30-Somethings - ***week of 2nd September***

View Full Version : ***week of 2nd September***

BigFatBooty
09-02-2001, 05:30 AM
Morning all - I have managed to get the date and the month right today :D

Technically (although it is a day late) it is a new month and as far as I am concerned a new beginning. I have been totally hopeless at meeting the past two goals, but I am up the for the next one and will post on it when I have weighed in on Tuesday. I have not had a terribly exciting week - my work life isn't quite what it should be and I have to admit it is dragging on and getting me down, but I know things will have to get better soon so I will try and remain upbeat and positive. :)

Hopefully I have not started everyone off to a bad week, but I have a special message for Pyria - keep your chin up love, keep posting when you can and don't worry, I am sure everyone of us has been through a pathetic poop stage. I kinda think I may be the Queen of Patheticness with my WW attempts at the moment, but stick with it, whatever is going on, it will soon work out.

To everyone, have a fantastic week :spin:

I have attached this especially for Rabbit - the OP Queen

RoadRunner
09-02-2001, 10:05 AM
Good Morning!!!
BFB-How do U attach those cutsie images?????I agree about starting over..Good luck on weigh in on Tuesday!!!!

Pryia-New month, new week!!!Hope all improves!!!

BIG LOSERS!!!!
Lauren-2.2lbs!!!
Rabbit-2lbs!!and OP!!!!!!

It has been raining for 3 solid days!!!That is better than 100 degrees I guess!!!It just brings the mood down!!Well, Aunt Flo has packed it up and left soo now I have no excuses to get up and move!!!!I read where U only have to increase calorie intake by 300 when U get pregnant, so that is only a yogurt and 2 fruits extra..I really want a baby, but it freaks me out the weight gain part!!I know if it happens, my Diva friends will help me get back on track in 9 months!!!!

Take care!!
Vicki

LBH
09-02-2001, 01:11 PM
Hi All,

Well, yesterday was a total bust!! :( I am trying to get back on track, but today's not looking too good either. We are going over to mom's later and I think we're having pork roast, which will put me over, but I will not let it get as bad as yesterday!!

RR- Sorry to hear it's raining there, but we had our share! It's a gorgeous weekend here, perfect picnic weather...with a sweater maybe! I wouldn't be surprised if it rains tomorrow though, because it always rains on Labor Day here!!

BFB- That's a really cute attachment!! Let's try and meet a Columbus Day goal together!! ...I guess you don't have that Holiday over there either!! ;)

Have a great day all!!

BaileySG
09-02-2001, 07:44 PM
Hi all!

I made my LD Goal!!!! :D Am back up .5, but maybe by tomarrow...

Not a very exciting weekend. Just rebuilding furniture, unpacking etc. Glad to get it done :)

Have made no progress on the aerobics thing, but got a yoga tape. I had a spinal fusion when I was little and have been a big lazy butt for a few years so I am really tight all over and think the stretching will be great. Did it tonight and enjoyed it!

BaileySG
09-02-2001, 07:47 PM
Pyria Sorry to hear you are feeling like a PP. Sometimes our greatet difficulties are actually the moments that lead to great things in the future! Keep your chin up.
BFB Sorry to hear about the gain. Best of luck on the CD goal. Come kick my but if you don't see me on the exercise thread next week (hope I don't have to come kick yours :devil: We can do it!
Rabbit GO RABBIT, GO RABBIT! Yes I like the job OK. I actually liked school, but not my advisor. Wanted to move back to Boston but couldn't really transfer, so.... QUIT;) It's a good thing. I am 5'3" Supertall LOL. I was too thin when I started college (111), but know that I still feel I have a ways to go at 140. Am trying for 135 - will re-evaluate later.
LBH Keep up the planning! You are doing great. Glad to hear about the walk. It is so exciting when you can reach a goal like that! LOL no I was not out kicking puppies! I was saying that I would rather go over my points (or lock myself away in a cellar for that matter) than try to stay OP while having TOM and winding up acting like a lunatic.
RR Thanks! I will try to keep the positive attitude. Are the kids being agreeable with the new plan? Hope so, it sounds great.
Sonya Hope the start of school is great! Are you just beginning your masters? Try not to let those jitters get to ya.
Juldiet I can't find my WW book, but when I find it will try to help with points. Found It!! go see 8/26 food log

RoadRunner
09-03-2001, 09:50 AM
Hello all!!!Well, we have a little sunshine today but not for long!!!!!!Just running around the house with SD#2 dancing to MTV and Barney!!!!:dizzy:

Bailey-Only me and my husband know "the Plan"!!!!My older SD will have a fit soo it is best to have "the surprise"!!She will be excited when she figures out that dad is still her dad and will not leave cuz of a new baby!!!I am also supertall at 5'1!!!!We all know that struggle of being "height challenged!!!!!"That is why the pregnancy thing is scarey cuz I am soo short...I will still hopefully jog and do arm excercises maybe legs with the machines...Who knows!!!!

Lauren--Sweater weather????WOW!!!Work on the OP today!!!It is soo easy to be swayed when the holidays are here!!!
WEll, off to make oatmeal for me and SD#2!!!!She needs her energy for today!!!*L*
Vicki

BaileySG
09-03-2001, 01:33 PM
RR - I was actually talking about "the plan" to put the kids to bed early so you would have time alone, but I can see where "THE PLAN" pops up much easier in your mind! LOL - best of luck with both plans
Bailey

RoadRunner
09-03-2001, 08:08 PM
Hello ALL!!!
Just playing with the computer tonight downloading honeymoon pics!!!!If U want to see some go to www.picturetrail.com and the album is refman2001...
BFB--The pics would bore U since U get to see the great pics in person everyday!!!I am jealous!!!:smug:
Have a great evening all!!!
RR

Juldiet
09-03-2001, 11:21 PM
Bailey, Thanks for posting those points for me. I've never done WW but was interested to see how the points would turn out for me. Thanks!!!

We're back from our St Louis show....it was very good!! I haven't weighed yet will do that in the morning. I'm sure I at least maintained.

I've got to get the kids in the bathtubs. Alex found a pen and marked all over his arms and legs as well as drew 40 lizards (one per page - and I had to staple it into a book).

- jul

BigFatBooty
09-04-2001, 10:18 AM
Hi all!

Hope everyone is having a great day. I have just heard on the news that Kate Winslet (Titanic) is splitting from her husband, they haven't been married long and they have a 9 month old baby daughter. I think it is so sad, I thought they would be one of the couples that went the distance. I don't know if you guys get the magazines OK! and Hello!, but over here the majority of celebrities allow these magazines to have exclusive coverage of their wedding (you must have heard about Posh Spice and David Beckham's "wedding" and Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones). Anyway Kate and her husband refused to allow this to happen, they got married and came out of the church (she wore a lovely Givenchy bridal gown) and let all the photographers take pictures and then they went to a pub to have a wedding reception of bangers and mash and bakewell tart (yum). Anyway, back to what I logged on for...

LBH - I think we should be the "Bust It Babes" - let's challenge each other to stay OP and meet the CD goal :lol:
Bailey - congrats on meeting your Labour Day goal. I too will one day set a goal and meet it!!!! Not quite sure which day that will be though..... I'll kick your butt if you kick mine :devil:
RR - I had to take a peek at the pictures. I guess when you are living in it, you don't really appreciate it, but I have to admit that Hyde Park is a beautiful park, that's where I go and do my skating, along the Serpentine. It is so beautiful.
Juldiet - sounds like you have a budding artist in the making. Let the creative juices continue to flow......

Gotta go for now :wave:

LBH
09-04-2001, 10:28 AM
Hi All,

Well, bowling starts up again tonight and I'm going to try really hard this season to NOT buy dinner at the lanes!! I have a muffin and yogurt with me and I'll have a shake before I leave work to try and hold me over til dinner when I get home. And that will have to be something light, since it'll be around 9:00. Maybe I will try to remember to make a sandwich to bring with me to bowling, so I don't have to eat late when I get home.

BFB- OK, you're on...I WI on Wednesday's, so my last CD WI will be 2 days after CD! :)

Gotta run...

Rabbit
09-04-2001, 12:26 PM
HELLO EVERYONE!

