Carb Counters - 100% Commitment...and Your Final Decision to Loose It!

RobinW
07-24-2006, 11:47 AM
I have made decision! I have a plan! I am going to make it work, because there isnt anything stopping me from achieving my goal. All that stands in my way, is myself. I have full control over "myself" and I am going to exercise that control.

I have come from over 300lbs, and have fought the fight, and have been loosing the battle. Control is what I need, not willpower, or lack of desire. I have lots of willpower, its just spuratic, and plenty of desire. So I made my decision, and I am taking my life back and I am going to be fit, healthy, energetic, and be very happy with my choices.

The plan:

Low Carb (Atkins)
Exercise: utilize the gym membership I have to the max.

Once I reach 199lbs, I will incorporate ....very slowly, fruits, and whole grains.

Once I reach 199lbs, I will intensify cardio, and weight training.

I will reach my goal!

Has anyone else made a decision, and care to join me? I will post my menu, and exercise for the day here to keep me ontrack.

RobinW
07-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Today's plan

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ egg salad
Supper~ chicken & salad (with lots and lots of l/c veggies)

Exercise, 30 min cardio

Leenie
07-24-2006, 02:50 PM
You go girl !!! :bravo:

lady_adnerb
07-24-2006, 03:57 PM
It's a scary thing...making this type of commitment. Especially after all the attempts (and failures) I've been doing lately. But it IS time I got serious. Either I need to resign myself to being this size...or I've got to commit to being serious about what goes into my mouth. And exercise. THAT is the main one. More serious about exercise.

So I'm commited to doing more exercise. And working on being 100% LC...and drinking the recommended water.

lilybelle
07-24-2006, 07:39 PM
I am totally committed to re-losing this other lb. and to exercise at least 4 times a week. Here's what I ate today>
BF: 2 eggs scrambled with 2 slices of bacon
lunch: 1 slice deli ham and 1 slice cheese
dinner: home-made meatloaf with LC whole wheat bread crumbs and a green salad with ranch dressing
snack: small slice of watermelon

ilovemike4alwayz
07-25-2006, 10:14 AM
I am with you Robin! I just started induction yesterday and did not cheat once. So I am going to do this with you. Absolutely. I need someone to answer to.

RobinW
07-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Alright!! Im glad Im not alone in this! :lol:

Todays plan

Breaky~protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ egg salad
Supper~ sausages and tossed salad

Buffy0
07-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm with you too Robin.

I too have to fight with my inner-self about eating the right things and not being lazy. I love to workout and love the feeling I get after I do it. It's getting motivated enough to get up and do it! I have a gym membership and live in a flat area -- perfect for walks and running. I have a goal to run a 5k by January!

I have been fighting with myself on this diet since May. On then off, then on, then off again. I keep trying to find reasons to go off -- I eat some sugars and feel awful...not better like I thought.

I will join you too! I'm sick of being over-weight!

RobinW
07-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Yah!! Buffy!! :cb:

Im here too, just been pretty busy. I'll have more time in a couple days to post more.

Hang in there ladies...we can do this!!

RobinW
07-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Today's plan

Lunch~ egg salad
Supper~ chicken thighs and broccoli

Buffy0
07-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Today's Plan:

B: omelet w/ cheese
L: Small salad w/ chicken
D: Ground turkey with roasted veggies

Goal: Drink plenty of water, cut out caffeine and get in at least 30 minutes of exercise.

lady_adnerb
07-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
Lunch: (not OP, but had to eat something fast) a handful of carrots
Supper (the plan): bratwurst (w/out the bun of course) and a salad.

lilybelle
07-29-2006, 11:02 PM
I am back on plan today
BF was a cheese omelet and bacon
lunch was cheese and summer sausage
dinner was low carb steak quesadilla with sour cream
I exercised, walked 1 mile on treadmill

RobinW
07-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Lunch~ dont know :dunno:
Supper~ chicken thighs and broccoli

I think if it doesnt get over 90 today I might make a spinach quiche. :lol3:

Sanibel
07-30-2006, 04:38 PM
This post is exactlyhow I feel today, after waking up to see 204 on the scales. I have come a long way and 10 days of going off plan really hit me hard. I tell you guys one bite of "carby" food leads to the entire portion, leads to a day of cheats....then the next thing you know you havegained weight!

