Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #1  
hara hachi bu

Lightbulb Post Your NSVs Here!

I just wanted to start a quick thread to help me begin my weekend on the right note. I thought that if everybody posted their most recent NSVs, all the great stories would help me not want to binge this weekend. (Weekends are difficult for me, especially since I weigh in on Monday evenings!)

My only recent NSV was going to my doctor for my annual physical ... the doctor was delighted that I'd lost 53 pounds and told me to continue the good work! I like that it's officially documented on my medical records that I am 53 pounds lighter than I was last year!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

phantastica - Congrats on the 53 lbs. loss! You must feel great.

My NSV today was to walk for 30 minutes. I haven't been able to walk far for a long time because of a bad foot, so I was thrilled to be able to start going for walks again!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #3  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Here are a few of my recent NSV:

I went out to eat with friends twice this week and stayed within my calorie range for the day. A few months ago, I would have just given up, ordered whatever I wanted and chalked it up to a non-plan day. But this week I suggested restaurants where I knew I could get nutritional info in advance and that there would be something on the menu that would be within my calorie range that I would enjoy eating (other than a salad and without having to starve myself for the rest of the day). I even emailed one of the restaurants for more information on their menu (and I was glad I did). I decided what I would eat in advance and stuck to it. Didn't even eat the bread that they brought to table and for one of the restaurants, had to limit myself to half my entre (which was plenty and now I have lunch for tomorrow). At the second restaurant, one of my friends was so impressed that she ordered the same thing I did. It is possible to eat out and stay within my calories!

Also, for the second outing I wore a sleeveless shirt (first time wearing one in public in probably ten years) and size 2--size 2!!!!--jeans! I've only recently added jeans to my wardrobe (when I was overweight, I was never comfortable in jeans--I couldn't take the pressure on my stomach) and I have never ever in my entire life fit into a size 2 before (well, maybe when I was 2 years old). Granted, the jeans are made from stretch denim, I think they run a little large, and I think I was wearing them a little higher on my hips than they were designed for (e.g., the waistband wasn't really supposed to be at my waist--that's the advantage, the only advantage, of being short-waisted), but I don't care. I wore a size 2 and was perfectly comfortable in them all night. That counts as an NSV!

And congrats on the 53 lb weight loss phantastica (although I think I'd call that a scale victory! ). That is an awesome achievement.

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:29 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Well...when you're running in the park and your underwear keeps sliding off down into your shorts because you need to step back down to the underwear you had pre-preg...does that count? LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My NSV's for the past week or so:

#1--At my yearly physical, my doctor noted my weight loss, looked up from my chart, and gave me a high five.

#2--I dropped my car off for service today, and when I walked in, the girl who checked me in just stared at me and said, "you've lost weight--a lot of weight!"

#3--While trying on bikini's with my teenage daughter, she stepped into the dressing room to bring me another suit and she looked at me and said, "my Gawd Mom, you're skinny."
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #6  

3/4 of the way through the day I got hungry and thought to myself, "Gee, I could really go for a banana right now." And then instead of finding something else to eat I waited until I finished the stuff I was working on, biked to the grocery store, and bought some bananas.

So that's almost three in one: wanting a banana instead of chocolate, not buying something junky to keep me full, and biking over instead of driving!
Flying Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #7  

Wanted to share a very nice NSV. Yesterday I was jogging on the trails at a small college near my home. I go there because it is usually deserted. Well, yesterday I came across a huge group of kids hiking on the trails and their leader said " move aside for this runner to pass". I don't know why but I glowed all day after being called "a runner" by a stranger.
amyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Betty
3/4 of the way through the day I got hungry and thought to myself, "Gee, I could really go for a banana right now." And then instead of finding something else to eat I waited until I finished the stuff I was working on, biked to the grocery store, and bought some bananas.

So that's almost three in one: wanting a banana instead of chocolate, not buying something junky to keep me full, and biking over instead of driving!

WOAH!! You go!!

ANother poster...Size 2 jeans. Okay, I'm gonna stick my tongue out at you for a minute cuz I'm jealous, then I'm gonna clap and say WTG!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:38 PM   #9  
hara hachi bu

Default I got rubbernecked!

On many Friday nights, I go to the coffee shop and get myself a cup of coffee (and beans, if I'm out), and then head off to the grocery store.

Tonight, I ran up to my favorite coffee shop tonight to get a pound of beans, but they were closed. I stopped across the street to a Starbucks because they're open a little later on Friday nights. As I walked in, there was a guy sitting in there who totally bent out of his way (rubbernecked) to watch me add milk to my coffee, and then walk out to my vehicle. He was still watching as I got into my car, so I smiled and pulled off.

I saw him in there once before, a few months ago. Same thing - sitting in the same spot with his portable, and he rubbernecked then, too.

Maybe next Friday I should make it a point to go up there at the same time and see if he's there.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:16 AM   #10  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I resisted bread stick boy! There was even pizza there, and my boss said "Have some. I'm not going to eat it all." Rainier cherries to the rescue!!!

I did half of a really hard workout. Granted, towards the end, I was panting and taking a drink every three or four minutes, but I did 20 minutes! By Tuesday, I should be able to the 30 minutes, and by next Friday, all 40 minutes!
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #11  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altari
I resisted bread stick boy! There was even pizza there, and my boss said "Have some. I'm not going to eat it all."
Altari, I could have used some of your wisdom today. We had a thank-you pizza lunch at work, and I caved and scarfed down three pieces as well as 2 pieces of cheesebread. Oh, still learning, I guess.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #12  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I bought 2 pr. of American Eagle jeans last night. This is the first time in my life that I could fit into their clothes. I just couldn't resist them , when I saw how great they fit.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:41 PM   #13  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle
when I saw how great they fit.
Recognizing that clothes look great on you is also a bit of an NSV!
Old 08-05-2006, 01:15 AM   #14  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

I'm calling this one an NSV. I went to Kohl's tonight and tried on 3 pairs of capri pants. They were all the same size, but different brands. They all fit! I bought all 3 of them.
TribeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #15  
Maybe it'll work this tim

S/C/G: 186/186/135

Height: 5'3"

Its fabulous to hear how wonderful everyone is doing. I hope someday I can post! (im a newbie)
AshleyV is offline   Reply With Quote