South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/194/140

Height: 5' 7"

Default The Final Straw

Hi, I'm new here, I signed up a year ago then never did anything, and recently due to the success of a friend on SBD I decided to go for it myself. Since about age 12 I've started gaining weight, it's never been much of a problem for me, I've always been happy enough, then about two months ago I started working at a Renaissance Festival, I was part of the street cast which meant very little sitting and resting over a 9 hour day. I thought great, maybe I'll loose some weight. So two weeks ago the Faire ended and eventually I stepped on the scale, only to be shocked that instead of loosing weight I'd gained 13 pounds, finally and for the first time in my life going over 200 pounds. That was the final straw, it was time to go and get that body that I'd always figured I'd pick up somewhere later in life (I'm only 20).

So the very next paycheck (last week) I ordered the book and today have just started, although I know I pulled a no-no by not eating breakfast because I was too tired to go grocery shopping last night. I'm hoping to get down into the 120-140 range, I'd really like to get down to the 120 range but I'm just pushing myself now to loose the 65 lbs to get down to 140. I'm determined to succeed, one way or another even if I have to try 50 different diet plans before I finally reach my goal.

On a different note, I plan to use a video game I bought called Fitness Now, it's sort of like a interactive exercise video, anyone had success with this?

~Angela
Old 07-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And that was the straw that broke the marsupilami's back! What a cute nickname!
to The Beach! Yes, now's the time to do something about getting healthy. Don't wait any longer. I'm sorry I did.
There's lots of support in this Forum so jump right in.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:45 PM   #3  

Good for you for starting! Breakfasts are hard at first if you are not a breakfast eater. I always have a huge time crunch, and phase one is no cereal so you have to be creative.

I would suggest hard boiling some eggs - they keep great and a couple of eggs and a glass of V-8 will get you out the door quickly. I love putting horseradish in my V-8, but it is good with lots of other stuff to zip it up, even lemon juice. I even mash the eggs with a couple of teaspoons of light mayo and some salt sometimes and put them in a tomato - also quick but DELISH
Old 07-25-2006, 09:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!!! I agree with everyone - go get that body now! It's inside of you and worth all the struggle to get there. I regret that I ever fell out of the habbit of taking real care of myself. It's a hard one to get back. We're all here doing it though - one step at a time!!

Athensmomof3 - I'm going to try to egg/tomato thing. It sounds yummy!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:48 AM   #5  

PINK! Do it Do it NOW!!!!! ya young whippersnapper! We'l be here to cheer and help you!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh you sweet young thing! LOL You still have an optimal metabolism! This is a great and healthy plan, and you have found a wonderful group here to help you with your goals.
It must have been a blast to work the Renassiance Faire, huh? Did you get to wear an awesome costume? Boy would my husband love to see me in one of those dresses! ROFL!

You are in the right place! Welcome and be loving and kind to yourself. The last straw might have brought you here, but it's only the beginning of this journey - and YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

This is a great place to be, come join in. Glad to have ya here. The fair sounds like a fun place to be. My DH would love to have me in one of those costumes too, a saucy little wench
Old 07-27-2006, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/194/140

Height: 5' 7"

The costumes are great! Thats one of the reasons I really need to loose some weight, next year I'm going to be nobility and their dresses are a little less flattering on someone my size, If i can get a flat-ish stomach I'll feel much better about it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

~Angela
Old 07-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

South Beach works. I started it 5 days ago and I've gone from 262 to 255.
Closed Thread