Wow - lots of posts while I was away. I went out of town for 2 days and I did okay. I'm pretty happy about that since that is SUCH a hard time for me. I, unfortunately however, broke my op spell. I went over by .5 on Sunday and 1 on Monday according to my calculations afterwards. So I had 16 days going and shall now strive to beat that! :D

Pryia - Hope you are feeling better and have pulled yourself out of the blues.

BFB - I agree - a new month is a perfect opportunity to start fresh!:) I always see this time of year as the start of a new year anyway, because of the start of the new school year. Thanks for the cool attachment!!!:cool: You are talented! I haven't checked out RR's pictures yet, but you are fortunate to have a beautiful park to do your skating in.

Lauren - a SWEATER!

Bailey - WOOHOO on meeting your LD goal! That is so super!:) I do yoga one night a week and really like it. I think all of that stretching has to be good for me. 135 pounds just sounds so nice.

RR - I think you're right and sd1 will probably be so thrilled after she gets used to the idea of a family addition!:)

Jul - Glad to hear that your show went so well.:smug: Where in St. Louis were you?

Later all!!

RABBIT

**NO EXCUSES**

Juldiet
09-04-2001, 12:37 PM
I wieghed this morning and I'm at 183. I can't remember if I was 183 the last time I posted weight or if I was at 184.5 hmmmmm I may have to go back to last weeks posts and do a little research.

Lauren: Be strong at the bowling alley, lots of high-fat, greasy foods. I love bowling but the nearest 'smoke-free' bowling center is 50 minutes away. There is one only 7 m. from my house but I can't deal with the smoke. I even took bowling in college one 'winterterm' (short 4 week classes over winter break) and just loved it.

BFB: It is so sad that people don't really give marriage a try. We just heard this weekend that some artist friends of ours are divorcing. They design and create wonderful jewelry. They have over a 100 wholesale accounts. Just how do you divorce a business like that????? It actually affected my husband more than it did me. Later he looked at me and told me how he just couldn't run this business without me, that he'd be lost without me. It made me feel very secure and appreciated.

My goal this week is to buy a yoga tape. My body is just all tense and 'creaky'. I think a little 'yoga time' is called for.

- jul

LBH
09-04-2001, 03:12 PM
Hi All,

You know, I ate lunch before I went out to the post office and store purposely so I wouldn't be starving and go to the darn BK in town. Well, I didn't bring extra veggies like I usually do and was still hungry when I got done at the post office. Went into the grocery store and got a nice salad for dinner tonight at the lanes, also got this bagel twisty type thing to go with it. But then I past the freaking Entemann's at the end of the aisle, and those darn choc. frosted donuts killed me. I bought them. I ate one. They're now under my desk, out of my site, and I will try to forget them...at least until tomorrow. But I will still be OP, even with the donut.

DH & I went for a bike ride last night. That thing he bought me for my b-day, that makes the bike like a moped, it's a POS!! I told him to send it back!! The handle that you squeeze to make it go...it's like a brake handle...it fell off the handle bar when I let go and got caught in the front spokes...thankfully I was almost stopped...and bent, and now it doesn't work!! I said, for $140., it's not worth it, I'd rather suffer and take longer to get up the hill and stop and rest if I have to!! He doesn't think they'll take it back, but I told him let me talk to them!! :devil:

Jul- Congrats on the possible loss!! I wish our lanes were non-smoking. It annoyed me when I smoked, and now that I don't, it annoys me even more!! And unfortunately the 3 people I bowl with smoke like chimineys!! They're the kind of people that love to smoke, have forever, and get insulted when other people are annoyed by it. It has just gotten to the point where I stand back against the wall when all three of them are lit up. They try to be a little considerate, like holding it in their other hand if I'm next to them or something, but you know that doesn't do squat! I've never seen a NS alley around here, down in VA I did though. I think they had a bar that you were allowed to smoke in.

Rabbit- Oh heck, if I'm less than 2 over, I almost consider that OP!! The way I've been it almost is!! Try not to be so hard on yourself, you didn't eat 40-50 pts.!! :) And Yes, there have been a couple days of late day sweater use!! Just a light sweater, not dragging out the fleece yet!! :)

OK, gotta get motivated for work!! Man, have I been a slacker lately!!

