Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #16

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #16

RosieKate
07-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Welcome to Back In Kindergarten #16 to anyone reading this!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Come and join us, All are welcome!!

RosieKate
07-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Good morning!

Ok - I took the plunge and started the new thread. I don't think Susan can do it from her home computer, so I just did it...hope you don't mind. We are having a bit of a heat wave, so the family is hunkered down and not doing too much..hence my lack of computer time. The kids are using it more than usual, then if it gets too hot, it overheats and we have to shut it off for awhile. So here I am at the crack o' dawn, getting my brief little turn.

Thanks for all your get well wishes, I am still having some "issues", but am feeling much better than I did on Sunday. No more runs, but lots of abdominal cramping, headaches, and some nausea. Also very fatigued...haven't been able to exercise much at all this week. I just try to keep up with the kids and lay down when I get a chance.

Sassy - I usually keep a food diary, but it has fallen by the wayside in the last week. I try to keep my snacks very simple, but I do try to have one. Afternoons are a bad time for me, and usually when I make bad food choices, so I try to drink alot of water and have some kind of protein. My fave snack is a piece of string cheese and 3 whole almonds. If I get a sugar craving, I try to have some fruit, either apple or grapes. If I really can't fight the urge to put things iny my mouth, I have been know to put out a bowl of baby carrots or slice up a whole cucumber and just eat on it all afternoon. I really try to avoid sugar except for special treats. I have found that meal replacment bars or shakes just don't work for me because the sugar content ( real or fake) is a trigger. I do best when I stick to simple foods, with lots of produce, and avoid sugars (cane, splenda, corn syrup...that kind of thing)

Susan/NYC - Hot enough for ya? Yikes - Oregon never gets this hot. We went over to the inlaws for dinner. They have AC, so that was very nice. We don't, but can manage if we shut the house in the a.m. and keep fans going.

Bep - sorry you were left here all by your lonesome....how was your baking? Bet everyone just loved it. I admire your ability to do that and still keep to your food plan...baking is hard for me - just can't resist taking bites.

Hi Susan, Jules, Cristina, Shawna, Michelle and anyone else reading this...hopefully my little rugrats will let me have a turn later...if not have a great Saturday and try to stay cool!

chickiemama67
07-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey Everyone,
Sorry I havent been here, I'm going out of town to help open a new store today and will be there until thursday so I have been working some extra hours at my own store before I leave. So, I kind of sorta get a vacation lol, at least from home anyway. We talked to the case worker for our foster son yesterday and it looks like his mom will be losing her rights within the next 2 or 3 months. Then we have to wait for the adoption process. Bless his heart, I know he has alot of issues but when it starts affecting everyone in my own family then I have issues!!!
I think i have put about 3 lbs back on, I can feel it in my jeans. Thats what happens when I dont get to work out consistently. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
I tend to slack on my healthy eating when Im not working out too. Its all in my head so its time to FOCUS!!!
OK, gotta get packed, leaving around 2.
Hugs,
Shawna

Scuzin
07-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Hi

Not too much to report. I think I controlled myself well with our dinner out last night but not being able to work out because of the heat is not good. We'll see what happenes. Well I too need to turn off the computer before it overheats so have a good day everyone!!!

jules1216
07-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Well, DD and I got back around 1:00 AM Friday morning but DH says he doesn't know how since it seems I only have one of the four cylinders working....I told him it was acting up and he told me to just drive it back and I guess that the Smokey mountains did the little car in. We had planned on my DH tinkering with it until next summer when two of our loans are paid off and we can get something new. Our friend brought us a junkyard engine from a wrecked car and DH will somehow test it before actually putting it in the car to make sure it's okay. Sunday DS is coming over to help put it in if DH thinks it will be okay.

The funeral was nice and everyone behaved. The service was on their property near a little creek. Here is a link that shows my DD, DS and their grandfather, his wife and their son taken about four-five (?) years ago my ds would have been around 16/17 and dd 14/15. Even though this was my DH's stepfather and he and MIL divorced when he remarried this wife and had a child, he didn't forget my kids. Of all the grandparents my mom and this man are the most loving and supportive of our kids.

http://www.mem.com/display/Images.asp?ID=1444021&index=27#imageTop

May BBL...

bep
07-22-2006, 03:05 PM
*snicker, snicker*....

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take mycheckbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk, where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so

that I don't accidentally knock it over. I realize the Coke is getting warm,and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the driveway is flooded, the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, there is still only one check in my check book, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled, because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

Sassy_Chick
07-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey everybody! :wave:

Really, really quickly here.........

Thanks so much for ALL your lovely suggestions! Makes me feel better because I was at a loss of what to eat! I thought Salads and grilled chicken was about it for me! lmaooooooo. So you all gave me lots of great ideas! :D

Okay sorry so short!!!!!!!! But I really gotta run!

TTYL!

:hug:

Mom2Gaby
07-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi,

Quickie.

Trying to get ready for camp. It is hot and I have had a tension headache since yesterday.
I am taking Gaby over to the sitter tonight and leaving at 7:30 in the morning. Unless there is laptop I will check in next Saturday. Hope with the mess hall type meals I can manage to lose something. I hate eating in public.

anyway - going to my work place tonight so many can chat more later.

RosieKate
07-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Hello fellow BIK-ers!

Kinda quiet in here today...I have a little free time as DH has taken the kids swimming...I'll be off to yoga soon, but for now some peace and quiet.

Jules - so glad everyone behaved at the funeral..thanks for sharing the picture. Despite the dramas, he sounds like he was a basically good man and a good grandpa to your kids - that means alot. I'm glad you were able to pay your respects.

Susan - have fun at camp! hopefully it won't be too hot :cool:

Susan/NYC - I hear you about the pizza nights. My family seems to have alot of Papa Murphy nights...I try to eat in moderation but sometimes it's hard. It's just so good!

Bep - How's your weekend going? I like what you wrote - I resemble that on many days...lol

Shawna - hope the week at the new store goes well....How's the FS holding up - has to be hard to have a mom with so many problems...thank goodness your family is helping him. Are you and your DH adopting him or is someone else...I can't remember.

Hi Cristina - are you having a heat wave like we are? hopefully you are staying cool....

Sassy - here's the menu for today
B - omelette with 1/2 c. egg substitute and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
1 piece of 100% WW toast with fake margarine
L - 1 c. lowfat cottage cheese, 1 c. lite fruit cocktail, drained, and 12 whole almonds
snack - string cheese and apple
dinner - either a chicken patty or a salmonburger with a big green salad. Might have the WW bun, haven't decided. I might also steam up the rest of some broccoli that's sitting in the fridge - need to eat it up.
Might have a beer.....

Well, DH consulted a naturopath earlier this week with regards to his high cholestrol levels. He wants to take a crack at an aggressive lifestyle approach before starting up Lipitor. Naturally, the naturopath told him that sugar was his enemy...boo hoo. Just what he did not want to hear. He has to exercise more, start weaning off the Coke, and he's taking all the good-for-your-heart supplements like red yeast, guggul, fish oil,,,and some other stuff I can't recall. I told him that if I get into this weight-loss study and he has to be making all these lifestye changes, we could be a good support system for each other. It's helpful when the SOs have similar goals. I have to say, he is already very supportive of improving our diets, but he just never participated fully, if that makes sense. He'll watch me turn down treats and whatnot, and be supportive, yet he wouldn't cut them out. He didn't have to so why should he? Well, now he does....

Get this- he has to keep a food diary for three weeks - he's never done THAT in his life...and I do it all the time...Anyway we are all on board to support him, because we want his cholestrol levels to improve and if he can do it naturally, well, that's all the better.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Sassy_Chick
07-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Good Morning! :coffee:

Thanks for sharing your menu, Katy! ;) I also saw a nice article with about the same information as I'm getting here about eating healthy in the August Issue of Family Circle that MIL gives me after she reads it. I saved it and plan on posting it on the fridge (the article and maybe even making a copy to take with me to work).

I understand how your hubby feels. I was on a low cholestrol diet at the early age of 16! I now have it under control and also take Fish Oil Pills -- they are great! With diet, exercise and the fish oil pills, my cholestrol went down from the 200's to 190 in one month! My dr was even impressed! So tell him to hang in there.

I'm also a diabetic. I need to be better with that, I'm really struggling with it because my husband is NOT a diabetic, although he is the one ironically enough whose parents are BOTH diabetics and nobody in my family has it. lol.

Anyways. I'm done with my work week. I finished a 300 something page book in only 2 days, well really 1 1/2 days because they have cracked down so much on our internet usage. I don't even go to the news sites anymore. Its like being in prision. :( No fun at all. I'm not saying all we do is goof off, no we don't. But working nights is so different. We do have our busy times but we also have a lot of down time too. I think they forget about that and what applies to everybody else doesn't always work for the nightshift. (they are "Cracking Down" on ALL shifts, not just ours)

I would love to see them sitting and staring at a computer screen and waiting for the flipping phone to ring for 10 or more hours at night time without being able to surf the net at all! Yes reading is nice, but one can only read for so long. I just feel like I am in prision at work anymore. I still say we need to wear bright orange jump suits with #'s on them. lol.

Well I haven't done well in the eating dept. at least today was shot. Or should I say Sunday. It was the anniversary of my step father's death so I was a bit down already then hub aggrivated me and that got me to crying. :cry: So frankly I did bad and I just do not care. It was not a pretty day today. Now I'm home and I have healthier things to eat here. Its tough anymore at work, since like I said they are cracking down there. You can't hardly bring anything in anymore without them questioning it. Even food.

We could do without my income, we have before, but its a lot nicer with it and I can't do every job with my back injury. This is one of the few jobs I can do and also I would hate to start all over again, even though I've only been there 8 months, this month, that is 8 months I have put in and to think about starting over at a new co. I think I'd rather deal with the crap going on. But if I could some how make the same or close the amount of $$ I make there and stay home, I surely would quit in a heart beat! I think work is a lot of the problems I have to be honest. But you gotta do what you gotta do to make a living, right?! Like my quote says under my Avatar, "Just keep swimming" from Finding Nemo, Dory.

Well I am getting mighty sleepy :tired: so I will catch up with you later!

I hope I didn't put you all to sleep rambling on like I did! lol.

G'Night!

bep
07-24-2006, 09:16 AM
WEIGH-IN DAY EVERYONE!!!! HOP ON THAT SCALE AND REPORT!!!!

Ok...looks like I am first...

-4 lbs!!!!!

RosieKate
07-24-2006, 10:43 AM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Yay - four carrots for Bep!

You are doing great!

I weighed in at 188 - no change. I'm feeling much better today, so I am hoping to get back into my exercise groove this week - gotta make that scale move.....in the right direction!

Sassy - sorry things are tough at work, but, hey I LOVE to read, so I wouldn't mind that part. I also knit, so I would kill the time doing that, if it was permitted of course. Thanks for sharing about you success with your cholestrol. I really hope this is what happens for DH.

Good morning to everyone else..it's not supposed to be as hot today so hopefully we can all play outside some. This week is pretty loose, kids don't have any scheduled activities. Hopefully we can catch up a bit round here...

Have a great day

Scuzin
07-24-2006, 11:53 AM
morning

I guess I'm down about 1/2 a pound. I haven't been able to exercise in this heat! Not to mention control my food well. But tomorrow I'll be back jogging again and will hopefully see some improvement.

Ugh, I have a dentist appointment this morning. That sends chills down my spine.

Hope everyone is well and good luck on the weigh-ins...Yay Bep on your 4 pounds!

Sassy_Chick
07-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks Katy. I love to read too but it can get old after a while, day in and day out and by this rate I'm going to need a whole library to keep up with stuff to read! (RE: I read a whole book in 1 and 1/2 shifts). lol. I don't knit or anything like that, not even sure they would let you, with having knitting needles....yes they are getting ridiculous. lol. I will find stuff to do, just was venting. lmaooooo. ;)

Hope you all have a great day. I am doing laundry and getting ready to clean. Yippee! lol.

FrouFrou
07-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Hello Chickies!

SUZYQ...Aaaaahhhh...I missed saying good-bye! :( I was reading through the posts without looking at the date and thought you were leaving tomorrow. I hope you have a FUN time at camp! Going to miss you for sure Missy! :hug:

JULES...thank you so much for sharing the memorial-the pictures are GREAT! I LOVE the one where he is on the beach with the dark clouds above. Someone took some really great photos for sure. Glad there was no drama and you made it home safely. I think there definitely was an angel watching over you. :angel:

KATY... glad you are feeling better. When do the kiddo's go back to school? Just realized they start back here on the 17th of August...summer sure went by fast. Hopefully DH can get it down the natural way.

KATHY...I wish I could say DH and I have been enjoying the new pergola. It has been so stinking hot...even at 8 and 9 at night. This week is supposed to be cooler though...only in the 90's, lol. How are you and the kids doing? Password is a word guessing game...it's on the game show network...since it has been so hot the last week that is what I have done...stayed inside and watched games 3 or 4 hours a day...at least it is good for the mind.

SHEL...I love oatmeal and even have it for dinner sometimes. I have a little bit of 2% milk and sweet-n-low in mine and eat about 3/4 of a cup. As far as the other meals, they vary too much, even breakfast. Today though, B=english muffin with peanut butter and an apple...I have that for lunch sometimes also. L=roast beef sandwich, plain and a diet coke and dinner will be a pork chop with a potato. Snacks...I usually have one about 3 or 4 p.m. and it varies also...I buy those 100 calorie snacks, choc. chip cookies and the graham crackers. Also, graham cracker stix, fruit, rice cakes. Just bought a big box of those at SAMS yesterday...caramel and cheddar cheese ones. I've not had those before but the apple ones and the choc. ones are good. Also, sometimes cheese and crackers...I buy those little snack cheddar cheese squares. Anyway, sorry things aren't so good at work...sounds like DH's job. They are getting nit-picky about everything.

SUSAN-NYC...me too! I've not been able to exercise in this heat either! Last week was HORRIBLE! WTG on the 1/2 pound! :bravo: Good luck at the dentist today! I'll be thinking about ya. :hug: The thought of going to the dentist does the same to me too.

SHAWNA...have a safe trip and we will see you when you get back.

BEP...WTG on the loss this week. :carrot:

Well, last week was a bust on the exercise but today is the beginning of getting back on track. I have felt so lazy! But...I can't get moving when it is in the 100's, yikes! I have been keeping up with the water drinking and eating right but I didn't WI this morning...totally forgot until after breakfast. I got up too early and my brain doesn't function until at least 8 a.m and after my first dose of caffeine. I will weigh tomorrow-don't think I have lost anything-we'll see. Went to IF but they were so busy I just turned around and came back home and did the 1 & 2 mile WATP video/dvd (one is a video the other a dvd) so that's 45 mns. tomorrow I will go to the park and walk and then to IF and get back on track. I am so tired of those scales not moving...I want to see it go down, down, down! So tired of being stuck...anyway. Not much been has been going on...worked on the yard yesterday...the heat is taking a toll on my lawn, everything else is doing good though. Last week DS finally bought a decent car :cp: :cp: He found a nice little 2005 Dodge Stratus...think that is what it is. It's a teal color and looks really nice. It's his first really new car and he is loving it. That's about all I have for now...almost time for Jeopardy.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a great day!

Sassy_Chick
07-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Cristina, thanks for all the suggestions and yes our work is getting very nit picky. Makes work so much more unfun. I know its work and all, BUT now its even more work to make sure you aren't doing anything wrong to get canned for.

I just read a book or a magazine now. Which "technically" we are only supposed to be reading technical manuals only, but I would be snoring loudly if I read those at 2 a.m. So I do read actual books and magazines that are not technical. What a risk taker, eh? lol.

Well we rearranged our bedroom. I've been wanting to do it for a while now, but hub never wanted too and I wasn't able to do it all by myself due to my back. So today he totally completely shocked me and said, "I wanna rearrange the bedroom" So we did.

Now I have to clean the bathroom............Yippee.........I don't mind it except for when I have to get on my knees to clean the tub and the bottom of the toilet and around. I want to buy one of those tub scrubby things but have not yet. Anybody here have one? If so which one and do you like it?

I did buy one of those scrubbing bubbles Automatic Shower cleaners, which helps in between cleanings. Even hub likes to push the button. lol.

Well off to clean, wish me luck! lol.

Sassy_Chick
07-25-2006, 03:10 AM
YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Bathroom is ALL clean! :D Well except for the floor. (I did do the floor beside and behind the toilet though).

I decided I wanted it done and OVER with! So its all done! YIIPPPEEEEEEE! Now I just have to clean myself and put laundry away! lol.

:dance:

RosieKate
07-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Hello again, chickies

Cristina - so it's hot there, too...glad you are managing to stay cool. Hope you and V can enjoy the new pergola soon. It's is supposed to be cooling off here..thank goodness. We have no AC, and most of the time don't need it. But those few days....ugh.

Scuzin- yay on the 1/2 lb. It's hard to lose when you can't exercise..so good job.

Sassy- your day was more productive than mine. I watered the garden really well,and hung a load of laundry. It felt like a great accomplishment, lol! I did dig up some potatoes out of the garden and snipped some fresh rosemary from our bush to go with dinner. I love to eat out of the garden. Can't believe your employer won't let you read ....that would drive me crazy. Glad you do it anyway.

Hi Bep, Shawna, Susan, Kathy and anyone else reading this

bep
07-25-2006, 10:47 AM
OK....since we are in Kindergarten, we all love Sesame street, right?

Who's your Inner Sesame Street Character?

http://www.blogthings.com/thesesamestreetpersonalityquiz/

Answer honestly a few short questions and enter get the results in BBCode...

Post your answer here...

bep
07-25-2006, 10:48 AM
You Are Cookie Monster

http://images.blogthings.com/thesesamestreetpersonalityquiz/cookie-monster.jpg

Misunderstood as a primal monster, you're a true hedonist with a huge sweet tooth.

You are usually feeling: Hungry. Cookies are preferred, but you'll eat anything if cookies aren't around.

You are famous for: Your slightly crazy eyes and usual way of speaking

How you life your life: In the moment. "Me want COOKIE!"

RosieKate
07-25-2006, 12:10 PM
C is for cookie...that's good enough for me...
Oh...Cookie cookie cookie starts with C

Guess what? I'm a Cookie Monster, too!

Scuzin
07-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Oscar the Grouch!

Grumpy and grouchy, you aren't just pessimistic. You revel in your pessimism.
You are usually feeling: Unhappy. Unless it's rainy outside, and even then you know the foul weather won't last.
You are famous for: Being mean yet loveable. And you hate the loveable part.
How you life your life: As a slob. But it's not repelling as many people as you'd like!

D'oh! I guess I could have seen that comming...but I swear I'm not a downer ALL the time!!! Anyway, just a quick check in and I'm of running for the 1st time in 5 days...eek!

And yay for the cookie monster...he's fun!

jules1216
07-25-2006, 12:59 PM
***You Are Bert***

Extremely serious and a little eccentric, people find you loveable - even if you don't love them!

You are usually feeling: Logical - you rarely let your emotions rule you

You are famous for: Being smart, a total neat freak, and maybe just a little evil

How you life your life: With passion, even if your odd passions (like bottle caps and pigeons) are baffling to others

Side Note:
From Grey's Anatomy I am a Christina and Desperate Housewives I am an Edie- Nicolette Sheridan's character

jules1216
07-25-2006, 01:04 PM
No scale at home so my weigh in for today is 211--down 3 of the 4 lb mystery gain from last week!!!

My car is up and running again--stayed home yesterday and we got it going--I mostly did bolts and screws, ran to for parts, got yelled at for blowing up the engine and handed the needed tool, but I still have grease under my nails. I am so thankful for having a handy hubby!!

FrouFrou
07-25-2006, 04:41 PM
You Are Bert

Extremely serious and a little eccentric, people find you loveable - even if you don't love them!

You are usually feeling: Logical - you rarely let your emotions rule you

You are famous for: Being smart, a total neat freak, and maybe just a little evil

How you life your life: With passion, even if your odd passions (like bottle caps and pigeons) are baffling to others

RosieKate
07-25-2006, 04:54 PM
I have to get ....away...from...blogthings....aaaargh Bep - this is all YOUR fault! :dizzy: :dizzy:

You Are 24% Evil

http://images.blogthings.com/howevilareyouquiz/evil-2.jpg

A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

How Evil Are You?

http://www.blogthings.com/howevilareyouquiz/

BTW - my exotic dancer name is Stormy
( didn't think I needed forum code for THAT one, lol)

FrouFrou
07-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Good afternoon Ladies...

JULES...glad you got the car fixed and WTG on the loss this week! Woohoo :carrot: :carrot:

KATY...yes, it is still H-O-T!!! Ick! Supposed to be this way into next week. No air?! I would die I think. But then living in CA most of the time we didn't have air either, and you guys' weather is usually a lot cooler than it is here. I couldn't live here without it...the humidity would kill me.

SUSAN/NYC...WTG on getting your run in! :carrot: Hey, I always liked Oscar the Grouch.

SHEL...I am just all over the place when it comes to the food...thinking that's my problem. :shrug: I don't have one of those tub/mop cleaner thingy but I have been meaning to get one. Told DH that is exactly what I need to clean the baths. I have to get in the tubs of both bath's to clean them because of the glass doors on one and the other the tub is deep and wide...feel like I am going to fall in it! Let me know if you get one and if you like it. I'll do the same if I get one before you do.

BEP...thanks for that, too cute. Always liked Seasame Street and the kids loved it growing up.

MS SUZYQ...hope you are having a fun time at camp and it's not too hot.

Hey to everyone else :wave:

When I read Jules post I remembered that I forgot to WI this morning, ugh. Guess I'll just wait until next WI. Geez, I can't believe I forgot! *slaps forehead*

Even though it was a little warm this morning, I managed to get the front and back yard mowed. By the time I finished the back I swear I thought I was going to die! It didn't feel too bad when I started and I rested in between but boy did it get hot! Not going to do that again. Didn't go for a walk this morning so did that for my exercise-was a good work out for sure. Was happy to get back in the house and take a cold shower. Anyway, not much going on today...same old stuff, different day.

Take care ladies and I hope you all are having a nice Tuesday! Hopefully, staying cool!

FrouFrou
07-25-2006, 05:06 PM
You Are 34% Evil

A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

I never thought of myself as evil, lol!

Going to have to go back and do some more of those...lol.

My theme song:

Your Theme Song is Beautiful Day by U2

"Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away"

You see the beauty in life, especially in ordinary everyday moments.
And if you're feeling down, even that seems a little beautiful too.

jules1216
07-25-2006, 08:13 PM
***You Are 62% Evil***

You are very evil. And you're too evil to care.
Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Hubby yelling...have to go see what he wants.....

RosieKate
07-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh ...this is too much fun...

I failed 8th grade Spanish ( got 50% correct)

I have an 84% chance of becoming a multimillionaire ( yippee)

I am 73% Gemini

and the year I belong in is 1977

Ok so I got a little bored today.......

Hope you are all having a good one

Sassy_Chick
07-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey everybody!

Well I'm the Cookie Monster too! :)

I'm 54 % Evil............

You Are 54% Evil

http://images.blogthings.com/howevilareyouquiz/evil-3.jpg

You are evil, but you haven't yet mastered the dark side.
Fear not though - you are on your way to world domination.

How Evil Are You?

http://www.blogthings.com/howevilareyouquiz/

Also I just cleaned the bathroom the old fashioned way, with lots of elbow and knee grease! lol. I've heard from people that those Mr. Clean things don't clean as well as they say............so just decided to do it the way I've alwaysa done it! ;)

suetalks
07-25-2006, 11:49 PM
***You Are Ernie***

Playful and childlike, you are everyone's favorite friend - even if your goofy antics get annoying at times.

You are usually feeling: Amused - you are very easily entertained

You are famous for: Always making people smile. From your silly songs to your wild pranks, you keep things fun.

How you life your life: With ease. Life is only difficult when your friends won't play with you!

Hello Sesame Street buddies. Who was my dear friend Bert? :)
I really was surprisd to be Bert...I have quite a sense of humor, but I think I am also clever. Oh well. Love SS anyway.
Hope you are all doing great here. I have had computer trouble and plan to call a tech tomorrow. I am on DH's laptop tonight and hate the keyboard.
New house is looking good. The brick is all on, garage door and opener, paint..etc. Flooring gets started this week ands the kitchen guy comes next week. I FINALLY picked the bedroom carpets, so that is done. No curtains or blinds yet...but I have 6 weeks.
I took new pictures, but my computer being down ..of course the photos are on there. I will take more.
Talk to you later...

