Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #1  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

Default Home from # 8

Okay ya'll. It wasn't as bad as I had thought. They had to remove my pain patch to put in a 'hickman' port, and they removed the port-a-cath. So incisions just below both collar bones. After no liquids after midnight last night, then showing at the hospital at noon not to be operated on until after 3pm.... I cheated and stopped at sonic for a watermelon slush. (YUMMY) The pain in the left shoulder (where the removal was done) is worse than the right. We'll see if I can sleep tonight... lately I've been up til about 3 am and still getting up early for one reason or another (dogs, or cats crying to be fed, outside, ect). BUT THE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last week (thurs) I weighed in at 206, and today...... 198! I'm under the 200 mark and I can't even remember the last time I was here. Must've been right after I got married (I think I was about 180 then) and that was 10 years ago. Dh told me today as I was getting dressed that my undies are getting 'saggy bottomed' so I need new ones...all I could do was laugh at him. He's so silly. Surgery for next week has been moved up to MONDAY instead of TUES... I mean come on, am I not supposed to have a life outside of waiting for surgeries or what?? They change the day or time on me, it seems like each day! But the sooner the better I guess, right.

Thanks for the good vibes... and I"ll keep you posted on any changes, good or bad!!

Hugs,
Sharmel
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

That is fantastic that everything went so well for you today. Congratulations on that great weight loss. I haven't had WLS but I have read of your progress and subsequent complications. You are so strong.
I am currently waiting on having surgery, my 4th in 14 months. It was very upsetting to find this out yesterday. However, when I am feeling sorry for myself, I remember you and all that you have been through. I wish I could be as strong. Good luck on your upcoming surgery and my prayers are with you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

oh sharmel - it really sounds as if you're making progress towards getting out of all this surgery.

at the very least, you sound CRANKY, and that's always a good sign. what's next week's surgery??? i keep losing track!!!

keep up the great attitude!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:26 PM   #4  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

Jiffy! You always crack me up. When I need a smile you always seem to have written something that puts that smile on my face.
As for being Strong..... I don't see myself as being strong. I see myself as barely making it through somedays. Last night my poor wonderful DH was lovingly rubbing my head as we lay in bed watching tv.... and my response to this was to slap his hand away and YELL at him to quit looking for all my bald spots! Then I started to sob and feel sorry for myself. I wish I could post a pic of my scars, although they are nothing compared to the ones I have on the inside from all of this. They are my battle wounds... I can't call them 'war' wounds yet b/c of course I know this 'war' isn't over yet.
As for next weeks surgery, it's the endoscopic one to dialate my stricture and try to seal off the fistula tract (enclosed leak) I have b/c of the stricture (they think). But he may get in there and not be able to do anything but dialate me.... I guess I'll know Monday.
Thanks ladies for your on going support. I really do appreciate it. I don't know too many people where I live (not too many friends)... so no one but DH is there on a consistant basis for support and encouragement.... But you always are.
Again much thanks,
Sharmel
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 277/134/140

Height: 5'4"

Sharmel,
You are strong....and brave too! I remember in the few weeks after my surgery feeling very sorry for myself. Not long after that I found this site and realized I had nothing to complain about. Some of the folks on here have gone through so much it humbles me.
On a lighter note....about the baggy underwear....about 2 months after my surgery I got up one morning and my underwear fell down around my ankles. I just laughed ...kicked them off...and threw them in the trash. Oh what a joy!! LOL
Good luck on your surgery tomorrow. My prayers are with you.
magi is offline   Reply With Quote