Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies, #84

View Full Version : Home of the Loozing Floozies, #84

4myloves
07-26-2006, 12:15 PM
WELCOME TO THE LOOZING FLOOZIES FORUM!!!

WHETHER YOU'RE A LURKER OR A "FULL-FLEDGED FLOOZIE" YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME TO BE A PART OF OUR FAMILY DISCUSSIONS!

OUR #1 GOAL IS TO PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS, MAINTAINANCE AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. MORE IMPORTANTLY, THOUGH, WE ARE HERE FOR EACH OTHER, TO CELEBRATE, CRY OR HUG (OR OCCASIONALLY SHARE A NICE GLASS OF CHILLED WINE--COURTESY GAYLE--AND A PINT OF ICE CREAM--ALSO COURTESY GAYLE--AND A BEAUTIFUL FLORAL PAINTING, MAYBE ON A TIOLET LID--ALSO COURTESY GAYLE. . . .HMMM. . . . I'M SEEING A THEME HERE!) :devil:

BUT ALAS, BACK TO THE INTRODUCTION, AS AN ADDED INCENTIVE TO LURE YOU INTO OUR FOLD--JOIN US AND WE'LL INTRODUCE YOU TO THE ONLY PRINCESS AT 3FC!

AND, AS ALWAYS, BE SURE TO GO BACK TO THREAD #83 AND CATCH UP ON WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING!

LET'S KEEP THOSE FLOOZIES LOSING!!!!

1oldbutterball
07-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Hi All,
Hope the birthday party is a success.

Well I guess I should start by saying I am a little ,,,no alot down today. I know I should be grateful I didn't gain this week, but I lost only a pound. I wouldn't be upset if I had gone over my points, but I haven't, not once. I did talk to my doctor's nurse today and she said my latest blood work shows my throid is still over-active. I am going up , rather then down. It was 29 last time they checked and was 36 this time. My doctor says 0 to 4 is normal, and she wants me to go in and have it checked again on the 1st of Aug. She did say one thing that made sense,,,,if I hadn't been truthful to weight watchers, I might have gained more. Gosh I guess I should be greatful for small losses.
Okay I will keep going, but trust me it's hard, but enough complaining..
How is everyone doing? I listed my home with a new Real Estate office yesterday and dropped the price$10,000 in hopes that it will sell fast. Later All

4myloves
07-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Chikita,

Don't worry about only losing one pound!! One pound is GREAT--especially with thyroid problems and trying to get your meds straight. Stick to WW even if you feel like it's no use--you will pull through!

We're here for you, Cheryl

Deelite
07-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Chris the party sounds like a blast. The kids are lucky to have someone so creative.

Gayle a tatoo??? What is it going to be? They aren't that popular here, more the belly rings. Ashley has a butterfly on here shoulder. Jay bought it for her for one of their anniversaries.

Shelley you will be able to run. It hasn't been six weeks yet. Give it time. I was talking to someone that has the same thing as you do, she said that one of the stretches that she does morning and night is to hang her heals off the steps for 90 seconds. She said that it really helped.
By the way you are the Exercise Queen and I will be the "Exercise Princess".lol

Janice you are doing great. It is so hard to lose a few pounds when you are so close to goal.

1oldbutterball sorry to hear that you are down. One pound is a great success. Go to the fridge and take one pound of butter out. That is a whole lot. You did well and maybe next week it will be more.

Cheryl thanks for keeping our threads going. Your intro is just too funny. I love it.

Well my hair is still dripping wet from swimming my laps at the pool. I have to jump back in the shower and wash my hair. I forgot my cosmetic bag when. Then I will be having a little siesta and a swim in my pool. Tonight Larry and Dez are going to the ball game so I will go to aquafit to catch up with everyone.

Enjoy your summer day.

Deelite
07-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Oh yeah Shelley you asked about Dezzie's bum......it has healed up nicely minus a big scar but hopefully nobodys looking at that. Poor kid her hamster died on monday. She thinks that everything is dying around her. She had a service for it last night with her friends.....lol Just to funny, thankful she didn't ask me to go.

ShelleyM
07-27-2006, 06:05 AM
Monica-1 lb is great! As long as you stay OP, things will fall into place. I thought an over active thyroid meant that it makes you lose weight. Is it the other way around? Anyway, good luck on getting everything straightened out.

Cheryl-Your intro is too funny! Our Gayle is quite the all around Chickie!!