So today is my first day of a clean Induction,hopefully a lifetime will follow, but if I do fall off, I will most definetly get back on.

RobinW
07-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Welcome Sanibel! :welcome3:

Todays plan
Lunch~ egg salad
Supper~ sausage & either a salad or broccoli. I have a new roasted read pepper salad dressing I want to try out :T

RobinW
08-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Today's plan

Lunch~ last of the egg salad
Supper~ some sort of cold salad

Snacks....watermelon!! :T

RobinW
08-02-2006, 02:40 PM
its just too hot :(

I dont want to eat, but I'll wolf down the junk dd has in her cupboard, or 1/2 the watermelon or bag of peaches....of course this all leads to super sugar cravings :dizzy:

Buffy0
08-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Doing great and keeping on the diet!

Today I skipped bf!!! Oh no! I had a crazy morning but I'm getting in an early lunch.

Lunch: Salad w/ chicken
Dinner: Ground beef w/ veggies - stir fry (without the actual soy sauce and sugars)
Snack: sugar free jello w/ whipped cream
Other: Water, caffeine free tea & coffee

Exercise: 30 minute brisk walk

RobinW
08-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Ok, I'll do alot better today!!

Lunch~ egg salad
Supper~ chicken and ceasar salad

RobinW
08-04-2006, 08:54 AM
its amazing what a break in the temps have done for my spirits :lol:

Yesterday I ended up having steak and mushrooms for supper....such a hardship I know :lol:

Todays plan

Lunch~ egg salad...got really hungry, so I added, 2oz cheddar, 2 hotdogs and 1/2 a cuke.
Supper~ I suspect tonight will be chicken ceasar salad (it was :D )

Snacks~ 2oz cheddar

RobinW
08-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Today

Lunch~ 1 hotdog and 1/2 cup egg salad with 1 oz cheddar and a pickle :D
Supper~chicken ceasar salad

Snacks....dont know...I'll add if I have any.

RobinW
08-06-2006, 09:11 AM
4 more lbs gone this morning

Im not sure about my eating plan today....its planned, but I dont know how close I'll be able to stick to it.

The plan....Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ ham and cheese rollups, 1/2 cup egg salad, 1 pickle
Supper~ bbq'd chicken breasts....some sort of veggie (probably broccoli)

RobinW
08-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I ate cake yesterday :( with ice cream :nono:

Im alright so far....but woke up with one of those sugar hangovers.

Fresh start this morning!!

Breaky~ 2 eggs w/cheddar and ham
Lunch~ Egg salad maybe?......yup had egg salad, and a protein/fibre shake
Supper~ chicken ceasar salad

I need to bump up my fibre a bit....Im not sure what Im going to eat to help with that yet.

RobinW
08-08-2006, 09:00 AM
I managed to get thru yesterday without any slipups. I may have eaten too much cheese tho. Well, thats better than cake!! :lol:

Where is everyone that was going to join me?

Todays plan

Lunch~ Im going to try a new recipe I found ...its called scottish eggs
Supper~ Im not sure, I'll have to think on this one a bit.

High C
08-17-2006, 03:22 AM
Robin,

If you continue to post, I'll join you (would insert smilie here but can't seem to find them!)

I'm not on the Atkins diet but will start tomorrow on the CSIRO diet which they call a higher protein diet.

Suzanne

Brandy1324
08-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Hi Robin, i'll join you, i've started my atkins this morning. I really need some supporters to help me along i have no help from dh he dosen't agree with the atkins and neither does my mom, so i'm on this new way of eating all by myself. i'll be posting everyday with you. :carrot:

SW: 281.5
CW: 281.5
GW: 200

Breakfast: 2 eggs, with bacon
Lunch: Baked Chicken w/ some kind of veggie
Dinner: Baked Pork Chops with a salad (walden Farms salad dressing)
Have a nice day keep up the good work....

Brandy

RobinW
08-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks Suzanne & Brandy, you 2 are just what I need to help me get back into things.

I'll pop back later today and post my menu.

Brandy1324
08-17-2006, 10:48 AM
I'll be here to help when ever you need me. I'm so excited to have some buddies to help me out too. good luck everyone, think positive and good things will come....
Brandy

High C
08-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Good morning Ladies,:coffee:

The plan for today is:

Breakfast: high-fibre breakie cereal & low fat milk & an apple
Lunch: salmon and salad sandwich and a latte
Dinner: Beef Provencal Casserole and green bean
Dessert: 150g tinned fruit with custard

Water: Will try for four glasses with squirt of lemon juice

Exercise: Will try for 10,000 steps

The most difficult things will be:
No alcohol
Only 1 cup of coffee
Exercising
No chocolate
No potato chips
Not eating anything I want when I want:dizzy:

Hmm, must think of an alternative list of positive things now!!;)

Have a great day Robin and Brandy.:goodvibes

Suzanne

RobinW
08-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Suzanne :wave:

Today's plan

Breakfast~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ bbq'd chicken salad in a lettuce wrap
Supper~ Im not sure yet, hopefully it wont be chicken again (we are soooooooooooo sick of chicken) maybe a ceasar salad.

I'll get a walk in today, and attempt to get all my water in.

Ive been off program, and eating large amounts of sugar lately. I need to curb the sugar monster.

High C
08-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Good morning,

Yesterday went well but unfortunately I can still taste the garlic in my mouth. Will probably chew lots of chewing gum today to get rid of it.

Today's plan:

Breaky:3/4 c of high fibre cereal with milk and a piece of fruit
Lunch: Chicken and salad sandwich with low fat mayo
Dinner: Chargrilled beef fillet with caramelised onion and mushrooms and a piece of fruit

My 14 ds has his birthday party today, so wish me luck at staying away from the lollies and especially the chips and dips.:devil: His proper birthday was last week so I didn't miss out then.;)

So, Robin, how just curious, how does your body react to sugar? and how much is too much for you?

Didn't exercise yesterday, and won't today. Will probably have to aim for next week.

Have to go to the market now for fruit and veg for the family for the week.

Enjoy your day.:D

Suzanne

Brandy1324
08-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Hello, well didn't get to start my induction yet i have been really sick with a sinus infection, everything taste really nasty to me right now. my dh told me to start when i get over this, so that is what i'm gonna do, i should have lost some weight by being sick not able to eat much. i hope everyone has a nice weekend better then mine. you guys take care and i'll get back on track hopefully tomorrow if not the latest monday.
Brandy

RobinW
08-19-2006, 06:50 PM
So, Robin, how just curious, how does your body react to sugar? and how much is too much for you?

I react the same way an alcoholic or junkie reacts to their poison. Its the very same way for me. Im still struggling, but have given myself a deadline....sunday night at midnight. I will again ban any refined sugar from my system! How much is too much? "any" because I cannot handle it. Ive been to restaurants and eaten something that I didnt think had any sugar, or trigger foods (white flour etc) and within 1/2 hr of eating, Im crazy looking for something to eat, and have major fights with myself to keep myself from eating sugar. So....its not pretty! :no:

Im not going to post today or tomorrow's menu, but I'll pop in for inspriation. Im back to things on monday.

High C
08-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Hello Ladies,

I won't post for today either because we went out for breakie this morning and I did succumb yesterday at my son's birthday party. Can someone actually break a 'diet' after one day? or was that good day merely a precursor of things to come? I'd like to think it is the second option. :p

So will post tomorrow.

Brandy, a sinus infection sounds horrid. Do you often get these? Hope you're better soon. :hug:

Robin, hmm. Given that information you're right in staying off the sugar :( I didn't know that some people reacted so strongly to it.

Bye for now.

Suzanne

Brandy1324
08-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Hello Robyn and Highc! hope everyone is doing okay today, i'm feeling better today,so tomorrow i'm gonna start the induction. I can't wait to see those digets start to fall. My cousin wants me to join Curves with her but why waste money doing that when walking is much better and it's free....:carrot:
It cost more money to make sure that you have everything you need to stay on this diet, why waste more money when walking makes me feel much better then working in a ladies gym...Maybe later on down the road i'll be able to join one and start working out to help tone up my belly and thighs....does anyone else feel the same way i do?
Well i'm gonna go for now. take care everyone and stay positive.....

