Support Groups - 3 mile chicks

View Full Version : 3 mile chicks

luckyducky
07-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Alrighty then!!!! Here is our new support group, we are the 3 mile chicks!!!! Woooohooooo!!!! Our group is here to support ANYONE who wants to join, as long as you are moving, it is a good thing!!! The 3 miles has been the standard for me to get my one hour of exercise in. AND Ladies (and Gents), just ONE hour of walking has made a huge difference!!!!! In just 2 and a hlaf weeks, I can feel a difference in the way my clothes fit, and one of my co workers even noticed how much my body has changed!!! Talk about motivating!!!! So, let's keep putting those posts up!! Come on!!! You can do it!! Let's keep each other moving!! Keep in truckin!! Put in that disco music and go!!!!!! ( ok that is my favorite music to walk to, but, Queen hass been getting some really good play time too!!!!):carrot: :carrot: Remember, we are there for each other!:hug:

HDStreetBob
07-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Okay- I had to drive all day yesterday (out of town ball game for oldest kid on travel team) and did not walk :( BUT today is another day and I will get out with the kids!

Blueyedblond
07-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh I could do this! I tend to run 2 miles when I get on the treadmill, I dont think I could run the 3rd mile yet but I could walk it!

Count me in.

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Ooops, I linked the thread, and forgot to post in the new one :o I didn't get in a walk yesterday, because I truly needed to rest my knee, but I'm about to go RIGHT NOW!!

I can't listen to music on my walks because unfortunately my route has some streets with no sidewalks. I have to listen for the cars. But otherwise I would. I use the time to get lost in my thoughts.

phantastica
07-23-2006, 12:10 AM
I did the walk to the library today ... 4 miles. :)

luckyducky
07-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Awesome ladies!!!!! I didn't think I was going to get my walk in today, but, I hoofed it when I got home and did my 3 miles in less than an hour!!! It wasn't dark yet!! Wooohooo! I am starting to feel that if i don't get my walk in, my day isn't complete... think I am addicted?:)

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-23-2006, 01:30 AM
I went today!!! AND a stranger waved and said "You look good!!!" And it made me walk even faster!!!

lachae49
07-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Thank goodness I finally found you guys. I just notice the pages to click on to keep reading up to the last post.

It great to see everyone so pumped up about staying on track. Even though I just started walking this week, I too have notice my clothes fitting better. I love it!! Thank you LuckyDucky for keeping us going.

Whenever I have appointments on work days I am not always able to walk. You see, I work 3rd shift and sleep prevails on those days. So, I wasn't able to walk Thursday or Friday. But got in some miles Saturday. Went to the Art Fair and walked and walked. Then walked for another 45 min just looking for the car. Which I didn't mind because I knew I was getting in miles. Today will be the end of my first week and hope to have 18 miles in.

Now I have to go and find how to change my weight tracker numbers.

cya
Lachae49

luckyducky
07-23-2006, 08:21 AM
hooray for you Lachae49!!! AND LOL on the car thingie!!! I am happy to see all of you posting on here, you all motivate me to continue, and I KNOW it will get harder before it gets easier! I also feel that with perserverance and determination, WE CAN do this!!! I am so happy for all of you that are joining us in this walk to feel better ( and look better)! You all are splenderific!!!!!( BTW this is my NEW word of the week! Happy Trails!!!:)

luckyducky
07-23-2006, 11:42 PM
No one checking in today??? The weekends for the next month are jam-packed full for me. I didn't even get one mile in today, but, I was at a horse show all day, so I rode (bareback even, my muscles are gonna hurt tomorrow!!), all afternoon, hopefully, I can get up early enough tomorrow to get my today 3 miles in, and then walk again at night to get the other 3 miles in!! I feel like I am missing something in my life today, and it is cuz I didn't walk!!! sheesh, whoever thought the habit would kick in that quickly!!! Keep it up folks!!! You are doing great!!!!

exquisitern
07-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi all! I love your thread. I try to walk everyday. If it's too hot, I pop in my Leslie Sansone videos and hoof it with her. I am doing 6 miles every morning and I try to do another 3-5 miles in the evening.
It has really beefed up my weight loss this past week and especially with me sticking to my diet more. I do WW for weight loss and weigh in on Thursdays. I lost 3.2 lbs this past week.
Luckyducky: I know what you mean, when I miss walking I constantly thinking how I can fit it in.
Lachae: Congratulations on the 18 miles.
Last week I logged in around 57 miles, between going to the park and doing walk videos. I'm going to have to buy stock in Leslie's company! lol
Anyway, good luck to everyone and I really like this thread.

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-24-2006, 06:03 PM
I am doing 6 miles every morning and I try to do another 3-5 miles in the evening.

WOW!!! 6 miles? I've been walking for over a year and I don't do 6 miles!!! That's very impressive!!! WTG!!!!

I walked today!!! The sun was SO hot, but I still walked. I keep shedding time off my walks too: today I did my 3 miles in 42 minutes. I'm going to add another half mile soon.

exquisitern
07-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Wow, 3 miles in 42 minutes. If I walk/jog I can do it in 42 minutes and it's pushing it.
I started out just doing just 1-2 miles. I like to walk outside, but if it's too hot, then I do the walk videos.
Leslie Sansone has on her 5 mile video. one is a 10 minute mile, a 12 minute mile and the others are 14 minutes. She keeps you moving and I usually use 2 lb weights on at least 2-3 of the miles. I'm going to move up to 3 lb weights at the end of the month.
I find it to be very addictive. The more I do, the more I try to do. Right now I am tired of the 180's so I'm trying to work hard to get below 180.

luckyducky
07-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Way to go ladies!!!!!! And gents, if you are reading, feel free to chime in anytime!!! This goes for anyone, doesn't matter what you do as long as you keep moving!!! I NEVER thought I would be walking 3-4 miles each day and 3 weeks later, I just think about walking!!!! whooo hoooo!!! I felt bad about missing yesterday, but, family and life does get in the way, my brother is home from Iraq on his R and R and I really wanted to see him and visit with the rest of my family. But, today I moved my butt!!!! It was really humid but, Queen totally rocks for walking!!! I live right on a state trail, so I don't have to worry about motorized vehicles, just bikes sometimes sneak up behind me and scare the bejeebers out of me!!! Anyway, keep up the splendiferous work!!!! I am looking forward to being motivated by you all also!!!! You all are truly inspiring!!!! Let's keep it moving!!!!

HDStreetBob
07-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Did my 3 miles in the mall- I really do not like the mall but we needed to get out of the house :)

exquisitern
07-25-2006, 11:16 AM
I know about those bikes, they do come up on you before you know it. The park that I do most of my walking on does not allow bikes, only walkers/runners/joggers.
Here lately most of my walking in indoors with the Leslie Sansone videos.
I did 9 miles yesterday and 6 this morning. I'm trying really hard to get the weight off while it's summer and I can get out more.
Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day. Pick up those feet and get moving!
Also HarpoChicoGroucho, you have had an awesome weight loss. Boy, Way to go! :carrot:

phantastica
07-25-2006, 11:25 AM
I had a crappy experience walking the other day. First of all, I don't live in a very walking-friendly neighborhood. It's not pretty (mostly commercial), and even the neighborhoods show little pride in ownership. I did manage to map out a few routes ... 4 miles round-trip to my library, and 3 miles if I do a big loop. As I was walking the loop one day, four punk teenagers walked by me and the boy made a "fat lady" expression at me with his arms out and puffing up his cheeks! He was no skinny himself, and neither were the two teenaged girls he was with! Whatever, I wanted to slap him.

Anyway, I'd rather walk somewhere else, on some pretty trails somewhere, but it's so inconvenient to DRIVE somewhere just to walk.

exquisitern
07-25-2006, 11:51 AM
You know it pisses me off when you're trying to do something for yourself and you have these idiots out there who are trying to get some fun at another person's expense.
When I walk, I hate to say it, but I don't look at other people or listen. If they speak, I usually will say good morning or something. My focus is on my walk and my accomplishment on how fast or how far I was able to go. I always have to remind myself of who's program I am working. I see alot of people who walk/run/jog ten times better than me, but it doesn't help me any. When I jog and I do get this big butt moving, I just tune out around me and focus on the jog and not what other people are thinking or seeing. I know people watch me, because I have had other people speak to me and saying wow, I can't do that. If someone is smirking or saying something about me behind my back, I just don't notice. I don't have time for that bull! This time it's all about me!!!
Anyway, sorry for the idiot children. I know they thought they were funny, but I know how you feel.

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-25-2006, 12:58 PM
I had a crappy experience walking the other day. First of all, I don't live in a very walking-friendly neighborhood. It's not pretty (mostly commercial), and even the neighborhoods show little pride in ownership. I did manage to map out a few routes ... 4 miles round-trip to my library, and 3 miles if I do a big loop. As I was walking the loop one day, four punk teenagers walked by me and the boy made a "fat lady" expression at me with his arms out and puffing up his cheeks! He was no skinny himself, and neither were the two teenaged girls he was with! Whatever, I wanted to slap him.

Anyway, I'd rather walk somewhere else, on some pretty trails somewhere, but it's so inconvenient to DRIVE somewhere just to walk.

Most teenage boys are complete IDIOTS. He was probably showing off because of his friends. Don't let them get you down. Be proud of yourself.

phantastica
07-25-2006, 01:02 PM
As soon as I got home, I told my OWN fifteen-year-old son that he needs to never - EVER - make fun of an unfit person trying to get fit. I don't think he ever would, as he sees my struggles with this firsthand and it's his personal mission to be as healthy as possible in every capacity.

HDStreetBob
07-25-2006, 03:08 PM
What a total jerk- Do not let him get you down- you are doing this for yourself. Bad karma to him- may he get on the insulted side tenfold!

lachae49
07-25-2006, 06:15 PM
WOW Equisitern! I can't even run 3 miles in 42 mins (of couse I have never tried) Good for you!! Just the motivation and goal to keep me going. HDStreetBob keep up the good work where ever you walk, just keep doing it.

Luckyducky how great it is for you to be able to have your brother home for a visit. Give him a BIG THANK YOU for all he is doing in Iraq. God Bless Him.

So far so good this week. Put in seven miles so far. Plenty more to go. One successfull tidbit, I was able to figure out the weight tracker and have lost some weight, now I just need to keep it going in one direction... to the right, to the right, to the right!! I have a trip to Chicago coming up in September and would love to be down at least 10 lbs.