Dee-Glad you could stop your swimming long enough to check in and say Hi! My sympathies to Dez.

HDStreetBob
07-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Good Morning Floozies!

Dee- sorry about the loss of the hamster, we just had a funeral with full honors for a feral rat found by the dog... even a little cross in my courtyard. Kids are so funny!

Monica- I am on a plateau so I understand your frustration. We will get through this!

I have insomnia and have not slept all night. My husband returns from the ship (Navy) tomorrow, now today and I am freaking out because of all the little things around the house I need to do before he gets here. Not sure why I put them off and tinkered on the computer all day...

I need to work on my procrastination issues!

gdeann
07-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Stella, how long has hubby been away? I didn't realize he had been gone.

Monica, 1 pound is GREAT! Stay motivated and you will see results. Also, with exercise, you will be toning and not show a weekly weight loss on the scale. Shelley bikes and runs miles on end and some weeks she is up with her weight but I bet she was one toned & lean little mama.

Cheryl, you are too funny! Hmmm....funny how when you think of me it is wine & ice cream! Oh, I'm getting a vision.....how about a wine float instead of a rootbeer float???? Sound yummy????

Dee, once I decide for sure, I'll email a pic to you. I want to get one, but I am going to take my sweetie Shelley's advice and really think long & hard about it. Tell Dez I am sending my sympathy over the loss of her little buddy.

gdeann
07-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Meant to say Shelley IS, not was...

Monica, Dee is another example. She exercises throughout the day and watches her points like crazy and she has some weeks with no loss/gain.

1oldbutterball
07-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Good Morning all,
Thanks all of you fo the support. I needed it yesterday!!!! Today is a new day and I will not give up.

Shelley are you doing stretches for your foot. There are some great ones even when you are sitting. I have a friend that does them watching TV.
Dee you remind me of one of my daughters, and her name is Deirdre and goes by Dee. She is always working out at the gym, pool, tennis courts,,, but unlike you she PG and due Sept 1st. Makes me tired listening to all she does.

Cheryl you are so funny and thanks for support and keeping this site going.

HD I let things go too but I think I work better under pressure. Relax and enjoy your husband while he's home. The work will get done later.
Well I am off to trim the yard before it rains, THANKS ALL we will all make it!!!

ShelleyM
07-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Gayle-It is WAS!!! The wine float sounds devine!!

Today was such a whirlwind at school. All the teachers are back in full force, so the principal is her feisty self. Whoa!! My name was being called all day long between the teachers, the AP, the principal, and the custodians!! Why do I let myself get involved in every aspect of the school? The only thing I don't do is teach or work the lunchroom. When school starts I am going to be working 3 days a week from 7-6. I'll be the bookkeeper from 7-3, then co-director of daycare from 3-6. It will be worth it once the money starts rolling in. I need to make those payments on Becky's new car. Maybe I'll be able to squirrel enough away to buy the bike I want. Enough about me.

Stella-Hope your DH made it home okay.

Monica-I do stretches sometimes for my foot. I really should do more. I'm glad you are feeling up today.

I'm going to lay down and watch my recording of Days now. Have a great night!

Lynneye
07-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Shelley, I am a big Days Fan too! I have watched since day one with my Mom!

WW tonight and I lost a pound! So finally back on the losing track!
Very hot here and I can't wait for AC's to be delivered, probably tomorrow! I really hope so!

Gayle, I think that wine float sounds great!

Dee good to see you back around!

Stella, hope DH is home safe and sound!

And Hi to anyone else I am missing!! Now off to cool down and read before bed. Didn't sleep last night so very tired today!

LindaB763
07-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi Everybody,

Haven't checked in lately. Too much going on and keeps me off the computer. Been down in the dumps lately and haven't felt like getting online.

Anyways, I weighed in tonight and was down 1.6 pounds! :carrot: So glad about that.

Keep up the good work everybody!

gdeann
07-28-2006, 01:30 AM
WHOO-HOO to the losers! GREAT JOB!

Cheryl & Shelley are going to keep you girls in line while I'm gone. I would assign Dee, but she is too busy as the princess. SMILES! Staying with business friends tomorrow night then on to see Sylvia on Saturday. The wife of the guy Steve works with likes Sylvia too, so we will be going together. We are probably going to take in a comedy club Sat night. I will be back Monday! LOVE & HUGS TO ALL! Stay out of trouble, keep on lose'n!!!

ShelleyM
07-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Please pray for my family. My dad had a mini stroke last night. They kept him overnight and I am at my mom's right now. My phone wasn't working-I didn't even know it. She tried to call me quite a few times. My cell was in my purse and I didn't hear it ring. By the time I finally heard it, he was able to talk. We rushed over to the house and took him to the ER. This was at 7 last night. By midnight, they finally put him in a room. My mom is a mess. I am going to take her to the hospital, then probably go to work for a bit and then go back. She doesn't drive. She didn't call 911, because she didn't know what to do. I am so scared.

coles
07-28-2006, 08:41 AM
Shelley- I am praying for your Dad and all your family. I hope everything is okay. I know how scared you must be.
Gayle - Enjoy your time with Sylvia, she is amazing. I have seen her in person twice. She keeps you spellbound the whole time you are there.
Stella - Enjoy the time you have with your husband, the work will always be there.
Monica - You have the right attitude, just worry about today not yesterday or tomorrow.
Cheryl - You are TOO Funny, thanks for keeping us going.
HEllo to everyone else out in Floozie land.
Sherry - Where are you??
Janice

1oldbutterball
07-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Good Morning All,

Shelley my prayers are with both you and your parents. I hope that all is better with your da, and that your ma is staying strong.

Congadulations Linda and Lynneye !!!!

I guess HD's hubby is in town and she is really having a GREAT visit.

Gdeann have fun.

Went and got my nails done yesterday, walked a 1 1/2 miles and finished cleaning the shed. Very humid here. Hope you got that air conditioner by now Lynneye.

Have a GREAT DAY ALL !!!!

LindaB763
07-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Shelly,

Sorry to hear about your dad. :hug: I will keep him in my thoughts and send "get well wishes" his way.

Lynneye
07-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Shelley, keeping your Dad in my prayers! As well as the rest of the family. Please keep us posted as you can.

Gayle, I have gotten one of Sylvia's books, but haven't started it. I didn't forget what you told me about what she thinks. I am really interested to read it, but with school starting in a month, I am in the middle of orders and other things for school. Haven't had time to read for fun. I really want to give up sleeping, so I have more time in the day!

Hello to everyone else!! What does everyone have planned for the weekend? It is our "Village Fair Days" here in town, so we will be wandering around and visiting the booths and seeing everyone in town. Small town so fun to go to!

SuzyMc
07-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Good morning Floozies! I feel bad that I haven't been around as much as I would like, but things were really turned upsidedown here this week and I just haven't had much time to spend at the computer.

Shelley ~ I'm sending prayers for your dad and the rest of your family!

Hugs to all my other floozie friends! Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with everyone soon. :hug:

LindaB763
07-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Hello to everyone else!! What does everyone have planned for the weekend? It is our "Village Fair Days" here in town, so we will be wandering around and visiting the booths and seeing everyone in town. Small town so fun to go to!

We have several things going on around our town this weekend (which is VERY unusual) and I hope I can squeeze them all in. This is my birthday weekend so I hope I stay busy. I know there is a huge arts and craft fair. And also the Watermelon Festival. And my favorite western store is having a 50% off boot sale. And I am going dancing on Saturday night. And I'm going swimming on Sunday. And out to eat one day/night this weekend. And .... lawd, these AND's are killing me!!! AND no telling what else I'll manage to get into! ;) :D

gdeann
07-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Shelley, something led me to check the board this morning before I left and now I'm glad I did. Prayers sent sweetie. Thank goodness it was mild, hopefully if there was any damage it has reversed its self and he won't have any serious side effects. I will check back in as soon as we get back to see how things are going. PRAYERS SENT and give your mom a hug from Kansas.

Love to all of you! See ya Monday!

Lynneye
07-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Happy Birthday Linda!! Have a great weekend!

4myloves
07-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Early Happy Birthday Linda!:carrot:

Shelley, I am thinking of you and your parents. I second all of Gayle's wishes. If there is anything I can do for you from a distance :^: please let me know! :hug:

My week-end plans: paper, paper, paper. I have a 10-pager due on the 2nd of August and (of course) I haven't started on it. It'll keep me busy--I plan to go to the ASU library on Sunday and lock myself into a study room all day :) I can't wait!

Gayle, have fun! I wish I could go with you!