RoadRunner
09-04-2001, 05:41 PM
Hello all!!!Went to the healthclub and did a bit on the bike and the treadmill!!Sort of tired cuz I was awake late last night but any amount of time is better than none!!!!

BFB--I should post a few more pics since I forgot the actual park names and buildings..Maybe U could identify them for me?????
I remember the Hyde Park name now!!!!:D

Lauren--Congrats on bypassing BK!!I am glad the meat thing is unappealing to me!!It makes fast food restaurants easy to drive by!!!I agree about the smoking at the bowling alleys..It is ridiculous sometimes...My SD is in cheerleading, and the teacher smokes..Makes me nuts since the girls adore her so much..She even hangs the cigarette out the side of her mouth to position them correctly etc..YUCK!!! :mad:

Jul--UR right about the divorces...Sometimes people make it easier to divorce than to work out the problems...I think that is why I waited soo long!!!

Rabbit--U still get the OP award!!!!

I made the best meal last night...Spinach, bell peppers and chicken breast sauteed with garlic and onions...U have to beat the chicken flat for it to be very good!!!It is moist and juicy. REfman said he didnt know he married a gourmet cook!!!:s:
Well, have to go do supper!!
Vicki

BaileySG
09-04-2001, 08:39 PM
Is it really only Tuesday? I know I just had a day off, but BOY does it feel like it should be a friday right now!

Juldiet: I just got my yoga tape and have only done it 3X, but I swear my shoulders are already starting to loosen up. I also find it very relaxing. Hope you enjoy it!
BFB: WOOHOO! Thanks for walkin that mile, I don't think I really have the flexibility right now for but kickin:lol: Keep it up!
RR: MMM, that dinner sounds great. My specialty is mayo IN the tuna LOL. Good thing BF can cook.
LBH: Way to go passing that BK by! The chocolate gets me every time. I find myself actually planning my other meals around my chocolate some days :o Sorry to hear about the bike thing - best of luck with bowling (tough place to be)
Rabbit: Congrats on staying SO CLOSE while out of town!! Think how good beating your 16 day marathon will feel in a few weeks! How long have you been doing yoga? Can you tell a difference in flexibility? I think I am really gonna like it.

Take care all.
Bailey

Juldiet
09-04-2001, 09:20 PM
Bailey, what yoga tape did you get? I'm going shopping for one tomorrow while the boys are in preschool. I'm looking forward to trying it. I used to do the Tae Boe tapes but I think if I tried it right now I'd throw my 'keister' out.

Rabbit, We were at Queeny Park on the southwest side off Manchester. We'll be back for a show in St Charles in 2 weeks and then again in early Oct for Shaw.

- jul

LBH
09-05-2001, 10:11 AM
Hi All,

Feeling really crappy today, Aunt Flo has been wrecking havoc on me for the past few days. :( Feel about 500 lbs. now, and like my insides are gonna fall out. You know how sometimes you get that feeling and you just wanna wear like, jeans or bike shorts or something tight to hold it all in?! I don't think Scalemonster is gonna be good to me tonight, and I believe it's all AF's fault!! I may not have been perfect this week, but I was pretty darn good!

Got a lot to do today...have a good one all!!

Rabbit
09-05-2001, 02:57 PM
HELLO

OK, day one OP!:) :)

Jul - Hope you get your yoga tape! Is that the weekend of the 15th that you'll be in St. Charles?

Lauren - hey, as long as you stay op, it doesn't matter about the doughnut.:) Good luck at your weigh in. About op, I just don't want to go over at all. I'm 10.4 pounds from my ww goal and I SO want to get there.

RR - your dinner sounds great!! Sounds like something I'd really like.

Bailey - let's see, this is my 3rd 6 week session of yoga and I missed most of session 2. Yes, I can already tell a difference in my flexibility and balance.

later all.