Scuzin
07-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Good Morning

yay for me, I gotten a lot of exercise in! Trouble is I've also gotten a lot of cookies in too...guess I should have been a cookie monster ;)
Ugh, I went to the dentist and of course I have to go back. I'm very self concious about my teeth. I hate them with a passion. I'm 22 and looking forward to dentures just so I don't have to deal with getting filling after filling and crowns and stains and root canals and crookedness. :yikes:

:tantrum: ok rant over

Sue - house sounds like its looin' good!

Cristina - I did a lot of yard work in the hot sun yesterday too. My dad was trimming the hedge-of-reduculous-length around our yard and I was racking up after. I agree...don't want to do that again! :faint:

bep
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone! Nothing really going on here. I am doing great with eating though.

FrouFrou
07-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Good afternoon chickies :wave:

I am melting....so tired of this heat.

SUSAN-NYC...funny, for most of my life I was afraid of dentures. My mother got them at the ripe old age of 29, yikes! So for many years I had this dream I would be somewhere and my teeth would just start falling out. Now...I am at an age where I think the same...get the dentures and be done with it, lol! Well, at least we both got in lots of exercise...wish I had some cookies though, lol.

KATY...I do the same thing...I get bored and go all over the internet and those yesterday were fun, lol. Ran out of time though and there were so many more I wanted to do, lol!

SUE...can't wait to see pictures of the new house...it's getting closer...bet you guys are excited too! I'm excited for you. Any offers on your house? Keeping my fingers crossed that you get one soon. :crossed:

BEP...good for you for doing great with the eating.

SUZYQ...sure do miss you around here missy. Hope you are having a fun time though. Bet the girls are missing you too!

SHEL...I almost bought one of those bath mop thingy's. I didn't though because it seemed kind of high priced. I was at the local grocery store and figure I can get it a little cheaper at Wal-Mart or Target. Going to Target Friday to pick-up DS's bd cake so will check theirs then. It's so hard cleaning those showers and tubs-I HATE shower enclosures!

HI SHAWNA, JULES, MICHELLE and KATHY! :wave:

Not much going on...still hot here. For some reason I slept until 10 a.m., yikes! Not sure what was up with that except that I woke up this morning at 1 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep for a while. Went and bought groceries and that's about it. Just taking the groceries from the car into the house made me sweat...that is how hot it is. So now I am doing some laundry and that is about it, other than a little bit of cleaning, actually just straightening the house. It's never really dirty so there never really is much to do. Anywho...gotta go give the doggy a bubble bath, oh joy. He hates it and I always get wet! Need to shave him as well.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. Take care ladies :wave:

Sassy_Chick
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey Ladies!

Well I woke up to my once "clean" bathroom to a not so clean bathroom! :mad:
The maintenance man came to fix our sink that was leaking, which I'm glad of that and to fix our toilet which we've had a problem with since Day #1 of living here. BUT you think he would clean up his mess after like our maintenance man before him did? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So I'm glad I didn't get the whole floor finished, but what I did do (beside and behind the toilet) is not all not clean again! And do you think my dear sweet husband could have cleaned up after the guy BEFORE I woke up???????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MEN!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Hub has "retreated" to his office and most likely will stay there for a bit.......lmao.

So I cleaned up the sink and toilet, but decided to wait on the floor. I was on my hands and knees cleaning that floor and what not, as I always do, and that is no easy task for me, with my back the way it is. So the floor will wait!

Anyways...............I know its not that big of a deal, but just made me mad that was the 1st thing I saw when I woke up!

Anywho.........today I'm not doing nothing! I finished my laundry yesterday so today I'm doing nothing since tomorrow night is back to work! Dread that..........:p

So I hope you all are having a good evening! ;)

Sassy_Chick
07-26-2006, 06:09 PM
P.S............Did any of you happen to see the movie, "Fever Pitch" with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon? We watched it lastnight as it was on Showtime on Demand, and its a very cute movie! Even hub liked it! ;)

jules1216
07-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Just checking in really quick....Billing day today at work!!! Yuck--extremely busy for me since the co-worker who has been out since the end of April is still out with no definite date of coming back--she is released to work at home but almost everything we do needs the system :( ! I am just really blue with Elvan's death and the extra money for the trip and then $ for the car repair has me stressed (like I wasn't stressed before) I am blessed though, if DH couldn't have done all the work I would have needed a new car before my budget allows......

bep
07-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi everyone! Sure is quiet in our neck of the woods! Must be everyone is busy! Not much to post...have been doing good with cals. Ta Ta!

Scuzin
07-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi All

Ugh, I'm on some sort of an eating spree. Hope it will end soon. Hope you all are well, bye!

Sassy_Chick
07-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Where is everybody........(echoooo echoooooooooo) lollllllll.

Hope you all are doing well!

:hug:

RosieKate
07-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi to all of you!

Not much going on here...I have more housecleaning to do today...so exciting

I've been keeping my food diary this week and it has been going well. Scale hasn't budged...yet... keeping my fingers crossed.

The weather has cooled down a bit so we are more comfortable...hope you are all staying cool. Have a great day

bep
07-28-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm definitely staying cool. I have been mostly keeping myself inside in the a/c.

I'll be smokin' again today. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm!!! I am going to do a big ole turkey breast and some chicken. Light & Yummy!

Other than that, just some cleaning, laundry, and keeping my kiddos entertained.

Scuzin
07-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Morning!

Stuffed myself with cookies last night :( I"m not sure what's wrong. I'm scared to look at the scale monday because I know I've done some damage. MUST DO BETTER TODAY

On a happy note I get to get out of the house and go visit some friends for the night back in my college town. it will be nice to see people once more bofore I leave. 19 days and counting!

I have a cold sore. ARG. I'm not sure what caused it this time either...I haven't been sick or crazy stressed...at least its small...only looks like a big zit.

Katy - Yes thank goodness it has cooled off...I never thought I would be excited to see overcast skies in the morning

Mom2Gaby
07-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Checking in real fast.

I gained so much this week! My plan of eating sensible went out the window with pizza the first night and gravy served in some form for most meals. I even had a bowl of gravy one morning (a white gravy with sausage - yum) ate it like soup!!!
I enjoyed the children and would go back as a counselor . I totally hated the arts and crafts - bunch of control freak women who sat inside all day. So, counselor next year!!!
Going to bond with the girls.
Read an email from baby sis who has decided to keep the money from the life insurance. I guess the apple didn't fall far. After we had talked of sharing it equally for the last 2 months.

anyway - I will try and catch up over the weekend!!

bep
07-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi & welcome back!!! What kind of camp did you go to?

Mom2Gaby
07-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Thank you Bep!

I still haven't catched up. You might look up Camp Rosenbaum to see where I went . It is for low income children - it is staffed with military, police/firemen, & housing authorities. It is free for the children and they have a blast. They get clothes, Nike shoes, duffle bags - hair cuts- and I think they were even sent home with a disc of pictures from the week. The kids got to see their couselors in uniform today that was kind of neat.

I got a tan and I must have gained 10 pounds. I couldn't even zip my jeans Thursday - I lived in my shorts all week. Sitter gave Gaby a bop and she looks so cute.

Anyway, I am drinking water and eating apples and cantelope for the weekend. Try and clear out my system from gravy. :D

jules1216
07-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Okay...now you will all see why I hate pictures of me, especially at 214 lbs. This is me, my DD -Teri, my neice -Trish(daughter of SIL), my SIL-Chris, my nephew Ben (who is a twin, on of step-SIL), my psycho MIL- Lee, the new wife Rita and Caleb the son of the Rita and the step-Dad Elvan)

http://www.sonlightdancergalleries.com/photos/84384510-S.jpg

jules1216
07-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Suzy--Glad you are back..you are the glue that keeps us all stuck together!!

Nothing much going on today--still feeling blue, wish I could shake the feeling. DH & I might go on the motorcycle to some friends if it doesn't rain. Yesterday I got spark plugs & an air cleaner and helped DH change a something that was rubbing.....like I am suppossed to be able to tell you what it was... The car is running better the engine we put in had 80,000 miles on it when the car was rear ended so it should make it until my budgeted date of next summer until my loan is paid off and I can get a new car!!

Hope everyone has a good day and I may BBL!

Mom2Gaby
07-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi Jules! You look fine. I hate pictures of myself too. I am not weighing for a week. Need to get some of this gravy weight off first. I also need to cut sme hair off - maybe that will be good for a couple pounds?? Way too long.....(it is all about me, huh?? -lol)

Anyway - Breakfast: 1/2 a chonga (sp) bagel, slice of cantelope and 1/2 a maple bar. lol - hey - no gravy at least!! woo hoo I can feel those pounds dripping off of me!

Ernie is who I would be from Sesame Street - so what does that mean??
I have laundry and cleaning to do. Catch up on sleep and get ready for Mondays work.

Garnishment is over!!!! $1038 paid over 2 months!! yay.....

chat in a bit! Hope you all have a super Saturday!

Mom2Gaby
07-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Good Afternoon!!

Drinking some water, need to go to the store for dinner items and craving cantelope for some reason.

Girls were right we have fleas. Infested!!!! UGH. I sprayed last week and that seemed to help but when I came home last night after a week away - they were back. I gave the cat to my mother weeks ago and she doesn't have fleas so thinking they are coming in from the grounds?? Ick . Spoke with the manager today and they gave me 2 foggers to set off - which I did. Have to be out of the unit for 4 hours - and they promised I can have a exterminator come next week to treat some more. I can not live with fleas - freaks me out. They start from the back patio and half way in the living room - you can see em jumping in the carpet - ewwwww, ick and....ick,ick,ick. At least they aren't roaches!! ewww.

Lunch - albacore tuna with steamed veggies - drinking water - so far 16 oz..lol ......hey, I am working on it!!!

I am going to take my butt outside for a 3 mile walk, I am, I swear. Here I go.....chat later!!

Mom2Gaby
07-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Good Evening!!

You all must have lives?? WhatEVER - I can chat with myself.

I put a new bag in my vaccum. I vaccumed real good and took the bag out to the garbage cans and cut the bag open to see dead fleas (wild & crazy chick!!) and what I saw was live ones still!!! Ick, ick, ick......I don't think that friggin fogger did a darn thing. I did get a lot of them though.

I walked 3.5 miles - took me an hour. I ate a salad for dinner and a slice of steak.

I think I did pretty good today - course the day isn't over - haha

How are you all?????? I guess I should go back and read :)

Chat later!!

chickiemama67
07-29-2006, 10:27 PM
well im finally back home, getting some rest tomorrow before i go back to work monday for a crazy week, back to school sales starting and school begins aug 11th. chat soon
chickie

bep
07-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Oh wow...LOOOOOONG day of shopping. I started out this morning and got home sometime after 6pm. Only about 1/2 of it was fun...the rest was groceries. It takes a ton of work to push one of those packed full grocery carts all around. There were a few things that I just couldn't find and pushed that crazy thing all over trying to find them. Finally I gave up. *sigh* I swear that men design where things go in a grocery store. Rarely do I ever find things in areas they should be in.

Anyway...I ended up with 1,645 cals for the day which is more than I would normally eat, but I know I burned a lot today.

Sassy_Chick
07-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey Ladies.

Suzy Q. Buy a flea collar, cut it up, and put it in your vaccum bag. If you have animals, get them Frontline, you can get it off the net for a good price. My vet recommended Zodiac Spray when we had a bad case of fleas once. :goodluck:

I started out good today, but then I flubbed at din din. I was bad and went too long in between meals and so by dinner I was starved and my sugar crashed. :( Sooooooo I need to buy me some healthy snacks and then TAKE & KEEP them @ work.

Have a Good Day!

P.S. -- I forgot to tell you -- Remember that Stray Mama Cat we have that we didn't know if her babies survived or not? Well today leaving for work, we saw them! She has 4! They were in between the bushes right next too where we park our truck. Two are tiger, one is Tuxedo (like her) and one is all black I think. We asked around at work and we have one guy who said he would take the tiger babies once they are weened. I plan on asking another guy tonight who has a "Soft Spot" for animals. We are very worried that her babies will get ran over because they are moving now. But when we got home from work tonight, she must have had them hidden because we didnt' see them. So maybe she will keep them out of harms way........at least until they are older. Anyways Just thought I would let you all know. We have BABIES! :bb:

Mom2Gaby
07-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Good Morning!

Shawna - I swear girl - you are always working!! Tell people to go bare foot.

Sassy - I bought the Zodiac spray - used the whole can. It seemed to help but obviously thet are back. We have little grass around the building and tons of cats - who are all itching. lol - I like the idea of the flea collar!! Cute about the mama cat.

Bep - I love shopping for food! haha. We have one store (Lambs - for Katy) that makes no sense in their lay out. I can never find anything in the logical place - frustrating and I never go there.

Breakfast - scrambled eggs, hash browns and 1/2 a bagel. After camp I am kind of into potatoes - might call myself the Potato Queen from now on - who knows.

I drank 30 oz's of water yesterday - piss poor attempt!!! Today I will do better. Cute how I drink a bottle and head out for a walk. Had to rush into a nursing home and use the loo.

Dog park and walk on are on the agenda- otherwise just taking it easy for back to work tomorrow. yay......

Mom2Gaby
07-30-2006, 02:56 PM
MONDAY is weigh in day!!!!

Michelle - Kathy - Katy - Cristi - Susan NYC - Sue - Bep - Shawna - Sassy - Jules.

Who else?? I forget......lol -sorry......

anyway - put your hashbrowns down and jump on that scale - bond with it and make it your best friend. *snicker*......

chat later.....

Mom2Gaby
07-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Good Evening!

I walked 3.5 miles today. I ate a blob of rice and a piece of steak. I am guessing my calories around 1300 for the day. I drank 40 oz' s of water. I think I did ok. Lets see if I can walk tomorrow after a day of work - that is going to be hard.

anyway - how are you all doing??

bep
07-31-2006, 02:06 AM
SuzyQ...exactly just how much is a blob?? LOL!

Anyway...sorry I haven't been on much! By the way...confessional here...I ate McD's and a hand dipped ice cream waffle cone tonight. GRRR. Stupid me. Of course, I was with friends...that is my downfall area.

Chat more later...I am pooped.

Mom2Gaby
07-31-2006, 11:42 AM
A blob?? A mound........lol probably 300/400 calories,,,,yum with soy sauce. I love rice.

Weigh in!! I weighed, I wasn't going too because I wasn't....lol but I did and wish I hadn't...but whatEVER damage is done and I certainly enjoyed every minute of the gravy trail....so I am UP (no surprise) to 178.4.......lol woohoo....you go gurl.....

Breakfast: a plain bagel and an apple.

I think I will take my tracker down - it is getting worn spots going up and down. hehe

jules1216
07-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi girls I am still at 211 from last week--at least I didn't hop back up to 214!!!

My DH decided to cut up some down trees for the woodpile--I got to stack and it was really hot and humid!! Definitely drank my water!! Made spinach stuffed shells with low fat ricotta, mozarella & parmesan and some broccoli on the side--it was really good but I probably ate more that I should have!!

I really need to get back into going to the gym 3 times a week. I have been thinking about closing my membership at Slim-n-Tone and going back to the dreaded Gold's Gym where I feel like I am 10X bigger than the other people there. There are alot more classes and a lot more weight machines--I need to step it up and get the scales to go in the right direction!!!

Well, I gotta get back to work!!

Scuzin
07-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi!

Sorry I've been gone. I went to visit some friends over the weekend and then there was a big lunch with my grandma yesterday. I've been busy and bad bad bad! I'm going to hold off on the weigh in till next week I think. Too scared to look! But I am ready to run this morning as soon as I get some things cleaned up around the house.

I hope you all are well and haveing great news on weigh in day

FrouFrou
07-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Hello Chickies!

Hiya SUZYQ! Glad you had a GREAT time at camp! But sorry you had to come home to icky fleas...gross! You'll get back on track and get that extra weight off in no time...all that matters is you had a GREAT time!

JULES...hope today is a better day for you. :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave: Sorry this is short...want to check out some other threads before I get off here at 3. I will be back tomorrow for sure since I will be stuck home all day...well, from 8-5 anyway. Will chat more tomorrow.

Did weigh in and despite not getting any exercise in in the last two weeks and eating poorly...I am down a pound! WOOHOO...it's about time! :carrot:

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Jeez louise...forget to say to Jules...I think you look good in the picture. But like everyone else...I don't like seeing myself in pictures either. But it is a good picture and Terri looks like you too...very nice!

Mom2Gaby
07-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Cristi, Jules & Susan/NYC..........

What about CURVES Jules?? I like the idea of just other women around when I work out. I don't wanna sweat around men. lol

SusanNYC I weighed! Gravy and all - it wasn't as bad as I thought. :D Still counting the days til NYC??

Cristi - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I am so tired!!I had a good time. When I was eating the banana split sundae though while watching the derby races I felt like I had reached my limit. lol I am munching on a watermelon and have a greek salad with tuna to eat for lunch. Congrats to you on the weight loss!!!

I am tired. I am just trying to keep my eyes open....chat later....zzzzzzz

RosieKate
07-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Hiya hiya

Cristina - congrats on the lost pound....hard to do with the heat n' all!

Susan- welcome back; glad you had a good time at camp. Hope you can get rid of those fleas - yuck.

Susan/NYC - welcome back to you, too

Hi Bep and Shawna and Jules( I liked your picture)

I was doing well all week, then I partied on Saturday and undid all that work. The food was delish.....lots of kabobs - veggie, lamb, and seafood....ate a bunch of chocolate cake. My body just went "Waaaah?" not used to that, since I really try to avoid sugar. So yesterday I had a tummy ache all day. And I weghed in at 190 today - boo hoo...I had it coming.

I made it to exercise class this morning and did a big shopping trip to Costco (a workout in itself) bought mostly healthy things. I am aiming for 5 exercise classes this week and I am writing everything down.....

James is off to an OMSI camp all week. Its all about designing computer games. He is so excited - he had his storyboard all laid out before he even left today. I am hoping to get some stuff done around here while he's busy.

Hope you are all having a good day

Mom2Gaby
07-31-2006, 06:08 PM
What happened to your trackie thingie Katy??

*sigh* about the fleas - when I told the manager about them and asked if they had any fleas in their apt - she denied having any in the same breath as saying fleas don't bother her. <eyes roll>,,,,,they bother me!! also had the neighbor up stairs playing annoying country music at 2:15 am from the parking lot - loud - went for 30 minutes before I went out there to see Yahoo asleep in his truck..........

I don't think I could eat lamb......ick - what does it taste like? Love Costco cakes......was the cake from costco??

zzzzzzzz, back to bed.

jules1216
07-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Another picture that shows me better...

http://www.sonlightdancergalleries.com/photos/84368295-S.jpg

jules1216
07-31-2006, 06:20 PM
BBL from home...it's almost quitting time!!

RosieKate
07-31-2006, 07:43 PM
there - fixed it!

Susan - love the new pic of you and Gaby

Jules - couldn't get in to see your pic - need a password

Ok - laundry is done and hanging on the line, Costco booty is all put away AND I cleaned the kitchen - time to knit.... darn it - gotta go get the DS...then I can come home, pour a glass of wine and work on this beeyooteeful stole I started for my mother.

http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/V4_shawls.html

you might have to scroll down..it's the Baltic Sea Stole..I'm making it in a deep mossy green - very sea-like

ok - bbl
K

jules1216
07-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Katie--try the pic again--the shawl looks nice, your mother should like it alot!! I feel sick when I eat too much of something sweet--who would have known!! (Doesn't stop the cravings though!!)

SuzyQ--that Gabster is the cutest!! I tried Gold's before and I hated it because I felt fat and the perverts kept eyeing up my cute 14 year old daughter!! There are alot of classes being offered and they are open 7 days a week and I could actually grab a bite to eat BEFORE working out instead having to rush to the Slim-n-Tone and then being starved by the time I get home. I hate fleas!!

Cristina--if you think DD looks like me wait until I can post one of my DS....way to go on the pound lost!!

SusanNYC--go ahead and look--it might not be as bad as you think!!

Well I brought some stuff home from work and I gotta get started!!

suetalks
07-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Hello...I just got my computer back after having it fixed. I am trying to set my favorites and all that good stuff. SO far it works at least. :)

I didn't lose this week, but STARTED afresh. Maybe Aug. will be the month for me. I am one of those who has lost and gained the same 5 pounds for a loooong time. Right now I am on the gained side of the poundage. :(

New house is doing great, have the cabinets coming this week and the tile floors being done. No offer on the selling of our house, but it has had 2 showings that I haven't heard back on. Actually have one family who wants it, but they have a house to sell too. So, time will tell. We will be moving in just a month. Yay!

Hi to you all.

bep
08-01-2006, 09:45 AM
How-day everyone!!!! I am down 2 lbs!

Mom2Gaby
08-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I like your location Bep!! We are narrowing you down now! :D

Hi Sue! Lets all start anew! I didn't walk last night, I was so tired. I need a better plan. It is hard to exercise with a little one that you can't leave in bed sleeping. wah, wah.

I had an apple this morning for breakfast. I wanted to go get a watermelon and salad for lunch w/ albacore tuna.

I weighed at 176 this morning! My goal is to be 166 by August 31st.

k- how are all of you??? Is Michelle MIA???? I have her address maybe I will drop her a card.

chat later........

chickiemama67
08-01-2006, 02:29 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, its so nice to be back in my own store...were getting ready for no tax weekend this weekend.......should be a war zone in here lol!!! anyway, im sitting tight at 245, havent been to the gym consistently for the past month and being out of town on business didnt help the diet!!! but its back in the gym for this chick this week, water aerobics tonight, that shouldnt be too bad oh my stiff back. chat later
shawna

suetalks
08-01-2006, 03:21 PM
SuzyQ- Try this and see if the little one won't do it with you. You can do it while watching tv. But where you can see a clock.
Do 2 minutes walking in place..just a normal pace
Do 3 minutes side stepping...just a step to the side and then back, alternating sides.
Do 1 minute marching in place
Do 3 mins. knee lift...alternate sides..just lift the knees high
Do 1 min. marching or walking in place
Do 3 minutes kicking alternating legs out
Do 2 minutes walking or marching.

Does that add up to 15 minutes? It also adds up to a mile walked if you do it at a steady pace. (I got this from a magazine article)
Sure beats walking in this heat and you can do it while Gaby sleeps. It is even more fun to music.
Another tip is to just get up and walk in place or march in place during every commercial while tv watching.
Okay, I admit, I am full of good advise...just need to do it myself.

Another Susan....:)

Scuzin
08-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi!

Ugh Dentist this morning and my mouth is al sore...two more appointments next week too :'(

No running to day but a good hour of yard work...racking and loading wheelburrows

Bep - Congrats on the two pounds!!!

Check in later

FrouFrou
08-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Okay...ran out of time again, darn it. I will be back later to write more, sorry.

Hope everyone is having a good day! :wave:

BBL

suetalks
08-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Well, after I typed the hints to Suzy Q I decided to take my own advise. I got in 20 minutes of the walking exercise and 10 minutes of my arm exercises. Must admit it makes me feel so good. I don't know why I can't keep it up!
Susan- ugh! I do not like the dentist at all. Hope your mouth doesn't stay sore for long.
Cristina- Hi..you sound like me always on the run.

Hope to check back in tomorrow. Hi all!

bep
08-01-2006, 11:40 PM
I did great today! 1,270 cals with some exercise tonight out working in my gardens. I was eating cucumbers and cherry tomatoes out of my garden today! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....can't get much better than that!

suetalks
08-01-2006, 11:57 PM
Finally got some photos of the new construction to post.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suetalks/album?.dir=4320re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suetalks/my_photos

suetalks
08-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Way to go Bep. Fresh out of the garden are the best!

bep
08-01-2006, 11:59 PM
I LOVE that corner! I have seen that done before and it is adorable! The whole place is adorable!

Mom2Gaby
08-02-2006, 12:16 AM
You have seen what before Bep?? What corner?......*mumbles under breath* I love the house and the lawnmowers home Sue, very nice!!!
Congrats on the healthy eating Bep!!!
Sorry about the sore mouth Susan/NYC!! How many more days til NYC?
You promised to come back Cristi and you never did!!!

btw- Jules - you are very pretty!!

I wrote down what u wrote Sue -I will try it tonight. I need to get Gaby to bed.

chat tomorrow.

bep
08-02-2006, 10:28 AM
You have seen what before Bep?? What corner

LOL...the corner of the house...on a different house, you goof! :dizzy:

suetalks
08-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Still chuckling here...Bep and Suz..you two are a good combo. :)

Thanks for liking my house...it is going to be so much fun. DH worked hard and is proud of his "shed."

I am proud of myself as I sit here getting my shoes on for another walking exercise...AND I only had banana and cereal for breakfast. Let's see how this day goes. I am home alone for the day and that is a dangerous eating time for me.
Not much to do as I finished washing and ironing yesterday. The house is clean since we just showed it. Hmmm, maybe I can read or sew...yay!

Mom2Gaby
08-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Good Morning!! I am back!

Bep - whatever.....you have to be more clear in your writing!! I don't understand a word you write!! lol........I thought you were Sue's daughter and had seen the corner before or maybe you lived in the neighborhood and had driven by the house. I dunno.....I never saw the corner before.....

ugh - I am sooooooooooooo thirsty!! I had one of those McMuffin sandwishes from McD - the ones that are like 500 zillion calories. I will be drinking water all day now.

You are such an inspiration Sue!! I did your exercise thing for 5 minutes - I felt stupid walking in place. ....so I went to bed...lol

oh- I need water.....

chat in a bit.....

Scuzin
08-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Morning

:yawn: *yawn* I just don't seem to have energy this morning! I'm just wiped. Anyway, my big adventure starts 2 weeks from today. I fly out to D.C. and take a bus to my orientation in a small town in PA for a few days. Then its off to NYC for local orientation and starting my job at the school. I'm really not sure wht to expect, but I think it will be a very good year.

Bep - great job with eating healthy! That is my biggest problem always

Sue - nice house, I really love the lawn mower house, very cute :)

Hi SuzyQ and everyone :wave:

suetalks
08-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Lawnmower house sounded so much better than SHED..and DH has worked so hard on it. It needed a nicer name. Thanks all!

bep
08-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh boy...TOM hit me smack between the eyes this morning. :devil: I have had some junk this afternoon....about 15 M&M's, some baked Doritos (at least they were the baked kind), and some oatmeal raisin cookies (hey now....at least they are a little healthy). :o The first couple days of AF are the worst for me. After that, I feel more like normal.

FrouFrou
08-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Hello Ladies...

I know, I know...I said I would be back last night to post more but I got this horrible headache. Thought it was going to be a migraine because they usually start out behind my eyes...maybe just a mild migraine, but worse than a regular headache. :dunno: Anyway, it was bad enough that I had to go lay down with a cold, wet cloth on my eyes and forehead and sleep it off. Still lingering somewhat today but lots better.

SUZYQ...I love the new avatar! I hope you keep this one up for a while...Gaby is the cutest! And it is a good one of you also. But I liked the one of you in the pink sweater also...that was a good one.

SUE...you have a purdy house! I love the bayed windows, and the lawnmower house (does sound better than shed, lol) is cute! Was just telling DH a couple of days ago we need a lawnmower house to get a lot of stuff out of the garage. Have you decided on blinds/drapes etc. yet? Hope you get an offer on your house soon. :crossed:

JULES...I like this picture better, and yes, I do think DD looks like you. So now you will have to show me a picture of DS. None of my kids look like me. Actually, Josh does a little in the face...if you can get passed the black hair. He has black hair (people always ask if he dyes it, lol) but blue eyes and white skin like me and he's built like me...high hips and all except that he is taller. The kids are lucky they don't look lik me though. I love that the boys have black hair and DD has dark brown. She is always saying "I should have had black hair." lol I'll have to find a pic of them. Anyway, that is a good picture of you and I like your hair.

KATY...I like the shawl! I also like the ones above it, especially the leaflace one. You are so crafty...I'm jealous. :)

SUSANNYC...are you getting excited about your trip? I'm glad you have family there. It would be a little scary for me to go to NY and not know anyone. Hope the visit to the dentist wasn't too bad.

BEP...WTG on the loss this week! :carrot:

SHAWNA...glad you are back home.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Sorry, I haven't been on much. Over the weekend V and I worked some more on the pergola...round 2. I had more to stain, ick. Think that is how I lost the pound...being out in the heat...sweating my butt off, if only it were that easy, lol. Rather than buy the lattice already made (falls apart to easy) he made his own out of thicker, better wood so it would last. We put the stuff you buy already made around the bottom of the deck and the wind has done a number on it, still looks okay (otherwise we would have taken it down) but it is falling apart slowly. He also ordered the pipe that will go above the lattice and then we will be done...no more staining, just have some touch up to do. I really do like it. Anyway, went and bought groceries this morning in V's junky truck. Jason and I have been using it because the city decided to work on the streets and they put this sand/oil mixture down yesterday and then came back and put more sand down and the streets are a mess! I don't want the stuff in the driveway or garage so we are using V's truck since he parks it on the street, lol. Other than that not much going on.

Hope everyone is having a good day! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
08-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi Cristi - I will keep the picture up. I love looking at Gaby - she is so sweet. I don't like her picking up naughty words from the older girls - have to keep them apart - I guess- until the girls can mind. *sigh* Hope you are feeling better!!!
I heard from an old friend last night! That was nice - he lives in eastern oregon, he broke my heart 6 years ago.
I did horrid on my eating today! I had a salad and albacore but also a bag of mini pretzels - ick..so much salt. I feel so fat.
I have TOM too Bep!! I was craving chocolate last night - instead I had a beer ,,,,,,lol .....

anyway...........I think I will head out now....chat tomorrow.

bep
08-02-2006, 11:44 PM
I plead the 5th on my eating for the rest of the day. :o

I gotta shape up! I am going to get no where like this! Well...no where but fatter! :^:

chickiemama67
08-03-2006, 10:56 AM
well im off work today woohooo, have to get rested up for the crazy weekend. this is the first year that tennessee has had no tax weekend for back to school. it is going to be crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy. so far this week i havent made it to the gym.......but ive been lifting cases of shoes everyday and getting shoe boxes in to the wall........running around the sales floor like a chicken with its head cut off so i think that is considered some type of exercise....:rofl: ive done pretty well with my eating, but i did make a chocolate cake last night just because .........the good thing about that is theres 5 other people in this family to help me eat it ........:dizzy:
ok i gotta get off here have to to get one of the dd to the eye dr.
hugs
shawna

Mom2Gaby
08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Good Morning!!

Do we need to put our cow pictures up again??? I had a McMuffin again this morning. I woke feeling horrid - managed to get dressed and out the door on time though.

Feel fat, look fat say Moo on command. lol

chat later!!

RosieKate
08-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I have an exciting morning of housecleaning ahead of me, so I thought I'd procrastinate a little and come play with my friends in kindergarten!

Weightwise I keep bouncing around between 188 and 190 this week. I'm really trying hard to watch it - it is hard because we discovered the Hershey's brownie mix from Costco is REALLY good - think it's triple fudge chunk or something gawdawful like that. What was I thinking? Fortunately, the mix is bagged up in individual batches, so I haven't had too many lying around to tempt me. I baked up some for our neighborhood National Night out potluck. I think I'll keep the rest around, in the bag, for potluck purposes, kid's playdates, etc. On the good side, the same trip to Costco yielded lots of fresh produce and many other healthy items...so I'll eat on those.

Susan - Love the pic of Gaby - she is growing up so fast. Did you make it to the Insight meeting last night? I go on the 16th - just thought I'd get a sneak preview from you if you went.

