Carb Counters - Weekly Chat// July 24-30

View Full Version : Weekly Chat// July 24-30

lady_adnerb
07-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Last week of July. There's NO way I'm going to make the challenge I set out for myself. You'd think 7 pounds would be easily attainable in a month. Doesn't seem to be for me. Then again, I think I've proved to myself that exercise IS the only way I'm going to get this weight off me. So if I SERIOUSLY want to get into smaller clothes and look better (and the main reason---feel better about the way I look!), then I've got to get serious about exercise. And water. lol.
Hope you all had a great weekend!

RobinW
07-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Good Morning

Well, I had a sugar filled weekend :( Not at all what I wanted. On the plus side, my mom came to visit, and we had a great time. We discovered, my dd is now wearing a size 6 ladies shoe! :eek:

Im back op today, 100% until all the weight is off! Im also implimenting my exercise program today, and I will keep my promise to myself.

I almost forgot......I cut all my hair off!! Ive been debating for months, and while my mom was here (she used to be a hairdresser) I showed her the pic I wanted my hair to be like, and chop chop chop, its done!! :lol: I love it! Its going to take about 2 weeks for my hair to relax a bit, as it usually does when I get a drastic change. But it does exactly what I want it to do, and makes me look so much better. I found the long hair was pulling down my face and making me look older. Whenever I pulled it back and up, I looked so much younger......so, shorter hair does the same thing.

Have a great day ladies!

lady_adnerb
07-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Robin: WTG on the awesome plan! And the haircut sounds AWESOME. It must be the season for short hair...because I had gotten mine cut as well! It's shorter than I wanted...but I'm adjusting (with the heat, it's great!) :)

Can't muster the enthusiasm to exercise in this heat. So will have to try to get that in quick (maybe after the AC has pumped out cool air for a while). Off to go get more water. At least I'm determined about THAT!!

lilybelle
07-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Hi everyone. I am back on program yesterday and today. I have lost 1 of the 2 lbs. that I gained over the wedding weekend. I have been making a conscious effort to drink more water. Now, if I could just follow suit with the exercise. Have a gyno appt. in the AM. fun, fun, joy, joy. Maybe I'll lose the other lb. tonite, when I shave these legs. LOL. It must be the season for shorter haircuts, I got mine cut too. I am determined to get back on that darn treadmill tonite. I am having coffee right now to perk me up a bit. This weather is draining me and making me lazy.
I got my new bed delivered today and have to wait for DH to get home tonite to put it together. I sure hope it is comfy, DH is mourning the loss of the old bed and saying how comfy he thought it was. I told him to look at the bright side, at least with the king size, his feet won't hang off and our labrador won't be able to lick his toes at night. LOL, But, then again maybe he liked that.
Good luck to everyone and it's nice to see you all posting.

ilovemike4alwayz
07-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Well i started back OP yesterday, made it through the day just fine. My new goal is 170 lbs. I am going to follow the program that Robin has come up with. When hit 199 then I will introduce fruits. I have to do this. No more messing around. I have been talking to a air force recruiter and he says that he can get me in as long as i get to 170 lbs. then he said that on average people lose another 20-30 lbs in boot camp. pretty crazy. So I am back.

RobinW
07-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Afternoon :wave:

Dd and I have been out shopping all morning. Started some of her back to school shopping. I just cant get over the prices of clothes....and thats ON SALE!! :eek: I told her she had to quit eating, we needed to stunt her growth a bit :lol: I got the "mom!! eye roll"

Well, time to go find something else to do....there is so much I dont know where to start.

Have a great day ladies!

lilybelle
07-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone. I had my gyno. appt. Bad news, she thinks I have a lot of bowel adhesions down in my pelvis and is sending me back to a surgeon. How many surgeries can one person have? I am so tired of being in pain and having surgeries. Sorry to be such downer, I am just depressed over this new finding. Hope everyone else is having a better day than me.
The good news was this doctor asked me if I had Weight Loss Surgery because I am so much thinner than I was when I used to work with her about 5 yrs. ago. I explained that I had not and that I am on Atkins.

Juxtapose
07-26-2006, 09:04 AM
hey ya girlies... :)

I'm still here. Just haven't had much to say. I'm still OP and losing. yay. Even with eating a bowl of ice cream each night. (low carb) lol

I'm trying to keep my carbs at no more than 25 a day. Once I get to 170 I may bump that up to 30.

Keep up the good work all. You can do this.

Mind over the mouth you know. ;)

- Jux
:bubbles:

lady_adnerb
07-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Today is my oldest DD's birthday...she's 14!!!! So of course I've got to make cake. And was thinking of making lasagna seeing how she's been asking for that. Haven't decided if I'm going to stay OP..or celebrate her birthday. Will see how I feel later :) I've got a plan to exercise in a little while. Have to go to the store as the youngest DD wants to get her sis a BD present--makeup! I'm ok with that as long as I get to pretty much pick it out. lol. So it's off to get stuff done :)

ilovemike4alwayz
07-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Well guys I am on my 3rd day and so far so good. Just wish I could get back to the gym or go PT with my recruiter, I just cant seem to drag myself out of bed somedays, but my husband will be home on friday and he will have no problem shoving me out and getting me to go if i tell him to. That is one thing i love about him. Well I checked my measurements and they are down so that is a plus. I am glad. Just hope they keep going. Goood luck with eating today guys.

lilybelle
07-26-2006, 12:39 PM
It sounds like everyone else is doing great. Yeah!
Brenda, my kids have been asking for home-made chicken and dumplings, now that would be hard for me to resist. I have made lasagna twice since starting Atkins and took the whole pan to my DH and his co-workers, but it sure smelled good. Good luck with the cake. I know that on each of my kids birthdays that I made them cake and allowed myself one piece. I couldn't resist.
Juxapose, I love the low-carb ice cream and have it occasionally too.
iloveMike, Congrat's on the measurements, that is always a good thing.

RobinW
07-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Good Morning

Lilly~ Ive substituted the noodles with cooked cabbage leaves :T

Our brochures finally arrived yesterday :dance: It took so long for me to design them, get them just right, and then get them printed!! It was worth the wait, Im very happy with them. Dh and I spent yesterday handing out heaps of them.

Im off to get started with my day....have a good one ladies.

tipsygypsy
07-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Brenda, that's so cool! My youngest stepdaughter turns 14 today. :-)

I hope everyone has a great day. I know I'm feeling really good and optimistic; I'm taking the "100 Cheat-Free Days" challenge, and I honestly think I can do it!

ilovemike4alwayz
07-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Well so far so good ladies. I still have not cheated at all. I dont have the urges to do so. So I am on day 4 and hopefully past all the crappy withdraw feeling days. I hope that everyone has a good one.

pamela_05too
07-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Why when you are doing everything right does your body throw you a curve. Well i gained a half a pound back. It doesnt discourage me though.....but i did alot of exercise yesterday and it just shocks me. But it might be close to that TOM.I am just gonna push forward and hope that i continue losing no matter how little i lose or gain.....because I know that i am getting healthier. And I feel 100% better. I am very excited about starting my new job on monday. I havent worked since hurricane Katrina and its been rough. But now im settled and happy and i cant wait. It finally feels like my life is getting back on track. I hope you all have a wonderful day and Happy dieting. I am here if anyone needs some support or if anyone needs a buddy. I live in the charlotte nc area if anyone wants to get into walking with me. I do most days and i do 2 1/2 to 3 miles. :) :carrot:

lady_adnerb
07-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Ok. Yesterday is gone and now I remember why I went on LC to begin with. I don't miss the bloated-overate feeling!! I felt so guilty about eating that junk yesterday that I even EXERCISED today! :lol: Water isn't the best...but one thing at a time, eh?

Juxtapose
07-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Almost Friday.. whoohoo.

Hey. Curious question. Do any of you feel the fat burning? What I mean is can you feel the heat inside like you're a little stove? I can. lol

- Jux

lilybelle
07-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Robin, I never thought of substituting the noodles for cabbage leaves. I love cabbage and will give this a try.

I went to the mall today and did grocery shopping. I plan to walk tonite.

My son leaves in the morning for his 3 week summer Army training. I am sure going to miss him.

Brenda, remember yesterday was a special day for you and your daughter so don't feel guilty about what you ate. Just, get back on program today. I know what you mean about the high carb food making you feel lousy. That's how I felt after the wedding cake last weekend.

ilovemike4alwayz
07-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Well so far I am still doing good ladies. Tonight my husband comes home for good. He was in the navy, havent seen him in about 6 months. Now the real challenge begins, trying to keep OP with him around, but I am sure that I will be fine. If I am absent from here a couple of days, dont worry i will stay OP, just need some quality time.

tipsygypsy
07-28-2006, 06:53 AM
IloveMike, how wonderful! Congratulations on having him home, and enjoy your time together!!

lilybelle
07-28-2006, 11:33 AM
iloveMike, Congrat's on having your DH home. Have fun and enjoy being with him again.

Idealperson
07-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Happy Friday! I just got back from Washington DC, we ended up staying a few days longer than expected, but it felt good to be back in my own bed last night...I actually am at a new all-time low- down to 155#. When I went to DC I was at 161#, but we did so much walking and the heat was awful...so I drank water all the time and didn't feel like eating!

BUT... this weekend is my in-law's 55th anniversary party and I am making the desserts...ouch! I am making a double wedding ring cake, a carrot cake and something with chocolate, to please all the pallettes!

Even being back home, I can't escape this heat! Thanks God for AC!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!:cool:

RobinW
07-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Sandra!!! Your dh is coming home after being away for 6months!!! I dont expect to see you for quite a while ;) Enjoy having him around. I imagine it will be something to get used to too :lol:

Idrial
07-28-2006, 05:16 PM
hi all! Can I join back in? I'd posted a week or two ago but stopped because I knew I'd be gone 3-4 weeks in August. However, we just got a notebook so as I'm gone I can find wifi cafe's and check in! Son turned 16 and is a sophomore and we knew he'd need to do work on the road a lot so we thought this was a good investment. Hubby's job gives huges discounts for computers so that helps too.