RABBIT

**NO EXCUSES**

BaileySG
09-05-2001, 09:05 PM
Juldiet,

It's from living arts called yoga conditioning for weight loss

Bailey

Juldiet
09-05-2001, 10:08 PM
Bailey, I picked up the same one!! Also got the AM and PM pack.
I watched the AM/PM tonight (did a little of it - some of those positions looked a bit scary!). Will watch and maybe try a little of the Weight one later tonight or in the morning. - jul

Pryia
09-05-2001, 11:20 PM
DAY 1 OP!!!!!!! AND I JOURNALED :^: :dizzy: :)

RoadRunner
09-06-2001, 07:31 AM
Good MOrning!!!I get to work later today since I have teacher conference..First time ever!!!!:D

Did the healthclub yesterday and feel sore today...It is weird how just a little more push doing something and U R sore...
I think the yoga would be fun to do..I have no flexability!!!]
We started a new dance class with SD#2..SHe really enjoys it..Kind of made me angry cuz some mothers of "normal" kids got mad cuz my little one is different and sometimes doesnt follow direction in class...This new class is through the park system and it doesnt try to make the greatest dancers in the world..The teacher was great about having a special needs child in the class..It made me feel more comfortable cuz I want her to feel good about herself always....I guess I have truly crossed over into motherhood!!!!:)

We are eating very healthy. It is easy having a family that will eat my crazy meatless dishes and made up recipes!!!

Have a great day all!!!
V

BigFatBooty
09-06-2001, 11:25 AM
...the latest updates to Suzanne and Jennifer journals?

I will reserve comment until the rest of you guys who have not seen it, read it :mad:

Rabbit
09-06-2001, 11:53 AM
HELLO FRIENDS!

2 Days op!:D Weigh in is tonight. I deserve a loss, but don't know if I'm going to get one!

Jul & Bailey - can't believe you guys bought the same yoga tape!:)

Pryia - hooray hooray!!!:smug:

RR - dance class sounds like it will be fun for her - what a great idea!:) You are lucky about the kids' eating.

BFB - I haven't looked at those in a long time. Will check it out.

RABBIT

**NO EXCUSES**

LBH
09-06-2001, 12:51 PM
Hi All,

I just went and read Suzanne and Jennifer's journal entries. I am absolutely applalled at what those people said!! How dare they attack the chicks that way!! If they don't like it, they can go somewhere esle!! I for one am here for the support I get from all of you everyday. I am thankful to Suzanne and the others for starting this site and giving me a place to go to talk to others in my shoes, as well as all the informative links and articles on the site! I don't think there's anyone (in there right mind) that would want this site to go away!! I just can't believe that someone out there would even think to say that to anyone!! Suzanne and Jennifer deserve our support just as much...if not more so...as anyone else!!

Pryia
09-06-2001, 12:53 PM
:( I can't believe how stupid and just down right awful some people are. I wish they would have at least enough balls to say who they are.

Okay before I go off on a tangent....I will let you guys read it first.

I personally support the site. I give a few bucks a month. Not a lot but what ever I may have to spare. Which lord knows is not much. If I would not have come here 2 years plus ago. I found them when they had the route66 server. Would I be heavier than now. I don't know...maybe maybe not. Have I lost weight coming here, YES and I have gained and lost and so on. But I have gained lots of knowledge that I carry with me every day. I have learned more about me and losing weight. It is so much more than just losing weight.

Plus look at all the great people I have met and feel connected to.

Suzanne and Jennifer-Thank you so much for all you have done. And keep up the good work. I am with you 100%.

And after suffering from depression last year. I totally understand how it feels. I am so afraid I may end up back there again. And it is not a pretty place to be.

3FC You are truly loved!!!:cool:

BigFatBooty
09-06-2001, 01:00 PM
Afternoon Ladies
Nothing really exciting to post right now. Hubby is off work at the moment and we are going to Hyde Park tomorrow to get some inlining in - may even be able to post somehting more substantive for my miles this week!
RR nice to hear about the dance classes. Children are so tolerant (usually), it is normally adults who contaminate their minds!
LBH dump those donuts. When it comes to certain foods, I do not have the stop mechanism. Hubby came home yesterday with a tub of strawberry shortcake haargen dasz. I told him I did not want any, he must of thought I was being :angel: but in reality I am a :devil: I ate a tub all by myself when he was out last week and I buried the tub at the bottom of the rubbish!
Pyria good for you for staying OP. I have no trouble journalling, it's just staying OP that's causing the problem
Rabbit good luck with WI
Jul & Bailey don't go turning into Geri Halliwell on us with all this yoga :lol:

Whilst typing this, a couple of you posted about the lastest updates to Suzanne and Jennifer journals. I sent them both a PM message (something I would never have considered before), thanking them for this site and wishing them the best. I cannot believe how selfish, ignorant and inconsiderate some people can be. In the past week I have learnt that although there are many genuine people out in cyber space, there has to be a nasty element which gets enjoyment out of abusing people. There are plenty of sites for that sort of thing, so why do these morons insist of spoiling things for other people. I know I am going off on a tangent slightly, but I visited the Aaliyah's website to post condoloences, and there were people posting the most offensive and abusive comments - what is wrong with some people in this world :mad: :mad: My mum always said, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!

LBH
09-07-2001, 10:57 AM
Hi All,

WI last night was not good, I'm up 2.8!! :eek: I'm sure it's mostly AF though, because it was a bad one this month and I think it'll come off next week. I was pretty darn good pts. wise this past week.

My meeting went really well though, the leader was very energetic, I liked her alot. I think I will be switching to Thursday nights. I didn't get to hear her story, which I like hearing when it's a different leader, and I don't know her name, but she was talking to everyone while we were waiting in line, it was encouraging. I have to rush to get there, but I think it will be worth it.

Gotta run...

Juldiet
09-07-2001, 11:09 AM
BFB: I was afraid that these yoga tapes would be too 'new age' for me but they are pretty mild. I know the movements will be good for me and I can always turn the sound down once I know the routines and play my own music.

So much for my one weekend off. My mom's brother-in-law died yesterday morning. I have to drive to Kansas City and pick up my mom at the airport and then go to Kirksville for the funeral. Its a lot of driving. So I will 'see' you all on monday or tuesday.

- jul

Rabbit
09-07-2001, 12:15 PM
HELLO ALL!

3 Days op!! Woohoo! And it wasn't even hard staying op last night after weigh in. At weigh in, I gained .4 lb. I don't know why, so I'm just moving on. The scale has to be good next week.:)

I read the journal entries also and couldn't believe it. I emailed the chicks.

BFB - I had to laugh at your burying the tub at the bottom of the trash!:lol: I've been known to do that myself, on more than one occasion. And it's really pretty silly, I can't hide the fact from myself.

LBH - sorry about the gain.:( Cool that you have such a great leader though. You get a lot more out of the meetings that way. It's great to leave them energized and renewed.

Have a great weekend all. I'm trying a new ww pie recipe - will let you know if it's any good. Hmm. that reminds me. I think someone asked me for a recipe recently and I forgot to post it. Any ideas?

RABBIT

Sonya
09-07-2001, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone. Well, I swallowed my pride and went back to Weight Watchers this morning. Some of the staff remembered me and they were so nice and welcoming. The bad news is that I've gained quite a bit and have a long way to go before I'll reach my goal. The good news is that I felt very energized and motivated by being at the meeting; it was like going home again. I'm OP today so far and plan to stay OP til the next meeting. I prepaid for ten weeks, so we'll see what happens. One of the staff couldn't emphasize the importance of water enough, so I'm going to really load up on water and see if that helps with my desire to snack. We also got a good recipe for WW Cheese Potato soup, 1 point per cup. I'll make it and let you know if it's good.

Sonya
218/182/150

BigFatBooty
09-07-2001, 01:49 PM
Hi all!

Welcome back Sonya - the most important thing is that you rejoined. We are all in it for the long haul. Good luck and the Cheese Potato soup sounds nice - can I have the recipe? :D

BaileySG
09-08-2001, 12:57 AM
OMMM.....OOOMMMMMM

Just kiddin, it's more like OH @#$%! Had a super long day at work and then my boss asked me to come in tomarrow to go over things I have not finished, so I will be up most of the night finishing them before working a Saturday. So I think "life is good" and I come home and settle down to work and then........THE DOG GETS SPRAYED BY A SKUNK! So now I am really grinning like a mule and having a gay old time while I am trying to coax, drag, throw a 150 lb dog (who by the way is afraid of water) into the bathtub. After about 20 minutes of this struggle (gee, does that count as a mile?) I give up and take the poor guy out and tie him to the tree while I take the hose to him. Feeling like a great "mom", I lathered him up with shampoo, hosed him off again, then doused him with V8. After rinsing, drying and "making up" I figure I can get back to work. Right? Wrong...

