope that you had fun at wa tonight. I was thinking about you when I was swimming in the lake yesterday. :)

Vickie, and you've gotten a ton of exercise today too! It's going to pay off for you, too.

Saundra, I hope that all goes well and smooth for you son. How exciting to have them close to you!

Frouf, I hope that everything works out with your flights. I got confused just reading about your plans. :lol:

Tammy, :bravo: on your loss! And please, just jump right in with us. We just ramble about everything there is to ramble about! :)

I'm off to get ready for bed. Good night gals!

ontarget
08-01-2006, 01:23 AM
melissa, i had a lucy moment in the pool tonight. i was wearing a different swimsuit. i almost popped out of the top. when i went to "readjust" body parts, i slipped under just a sec and swallowed some water. i got to coughing and coughing. the instructor came over to see if i was all right. i was just embarassed. no one saw the girls. luckily they never popped out.

kathy, tomorrow is a great day for a new monthly challenge. thank you for posting it for us.

sauniemay
08-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Good Morning!

7:30 and I'm ready to hit the shower. I'm doing a day shift today and then a meeting at 6:30. This will happen for 2 weeks as I'm helping someone out. Then, it's just Tuesday days, which is enough for me.

It's great to see that we have water babies in our group. DS was a life guard, so just maybe they'll consider puting in a pool??? Wouldn't that be sweet?

Okay, I hope you all have a wonderful OP day......:)

Katpo
08-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Good morning, all! Happy August 1!

I've been at work for a while but need to get busy. Just thought I'd check in quickly to say hello.

septembersgoal
08-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Happy 1st of August! :beach: It's sweltering here! :faint:

Vickie
08-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Good Morning Chicks! It's going to be 100 here today and 95 tomorrow with heat indexes of 115 and 110 which is dangerous. Great pool weather though. I think I drank 12 eight ounce glasses of water yesterday. I even drank water in the pool because I was SO hot.

My scale is still up a bit from TOM like symptoms. I'm not concerned though because I'm eating right and getting some exercise. I've just been so hungry. Last night I really wanted popcorn about 10:00 but managed to go to bed without eating any.

Jim has PT today and I'm going to run to Sam's and Walmart while he is there. I'll have to really hurry though because I'll have to come home after Sam's to put stuff in the refrigerator before I can go to Walmart. It's so hot here that it's hard to keep going in and out of the air conditioning. At least Walmart is 2 minutes from his PT. I only need a couple of things from there. Good thing too since I've been spending tons of money lately and I must stop spending on non-essential items. As Sandra said, those doctor/hospital bills are rolling in. They're high and we have good health insurance. I really feel sorry for people who have no or poor healt insurance. We are thankful to have good coverage.

Kathy, I don't know how you deal with the extreme heat for so much of the year. I couldn't do it.

Anywhoooo.....I can eat breakfast now. I slept until 8:45. I told Jim we need to go to bed earlier since I don't like sleeping so late. I did get 9 hours of sleep. I feel pretty darned rested.

Vickie
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Frouf, I do NOT think you can land at O'Hare at 1:40 (if you actually land then) and make a 2:15 connection. They would have to be at adjoining gates which rarely happens. And how could they get your luggage over there fast enough? The 2:15 flight would probably start to board about the time you land.

Saundra, wouldn't it be great if your DS put in a pool! You could swim during the day when everyone else is at work. Your trip sounds absolutely delightful. Maybe I should look for things nearby where Jim and I could go for a short while. We really need to get away. I've never had a massage. I hope yours was wonderfully relaxing. Oh BTW, congratulations on those SMALL jeans! Don't work too hard today.

Tammy, jump right in! None of us knew each other before we came to these boards. You'll be like one of our old friends in no time. We want to hear about your life and experiences as you struggle/succeed with Core. We really do get encouraged by Newbies. Look how excited Sandra's success is making us. Your 3 week loss is fantastic! :carrot: Keep up the great work. Why don't you tell us how you are doing it. Maybe we all could use some new ideas. Or even if you don't want to chat maybe you could post your menus. You are OBVIOUSLY doing something right!

Sandra, thanks for the link to the brownie recipe. Reading the recipe, it's hard to imagine that they taste good. I'm willing to take a chance though. I'll look around the next shopping trip. I don't have all bran cereal around either. I'm not sure what kind of brownie mixes are out there. I know I tried No Pudge one time and didn't like it at all. I'm loving my water aerobics too. I should google some water exercises. How are the girls?

Kathy, you work too hard. Life is too short GF! Did you make those chips for yourself? Now there is something that I wouldn't be able to stop eating. If I know you though, you'd eat 2 and stop. How's your project coming?

Melissa, you sound busy but happy. I think Pampered chef will be good for you.

Ok..off to eat breakfast and shower to get ready for errands and appointments.

Katpo
08-01-2006, 01:22 PM
My project is ongoing -- actually it's just bits and pieces of the overall contract. I enjoy the work and if I have plenty of it, don't mind being here 50-55 hours a week.

The heat is a killer, I tell you. We have 106-107-108 and up every summer so this is really no big whoop to us. I guess you get used to it because I've lived in Texas all my life.

Finally our Walmart (the big one, not Neighborhood Market) has Kraft Free Mozzarella. I am so glad because I was having to make a special trip to Albertson's (Jewel to you) when I wanted it. And since that was all I bought there, it was a big pain.

Back to work...

Froufy
08-01-2006, 04:30 PM
So Kathy - someone told me on the weekend that in Texas your vents for a/c are on the ceiling? Is that true? Of course we all know hot air rises. Our heating/ac vents are on the floor - and in the summer we go into our (finished) basement (where big ds 'lives') and actually tape up the vents cuz it gets super cold down there! (of course chilly in the winter too despite the heating). Hope you can stay in and cool off - we are having SUPREME hot and humid weather today - probably over 40 degrees celsius with the humidity - which is over 100 as well! YIKES! (told dh not to let little ds out to bike today - he would just expire!).

Vickie - I am very proud of your pool exercising - I know it will pay off for you! Keep up the good work!

As for the O'hare connection - yes that was depressing news - I kinda figured we wouldn't make it - but the ever hopeful frouf in me wants to try! Travel agent said we could go ahead and change to the 3:40 pm flight (which we have a better chance of making!)...and I sure hope the airport can keep me busy for a couple of hours? :D:D....but that means we don't get into Miami til 7:45 pm - (instead of 6:30) - so by the time we get our luggage and cab over to the hotel it will be at least 8:30 or later - then check in drop off bags and run like maniacs across the street to eat dinner and maybe do a bit of shopping (stores close at 10 pm!). Not ideal of course but doable? Who knows flight times could even change again before we leave!

Saundra - glad you had a nice weekend - I am dreaming of going to Tremblant this long weekend - but too much to do around the house in prep for my brother's visit next week - I am off of work next week too!

A 'pool' in the family would be awfully nice - so is it a pool sized lot? How's the new house? Did they manage to sell the old one yet?

Busy/crazy day at work again - just can't keep my head from spinning - need to relax and calm down! Did not go to the gym after work yesterday - too much yapping- so I didn't leave til 6 pm - too late - needed to get groceries and get home for dinner! Yes I ate everything in sight as still TOM issues - and no dinner prepared (which is my downfall) - and I even inhaled two of those 100 calorie Thins chocolate bars (mint chip - very good!).

At least we have some steaks prepped for tonight - and I am going to the gym. What I am NOT looking forward to is more bathing suit shopping with dd - needs a suit BY TOMORROW - and she is so picky - and there is not much left - it will be quite a challenge - so after gym and dinner we shall head out to the mall!

Wish me luck!

Frouf

Katpo
08-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Yes, a/c vents are in the ceiling. All of the duct work and usually the a/c unit itself too are in the attic. Since we have no basements here due to the type of soil, and the fact that the ground shifts and cracks open in the summer, there's no place to go. Most everyone has ceiling fans in each room though. We manage to stay cool (while paying $400-500 per month for electricity!).

Good luck on finding her a swimsuit!

ontarget
08-01-2006, 04:52 PM
i was going to costco this afternoon but it's looking like i'll be here waiting on the phone to ring. oh, well. i will go to w a this evening.

saundra, that would be great if ds put in a pool. you would love it, and the exercise would be fantastic.

kathy and melissa, i'm waving at you.

vickie, those medical bills are still coming. i'm trying to stay offline most of the day to wait on a call from our agent. thank goodness insurance pays well. there was an "oops" with one bill that we have to take care of. the place i had my mri and 2 cats done is on my insurance network, but they hadn't put the correct info into their computer before i had the tests. i'm hoping insurance will pay more.

vickie, the girls are fine. i'm wearing a tie around the neck suit today. hope it keeps them in check. when you make the brownies, be sure to use the "sit" times that are suggested. if you don't let the cereal soak in the water at least 5 min before adding the brownie mix, it doesn't blend in well and is yucky. also use the sit time for the baking powder so it can activate before baking. the brownies are good right after you bake them, but they are much much better the next day and the next and the next. be careful not to eat too many. also, drink plenty of fluid when you eat them.

frouf, a/c vents are in the ceilings in texas. the houses don't have basements. sometimes people will have a cellar out back but that's not common any more. it's a thing of the past mostly.

Katpo
08-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Insurance makes me crazy! :rollpin:

I've already paid about $800 out of pocket for my surgery (but the total was around $30,000 so THANK GOD for insurance when you need it!) ... except the other day I got a bill from the ambulance company for $500. The total was $750 -- by the time it was all sorted out and the ambulance people realized that they have a preferred provider agreement with Aetna, I owed $24. For what, you ask? Insurance wouldn't pay for the morphine shots and IV that they started in the ambulance so that they could take me straight into surgery when we arrived at the second hospital. It's not like I asked for a Coke and a Snickers, for heaven's sake! It was DRUGS and quite necessary at the time!! GRRRR!

Mattandgabbysmom
08-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Good evening ladies, sorry I haven't been on in a while, dh is on vacation this week and we have been doing alot of day trips with the kids and he gets a little cranky if I spend more time on the computer than with him (wawa) :D

I will catch up with everyones posts and tell you about dd's party, it was alot of fun.

Katpo
08-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Hey, Niki! We were wondering about you!!

I'm finally home from work and just took my bath. Red potatoes and onions are broiling in the oven right now and the pinto beans are done. I'm just going to make myself a plate to take to work tomorrow for lunch. I'm hot and tired and cranky and think I'll go to bed early. It was a loooong day today -- although I only worked for 10 hours, it seems like much more. Tomorrow I'm getting there by 6:30 so I can get 11 in. If I can have my 40 by the end of Thursday, then all of Friday will go on next week and if I work Saturday, I should get my 50+ for next week. This week I got jacked up when the system went down Sunday. :(

Okay, off to check on dinner. I'll see you tomorrow!

Vickie
08-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm didn't get into the pool until 4:30 because I had so many errands. I was in the pool until around 6:15 and got into the house to cook around 6:30. We just finished dinner. I'm about to go sit on the couch and watch the ball game. I'm afraid I won't be awake very long. I'll catch up with you all in the morning.

Have a great evening!

Froufy
08-01-2006, 11:15 PM
My poor aching feet - and headache - and of course cranky as any shopping trip with dd will make me! Got home from the gym at 6:30 pm - made and inhaled my supper - then off again at 7:30 to the mall!

First argument about bathing suit top #1 - seems she loves it - but it is not suitable for camp (needs to be somewhat conservative) but can she have it for her 'beach' bathing suit? so this is the first I have heard about a beach bathing suit - ya the one she is gonig to wear when she goes to the beach with her friends? What's this? Has she morphed into Gidget? Since when does she go to the beach? (and if you remember our city beaches on the river generally are closed due to high bacterial counts!) - ya like I"m letting you go into that water.

Oh and did I forget to mention that this beach bathing suit is missing the bottom? so need to have it priced and off she goes to find this non-matching bottom which she LOVES (and I hate - us froufs are matching maniacs!).

So now she's almost crying of course as I try to focus on the camp bathing suit - not the 'beach' bathing suit. Next stop bikini village - nothing there that she likes - they are all proclaimed to be 'ugly'!

Then to sport experts (more ugly ones there), then to Aqua - nothing there either - okay she likes one but it has a very ugly plastic thing/ring between the cups which just won't do!

Back to the Bay - found a black/white swirly tankini top - again those bottoms that she LOVES! But this time only one pair in her size - and there is a rip on the belt seam (yes I get an additional 10% off of the already half price piece).....she doesn't look happy - but under duress - and the store is CLOSING as it's 9 pm - we buy these two pieces.

Did I mention how I am now getting blisters on my feet and my feet are hot and puffy and I have a headache - ...and it's like 100 degress out? And now we need to find a open drugstore (the one in the mall is of course now closed)...so off we go to the late nght one cuz she has RUN OUT OF FOUNDATION!! God forbid - can't go to camp without all of our makeup on - and yes coincidentally also needs eyeliner, mascara, olay body ribbons, allergy medicine and sunscreen - and I get a bottle of flavored water - whoopee!

So I am home now - oh and I have already completed the sewing/fix on the bathing suit bottom - so maybe just maybe I can settle down and relax now? Is that even possible?

Frouf

Vickie
08-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Hey Chicks! It's 1:30 a.m. and I can't sleep. Went to bed, exhausted, at 10:30 and slept fitfully until 12:30. I laid in bed until 1:15 trying to go back to sleep to no avail. I think it's partially hormonal and partially my shoulder. I've been doing some healthy lifting (or unhealthy lifting) the past couple of weeks and I think I strained something in my shoulder. I was at Sam's yesterday buying bottled water. I think it's a case of 24 or 30 24 ounce bottles. It was really heavy. So...I'm sitting here with Jim's ice bag on my shoulder (the same shoulder as his sore one). I don't want to take any ibuprofen. I generally don't take anything but tylenol because of my very sensitive stomach. I'm hoping that the ice works. Sigh.

The good news is that I can go check up on all of you!

Vickie
08-02-2006, 03:59 AM
Kathy, I've never been able to try the Kraft FF cheeses. No one has them here. All I can get is the Albertson's/Jewel brand. They're ok but I'd love to try the Kraft someday. I don't have a Super Walmart yet. They're working on it. I can't wait to grocery shop there. All I can buy there now are some staples. I just got SF/FF instant pudding for .62 yesterday. They only have a couple of flavors. I stocked up on chocolate fudge for Frosty smoothies. I did not know that people in Texas do not have basements. Pretty interesting stuff. It is rare here for people to NOT have basements. Jim's surgery is also going to be around $30,000, including the PT. We don't know how much he'll have to pay yet since the biggest of the bills is still pending. It will all depend how much the insurance company cuts back the bill since everyone/everything we used are preferred providers. Time will tell! In the meantime, we're trying to save money and not stress eat over it. BTW, thanks ALOT for beating those pesky Twins!

Frouf, our AC and heating vents are on the floor too. Our basement is warm in the winter and cold in the summer. I've tried and tried to get them to plug up what we are wasting down there to no avail. My basement is unfinished and just used for storage so I don't want to waste heating/cooling down there. With the size of O'Hare, you won't have much time to kill. There are many good restaurants/bars in the airport. It's not like some of the rinky dink ones that I've flown into. Keep me posted in the event that you really end up with a long delay. What day will you be flying in? Congrats on finally finding DD a bathing suit. Ours have been picked over for weeks. Obviously, she must be in a normal size or she wouldn't have had a prayer at this point. You really sound like you kept your cool! BTW, did you know that Wicked is at the Canon Theater in Toronto? I'm going to see it for the second time on September 2nd and I can't wait!

Sandra, I hope your insurance snafu gets cleared up. Thanks for the information about the instructions on the brownies. I pretty religiously follow recipes so I probably would have been ok. I am curious though. What happens if you eat too many? You can PM me if it's too gross!

Niki, I'd been asking about you. I'm glad all is well and I look forward to hearing about the party.

No Melissa, last night. Hope all is well.

I'll be back in a while to check to see if there are any other insomniacs here. Actually, I hope you are all happily in dreamland.

Vickie
08-02-2006, 06:25 AM
Yep, I'm still here....still awake. I've searched all over the internet to try to find a great baby's first christmas ornament. I found a couple that have potential. I've cleaned out some of my internet folders. Jim just got up to check on me and I sent him back to bed.

I forgot to tell you all my great news. GF has a match for her bone marrow transplant. It is from an umbilical cord. It's a 5 point out of 6 match. 4 points are acceptable. I'm very excited. Now we just have to wait for her to go through all the tests to make sure that she is physically able to have the transplant. I am very hopeful for her.

No PT for Jim today but Cassie has a Vet appointment this afternoon. She's having a follow up to see if her thyroid medicine is working. It's been 6 weeks already. My plan was to have an early lunch and swim for a while before having to get ready for Cassie's 3:30 appoinment. As it stands now, I'll probably be napping.

Vickie
08-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Angela, it looks like some heavy duty weather coming my way on I 80. Of course, it'll probably be in your neighborhood soon. How are you feeling? Are you on the wagon?

Vickie
08-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Yes....I'm still awake but I'm off now to go take Cassie out and feed her. I'm going to stop coming back here to talk to myself now!

sauniemay
08-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Vickie, we could have visited during the night. I got up around 1:30 and didn't get back to sleep until about 3:00. I think I've just got a little too much on my mind today.

Off for some coffee..............

septembersgoal
08-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Here I am! Good morning!
I've been reading but not posting....sorry about that. I spent all last evening doing stuff for PC. I watched a mock cooking show and listened to a training cd.
I'm not doing very well eating-wise. Why can't I get myself together? I'm not sure. But I do want to get some exercise in this week, so that's my goal.

Kathy, you work so much, I think I would pass out from exhaustion. I hope that you got some good rest last night.

Vickie, I'm so sorry that you didn't sleep well last night! You were up for a very long time. I hope that you are either resting or doing something fun. I'm sure there must be a nap in your future. :)

Frouf, the bathing suit drama!! I'm glad that it is over though. I hope that you got to rest after the big event last night. And that today is less crazy!

Sandra, hey girl. I hope there were no more incidences with the bathing suit. ;) It's bound to happen when you're doing all that exercise!! You're my exercise hero.

Saundra, I'm sorry that you didn't sleep well either. How's the house stuff going for your son?

OK I better get to working gals. I just wanted to catch up a little, at least. Did I mention that next week I'm on vacation? But don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I just won't be at this stressful office!!

Katpo
08-02-2006, 10:30 AM
BTW, thanks ALOT for beating those pesky Twins!
Ha! Did you see Monday night's score! What a beating we took! I guess it was payback for Sunday when we beat them 15-2 but for them to turn around on Monday and beat US 15-2 as well is crazy! I'm ready to get this series over with and go on to Anaheim.

I got my 5 hours of sleep last night so I guess I'm rested. Not really, that was heavy sarcasm in case you didn't notice.

It's going to be another long day but I'm alright with it. I have plenty to keep me busy.

And I am so LOVING this Arbonne! Holy smoke, you wouldn't think you could tell a big difference in just 3 days but I CAN and it's amazing! It is kinda pricey but I know it'll be worth it in the long run. Plus, you only use a few drops and so the bottles will last six months or so. To paraphrase Ferris Bueller: If you have the means, I highly recommend picking some up.

Froufy
08-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Good morning - from very hot/humid Ottawa (okay yesterday w/the humidex it was up to 47 degrees!!!!!!!!!! - today around 35!).....luckily my house/car and office are all air conditioned but I do worry about those that are stuck in this heat!

Vickie - so sorry you had a bad night? What exactly did you do to your shoulder? Is it feeling any better due to the icing?

Kathy - Given my experience of yesterday (up and about for over 12 hours) - I sure don't know how you put in those long hours - and sounds like you too could use some more sleep (and Saundra too?)

Melissa - glad to see you are 'in training' - good luck w/your exercise goals. I am also off next week - but freaking out a bit - due to database issues - may pop in on Tuesday if required (monday is a stat holiday in Ontario!!)

Niki - can't wait to hear about all the pirates and princesses at the party! At least sounds like everyone survived!

I woke up around 6 am for potty break - and already had the beginnings of a headache - took 2 advil and back to bed - back up at 7:15 still in pain so I took 1 es tylenol - and at work now and still a bit of pain??? Must be my TOM/hormonal headache - somewhat late (by the way TOM appeared for about 10 minutes or so? looked like it was starting and then it was over? Pretty cool really - not complaining!). Weight back down to 211.8 - and I am now working towards that 210.4 I had a peek at last week! Planning to go to gym again after work today!

Bathing suit drama - over - for now! Who's knows what's next on the 'list'! ha ha ha

Dh is a bit 'peeved' with me now as I am calling him a 'turtle' - he has been 'working' (if you can call it that) on our patio - all summer - and last summer and probably the summer before (when we had the hole professionally dug up - but he never moved his @#$# enuf to get the stones in so it all 'grew' in).

I guess the truth hurts - but he has had all summer to work on it - he is now into some sort of drawing and planning and measuring (never ask an engineer to make a patio and walkway!) - but nothing is HAPPENING. My brother and sil are coming next week (9th) and he has had 3 weeks 'warning' that is would be REALLY REALLY NICE to have the patio and bbq set up for when they get here. Yet nothing much (except some well drawn computer plans) are evident. Our patio furniture is here (in the garage) waiting!

So I told him at this point to put the project on hold - No I don't want him to order a pile of gravel (we still have a big pile of dirt on our driveway since April 21st when he was doing lawn work!) and start cuz no way is he going to be able to complete it by the time they arrive - and I don't want a big half-dug muddy hole in the backyard and gravel everywhere!!!

Told him to work on getting the natural gas connection so we can go out and at least buy the bbq, put out the patio set (yes on the GRASS!) and at least be able to entertain outdoors if we want to! So I know he was a bit hurt - I did try to be kind - but reality is - he is a slow mover and has trouble completing projects - let alone completing them on time! And despite all of this it is way too hot to be outside digging anyways - there was no 'allowance' in the plan for weather issues either!

Okay - finished my 'patio vent'!

Trying to stay calm and relaxed today - esp with my background headache (I am actually sitting in my office w/lights off - only one overhead bin light on cuz the light makes my headache feel worse! :()

Frouf

sauniemay
08-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Okay, now it's my turn to vent!!

The house was left aboslutely filthy. These people had a zoo with cats and dogs, and the carpet and floors sure showed it. Steve went back to Kitchener last night and this morning, I went over and "did" the kitchen. I took out everything from the fridge and had the cooktop shining. Here, I hire someone for this place, and I was "Molly Maid". The carpet cleaners are there now, and they reassured me that they've seen a lot worse. I've never seen so many fur balls!

The movers will pick up their stuff Thursday afternoon, and everyone arrives here on Friday. They are very excited, and Kelly was so pleased at her "clean" kitchen.

Time to go and shower, bbl....

ontarget
08-02-2006, 12:47 PM
vickie, if you eat too many brownies, you'll have a tremendous amount of gas and stomach cramps. i ate 7 one time. (moderation has never been easy for me.) i try to limit to 2 now. curtis just eats one a day when i bake them. his stomach is more sensitive than mine. they are loaded with fiber. they can be very beneficial. (you know what i mean.)

i had trouble sleeping last night, too. i finally fell asleep around 1 or so. this am i had a hard time waking. i didn't take anything to help me sleep. i guess i was just sleeping hard.

melissa, you honor me, girlfriend. i am now a hero? ahhhhhhh, it's hard to be humble. seriously, the new tankini i wore last night worked beautifully. it tied around the neck, so i anchored the girls. what kind of exercise are you planning to do this week? any vacation plans?

kathy, what is it you're taking?

saundra, that place sounds pretty dirty. did ya'll spray for fleas? there may have been some that laid eggs.

frouf, so much drama. is your headache better? i hope so. glad the bathing suit issue is settled. just keep thinking about your upcoming cruise.

got to go for now. we have errands to run and a doctor's appt to make. have a good day, all.

Katpo
08-02-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm not taking anything. It's skin care products:

https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=385&menuId=69&withLinks=1

ontarget
08-02-2006, 01:43 PM
oh. thanks. i was confused. i like your little relaxing smiley by your signature. it's cute.

ontarget
08-02-2006, 01:53 PM
i just saw suzanne's announcement about august weightloss. that's a good idea. let's do it.

Vickie
08-02-2006, 06:01 PM
I had breakfast, lunch, and a great swim with tons of exercise. I stayed on program and I've already had 7 eight ounce glasses of water. I'm showered and smell great and I'm back from taking Cassie for her follow up Vet appointment. Jim and I are on our way to have a nice early dinner. Then we are going to snuggle up and watch TV. We are supposed to have storms tonight.

I slept for a couple of hours. My shoulder is still hurting and I'm tired. I'll be asleep on the couch in no time tonight.

I hope you're all having great Core days. Despite the little annoyances....life is good!

ontarget
08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
vickie, you're having a great day. you sound like our vickie exercising out in your pool. this is great. have a good evening. enjoy some tv. i'll be going to w a in about 15 minutes. tonight we'll watch so you think you can dance.

p.a.
08-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Evening chicks,
Im going to try and post pics of my pond here...wish me luck..haha

p.a.
08-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Ok Im lost...can anyone help?? I went to post a new thread...went to the bottom of the page and went to manage attachments. Then I browsed my pc and found the pics I want, uploaded one . Is something supposed to come up on my screen? It showed the green bar on the bottom with the ticks and when it was full ..I waited and waited. (I think, maybe I didnt wait long enough) but what is supposed to happen then..

ontarget
08-02-2006, 09:43 PM
patti, i post mine using picturetrail.com. i don't know how to post them directly from the puters.

Katpo
08-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Patti, if your picture is saved to your hard drive, you should be able to do the manage attachments, then browse, then find it and say attach and then it will do it.

Have you saved your picture as a .jpg or one of the other allowable formats? Maybe that's the problem. And if you use Picture Trail, you can also get the URL and then just paste it directly into a post without going thru the attachment process.

You would do this: (without the spaces)

[ img ] whatever the URL is [ /img ]

Katpo
08-02-2006, 10:13 PM
I just finished making Judd's dinner (Morningstar Farms Italian Sausage and sauerkraut), and am about to make Erin's dinner so it'll be waiting when she comes home (fried chicken, mashed potatoes and corn). I'm wiped out.

I'm hoping to get to sleep by 11 because I have to be back at work by 6. AARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! And all I want is those 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep -- without Judd seeing bears or terrorists or burglars or sinkholes during the night!

sauniemay
08-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Just got home from a really good dinner out, baked salmon with digon mustard, delicious. Oh, and the appetizer was prawn with avacodo and greens.

Sounds like everyone had a good day. I worked hard, but was glad to see how good the place looks. I brought Bernie there tonight, and he was really impressed. I don't do bathrooms though.

Tomorrow, I'm working the day shift, and I'm going back to the house after that. I'm going to do the hardwood flloors with a spray that I found at Walmart. There is also a special applicator with a micrfoibre cloth.

Okay, guys, time to veg and fall asleep on the couch like my "special" friends...

Katpo
08-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Enjoy your evening, Saundra. I'm glad the kids' house is coming together and they'll soon be right near you.

I have finished my loooong nighttime face ritual and cleaned up the kitchen. There is one load of laundry left to do, and need to get my work clothes ready, but at least Erin's dinner is waiting for her. The only other thing I have to do tonight is find a domain name and buy/build a website for the SILs so we can keep track of our weight loss challenge. Emersonfamily.com is taken but I'm checking on a few others; then will build a website so that each of the three families can post updates for the others. We all talked about it while in Colorado Springs.

p.a.
08-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks Kathy and Sandra....I guess I have to be more patient Kathy, I did upload them but didnt see anything about *attaching* them. Ill try again tomorrow ...

septembersgoal
08-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Hey gals! I hope that you've all had a great night. Been busy with church and then went out with some friends. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow! :D

Katpo
08-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Good morning, all! I'm taking a little break from my work to check -- but there's nothing to check! I did manage to get all 6 hours of sleep except for waking up once at about 4:30 but since it was nearly time to get up anyway, it's no big deal.

I guess I'll go start a menu thread and then get back to the grind.

ontarget
08-03-2006, 12:04 PM
good morning. we're up and running sprinklers. we'll be packing the rv later today for a trip to northwestern montana for an archery tournament. should be fun.

not much activity here, is there? i guess everyone's busy. summer is a busy time of year, isn't it?

we won't be leaving till after ww tomorrow. we may be gone till monday or we may come home sunday evening. i won't be able to be online. the tournament is a 3d tournament. we're shooting our recurves. i forgot to tell you about that newspaper photo that was taken of me last month. i never got to see the paper. it was a small town weekly paper. i couldn't find it here in missoula and i didn't contact the paper for a copy. i know the photo of me was not flattering at all. i decided i'd be better off not seeing it. my self esteem might have plummeted.

anyway, all of you have a great--op! day. i'll be back later.

Vickie
08-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I slept until 10:00. Of course, I didn't go to bed until 1:30 a.m. I really don't know how I stayed up that late but I did. I don't know what time it was but we had nothing else to watch on TV and Jim decided to put on a movie. I had never seen Fried Green Tomatoes so he turned it on for me and then he fell asleep on the couch. I stayed up for the movie. It was great.

We had unbelievably violent storms go through here for hours last night. Everything seems to be ok this morning but there are some normal thunderstorms coming through now. The high is only supposed to be 76 today so no pool for me! Jim has PT at 12:30 and I've errands to run. What new? I'll be at Super KMart today and I'm not sure where else.

I have to go clean my blueberries. I'll be back to catch up on all of you.

Katpo
08-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey Vickie, there's a bra at Kmart that I want! :lol: We don't have them here but I saw one in Colorado Springs. It's a Joe Boxer bra that's bright yellow with a big ol' smilie face off to the side. It was soooo cute!

I'm glad you got some sleep.

aghiowa
08-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Good morning all! Vickie, I love Fried Green Tomatoes. Such a good movie.

We just finished making rice krispie treats...the girls are cleaning out the bowl for me now. It's really funny to watch.

It's finally a bit cooler today. I've got all the windows open, just airing out the house. Aaah. I think the big thing is, the humidity has gone way down. Yay! :woo:

I'm planning a big overnight retreat thing for our church women's group in October at a nearby camp. I think it'll be really neat.

I'm taking dd #2 to the dr today for her pre-kindergarten shots. We've put them off as long as we can. She's not thrilled about it, but it has to be done. I can't believe school starts in 3 weeks. Wow. Then I'll just have one little one at home, and even she will be at preschool for 2 mornings a week. What will I do with myself?

Later,
Angela

Vickie
08-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Saundra, I'm sorry you couldn't sleep either the night before last. I'm sure the stuff about DS's house being in such disarray is bothering you. I've been hearing from lots of people that houses are filthy when they move in. I think the trend is that once people get the contract they stop cleaning. Our house was filthy when we moved in 9 years ago too. Of course, the ladies we bought from weren't clean to begin with so I had a real mess on my hands. I just ordered a microfiber cloth set with a handle that will let me spray vinegar or cleaning solution. I thought I could use it for touch ups instead of hauling out the big Hoover.

Melissa, you'll get it together when you are ready. I'm thinking you'll be a great Demonstrator. Has anyone booked parties yet?

Kath, I'm glad you're liking the Arbonne. I need something that won't make my skin itch (everything does) and I don't want a million steps to commit to every day. I would like to find something for my eyes since they seem to be getting a little wrinkly up close. I can't spend alot but I need something. In the meantime, I'll keep washing with soap which I've done all my life and using my Oil of Olay cleaning cloths.

Frouf, our weather was awful too. I don't know how Kathy stands it. It was like going from the oven to the refrigerator. It really knocked the energy out of me yesterday. Congratulations on getting your weight back down. I'm sure it had a lot to do with TOM. DH deserves to be beat up about your patio. He hasn't done what he needs to do. You've been clear from the beginning that the patio completion is important to you, so why isn't he acting as if what you want is important to him?

Sandra, thanks for the warning about the brownies. At least I know what I'm getting into. I've been scattered lately. I need to sit down with all the new recipes that I want to make and make a grocery list. Boy oh boy....Core sure is about planning. You'll be gone for 3 days......I object! ;) Here's some blinks for another amazing weigh in tomorrow. ;) ;) ;)

Patti, I would love to see the pond. I hope you can figure it out.

Now I'm going to go EAT those clean blueberries!

Vickie
08-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Angela, I would definitely watch that movie again. As it is, I think I missed some of the dialogue. I have trouble with Southern accents sometimes. It's a good thing that Kathy and Sandra don't type with accents!!!!! My little great niece begins kindergarden this year. I can barely believe it happened so fast. She starts on the 21st of August. But my Niece goes back to work after Labor Day. She's excited that she'll only have the nearly 3 year old and the baby until she goes back to work. I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to do. How is you SIL BTW?

Kathy, I won't be in the clothes department since nothing there fits me. But I could swing by and say hello to Joe if you want me to?!

Vickie
08-03-2006, 01:24 PM
BTW, Angela, it's only 73 degrees here right now with 90% humidity. No windows will be opened here. The humidity is what bothers me more than the heat. I already have a whopper of a sinus headache from the storms and the humidity. Thank God my husband agrees to this!

Froufy
08-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Wish I could sleep in til 10 am!!! Glad you like the movie Vickie - and we also had massive thunderstorms last night (which I why I turned off the puter!)...and much cooler today - a bit overcast - good day for dh to mow the lawn tho! :D

Saundra - your dinner sounds great! Where did you go? I hope you are not working too hard and exhausting yourself with the house fixup! I'm sure you'll be glad when everyone is moved in and settled!

Patti - keep trying - want to see those pics!

Sandra - good luck with your 'recurves'! :D:D - I'm sure you'll do well as always - enjoy your trip - and we shall miss you! :(

Niki - party into please? How are things going at your end?

Well yesterday at work got super BAD NEWS - regarding a contract we have been working on FOR OVER A YEAR! Everyone/all bidders are not DISQUALIFIED due a small glitch/mistake in one of the mandatory criteria. When I found out I just burst out laughing - and colleague was reallly shocked at my response - well I can cry or I can laugh I said - I choose laughing!

This morning had a call in to my manager - working at home today - told her to sit down and take a big breath! Now we are gathering info prior to letting our 'clients' know (bureau director) that all is garbage now and we need to repost all the documents and get people to resubmit their bids! What a nightmare!

Have a bit of a headache again today - and a very slight/suspicious pain in my left ear - which is causing me to worry a bit? I do recall an earful of water on Sunday when at the pool and hoping/wishing it's not the aftermath of something or the beginning of something! Will go to clinic I guess if it gets worse?

Good news is I did go to the gym after work yesterday - was very exhausted when I got home tho - did not want roast chicken for dinner - had bagel/smoked salmon and veggies instead. Best news it the scale is now back go 210!!!!!!!!!! (despite the couple of handfuls of potato chips I had - I grabbed a sf/ff fudgesicle and banished myself upstairs to avoid more damage!).

Need to maintain the downward trend - but coming week will be challenging as not only am I at home? but having company - which usually means lots of food and lots of eating out! Must stay focussed on my goals and cruise wardrobe! (got the cutest white outfit yesterday and t-shirt: White cotton textured/ribbed material - short sleeve hoodie w/zipper and matching capris - very cool and comfortable...then found this amazingly cute t-shirt - white cotton short sleeve - on front is a picture of a lady on beach chair - bright colors - turquoise dress on, green chair and hot pink umbrella - with various sequins sprinkled throughout - very appropriate I thought - oh and original price $35.00 - reduced to $14.99 and then 20% off - not bad! :))

Time for lunch!

Frouf

Vickie
08-03-2006, 01:45 PM
You go Froufie! You are making amazing progress so just keep up the good work. The outfits sound great and my kind of sale!!! Sorry about your project. It sounds like you have a great attitude.

Katpo
08-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Everyone enjoy your storms but be safe -- I say "enjoy" because it seems like it's bringing you cooler temperatures! Our high is 103 today and still no rain here in the foreseeable forecast ... grrr! At least I got to see some rain in Colorado.

ontarget
08-03-2006, 05:15 PM
i'm waiting on zap to finish doing its thing so i can finish cleaning the shower/sink downstairs. i have an exciting life, don't i?

vickie, our kmart is probably about to go under. every time we drive past, i wonder how they are still in business. i love kmarts, but this one has problems.

angela, okay. i'm hungry for rice krispie treats now. wish i had one--or ten.

frouf, congratulations on moving those scales. your outfits sound cute. just think how gorgeous you're going to be on the cruise.

kathy, can you order that bra online?

Froufy
08-03-2006, 06:11 PM
My head is spinning :spin: and in pain - as we try to 'argue' with our contracting dept - about the definition of post doctoral vs doctoral degree (there is no such thing as a post doctoral degree we have discovered - now if they would only listen! :frypan: ). The battle shall continue tomorrow - then thankfully I'm off next week so will hand this off to my manager and hope it is resolved by the time I get back (ya right!).

Also hoping all paperwork is completed so my new person LYNN!!! can start on the 14th!!! That would be amazing - except that I will have to 'train' her and bring her up to speed - and that in itself will be exhausting (altho us Froufs do like to talk! :D).

Might take an advil before I head out to the gym. Dh out bbq shopping and I am hoping for the 'short' list so we can pick out and buy something asap!

Trying to finish up a lot of stuff by tomorrow when I leave so I won't fret too much on my week off! Melissa - how are you doing with finishing up some of your workload?

Wow - Kathy - still super hot at your end - hope you are staying cool and comfortable!

Angela - how exciting to be starting kindergarten - I know how they are with the shots - but we know she will survive (and bribery and treats do work wonders! :D)

Finishing up my 2nd water bottle (40 oz) and will have another 20 by the time I get home from the gym :carrot: (is that okay Kathy???;) )

Not sure about dinner tho? Altho I find when I am hot and tired I don't want to eat big heavy meals - might go for some scrambled eggs or smoked salmon again!

And I know dh will want to drag me out to look at bbqs - not sure if I'll be up to it!

Later,

Tired Froufie!

sauniemay
08-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi, I'm just home from work. It was a good day, except I enrolled a 15 year old girl who came in with her dad. I saw after they left that under 16 requires a doctor's note. (slapping myself on the hand)

I'm researching our winter trip and may book it soon, as it looks like they may fill up soon. I'm waiting for the agent to call me back.

Kathy, when do you post your new hairdo? I want to check your skin out too, to see if you can be a model for Arbonne.:D
How's your foot doing? I have a new thing where I roll my foot over frozen water bottle. I actually think that it's helping.

Vickie, apparently there were tornados not far from here. There are communities that will be without power for days. I guess we were lucky. I sometimes have a hard time with very English movies. It takes me a while until I get into the accents.
I know which gismo you're talking about with the microfibre. I have one and really like it. I also found a great spray for hardwood floors which I use with it.

Frouf, sounds like cute outfits. Sorry about the work probs, but I agree, lauging is better than crying. I remember a computer crash years ago, where I lost a whole week's work. I bet your getting excited about your company. Where does your brother live?
Oh, we were a Terra Grill. They are up and down, but last night was up.

Sandra, sounds like a busy weekend for you guys. Are you do for a real holiday soon? You'll have to get them to take pictures of the new and improved YOU!

Patti, how are you doing with those pics. Looking forward to seeing them.

Melissa, I guess you're extra busy now. I hope your having fun with it. The kids are coming tonight. They'll stay with us and the movers come tomorrow.

Okay, time to change and go over to the house again. I'm actually going to Walmart first to get some stuff for them.

Have a great night,

ontarget
08-03-2006, 06:20 PM
frouf, i didn't realize you are this close to vacation. i knew it was coming up soon but the time just flew by. well, it's prob not flown for you. i hope you are over your headache. could you be needing caffeine?

ontarget
08-03-2006, 06:23 PM
saundra, we must have been posting about the same time. we look at the archery trips as holidays. we have gone to hawaii several times the past few years as well as other non-archery trips. honestly, now days we are more interested in going to archery-related events. where are you planning to go this winter? we are going to texas for several weeks to visit family and friends (and to compete in some archery tournaments).

we are taking the camera this weekend. i don't know if i'm ready for photos or not.

vickie, yesterday i told my rheumatologist that my left hip was still aching even though the mobic has ended my foot pain. we isolated the "spot" on my left side of my hip. he suggested that i use pepper spray (mace) on it. i did last night and it worked. i didn't know if your shoulder was still bothering you or not. if it is, you might try this. it does burn a little when you first spray it on. be sure not to get it in your face or eyes.

p.a.
08-03-2006, 08:29 PM
pepper spray Sandra,,I should tell Dh about that one..he suffers so much. Saundra Im trying to do it still...I know slow arnt I?

p.a.
08-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Ok kathy,,,its telling me I exceed the the limit allowed...the pics is 622 kbs and the site only allows 50.kbs..so Im way over...how do i shrink it?? or can I?

Katpo
08-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Do you have any photo editing software on your computer. Or here ... let's do this. Email it to me and I'll shrink it and then post it. How's that? I'll PM you with my email.

Katpo
08-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Sandra, I can't find that bra anywhere online. I've searched high and low!

Frouf, it is certainly hot here ... damn hot. No rain, burn bans still in effect (have they even lifted it all year???) and the humidity is a killer. We're all dying. Um, I guess I shouldn't say that. People actually are dying from the heat.

Saundra, I should take a picture but must first get it looking exactly like it did when I left the salon. Yeah, fat chance, huh? :lol: As for the skin, I don't have a "before" so the "after" won't do us any good. Now my foot: it wakes me up hurting at night. It still tingles and burns, the bottom is still numb like you sprayed lidocaine all over it, and the tendons are still like it is a brand-new injury. They are frozen in place and I still have no range of motion. My foot still swells every day. Great, huh? I'm starting to think that doctor knew what he was talking about when he said it would be at least a year, and maybe longer, before it was back to normal. At the time I thought ... pffft, that's ridiculous! Now I'm not so sure. Guess that's why he's the doctor?

Judd just left to go ride his mountain bike on some trails. I have a few hours of peace now.

sauniemay
08-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Gee, Kathy, that doesn't sound good. Are you doing PT? I forgot to mention ds (Steve) bought a motorcycle and is bringing it here. He bought it from his real estate agent, and doesn't have to pay until the house gets sold. He already took a 3 day course and said that they put the fear of **** in you!

Katpo
08-03-2006, 09:20 PM
The doctor told me PT won't do anything to improve this type of injury -- time is the only thing that'll help it due to the combination of problems: break, disclocation, tendons and nerves. I would have liked to but if it's not going to help, then what's the use?

I took that course and he's right! The only good part about it is that when I went to the DMV to get my motorcycle license, I only had to take the written test and not the driving test. I hope he enjoys it!

sauniemay
08-03-2006, 09:37 PM
He's got a graduated license already. He can drive it with some restrictions I guess. It takes a while to get a full one???

I gto an email from the travel agent, and we can get our trip leaving January 27th for 2 weeks. By leaving January 27th instead of February 10th, we save $1,000.00. I'll probalbly book it tomorrow.:carrot:

Okay, I've got to make Bernie's salad and then his dinner (hot dogs and eggs). Steve and Brayden will get here around 3:00 this morning, but at least Brayden will sleep through it. Kelly is coming tomorrow, cause she wants to vacuum their place first. It's going to be a new beginning for us and I'm a very happy camper!:D

Katpo
08-03-2006, 11:20 PM
we are going to texas for several weeks to visit family and friends (and to compete in some archery tournaments)
Sa-WEET!!!

ontarget
08-04-2006, 12:39 AM
the trailer is almost packed. it would be completely packed but we stopped to watch big brother and so you think you can dance. we'll be leaving shortly after i get back from ww in the am and will be home either sun night or mon. we are sooooooo ready to go on this trip.

patti, is it his hip? the nurse told me to try sleeping with a pillow between my knees. sometimes curtis sleeps with a wash cloth under his arm to give his shoulder some relief.

kathy, i hope you find that bra. it sounds cute. i'm thinking sa weet, too. i'm anxious to meet you in person. it's looking like november/december unless something changes. my goal is to have 40 lbs off before we come down. i'm almost halfway there. (almost)

saundra, i can feel your excitement. i am so happy your family is moving close to you and bernie. sounds like you're getting a good deal on your trip. where are you going?

ontarget
08-04-2006, 12:53 AM
kathy, http://www.joeboxer.com/ecommerce/womens/panty.html has the panties but not the bra.

Katpo
08-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Sleeping with a pillow between your knees is good advice for everyone, in my opinion. It sure does relieve the stress off of the back.

I'm so ready for you to come here, Sandra! I will be on pins and needles until then!

That darn bra is just giving me fits. I hate it that I saw ONE, but it was in the wrong size, and that's all they had. Maybe they are discontinued or something, but I'd sure like to have one!

Katpo
08-04-2006, 01:54 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330012056208&category=63853

This is one on ebay but is the wrong size (I need 38B) and isn't yellow. You can still get the idea though.

septembersgoal
08-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Morning gals!

Sandra, have a great weekend! We'll miss you. That's so cool that you and Kathy get to meet in person. I'm jealous! :)

Kathy, I hope that you have a good day and don't work too hard. I'll help you look for that bra too.

Saundra, hope you are having fun with the kids!

Vickie, are you having fun? :D We're missing you around here but I know you're busy. I hope it's a good busy!

I'm hoping to have lots of time to work on my pc stuff today. I have to work late and there shouldn't be many people here. I'm really, really getting excited about it. DH and I really want to be independent financially...there's a lot that we want to do that would require a very long post. It's probably mostly on his website. But we have some "callings" that would require us to have independent income. I'm :crossed: that maybe I've found mine. I guess we'll see!

I hope that you all have fabulous fridays. I'm so excited because I'm off next week. Just have to get through today!

Frouf, I'm excited about your vacation too. :lol: We'll want pics and full details.

It's looking like it might rain here today (sorry Kathy). Hopefully it will cool things off. But won't make the gas prices go down....yesterday they went from 2.76 to 3.08. Crazy!

Katpo
08-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Good morning, Melissa! I hope you get lots done today! Do you have Kmarts there? I swear, it's like now I'm on a big mission to find this darn thing!!

I also bought a cherry pitter the other day but don't despair, there are plenty of other PS things that I need (okay, that I want) ... when you're ready to make that first order, let me know, okay?

I'd better get back to my work. I just thought I'd come see if anyone was here.

septembersgoal
08-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Kathy, sorry it took too long to get the pitter. :( I'm still waiting on my darn kit to arrive!! I can't make an order until I get the PC software. I'll let you know when it comes though.
Oh and yes, we do have a Kmart here. I never go, but next time I'm on that side of town I'll stop and look for you. :)

aghiowa
08-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Kathy, I'll stop off at K-Mart here, and check for you. :) Now we're bound to find it...you can't stop the shopping power of many women on a mission. :lol:

I really need to get my eating in gear... I'm working on the motivation now.