Shout out to all my other Floozie ladies! I do keep tabs on y'all, even if I don't always post like I should! :hug:

1oldbutterball
07-28-2006, 11:15 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA

ShelleyM
07-29-2006, 06:41 AM
Happy Birthday, Linda!!

Gayle-I knew you would check in. I was hoping to hear from you. My dad is home now. He has 40% blockage in both carrodid arteries. They said this was a warning and it was good it happened at this point. He was put on Plavix, more Zocor and some kind of stroke medicine, along with all the other meds he already takes. They said he has to really watch his cholestral closely and that his regular dr. needs to get more aggressive with his treatments. Thank you all for the prayers, it means so much to me, since you are all my dear friends. My bro flew in from NY last night, and my bro and SIL from Tampa are coming in today, so I'll be going over to their house for the better part of the day.

My weight was way down, only because when my mom and I finally decided we wanted something to eat, the cafeteria was closed. There was nothing else around except coffee and vending machines. I chose the coffee because I don't do vending machines at all. By the time the cafe opened back up, they told us he would be leaving soon. He was finally out at 6:00 last night. When I got home, I ate dinner and went to sleep, so it would be a fake WI to count my weight today. I'll probably WI on Monday for the true figure.

SuzyMc
07-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Shelley ~ I'm glad to hear that your dad is home! I'll continue to keep him in my prayers as he recovers.

Happy Birthday Linda! :hb: I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Cheryl ~ Good luck getting your paper done! At least you'll be in a nice cool library. It's going to be really hot here this weekend!

Gayle ~ I hope you have a great time this weekend! I can't wait to hear all about it on Monday!

I talked to Travis yesterday...he just got word that he'll be spending the month of August at 29 Palms training reservists, then be home (California home, not "home" as in "here") for 10 day leave and then ship out to Iraq for 6 months. I can't believe that it's time for him to go back already...it seems like he just got back! :(

I'm going shopping at the mall today with a friend (shopping is almost as good a therapy as ice-cream is ;) ). Tomorrow I'll probably have to spend the day cutting lawns again...I wish there was grass that only grew to be 2 1/2 inches long! :lol:

I did weigh-in this morning and I'm happy to report that I'm down 1 pound! Finally the scales are moving in the right direction again!

Have a good weekend everyone!

1oldbutterball
07-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Hi All you Floozies,
Shelley I am so glad your da is on his way to getting better. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.
Suzy - Congradulations !!!Every pound is one less to go. I hope that Travis enjoys his leave and will pray for his save return.

I decided that I was going to start taking measurements once a week,,,,I have a friend that does that and it makes her feel good to see the inches go!!!

I relisted my home last Sunday with a different real estate company and I have a showing tomorrow morning between 10:30 and 11:30 so PLEASE help me think POSITIVE that it will sell. Got a call from the builder of my new home yesterday to approve the granite for my countertops in Arizona. I sent my daughter's in-laws to do it,,,not ready to travel this week.

Hope your week-end's are going well all, esp HD Bob and Gayle!!!!

Later all, Monica

ShelleyM
07-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Monica-I hope your showing is going well.

Suzy-WTG on the lb. lost!! You'll probably be down some more with all that lawn mowing you are doing.

I have to tell everyone how proud I am of Linda, Debi and Cheryl. They have been consistantly working out. I know Dee is also and not posting, but she is a given! If I missed anyone, please let me know because I am still somewhat in a haze over the last couple of days. You ladies are doing great with your belly dancing, biiking, dancing and working out in general!! Keep it up!!

gdeann
07-31-2006, 12:11 AM
Happy belated birthday Linda! I hope you had a blast!

Shelley, happy to hear dad is back home. He is very lucky! Does he exercise? Mom was on zocor for years and could never drop her cholestrol. After her heart attack, she added exercise to her daily routine, cut out salt and tries to eat fairly healthy. Hers had dropped to the point of only needing 20mg every other day!!! Such a little thing as walking 30 minutes a day makes a huge difference. I will keep saying prayers for a quick recovery and I hope his heart blockage can clear up on its own.

Suzy, CONGRATS on the loss! Sorry to hear Travis will be leaving so soon again. Prayers & hugs sent!

Tired tonight...will post in the morning about the events of the weekend.

ShelleyM
07-31-2006, 05:40 AM
Gayle-My mom and dad walk around their complex everyday. Of course, he has only been doing that for about 1 month. He is doing great now. He's going to pickup his hospital records today to take to his dr. I can't get him to not drive. I hope he'll be okay.