I've lost 3 pounds and this morning for the first time, I "felt" it. My waist felt thinner, my tummy isn't bloated at all, my pants were looser. What a great feeling!

I love that you're talking about lasagna. H and ds have been asking for it and I said I'd make it tonight. I'm going to do the cabbage leaves and see how it goes over. We all like cabbage so it should do well.

Talk to you all later!
Idrial

lilybelle
07-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Welcome back Idealperson and Idrial. Sounds like you two both are doing great.
I have been fretting over starting maintenance about 3 weeks ago. I found the cure for worry over this. I had a stomach virus yesterday passed on to me by my step-daughter and her son. (They thought they had food poisoning). With this 2 bucket flu, I lost 4 lbs. overnight. So, I am now 4 below my goal weight. Not a fun way to lose weight. I am sure it will come right back after I start eating again and taking in lots of fluids. But, it was the lowest weight I have seen on any scale in 28 yrs.

Idrial
07-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Lilybelle, that's an awful way to lose weight! I hope you are feeling much better now. I think I'd rather keep the 4 pounds!! With this heat and then your virus, be careful not to get dehydrated. I can't believe the fluids I'm taking in with these temps. I can't imagine being sick too.
take care,
Idrial

lilybelle
07-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks, I feel better today, just a little weak. I have been insanely thirsty and hungry today after not keeping anything in my system yesterday. I do think the 4lbs. will find it's way home soon. I got up this AM and saw some fresh bananas on the counter and just couldn't resist. I think I needed that Potassium, so I ate one. The heat here is awful. My DH , whom is always the picture of health, is feeling bad working everyday in this heat. I just came from taking him a healthy dinner. I almost always take his dinner to him to keep him from having to eat at Sonic or McDonald's, both of which will make him sick at his stomach in this heat.

lilybelle
07-29-2006, 11:39 AM
I am back to feeling good this morning. I walked a mile on the treadmill last night. My eating was bad yesterday. I ate low-carb foods, but too much of it. I felt so hungry and was out of control. 61 carbs in one day. Now, that is just way too much. I felt like such a pig. I am trying to do so much better today. Sometimes when I suddenly have a good loss, I feel like I am entitled to over-eat that day. It just doesn't make sense.

lilybelle
07-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone. Well the 4lbs stayed off. My capris are very baggy today. I went to some yard sales today. I love to bargain shop. I bought 3 shirts and some hot curlers and spent $3.50. I started to buy a stair-stepper, but the last time I had one, I didn't use it because it made my knees hurt. My DH said he got more exercise moving it each time we moved than I ever did by walking on it. LOL. I am back into my walking routine and will hit the treadmill tonite. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Idrial
07-29-2006, 09:58 PM
way to go Lilibelle! I"m glad you're feeling better too.
I had big temptation today, my favorite Mexican restaurant AND movie popcorn! I resisted and stayed within my limits today. I made myself some coffee tonight to give me 'something' without eating any of the starchy foods I'm craving today. I WILL stay 100 days cheat free!

lilybelle
07-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Mexican Restaraunts are such a challenge for me. I usually get a chicken salad or taco salad and leave the shell. I do miss the yummy chips and cheese sauce. I was faithfully back on program today and walked on the treadmill. Yeah! Lol, I am sitting here drinking coffee to keep me from eating anything else today. It usually works for me.

lilybelle
07-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Brenda, can you tell me about the WATP. Where do you get it? Is it very difficult to do? Is it hard on the Ab's?

Ms Spotdog
07-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Lilybelle - That 141 figure is just.....WOW! Congrats! You are truely and inspiration to all of us. I think of you often, what with all the health issues you have gone thru and all. It makes me realize that we are all a lot stronger than we think!

Kel

RobinW
07-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Have you ever had cabin fever in the middle of the summer??? I was going to take dd hiking to the nature reserve, but because of cutbacks its closed to only special programs. The beach around here is crappy....and Ive got a serious case of missing back home right now. So aside from *****ing about being stuck and hot and sticky, all is fine. Eating is ok, but exercise is horrible. Blah!

Have a good sunday ladies!

lilybelle
07-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Robin, I know how you feel. I found out yesterday that our favorite swimming beach that is only 30 min's from home is closed due to some type of fungus in the water. I am having cabin fever. I want to go to the lake. I am bored and cleaning house just isn't a fun substitute.

Juxtapose
07-30-2006, 06:41 PM
blah, it's hot. hot hot hot. I hate being hot.

Whelp. I'm still on program. And boy have I had my moments of saying "screw it" and almost giving in. But I keep thinking about all those cute clothes and a new hot bod and I'm sticking with it.

The scale has stalled, but I think it's the heat.

Cheers and good wishes all.

- Jux

RobinW
07-30-2006, 11:50 PM
I have a new incentive!!! I want to buy a kayak, and get back out on the water. I want to start hiking again! I want to go fishing and camping again!

Dd and I went on a little hike today....enough to make us want to get out and do more. She goes all the time with her dad....time for her to take her mom :lol:

Enough sitting around the house feeling sorry for myself!