Time to feed the kiddos,
Angela

Katpo
08-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I would be SO grateful if you could at least check! And if anyone finds one (they are around $10) I will reimburse the cost and shipping and gas/oil/tire money plus a handling fee!

Froufy
08-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Good friday morning!

Sandra - hope you had a good WI and are on your way to the Big T - can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back! We will miss you.

Kathy - that bra is adorable! Hope you can find it in your size!

Angela - get that skinny pic of you on the fridge and/or pantry - you look amazing and I know you will get back on track! How did dd survive at the dr's office?

Saundra - I can only imagine the excitement of having your kids move back to town - you are so helpful to them and I know they must appreciate it! Your trip (to Mexico?) sounds like a great plan and something to look forward to - esp when those big drifts of snow come around (UGH!).

Melissa - I am so excited for you - and I know you are so motivated for your PC work - hope everything arrives and you can start your 'career'!

I am in a very quiet mood today with puffy eyes from crying! Yes - big altercation w/dh last night - even a bit physical - he dragged me/pulled me into the other room to 'talk' to me - I was really shocked at this cuz he has never done anything like that before!

Seems big ds likes to cook at night (remember the 2 am burning smell fiasco?). Anyways we have instituted a no cooking after 10 pm rule (you can use the microwave but no stove or oven) - but big ds has at least once chosen to ignore the rule - and another time - used the microwave. Dh being the light sleeper that he is - always hears and 'smells' (very sensitive nose) what is going on - and it keeps him awake.

He and ds got into a big 'discussion' about how ds is torturing him and he can't sleep and he just can't take it anymore! Ds was not very cooperative- said he wouldn't do it again - but dh would not accept that - given he had already 'broken' the rule. Then dh lit into me - cuz of course i'm in charge of ds.

Dragged/pulled me into the other room - and told me he would not be responsible for his actions if at 3 am there was cooking again - he would come downstairs and cause a scene and make a mess (?) cuz he just couldn't take it anymore!!! YIKES!

The rest of the evening was not very pleasant - he went out to get the bbq - tried to apologize to me - but frankly right now I want nothing to do with him! Tried to appease me this morning with 'towel wrap service' something he does in the mornings after my shower - frankly I just wanted him to leave!

Anyhow - I am so looking forward to a long weekend home with him (NOT). Big ds going camping w/friends...dd going to dad's for weekend - so just the 3 of us. Need to prepare for my brother's visit next week! I am looking forward to the visit - he is so much fun. Will call tomorrow to confirm their flights and find out what special foods/drinks and activities they might like! They arrive from Florida on Wednesday afternoon - right after the cleaning lady leaves - how's that for good timing??? :D

Trying to finish up stuff at work today and not panic too much. Everyone gone today (monday off as stat holiday so many have taken friday off as well) - office is like a morgue - only 5 of us here - the 2 'boys' are playing basketball at lunchtime so the 3 'girls' have decided to go for lunch (vietnamese down the street) - should be okay - lots of soups w/veggies/meat etc.

Later,

Frouf

Katpo
08-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Frouf, that's a bunch of crap. You tell that guy where to get off! The very NERVE! Oh yeah, and here's another thought (I am in a very mean mood) ... can't he sleep during the day? YOU certainly can't!

Vickie
08-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I slept late again. We were up kind of late again watching a movie. We saw Rumor Has It and I really enjoyed it. Jennifer Aniston is a better actress than I gave her credit for. I also cooked yesterday which is a big deal since I have to do all the prep and clean up with Jim out of commission. I don't mind but it just takes alot of time.

I have some exciting news. On August 15th Jim and I are going to go for an audition for Jim to be on Millionaire! I've been joking with him (sort of) since the show came on to try to get him to go audition and he's always said no. Well, he came in the other day and said that the auditions are coming to Chicagoland and he'd go if I wanted him to. Yeah! Frouf, maybe you can be a phone a friend since you are such a trivia buff. ;)

It's not close so we'll be leaving early in the day to get there early. I think the auditions are from 9-4 so we are planning to be there at 7. It'll be fun I think. It's in Schaumberg which is way north of where we live. It'll take us at least an hour to get there.

Today I'm going to try to swim in the pool and then I've got to come in and get ready to go have dinner with my Sister/BIL. We're going to a new restaurant so I'm not even sure what I'll have. We have coupons from our entertainment book that we want to use. I love that book! Actually, it's in the hotel where Jim and I spent our wedding night. I've eaten their breakfast buffet but never dinner before. It should be fun.

Let me go catch up with all of you.

Froufy
08-04-2006, 12:26 PM
OHMYGOD VICKIE - I am sick with excitement - I am going to throw up - I am delirious with Joy!

I can't believe that Jim may be on Millionaire! I would kill to be on that show! (watch it every night). Okay Jim is now in training - get him to start studying that trivia! (go to boxerjam.com and get him to try playing' know it all" - good trivia questions there!).

I am keeping fingers and toes crossed that he makes it and of course would be honored to be chosen as a 'phone a friend'

GOOD LUCK JIM!!!!!

Frouf

Katpo
08-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Wow, Vickie! That would be AWESOME! :crossed:

Vickie
08-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Frouf, SO much is going on with you! Congrats on hiring your new employee. I hope you manage to get everything under control so that you can enjoy next week with your brother. I have faith in your talent! Oh Man....I'm reading and responding to posts in order and I just saw your post about DH. What on earth is wrong with him. I have three rules and Jim knows them. Don't lie to me, don't cheat on me, and don't hit me. Break one of the big 3 and I'm out of there no questions/no apologies/no forgiveness. I know he didn't hit you but he sounds like he came darned close. Doesn't he know how good he has it. Maybe he should go live alone since he seems to be so inflexible when living with others. Harumpf! :devil:

Saundra, where will the Winter trip be? I'm glad you told me that you like the microfiber spray mop. I'm still waiting for mine because it's on waitlist. I can hear the joy in your voice about the arrival of your DS and family. I'm happy for you.

Wow, talk about joy! Melissa, you sound downright giddy. I hope yo uenjoy your week off next week. We'll we be seeing you more around here? Heck, you're making me get excited about PC. I'd like to be financially independent too. I just don't want to work hard. :D

Sandra, my Sister uses Capsacin for her arthritic knees. She swears by it. It's made of hot peppers! How lucky for you that you'll get back to Texas. Will you and Kathy get to meet?

Kath, sometimes I can be SO slow! I found your bra online but in a 36B. I was in Kmart yesterday. I guess I didn't realize how hard it was to find or how badly you wanted it. I'll go back to my Kmart next week when Jim is at PT and see if I can find one for you. I love the stretch cotton bras. They're all I'll wear. Did you just want one? What if it's not yellow?

Sheesh, it too me forever to get this post done since I've been doing everything else under the sun while typing. I need to figure out if I'm going in the pool and when I have to get out. I'll be back later.

Vickie
08-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Frouf, Jim says not to get too excited yet. He hasn't even passed the test. But we'll see. He's never done any trivia tournaments or anything like that. The guy is just smart. He's forgotten more than I ever knew! He reads 3 newspapers from start to finish every day and reads non-fiction for fun. Not me...

Thanks for the website. I'm going to go bookmark it for him. He must be a bit hopeful because he said to ask what your area of expertise is!

They are auditioning for a movie specialty show and the regular show. The only problem is that he hates NY. I have family in NJ though so it would be fun for him to get to meet them.

Vickie
08-04-2006, 01:42 PM
So near and yet so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/new-JB-YELLOW-WINKY-LOW-CUT-BRA-brasiere-SIZE-36B_W0QQitemZ150016735535QQihZ005QQcategoryZ63853Q QssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Katpo
08-04-2006, 01:51 PM
THAT'S IT!!! I could get it and squeeze in!

:hug: You are the MAN! Okay, the WOMAN -- but you ARE!!!

Vickie
08-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Why don't you give us all a couple of days to see if we can find your perfect size? When does the auction end?

Vickie
08-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Or maybe she could go back to her source and get you a 38B.

Vickie
08-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Ok, I have another non-weight related question. I'm thinking about changing to the woman over 50 vitamin formulation that I take from QVC. I've stayed on the under 50 because I was still getting TOM. Well, it's been 3 months and nothing to speak of.

The over 50 formulation has NO iron. It also adds boron which I've never heard of and evening primrose oil which you all have recommended. Would it hurt me to not have an iron supplementation if my TOM decides to come back for a month or two? Anyone know anything about boron (it's boron amino acid chelate 3 mg) and evening primrose oil extract (36 mg).

Vickie
08-04-2006, 01:59 PM
:rofl: You bought it already, didn't you?!

I just went back to print the page to take with me to Kmart and the buy it now had ended!

Katpo
08-04-2006, 02:00 PM
I went ahead and got it just in case I can't find the other. It says pushup so I'm hoping the "pushers" are removeable and if so, it should fit better. If not, I guess the girls will be spilling out the top! I can also get an extender if it won't go around. I really, really wanted it! I was searching only for "Joe Boxer" -- never would have found this with JB in the title! Thanks so so so much!!

I'd go ahead with those supplements. If TOM ever does come back for a little visit, you could always take an extra iron or eat some liver. Blech.

Vickie
08-04-2006, 02:01 PM
I LOVE liver!

I'll look for the bra maybe Monday.

Katpo
08-04-2006, 02:08 PM
I bought a white one while in Colo. and I really like it. I think now that I know to search JB as well, I shouldn't have trouble finding the non-colors online.

Vickie
08-04-2006, 02:16 PM
So....are you saying you don't want us to look?

aghiowa
08-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Kathy, I found a pink one...it's a slightly different style - has a lacy band at the bottom, but is still underwire. And it's the correct size. I will take a picture once my batteries charge on my camera.

They also had the yellow ones at my K-Mart, but not the right size for you. They had my size, but I resisted buying. :)

Angela

Vickie
08-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Ohhhh pink and lacy.....don't tell Frouf!

sauniemay
08-04-2006, 02:53 PM
This bra shopping is fun. Kathy, I hope you enjoy it.

Melissa, you sound so excited. Your positive attitude and motivation will be such an asset for you.

Vickie, too cool about Jim. He must be one smart guy! Like I mentioned before, middle son Dave has won many a contest in his day. I wish they would come here. I once dated a guy from Toronto who was an all time champ in Jeopardy many years ago. That's my claim to fame!

Frouf, my dear, how awful for you. You must set rules and stand by them. I know about MEN doing things that they regret, and trying to make up later, but there have to be limits. Your ds knew that kids came with the package, and he must remember that HE IS THE ADULT!
We're going back to the Iberostar Lindo in Mexico. I figure the tried and true is a good thing.

Sandra, I'm looking forward to your wi results. Have a fab weekend.

Guess what, Steve found a cheque from the previous owner for $200.00 with clean expenses written on it. I now take back the nasty things I said. That was very nice of him to do.

Kelly and Brayden are resting in my guest room and I think that I'll go lie down too. Have a great day!

Froufy
08-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh a pink one! Yes that's for me - unfortunately I am a long way off from a 38 B or whatever? (think DD)!!! I suppose I can put it 'on hold' until I shrink a bit? ha ha ha

Frouf

Katpo
08-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Let me think. The pink one sounds awfully cute, especially with the lace. If you don't mind taking a picture (do you have to go back to the store anyway?) I will let you know. I do think I want it though. :o Now everybody knows all my bidness!!!

Vickie
08-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm off to the pool and then to get ready for dinner. I probably won't be back until tomorrow or waaaaayyy later tonight.

Frouf, I'm in your category! I'm a buxom short girlie!

Katpo
08-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Unfortunately, if I lose 10 pounds it's usually ( 5 ) and ( 5 ). :rofl:

I forgot to mention that this morning's weight was 141.8. I'm getting nearer to seeing those 130s!!

ontarget
08-04-2006, 03:31 PM
hidey ho, chickie friends! can you tell i'm a happy camper? well, not a camper yet. we have the charger on the ford's battery. one of life's glitches, but we're dealing with it. maybe we'll leave in a couple of hours or so.

i went to ww today and was down another 2 lbs. that makes 19 since mid-june. kathy, my plan is to have lost 40 before we head south. it's looking doable. i won't be doing any w a this weekend but will be doing a lot of hiking at the tournament for 2 days. i'll have to figure out minutes and post them when we get back.

melissa, we are going to louisville 2 times in 07. maybe we can meet one of those trips. i am keeping my fingers crossed for you and aaron to be independent. that's sort of what retirement is like.

kathy, when we get home, i'll go to kmart here to look. i'd be shocked if they have it. in fact, i'll go call them when i get offline.

{{{{{frouf}}}}} i don't know what to say except i'm here for you if you need me. curtis and i met and married after our children were grown and on their own. i think we were lucky.

vickie, that's exciting news!!! keep us posted. i bought the capasin this am. when i got dressed to go to ww, i reached in my shorts pocket and found the note the doctor had written me. i had forgotten all about it. capasin is about the same thing as mace. he called it a pepper cream. i got so caught up in mace/pepper spray that i had forgotten about capasin. guess it was a senior moment.

patti, read what i just wrote vickie.

frouf, i'm a dd, too. i call the girls "dolly partons."

saundra, you're going to have a fabulous trip. i'm glad you're getting to go. that's good about the cleaning check. gives you more faith in human behavior, doesn't it?
kathy, i see you got your bra. that's great. it was fun shopping for you.

ontarget
08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
kathy, congratulations. those 130's are looming ahead.

p.a.
08-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Ok chicks...I finally did it..after 2 hours playing on here (Im going to blame it on dial-up haha) its done. Thanks for your help and offer Kathy.
Off to enjoy the rest of the humid free day today..
see you all later

aghiowa
08-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Kathy, I bought it already. I figured there were only 3 left, so I'd better grab it now if you wanted it. If not, I'll just give it to my sister, since I'm a 34A. I think I'm the smallest of us all. :dizzy: It's not so much lacy as I thought, but it's a different style than the others...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/AngelazTNT/Before%20and%20After/pink.jpg

PM me if you want it, and I'll ship it off. :)

This was fun.

Angela

p.a.
08-04-2006, 04:14 PM
sorry Sandra,,have a great trip..see you on monday.
Frouf, I cant imagine how you feel right now..noone is allowed to push anyone around!!!!!! First thing I teach my kids at playgroup is *Hands are for helping not hurting*..Im so sorry

Katpo
08-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Coolio! It's cute! Okay, so how do I pay you? I can send a m.o. or check or whatever. Or PayPal if you have it. Your choice -- just let me know! I will PM you with my address.

aghiowa
08-04-2006, 04:23 PM
You're going to have the happiest underwear! :lol:

I'll PM you my address and you can send me a check or MO, whatever. I have used PayPal, but I have no idea how I did it.

Angela

ontarget
08-04-2006, 04:34 PM
houston, we're ready for lift-off. we're leaving in a few minutes. have a great weekend, everyone.

Froufy
08-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Wow Sandra - congrats on your SUPER loss - you are just motoring - good for you. I'm sure the hiking will help out - have a great time!

Kathy - the pink bra is too cute - love the idea of happy underwear! Enjoy and congrats to you to for getting so skinny (are you sure the bra will fit? :D)

Well I"m leaving work early - decided to go to sil's pool - sent dh an email asking him to call her - we have some hot dogs and buns and salad we can bring. I just need to relax with PEOPLE (not just dh!) - and I think a few laps in the pool will do me some good (given that I am now missing the gym!). I hope we can make it thru the weekend (yes dh asked if I was still angry at him - of course I replied!!!!).

Later,

Frouf

septembersgoal
08-04-2006, 05:23 PM
WOW! What an afternoon!!

First of all, Kathy, those are too cute!! Makes me want one! I love the pink one too. Angela was really on top of things! :D

Vickie, thanks! I am excited about this new adventure. In fact, my kit came today so I am super antsy to get home!! I'm SO excited about Jim auditioning for Millionaire. I've always told DH he should do it too, but to no avail. Keep us posted! (like you wouldn't anyway ;) )

Frouf, I have no idea what to say about DH, other than you are a better woman than me. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with his *&%$ -- it's worse than having another child, I'm sure. On a lighter note, have fun at the pool. I hope that it is a peaceful and restful weekend for you.

Saundra, thanks! I am really motivated for my new business. I'm sure you all are tired. Hope you are enjoying a nap!

Sandra, have a great weekend. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LOSS!!!!! :woo: You are doing awesome. I'm so inspired. :cp:

Only a half hour more.....

sauniemay
08-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Angela, you should be a personal shopper, never know...Your photography is very good too.

Kathy, you'll have to send a picture when you get it. Hey, new bra, new body, new hairdo...

Frouf, a swim sounds really good right now. I know it will do you good. Just relax and breathe in.

Melissa, so glad that your kit came. Now you can get organized and get going.

Sandra, congratulations on another great week. Have a super weekend.

Vickie, hope you enjoy your swim and have a good dinner. I didn't eat lunch today, which isn't good, but I'll be ready for my dinner soon.

Patti, can't wait to see the pictures.

Okay, didn't sleep yet, but I think I'll have a bath now. I'll probably help set up the kitchen cupboards tonight. It's really coming together.
I'm waiting for the travel agent to call back with insurance amount. Out our ages, it's a killer!

Katpo
08-04-2006, 05:36 PM
I have three rules and Jim knows them. Don't lie to me, don't cheat on me, and don't hit me. Break one of the big 3 and I'm out of there no questions/no apologies/no forgiveness.
I like this. It should be mandatory subject for all premarital counseling sessions.

Katpo
08-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Uh, Saundra, I hate to disappoint, but I'm NOT going to take a picture of myself wearing the new bra and post it. Talk about a perv magnet! :rofl:

I'm sure that's not what you meant. And I still need to get this hair picture. I am such a slacker.

sauniemay
08-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Of course, I didn't mean that. By the time we see the do, your hair will have grown back.:D

Vickie, I think the over 50 vitamins are a good idea.

Katpo
08-04-2006, 07:15 PM
:lol: I didn't think so!

Katpo
08-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Home now ... finally! It's after 8:00!!! I am really tired after several days of no sleep, and working long hours, and being stressed. I hope to go to bed by 11 tonight because I have to be back at work at 7 in the morning.

I guess everyone is busy tonight?

sauniemay
08-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Just a fast HELLO. I had a quiet alone evening until 8:30 and then picked Adam up at the bus so he could have a car for the weekend. We picked up a veggie pizza and a salad, and I had 2 1/2 pieces. I was 130.5 this morning, so I'm not too worried.

I'm really tired too, so it's time to hit the couch. Nightie, Night!

Katpo
08-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Holy cow, Saundra! You MUST tell me what you're eating -- I will do the very same, I promise.

It's hard to maintain and still try to lose a little at the same time. I have a huge sense of entitlement and that sometimes sabotages me.

Katpo
08-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Oh, and you should change your tracker!

Vickie
08-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Hey Chicks! I had an awesome Core meal and really enjoyed the company. You are all so silly.

Kathy, I LOVE that pink bra. You'd be crazy not to keep it.

Melissa, let us know when you have your website.

Sandra, have fun! We'll miss you. You GO girl! I'm very, very proud of you. You are really an inspiration.

Saundra, you sound like you are having so much fun with the house. Rest tonight. You deserve it!

I'm gonna go hang out with my honey for a while. I'll be back in the morning.

Katpo
08-04-2006, 10:55 PM
The pink bra will be on its way tomorrow morning, thanks to Angela! Thanks again SO much, Angela! My friend and coworker is just amazed that someone I don't even "know" would take the time to look for it, buy it, post a picture, then send it to me. She doesn't know how we are here, though.

Vickie, enjoy the snuggling!

Vickie
08-04-2006, 10:58 PM
So you never answered my question chickie......do you want a yellow one in your size if I can find it?

Katpo
08-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Oh yes! I'm sorry. If there is a 38B out in the world somewhere, I would love to have it. I can keep the 36B (if it doesn't fit) in case I lose more weight. It seems like the tatas respond to weight loss faster than the caboose. I'd love to figure out a way to switch that.

Vickie
08-04-2006, 11:21 PM
You'd be a bazillionaire and we could all retire to your island with you! I'll look when I'm out next week.

Katpo
08-04-2006, 11:30 PM
:lol: Yes, a WW Core Commune! I can see it now -- someone has the grill going at all times, another is planting and picking fruits and vegetables (I nominate Angela) and we're all thin, tanned and so happy. Oh but could we have cable? I need my TV.

Vickie
08-04-2006, 11:39 PM
I'll cook if someone else will clean up.

p.a.
08-05-2006, 12:33 AM
I dont do windows!!!!

Vickie
08-05-2006, 05:31 AM
Good early early Morning Chicks! Here I am in the wee hours again after two nights of great sleep. I drank 2 1/2 huge glasses of iced tea with dinner last night; something I haven't had in over 2 years. I've pretty much gotten off of caffeine except for chocolate here and there. Well, I'm have major sleep disturbance and feel an anxiety attack to boot. Sigh. I thought I'd come here and try to distract myself.

I've decided to switch to the over 50 supplements. From what I've read, it's bad to supplement with iron if you don't need it. Since the TOM seems to have stopped, I probably don't need it. The only thing I'm left with is the boron. I need to find out if it's ok to take boron when one is still having the occasional cycle.

Saundra, do you think this is something Bernie might know? I'll ask my Doctor when I see him next but it will be a while. In the meantime, I'm going to keep researching.

I'm going to go read what you were all up to last night.

Vickie
08-05-2006, 05:34 AM
Wow....I was caught up!

Melissa, I don't make you crazy with all my updates, do I? I've never been able to master the art of the "short and sweet" and my husband tells me that I've never had an unexpressed thought. He finds it endearing, but I know not everyone does! ;) :D

Frouf, I wasn't able to register of that site you gave me. Are there any other good and free sites that are set up in millionaire fashion?

I guess I'll go see if there is a menu thread.

sauniemay
08-05-2006, 09:29 AM
I asked Bernie about Boron and he said that it can't do any harm. It helps retain calcium and boosts estrogen and viatamin D.

About this island thing, I'd say we bring along a "cleaning service".:D

Kathy, I don't like bringing my tracker down all the way, since I weigh myself every morning. I changed it to Wednesday's weight which was my original weigh in day at WW.

aghiowa
08-05-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm all for the island idea, but let's be sure to have some air conditioning/shade for us pigmentally-challenged people. Can't do to have skin cancer on my millionnaire island getaway. :)

I've got the garden planned - I'll grow pineapples. :lol:

Kathy, I was telling my dh I needed to go the the post office tomorrow. He wanted to know why, and when I told him it was for my message board friend in Texas who was looking for a particular bra, he just kind of shook his head and dropped it. Ha ha.

My eating was marginally better yesterday...nothing to brag about though.

Vickie, a while back you asked about my SIL? She's feeling pretty homesick I think. Things have settled down into a routine, and my mom and I haven't been as good about including her as we should be. But we're fixing that, and I hope to be able to help her feel better.

Other than the post office, my schedule is wide open today. I guess I'll clean my house and do dishes, while I wait for Kathy to start construction on the Core Commune.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Angela

Katpo
08-05-2006, 10:48 AM
LOL, Angela! I know what your DH is thinking -- and mine used to be the same way until he got heavily involved in his motorcycle forums. Now he meets them for rides, and we even sent one guy, one of his favorites, a housewarming gift. He and that guy, who lives somewhere in the northwest, are meeting in Arkansas this fall.

I think he also changed his tune after I went to Florida for a weekend to visit and stay with a friend from another board. He realized that I didn't get murdered or sold into prostitution slavery, so he's a little more trusting now and thinks of the members as people instead of anonymous user names.

As for the commune, looks like so far we have pineapples, dirty windows, and lots of good food but a messy kitchen. I think we'll be needing to hire some help after we get moved in. :lol: I hear Raoul the cabana boy is available.

I'm having a delicious and nutritious spinach omelette this morning with some coffee. I didn't have a coke on the way to work, which is a total miracle because I was really needing my "bubbles". I'm impressed with the omelette though; I wanted to make those spinach quiche muffins but don't like them after they're frozen. Last night I was thinking about it and realized I could just put a bit of spinach into my egg mixture and either scramble or omelette-ize it, so I got a bag of chopped spinach (instead of that frozen solid brick thing I usually buy) and put a little handful in a bowl, stuck it in the fridge to thaw overnight, which it didn't but I nuked it for a minute and it was fine, then I squeezed out the water, added it to one egg and about 1/4 cup of egg white substitute, and voila! It was perfect! Tomorrow I'm going to add onion and red bell pepper -- I thought about it this morning just as I poured the eggs into the pan and it was a bit late by then.

I've also decided to start getting my olive oil by just drinking it. I can't always rely on remembering to cook with it, or drizzle it here and there. Last night I put a spoonful in a glass of water and chugged it, and I lived (plus I didn't barf or even gag). It will probably be the only way I get it for sure, and of course if I do cook with or drizzle, I'll just eliminate one of the "doses" in the glass.

Angela, I dreamed about those bras. I also dreamed I had a miniature horse that lived in a cup by my bedside, and a snake. There was also something in there about '56 Chevy Nomad models (I have a large collection of '56 Nomad items) that someone gave me. I really must lay off of the hallucinogenic drugs before bedtime. ;)

I'd better get busy. The boss isn't here today. Yippee!!

Katpo
08-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh and your poor SIL, Angela! I really feel for her because it must be so hard to have left her country and friends and family behind. Soon, though, I'm sure she'll realize that you are all her family and it'll get better. :hug:

Froufy
08-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Wow - a Core Commune on our own private island - great idea! I vote for Saundra to help 'set' up our villa - and definitely get Raoul the cabana boy to help us out!

I nominate vickie and myself as 'entertainment directors' - I think lots of cookouts/bbqs and parties and movies (w/lf popcorn!) should keep us fairly occupied??

Frouf, a swim sounds really good right now. I know it will do you good. Just relax and breathe in.

Saundra - I hope you did not mean 'breathe in while underwater? ha ha ha Not a good idea!

As for drinking olive oil!!!! ??? Why don't just add it to the pan when making the spinach omellette??? or salad dressing? or stir fry veggies? I don't think I could drink it - even in water!!!

I agree that most people don't understand forum relationships - unless you've experienced one it might seem odd I guess? I love the idea of having friends all over the place! How amazing is that?

Did end up going to sil's pool - got there around 5:30 pm - and in the water at 5:35:D Glorious weather still and she keeps her pool very ward (96 degrees). Was not in the mood to do major laps - esp w/little ds in the pool - still have to keep an eye on him! But I did some slow laps and treading water and kicking legs, etc.

Then suppertime - we did bring food - but everyone then decided they wanted to order in PIZZA!!! I had to go with the flow - I did bring my 'baked' potato chips so munched on some of those - had only 1 SLICE OF PIZZA - which I am very proud of (with diet pepsi) and NO LEMON MERINGUE PIE! I felt fine and not at all deprived.....and I even had a peek at 209.2 on the scale this morning which is FANTASTIC!!!

Also used the new hot tub they just put in - after dinner - probably around 9 pm - lots of stars out (they live kinda in the country).... But found it too slippery and deep for a short froufie - it has these built in seats and bed to lie in but being so short if I actually sat in the seat or lay on the bed part I almost had my head under water. Oh ya and the mosquito has a great feast on me as I relaxed there (no not on my bum this time) - have several big major bites on back of my neck/shoulders - which were above water!!!

This morning got up and started some of the cleanup (pre-guest arrival cleanup) - little ds' room is a disaster - stuff everyone - so I tried to organize some of that - and put dh's piles in the middle of the bedroom floor - HINT HINT! Also got a couple of loads of laundry in (yes found all the towels in dd's room again - need them so guests can actually find some in the linen closet!).

And (drumroll) after breakfast - off to the gym I went for my 30 minute workout! Home now relaxing and waiting for next dryer load - then into the shower I go!

YIPPEE! Not much else planned for today - dh is planning to dig up some gravel in backyard where bbq shall 'live' - I may go shopping?

Later,

Frouf

septembersgoal
08-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey gals! I've off to a great start for my vacation. I got my hair cut this morning and have been going through all of my new pampered chef goodies. It's so amazing what they send you in the start-up kit. You get about $350 of products for $90, and it's yours to keep after $1250 in sales. Which they say is easy to do! It's really exciting. I've already thrown away my old cutting board, and I plan to get rid of some other stuff asap. Now that I have some things, I want everything pc! It's just great.

Anyway, Aaron and I have a request for you all. We are making a list of things that we want to do this week. Quirky things, like buying a lottery ticket and having an ice cream picnic in the backyard. One of the things on our list is a picture scavenger hunt. But we need a list of things to "scavenge" for, and if we come up with the items, we'll already have something in mind. Kind of like cheating. So he said, ask your fat chick friends for help! So I need a list of things from all that we should look for on our scavenger hunt. We're only going to do about ten I think, but submit all the ideas that you can think of and we'll pick ten from there. THANKS! :D

Off to check up on all of you...

septembersgoal
08-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Ok, as far as the commune goes...I'll bring the pampered chef products. :lol:

Vickie!! I love your updates! I just meant that of course you would tell us if Jim was going to be on tv. I didn't mean anything bad at all, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. And actually I'm the same way. I think sometimes Aaron wishes I wouldn't be quite so expressive. :o
You asked about the website--I don't have one yet, because you have to pay for it. I am waiting until I get going with this business a little bit. But if you see anything you would like to order, you can just pm me with the info and I can submit it from here.
I hope that you enjoy your dinner out tonight!

Kathy, drinking olive oil?! :p Yikes! Whatever works for you girl. Hey, I've got my software up and running, so by Tuesday I should be able to start placing orders. :cp:

Angela, pineapple sounds great! My MIL grilled some one day with brown sugar and cinnamon...they were awesome.

Frouf, congrats!! On the scale being down, all that you've accomplished this morning, AND being so good at dinner last night! I'm completely impressed.

Well I think I've sort of caught up with you all. I need to get back to cleaning up this house (don't want it hanging over my head during vacation) and sorting through my PC stuff!

Katpo
08-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey, girl! I'm glad you're having fun playing with your new goodies.

Is the scavenger hunt just to amuse you and DH? Or are you including others, like the youth group? It makes a difference, you know!

Katpo
08-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Oh wait, so are you going to LOOK for pictures of the things we suggest, or take them yourself?

Katpo
08-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Okay, one more question. If you're going to look for pictures, like on the internet, are you going to prohibit searches? Like you have to find them on your own and not put "plastic pink flamingo" in Google?

aghiowa
08-05-2006, 04:58 PM
I think it's where you have a list of things to find, get a camera, and go out, find it, and take a picture of it. I've done sound scavenger hunts with a tape recorder, and it's a hoot!

Hmm, I'll have to think a bit...how about these?

a squirrel
a police car
the inside of an elevator
a bubble
an orange flower
a sidewalk crack that forms the shape of a letter/number (other than 1 or L :) )
3 billboards (must be in one photo)
a store sign with a bird's nest in it
a bottlecap (the old kind, not the plastic kind)
the underside of a bridge

These are just some I thought of off the top of my head. Let us know how it goes..sounds fun!

Angela

Katpo
08-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Okay!

Mary Kay pink Cadillac
Flock of birds in a tree
Mama animal with her babies (no petting zoos allowed)
An extinguished campfire
A sign or marquee with a misspelled word

Still thinking ...

Froufy
08-05-2006, 07:53 PM
My additions:

-an old discarded beer can
-someone sitting on a park bench
-an old newspaper
-an 'under new management' sign
-a fountain in a mall
-an empty stroller

That should do it? If you need more ideas let us know!

Dh and I are still not doing well - I am very sad today - and depressed! He got back into the 'I'm sorry" it was just an aberration - and I said no matter what - this behaviour was NOT ALLOWED. Then the whole can of worms opened up - the kids, us, my parenting - his lack of interest, etc. I ended up screeching about how unhappy I was ! and it went downhill from there.

I finally went to the bathroom to shower (and calm down) - when i come out he asks if I'm done yelling at him yet? Like he would like to make me even more miserable? Sure I can yell some more - but what's the point of that?

So we are both feeling very much like failures right now - not a fun weekend to be sure. As least the 2 older ones are away - and little ds out with his friend biking. Now dh is whining about not being able to finish the projects he started (gee wonder where he heard that from?) - still a big pile of dirt on our driveway (been there since April 21st!). Still no patio - my brother is coming on wednesday - and 3 weeks ago when we found out they were coming - dh said 'no problem' - should be able to get the patio done, bbq in, etc - well guess what???

Now I am 'forcing' him to clean up his 'piles' in our bedroom - says there is no room - I say you have too much stuff - you need to get rid of something and not keep collecting! So he's cleaning it up but giving me the evil eye - like I"m his mother making him do stuff he doesn't want to do like 'clean his room' - not acting like a husband/team mate who understands what needs to be done.

This is sure wearing me down!

And of course he had to take a nap this afternoon. Ds was watching a movie and I told him I had to go return something at the store - told him that his dad was upstairs - of course 5 minutes later cellphone rings cuz dh is panicking that i've gone out. Are you coming home? No never I respond! What is going on here??? Half hour later as I'm leaving the store all of sudden calls me to tell me to get more mulch for the garden?? No I'm not going to the garden centre and I'm not getting mulch!!!!

So at least he mowed the lawn and now going to feed himself dinner (i'm not hungry so I told him I'm not eating!).......so that's my fun evening!

Frouf:(

Vickie
08-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm home and pooped. We went to the "tasting" dinner for Ethan's birthday food and it was good. The kids wanted us to come back to their house so we did for about an hour and a half. Then we ran to Jewel. I got a couple of things but their fruit looked lousy. I'm going to have to get myself to Sam's tomorrow. I'm craving more ranier cherries and they seem to have the best ones. I can't wait until we get our Costco.

I'm going to go hang out with Honey Lamb. I'll be back in the morning. I'm very tired. I was even too tired to go into the pool today. I hope to sleep well tonight. I'll catch up with you all in the morning.

septembersgoal
08-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the lists you all! And yes Kathy, Angela's right. We just thought it would be fun to jump in the car with a list and go hunting for things. It's just for us. Sorry I didn't explain that very well. More suggestions are welcome, and the crazier the better. ;) I'll be sure to post the results for you all too. :lol:

Frouf, I'm so sorry. You don't deserve that kind of abuse. :hug: I hope that tomorrow is a better day for you.

Vickie, glad you enjoyed your dinner! Sleep well!

Katpo
08-06-2006, 07:03 AM
Good morning! I'm up because ...

Sigh ... so Judd was having another of those wacky dreams, which woke me up and I had a hard time going back to sleep. Then Zuki started walking around like he needed to go potty, and jumped off the bed so I yelled at him to get back on. Judd said he's right here, and I said he needs to potty, so he got up and took him. Then when Judd went back to bed I said, "Sorry about that; I know you need to get up early." I was trying to be nice -- he's going on a motorcycle ride today. Well instead of an equally nice "oh that's okay" he says "YEAH" really loudly and it ticked me off. I got up and while walking out of the bedroom, I said "You've been hateful to me for days and I'm sick of it." and he said "WHATEVER!".

Yes, indeedy, WHATEVER! I fumed for a while and then decided that when he gets up, I should apologize. I should have just taken Zuki out myself, or not said "Sorry about that" and especially shouldn't have made the "hateful" comment. While it's sorta true, it wasn't constructive and I shouldn't have said it. I think he's stressed about something but isn't saying. So ... that's why I'm up.

Vickie, dinner sounded good and I hope you got some nice sleep tonight.

Melissa, the scavenger hunt sounds like a fun thing. Never in a gazillion years would Judd think of something like that, or even consent to it if *I* thought it up. Enjoy your time together.

He said the dinner was really good but I didn't eat because I had a whopping headache. I broiled the mushrooms, then melted FF swiss on top. Then I put it on a bun with lettuce, tomato and purple onion, and some chipotle mustard. He liked it a lot. I got some ciabatta bread to have mine on but it was from the bakery section of the grocery store so there's no nutritional information, which means I can't calculate the points for it. I guess I could find a site that has generic foods listed and go with whatever it says. It's not a large piece of bread.

Back to playing my game. Maybe after he leaves I'll try to get more sleep.

Katpo
08-06-2006, 10:29 AM
The Man just left and he said he was sorry too -- we're both cranky from lack of sleep. Although, instead of sleeping now, I'm doing chores.

So what's on everyone's agenda for today? I have a few things: grocery store for some work things, making tuna salad for lunch, laundry, dust the family room, change the water in the fish tank, and watering all inside and outside plants.

I'll come back in a while to see if anyone's here.

aghiowa
08-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Good morning Kathy...sounds like we were both up last night. We got to bed later than normal, and I absolutely could NOT go to sleep. I got up, ate 2 graham crackers, played around on the computer, and finally got back into bed around 2:30. And of course dh was snoring (sigh) so I didn't get to sleep until after 3. At least the girls slept in this morning until 8:15.

My plans today include bathing the girls, going to church, and going to the in-laws for dinner.

Later ladies.
Angela

Katpo
08-06-2006, 12:16 PM
I hate it when I can't sleep, but know I can't sleep in the next day because there are things to do (like be a mommy in your case, or go to work in my case!) ... also, I use earplugs at night to block out the snoring. It's the only thing that saves me. I can still hear the alarm clock, and you would probably still hear the girls. I buy them at Walmart in the ear care section, and buy the ones in a plastic box that look like little circles of wax.

The money order is on its way to you! Actually, it got in the mailbox after mail had gone out but I don't know if they empty the box at the post office on Sundays.

RoseB
08-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi all: We got home from the cottage on Tues. had lots of company and only one argument with our son. We were there two weeks so that was pretty good. He loves to argue and I just get upset. Any of you that are Mothers will understand. Thurs. we left for Briar's, what a nice time we had. We went with another couple which makes it nice.

I was telling Saundra it did not start off so great though. We took our coffee and went into one of the sitting rooms. A man came along and gave us proper heck for not taking a saucer. I said to him," Are you the owner" and he said, " yes." He then told us the furniture was expensive.:( We felt like little kids. Our friend then spoke up and said, we are friends of Dr. Warren. The fellow then brightened when I said he was a neighbour and distant relative. (The Warren's go there lots during the year, and spend lots.)
It all was upsetting for our friends anyway as it turned out we found out he had had a couple of strokes and was acting odd. We never saw him the rest of the time.
His wife must have heard about it (servers in the room) as she was so nice to us and served us cookies and coffee after the play. She spent time explaining about the Lodge etc. We will go back, the meals were wonderful. Saundra you may have met his son's as they are taking over

Well just wanted to say hello and to say we are on our way again to the cottage. It should be a fun week all going well. We try and get up as often as we can as the years fly by.

I hope you are all in the pink. Have a good summer.:smug:

Happiness to you all. :hug:
Blue Skies,
Rose

septembersgoal
08-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Morning glories! :D Yes, I am giddy because we are now OFFICIALLY on vacation! :beach: Yippee!! I think we're going to do some shopping today and go to the movies. So I'm off. I hope that you all have a great day!

Vickie
08-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I slept until 10:00. So I got 11 hours of sleep. I'm noticing that menopause is REALLY messing with my sleep cycle. Either I get 3 hours or 10 0r 11. I think I was just making up for the Friday night fiasco. There is a HUGE thunderstorm coming so I may have to jump off of here kind of quickly.

We really had a nice evening last night. I was feeling kind of cranky but actually felt better when I got around the kids. They are really good medicine.

I found out yesterday that Cassie needs her teeth cleaned. I'm nervous about my animals and anesthesia but there's no way around it since dirty teeth can make them sick too. Cameo probably needs hers done too since she doesn't seem to be chewing her hard food and treats. This is not good, especially since they both only eat hard food.

I've a little laundry to do today and I hope a swim before I cook dinner. This rain may mess things up if it moves too slowly. I'm not sure about the pool temperature either. I have to go in the pool no matter what since Sunday is my clean it up and put chemicals in day. I'm making cola chicken, oven wedges and corn on the cob for dinner. Sounds good to me.

Ok, I'm off to catch up and see if there is a menu thread.

Vickie
08-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Saundra, thank you SO much for asking Bernie about the Boron. I'm sure people are bugging him all of the time. I knew that it helped the body to hang on to estrogen so I was concerned that it might make me have too much since I might still have a TOM here and there. I don't even know if there is such a thing as too much estrogen. I also wanted to tell you what an inspiration you are too me. I think I've been using this menopause thing as a bit of an excuse. It does make it harder but you have succeeded so I just need to keep on trying. Look at you so far below your goal and eating good food and reasonable amounts of it!

Angela, you and your Mom sound like wonderful women. I'm sure your SIL will adjust. It's just going to take time and lots of love and understanding. I'm glad you're getting back on program. We'll be ok soon, I'm sure. Enjoy your day. What is up with all of these sleep disturbances?

Kathy, your omelette sounded good except for the spinach. It's funny, I'll eat spinach raw but not cooked. I think it's a texture thing. I have NO trouble getting my oil in. I almost always have things to saute in a recipe or we eat a lot of the oven wedges with the skins on. That takes care of it right there. On the rare days where I don't saute or oven fry then I count 2 teaspoons of my smart balance light as my healthy oil. Ok....I know this is tweaking but it's so darn near core that I think it's ok on rare occasions. It has no trans fats (for real not like ICBINB) and is made of canola and soy and I think sunflower oils. Poor you....that is NOT the kind of close encounter that I want to have with my husband in the wee hours of the morning! I'm glad you both apologized...it seems like the right thing to do. And, I'm sorry you couldn't sleep. I'm beginning to think there is nothing worse. I forgot to tell you that I found the Kraft free cheese. I'm going to make another tamale pie soon and I'm going to see if if works better than the Jewel brand. Believe it or not, I found it at Super Kmart!

Frouf, I'd be your co-Entertainment director any day! Wow...96 would be too hot for me but I remember why she does it. When mine got to 91, I left the solar cover off. 88 is my ideal! I'm sure it's only going to be about 84 or 85 today. That's ok because it will encourage me to run! I laughed at your hot tub story. That always happens to me too. It's not easy being short! My GF with the MDS has a hot tub.

Melissa, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't being annoying. I'm glad that I'm not! Not that I could change anyway. :D I'm glad you're so happy about PC. I still haven't gone back to look at the stuff. It seems like it will take a long time since you have to click on each individual item. I think I'll save it for the next time I can't sleep. I'm lame at games but how about a Scottish Terrier, a White Sox shirt, or a hula hoop? I'm excited for you to be on vacation. I hope you both enjoy yourselves! Do you have any plans or will it just be casual?

Hey Rose, except for your little encounter, you sound like you're having a great summer. Enjoy since it's almost over!

Alrighty then....I'm caught up, it's getting dark outside and it's time for my breakfast...I know it's lunch time....so I'll be back later.

Katpo
08-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Vickie, believe it or not I was in yet another store yesterday and they also had the Kraft Free Mozzarella shredded, as well as the individually-wrapped slices. We can usually find American, Swiss, and even Pepper Jack sometimes, but never the Mozzarella. It'll be good for times when we want to make things like eggplant parmesan.

I've finished with the dusting, fishbowl cleaning, and 1/2 of the laundry. The DW needs to be emptied and refilled but I think I'll wait a while on that. For now, though, I'm going to the grocery store.

Ack! I forgot the most important news of the day! This morning I saw 139.6. I can't TELL you how long it's been since I saw anything in the 130s -- at least five years for sure! I thought I was going to faint. And then I went and ate a big breakfast. :D

sauniemay
08-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Kathy CONGRATULATIONS

You sound giddy with delight! I know how much you've been working towards the 30's.

Vickie, hope you get time for a swim. It's beautiful here, and they are promising a nice day tomorrow.

Melissa, so glad vacation is finally here for you. I'm sure that you and Aaron will have a wonderful week of fun.

This morning I showed Kelly and Brayden around the area and they came back here for coffee. We went back to their place and Steve's friend who I haven't seen for many years was there.
Dave and Tomomi are doing a barbeque tonight for everyone. I made a 5 pound potato salad. There will be lots of food.

I'm going to do R&R now, as I don't pick Bernie up from work until 5:00. Hope everyone has a great afternoon and day.:)

Vickie
08-06-2006, 03:18 PM
:bravo: Kathy, :bravo: I know how happy this must make you! It seems as if your experiement might be working. Eating a little more food might be good for you. Is this the week with or without the exercise? I bought the Kraft free mozarella and cheddar cheeses. That's the blend I mix in the tamale pie.

Saundra, you sound like you're having fun being the Welcome Wagon! Enjoy your day and your BBQ.

It's looking like no pool for me. It's only 78 degrees and the darned rain won't move through. Harumpf!

Katpo
08-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Move it on down here! We're over 100 again and STILL no rain in sight.

This is a week without exercise, but I have done some stretching and used the little sit-up roller thingy. I don't think I'm eating more (some days less, even) but just eating different things. I don't suppose it is all Core and I probably go over my WPAs too because I will have almonds or raisins or dried cranberries at times (just a few pieces though) ... and I still drink my 100 oz. of water. Not sure what it is except for maybe the fact that I've cut out snacks. I just eat the three meals and stay away from food between then. Usually when I list a snack on my menu, I end up adding it to a meal. Otherwise, I'm eating all day long and it seems as though my mind is always on food. Now I eat and then put it out of my mind until the next meal.

Saundra, I'm so glad that it's all coming together! It sounds like one big happy family.

Vickie
08-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Hmmm....your menu looks like a little more food but I'm sure you know better than I. Who really cares as long as it's working, huh?

I see some sun. I'm going to go check on the temperature.

Katpo
08-06-2006, 04:23 PM
It probably looks like more because there might be more things listed, but portions are child-sized. I guess that's the difference. The more I think about it, the no snack rule might be what's helping.

Katpo
08-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Rose, welcome back! I hope you are well rested and doing well. I hate that you had a little wrinkle, but I guess that's life. My DH is the most fanatical person alive about using coasters and I can see him saying something like that when he's a much older man. :lol: In the grand scheme of things, though, it's no big deal and I'm glad you had a better time after that. As for the adult children wanting to argue ... I could write a book. ;) I'll let you co-author it with me and we'll both be wealthy.

Dinner is over and I must say it was spectacular. I just love cooking rice (brown rice, of course) in broth. The flavor can't be matched with any herb or spice. As for the tilapia, I patted it in a mixture of parsley flakes, parmesan cheese (regular), and spicy Mrs. Dash. On my piece, however, I made sure there was no parmesan. I ate 1/2 of a fillet, a few beans, and some of the rice. I'll be fine.

Tomorrow I'm sure the scale will be up a bit but that's "Moanday" mornings for you! Last week was 144.2 and so I know there's a net loss for the week. Slowly but surely, I will get to MY goal -- nevermind what my official WW goal is. I feel better when I'm in the 130s, whether it's the low or high end. Maybe it's mental, but I don't have the desire to figure it out. I'll just take what comes.

I hope everyone is having a super Sunday ... slow here but that's just how we are nowadays, I guess.

sauniemay
08-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Where is everyone???

Good dinner, I ate 1/2 a Nathan's hot dog (very uncommon) on ww bun, and too much wine. Hey, it was a special occasion. We left early, cause Bernie only had sun glasses.

I just got an email from head of recption at our Mexico hotel and he's going to do his best to give us our jacuzzi room when we go back. He even sent us "a big hug".
Okay, off to the family room for a quiet night. Enjoy your evening....

Vickie
08-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey Chicks! I just got out of the pool. I was in there for 2 hours running my little legs off. I'm cooking dinner now but I snuck in here while the potato oven wedges are cooking on their first side.

I really enjoyed the pool. I've put all the chemicals in and have covered it back up. It'll be a couple of days before the temperature is high enough for me to get back in again. That's ok because I have lots of errands and appointments for the next few days. I also took most of the garbage out and I've worked up quite a hunger. I didn't eat much today and only had 4 glasses of water. I guess I'll have to catch up tonight.

I'll be back.

Vickie
08-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Wow! It really was quiet here today.

Saundra, you showed restraint only eating a half of a hot dog. I'm sure I couldn't have stopped. Boy Bernie and I are alot alike. I keep forgetting my regular glasses too. Do you drive?

Kath, I always make my rice in broth too. I think it makes a HUGE difference. You're very good at portion control. Something I could learn from you!

Gotta go girls. Dinner is minutes from being ready.

Froufy
08-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi chickies!

Hey Rose - nice of you to check in - hope your cottage experience is a good one (and you don't get yelled at for not using a saucer!:D)

Vickie - great job on the pool exercise - I can't even imagine running around a pool for 2 hours (are you all pruney when you get out?)

Melissa - hope you are enjoying your 'vacation' - so when is this big scavenger hunt happening?

Kathy - I need to get some ear plugs too - for my cruise and airline travel - starting to 'inquire' about those that are better than others! Your dinners both sounded great! Hope you got a nap?

Saundra - I'm sure your kids will love the area - I can't even imagine a 5 lb potato salad - what did you haul it over in? I love Nathan's hot dogs! what a treat!

Didn't do much last night - watched some old movies on tv - I love some of those old black and white movies - caught Mrs Miniver last night - a classic!

Had a very late supper tho - I was not hungry at dinner time but did end up making and having an egg salad sandwich at around 10:30 pm! with a cup of tea. Did not weigh myself this morning as I was feeling a bit puffy.

Today's exercise consisted of a 35 min walk to the mall and grocery store - with my Walkman - it was pretty warm out - but at least a nice breeze here and there! Got a lemon water at Farmboy when I arrived at the mall - did a bit of shopping (got a great 6 slot picture frame for dd's dance pictures - have beein looking all over the place for this - I know she will be surprised and finds it hung in the hallway right outside her room :) )...then to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription - then to the grocery store - and called dh to come pick me up (1:30 pm) then home for lunch.

Lots more cleaning up here - and picture hanging (even my huge elton john picture is now up in my bedroom - dh just laughs at it).....got the big toybox out of ds' room and found all of our 'old' fisher price toys out of the basement (what memories - the corn popper, and vacuum cleaner and garage, etc) and put them away for Baby Jackson (already 7 months old!) - nice to keep them in the family and put them to good use. Waiting for them to be picked up (hopefully before our guests arrive!).

And as strange as it may seem I actually napped this afternoon - well dozed on and off - lay down around 4 pm - dh said I did sleep - got up around 6:30 pm - had to go potty!!! and drink water as I was parched. I am now (9 pm) getting hungry for dinner - but nothing was 'cooked' - so I shall go forage downstairs and find something delish to eat (I hear the smoked salmon calling my name!).

Later

Frouf

sauniemay
08-06-2006, 11:29 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d627b3127cce8bf5e99fd98900000016102AbtXDhm1aMX

These are my boys:)

p.a.
08-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Evening chickies,
Its been the nicest long weekend here...nice breezes and no humidity. Kathy Saundra and Frouf I wish you could feel it. I have my windows open and its so nice...... Went to the beach today(lake superior) with dh to sit and relax adn watch the waves roll in...they were huge!! We were supposed to go on my bros large boat this weekend but the waves are too big. Dont want to get seasick...were going to try later this week. If I go I have to remember to bring my camera..the scenery around here is just amazing.
Eating has been good this week,,,lost a couple of pounds that had crept on last month. Now to get back to the dvd...that has slipped a bit. Ive been doing it 3 times a week which isnt bad but could be better.
WElcome back Rose
Saundra ..half a hot dog?? wow. I havnt eaten one all summer cuz I know I would want more then one..and an elderly friend of mine had heart surgery two years ago and was told she should only eat 1 hotdog a YEAR!! Scared me thinking what the heck is in them..
Glad you got some rest Frouf..youve been so stressed
Vickie, Im thinking about cola chicken for supper tomorrow now..with oven fries yum
Happy holidays Melissa!!
Ok off to wander here...have a great monday everyone

p.a.
08-06-2006, 11:38 PM
aww Saundra..is Natan the older one?? couple of cuties there!!

sauniemay
08-07-2006, 09:25 AM
8:00 am and we've already finished breakfast. The sun that comes through the sides of the "dark" shades seemed to get to me this morning. I fried up California veggie burger, cut it into pieces and mixed it with an egg and yocheese. Bernie kept taking some from my plate.

We finally saw Mr. & Mrs. Smith last night, and I thought it was silly, no story.

Patti, I agree that hot dogs are not at all healthy. It was a one shot thing, and I'm glad that I stopped at half. I would love to come up your way for a visit one day. Steve and Kelly went to Killarney for their honeymoon five years ago. Is that in your area?
Natan was 3 January 9th and Brayden 2 on May 24th. They really get along well. This was a good age for Brayden to move here. He seems completely adjusted to his new environment.

Frouf, I used a whole five pound bag of russet potatoes for the salad. I use ff mayo and Miracle Whip as well as hard boiled eggs, cut up green onions, celery and Strubs dills. Add a little dijon, seasoned salt and paprika, and voila. It's a hit in our family. It was in a "big" bowl.
I also love the old movies. They're great to watch when I'm alone. I showed Kelly how to get to Farm Boy. It's so close to them.

It's a holiday here, so not a Moanday. (I love it) Kathy, I think you are the only one working today.:(

Melissa, what are the plans for today?

Sandra, are you home yet? how was it?

Vickie, so glad you had a great pool time. It sounds like you really had fun.

I'm going to go make my bed now, and then check if the laundry is calling out to me yet.

Have a great day everyone:)

Katpo
08-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Kathy, I think you are the only one working today.Hey, no fair! I'm going back home to bed if that's the case!! :lol:

I just finished my spinach omelette but could only eat two bites. It was sorta icky. I don't know what the difference is except that I added a slice of FF swiss. The flavor was good but it was runny even though the eggs were thoroughly cooked. I imagine it's could also be because I cooked it, put it in a plastic container and then heated it back up at work. Meanwhile, it was sweating in the container. It might have been too much moisture. So anyway, I had a backup plan of FF cottage cheese and pears that I brought to have with lunch, so I'll have that this morning.

It's another hot day today but they are hinting at a chance of rain this afternoon. I guess we'll see.

The scale was back to 140.4 this morning so that fleeting glimpse into the 130s is over for now. However, I can see it on the horizon so I'm encouraged. I have my water bottles all laid out and ready to go ... lunch and dinner are both planned. Now if I can only execute the plan!

Happy Moanday!

septembersgoal
08-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Hi gals! Just dropping by to say good morning. Today we have designated as a work day, so we can get the house cleaned and projects done. That way they're not hanging over our head all week.
Today I have a meeting with my pc director and a big fall preview meeting tonight. It should be interesting and fun!
I'll talk to you all later!

Vickie
08-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Chicks! You are all all early and ready to go. I slept 10 hours again. Thank goodness Cassie barked but if she hadn't I don't know when I ever would have gotten up. It's gray and dreary here. Jim never wakes me up when I'm sleeping unless I tell him the night before when to get me up. I never use an alarm clock since he rarely sleeps past 6:30.

I've a lot of things to do today so I don't linger long. I need to be showered and ready to go by 11:45 and I haven't eaten breakfast yet. I always have to wait an hour after I get up and take my medicine. I can eat in about 15 minutes. I'll go see how far behind I am.

Vickie
08-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Frouf, I didn't run the whole 2 hours! I'd drop dead. I don't do a lot of floating. I'm always walking or cleaning and I do mutiple spurts of 15 minute runs. I usually run until the whirlpool makes it too easy to run. Then I stop and start up again later. I do get horribly pruney but I'm willing to put up with it. Yum...egg salad sounds good. Maybe I'll have some for lunch. I don't have any onion but I do have some relish with splenda in it. It sounds like your final guest preparations are moving right along. I need to make myself a cleaning schedule. It's so hard to do it right now with Jim's PT.

Saundra, Natan and Brayden are adorable! Brayden's curls are gorgeous. I so enjoy little boys. They are a lot less whiney than little girls! Hmmm...I think I have a veggie burger left. I could have that for lunch. Lunch has been a problem for me lately. I need to check the Dr. Praegger's website. There was some controversy about his stuff recently. I need to find out how or if he changed his nutritional information.

Patti, you sound so happy with your life! That's a great thing. I'd love to see some scenery now that you have the hang of the picture posting. Congratulations on the loss. I hope I get going again too. Right now I'm fighting the fact that exercise is making me hungry and I'm probably eating a bit too much.

Kathy, I think spinach cooked is overly moist (trying to be nice here) so I can't even imagine warming it up. I'm glad you had a backup plan. 140.4 is a GREAT Monday morning weight. I have no doubt that you'll see the 130's again.

Melissa, getting the cleaning out of the way is a great plan. Will it take you all day or do you have fun plans for later?

Ok, time for me to eat!

Katpo
08-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Cute, cute boys, Saundra! I didn't see them until Vickie just mentioned -- then realized I hadn't gone back up far enough into last night's posts. They look like they get along great!

Froufy
08-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Saundra - your two 'boys' are real cuties! Love the curly hair - my little guy had the most wonderful curls til around age 3 - now all gone! The baby pics are great - no one can believe it's the same child!

Kathy - hope you are not working too hard - gee maybe time for me to go back to bed? (really might take a nap!).

Vickie - glad you are not a complete prune? Sounds like you are really catching up on your beauty sleep - good for you!

Patti - I too would love to see some pics of your area - I'm sure it's beautiful.

And yes the weather has been glorious - not as humid - with a nice breeze - they were calling for thunderstorms today (60% chance) but still have blue skies right now.

We went to bed way too late - like 2 am - watching tv upstairs. Unfortunately unlike Vickie - I can't seem to sleep in anymore - and was up around 8 am!! So I got up - and decided it was exercise time - before it got too hot out.

So I ate my cottage cheese cup - donned my runners and off I went - with my walkman - altho honestly I as not keeping pace with the music - a bit slow this morning - my hips/back seem a bit 'tight' since yesterday's walk!

Headed towards the main road and the local starbucks - about 45 min walk - did stop at the gas station for a bottle of water. Then to Starbucks - got 1/2 lb of my favorite coffee (decaf Sumatra) for company - and a light coffee frappucino for myself - settled down on a couch and read a whole book (okay it was a small one) - You know that 'strange' fashion fellow - you see on tV - Steven Cojocaru? Well I grew up with him - actually knew his sister Alisa as she was in some of my classes (he's probaby a few years younger than me). He actually wrote a book (the red carpet diaries) - which was pretty funny esp when he described our high school, the neighborhood and people and the local mall where we all hung out!

Then off to Ikea - starving by now - so yes I had a WHOLE HOT DOG - and diet pepsi ($1.25!) - wanted to check out new furniture for dd's room (saw some very cool black cube like bookcases which I think she will like) and picked up a new stovetop grill pan, spatula and a couple of plants (yes for the 'company') and called dh to come pick me up (1 pm).

My poor little feet and legs are very tired now altho I am still in the mood to shop (still looking for that black bra! and need a fancy black camisole to go under my black sequin blazer).

Ate again when I got home - just threw in some laundry - and contemplating lying down for a little while? problem is I will sleep - then stay up late and thus the cycle continues!!!

I am also marinating the salmon steaks (lemon garlic dressing) so no grazing at dinnertime - also looking forward to my favorite brown basmati rice!

later,

Frouf

Vickie
08-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm back from errands and I just finished part of my lunch. When I get off of here, I'm going to make me and Jim a cherry garcia smoothie.

Kath, there were only two winky bras left. Both were yellow but one was a 34A and the other was a 36B. I also dug through the discontinued rack but nothing "winky" there either. Sorry!

Frouf, you are having a great day! Congratulations on the exercise and your successful shopping trip.

I'll be going back to ToysRUs this afternoon for a price adjustment. That's the penalty for shopping early. The leapster game I bought for Ethan is now on sale. I'll get 25% back and have to figure out how to spend it again!

Time for the smoothie!

Katpo
08-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks for checking, Vickie. I hope to get my yellow one soon but haven't heard from the seller. It does show on my PayPal page though the fact that they have shipped it.

Judd is still campaigning for that darn puppy, and I'm still saying no. He has enlisted the help of several coworkers who are also trying to talk me into it. They are just about to get on my nerves.

Okay, back to work. I hope everyone's having a good day!

ontarget
08-07-2006, 07:07 PM
hi, chickies. this is one tired chicken here. we had a great time. i only shot saturday. that involved about 2.5 hours hiking/shooting over rough terrain. i gave myself 90 min credit for exercise. i think that's probably fair.

i was off program but an on track today. i apologize for this being short. i'm hot and tired. i'll keep reading and will post more later.

Vickie
08-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Welcome Home Sandra! Can't wait to hear the whole story. We missed you.

I'm off to eat dinner and relax. We got another disc of 24 so I'm sure we'll be watching those back to back tonight.

Katpo
08-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Welcome back, Sandra! Get some good rest and hurry back.

I'm doing nothing tonight; just finished making my lunch for work tomorrow (tuna salad) and sewing/replacing the buttons on a shirt. The cleaners did something and they turned brittle and all started breaking! Some broke at an inopportune time, so I thought maybe I'd better get a jump on the unbroken ones and just replace them all.

See you tomorrow!

Froufy
08-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Oh Kathy - you can't possibly be doing NOTHING tonight! :) I don't think that's ever happened??

Welcome Back Sandra - sounds like you worked pretty hard and deserve a rest - you are hereby given a reprieve from the board for the next 12 hours so that you can rest and be refreshed for reading and posting :D

I did not nap this afternoon - did get some laundry done - I had bought a new (cheapy) shower curtain liner for dd's bathroom cuz hers was kinda grungy and was not part of the 'guest' bathroom! I did not check the one she has - but turns out it is of pretty good quality - almost nylon/material feel to it - so dh suggests washing it? Little did I know - put it in w/some detergent and oxypower stuff - and came out looking gorgeous (w/mildew gone!). Well the cheapy one is up not anyways - but we can replace it when it gets dirty!

I am eating very poorly - more like grazing - lots of it non-core. I did not end up eating the salmon, and brocolli (tho of course I did enjoy the brown basmati rice!) and grazed on a little piece of pizza, some LO egg salad, smoked salmon of course and one of those Thins (100 calorie) chocolate bars! I am really finding it hard to stay out of 'vacation 'mode while I"m at home.

Went out thinking stores were still open - no such luck? Guess they closed early cuz it's a stat holiday - go figure! So ended up going to the bank/ATM and picked up a decaf coffee on the way home (the only place that was open was Tim Horton's!).