I've got to go in early today, since I was not there Friday. Well, I don't have to, but I am afraid to look at my desk. With school starting next week and the open house Saturday, there is still so much to do. On a sad note, the little boy we had been having fundraisers all year long for passed away Sunday morning. He's in a better place now and won't be hurting anymore. He has 2 brothers. Please pray for the Shorter family.

1oldbutterball
07-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Good Morning All,

Shelley - So glad your da is feeling better. Like the group of us trying to loose weight, it is little steps that help us reach are goals, his will come too. I will add the Shorter family to my prayers. There is nothing harder then to bury one's child.

Well the showing did not go well, she was a single mom with 2 small children and said there was to much grass to cut, HELLO I live on an acre. Oh well another one will come along,,,soon I hope.

I did loose this week,,,and am now down 8 lbs. that's a 4lb weight loss this week. YEA !! Maybe the meds have kicked in. Those first 2 weeks were hard not to give up. Thanks for all your support when I was down.

Going tomorrow with some of my lady friends to the casino, in Detroit, on the bus to celebrate my retirement from GM. Gosh I still remember my first day July 2, 1976. My youngest daughter was only 6 weeks old and I was nursing ,,,now she's married. Her da would bring her up to the plant on all my breaks so I could feed her. How time fly's !!

Well have a GREAT DAY all.

Monica

coles
07-31-2006, 08:57 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_23_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA) [/URL] HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.
Congratulations on the weight loss Monica. Way to Go!!
Shelley - Such sad news for the Shorter family, they are in my prayers.
Glad your dad is doing better. What a scare that must have been.
We are having a heat wave here, I spend most of my time in the pool or in the air conditioning
Hello Everyone out there is Floozie Land.

[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb068_ZSYYYYYYYYCA"]http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

Deelite
07-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Shelley I am so sorry that I haven't checked in the last few days. I had a feeling that I should check in incase something happened to one of my friends. I am glad to hear that your Dad is out of the hospital and that meds can help him. Like you say it was a good thing it happened now so that you know what is going on to his body. My prayers are with him for improvement of his health.
I am sorry to hear of the passing of the little guy. It is so hard for a family to lose a child. The shorter family will be in my prayers.
Shelley you have done well considering your injury but I think we are a like that way. We work around it because we are both crazily addicted.

Linda happy belated birthday. You sure had a busy weekend. I hope that you had a wonderful time. Way to go on the pounds down.

Gayle I can't wait to hear more about your weekend. That was nice that you could share it with another couple.
Yes this Princess is just to lazy to stay indoors and post. I haven’t been out this morning yet or I wouldn’t be able to sit here and post this. Once I am outside I don’t want to come back indoors.

Suzy why does it fell like time passes so fast when you don't want it to and so slow when you want it to. Travis is in my prayers for angels surrounding him while he is in Iraq. Great going on the pound lost. I am glad that you have done well on maintaining your weight.

Monica good vibes sent your way forthe right person to cme along and buy your house.The housing market here is just crazy. If you are a buyer you just can’t get there fast enough to put a bid on the house. Not only that the houses go for thousands of dollars more than the asking price.
Wow that is great weight loss. Never give up.I think that it is a good idea to take measurements. I take them every few months. It really gives you the whole picture.
How did your nails turn out? What color did you get? Sherry ( one of the girls that are missing in action for the last few weeks but I am sure she is could be found floating in someone’s pool)has gel nails, they are just beautiful.

Cheryl how did you do with your paper this weekend? Are you the type of person that does better under pressure?

Debbi how was the fair this weekend? I love country fairs. We went to one on Saturday at a town that has its main street on the beach. It had all its rides and vendors set up on the main street. We had a good time and even got a walk in on the beach.

Janice I sent you all our hot dry days. It has been nice for pool weather but our grass is brown. It is just so dry. Poor farmers. Enjoy the heat while we have it.

