Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-24-2006, 10:46 PM   #1  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

Angry Here I go AGAIN!!!!!

Okay, so ya'll know that they wanted another doc to operate on me this AM.... well obviously by this post you can tell that THAT didn't happen. I guess neither he nor I were comfortable with my history and our lack of a 'relationship' for lack of a better word. So they've rescheduled the endoscopic surgery for NEXT week on Tuesday. BUT due to the fact that I'm only on clear liquids (+ 2 oral pills per day... that I gag on, naturally) I'm not getting enough nutrition... SO.... I call MY surgeon and ask what should I do? Stay on clear liquids for another week?? Try to have my port accessed under floroscopy??? Put in a feeding tube?? Or what? Anywho, he called me to say that he wants to remove my port PRONTO and he's gonna put in a central line so that I may resume TPN. This after I was asked if I thought my nutrition was being compromised.... I had to tell him all I take orally is water, no sugar added fruit popcicles, 2-3 oz of apple juice every other day or so... maybe a sip or two of chicken broth if it doesn't make me sick. Does this sound like nutrition to anyone???? ANYWAY, so I go into the hospital here to have my port removed on Wednesday afternoon, and have a PIC line put it... or at least I hope and pray it's a pic line and not a regular central line (like when I was admitted in the hospital, hanging outta my neck!) So this will be #'s 8 & 9 for me. I'm starting to wonder if I should start betting people how many surgeries I will have to endure before I can 1) eat again, and 2) maybe go back to work or resume something similar to a LIFE?!?!?!?!?!

I guess that's all for now.... but you never can tell, that may change again tomorrow.

Hugs & thanks for listening to me vent, yet again.
Sharmel
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:07 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

sharmel - you just go ahead and rant/vent/whine/complain/yell/scream all you want to. what you're going through is astonishing. appalling. shocking.

i'm glad someone is finally paying attention to your nutritional needs - with all that hair you're losing, it's far more than the weight loss. you are getting almost no nutrients at all.

so, please - feel free!!!! we're with you - prayers, thoughts, warm wishes. all the way
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:38 PM   #3  

Boy, the moment you DON'T rant, rage, vent, *****, scream, and act generally offended and pissed off I'll be REALLY worried about you!

I come here ALWAYS looking for your updates Sharmel.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #4  

Oh sweety am sorry to hear that! I don't know what to say but you are in my prayers dear!! >hugs<

D.
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote