South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:39 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous Friday Beach Chat!

Rise N Shine! Chicklets and Lurkers Cawfee's a perkin! Tea kettle is whistlin' and Diet soda tops a poppin! Git yer choice of caffeine and let's start the day!

This is usually when my husband wants to slap me up side the head.. I'm just tooo bloody cheery in the morning! and toooo chatty

to our newest newbies: 3bibs, Scully and HDStreetBob!

to our losers BB and Kiko!

fer those of us strugglin!

I must of overdid it on the dreadmill yesterday.. after I weeded/watered and walked 4 miles and did my hand weights I was tooo pooped to do much of anything.. Today I have to catch up on yesterday's chores.. but first some breakfast: I'm trying Oatmeal for the 500th time.. I know its one of those super foods, but I just cant develop a taste for it This is it! Otherwise I think I will start to sprinkle it in yogurt, or pulverize it and add it to a smoothie with flaxseed. What's going on under your umbrella today?
Old 07-21-2006, 06:01 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Shhhhhhhh! I'm with your husband! Back in a bit. I need meds and coffee!
Old 07-21-2006, 07:27 AM   #3  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

:stumbling around blindly: coffee....coffee...where are you coffee????
Old 07-21-2006, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schatzi, what are you on, to make you so hyper already this morning?

I've already made a couple trips back and forth from my parent's place this morning, retrieving all my freezer and refrigerator items that we took there for safe keeping while our power was out. Since yesterday afternoon everything seems to be back to normal. There are still a lot of homes around here without electricity, so we are the lucky ones. I hope everyone gets their power back today, because the temps are in the 90's.
Today is Maggie's 3rd birthday, and we are going to Dutch Wonderland, which is an amusement/water park for the day. 2 of her friends are coming, too, including my granddaughter Amber, so it should be a fun day for all. I hope there's plenty of shade, though, in this awful heat and humidity. Maybe I'll sweat off a few pounds,
Old 07-21-2006, 07:56 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! I had a major dose of hay feverish sniffles from my last Allergy shot. It's all over now though and I'm coffeed, breakfasted and partially watered! it's going to be another stinking hot one today so the AC is running already. The Girls are lying on the floor in the back room, both on their backs with the fan breeze playing over their tummy ruffles!

Major weeding happened around here yesterday working with Eric in the AM and I did another stint late in the day. I really go into Spanish mode in this weather - work outside until about 11, do indoor stuff, lunch, siesta and don't go back to the garden until after 5. Then I work until 7:30 and come in for a shower and dinner. It has not improved my Spanish speaking ability one iota but the garden sure looks better!

Today will be more of the same with a trip to town for an exchange, a prescription renewal and some banking for the Cemetery Board. The Hyper Pypers come up to their cottage for two weeks starting tomorrow so I need to stock up for the usual dropping in. Delta Fair starts next week too and this place turns into action central with friends and relations.

Today's watchword is WATER! once again. I am not losing an ounce of weight and really think I would if I could just drink the darn water! I get it all set up on the counter but never manage more than two or three cups! I need a nag!

TGIF, Chickies, and a big thanks to those who sent me their phone numbers so I can stop worrying!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:11 AM   #6  

Good Morning. I've been up a while, read paper, drank a few cups of joe already.

Sorry for anyone that lost their electricity! We have that mess hitting us later today until Sunday.

Trimmed and raked for an hour yesturday - only work out I got. Went online to order some books for school - got a great deal on one of my classes - at full retail, the two books required would have cost $40. By purchasing "new" from another vendor, they were $6 in total. I've ordered from third parties before so I am hopefull they will arrive.

Also need to contact a tree service person - need some branches over my power and phone lines trimmed prior to major storm season. The electric and phone companies here will not do that (old electric company in another town did it proactively - better to trim than send out a repair crew).

Hope to hit the beach today before it rains. Stay cool, dry and safe.

Sue
Old 07-21-2006, 08:27 AM   #7  

Morning

Schatzi Although I am certainly more of a morning person than a nightowl, my perkiness pales in comparison to you. Thanks for starting us up with a smile!

Cottage Stay cool today! On the news last night there was a report of a 4 year old passing away in a local park due to the heat. It hit 104 here yesterday. Scary, isn't it??

Ruth How was your lobster dinner? Have a good day- I like your siesta mode.

Morning Jessie and Limbo!

Me- Need to run a few errands this morning, one of which is to go by school. I moved out of my classroom into a much smaller room/office. It is in total shambles right now, but I have several things I need to attempt to locate. This afternoon we have a play/swim date with our friends- it will feel lovely to get into the pool. Then dinner at home- burgers and four bean salad. My 13 month old loves Barb's 4 bean salad reciper. It is hilarious! She is particularly fond of the kidney beans.

Didn't meet a single one of my behavior goals yesterday. I even took a frozen SBD pizza (I know Ruth- frankenfood......) to my girlfriend's, but then she made a blueberry cobbler served with ice cream that I indulged in. That just sent me into stupid snacking once we got home. I was only up a half pound this morning, so I guess I didn't do too much damage!

The baby is hungry- gotta go!
Old 07-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #8  
Shrinking Mom

S/C/G: Goal Weight:127

Height: 5"

Good morning ladies!
I am new to the whole LONG running thread, so forgive me for not addressing everyone!

You all seem to be so busy and ready for good times!

Today I am taking it slow. Being on the beach has kinda zapped my energy, but I think I am coming out of it.

It has really sparked my imagination though....I love thinking of new things to cook and try.
Tonight I am making meatballs and I will be adding some shredded zucchini to it.
That way my 3 boys won't know what hit em! LOLOLOL!

michelle
Old 07-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #9  

Kiko - They seized a day care van that transported the 4 year old. I hope it isn't another case of a kid forgotten in a van. Brian loves the kidney beans in the 4 bean salad too. My favorite part is the green beans and wax beans. Tom Thumb now sells a brand of canned veggies that is a mixture of wax beans and green beans and is cheaper than buying the wax beans separately.

my3bibs- I love to disguise veggies for my son. He really doesn't like cooked mushrooms but if I pulverize them in the food processor before I cook them, he doesn't know they are there.

InLimbo - Good luck with the storm!

Got to get back to work. This week has been crazy and with the layoffs that were done this week, I have to keep my focus on work.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning ladies- it is raining here today and that is what is in the forcast for tomorrow as well, we are getting the tropical storm or the tail end of it anyway. I have to work at the store all week end so it will either be busy busy busy or dead, I opt for the busy as it makes the day go by much faster. I have to go by a scale this weekend I keep falling off the wagon, I am sure if I had a scale then it might get this butt back on track.
Well this is yet another quickie as I have to get the wee ones lunch and need to make a list so that I can get some grocries. I probably won't be around much this week end due to working and my sister is coming home for the week end and I have not seen her since christmas. Take care chicks-
Old 07-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

Hey all,,,,

I am still around, and kicking,, Been busy with us moving the office and Pavilion at Amos Run Hunting Club.. then Yesterday, We took the jeep out for a ride, and broke down, and had to walk about 3 miles to get a ride home,, my leg really bothered me from the walking on gravel, up and down hill.. but all and all it was actually fun,,, Mandy and my other Niece was with me,, fun fun fun,,,,

Kado (my dog) put the pups back under the porch, but she came and got me to show me what she was doing, I am going back after them today, I want them out from under there before there eyes open up, and Tomorrow makes 10 days, so any day they will have their eyes open, I will get pics today..

As for food it is not going so well. NO I am not binge eating, but My choices are slowly gettin worse,, and I am so upset over it.. I am still responsible about it, It is just I know I cant and am not 100% OP and I DONT LIKE IT!!!! but I know I have no choice right now.. but it is soooooo bothersum.... I will live though and KNow that when I am able to go get what I need I will go back to Phase I and begin all over again,, Just so I dont gain I know I am making the right choices.. but I still dont like it, nor am I proud of it..

I applied to a new business that just came into our area, about 15 minute drive from here for $9.70 per hr.. Not great money, but It will do .. any thing is better than what I am making now 000000000

I am sorry for not responding to all, but I am behind now, but I will be better in the future,, Take Care all
Old 07-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/226/144

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Talking

Schatzi! We're soul sisters!!!!!! I am a TOTAL morning person!!!!! But don't mess with me after 9 pm...

I'm sorry that I didn't check in with you all yesterday. I was too busy enjoying my birthday! We met my Mom at the mall and she bought me a George Forman grill and then ate lunch at Chik-Fil-A (I had the salad! ) and then my dd and I went to the movies to see "The Devil Wears Prada" which was really good. That evening we met my Mom for dinner at Texas Roadhouse and I had my frist cheat...a sweet potato with butter....YUMMY! Any was, it was an awesome b-day! My dh got me the "SouthBeach Quick and Easy Cookbook" for a present. That in and of itself is SOOOO encouraging!

Today was my official first WI....(drum roll please).....I have lost 8.5 pounds this week!! I haven't been at this weight since Januare of 2004. WOW!! I couldn't have done it without you guys on this board. You all are heaven sent!

Today's plan is to go to Hobby Lobby, run some errands, and come home to clean house. I have a Unit Meeting tonight and need to get my act together...
Old 07-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/226/144

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Schatzi! Thanks for telling me how to update my ticker! Hope this one comes out right!

Erika
Old 07-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #14  

Ruth said this mornin'
Quote:
Shhhhhhhh! I'm with your husband!
That HUSSY !!! Ya gotta watch them Canadiens

Cottage: Dutch Wonderland was one of my favorite places as a kid.. In fact we had a 6th grade class trip that was suppose to stop there and then go someplace else.. but the bus broke down and we spent the whole day there.. U Schmact sending your perishables out in case of power outtage.. We had lighning strike us a few months back...What a headache ! you too Limbo! Schmacht to git them limbs trimmed
Kiko: Ah the pool..loverly idea.. and I second my love fer Barbs 4 bean salad.. I eat beans most everyday now..they're my Power food!

to the daily thread Bibs!

Barb layoffs are so emotionally draining.. even if you arent the one ..
I hope you have some fun planned this weekend. or downtime, you are always working and doing

Crockett do the best ya can darlin... and that 3 miler was a good work out! WHAT an AMAZING change in you just rememberin yer old pic avatar to this new one!!!!!!

Motherhen..Happy Birthday !!!!!! What great presents ! Mostly that 8.5lb loss! I use to be a night owl.. I was WILD when I was young.. but over the last 10 or so years. I'm a morning lark. I'm usually up around 5ish.. but I tend not to get to the 3FC till 7-8ish.. I'm a whorling dervish as soon as I get up.. PM me if the ticker instructions didnt work.. I'll help ya.

LittleChickl GIT YER LITTLE BUTT BACK ON THE WAGON YA HEAR!

RUTH: DRINK YER WATER!!!!

The verdict is in.. I HATE OATMEAL..hatehatehatehate it! I like oatmeal cookies and granola 2 things Verboten! So I will pulverize it in a blender with flaxseed,yogurt milk and fruit and make a healthy smoothie.
I did 3.25 miles on the Dreadmil today.. Yay fer me!!! Thank gawd fer TIVO! It doesnt seem so painful or painfully dull ....

Ok chicks, breaks over.... time to git back to work
Old 07-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Posting late today as Leo & I had to go to the chemo doctor for a check-up. Leos fine the only thing that borthers him is his throat[sore]when he swollows, thats where they put the scope down to check where the cancer was last March. The doctor told him its going to take a long while until that area of the throat heals. They recommeded a drink called aloe-verain a drink that would coat his throat.

We didn't have too much of a storm the other night winds only got up to 50 MPH[nothing for us] we were told that the storm when out to sea.Yikes!!I just found out that trees were knocked down like toothpicks around where my sister lives near Terrytown,hope shes OK.Think I going to call her now.

Will post later

Hugs BB
Closed Thread