Stella how long will your hubby be home? I hope that you didn’t fuss too much with the house because what your hubby cares about is seeing you. I know that you wanted everything perfect for him but if you hadn’t slept well you need to take care of yourself so you have energy to visit with hubby.
That was to cute about the feral rat’s funeral. My kid is 20 and still doing stuff like that. lol

Larry’s job has always been stressful and really demanding and busy. He is a really easy going guy. Lately he has been saying things like I am just going to blow at work or he just can’t take the pressure any more. It has been really bad. I finally got him in to the doctor’s on Thursday. For now the doctor will write a letter for his company telling that Larry is stressed and will need to take things easier at work. Since he had that huge increase in pay last summer they are expecting him to work as much as two to three people. They were the ones begging him to stay and offering the increase in his salary with the same job description. If the pressure isn’t take off Larry the doctor is going to have him go on a stress leave. I am worried about him and hope that he will be able to relax more with less of a work load. If he doesn’t he is headed for a break down.

I did have a wonderful weekend. It started off by me going to ww’sfor my monthly weigh in and being down 3 ½ pounds. I don’t know how I did that. I guess being summer and my faithful journaling it has paid off. Last month I was down a pound also. I have maintained for so long that I am surprised by dropping more pounds. I really just want to maintain at this weight but if I go down a few pounds it just gives me some leverage.
Larry gets every second Friday afternoon off so we make a date and go out for a really nice lunch. This Friday we went to the zoo park and had a meal at a high end restaurant over looking a beautiful garden. I had halibut and shrimp wrapped in parchment paper. It came with a mixed green salad with honey lemon vinaigrette, saffron rice and asparagus and carrots. It was divine. After lunch we strolled around the park and into the conservatory. We came back and swam all afternoon to work off the chocolate mint fudge that we picked up for dessert. In the evening we had a lazy night and watched Fire Wall.
On Saturday we drove out to the beach and went out for lunch a restaurant but the water. I had borsh soup (beet soup) with a tossed salad and roast beef on garlic toast. We went and walked around at the fair in town and then headed out to a quieter beach for a relaxing afternoon. In the evening we went to a Huterite colony. We have friends that live there. We strolled around the colony looking at the gardens and came upon them butchering a beef. They held our interest for awhile. Of course we had to go into the steel shop and watch this laser machine cut pieces (the guy worked for Larry) and then we shared a fire with there 5 kids. She has one more on the way. When we left she had a huge box of goodies for us. She had packaged up broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, beans, zucchini, beets, basil, parsley, potatoes, pickled beets, dill pickles, sweet pickles, raspberry jam and fresh buns. What a treat. We will have food to eat for the next couple of weeks. We didn’t get home til 2:00.
The next day I lazily got up at 10:00 to the smell of a mushroom pepper omelet and coffee. What a sweet man Larry is. It was so hot that we just hung out by the pool and tried to stay cool.

gdeann
07-31-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm back home & TIRED! We had a fun trip though! The first night we stayed with friends and spent the evening enjoying fine food & spirits by the pool. The next morning we woke early and made the last hour of driving together to catch the conference. We arrived 2 hours early and people were already swarming the place! The doors opened at 11:00 and I guess there were people there before 7:00 am. John Holland was FANTASTIC! I would LOVE to see him again. Sylvia must of been having an off day because she basically just covered any info you may hear her say on television or in her books. She bounced back and forth and didn't really seem to have a list of things to discuss. The readings she did were very generic, if this would of been my first time seeing or hearing of her, I would not of been impressed. I was disappointed, but at the same time, it is cool to say I went and I did enjoy it.

Shelley, did they call your dads stroke a TIA or something like that? If so, it is usually reversable and the side effects instantly start repairing any damage done. I hope this is what it was. You tell him to get to walking and watching what he is eating. This is serious business and nothing to mess around with. My mom calls me the drill sergeant, so I guess I can come on over to Florida and boss him around too, if need be. LOL!

gdeann
07-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Dee, your life sounds like Heaven on Earth. Would you like to trade for awhile??? My life seems to be a an ongoing cycle of stress! Tell Larry to take care of himself and to understand he can only do so much for the company.

Shelley, prayers go out today to the family. I agree, nothing could be more tragic then losing a child. Heaven has a new little angel.

SuzyMc
07-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Dee ~ I love reading your posts about the fun things that you and Larry do! You two really know how to have a good time!

Janice ~ It's hot here too! In fact, they are saying that it could reach 100 tomorrow...that rarely happens here!

Gayle ~ I'm glad to hear you had a good time even though you were disappointed in Sylvia's part of the show.

Monica ~ Have a great time at the casino! I hope you win lots!

Shelley ~ I'll be keeping the Shorter family in my prayers. I remember you telling us about the fundraisers for the boy and his family a while ago. My heart breaks for them...I can't imagine the pain of losing a child.