Have a good night everyone

lachae49

lachae49
07-25-2006, 06:31 PM
(I really have to learn to click on the next page.)

Phantastica you did the right thing not slapping the crap out of that loser kid. My God woman you have lost 63 pounds!!!! I am so impressed. I am struggling to lose two pounds a week. What else are you doing to help you lose? I know my downfalls are sweets. I have gotten better. Are you on WW? Fill me in what else helps you lose.

lachae49

phantastica
07-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Thank you, Lachae! I loved your comment/compliment. :)

I'm in TOPS ... an inexpensive, weekly support group. And, OF COURSE, 3FC has been tremendously helpful.

The very first thing I had to do was remove as many stressors and energy suckers from my life as possible, because I knew weight loss would be harder than quitting smoking. I addressed a few toxic relationships, learned about boundaries with family/relatives, and switched jobs.

I do a lot of research, a lot of reading. I try different techniques to keep it interesting ... Mediterranean Diet, using a pedometer, I've read almost every diet/health book on the market, etc. When I stagnate, I try something new to shake it up. My latest has been SuperFoods Rx and using fitday.com.

OH, and I drink a lot of water ... 64 oz a day ... and I eat 4 servings of vegetables (at least) a day.

I am a very sedentary person, and I desperately need to work more activity into my life.

Stevi-rocks
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
OoooOOoooo I wanna join! I have been walking for about 9 weeks now. I am up to a jog/walk intervals for 3.3 miles. So this is perfecto! The fastest I can walk the 3.3 is 50 minutes. I really enjoy the outdoors but lately I have been heading to the gym due to the heat. Yest I could only get through 2 miles at 3.5 mph because of pain in my foot. I did and hour of weight training though! I've only been jogging a short time and in that time my feet are still trying to adjust. I have the special running shoes and all now so I'm just taking today to recover. I found that adding 3lb arm weights to my walk has really helped with the wiggalie jiggalies.

luckyducky
07-25-2006, 10:39 PM
WOW! Is it ever hot out today!!!! And humid!!! Got my walk in, ( kept telling myself just a couple more feet, that is the only way I could do it today). But, it sure feels good to be done with it, knowing I am doing something good for me!!!!
Stevi-rocks, welcome!!! Come on in!!! The water here is fine!!! Loads of inspirational folks to be motivated by!!!
Phantastica, so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, I want you to know personally, you are one of my inspirations, you have done so well, and I certainly hope you are impressed and pleased with the hard work you have done so far!!! I know I am certainly impressed by you!!! I always believe, what comes around, goes around, and it will happen to the people who are unkind... sometime, I don't even have to be around to see it, I know it will be...
Lachae49, thanks for your thoughts regarding my brother, it was great to see him ( and the rest of my family), he looks good and he seemed in good spirits, it will be tough to know he has to miss the rest of the holidays with us until next April, but, like all things this too shall pass... he is a nice guy, and one of my personal heroes.
The rest of you, thanks for keeping me motivated, and accountable, I feel I have to post on here and let you know that I have done my exercise for today and this is a GOOD thing. Otherwise, I would have just lounged around this evening, being lazy and tired, now, I feel rejuvenated and ready for the battle of the bulge once more!!! Hey, y'all have a tiggerific evening!!!!! Keep posting, and keep on truckin!!!!!:):):)

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-25-2006, 11:11 PM
I got my 3 in!!! And the weather was pretty nice!!! But I had to maneuver around sprinklers 4 times!!! I did walk through them a bit, to get a mist, but I didn't want to get soaked. Aren't people supposed to water their grass in the mornings? Why would someone water at 7:00 p.m?

phantastica
07-25-2006, 11:35 PM
I did NOT get my 3 walking miles in, but I biked for 5 miles. I stepped outside to walk to the library and it started raining. I knew I could make it there quickly via bike, but I didn't want to walk. So ... hopped on the bike, but it never quite rained heavily, so I rode a few extra miles.

exquisitern
07-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Good Morning all!
I've been doing the inside walk video's lately, just because it has been so hot outside. I walked 3 miles last night and 6 miles this morning. I weigh in on Thursday, so I'd like to see a 2-3 lb loss.
Stevirocks: I'm trying to incorporate jogging in my outside walks. In a 6 mile walk, I try to jog 3-4 miles. The first time I tryed to jog when I was at 215, my body went into total rebellion. I have osteo arthritis in my joints and I could hardly walk for about a week. I just started back and I have advanced very slowly and so far so good. I have 5K walk with the American Diabetes Association on September 23rd. I'm trying to research local 5-10K walks in the Mid-South area so I can go. By the way, a 5K is equal to 3.1 miles. My future future aspiration is when I get below 150 lbs, is to try and run. I just have to see what happens.
Phantastica: Wow, you have had a great wgt loss. I try to keep up my water intake too. I like to think it helps, I've heard some say that they don't and they still have a good wgt loss, but I think the water is probably good for me anyway. It also sounds like you have done a lot of positive things in your life and I commend you for that. Congratulations on biking 5 miles!
Lachae: Congratulations on the wgt loss and 7 miles!!!
HarpoChicoGrocho: LOL about the sprinklers! Sometimes if I'm hot, I try to maneuver to the sprinklers and not away!!
Anyway, everyone have a good day and this is such a supportive thread. I'm glad I found it and everyone here. Take care and keep on moving!

Amany
07-26-2006, 01:05 PM
THANK GOD I FOUND YOU!!!!

I'm really determined to step up my exercise plan. I do water aerobics on Mon, Wed and Fri. But I this week I decided to incorporate Leslie Sansone's 3 Mile Fat Burning dvd on Tues, Thurs and Saturday. Posting here will keep me motivated.

Lucky - Bless you for starting this. What a fantastic idea. You have so much enthusiam. I hope it rubs off on me!

Exquister - I'm a Leslie Sansone fan too. I have a 2 mile, a 3 mile and her pilates dvd.

Harpo - Your weightloss is impressive. What motivation for me! BTW, I think a stranger yelling at me would make me walk a little faster too. And consider some pepper spray! lol

exquisitern
07-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Amanda: Welcome! I know that since I stepped up my exercise, it has really helped with the weight loss. I do WW and it helps me to stay accountable, along with this great site.
Congratulations on the 5 lb weight loss and working to increase your exercise.

I am somewhat addicted to the Leslie Sansone videos! lol. I have a gob of them but the ones I use the most now are the 3 mile walk video, 5 mile walk video and a 4 mile one that is divided in 20 minute segments of 1 mile and then 2- 1 1/2 mile segments. They keep me going, though I do like to get outside when the weather is a little cooler. I have also started incorporating weights and try to use 2 lb weights on at least 2 of the 6 miles that I do in the morning.
Take care and good luck! and Keep moving!

phantastica
07-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Exquisitern - thank you! I'm not sure why water works, but I know it keeps me full, gives me that hand-mouth gratification I used to get with eating and smoking, and it's a constant reminder of my efforts.

I'm going to try my three miles again tonight, this time on foot instead of on bike. :)

I have Leslie Sansone too, but it's rather inconvenient to do them at my home right now.

exquisitern
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Phantastica: Yes, I always try to drink a bottle or glass of water before eating something, especially if it isn't time to eat. I try to plan out 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. My snacks are usually fruit or a cup or two of low point/calorie soup. It really helps me.
I do alot of the videos because I can't get away from the house all the time with my 8 year old daughter. Also, I'm an early riser and since I can't leave the house to go walk, I just do it in the living room. I do like it when I can get out and walk. Today it wasn't too too hot and the wind was blowing so I went to the park on my lunch break and walked three miles. I was sweating a bit when I got back, but it felt good.
Good luck on your 3 miles, I find the more I do, the more motivated I am to do more.

luckyducky
07-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Uffda ( my Norwegian heritage popping in...) is it ever hot out today!!!! I want to walk, I know I will feel good when it is done, but, I am thinking that walking any time soon is not going to be conducive to my health.... Perhaps, I am just procrastinating... Hmmmm what to do, ok, if I havent walked yet, I think I should wait til more in the evening, and walk as much as I can. I wish I had some of Leslie Sansone's videos with me right about now, ( I wrecked the only one I had when my vcr ate it, health food you for know, for the VCR!) Anyway, Ladies, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are all doing soo well!!! My IDOLS!!!!! I am really psyched about this exercising stuff!!! I wish it wasn't so blasted hot out!!! Let's keep each other motivated!!! Keep on truckin!!!!!!!

Amany
07-26-2006, 10:10 PM
I ended up doing the Leslie Sansone 3 Mile today instead of water aerobics. I love water aerobics so much, but I couldn't bear to subject my skin to the chlorine again. It's becoming inflamed. But the important thing is that I had a good workout. I'll check in with you chicks tomorrow. ;-)

luckyducky
07-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Oh yeah baby!!!!!!! This walking FEELS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't tried it in a while, JUST DO IT!!!!!!! It was so hot earlier, I highly doubted I was going to get my hiny out there to do my walk, but, this evening, it cooled off enough for me to not only walk, but walk 3 miles with speed and power!!!! Did it in less than an hour, and that is terrifical for me!!!!! Come on ladies!!!! We can keep doing this!!!! We are motivating and inspiring each other!! Keep those posts coming!!! Love hearing (ok, reading ) about you!!!! Keep on truckin!!!!!

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-27-2006, 12:43 AM
I did my 3 miles tonight!!! It felt great, and I'm going to add another 1/2 mile soon (I almost did tonight).

Does anyone do hills? I do a mile of hills on my walk. It gets my heart rate up pretty good.

Stevi-rocks
07-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Ok so maybe I'll have to take today as well...My foot is still not so good. Should be ready tomorrow. You guys are rockin'...I just joined and have reported no exercise....kinda makes me feel a lil lame. TOMORROW!!! Foot or no foot...I shall return VICTORIOUS!!! :D

HDStreetBob
07-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Okay I am here to fess up- I have not walked and also hit a plateau and am not loosing weight either. My own fault and it is likely that had I walked I would have lost.

I will try and work a walk in today... it is a very very full day but I will make an effort.

exquisitern
07-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Way to go Amanda, Luckyducky and HarpoChicoGroucho! :carrot: :carrot:
Stevi: I hope your foot gets to feeling better. What a bummer. :(
HDStreetBob: Here's you a little Will Power Dust to help! :dust: Hope it helps, remember the first step is the hardest, it's all down hill after that!

I walked 2 miles and jogged 1 mile at lunch yesterday, then I did 3 miles with Leslie last night. This morning I got up at 5:00am and went for a 2 mile walk/4 mile jog. It took me about 90 minutes, about 15 minutes a mile. It's got me pumping. I weigh in today. I hope I lost 2 1/2 or 3 lbs.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Keep up the hard work.

luckyducky
07-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Ok kids, check in time!!!! I have my 3 miles in today, by hook or by crook, it was dark when I stepped into the house, but, by gum, we got'er done!!!!!! This weekend is going to be challenging, I am on call and have to be within 15 minutes of the hospital, so, I have to map out a route that I can do when I am on call. I WANT to keep on walking!!! Even my 13 lb loss is noticed by some of my coworkers!!! And just think how toned my body must be getting!!! YOU CAN DO IT TOO LADIES!!!!! Just get up and move!!! Even if it is for 5 minutes, that is 5 minutes more of movement than you would have done!!!! Come on and join us!!! WE are having fun doing something that is good for us!!! ( at least I am...:) ) I hope to continue reading about your successes, and inspirations!!!!! I am totally committed to my new way of life, and I hope to help inspire you all also to make a commitment!!!!!!!!

Stevi-rocks
07-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Ok. My hiatus is over...I hope. You never know when PAIN will strik apparently. I walked my 3.3 miles with baby Boo in the jogging stroller. That thing is kinda cool! Adjustable handle, mp3 adaptable speakers on board, have my water in a fingers reach, weather gaurd...It was our 1st ride out with it. Logan slept most of the time. I felt like the stroller was slowing me down but I made my usual 50 min mark. Geuss it just felt slower. I'm walking again tomorrow and prolly even the next day. I'll try jogging next week just to be safe and I will alternate days walk then jog, walk again etc... (BTW thats how I hurt my foot initially) The walking did feel too easy if you know what I mean. My body is ready to run...now if it would only inform my feet......

exquisitern
07-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Congratulations Stevirocks and Luckyducky!!!!!
I lost 4 lbs this past week!!!!
Walking rocks!!!
Boy, I am pumped! My sister was mad at me, because now I weigh less than her. I had a NSV and can fit into my 16R Jones New York jeans! I hadn't been able to do that in about 3 years.
Keep up the work ladies!

Stevi-rocks
07-28-2006, 12:54 PM
ROCK and ROLL Exquititern!!! 4 lbs! Damn...That is just fabulous. You really deserve it bustin' hump like you do!
Lucky~ Compliments can be a great modivator...Congrats!
I lost 2 lbs as of this morning!! Wooo Hoooo! Might be 3lbs due to the ineffiecency of my crappy scale but I take the highest average of 5 weighs. 3 said 220 two said 219...so I'll OFFICALLY be in the teens next week. That was a lil mental mini goal I had so I'm excited.

luckyducky
07-29-2006, 01:20 AM
WWWoooooohoooooooo!!!! Skipidee dooda!!!!!!!!! ( or however you say it), I just finished 21 days of walking!!!! ( 3 miles, so 21 x 3 =63 miles since the 8th of this month!!!!! ( yeah, yeah, had 3 pause days in there ) had to call the hospital, make sure there was nothing "cooking" ( I work in surgery), so I could walk. and you know what? There are scary things out there on the trail in the dark!!! ( perhaps in my imagination more so..., who knows?) But, I can tell ya for sure, it sure makes for a record time WALK!!!!!! Sweatin up a storm here, at 11:15 at night, but, man does it feel good!!!! I am so happy I met this challenge and goal!!!! Come on everybody!!!! If I can do it, you can tooo!!!!! Go out get wet ( from sweat that is!!! Figuratively even!!!!!!!)!!!! You will love it!!! I am sure of it!!!! keep on truckin!!! You are all doing so well already, you are all my inspiration, motivation, and accoutability!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-30-2006, 12:32 AM
After missing 2 days in a row, I got my 3 miles in tonight!!! And I plan to tomorrow as well.

I LOVE your new avatar, Stevi. You remind me of Shirley Manson. I bet you get that all of the time . . . Congrats on the 2 pounds!!!

luckyducky 21 days of walking is fantastic!!! I didn't keep track, but I missed a few days, so I know it wasn't 21 days this month. BUT, since we are having a forum wide "challenge" in August, I'm going to get my 3 miles in EVERY DAY.

exquistern Congrats on the 4 lbs (and size 16)!! I wish I weighed less than my skinnie minnie sister, but I doubt I ever will.

I went a bit overboard on the eating (birthday party & out to eat a couple of times), so I doubt I'll have a loss for weigh-in tomorrow.

Let's all walk tomorrow, chicas!!!!

Stevi-rocks
07-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Well I was lazy today...I have no excuse...I just didn't wanna work out at all. BLAH!!! BUT I am down 3 lbs like I suspected! Weighed myself 8 times this morning...219! Yee ha! I'm in the teens! On to the low 200's. Then ONEDERLAND!!! I was having a serious craving today so I set aside some carbs and calories for one of those Smart ones desserts....OMG!!! The sugar about killed me! Like it was stinging my mouth...I think. Hopefully someone will KWIM. I haven't had sugar in months. I ate half of it and threw the rest out. NO BUENO.
Marx Bros~ Thanks! Yeah I hear that a bit...only she's super skinny! I got my gig pics back a couple days ago amd just got them on the computer last night. My Avatar is one of the better ones. Congrats on your walk!
Lucky Ducky~ Is it me or are you super chipper?! Your posts are so energetic!! it must be all the exercise! WTG!!!
K..It is ON tomorrow...I'm gonna do 4 miles damn it! :D

luckyducky
07-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Atta girl Stevi!!!!!!!! My posts are purposefully chipper, I am determined to inspire others just like me ( ie: couch potatoes), to get out and move!!!! If I can do it, I KNOW everyone else can do it also!!!!
HGC-We are having a forum wide challenge?
Tell you what though, the exercising does help my attitude!!! AND it gives me MORE energy!!!!!! I am normally a low key, passive type person, but, I DO try to have an upbeat attitude. Anyway, I haven't walked since Fri night, i freely admit it, I am oncall for surgery, and worked all blasted day yesterday, didn't even see my horses, I am also doing chores for some friends of mine this weekend, and I didn't even see thier horses either, just checked the water and hay, and watered their dog, then took care of mine, I have a sick mare, and I am trying to keep a close eye on her. Was out this morning, the working outside and the sweat was just pouring off me!!! And it wasn't even 700 am yet!!! It is going to be another scorcher here today!!!! Will walk tomorrow, when I am off call. Ladies, keep up the splendiferous work!!!! You are all doing so well!!!! My heroes and inspirations!!!!!:):):)

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Why do I get the feeling that sometimes announcements get missed on here? I know sometimes I miss them . . .

Here's the announcement:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcement.php?f=201

phantastica
07-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks for posting, Harpo! I did NOT see that, and I'm all over these boards.

exquisitern
07-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Luckyducky: Congratulations on the 63 mile! Way to go girl!!!!
HarpoChicoGroucho: Thanks for posting the announcement. With my sister, though, she is 3 inches taller than me and 15 years younger than me. So I still have a ways to go. At the same weight as her, I wear a size larger than her. So, I can hardly wait to wear the same size or smaller size.
Stevi: Congratulations on the 3 lb weight loss. Woo-hoo!!

I walked 7 miles yesterday and so far 4 miles this morning. I'm going to try and get another 6 in today.
Everyone take care and hope you are having a great day!

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-30-2006, 03:38 PM
I did something CRAZY ~ my three miles in 100 degree weather (well it was 96 when I started and 100 when I finished).

And this is what I looked like when I got done:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Zhoulune/th1d7cre2.jpg

But I was safe and brought lots of water with me and kept hydrated. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the darn sun. And it was breezy too ~ it was actually nice in the shade and when the wind was blowing.

Is there a fine line between insanity and dedication?

exquisitern
07-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Harpochicogroucho: I have had to wonder that myself lately. I did the same thing as you the other week. A friend from work happened to see me and she got all over my case for being out in the heat, but like you, I was hydrated, there was a breeze, parts of the park I was walking in was shaded. I think as long as you take care it was ok. I figure you probably do 3 miles in 40 to 50 minutes. (I'm just guessing, you may be faster). So that's not too long to be outside.
Anyway as long as you feel good, I don't see the harm.
I just finished walking/jogging 4 miles here at work. I can walk inside on my job on weekends when it's quiet and noone bugs me or cares.
Good for you, keep up the work!
Donna

Stevi-rocks
07-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Just finished my 4.5 miles in 78 minutes. I jogged about a mile collectively, I'm still afraid of aggravating my foot. It was a lil tender at first but then nothing. I'll go for 1 1/2 mile jogging tomorrow with longer stretches. The humidity is killer...it was 92 degrees and misting when I left and by the time I got home the sun was blistering (I'm sooo fair, I hate it)
Harpo~ You look good all sweaty! That hair must be super hot.
Exq~ You are really goin' for it! 10 miles in one day is more than I can handle, Phew! Makes me tires just thinkin' about it! WTG!
Ducky~ Sorry about your time restraints. Gotta be **** havin' a real job! :D

exquisitern
07-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Stevirocks: Congrats on 4.5 miles. Glad your foot is feeling better. I know you're glad.
As far as the walking, I find it is somewhat addictive. The more I do, the more I tend to want to do. I'm really pushing myself since it is summer to work as hard as I can to get the weight off. I figure this winter, I may not be as motivated.
Anyway, have a good evening.

HDStreetBob
07-31-2006, 12:03 AM
Did the 3 miles :) Sure felt good to be back on track!

girlieyorkie
07-31-2006, 04:26 AM
May I join your group?

I have been off the wagon for a while and I have gained 5 lbs. but play time is over and I'm ready to work. So today, I'll start walking and I will try to do 3 miles~ will report later.

My tracker is not accurate, but I'm planning to lose the 5 lbs. I've gained ASAP.

Happy trails everyone~

luckyducky
07-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Way to go ladies!!!!! Girlieyorkie, welcome!!!! Anyone who finds their way here is welcome here, the support is phenomenal!!!! The inspiration is awesome!!! Stevi, thanks for picking up on my real nickname, Ducky, I have been blessed with this name for over 20 years, I like it but, most sites won't let a name that small be on their site, hence the luckyducky.... You folks are terrific, you know that?!!!! I didn't get to walk for the rest of the weekend, ( and yeah, the real job thingie really sucks!, but, I have to pay for my addiction some how!!! Horses that is! My horses would go awful hungry if I didn't have gainful employment.) Work got in the way, and then one of my mares got sick, so I spent the rest of the weekend just worrying about her... anyway, today is another day, and by hook or by crook, I am walking today!!!!! I is a walkin fool that I is!!!!! I have to make up for lost time, but, I AM going to wait til later in the evening for the walk, it is too gol dang hot right now. Keep up the splendiferous work!!!! I look forward to reading the newsies!!!!!! keep on truckin!!!:):):)

luckyducky
07-31-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah Baby!!!!!!!! Walking feels so good!!!!! ( once I am done that is!!! I am sure it is a sight with my butt jiggling all over, but, hey I am WORKING it!!!!!!) Tried throwing in some shadow boxing ( not that I know how to do it...) at the end of my walk today. It just feels good to know I am healthy enough to this walking!!!! There are many folks out there who can't. Sorry, kind of introspective tonight, buried a friend of mine on Fri, and I am feeling sad that I couldn't be there ( this on call stuff is for the birds ya know...). I don't have cancer, I am just overweight, now, there is a new perspective for me.... I hope you all were able to get out and do something this fine hot day!!!! I was, my dogs are panting like crazy, it was really humid out tonight, one of the worst nights I have walked so far. Keep up the great work everyone, reading your threads is sooooo inspirational to me!!!!!Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!!! Keep on truckin!!!:):):)

HarpoChicoGroucho
08-01-2006, 01:07 AM
luckyducky, :hug: sorry to hear of your loss. You have a very positive attitude :) Don't lose it.

:welcome: Elyn!!! You are very much welcome to join us :D

So I was going to skip my walk, but I am SO cold, I have to warm up.

Stevi-rocks
08-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Good Morning ladies,
I had every intention of skipping my walk yesterday. I was sooo very tired from the night before due to lack of sleep and a tree service woke me at 7am dropping palms on my awning....BANG! Come 6pm, it had been so beautiful all day, dinner was done, baby was fed, I couldn't find one good reason why not so I packed the baby in his jogging stroller and 4.5 miles later, I was glad I did. Logan slept most of the time.
Elyn~:welcome3:
Ducky~ Sorry so hot.:( I knew I had the better end of the weather!
Harpo~ Cold? Its not hot there either?:)

lachae49
08-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi new people!! You are going to love this forum. Good job everyone for staying on track and for those us getting back on track. All of you are so inspiring for me to stay connected with my goals. Thank you so much.

Any whoo, I'm going to have to start posting every day to keep up with everyone. I love reading all the post and just start feeling so pumped after doing so. Its also nice to see their are others that have off days too. The last couple days I have been feeling slighty funky. I don't know if its a bug or something hormonal. I rarely get headches and when I do they like to hang out for a while. But I am going to be walking today and I actually hit the gym after work this morning and did some weight training on the machines. The feeling I get after I finish a good walk or workout is addicting.

Time for me to start my walk. Enjoy your night.

lachae

luckyducky
08-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Yeah, kiddos!!!! 3 miles down for the month of August!!!!!!!!! No, I don't have this for a goal, just like Forest Gump, I just felt like walking ( ok, he was running) and where I end up at the end of the month who knows???? Ok, but, here it is.... the more I walk the better I feel!!! My batteries died tonight ( no, not those batteries silly chickies!!!!:P) My Walkman battereis died to night, so I didn't even have Queen to accompany me on my walk, but, I still hoofed it big time and made the best time so far!!! less than 55 minutes!!! For me, this is HUGE!!!!! Anyway, I am glad peeps feel comfortable enoughto post on here!!! You are so motivating me to try harder!!!! Thanks folks!!!! I hope I am motivating and inspiring you as well as holding you accountable like you all do for me!!!! Once again Thank you from the bottom of my slowly dissappearing butt!!!! Keep on posting!!!! And, keep on truckin!!!!:):):)

phantastica
08-02-2006, 01:54 AM
OK, I had to be on hiatus for a minute ... I didn't walk in the terrible heat (no surprise, I'm the Excuse Queen), but I did finally get my exercise bike into the house tonight, and cycled on it for 30 minutes. 8 miles by bike, or 30 minutes. More next time!

exquisitern
08-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi all!
Been a bit busy the last few days, but I've been keeping up on my walking. I did 11 miles Sunday, 5 miles Monday and 10 miles yesterday. I did 7 miles this morning. These have all been on the walk videos, except on Sunday when I did 7 miles on an indoor track. I wish it would cool off more and I'd go out more. I want to start incorporating more jogging in my miles.
HDStreetBob: Congrats on the 3 miles!
GirlieYorkie: Welcome!!!
Ducky: Congrats on walking 3 miles in 55 min.! :carrot:
Also, sorry about the loss of your friend. :Yes, we do have to be thankful for our health
Stevi: Congrats on getting up and walking anyway! I frequently have to do that. Once I start, I'm ok
Lachae: Yes, it is great how we inspire each other.
Phantastica: Congrats on cycling 8 miles
Everyone keep up the work!

evierama
08-02-2006, 11:07 PM
I better join this group because im at a plateau:( My weight has been in the same area for 4 weeks now. I better pop in 3-mile Leslie Sansone in the mornings. Let's see if this will help.

luckyducky
08-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Sorry ladies!!! I didn't get my walk in this evening, too many other forks in the fire!!! But, I will get at it tomorrow!!! My promise!!! Seeing all you guys working so hard at it is a real motivator!!! Keep up the great inspiration!!! Keep on truckin!!!:):):)

Stevi-rocks
08-03-2006, 01:33 AM
It was beautiful out this evening. Got the pedometer on my jogging stroller working, the guy at the store I bought it from made mention he put it together and he didn't look so bright. The reciever on the front wheel was backward and on the wrong spoke (sp?). 3.5 mph walking and 5.5 running. COOOOL. 57 min 3.4 miles....Neato. Now I can go anywhere I want and know exactly how far ,fast, and how long it took me. YAY! I had to cut my distance short as I got out a lil late.
Exq~ Are even a little bit worried your modivation might fizzle out? You are doin' ALOT!!! Here's a carrot....:carrot: Ya know...you deserve two..:carrot:
Ducky~ You'll get back out there. When my feet where trippin' it was actually a good thing to take a break, I came back stronger. You get a carrot too....:carrot:
WELCOME!! Evierama!!

phantastica
08-03-2006, 01:39 AM
I did 12 "miles" on the stationary bike in 40 minutes. That's 18mph, cool. Stationary bikes are kind of boring, but it's helping me 'train' for regular bike riding, and boring in the air conditioning sure beats some of the heat we've had this past week. I can read on the stationary bike, that's a big plus. I read my SuperFoods Rx book.

Tomorrow evening I plan to walk up to the library to drop off a book and pick a new one up, so that'll be a 4-mile walk.

Good job, exquisitern, and welcome, evierama!

exquisitern
08-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Welcome evierama!
Stevi: I don't try to worry about my motivation. Right now I make myself get up and walk. Once I start, then I'm ok with it. I am motivated right now, because I want to facilitate my weight loss. My future plan when I want to level out is to go down to 1 hour walking 4 x's a week and 30-45 minutes of resistance training 3x's a week.
Right now the only thing I worry about is, if I get sick and can't exercise, will I lose my motivation then. But right now I am healthy and the walking makes me feel good.
I walked 8 miles this morning and 3 miles last night. My diet hasn't been the best this week. I've been craving salty snacks and eating potato chips like they are going out of style. I've probably only lost 1 -2 lbs this week. I've got to stop the insanity! and quit eating those chips.
Congrats on the 3.4 miles.
Ducky: Don't worry, I know that you will get back at it.

luckyducky
08-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Someone please tell me I am not losing my motivation!!! I didn't walk today either! I ran out of daylight before I had the chance! I have a big horse show this weekend, I haven't even started getting those horses ready for it, I am just spending my time with kids who lease horses from me!!! Help!!!

Stevi-rocks
08-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Yesterday was just as beautiful as the day before...we are so fortunate to have such gorgious weather! Baby and I finished 4 miles, one of which I jogged. Not too shabby. Today will be no walking as I have Band practice and burn plenty of calories in the 4 hours of jumpin' around singing like a crazy woman. I don't usually do both, I get too tired at practice and I'm not as sharp.
Ducky~ Just pick up where you left off. You had just beat your own time recently. See if you can't do that again. Here's a kick in the pants for ya.....:kickbutt:

lachae49
08-06-2006, 01:40 PM
well i'm feeling better and things have slowed a bit. last week was very weird all around. not feeling well and having appt. to go to and trying to fit in sleep time is very exhausting. i really felt the impact of working 3rd shift last week. oh well now onto another new week.

luckyducky your motivation has not left you, its being directed into other aspects of your life. believe me, when you get the chance to start walking and concentrating on 3 miles again, that motivation well kick butt.

i walked my 3miles this morning in 52 mins. and 23 seconds. when i was getting closer to the last couple seconds of the the 3rd mile, i almost embarrassed myself the way i was yelling YESSSS!!!!! It sure made my boyfriend come check on me.

stevie you are just awesome with the determination and drive you have to get the baby out and go go go!! I bet is ten times when you are on stage.

phantastica keep up the great job with the bike. 12 miles is quite impressive. i usually do about 4 when i go to the ymca. i do my weight training there also. my boyfriend and i work out together he pushes me to do just a little bit more each time. he knows how i can easily whimp out.

exquisitern, you want to do a side challenge? i love potato chips as well, especially the wavy ones. for the rest of this week NO CHIPS. starting monday or when ever you read this post.

welcome evierama.... i will be looking forward to reading your post as well as all the rest. good luck to you.

gotta get going, everyone have a totally beautiful day and lets all kick some butt this week!!

later,
lachae

catrinaH
08-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone. I just noticed your little side of the world here : ). I've already been walking everday for almost 4 months now. well everyday cept sunday. But there are days i could use more motivation. I've missed out a few days being lazy but for the most part i walk 4 miles 6 days a week. I do yoga at least once a week but try for 2. I also do weight training 2 days a week but shoot for 3.
I've lost 34 lbs but need to lose alot more. I play Irish fiddle and decided recently that i'd like to go public with it. I dont' want to be known as the fat fiddler though so here I am. I've posted a few things on 3FC but am pretty much new to the forums.
Nice meeting everyone and look forward to tracking this with you!

Catrina

Stevi-rocks
08-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Somebody did not want me to get my exercise today. If it was one thing it was another. I have the luxury of going out alone on Sat and Sun as Daddy is home with the baby. I got all dressed and headed out...started to jog and my pants kept sliding down...not just a lil slip here and there but showing my @$$ crack falling down:o . So minimal running. Half way through my very brisk 4.5 mile walk, my Shuffle dies.:mad: Darn it! Finally I get home (in 61 min no less!) and I ahve neglected to take my house keys with me, hense I'm locked out of the house. :dizzy: DER...I'm used to storing everything in the jogging stroller. I'll remember next time. On the bright side my time has been reduced by 11 minutes meaning the stroller must bog me down. With it my walking mph is usually between 3.3 and 3.6. With out it, it must be 4.0+! So Hoot! :carrot:
Welcome Catrina!!
Lachae~ Your time kicks some major booty. Do you know your mph?
Where's the ever chipper Ducky????
Phantstica~ Phew! 10 miles! When I lost weight from DS#1 I used to ride a statonary for 6 miles nearly everyday for 6 months in front of the TV...but I was just 20 at the time! Great work!!

luckyducky
08-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for missing me ladies!!!! I am back and my life is a little less hectic starting right now, for about 5 minutes!!!! I haven't had the time to walk since Tues!!! Can you believe it!!!!! But, this butt is gonna go out and jiggle tonight!!! Right after I get off here!! Wann here something that brightened my day though on Sat.? I had a IBG horseshow this weekend ( not big as in numbers, just big cuz I had 4 horses to get ready for it!! Well, my volunteer bailed on me on Fri night, so, I am trying my darndest to get these guys ready alone, ( clipping in the dark, by the light of the moon, get the picture?) anyway, Sat. rolls in, and I coerced a couple of friends of mine to help, My one friend says "I can REALLY tell you have lost weight!!!" Well, this was terrifical, and then showing 4 horses, turns out my classes, are back to back, and I have to run like heck with these short stumpy legs the good Lord blessed me with, to show my horses off at their best paces. the 3rd class comes along, and I am thinking " YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME!!!" But, I ran my little heart out, and ended up WINNING THE FIRST 3 CLASSES!!!!!!! Nothing says you are doing good like VICTORY!!!! So, my stressing out last week wasn't all for naught, WE WON!!! AND MY NEW ME IS COMING THROUGH!!!!!!! Hey Stevi, how's that for chipper!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! Ok, I have to relocate my shoulder ( from patting myself on the back so much... ) and then Queen ( the band ) and I are off too walk!!!! Best to all of you also!! I will post later tonight!! Keep on truckin!!!!:):):)

phantastica
08-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Nice, Ducky!! I think it's so cool that you have horses. Every little girl's dream (mine included :) ). I love hearing stories about them. WTG on the compliment, too!

Thanks, Stevi! Jogging with Baby? Amazing. Jogging is a far-off goal of mine.

Catrina! The Fat Fiddler! Ha ha ha.

Thanks Lachae! Good luck on your Chip Side Challenge. Amazingly enough, I haven't had many cravings for a while. I haven't been all that motivated to do my 3 miles daily, but I'm thankful for the lack of cravings.

I got to the library today! 4 miles on foot with my new CD on the iPod.

Yesterday, I must've walked 3 miles, but it was strolling around a fair, walking to bus stops, etc. We were hoofin' it from probably 3:30 to 7.

Tomorrow it will be difficult to get any exercise in, as I have a TOPS meeting after work.

luckyducky
08-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Phantastica- did I ever congratulate you on your progress? I AM NOW!!!!!!!!!!! your ticker is movin on down!!! Way to go Woman!!!!! Heh, I know about those hectic days, just got done with 5 of em... and since you are in the TC, you actually aren't that far from moi, you should get your lil rear over here sometime, I would let you ride one of my babies ( ahem, I have 10 of them plus my 8 yr old son, he's my baby also! But, he doesn't give piggyback rides)!
Catrina- Welcome, welcome!!!!! Hope you enjoy the thread, we are all about motivation, and accountablity and cheering each other on!!!!!
Stevi- You are really a go getter!!! I am actually jealous of you and your jogging!!!! Hee hee! Someday, I too, will jog again, ( used to, when I was younger, my horse would come along, just like a dog! She is 26 now, I highly doubt she is interested in jogging with me any longer, she just likes to take it easy and be a pasture puff!)
exquisitern- you rock girl!!! I wish I could walk as much as you!!! Keep it up!!!
Lachae- I have been snakin on those darn chips this past week, all I could do was read last week, didn't have anything to post...:( But, they CAN be addicting!! *I DID limit it to a few chips an evening though!!!
Evierama- welcome!!!! Sorry to hear you are on a plateau right now, but, hang in there!!! I KNOW this will turn around!!! Hope these motivating and inpsiring threads help you also to keep on keeping on!!!
HDSBob- Where are you?? Haven't gotten to hear your smiling face for a bit!!!
Harpogrouchochico- Where the heck are you? Haven't heard from you in ages!!! Ok days, but, sometimes, it feel like ages!!! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!!!!
Went back to the beginning, and I am wondering if Blueeyed blonde is still reading this thread, if you are out there, peep up chickie!! We would love to hear more from you!!!
girlieyorkie- you still out there? Would love to hear more from you too!!!
Amany- How's it going? I am hoping you are still with us!!! Keep up the good work!!!! Would love to hear from you again!!!!
I am just trying to motivate and inspire all of you, and myself of course, I hope my enthusiasm doesn't rub anyone the wrong way, I am so pumped again!!! Let's go ladies!!! We can DO THIS!!!!! Oncem at a pep rally way back 400 years ago, when I was in high school ( got d's in typing btw... ever notice?) one of our teachers had to fire up the crowd his motto was... "To be enthusiastic, YOU HAVE TO ACT ENTHUSIASTIC!!!!!!!!" repeat this after me, with fervor, to be enthusiastic, YOU HAVE TO ACT ENTHUSIASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! all of you procrastinating out there in cyberland, just get up and move!!! You can do it!!! I did!!! I walked tonight, and I feel so much better for having done it!!! Esp since I know it is MAKING A DIFFERENCE!!!! My attitude is improved, my stamina is much improved, my body is changing, ( in a good way!!!) and my motivation is reinvented!!! I have to do this for me!! YOu do too!!! Great work everyone, Keep it up!!!!! Ok off the soap box, everyone, keep on truckin!!!!:):):)

catrinaH
08-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Good morning. I almost didn't walk this morning. I'm grumpy. I woke up an hour late, which makes a big differance when you live in the south. It was hot this morning. ugh. On top of that i've gained 4 stupid pounds this week but i think its becuase of my monthly. I did binge a little but not enough to gain 4 danged pounds when i'm working my butt off every morning. My worst binge was a slice of french bread one day, 2 oreos another day and yesterday i had a weight watchers carrot cake!!! so i'm grumpy, i could understand if I went to southern donuts and just pigged out.
BUT i went walking anyway. I knew i would have only undermined myself later if i didnt' walk this morning. I walked my 4 miles in 66 minutes which is so so. usually do it in 55 : / Probably would have sat my butt down this morning but i also thought about this thread! I had to put something in here today and well i dont' wanna lie : P so i didnt hehe. Ok there feeling better already.

BTW I have never been on a horse : ( I want to so badly and I will before i get to old : P

Catrina

lachae49
08-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Way to go Luckyducky!!! I could just feel your happiness and excitement as I read your post. It sure put a big smile on my face and glad to read you are back on track. I hope that the other ladies that haven't posted lately haven't gotten lost on the forum. I found a replacement for the chips. I munch on these little teenie tiny dill pickles. they are so cute!

welcome catrina. thanks for posting your walking times. it gives me a feel for where i am in the crowd. rightnow i feel its a little further back than you. but thats okay. my first mile I start out slow and there it is where i need to improve. i try to maintain a 3.5 to 3.8 walking pace. its when i bump it up to a 4 or 4.5 that i pick up speed and better time. at a 4, I am in shuffle type jog, making sure I keep my feet underneath my shoulders and at 4.5 my step becomes a bit more wider more like a run. trying to invision 4 miles in 55 min...YIKES. I know I would have to be jogging the whole time to get that. six minutes is the most i can jog for, but will try to improve a minute each day and then walk for a bit and then run for 4 minutes. maybe i should walk at a faster pace and swing my bootie more to keep me going.

oh well gotta get on the treadmill and then to bed.
talk with you all later.

lachae

catrinaH
08-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Hi again i know i already posted today : P but I wanted to tell Lachae that it is rumored that the walking trail i use is 1 mile all the way around. I have a park behind my house that i walk to and use the paved walking trail that they have for walkers. It is not marked I wish it were. I tried to use a pedometer to see for myself but it was busted and said I only walked 44 steps lmao when i know way better. I need a new pedometer. But anyway, several of the neighbors and our local councelman told me it was 1 mile all the way around. I actually do 6 laps in 55 minutes which would make it 6 miles by the rumored time. But i have a hard time believing i can walk 6 miles in 55 minutes so i just say 4 miles. I will be getting the pedometer soon becuase it kills me to not know exactly. But when i know for sure i will post it.

luckyducky
08-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Well, back again tonight!! Did my 3 miles this evening even though my CD player gave up the ghost on me!!! It feels so good to walk!!! I was so tired after work today, had to have a nap first, then walked, man I am likin this!!! Glad to see you are out there moving these days!! We got through July, now, let's work on walking our way through August!!!! I just got a Leslie Sansone WATP express 3 mile today, and am watching it now... looks like fun!!! She has so much energy, I have NO IDEA how the heck she talks all the way thru those workouts, my son comes walking with me sometimes (he is on his bike) and he feels he needs to entertain me or something, and is constantly asking me questions, ie: "Mom, how much does that tree weigh..." or regals me with a story about his day, and wants me to carry on this running conversation with him, well, frankly, it is all I can do to walk and breathe at the same time, much less talk too!!! Needless to say, we had to implement rules when I walk, NO TALKING!!! LOL !! Poor kid, he is a terrific young man though, and I am so proud of him!!! Anyway, ladies keep up the terrific work!!!! Keep on truckin!!!:):):)

catrinaH
08-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Good morning : ) I went for my walk this morning with my usual crew, 12, 9, and 3 year old daughter. We had a dog scare. I swear i'm gonna get a sling shot for those stupid stray dogs in the park. Usually they are fine but there is this one dog that likes to give my 9 year old the stare down. Today is the 2nd time this dog has stared her down. I taught her to remain confident and not to stare it in the eyes. I was very proud of my 12 year old, who usually hates her little sister. She ran to where her little sister was and chased off the dog. I was running too but 12 year old is long legged and fast hehe. It is nice to see though that she does care enough about her siblings to save them from pain.
Anyway i didn't do usual 6 laps i did 5. My achiles really hurts today. I think i might need to have it worked on. I ruptured it not to long ago and i have to wear a brace just to walk. If they have to work on it, it will put me in a cast but you can bet i'll still walk anyway i can : P!

Stevi-rocks
08-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Down 2 lbs!! (insert Happy dance!) I was headed to the gym yesterday but my right foot was tender so I'm going today. Last thing I want is to make things worse than they already are! I like to get weight traing in at least 2x a week. Running on the tredmill is very boring though, time seems to DRAAGGGG! But I end up running more just to get it over with! Ha!
Ducky~ Big Congrats on your Horses! I'm glad ouy found your way back to walking.
Catrina~ I would check that distance as well. 6 miles would put you at a 9 min mile, most extremely fit runners strive for 8 min mile, 4 miles puts you between 4.0 and 4.5 mph which is a very, very brisk pace. I am running at 5.0mph as 4.5 walking is really uncomfortable, but who knows! Its possible! :D
Lachae~ I agree!

phantastica
08-08-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm a 4-mile chick today! And I lost 2.5 pounds this week at TOPS.

Cute baby, Stevi!

Good, Lucky, you're walking fast enough if it's hard to carry on a conversation. :)

Catrina, loose dogs scare the beJesus out of me, too! I encountered one once, and luckily I was able to look at it and give it my most stern motherly look and in my most disapproving voice said, "Nooo! You go home!" Surprise, surprise, it listened! After that, I began carrying mace on me when I walked through neighborhoods.

Does anybody else have any good advice on how to handle aggressive dogs? I'd like to know how others handle this.

luckyducky
08-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Alright ladies!!!! Way to go!!!! High fives all around!!!! I too have lost 2.5 lb this week.:) Tonight, for something different, and to get at least one slightly in shape for next week's fair ( another BIG show) I took one of our horses with me on my 3 mile walk, I ended up walking and jogging and getting really tired and sweaty, but, I DID it!!! And so did Buddy, our Peruvian Paso, he is really a handfull, has lots of what they call "brio" but, he got the hang of walking with me eventually, and we had a good time, couldn't jam to Queen, my discplayer is still broken!!! But, this was just as fun!!! Keep up the inspirational work ladies!!!! I toast all of you with my water!!!! VIVA!!!!!! Keep on truckin!!!!!!!:):):)

catrinaH
08-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Good morning! This morning was a little hectic for me. First day of school around here. Plus i am watching a friends child for her for a few months 3 days a week starting today. So tomorrow will be different, I will compensate by getting up earlier.
Stevi ~ I do walk pretty fast fast enough that my 12 year old has to jog to catch up with me if she isn't paying attention : ). Fast enough that my very fit fiance asks me to slow down all the time now. I just tell call him a goo goo and tell him to keep up : P Sweet for me becuase when we first started the little punk called me slow lmao who is slow now? Well until i can get that pedometer I will refer to laps instead of miles. But I've always been a fast walker until i got fat : / I have very muscular legs and when i'm skinny they will still be huge. My grandmother used to tell me that i have the legs of a figure skater. So maybe that is why i walk so fast.
But anyway, i started to feel bad becuase I want to be able to tell you all how far i really am going. I would like to know as well.
Its going to be a couple weeks before i can get my pedometer but rest assured I will still get up and walk!!!
Also i put down on fitday that i only go 3.5 but i think i go fast then that. I will know soon. I really hope i'm not lying to you guys on accident.

Dukky~ My 12 year old is like that. She just wants to talk talk talk talk talk all the way through our walks. Especially stuff that you have to really think to answer. I can't think while i'm walking at this pace.

Phantastica ~ this particular dog isnt' scared of anything. My fiance TRIED to chase him off from peeing on our vehicle tire the other day and he charged the dog, growling at him the whole time and the dog finished his pee then casually walked off to pee on the next car!!! We are going to try to catch this dog. He is dangerous i feel. When dogs do a stare down like he was doing it is a big sign of dominance. I wish my dog was a little nicer to me on the leash. I'd love this dog to see my rotty. Plus my rotty is very protective of my kids. Unfortunately I never leash trained her. Shame on me <sigh>.

Ducky ~ I want a horsy : P am i told old now to ask for ponies??? lmao

catrinaH
08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
P.S.... Oh forgot to say I walked hehehe 3 laps only : ( didn't have time for more. I will be making up for it after dinner.

arathi.devi
08-09-2006, 04:22 PM
hi all,
may i join your group?
i have been off the wagon but i started WATP with leslie yesterday. been doing 3 miles with weights.

luckyducky
08-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Welcome, Arathi.devi, love your avatar! (gotta love those sparklies!!!!) We love to have new folks join us!!! We are all about motivation, and support and also accountability. I know if I have to post on this thread daily, I am more likely to get my rear out there and walk!!! WATP is a great way to walk!! I just got WATP express 3 mile walk, this way when I am on call, I have no excuse not to exercise!!( darn it!!:):P:O Did I say that out loud???:O Shame on me, but, yes ladies, you are all helping me remain accountable, not just to myself, but for all of you, I know if I walk, then post, then you feel like walking then post, then I walk then post, and so on, and so on .... you know how it goes!!! Anyway, I will post later, after my walk!!! Walking with Buddy ( the horse) worked so well last night, that I think I will do it again tonight!!! Later!!! Keep on truckin!!!:):):)

Stevi-rocks
08-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Hey all!
Yesterdays walk was less than enjoyable. This is a first. I took the baby in the jogging stroller @ about 5pm. It was supposed to be 80ish, AHH NO! It was 90 ish. My water was gone before we were 1/2 done and I was nauseus by then. Sweating like the devil! I'm cool with sweating but I could not breath! 4.5 miles done and I had to lie down before my shower. Ended up with a migrane all night into late this evening. I was nauseus all day. And TOM came over this morning, thats prolly the culprit of it all. I managed to keep our photo appt and got the babies 6 month portraits done, see signature. I'll be back at it tomorrow, today was another mis-predicted temps, weather man says mid 80's its mid 90's. I'm still not 100% but I wanted to check in.

catrinaH
08-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Sorry to hear you walk wasn't fun yesterday Stevi. I have those days as well. It gets really hot here and humid. I have to leave early if I don't want to have a headache all day and get sick : (.
Just think fall is just around the corner! Perfect walking weather!!!
I just got back from my walk... 6 laps and it took 65 mins. I had to talk myself into it but once i got there it was ok. I still have those days where I could easily give this all up and go back to bed in the morning. heh i'm not a morning person.
Also down a pound. I went up 5 pounds a few days before my TOM but now I'm down a lb then a was before my TOM gain!!! Thank goodness. I can't wait to see the 220's! I was able to get my size 18 jeans on and button them!!! BUT I couldn't sit lol my legs wouldn't bend lmao. So i laughed instead of getting frustrated. I remember a month ago i couldn't even get them to my waist so i'm happy.

Well i'm off time for some yoga <ouch> hehe.

oh! I almost forgot, I love those pictures Stevi, your little boy is adorable!!! he looks like he is very very happy.

catrinaH
08-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Everyone ok?
Did my 6 laps this morning. I counted my steps manually with my brain! lol it was 1,322 Catrina steps around the track. I do that 6 times at the least and lately only 6 laps <sigh>. Not sure how many steps are in a mile, seems the estimation varies on the net. I went with 4.0 miles an hour, 1,996 steps equals a mile. They say that faster that you go, the less steps you take, due to longer strides, so the steps per mile goes down after 4.0 miles an hour. 6 laps equals 7992 steps making 4.0 miles walked in 6 laps. I didn't realize i'd be dead on with my guessing. I am so happy to know how far i go. It was hard counting them while my 12 year old was talking in my ear.
I am whooped today though. I walked fast becuase we got out 15 mins late so i was behind on everything this morning.

Hope you all are doing well. Been kinda quiet in here for a couple of days..

luckyducky
08-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey there Catrina, Glad to see youare religiously posting here!!! I am very sorry I haven't had the time to post lately, this is my busiest week of the summer, for the next 10 days I am going to be struggling to handle life in the "real" world, and probably won't be on here much, if at all, Thanks Woman, for keeping our accountability, and motivation alive!!!! I am really stressed out right now, and haven't walked for a couple of days, I was on call last night and ended up working most of the night... Lacking sleep makes me want to eat!!!! Dang it!!! I am too tired right now to walk even!! I haven't lost my motivation, I will get back at this, I just need a little break to "handle" the other stuff in my life. Keep posting ladies!!! Love to hear what your lives are like! I will update you when my life calms down to a dull roar again!!

Stevi-rocks
08-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Hey gals!
I'm here, just really busy weekend. Haven't exercised since Tue....BAH! Thats the longest I have gone in MONTHS!! See you all Mon.

phantastica
08-12-2006, 06:17 PM
I did my four-mile library walk today before going to a bridal shower and eating a reasonable amount of pasta but a full piece of cheesecake.

I walked a mile with a friend after dinner on Thursday night, then did some Billy (Tae Bo) yesterday. I'm on a mission to get in a good hour's worth of cardio exercise every day for the next two to four weeks!

catrinaH
08-14-2006, 01:01 PM
good morning. Walked this morning and boosted myself up to 7 laps now. I then did some weight training. Now I want a nap. : P I can't have one though. Not with a 3 year old around here. Lmao last time i took a nap with 3 year old on the loose (nap was an accident) there was black magic marker on her head to toe, and the carpet, and her bed..... Nope gotta stay awake.

phantastica
08-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Catrina, haha, yes it's more worth it to suffer through a tired day than to get a much-desired nap and have to de-marker a 3-y-o and surrounding area.

I did 40 min on my stationary cycle yesterday morning, then I did a 60-minute pilates/cardio video (ouch) last night. Tonight I may walk to the library again, or if I have to I'll do exercise in the house. I have an insanely busy week.

Stevi-rocks
08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I made it out yesterday and did my 4.5 miles....After running about half a mile my side was killing me! OMG what a wuss! I had to run and walk multiple times as the pain was killer. Teach me to slack off. Today I'm prolly gonna lay off the running. The diet is leaving alot to be desired. Well, I'm not ON plan but I haven't lost my mind either. TOM has been here since Wed. and he is not letting up. This is the worst I have had since giving birth to DS#2. I'm also finda in a funk about being at the half way point. I keep trying to see it as a good thing but my mind always goes back to " I just have to do it AGAIN." No gain, but no loss. Geuss I can't complain. We where out to dinner Thur, Fri, AND Sat!!! I knew it was gonna be bad, but it wasn't that bad at all!
Phantastica~ You are so tearin' it up !! Great job!
Catrina~ WTG on increasing your distance. I remember buying a pair of 18's right after DS#2 birth and I couldn't get them past my knees!! I don't know what I was thinkin'. Pretty cool your back in them now!
Where's Ducky?

phantastica
08-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Did 4 miles to the library this evening! Nice night out.

I also went bra shopping and bought a bra in a D cup instead of DD. Yay!

luckyducky
08-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Ducky is trying to reall all this and stay awake!!! I am not gonna have the opportunity to post til next week sometime ladies!!! SORRY, super stressfull show season right now til Next MON!!!!! Wish me luck, motivation, and accountability!!!! I am right there with ya ladies, sweatin ma buns off in the mental form!!!!! Thanks for thinking of me and for keeping the faith here!!!!!Keep up the good work, and keep on truckin!!!!!!:):):)

catrinaH
08-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Good morning. Did only 6 laps today. My legs decided they didn't want to go with my idea of things this morning. But I crawled my way through. I walked 7 laps yesterday but didn't post anything. I'm catching myself starting to slack... : / Hopefully i'll get out of it soon. Even fit day has been neglected... I really hope days like these are less and less as the pounds drop and the muscles bulge. Glad to see everyone is doing good though!!
Ducky~cant' wait to see you back in the groove!!! Darn life for getting in the way eh?

Stevi-rocks
08-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah me too.
I'm doing fine exercising its the food log and logging the exercise I'm struggling with....Today is a new day.

phantastica
08-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Yesterday, I did 40 minutes on the stationary bike, but only after I had a frustrating experience with a job interview, and then a binge involving barbecue-beef sandwiches and cheese. Where is my resilience? The job interview problem solved itself the following day and is now water over the dam. Meanwhile, I'm 800 calories overboard for yesterday. Oh yes, I totally thought of how convenient it would be to NOT log yesterday's food.

Today I'm back 'on plan', and tonight I plan to do something, maybe that Pilates vid.

Did you get a pedometer yet, Catrina?

Stevi-rocks
08-17-2006, 01:28 AM
Had a really good walk/jog today. Jogged 1 full mile out of the 4 and only walked it twice! Thats somethin' for me. Did our 4 miles in 58 minutes which is a personal best with the stroller as it slows me down. I 'm gonna hit the gym tomorrow and get some strenghth training in. And I logged everything! I'm incorporating alot of new foods so it was a pain but it gets easier as you go.

Phantastica~ Shawn Cassidy is STILL Hot! Grrrarrr! I barely remember the Hardy boys on in prime time but my older sister loved it! YAY on the DD!! Mine a deflating sooo bad. Still wearing the 34F but I've hiked the straps up a bunch.

phantastica
08-17-2006, 11:01 AM
I was sick with a cold and a little bit down last night, but I mustered up all the energy I could get to crank out 30 minutes on the stationary bike. I wanted to quit after 20 minutes, but I stuck it out for 30.

This morning, still in my "screw the world" pity party, I wanted to get a muffin and coffee for breakfast. I made my usual peanut-butter toast and banana, telling myself that I would be thankful later for passing on the muffin. I still got the coffee so I felt like I had a 'treat'.

catrinaH
08-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Hiya. I didn't get on yesterday but i did my laps both today and yesterday. Been slacking on the toning though. Watching my friends daughter is proving difficult. <sigh> I just have to find a routine during the 3 days she is with me. its only for 5 hours a day but she comes right when i'm done with my walk. I tried to get up earlier but it seems what i want and what i do are 2 different things lol. I will get it sorted out.
I'm still in a slump sort of. I have the will power to get out there and get going but its no longer a gung ho kind of thing lol. I bet when its cooler i will feel differently.
No pedometer yet. Things are tight around here. I did count the steps in one lap though. Was funny but i succeeded.
And as far as deflating Iwent from a G cup to a double D so i guess alot of my 35 lbs lost was there. Thank God!!!! : P
I will try to be better though. Find the silver lining like almost getting those 18's to fit comfortably!!!! I have these huge pants from when i started weight loss. I am thinking of pinning them up on the wall next to my fridge. : P

Stevi-rocks
08-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey chicks!
I'm TIRED this morning. Arg! Took advice from my neighbor, who is a personal trainer for women no less, to sprint everyother day to boost my metabolism and use all the other muscles in my lower body....ah..OUCH! I got up to 7.4 mph for 1/10th of a mile 8 times. I freekin' beat today! Felt great...YESTERDAY! I have rehearsal (4 hours of singin' my fanny off!)today so I'm skippin' my walk. Sat and Sun I'll get to go alone.
Catrina~ Eventually I leveled out too. I was so super pumped the 1st 6 weeks and then it became a chore and now its just something I like/need to do. You have some "Guns" too! I'm Still wearing the 34 F but its time to be resized.
Phantastica~ Sorry your feelin' poopy! Your a BEAST for working out anyway. I'm a baby, if I feel sick, I won't do it. Hows it goin' yoday?

luckyducky
08-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Woooohoooo ladies!!!! The duck is back!!!!!! Finally!!!! I am going to get some rest tonight, then back to my normal life tomorrow!!! I am skipping the last show this weekend, cuz, I BROUGHT HOME 2 CHAMPIONS!!!! All my horses did really well at the county fair, and I am happy to end my show season like that, and REALLY happy to get back to the normal routine!!! So watch out!!! I am back, and I am gonna be super chipper!!!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on truckin!!! So Happy to see you all are doing so well!!!!:):):)

phantastica
08-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Excellent! I'd love to see photos of your horses.

I did 50 minutes of a pilates/cardio/arm-weights video today, but no walking. Walking tomorrow morning.

luckyducky
08-19-2006, 10:55 PM
ok ladies, I'm BACCKKKKK!!!!!!

luckyducky
08-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Trying to post on here tonight is frustrating!! I keep getting bumped to a Dell search page!!! Anyway, got my 3 miles in this evening for the first time in a week and a half!!! Boy, does it ever feel great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still pumped from my show stuff, and my non existant love life seems to have rekindled some flames, ( not that I want that...;P ;) )so, things are lookin up in my life, anyway, just my first day back posting also, so hope everyone is doing tiggerifically!!!!!! and here is a pic of my stallion and I at a show one year ago tomorrow ( one we are skippin THAT one tomorrow)
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/luckyducky_2/04-02-2006061405pm.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/luckyducky_2/04-02-2006062123PM.jpg
clicking on this second link will send you to my photobucket, and there you can see almost all of my loverly horses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for looking!!!

Stevi-rocks
08-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Happy Monday all!
I haven't made it out this weekend!! I usually get my best workouts on the weekends but I was super busy. Fri was rehearsal, Sat we played a reception, and Sun was play day (Shopping and out to dinner)! I'm out there today though. Right back at it.
Ducky~ Pretty horse! Is that you hiding behind him? Is he stretching or posing? He is beautiful. Congrats on the champions.
Phantastica~ You rock.

luckyducky
08-22-2006, 10:06 PM
yup Stevi- that is my pretty stallion!!! And right on both counts, that IS me hiding behind him!!!! He is bowing, his trademark trick!!! It looks very regal and elegant in person, we did it when we won our championship on Thurs. night! The crowd loved it!!
Now, back to the real reason for me being here. I gained a couple of lbs. thanks to my sedentary life style that past couple of days. so, tomorrow is a new day, and I hope to find my weed strewn path back to walking regularly!!! This month has been totally crazy!!! Want normal back!!!! Now, normal for me isn't probably normal for most, just wanted to clarify that!! Hope to hear more from all of you!!! Keep up the great work!!! keep on truckin!!!:):):)

luckyducky
08-23-2006, 11:40 PM
ok 3 mile chickies!!! Where is everyone??? I haven't seen this much non action since I went out on my last date!!! ;) I am getting back on track here, I am hoping someone is still out there looking for a thread home, and wants to join this happy group!!! I didn't get to walk today, ( still too much going on... I am doing chores for some friends of mine, and it takes most of my evening to do their chores and my own... won't be forever though). I am trying to get back to eating healthy and smaller portions, I feel terrible about gaining, since I worked so hard to take it off!! But,. perhaps, it is just water weight... one can always hope!! Won't know til next Mon, when I weigh again!! ( trying to stay off the scale only look once a week, I have problems with compulsiveness otherwise). Anyway, don't be shy, jump in have some fun with posting here with us lovely ladies!! Keep on truckin!!!:):):)

catrinaH
08-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Good morning ya'll. Sorry I haven't been on for a few days have had internet problems off and on. It is fixxed now! yay!!!
I have been walking faithfully though. Didnt' walk Sunday (i never do unless i miss saturday) and I missed yesterday due to rain which we needed BAD!
Ok so I'm going to jump back in this forum and keep motivated. I have seen another loss so i'm ready to jump for joy again. I have been really good too. BF keeps bringing home m&m's which i hate so i was ok there but THEN he brings home 2 huge bags of peanut butter m&m's which i LOVE. i was able to eat 4 of them and said no to the rest. I am really getting sick of him undermining me though. I have begged, pleaded, threatened for him to keep that crap at work. He never does. It really hurts when he sits down at the table while we are talking and he is just shoveling in the yummies. He is skinny and muscular and has a great metabolism but he should take into consideration that I dont. Oh well. I just have to be stronger then him : P He can't say no but i can!!! but GRRRRRR anyway. hehe ok. I really am in a good mood though. This is getting much easier and I can absolutely not see myself giving this up even after i drop off the weight. I have come to love my morning walks. The birds singing, the squirells are barking and best of all I get to watch my 12 year old swing at the bugs and scream when they land on her. hehe I am homeschooling my 12 year old this year and it also helps that she has to have phys ed. that is one of the biggest reasons we walk. She needs the grade and i need it too. She has been a champ and walked every pace of the way. She even has cut back on her sweets for me (she is skinny and tall too) and she tells me how great i'm starting to look but has to add at the end "for an old person" BAH!
ok to much caffeine see you tomorrow~!~!

oh! Stevi~ I love the new avitar pic you are looking HOT!!!!!
Ducky~ I love your horsey. I WILL get on one I swear it. It is one of my dreams.
Phantastica~ you are doing great. walking and Library. You are awesome I love the library and walking so its a great combo!!

Stevi-rocks
08-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey chickies,
This thread has been kinda dead and I thought it redundant to keep saying " I walked my 4 miles..." I'll just let you know when I haven't.:D I ahd a fabulous NSV and a scale victory yest. Down 2 pounds and bought a pair of size 14 Calvin's!! I also fit in every single pair of jeans in my closet...several had to be retired as the are now way too big. OH Yeah!!
Catrina~ Our stats are nearly the same, I started out at 262 and I'm 5'7". We are prolly around the same age as well seeing you have a 12 year old. i have a 14 year old boy....Arrggg!!! but thats a different subject! I just wanted to say how amazing you are doing and not to let anyone or anything distract you. I had to hide out at home for 3 months, away from everyone, just to get my footing. Yours is tougher cuz its the guy at home giving you grief! I had a few problems with DH but after 5 months he has now lost weight as well. Good Ju Ju to you to stay strong!!!

luckyducky
08-26-2006, 11:06 PM
congrats on your willpower Catrina!!! I am trying to get my motivation up and running again, have a man in my life that I have wanted to have a relationship with for about 20 years off and on, and now, it perhaps is taking that path!!!Yippee!!! I am happy and scared about it,... I WANT to look good!! I WANT to be healthy!! I WANT to live a healthy lifestyle!!! Yikes!!! Now to get off my duff and DO it!!! Wish me luck ladies!!!:):):)

luckyducky
08-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Good evening chickies!!! I am here posting on a brand new week! I got out and moved this evening, my 3 miles I walked in less than 50 minutes!! I am very happy with this pace, and people are starting to notice the weight I have lost, and the toning I have gotten done with my body, just by walking!!! (and of course, changing my eating habits...:P). I know this thread seems slow, but, it for me is getting on here and being accountable to you folks for my behavior modification, ( I consider you all my online support group, I don't have a lot of support where I work, it feels like... so I come here to post!) I will continue to update my posts here and hope that there are some people out there who also are motivated by my posts and come on board!!! All are welcome to chime in whenever you wish!! I am happy and satisfied with my progress and just want to share it with those who care to read them!! That's about it in a nutshell... Keep on truckin!!!:):):)

catrinaH
08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
good morning! Did my laps this morning I was soaked by the end. nice lovely humidity. Ok yeah that was sarcasm : P My eating habits well they weren't so great over the weekend. I had cereal 2 nights in a row as a snack grrrrr. I get upset with myself when i go over. After all the mistakes i've made since starting out i bet i would be 15 lbs lighter.... Oh well. I guess its better then before.... walk a month then give it alll up becuase i don't want to go one day which turns to months...
It realy has been alot different this time. I really wish i would have found this site a long time ago.
I agree Dukky. I might not have been a stringent poster but for me it is also about being accountable. When i know i have to post in the morning I make sure i do it so that I may post. I did have a little lag there with my posting but i'm right back in now. I'm also going to stop ignoring my fit day. I was doing really good with my eating habits when i was doing my fit day.
I have slowed down the extra excersise everday. I think that i was doing to much and that was where I was getting burnt out. I'm going to concentrate on cardio for a while. when i got smaller maybe I can sacrifice waking time for weight training.
Anyway I'm just babbling and thinking out loud. Hehehe lucky for you guys you get to hear it all : P <joking>.
Take care!!!!
oops I almost forgot to say i did my laps!

luckyducky
08-28-2006, 11:17 PM
hey there chickies!!!! Just got done walking almost 4 miles!!! I am so happy about this even though it was dark for the last half, and we met a guy jogging with his dog, TWICE!! I have 2 dogs that walk with me and of course, my little one thinks she is as big as a house!! Has to guard her territory...Anyway, I somehow managed to gain a lb this day... started off at 251 and ended up at 252...how does this manage to happen? I have no idea, but, I DONT like it!!! Back to the old hard slog, working in the mines of surgery tomorrow... Might have to be on call so I will walk indoors tomorrow. Keep on truckin!!!!!:):):)

catrinaH
08-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Good morning. Did my laps!! I managed to get 2 extra laps in today. Did get a compliment though. Neighbor said i was looking smaller and smaller every time she sees me. Hehe good motivation. Seems like whenever i get down a bit on this some one says something to bring me back up. I'm grateful for it. Still lagging on fit day. Ok one little elephant bite at a time (like my old fiddle instructor would say).
See you tomorrow!!!

luckyducky
08-29-2006, 07:29 PM
yep Catrina, baby steps, taking one day at a time and all that jazz. I am going to get my walk in earlier tonight, so i don't have to be out walking in the dark.will post when I gets done walkin!!!!

luckyducky
08-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Yahoooo weee!!!!!! Got my 3 plus miles in and it was less than 50 minutes!!! This is a new record for me!!! I am feelin gooooood!!!!! I am finally back on track!!! Now, to stay here!! On track I mean... I feel much slimmer walking,so I KNOW it must be doing something!!!! Yesterday, at work 2 ladies I work with mentioned how much better I look!!! Yay!!! I am so proud of myself!! I hope you are too Catrina!!!! All the rest of you ladies perhaps reading this, feel free to join us!!! It is only as hard as getting up and doing something!!! Doesn't have to be 3 miles even!!! Just get up and move!! We will happily cheer you on also!! Come on up!! There is no better time for getting outside than the fall!!!! Let me motivate you too!!!! Keep on truckin!!!!:):):)

luckyducky
08-30-2006, 11:14 PM
okie dokie, just got done with my 3 miles, get this, I was attacked by a RABBIT!!!!!! Seriously, this rabit was flopping accross the trail, and my son saw it, I thought he had run over it with his bike and went to investigate, and the rabbit flew up and kicked me with his hind feet then flopped into the long grass, strangest thing i ever saw.... Happy to be here though, I am so glad to be out walking when the weather is so beautiful!!!! Keep on truckin!!!!:):):)

luckyducky
08-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Beautiful day again today, gonna get my walk in early, this way it won't be dark by the time I am done!! Ok ladies, time to get up and get moving!!! Nothing special, just do something!!!! It can be as little as marching in place during commercials!! Every thing helps!!! I am moving AND losing!!! It feels so darn good!!!! I KNOW you can do it too!! If you are reading this thread, please try it!!! I know how hard it is to start... but, by starting, you are making that leap, making yourself more healthy with each and every step!! I will post later this evening. Keep on truckin!!!! :):):)

luckyducky
09-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Oh yeah!!!! Got my 3 miles in quickly tonight, just had the energy to keep walkin fast!!!! Felt so goood!!!! I am feeling more and more fit every day!!! I hope someone is reading and doing and feeling the same as I am, it is ALL good!!!!! Happy to be here posting and feeling good about myself!!! Keep on truckin!!!!:):):)

Liz-z78
09-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi luckyducky,
Congratulations on the walking and feeling good! I've just recommitted to regular exercise this past week. I've worked out everyday since Saturday. Went hiking Saturday and Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and today where Walk/Jog days at the gym. Tuesday and Thursday where push workouts. I'm feeling good as well. I am having to push myself to wake up early and get my workouts in before work but I feel so good once I get them done. I have a pretty active job... walking and lifting all day.... so once I get home from work there is no chance of me having the energy to get a workout in.
Well enough rambling... just wanted to let you know someone was reading and feeling the same as you. :)
Keep on walking!

luckyducky
09-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks Liz for chiming in!!! Glad to see you recommitting to your exersize program!!!! Nothing like feeling empowered after you get done exersizing is there!! Hope to hear more from you!!! Keep up the fantastic work!!!! I got up and walked this morning first thing, wish i could do that every day, only thing is... I was more tired this morning walking than any time I walk at night. I wonder why that is? With the days getting shorter, it is more difficult to walk before dark, have to keep starting out earlier and earlier! It is dark when I get up in the morning and take care of my horses, so I don't want to be out walking the trail @ 500 am, too many creatures out there, ya know , like snakes and muskrats and even coyotes, now, I know these things are more scared of me than I am of them ( except the snakes... I am definitely more scared of them!!!!), but, the idea of sharing the trail with one of them doesn't appeal to me... Anyway, sure am feeling good about being motivated and committed!!!! Yay!!!!! Might even feel like walking again tonight, we'll see.... Keep on truckin all!!!!!:):):)

luckyducky
09-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Well, today, it was raining most of the day, so i definitely didn't feel like walking... but, after doing chores out in the rain, I realized I REALLY didn't feel up to walking, but, knew after laying around all stinkin day, I HAD to do somehting! So, I popped in WATP 3 mile express, and MAN did I get a workout!!! Thank heavens in am used to walking 3 miles every day!! That workout would have really been beyond my stamina otherwise! I know am going to be feeling new muscles hurting tommorrow!!! But, Man, hurts SO GOOD!!!! I am happy to be motivated for myself and feeling better and lighter and more healthy all the time!!!Thank GOD!!!!!!! Literally, My prayers are in total gratitude for Him giving me the health and ability to let this temple of His get back into shape!! Hope you all are feeling some kind of motivation also!!!! keep on truckin!!!!!!:):):)

luckyducky
09-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Well, today, only got 2 miles in... had a sick mare, so I thought I would take her for a walk, turns out, she must not have been that sick since, I had to practically drag her on the walk away from the farm, but, on the way back she was not only able to keep up with me, but, she was almost dragging me! That just goes to show, I worry more about the horses than I need to!I was feeling my workout from yesterday though, man, does that Leslie Sansone know how to work the body!! Just by walking in place!! Stay tuned for tomorrow's adventure!!! Keep on truckin!!!:):):)

luckyducky
09-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Sadly, I am not going to walk this evening, I am sick, sick sick!!! Bad cold!! Please, someone help me get back on track tomorrow though!! I could use some motivation and accountability!! Should I just quit this thread and join a more lively one? Some input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks folks who are reading this!

phantastica
03-10-2007, 05:58 PM
I walked my 3-mile route again today - finally nice enough out to walk - and I thought of this thread! Anybody willing to resurrect?