Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Jul 24/06

Hello everyone. Did a lot of yard work this weekend (again!) It was a sunny here, so DH and I were able to play a lot of golf. We also went to a play on Friday--Picasso at the Lapin Agile. The play was entertaining. The gist is that a young Picasso meets up with a young Einstein in a bar in the early 1900's. There were a lot of funny lines and some strange stuff; it was written by Comedian Steve Martin (need I say more?)

I did all right food-wise. Yesterday I had a large salad for lunch, so dinner was just some snacks and that was it.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi Lisa - I'm surviving the heat and trying to get this acquaintance into some kind of housing and realizing that its hard to get assistance if you are a single white male.

Then again, I am losing my patience for some of his passive agressive behavior.

I weighed up a lb, but I'm happy to say I'm tracking and drinking water and exercised already today.

Other than that, just trying to make phone calls to social service agencies between trying to get my work done.

lala
Old 07-24-2006, 04:52 PM   #3  

lala, I heard that it's been pretty hot out there. Why do you have to make the calls for the acquaintance?

Sorry about the gain; it could be water.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:04 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Many calls to social service agencies. He's basically catatonic at this point.

Sad but frustrating. I can't imagine such deep seeded depression.

I'm doing okay on the eating front today. I'm happy about that. Got my water in and hoping for a low point veggie dinner.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #5  

Hi Ladies,

I think I got onto this site at least 3 times today hoping to post but never got a chance. Mondays are hectic now that I'm taking Fridays off . Anyway it's 9:30 and I've finally got some time to catch up. The weather here has been very comfortable actually it's a little cool this evening...good sleeping weather. We didn't do a lot this weekend. I did finally get to the movies to see Pirates of the Caribbean and like Austin, wasn't that impressed. I thought it was much too long. Didn't do too badly this weekend eating but my weight just goes up and down the same few pounds. I think I need to shake things up a bit and I've been contemplating trying the CORE program. Have any of you tried it???

Lisa I bet the play was funny. I really like Steve Martin. I didn't get to golf this weekend other than a round of mini golf with Lauren and one of her friends

Lala you're a good friend to help out like that. I agree depression can be very frustrating for the friends and family trying to help. I hope he can find a place to stay. Good for you getting your water in, you need to with the high temps you've been having your area.

Melissa I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Austin good hearing from you again. You've been busy!

Hi to Susan hope all is well.

Well ladies the Red Sox will be on soon. Their on the West Coast this week so some late night games. We're going to see them this weekend at Fenway when they get back home. I can't wait! Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:37 AM   #6  

Well, last night after work I had such hopes of doing more work on our yard project, but there was lightning--I don't do lightning. So, instead I watched a Lifetime movie. I like some of their movies.

Pam, I've only heard a few people comment that Pirates is too long. A lot of times the sequels aren't as good as the first one. I'm glad the Sox are ahead of the Yankees (heh, heh). I think lala has tried the Core program; I just couldn't get it, I much prefer Flex.

lala, you've got your work cut out for you with depressed friend. Good luck. Does he take medication for the depression? Good for you for getting your water in and a veggie dinner.

I think Susan and Melissa are on vacation. Hi, Austin and Julie if you're lurking.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #7  

Hi Ladies

It sure is quiet here today, I didn't realize Susan was on vacation too.

Lisa I really have a hard time sitting through a movie that goes over 2 hours no matter how entertaining it is. I must be a little hyperactive . I probably should have waited for it to come out on DVD and then just watched it at home so I could pause it from time to time. I've been reading up on CORE and I'm not sure if it's for me either. I've got a few questions I want to run by someone I work with who is doing CORE and seems to be having success. I was too tired to stay up last night and watch all of the Sox game but they did manage to win! Hopefully they can stay ahead of those dreaded Yankees.

Hi Lala hope your day is going well.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:35 PM   #8  

Pam, I love the pic! You look like I imagined that you would.

I thought Core would be too boring for me.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:52 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Pam, I love your picture!

I guess I'll post mine, but Ernest is sooo much cuter.

I have a busy work day with contractors here from Stennis, so I'll be brief. Had breakfast for dinner but mixed yellow squash into the hashbrowns. Yum.

Must dash and take contractors to cafeteria.

BBL!

lala
Old 07-26-2006, 10:43 AM   #10  
Julie - Stampin Up Demo

Hello everyone
It has been a hetic few weeks and I had not had a chance to post. I look forward to going back and reading all the posts I missed.