After we moved from Salt Lake City, a friend called to say he was moving also and could he stay with us a few weeks while he found work. He would be here from 8/11 to 9/1. "Sure, no problem". Well, tonight, (yes it is 9/7), he gets home at 11:00 with SIX of his friends and they start drinking on the porch. So one of them starts complaining that we don't have beer. Then he starts yelling at the dog :eek:, finally saying he can't have that smelly @@#$% in his face. So I told him he was welcome to leave then, as this was the dog's porch. The "houseguest" got the message and they cleared out. Problem = now I feel guilty for being rude!

So there is my rant. On to bigger and better things (hopefully a little Yoga as well) :)

Juldiet: How goes the Yoga? Which tape do you like best? All I can say is I'm gald I have a brick and a rope... So sorry to hear about your mom's brother in law.
Rabbit: Are you, by any chance, related to the energizer bunny? Don't worry, your hard work will surely pay off on the scales soon. By the way, how tall are you? How do they decide your goal weight at WW? When you are ready to maintain, do you get some extra points? I know nothing :o
LBH: Sorry to hear about your TOM problems - how disheartening!! Don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I am still weighing every week :devil: and here is what my weight did then by day = 161.5, 163.5, 163.5, 165, 166, 164, 162.5, 160:D
Pyria: Congrats!!! You are :smoking:! Keep it up! BE VERY PROUD
BFB: I am so hurt... I AM GERI HALLIWELL. WTG with the exercise.
RR: Sounds like things are going great. How old is your youngest? I bet dance classes are great!
Sonya: GOOD FOR YOU. Just keep thinking "water,water,water,fruit,water,water,water,veggie.. ." You can do it! Best of luck with school next week, keep us posted on how it goes!

Bailey

P.S., On top of that, I have been OP since reaching my LD goal (7 days) and HAVE NOT LOST A THING:(

Rabbit
09-08-2001, 11:18 AM
Hi!!

4 Days op! I went to the farmer's market this am to pick up some things - I love that place!! There is an organic farmer there - I'm thrilled to buy from him.:)

The pie was good - dh liked it also. So simple!

Weight Watcher Pie

1 8 oz carton plain fat free yogurt
1 small package of sugar free jello - any flavor
1 8 oz tub fat free cool whip - thawed
1 low fat graham cracker crust

Mix yogurt and jello. Fold in 2/3 of the cool whip. Spoon into crust. Chill for a few hours.
Makes 8 servings, 1 point each.
**I added fresh fruit slices to the top. Then you have to figure in the points.

Sonya - Hi!:D Hooray for you for taking that big step! Lately I've been trying to remember to drink a big glass of water before I eat to help fill me up. Cheese potato soup sounds good - does it have rotel tomatoes in it?

Bailey - oh no on the skunk!! You should NOT feel guilty!! I think your houseguest is the one who should feel bad. Cute about the energizer bunny!:D I am 5'8". WW bases your goal range on your height. My goal is at the top of the range for my height, but personally I'd like to go lower (I think. I'll see when I get there!). I think they give you some le-way in deciding yourself. I don't know about the maintaining and extra points, but I doubt it! It's so wild how ones weight fluctuates day to day! I've gotten back into the daily weighing thing and I need to break it. Cool that you stayed op all week and like you told me, it's bound to pay off!!

have a fun September weekend all!

RABBIT

Pryia
09-08-2001, 12:37 PM
I am off to the Farmer's Market for corn!!!!! I just love corn!!!! I will end up with some other stuff too.

happyface
09-08-2001, 01:02 PM
Hello friends, (can I still call you that?)

I am sorry I keep going in and out. I hope I can stop back in. I feel badly to keep doing that. It used to be so easy to read and post but it seems much harder to find the time and energy lately.

I have not read for a long time, so I hope to catch up on how you are all doing when I do. I also sense from your posts that something is going on with the 3fc's so I will take a look at the journals to see what you are referring to.