Cristina - I am enjoying the process of making this stole...very relaxing. I like that Lace Leaf shawl, too. I made the Flower Basket, which is similar. It is easier than it looks and a quick knit, believe it or not. I ordered some more yarn (just what I need - not)...had to, of course - it was on sale, lol! I have a question for you - I think I recall you and V painting one of your room a very pretty green color. If you can recall the brand and number, could you pass that along to me? I am going nuts trying to decide on a paint color for our new bedroom. I have a view of our nice lush, green backyard, and I am now thinking I would like to find a nice green color for the walls to harmonize with the outdoors. We have looked at an array of earthtones - they all look like poop. I am looking at a palette of pumpkin colors, which could work and the adjacent rooms are similar in shade...ugh. If I stare at anything too long, it all looks like crap -

Sue - love the pics of the house - it's really coming along, isn't it? I like your bay window....and your lovely wooded lot. You and your DH are really going to like it there.

Bep - hang in there. TOM is the worst, isn't it. Just keep drinking lots of water and try get some exercise. I find that helps with cravings... at least a little. Other times, I just give in and say "tomorrow is another day"

Shawna - good luck with the tax free day. Sounds like you will be very busy - but it will be good for business, that's for sure. OR has no sales tax, and believe me people like it that way. Course it does make it hard to fund the schools when the economy tanks...guess that's just what we have to live with.

Susan/NYC - the countdown begins...you will have a great adventure..wish I had done more of that kind of thing when I was younger..but I went straight from college into grad school and I was/am married to a homebody, so that was that. Enjoy!

My garden is kicking in...I have been eating lots of cucumbers, green beans and I dug up some new potatoes. I re-buried the tubers and expect to have bushels of taters this fall. More green beans are on the way as well as eggplant and tomatoes - yum! This is the real reason why my house is such a mess - I keep playing in my garden! Then, of course, there is the knitting... and I have to keep up on all the Big Brother feed watchers - guilty pleasure, I admit.

Hope all is well where you are
:)

Scuzin
08-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Morning

Put me on the list for bad eating. I like to blame the fact that I can't control what we have for dinner which is usually not so healthy...but the fact is...I don't HAVE to have those cookies afterwards but I do anyway. I think this is what is causing my lack of energy too. I could not for the life of me get up and out yesterday so I didn't got to jog, and this morning for some reason I onl;y managed about 2/3 of my normal work out :(, but in my defence I did walk a fair distance yesterday so at least I have not been sedentaty. I WILL RUN A FULL WORK OUT TOMORROW...anyway my mail goal this summer is just not to GAIN, I think I'll see real results once I'm working full time, have more of a say on food, and have to walk to anywhere I want to go

Katy - those vegatables sound wonderful, makes me wish I had a garden.

Mom2Gaby
08-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Good afternoon!

I had a fiesta chicken salad from TJ - it was soooo good - 390 calories and I picked up a bag of raspberry shortbread cookies from the vending machine. I know - bad. I am TOM though and I crave sweets.....

Katy - No, I didn't manage the Insight yesterday. I needed to get home and see the older girls - Rach was having a melt down and her dad comes unglued. Maybe I can call and reschedule??? How is your housecleaning coming along?

Susan/NYC - do you listen to music while you run?? Maybe that would help -just a thought. I can't get motivated.....more shortbread cookies are calling my name. I just want to crawl under the desk and sleep. I am always so tired.

Shawna - I like that bw picture! Don't work too hard!

Where is Kathy and Michelle?? Sassy?? Cristi? Jules? better get.....

bep
08-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Howdy all! I am doing so much better on my eating today!

I found out this afternoon that a brother, his wife, and their 2 kids are coming here and staying the night. I have been scrambling around getting the house, guest room, and extra dinner stuff ready. They are always last minute, go with the flow kind of people. I am a total planner and like things perfect and planned when it comes to company. Thankfully, I love to have family visit, so I will take them even at no warning, but it sure would have been nice for a 'heads-up' like yesterday or something! Oh well...I am ready for them now! Bring it on! LOL!

Mom2Gaby
08-04-2006, 12:48 PM
psssst, doesn't he have the sweetest smile?? The infamous Maintenance Man that I have had a school girl (hey!! I am in kindergarten!! - lol ) crush on for the last 3 years........................ick, how pathetic is THAT????? - haha....
anyway - they had a going away at a local pub last night - I didn't go but some lady co worker did who knows about my hopeless crush - she took out her cell phone and snapped some pictures for me.

Ate a McMuffin again......Gaby is going to the beach for the day with the sitter.

ugh.......so thirsty!! chat later......and yes...I will take the pic down of the MM later on- not going to sit here thinking he is mine ....lol .....

RosieKate
08-04-2006, 02:08 PM
ok- got the house cleaned - yay! Today I pay some bills and make phone calls. I'm going to take Leigh to the library, and we are going to go to James' computer camp to watch all their presentations later. The day is moving right along!

SuzyQ - MM man is a cutie...

Bep - have fun with your brother...

Scuzin - hope you can get your workout in today...
Hi to everyone else!

I made it to the interval class this am. It felt good to lift all those weights. My knees are still a bit touchy so I don't do jumping jacks or other hopping, so I look like an old lady trying to get my way through this class. It is still a great workout - so who cares what I look like.....right?

onward.....

Scuzin
08-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Quick note before I run...taking the next 3 days off...going to the beach for the weekend!!! Hope you are all well. See you monday

Mom2Gaby
08-04-2006, 02:29 PM
*sigh* isn't he dreamy?? He is just a good guy. He has been going to camp for 26 years - he has no kids, never married.....whistles a lot...lol yikes....drank 25 oz's of water - what a pain - chat later.....

FrouFrou
08-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Hello Ladies!

SUSAN/NYC...enjoy your weekend! I so miss the beach!

SUZYQ...yes the MM is a cutie! So why haven't you guys gone out or something? Is Rachel doing okay today? I think I had a melt down too!

BEP...enjoy your company!

KATY...mmmmm, brownies! :T I will get the info on the paint for ya and post it tomorrow or either e-mail it to ya. I know the color is Green Bough but can't remember the brand. We also did a nice sage looking color in the bedroom that I like...not sure if I posted a pic of that one. I'll do that tomorrow also and see what color that is. It's a little lighter than the green in the living room. WTG on getting your exercise in! :carrot: You know...I always worried about how I looked when exercising, now I don't care. All that matters is we get that exercise in.

SHAWNA...no tax weekend eh? Bet that makes for a very crazy shopping weekend! :crazy: Hope you are enjoying your day off.

Hi JULES, KATHY, MICHELLE, and everyone reading this! :wave:

I made it to It Figures this morning and also managed a 1.20 mile walk on the treadmill when I got home. It is still too hot to walk outside but I am planning on getting up at about 5:30 in the morning to go for my 3-mile walk. I've taken a long enough break and it's time to get back on track. I've set a goal for the month of August also and I am adding my miles back in my signature. Also, going to make a point of checking in here everyday. That seemed to help keep me on track in the past. Of course my excuse for not exercising has been this heat and the stress of Josh heading to Iraq. It's going to stay hot and there's nothing I can do about it. Can't do anything about Josh going to Iraq either so I just have to deal with it and do the best I can. But definitely stop using both as an excuse to not exercise. He leaves Sunday :cry: Was supposed to be in Kuwait for a month, then it was 2 weeks and now today they just told them they will be there 12 days and then they are flying off to Iraq. Anyway...that's about all I have.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Mom2Gaby
08-04-2006, 08:20 PM
I would be on pins and needles with Josh Cristi! MM hasn't asked and I am too fragil to be rejected - lol He is just a sweet man.

Had a greek salad w/ tuna for lunch. SOOOOO ready for the weekend.

Chat later

RosieKate
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Cristina - My heart goes out to you and your family - don't know how well I would hold up in your situation. Josh is in my prayers..I always pray for a quick resolution for Iraq and for the brave men and women who go there.

on another subject, if you can get the numbers and brands for both greens, I would just love that...I am looking at all kinds of green right now and it's hard when there are so many!

I am on pins and needles..MIL's SO went to the ER this afternoon and I'm very worried. He has had a history of heart attacks, quintuple bypass, diabetes, and his general denial and neglect of his health. He has been on medicinal maintenance for two years, meaning there's nothing they can do for him except hope he takes his meds and decides to follow the doc's recommendations for his lifestyle. DH was over at his mom's earlier in the week and said he didn't think he looked too good...

Please say a prayer and hope it's indigestion...:(

BBL chickies

FrouFrou
08-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Okay Ladies...passed 100 so don't post here! Please :^: Head on over to BIK#17.