RobinW
08-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I agree 100% Brandy. I joined the gym this past february...a gf wanted me to join curves too. But I couldnt see paying that kind of money when I could get a full yr membership at a gym, and I could follow any plan I wanted. I had been walking too, the only reason I joined was due to weather. I wasnt getting my walking in because of rain/snow/ice/ Im much happier this way.

Brandy1324
08-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Yeahhhhh!!!! I made it through today with no problems...I know the next 3 or 4 days will be the hardest but i'm gonna make it. I have these visions in my head and i like what i see. i'm trying to lose (mini goal) for 10 lbs by my birthday in 3 weeks....Tonight i'm gonna go for a walk with my pet Scrappy. Well here is what i had to eat today...
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs w/ a protein drink
Lunch: Hot Wings with a Salad
Dinner: Steak with Califlower w/ a protein drinkEveryone take care and have a goodnight...

Brandy

lilybelle
08-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone, I am eating on program and determined to stay at or below my maintenance goal.
BF was a cup of coffee with splenda and LC breakfast bar (3 carbs)
Lunch will be a small chef salad, home-made
Dinner will be LC meatballs with salad and brussel sprouts.
snack will be a plum

Robin, I know exactly what you mean about the sugar. I ran out of splenda 2 days ago and thought a little sugar in my coffee wouldn't hurt. Boy, was I wrong. From that point on, I was having cravings like mad. Absolutely had to tell myself "NO" several times on ice cream and such. I went last night and got some splenda, it doesn't do this to me.

Mindy5936
08-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi Guys, I'm finally back on Atkins after falling off the wagon for months. I think I've finally convinced myself that other carb friendly diets don't work for me. At any rate I'm in for this commitment. I'm going to post my meals from the day before because I don't plan my meals for the day very often ( probably a problem).

Breakfast- Left over LC crab dip
Lunch - Homemade chicken soup
Dinner- Homemade chicken salad
Snack- Whip cream ( I forgot to make the jello)

Mindy5936
08-27-2006, 07:20 AM
I did good yesterday with food but need to focus on water. Here's what I did

Breakfast:Homemade Chicken salad
Lunch: Homemade Chicken Salad ( clearly being to lazy to cook)
Dinner: Steak, Broccoli, Salad
Snack: LC chocolate fudge

lilybelle
08-27-2006, 04:08 PM
BF today was LC breakfast bar
lunch was Cheeseburger pattie and cottage cheese
Dinner will be steak and asparagus with salad

I am determined to drink more water.

nawchem
08-28-2006, 01:30 AM
I love this thread. You all are doing great!!

I lost a good bit of wt and started just maintaining for a while since I seemed so much smaller to myself. I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea. The drs report mentioned 3 times I was overweight. Sad to say I don't know what I weigh buck naked on my scale, will find out tomorrow.

Tomorrow
b: 2 eggs
l: yogurt/ salad
d: fish/broccoli/ butter
more eggs if hungry

walk 30 min/yoga

Mindy5936
08-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Hi All, Yesterday was:
Breakfast:Chicken Salad
Lunch: Suausage and Peppers
Dinner: Chicken Salad ( I'll never make a batch this big again!) and LC cheesecake
Snack: LC fudge.

Lots of junk food today. Hopefully it won't hurt me it's all made from real food at home.

Mindy5936
08-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Hi All, I set a mini goal for myself to do 30 days cheat free. Tomorrow is day 10. Yesterday I ate:
Breakfast: LC homemade cheesecake
Lunch: Green Salad and chicken salad
Dinner: Sausage and peppers

MsChris
08-31-2006, 08:01 PM
Is this thread going to keep going into September? If so, I would like to join in. I am on day 4 of returning to Atkins. I am desperate to lose this weight, and am looking for support online and off.

RobinW
08-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi Chrislyn (I love your name!)

We could start up a fresh thread tomorrow morning. Keeps the threads from getting too big.

Welcome btw :wave: