Old 07-24-2006, 06:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default hello

Hi guys.
Not much new to report. Just wanted to check in. Abstinence is solid-- 4 months. Food plan is going well. I've upped my running to a mile. I'm finding serenity most days. Somedays I have to work at it harder than others. I've got my meeting tonight, and I'm looking forward to it. My sponsor hasn't been to a meeting in a month...I miss seeing her. She will be there tonight.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi, Marny! I know what you're thinking. Some freakin' moderator fiddled with my avatar while I was gone. I'll change it back in a bit. And I'm going to decapitate whoever did this...

Congralations on the four months, sweetie! That's wonderful. AND your running! I've not run in two weeks, but I'll be joining you again this week. Keep up the great work!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #3  

Hey Ellis!
Great to have you back.

Husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary in San Francisco this last weekend. We had a great time. I went down to the fitness room on Saturday and Sunday and ran 2 miles each day! Wow! The treadmill was much softer to run on. Being in a different environment somehow motivated me. It was great. Today I only ran 1.5 miles, but I know I'll get back up there. I could totally feel the difference on the machine.

I have 5 months abstinence! Woo Hoo. And, last night my mom went with me to her first meeting. I had really been prying about that and hoping she would go someday. She had a great experience. She found people who were open and honest, and going through the same experiences as she was.

Marny
Old 08-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #4  

Thanks, Marny!

Happy Anniversary, hon!! Wow, good for you for exercising on your holiday weekend! You're awesome, girl!
Yes, the treadmill is kind of nice. I enjoy mine, and I like that I can wear any old thing when I go down to the basement to use it.

5 months... you are so strong, Marny!!
That's great that your mom went. I'm glad she had a good first experience.

I'm feeling a little weird. My blood pressure is high for the first time in my life. My psychiatrist took it on Monday, and it was REALLY high. He's concerned because I'm taking Wellbutrin and Fluoxetine (Prozac) combined, and wanted to make sure everything was okay. He took it several times, and it went down a little, but... I took it last night (twice) at a drugstore, and it's still in the high range. I don't know if it's the meds or what, but I'm worried.

I haven't been exercising at all for the last three weeks, and it's finally cooled off here, so I'm going to get on the treadmill this afternoon. And eat right. And I suppose I should see my doctor...
Old 08-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #5  

Hey Ellis-

Yep, go see your doctor. That blood pressure is nothing to wait around with. At the very least, your doctor can check it out and put your fears at ease. Something to do in the mean time...hand it over to God. Let Him care for you and your blood pressure. Let Him worry about it.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #6  

Thanks, Marny. You're so right.