I am still maintaining - but I want to loose at least 5-10 lbs more. My eating habits have been pretty good thru this hectic time.

I spend a day last week and took my daughter (who will be a Senior in High School this year) to Toledo University for a look around and little break out sessions on health care in college. I am so glad she is interested in a healthcare job (since I work at the hosptial) 8/10/06 we are going to The Ohio State University. Since she doesn't have it narrowed down to a field of study I have her job shadowing different professions at the hospital. The only thing she knows is she doesn't want a desk job in front of a computer all day.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week and I will try to post more and check in more often than I have the last few weeks.
Julie
Old 07-26-2006, 01:24 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Hectic day here again. Its nice and cooler, but between work stuff, the "friend" with the issues, my lack of motivation when I get home, life is piling up. So much, that even DP decided it was okay to have the cleaning diety come every week this month and next just to get thing cleaned because I have no time.

Sad.

Julie. I'm all for healthcare! Yeah! My parents met at the hospital, my mom was a nurse, my father is a doctor, my brother is a doctor and I avoid hospitals at all costs.

I think I would have loved to be a dietician though.

I wonder how Melissa is doing on vacation? Having fun?

Okay, I have a meeting in 8 minutes.

Tonight we're trying a pork with blueberries recipe. I will post it if it looks successful.

lala
Old 07-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Happy Thursday everyone.

I'm sitting here trying to finish up the east coast of the United States before running out in the sun to go Blackberry picking. I'm making a cobbler for dinner tonight.

Its warmish out.

I just remembered to cancel my plane ticket and hotel for a trip that I was going to take to calgary tomorrow.

Yikes.

Good thing too, I was this close to paying a penalty at the hotel.

Other than that, tired and busy. Happily listening to belle and sebastian while working.

Waving to those we have not heard from!

lala
Old 07-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #13  
si, si signora

Happy Friday!

Have a great weekend all and I'm sure you will all surface again on Monday!

Stay cool, hydrated and have some fun.

lala
Old 07-28-2006, 02:34 PM   #14  

Sorry I've been out of touch. I've been slammed!! It's way too busy at work. I'm sooooo looking forward to the weekend. Last night I just had to have ice cream, so as soon as DH got home from work, I made him gulp his dinner so that we could get ice cream. It was great and we met some people we knew at Moo's Ice Cream Parlor and had a nice chat.

This weekend DH and I are going shopping on Saturday and work on the yard project (never ends). On Sunday we're playing golf with another couple. Hurry up weekend!

lala, how was the Pork and Blueberries? I like blackberries. Good thing you canceled that trip--that would have been bad to pay a penalty. My parents just returned from Calgary and Banff. They were not impressed. The scenery was great, but they thought it was a tourist trap. Also, their timeshare (which are usually top notch) was a dump!

Julie, I like the pic--are you tall? You look tall. Oh, I hope DD goes to OSU--go Buckeyes! 5 pounds isn't much unless you're like me and you have to have ice cream!

Hello to Melissa, Susan (on vacation), Austingal, Pam
Old 07-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies!

Just a quick note here--I'll fill you in more next week

We had a great time--DS #1 did not go with us so it was just the 3 of us--it actually gave us some time alone with DS #2 (14, soon to be 15 on the 4th). We crammed in quite a bit but I have to say I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed with my own pillow tonight!

I enjoyed myself and basically ate what I wanted although I didn't do a lot of snacking. We did a lot of walking (I wore my pedometer) and most days we were hitting 11,000 steps so we got a lot of activity in.

I've missed the boards!

Pam: I love the picture!!

Lala: I know the problems you're experiencing trying to get housing--my mom has been trying to get my brother SS and into housing and it's been 5 years *sigh* He's getting antsy and I can't say that I blame him. Had he not been so stubborn after his initial accident they wouldn't be going through this now. Hope it cools down for you! We had hot, humid weather on vacation and it's supposed to continue here next week.

Julie: Good for you on the maintenance! The health care field is certainly the place to be! DS #1 majored in Sport & Exercise Science and did his internship at a Wellness Center associated with our local hospital and now he's gotten a job there. Enjoy looking at the various schools!

Lisa: Sounds like your weather hasn't been too bad!

Catch up more with you ladies next week. Have a great weekend!!
Closed Thread