Lynneye
08-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Feel like I haven't been around much lately! Very busy. Never made it to the fair, it poured on Friday night, and it was cancelled. Really bad weather, trees down, no power! Sat. we had tickets to see Urinetown at the local theater. Very good and funny play! Really enjoyed ourselves!
Air conditioners came today so we are very happy here!!!!

Dee you really do seem to have a good time! Congrats on the "extra" weight loss!

Gayle, sorry to hear Sylvia wasn't as good as other times! I am still going to get one of her books to read, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I really think I must have lived at that time, or something. I am obsessed and that is why I haven't read Sylvia's books, I am still reading about the witch trials, books I picked up while we were there!

Shelley, that is so sad, to lose a child! Keeping the Shorter family in my prayers! Also, keeping your Dad in my prayers. How is he doing?

Cheryl, are you still in the library? Did you finish your paper?

Monica, hoping you sell your house quickly with this new agent! Did you win at the casino?

Suzy, you know Travis is always in my prayers as well as the rest of the family!

And a hello to anyone else I am missing!

ShelleyM
08-02-2006, 06:05 AM
Gayle-Yes, it was TIA. I don't know what that means. He went to his reg. dr. yesterday, and they said he is fine.

Dee-You sound like you're having a devine summer! Your weight losses have been a nice surprise, I'm sure.

Monica-Great weight loss! Also, congrats on the retirement from GM. That's such a long time to work for the same company. The right person will come along for your house.

Sorry I can't post to everyone. I need to get to work. It is very hectic, what with me playing sec to pricipal this month along with bookkeeper.

gdeann
08-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Shelley, TIA's are basically, mild mini strokes with reversable damage. The body most often begins healing itself immediatly. THANK GOODNESS! On a bad note, a person can have several TIA's leading up to a more serious stroke. It is serious business and your dad REALLY needs to follow doctors orders. It would not surprise me in the least if his blood pressure isn't up too when he goes to the doctor. See what kind of info I can come up with since I deal with aging parents! LOL!

OOOPS! GOTTA GO! I need to be out the door in 2 minutes and I still need a potty break! LOL!

coles
08-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Well everyone I made it through the year of 50. Turning 51 today.

LindaB763
08-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Well everyone I made it through the year of 50. Turning 51 today.
:woo: :gift: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

4myloves
08-02-2006, 02:42 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANICE!!

Lynneye
08-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Happy Birthday Janice!!! Have a great day!

Deelite
08-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Janice I hope that you are Queen for the day, Heck why not for the year. Happy Birthday.

gdeann
08-02-2006, 03:33 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JANICE,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Wishing you a fun filled day with family and all kinds of good stuff!:hb: :woo: :hb:

LindaB763
08-02-2006, 04:27 PM
My birthday was actually awesome this year. I couldn't believe it. I got some really cute/funny/sweet cards. My friend, Connie, took me shopping and I got this really pretty pink and silver bracelet. Friend, Kathy, took me out to eat at a good mexican restaurant and gave me a pretty purple necklace. They sang "happy birthday" to me at the restaurant and we all had to wear the big hats. I sang and clapped along with them. :D

Then that night, my best friend Cindy (along with her son and his girlfriend, and my daughter and her hubby) took me out to eat at The Olive Garden and she gave me $$. Got sang to again! I sang and clapped AGAIN!

Came to work the next day and my friend, Danny, sent me a dozen yellow roses and is taking me out to eat tonight at a Japanese Steakhouse. I'm looking forward to that. They cook the food right in front of you.

I think I managed to stay OP for all my meals. I know I probably used some of my flex points.

Probably going out of town this weekend with my dancing partner, Jackie. He's giving me $$ for my birthday too.

I felt very loved this birthday. :hug:

ShelleyM
08-02-2006, 05:53 PM
:hb: :bravo: :cp: :dance: :flow1: :flame: :gift: :dancer: :woo: :balloons: :lucky: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANICE!!!!:carrot: :hb: :bravo: :cp: :gift: :dancer: :woo: :balloons: :lucky:

SuzyMc
08-02-2006, 07:28 PM
:hb: HaPpY bIrThDaY jAnIcE ! :hb:

I hope your day was special in every way possible and filled with lots of fun and surprises!

gdeann
08-02-2006, 07:45 PM
WOW! I hope Janice has a fun of a birthday as what Linda did!!!