Things are going well here. We are still in temporary housing, which is comfortable and fine for now. We have not found a house yet and that is ok. With school underway we are busy and settling in to our new schedules. My son started Kindergarten on Thursday. (such a big day!!) :) I started back with my kids on Wednesday.

This Monday will be my WW anniversary. Unfortunately I just decided to stop going for awhile. I am above my starting weight and I am going and going but not following the program. On a good note, 2 weeks ago I started a cardio kickboxing class and it is very hard. I can go 3 times a week and it is sure to make a difference in many ways (mentally, physically, as a stress relief). I am looking forward to noticing the benefits of doing this. At this time I have so much more trouble doing the food than the exercise so I am going to put my efforts into this class.

OK, I am going to stop for now. Just wanted to get back in here.

Hello to all my old friends and hello to all the people who are new. I hope to get to know you and be a support to you.

:) Have a great weekend, everyone!

:)dani

Sonya
09-08-2001, 05:20 PM
Bailey, you were having the day from ****! Hope you're feeling better and the dog is back to its normal dog-smell. You need to have a heart to heart with the friend, otherwise you'll soon be calling him Roommate. :)

Rabbit, the pie sounds really good. I wonder how many points it is. I'd guess about 3-4 for an eighth?

Dani, I'm so glad to see you back. Don't worry about coming in and out--I do the same thing and right now I really need the support of the group. The kickboxing sounds like a great way to release tension. You know you're always a friend here.

I'm making bean soup tonight, with smoked turkey. Should be a good fiber-load. I haven't made the cheese-potato soup yet. The recipe I have doesn't have Rotel, but I bet that would taste good, probably better than cabbage, which I like, but not with cheese.

I'll check in tomorrow.

Sonya

LBH
09-08-2001, 07:49 PM
Hi All,

What a busy weekend this has been! Today was the party for my grandparents...65th anniversary and Gramp's 90th birthday!! What a blessing it was to be able to celebrate that. It's not too often that you see two people that have been married that long, and still doing soo well, considerng their ages!! We saw/met a lot of Gramp's family that we didn't know, or hadn't seen in many years. It was interesting. It was nice to see Gran and Gramps having such a good time, being the center of attention. It seems lately at parties/family gatherings they tend to fall into the corners and just observe everyone else. We sang old songs, (Jeepers Creepers, Let Me Call You Sweetheart, and some others), my Uncle read some historical items that he found online about what happened the year they got married. People got up and told different stories they remember about growing up around G&G. It was really nice. DH scanned in a bunch of old pics of them and their kids growing up and blew them up and posted them on foam board that's used for presentations. Everyone loved that and they turned out great!

Sonya- That cheese potato soup sounds good, can you post the recipe? Good for you swalling your pride and going back to WW. I was thinking of pre-paying for awhile too, since the Thursday night mtg. is busy, I'd like to just go in, straight to the scale.

Dani- Great to see you!! Of course you can still call us friends!! Hope you find a house soon. How's DS like Kindergarten?! Do you have a good bunch of students this year? I was thinking about you, because DH's mom just started back this past week too. Good luck with the kick-boxing class, DH and I are going to make a big effort to walk every night this week.

Rabbit- I wish we had a farmer's market around here. There was a nice little one by my mom, and you would think being out in the boonies where we are, there would be one, but not even a roadside stand!! :(

Bailey- Oh you poor thing!! I remember doing that plenty of times with my old dog. She spent a couple nights in the garage because of being sprayed!! And she was a white shepard/husky mix, so washing her in tomato juice was horrible. I used to send her to work with a friend of mine who was a groomer!! As far as your border goes, I would sit him down and lay out the ground rules. This flies, this doesn't, and this is when we need you to be out by...no if's, and's, or but's about it. He'll be lolly-gagging around there forever if you don't!! (Man, did I just sound like a mom or what?! :eek: )

Jul- Sorry to hear about your mom's BIL.

BFB- I can't tell you how many times I've done the icecream hiding thing...and to myself, in my own garbage, before I got married!! I was hiding it on myself, like if I didn't see it, it didn't exsist!! :rolleyes:

Time to go spend some quality cuddle time with DH!!