Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:10 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Question Newbie to WW's

Hey all,

I'm a newbie to WW's, but not to 3FC's. But I just wanted to know if anybody would be so kind to share with me a couple things?

1st............Why WW's? What made you decide to try it?
2nd...........How do you like it? Is it easy to stay on plan?
3rd............Anything else you'd like to share........

THANKS!
Old 07-25-2006, 02:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

1) WW is basically a sensible, reduced calorie diet. I lose when I follow it at a nice 1.5-2 lb per week rate. You can eat whatever you want. There are no "bad" foods. I have lost 30-50 lbs on WW twice and did not gain until I quit going to meetings ~ or did I quit going because I was gaining?

2) I like it. It is numerically easier than calorie counting and with the free veggies, quite easy to stay on program. It still is a low calorie diet. Which means that while you can get away with a brownie here and there, you can't fit in 3-4 with milk and ice cream. And while pizza is definitely on the menu, you can't actually down 4 slices chased with beer and still stay in your point range for the day. Mexican food is still good, but not with a full bowl of chips and salsa while they fix your meal. It is all about portion size and moderation.

3) My goal - eating healthy and going to WW for the rest of my life. Making it a life time goal is hopefully going to get me out of the losing then slowly falling off the wagon cycle.

Oh, and the lengthy 180's you see in my signature is not the fault of WW and definately not a platue. I have been on three different 1-2 week vacations since June, all involving large quantities of food and alcohol and not dieting a bit other than to skulk into meetings intermittantly. This week I am back on track.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:30 AM   #3  
~Believe~

Hi Thanks for sharing! I surely appreciate it! I'm glad WW's is working for you!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

I love WW. This is the first time that I have ever joined. I was just sick of my current weight and wanted a plan that was well balanced. Allowed me to eat some of the things that I wanted and has some accountability with coming in and weighing in at meetings and staying listening to others and giving encouragement when I can.
I do like this better than trying to count calories. It is all about portion control.
I have learned better about saying no or no thanks to foods or going out to eat. If I go out to eat, I want it to be somewhere with healthy options, which before, I never even considered.
The only week that I have really fallen off the wagon and gained was the july 4th week. I have taken a break from weighing one time and then the following week had lost over 2 lbs.
I find that with the WW and exercising it is a doable program for life. It has made me look at healthy alternatives. One of the main reasons I joined was I was starting to fit into 22's and I thought to myself that the insanity had to stopped and I knew I couldn't do it on my own, I had to have accountability. It works for me!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:06 AM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

1st...........I chose WW as they had a good reputation, have been in business for years, it's not a fad diet and it seemed a sensible plan and I didn't have to buy special food for the plan.

2nd...........I like it, staying on plan is pretty easy if you plan ahead. Also I like the fact that I can eat normal food and can cook meals my DH will also eat. I have friends over for dinner and they have no idea that they are eating a WW friendly meal.

3rd............WW has taught me about portion control, nutrition, exercise, accountability.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #6  

Hey everyone!

1st............I had done WW in the past when I was younger and it worked really well (i was in the 8th grade and wanted to eat what my friends were eating lol) so I decided to do it again.

2nd...........I LOVE WW! lol It is the easiest thing to stick with because you can still eat the foods you love (not as often as you'd like lol) and did I mention it was easy to stick w/? lol

3rd............It's totally one day at a time. I wouldn't worry or think about the next day and just focus on today. Now if your going to plan ahead and use your extra points for the weekend then plan ahead that way but as far as your daily points.....I wouldn't plan.....That's when it starts getting stressful....or for me at least it is lol.

I hope you do amazingly with it and grow to love it like we do! Have a fabulous week!~~Christy
Old 07-25-2006, 03:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I've tried everything (haven't we all?) and WW is the only thing that works for me. Granted, I gained back the 50 pounds I lost on it, but that's because I didn't try to replace emotional eating with something else. That's what I'm working on this time.

Here's why WW works for me and nothing else does: you can eat anything as long as you keep it in your point range. That's it -- the one reason I can't do any other diet. All those diets where you enter certain "zones" where you can only have this or that -- there's just no way I'll stick to that, and I know it. Also, even if I stuck to it for a while, I wouldn't do it forever and the weight would DEFINITELY come right back.

The only thing annoying about WW is that you do have to track points, but that's just reality. I got off track last time because I was tired of counting points and I thought I could just go off for a week or two and still be in control. Food's like any other addiction -- you can't lose control of it without falling back into bad habits. WW is doable for life, as long as you're committed to keeping track of what you eat. You could count calories or track it some other way, but points are the easiest way I've found.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:49 PM   #8  
~Believe~

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and all! It seems like WW's is the way to go for me because I too have a hard time "giving up" certain foods. I think WW's is a way that could help me eat what I wanted, but also help me with the portions and all.

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #9  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

1st............Why WW's? What made you decide to try it?
It seemed like the most straight forward sensible plan.

2nd...........How do you like it? Is it easy to stay on plan?
I like it! I did Core when I first started and lost over 30 pounds with it. Then I sprained my ankle, stopped exercising and thought I could do it on my own. I couldn't, so I went back. Now I'm doing Flex and it's wonderful.

3rd............Anything else you'd like to share........
The meetings are great. I haven't been able to stay for as many as I'd like, but I've been making all my weigh-ins. The accountability helps, and I don't bother weighing myself at home anymore.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #10  

I just wanted to add something lol....honestly the points is the easiest thing that WW has come out with. I did it back in 93'-94' when I was in the 8th grade and having to keep up w/ how much fiber,vegtables,fruits,milks, etc. got exausting lol.....or maybe it was because I was 13 at the time and to immature to stick to it lol.....lol
Closed Thread