ShelleyM
08-03-2006, 05:40 AM
Okay, I've got a spider story for you. I woke up at about midnight, got up and saw a spider about the size of a hand on the door to the outside of my bedroom. I got up and looked at it, and it seemed to disappear into a crevice in the door. This thing looked like a pet tarantula with huge hairy legs. Mike was in his office, so I ran to get him. He looked all through everything by the door and never found it. I was up all night with the covers tight over me. Now I wonder if I was dreaming when I saw it, and if the tv next to the door made it look so big from a shadow or something. I swear I'm going crazy. I don't think I'll tell the girls about it because I don't know where it might end up in the house if it was really there.

Linda-Wow! What a birthday. You have some wonderful friends to help celebrate you so nicely.

Janice-I hope your birthday was great. Let us know how the day went.

Off to work. Oh, and it looks like we have another hurricane coming, although I think we may be out of the cone of uncertainty this morning.

coles
08-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I had a great Birthday. Lots of cards and cake and a big BBQ.
No getting on the scale this morning, that would be too scary.
We had a bad storm last night. Tornado touched down in a few places around us and lots of damage to trees and power lines.

gdeann
08-03-2006, 09:08 AM
OH MY GOSH SHELLEY! YOU JUST SENT SHIVERS DOWN ME! I am deathly afraid of spiders, large or small. I don't know what I would of done (after wetting myself) I'm sitting here typing and I can feel my heart up in my chest pounding away as I think about it. You are one brave girl! I could of never slept after seeing such a thing. In fact, the movers would be arriving this morning to pick things up while I would be enjoying my continental breakfast at holiday inn. LOL! I could do a search for you sweetie on dreams, but honestly I don't think I can, such it involves "the ugly" Google a search and start typing in stuff. Maybe you can come up with the answer. If it makes you feel better, I'm thinking it must be a dream since Mike couldn't find it. HUGS! BTW: Your not crazy....

Off to enroll Allison this morning (2nd grade) already! Then we have an appointment to see a specialist this afternoon for her teeth. I bet anything, he will have x-ray vision and wipe out what I have in the checkbook! LOL!

gdeann
08-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Stay safe Janice! I'm happy you had a wonderful birthday, you deserve it!

1oldbutterball
08-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Good Morning All,

Gosh I am sorry I didn't check in yesterday, so much going on. Birthdays, Birthdays, Spiders, Tornado's, Hurricane's....

Hope all is well with everyone. Sorry I missed your birthday's. Glad no one was injured in the storms, and everyone is busy.

I lost at the casino, only wish I could loose weight as fast as I did my money, but had a GREAT time. No bites on the house, but no one in their right mind would have been out in the heat we've had all week. Was 103 yesterday, 105 on Tuesday, and is really cool today, about 87 for a high.

Have a GREAT DAY ALL ! ! !

Monica

LindaB763
08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Okay, I've got a spider story for you. I woke up at about midnight, got up and saw a spider about the size of a hand on the door to the outside of my bedroom. I got up and looked at it, and it seemed to disappear into a crevice in the door. This thing looked like a pet tarantula with huge hairy legs. Mike was in his office, so I ran to get him. He looked all through everything by the door and never found it. I was up all night with the covers tight over me. Now I wonder if I was dreaming when I saw it, and if the tv next to the door made it look so big from a shadow or something. I swear I'm going crazy. I don't think I'll tell the girls about it because I don't know where it might end up in the house if it was really there.

Linda-Wow! What a birthday. You have some wonderful friends to help celebrate you so nicely.

Janice-I hope your birthday was great. Let us know how the day went.

Off to work. Oh, and it looks like we have another hurricane coming, although I think we may be out of the cone of uncertainty this morning.

Did you ever find the spider? I'm like you, I'd be sitting there all night long with the light on and a pellet gun waiting for that sucker to reappear AFTER I came to from passing out. I HATE spiders and roaches. I got bitten last fall by a spider and those bites are so nasty. Spent right at $500 on the doctor and have a big scar to show for it.

Yes, I must admit I do have some great friends. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I'm glad I did.

Weigh in is tonight. I hope my birthday celebrations didn't make me blow it too badly.

Does anyone know what you can eat at Chili's and not blow my weight watcher diet too badly? I think they have a "guiltless grill" menu that I can stay OP for. The office is taking me there next Tuesday for a late birthday dinner.

4myloves
08-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Please stop!!

A new thread has been started!