Will try to go to bed early tonight! Looking forward to tomorrow - day w/little ds - has a dr. appt at 10;30 am - then might go to science & tech museum which is right across the street - then stop at the drugstore (so cute he clipped out a coupon for his favorite 'goldfish' snack and wants to go get some) and also Staples as he wants a bulletin board for his room!

Also have to drive dd to her camp placement (UGH) - has to be there by 8:30 (there goes my idea of going to the gym first thing!). And the bbq connection/natural gas guy coming tomorrow afternoon to do the major pipework for gasline to new bbq (like whose idea was this anyways?)

Froufie

Katpo
08-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Sounds like an eventful day, Frouf! Are you off all week?

I guess you were right about me doing nothing tonight -- I just finished 32 minutes on the Gazelle, which burned 200 calories and was the equivalent of a little over 1.5 miles. I was watching ****'s Kitchen so at least I was entertained.

I also baked some potatoes so that Erin would have something to eat when she gets home from work at 11:00 tonight. They're cooling ... let's see. Lunch is ready, I'll scramble the eggs in the morning, and I already have fruit and milk there at work. I think I'm done now!

ontarget
08-08-2006, 12:00 AM
i'm back. i didn't make it op today afterall but tomorrow's another day. last week at ww our leader said, "don't say, 'start over.' say, 'start.'" so, tomorrow i'm starting. i will get up in the am and eat op; i will exercise going to w a; (i was even too tired to do that today and it's my addiction!); i will drink at least 8 glasses of water.

i know this should have been posted somewhere else, but i posted it here anyway. please bear with me.

i did have some excitement this evening. our next door neighbor brought over a package that was on our front porch friday after we left. ups had delivered my new longbow that martin archery just made for me. tomorrow we'll go to the archery shop and i'll start getting used to shooting it. it's made of gorgeous wood. one of the reasons i've been doing w a is so i can build up my stamina enough to shoot longbow division as well as the high tech division at one of the national tournaments next spring.

well, here i'm rambling about archery stuff again. i guess i'm never too tired for that. some people think curtis pushes me to compete. if they knew us well, they'd know i'm the "pusher." the longbow was my idea. i watched a lady shooting one last year and it looked like a lot of fun.

frouf, i hope you and dh can get things resolved soon. by his working in the yard today it sounds like he's trying. i hope so.

kathy, have you tried making those zip loc omelets? they are very easy. the method is posted over in breakfasts i think.

melissa, did you have your scavenger hunt yet?

vickie, it's cooling off here this week, too. are you going to ww tomorrow? our ww leader had us all promise to come this fri no matter what. the western montana state fair is in town this week. she's thinking a lot of funnel cakes, vikings, etc.... will be eaten.

got to go. i'm so dirty i'm rusty. i'll be back tomorrow.

septembersgoal
08-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Hey gals, it's been a busy day! We worked on the house, plus I had a meeting with my pc director and then a "fall preview meeting" tonight. They gave away products but I didn't win anything. :( Oh well, it was still a good experience. It's unbelievable what some of these people sell!
DH almost got the shelves finished. I'll have to post a picture when they're done. All that's left is touch-up painting. Yeah! They look so great and totally change the look of the LR. It looks much "richer" and looks done. Before it just looked like something was missing. I'll try to remember to post a pic this week. Now we just have to find some baskets for the shelves, which is proving to be more difficult than you might think.
I've got to go to bed but just wanted to come say hi. We are planning on running around tomorrow, but we haven't decided what we want to do exactly. We might go for a picnic and a hike. Or a movie, we haven't decided!
Have a great one gals!

Katpo
08-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Good morning! I'm up early with the birds, as usual. Already sitting here at work and took a little break; thought I'd pop in to see what's happening.

I'll be back later on -- have a great day!

Mattandgabbysmom
08-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Good morning ladies, I'm Back!!! Dh is back at work and our vacation is over, I got back op yesterday, did not do to well while dh was home, we ate out alot, do not dare go on the scale as I don't want to be discouraged, plan on doing watp all week. I hope everyone is doing well, I will try to go back a few days to catch up. I am having trouble uploading a picture, It is telling my file is too big, anyone know what I should do. Thanks!

Patti, your pond is gorgeous!

Katpo
08-08-2006, 09:43 AM
If it's too big, you should resize it and then try to upload it again. Do you have any photo or graphic editing software on your computer?

Mattandgabbysmom
08-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks Kathy, I think I do, I will check it out.

Vickie
08-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Good Morning Chicks! Jim had an early follow up appointment with his surgeon today. Jim's shoulder is doing very well. He's got at least 2 more weeks of PT. Then we'll see. He's going to start doing some more everyday stuff to see how it goes.

We've got our baseball friend coming over to go to lunch so I've got to run. I need to wipe up a bit before I let him step food in here.

I hope you're all having great on program days.

Mattandgabbysmom
08-08-2006, 01:48 PM
I tried making the picture smaller, it is still telling me too big of a file :(

ontarget
08-08-2006, 05:43 PM
hi there. we're pretty busy today. i just came in from pruning roses. curtis is out running errands. i'll be here till i leave for w a shortly.

nikki, it's good to see you back. we'll be watching for those photos.

melissa, sounds like you're having a ball with pc and vacation fun.

i'm op today. i feel better. i was sluggish the last couple of days cuz of overindulging. we did all right with meals on our trip but o'deed on some junk food. guess that's part of life.

have a great day, all.

p.a.
08-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey chicks,,
Nikki, mine were too large as well,,so I went to picturetrail.com and made up an album..it worked great. Not hard to figure out either.
Sandra, sounds like you had a great weekend,,,its great reading about everyone interests....we are a pretty diversified group.
Im off from thursday to saturday..my gf asked me to head out of town with her. We're staying at her sisters house so it will be a cheap trip for me,thank goodness, have to mail out $7000. tomorrow for youngest dd's school expenses.... We are planning to hit a farmers market on saturday morning..so Im stocking up on any fresh veggies and fruit I can find..so yummy!
Nikki I need to get back to WATP...Ive been lazy this week..need a kick to get me going again. Its so easy to fall off plan isnt it?? I like Sandras leader's suggestion about starting.. not starting over.
Off to make some supper here..
ttyl chicks

Mattandgabbysmom
08-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Ok, here is a picture of my pretty little princess and my handsome pirate.
Thanks so much Patti, I went to picturetrail.com and was able to do it.
I think It may be a little big

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1438/6171545/12031965/175780776.jpg

aghiowa
08-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Niki, they're both cuties! Thanks for posting the picture.

Angela

Katpo
08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Cute kids! I'm glad you finally got it figured out.

I'm finally home from work and worn out. I only worked 10 hours but it seemed like 20. Now I'm resting for a while since Judd has gone to ride his bike. I have quietness for the next 30 minutes and am soaking it up.

sauniemay
08-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Niki, they're so cute. So glad it worked for you!

Kathy, you sound pooped, I can relate to that. I worked day shift and then an evening meeting. I'm glad there aren't any more of those in the near future.

Sandra, welcome home. So glad that you had a good weekend.

I'm going to go eat now, and I'll be back tomorrow. Nightie Night ALL:)

septembersgoal
08-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey gals! I'm so behind. Sorry. I thought maybe I would be here more this week due to vacation but we've kept ourselves pretty darn busy. We went shopping today at a cd store (bought a miles davis cd) and then went to the farmer's market. We also ran by the grocery to stock up on some grub. Then we went to see Talladaga Nights. It was funny (if you like Will Ferrell stuff) but it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. But still pretty good for a laugh.

Niki and Saundra thank you for sharing those pics! How cute they are!

Kathy, I hope that you are getting some good rest while Judd is out of the house. Of course he might be back by now. :)

Vickie, seems like you are almost as busy as me. I hope that you're doing well!

Sorry to run gals. I've got so much on my mind, especially about the new business. :D Oh, and I am going to get the website after all. So (just for example) if any of you wanted to order something you could just go directly through the site and not have to send me a check. Very convenient. It will take a couple of days though.

I hope that you all have an awesome Tuesday night!

Katpo
08-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh don't you worry. He's back now. Just laid his $40 bike computer, that he used ONE time, down on the island and now can't find it. We've searched everywhere. What a dufus.

p.a.
08-08-2006, 11:18 PM
check the garbage....every time Ive lost something and couldnt find it..its in the garbage!
Nikki your kids are adorable

Katpo
08-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Okay, we looked for an hour, and where was it? The loveseat that floats in the family room is a camelback, and we keep a quilt draped on top. It was sitting right there in plain sight, but I guess it had blended into the pattern on the quilt. I mean ... how "hidden" could it be??? He felt like such a goof when he saw it. :lol:

Vickie
08-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We had a very busy day yesterday. Our lunch out with our friend was wonderful. We are trying to help him through some life issues. He's a great guy. I had a nap after lunch since I was tired from getting up early. Then we had dinner and watched TV. I also talked to my Niece and my GF. GF's marrow transplant is tentatively set for the day after Labor Day but she'll have to go into the hospital on August 28th. Believe me, the process sounds horrible beginning with radiation of her entire body to completely kill her immune system so that the marrow can create a brand new one. Makes me want to stop whining about not being able to lose weight.

I have another busy day today. Jim has PT and I've errands to run. Jim's checkup with the surgeon was great. He can start to resume normal activities with the exception of lifting things over his head. Not a problem! The Surgeon approved more therapy but told Jim that it's really up to him. He thinks he'll go to what he has scheduled; through the 17th, and then probably quit after that. He's supposed to be icing and continue the ibuprofen and his exercises at home.

Jim is also very motivated to lose weight all of a sudden. He says he doesn't want to look like a whale on Millionaire if he makes the cut. Yesterday he ate badly at lunch and walked on the treadmill twice yesterday! Sheesh. Maybe watching him will motivate me.

I think you all were pretty quiet yesterday. I'm going to go catch up.

sauniemay
08-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Kathy, I knew that you and Judd would find it! Now, don't you feel better?

Patti, where abouts are you going? You sound like you're really enjoying your summer too. It's been cool at night here, which is a nice change.

This morning, I'm getting a new sink/counter top for my en suite. It's the kind that looks like marble. The counter is burgandy and the sink part eggshell. My ceramic tiles are white with a touch of pink. It's my bathroom, Bernie uses the main one. I'll try and take a picture when it's done. I'm pretty excited. My painter still hasn't called back with an estimate, so I may call someone else. Bernie gave me a card of a painter that was recommended by an ex neighbour.

I better go shower before anyone comes, see what's happening here later....

sauniemay
08-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Vickie, we posted at the same time. I sure wish your gf the best. My gf from Windsor wrote yesterday to confirm that she's coming on our Thanksgiving weekend. I'm very excited about that.
So glad that Jim in on the mend, Bernie has just started his PT.

Vickie
08-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Frouf, WOW do you ever sound busy! I hope you had a great day yesterday and did manage to do the fun things that you planned. My eating hasn't been completely Core either. I'm doing the best I can but I know I can do better.

Kathy, I believe exercise is key. That'll get you into the 130's for sure. I'm glad Judd found his bike computer. I once found something I lost in the freezer!

Sandra, I think the archery is very much about who you are. I think you can talk about whatever you want in this space. I do and no of you all seem to mind. Being active will make you healthy and that will help you lose weight. It's all connected to me. It doesn't matter why you are competing. Perhaps you and Curtis just encourage each other. My plan is to go back to WW no later than 08/21. So that either means next Monday the 17th or the 21st. I'm just not ready yet and I haven't been able to figure out why.

Melissa, I'm glad you enjoyed your PC meeting the other day even though you didn't win anything. I'm happy to hear you so happy. I believe it makes a difference when you are doing something you enjoy. I have a GF who feels that way about Party Lite candles. They don't do much for me but she really enjoys it. I can't wait to see the shelves. I hope you don't forget to post the pictures. I love going to the show. I don't know whay we don't make more time to do it. That's great news about your website. It will make things so much easier. I'm sure I'll find something to buy! When it's all set up make sure you PM me so that I can bookmark the site.

Niki, the kids are adorable! Don't worry about the program. You'll get back in the groove.

Yikes Patti! Kids are expensive with a capital E! I guess I shouldn't complain about my property taxes.

Wow, Saundra, you sound more than tired. You sound exhausted. I hope you rested up and had a great evening!

Ok....breakfast time!

Vickie
08-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Good Morning, Saundra! Your color scheme and remodeling plan sounds wonderful. I'd be excited too. I really need to redo my kitchen counters and take down the ugly wallpaper. I need to get some estimates. Unfortunately, we need a fence first and I'm still paying for the TV and new furniture. Maybe Jim will win a couple thousand on Millionaire!

One can dream.

Katpo
08-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Morning, all! Another busy day for me working 10 hours and going home to more chores! :lol: What else is new, huh?

Vickie, I hope that your GF does well with the transplant. I've known a few who have had to have it due to similar diseases.

Saundra, the kitchen re-do sounds like fun! I hope you enjoy watching it all change and are pleased with the results. I'm sure you will be.

The pink bra came yesterday and it is really so cute! It fit perfectly and so now I await the yellow one. Since the 38 with no padding fit, I'm sure the 36 WITH padding is going to be way too small, so all I can hope is that those "pushers" come out. Otherwise I'll be putting it back on ebay.

Back to the grind. Happy day!

Vickie
08-09-2006, 10:14 AM
I didn't see any pushers in the one I saw at KMart. It just looked like all foam. I should have checked the KMart price so you'd know what to charge.

aghiowa
08-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Woo hoo Kathy! I was hoping you got it and that it worked. :)

We're going to shanghai my SIL this morning and make her go out with us. She's been holing up at home, which is no good.

Later girls,
Angela

Katpo
08-09-2006, 10:37 AM
I'd just charge what I paid. They're all around $10 and the tags will still be on the yellow one when I get it, so I'll know how much it was. The pink one has no foam at all, it's just t-shirt fabric. If the yellow one does have just regular padding and is not removable, I'm probably out of luck. Or I can save it. Judd has a goal of 130 for me, so at that weight, I'd probably be down to a 36.

Angela, I hope the m.o. arrives very soon! I'm starting to feel bad now -- but really, thanks so much again!

Katpo
08-09-2006, 10:42 AM
I forgot to tell you guys this but I found out yesterday that my classes are full for the fall semester. Sigh ... I was waiting until we got back from vacation to register and should have done it before we left instead. Now I'll have to wait until spring. Dang it!

ontarget
08-09-2006, 02:15 PM
wow! i'm behind again. we worked last night installing a new toilet. talk about a lucy/ricky episode! the new pot is in and life is good.

vickie, jim will probably lose fast. seems men do. sometimes i get sooooo jealous of them. be sure to keep us posted about millionaire. i feel like i know jim. frouf is a great choice for the phone call. (i'm typing fast, can you tell? i am cooking lunch and don't have much time.) i'm glad you're going back to meetings. you're right. they help a lot.

kathy, i'm glad the bra fits. 130? that's small. your girls may disappear on you.

angela, your sil is lucky to have good family support. ya'll have fun today on your trip out.

melissa, be sure to post your new website.

frouf, you're a busy froufie.

saundra, the colors sound gorgeous. curtis has just done some painting here at home. we stayed with off white. we still don't know if we're staying or going. if we stay, the house will be cleaner.

sorry this is so short. i have to skadoodle. i'll be back later. have a wonderful wednesday, all.

ontarget
08-09-2006, 02:16 PM
kathy, i'm sorry the classes filled up before you could register.

sauniemay
08-09-2006, 02:21 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d628b3127cce8bece54b77bc00000016102AbtXDhm1aMX

It's done! Hard to tell by the picture. Now I need new accessories;)

ontarget
08-09-2006, 03:38 PM
i like this, saundra. thanks for posting the photo for us.

Katpo
08-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Very snazzy! I like it!!

Katpo
08-09-2006, 06:11 PM
More than 200 posts = a new board! Come on over!