100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (July 24 to July 30)

nelie
07-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Dishy - you had a set back, it is ok. you might need to seek out strategies to avoid them in the future. I have a BF who won't let me buy things, his answer is "we have that at home" if I am tempted by something. I like it though.

On Friday, I did go have pizza for dinner. It was an eggplant, mushroom, tomato, spinach pizza. I also realized that on Friday I didn't eat any meat at all (a miracle for me). I am trying to cut down on meat and thus cut down on saturated fat.

I also went to Red Robin on saturday and had a cobb salad (didn't finish it) with a dab of their honey mustard dressing. I ate one piece of bread that came with it. Not the best choice but I do love their cobb salad :)

Today, the plan is the following:

Breakfast - ultimate meal shake with soy milk, kiwi and banana
Snack - yogurt/cottage cheese mix with 2 strawberries
Lunch - brown rice, turkey/chicken/mushroom burger patty, grilled yellow squash
Snack - carrots with hummus
Snack - black bean salad
Dinner - brown rice, broccoli and fish ?
Snack - piece of dark chocolate

How about you?

SuchAPrettyFace
07-24-2006, 01:05 PM
I had a bad weekend. It started off with a fish fry for dinner Friday night & went from there. Ice cream sundae (this was the half-the-fat ice cream of course!) here, pizza & hot wings there. Then a baby shower yesterday followed by an Italian feast.

This week is going to be difficult as I'm broke. We all know cheap eats aren't necessarily healthy ones. I'm still thinking I can do just fine though. Wish me luck!

today, so far:

2-4 starburst (i am allergic to the oil in these & gave the rest away.)

2 sticks reduced fat string cheese
1 serving low sodium triscuits.

mac and cheese & cheddar veggie burger

pretzels & southwestern ranch dip

puppy chow :(

I can't remember what I had for dinner Monday night. Possibly nothing.

DishyFishy
07-24-2006, 02:13 PM
It sucks being skint, SAPF. I love your positive attitude though! :goodvibes: to you.

It's great that you have something that works for you going on with your BF, nelie. I feel a bit sorry for my hubby because I'm so contrary. :dizzy: I'll want him to play the food police one day, and the next, I'll play war with him when he does! What I really need to do is take responsibility for my own choices. :yes:

I can't seem to shake this restless feeling.... When I'm out, I want to be in, and vice versa. I'll have to be really careful not to fill in this hole with poor food choices.

Hubby and I went to "A Taste of Edmonton" yesterday. I was prepared, having checked out the food on offer beforehand, but I was so chuffed with myself for not even checking out the wine tent, I celebrated with a couple of beers! :lol:

Yesterday's food:

Fruit shake (banana, blueberries, skimmed milk, strawberries, tofu, FF plain yogurt).
cup black beans, tin water-packed lo-so tuna, red cabbage, carrots, spinach.
Beef & Lemon Grass Skewer and Fresh Fruit Kebab. I also had a a few nibbles of some of hubby's choices: Butternut Squash & Maple Cream soup, Chicken Satay, Garlic Tomato Salad, and Potato Pancake.

2 tins beer.

SuchAPrettyFace
07-26-2006, 12:38 PM
yesterday:

1 packet weight control oatmeal, cinnamon flavor
1 tsp peanut butter (last of the jar)
1 tsp clover honey

1 can healthy requests chicken noodle soup
1 light multigrain english muffin (8 grams fiber!!!)
1 tbsp smart balance light spread

6 triscuits
some pretzels
some southwestern ranch dip

puppy chow :(

1 packet ramen noodles.

my usual 2 gallons water

SuchAPrettyFace
07-26-2006, 12:42 PM
today:

2 sticks reduced fat string cheese
1 light multigrain english muffin
2 cups skim

I am going to give away the rest of the puppy chow tonight. I still have a little in another bag, but I'm going to try to be strong. There's nothing like free food that you did not have to cook. :(

Also I think I know how they "reduced" the fat in my string cheese--they give you a smaller amount!!! Same as the "reduced fat" parmesan cheese from Kraft--it's reduced fat b/c the serving size is smaller!!! :dizzy:

Tonight my mom is making zucchini casserole & I am going over there to watch a movie. I will pray for strength. :)

DishyFishy
07-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Also I think I know how they "reduced" the fat in my string cheese--they give you a smaller amount!!! Same as the "reduced fat" parmesan cheese from Kraft--it's reduced fat b/c the serving size is smaller!!!:rofl: Yep. It's like those Lean Cuisine thingies. I always call them Mean Cuisines because they're so scanty in size.

And what the flip is Puppy Chow?!? :lol: Sounds like something you nick out of the dog's bowl!

Check this out:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10726;125/st/20060723/e/since+my+last+ciggie%21/dt/-2/k/b2b8/event.png

I'm gnawing my fingers off here!

jtammy
07-27-2006, 03:02 PM
I hope no one minds if I join in this thread. I'm trying to reduce my calories a bit and I find that I need to do more planning to be able to get them a little lower.

Today
Breakfast
Oatmeal with 1/4 c. evap fat free milk, splenda, cinnamon

Snack
12 bing cherries

Lunch
Grilled chicken
Serving of Parmesan Cabbage
Tomato

Snack
Plum
T. natural PB
2 oz. figs

Dinner
Broiled Parmesan Tilapia
Green Beans with bacon and mushrooms
Tomato
Mashed Cauliflower

Snack
c. sliced strawberries
2 T. whipped cream with splenda

Tomorrow
Breakfast
1 c. fat free yogurt
1/4 c. blueberries
1 c. strawberries
2 T. grape nuts

Snack
apricot

Lunch
Cabbage Rotel Casserole
Green Beans

Snack
12 Bing Cherries

Dinner
6 oz. Roasted Chicken w/homemade bbq sauce
Parmesan Cabbage
Tomato
Zucchini Crisps

Snack
1 c. canteloupe pieces
2 oz. figs
Sugar free fudgesicle

trishn222
07-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Dishy - Congrats on the 4 days cig free. I do know how hard that can be. I have been quit now for 2 1/2 years and don't miss it most of the time anymore. It will get easier.

DollyR
07-30-2006, 07:30 AM
I was looking at the Super Foods and I realised there is moderation needed if high calories are involved (as with everything.) I was surprised to see how many points or calories oats are. I figured they would not have as much fat but then I realized duh....some oils come from grains. I am going to check out the Quaker oatmeal when I get through this box of multigrain cereal.

When I get back to Korea, BF already knows we are going to be eating in a lot and making dinners until I can at least get down to 240. I have to actually make my first mini goal. I have been messing around for too long and kidding myself about eating more because I exercise. I need to make sure if I am eating more it is low calorie and high quality food.

One thing I can say for sure. I have lost my craving for sweets. I do n't get tempted by them when I see them in the supermarket. I know before I would be throwing in a couple of Godiva chocolate bars at the checkout.

I guess I needed to get all this off my chest.