WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters

Tina
08-31-2001, 04:28 PM
Hi, the thread Tammy started is getting long so here's another one.

Laura - men are pigs sometimes. :)
I hope you enjoy your manicure and pedicure. Do they have those chairs that vibrate? I've never tried one but they have them where I've gone.

Is everyone ready for 3 glorious days away from work???? Yes, Yes, Yes, yes--need I go on?

Here's a kick in the pants. Remember I said I was taking an online course in desktop publishing? My church leaders paid for the books (course was free). Well, I have been told that I will not be doing any more desktop work - that I would be "shuffling papers"! They didn't use those terms but that's what it meant. I couldn't imagine why EXCEPT the new minister has decided the "guy" secretary is creative and I am not.
The guy is as surprised as me. He's thinking about quitting. He doesn't want to do all that work.
Isn't life grand!

Have a great holiday
Tina

auntie
08-31-2001, 09:24 PM
Howdy,

Thank goodness it is a long weekend!! I hope it rains all weekend too!! Now isn't that sad. I just want to rest. :)

Laura, Tina took the words right out of my mouth. You deserve a manicure and pedicure. Go and relax!!!

Tina, thanks for starting a new thread. The other one was getting very slow!!! That stinks about the desk top publishing and your job. Did the new minister make the changes in your job? Why would he do such a thing!!

I met my team at TGI Friday's after school. This year I have a great group of people working with me. It will at least make it fun. One of my co worker's fell in the hallway on Wed. and dislocated her shoulder and fractured a bone. She'll be out for at least a week. I felt so sorry for her. To top it off, she is retiring this year.

Have a great weekend!!!

Susan

Tammy
08-31-2001, 10:05 PM
Tina, that is really a bite in the buns about your job! It's not fair! Keep us posted on what is going on.

Susan, how awful about your co-worker! Poor thing. I think I'd do disability and retire early!!!!!!!! You know where my mind is!!

The first week of school has been fine. I only have one little girl who can't seem to follow any of the directions that are given (for me or my team teacher). It's a sticky situation because her dad teaches in our high school. He and his wife requested the child be with us. We told the principal that we didn't think it was a good idea because of personality differences and educational beliefs. The principal put her with us anyway. I told him the other day that I would never forgive him for putting her in my class. Even the woman from the school for the deaf asked me what was wrong with the kid since she didn't do anything that she was told.

I've asked the school nurse to check her hearing so we can rule that out as a problem. I think the problem is that she is spoiled rotten, gets everything she wants, doesn't have any responsibilites because parents do everything for her (her dad even carries her school bag into the school in the mornings and out in the afternoons), and I could go on and on. I feel sorry for the child.

Enough of that. I need to relax, not think about the situation, and enjoy the weekend!

Hey, I can do 1-10 in signing now! My little boy is very proud of me!!!! LOL

DeeX
09-01-2001, 02:17 AM
Gee it doesn't sound like people are too happy this week.

Sorry to hear about your job not going the way you want it to Tina, are you still taking the desk top class online?

I'm not sure I'd agree that men are pigs, but I'm finding my guy friend to be boring lately. I want some romance in my life, and he just seems to want to do nothing....

Laura, hope you enjoyed your manicure/pedicure, I've never had one, but it does sound relaxing :smug: (thats suppose to be a relaxing look)

Ahhh Tammy, that's mean to call the child spoiled....there might be a reason she doesnt do anything she's told. I have a child that dont do what she's told, and there is a reason...(I wont say any more as it would fill up a whole page), but you need to give her a chance, and not hold her dad's ideas against her.

Hope you all have a good holiday (I get to work Monday :) )
Dee

auntie
09-02-2001, 09:56 PM
Dee, I'm sorry that you have to work on Monday!!:(

Tammy, it sounds like there is more to that little girl in your class. Being a special ed. teacher, several things come to mind. Does she have a hard time staying still? It could be several things like ADHD, Oppositional Defiance, or even emotional disturbance. Or just spoiled. I would start encouraging the parents to let her come into the building by herself. Congrats on learning 1-10. Believe me, you have won your young man over!! :D There is nothing more special than learning or wanting to know how to sign for a deaf person. Here's a big pat on the back!!!!

Tina, how are you doing?

Have a great weekend!!

Susan

Tammy
09-02-2001, 10:21 PM
Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

The little girl has no problems sitting still. She walks into the building with her dad since he teaches in the high school which is upstairs from the elementary. All elementary students are supposed to report to the cafeteria when they arrive in the morning. Her dad says she doesn't have to and she wanders through the high school and elementary halls. They have another daughter who is going to grow up the same way. I know many people that go to their church, and the girls are permitted to do whatever they want. Get up during the service and wander around, crawl over and under the pews, talk while others are talking, and the list goes on.

I know I'm not always right, but after 24 years of teaching, it's pretty easy to pick out the ones who have no responsibilites at home and whose parents don't make them behave. Even the hearing impaired boy is following my directions for everything. Also, the 2 boys who come to my room from the multi-handicapped room (both very slow), follow my directions.

Last year's teachers were told by the parents that the girl didn't have to do the same assignments that the rest of the class did if she didn't feel like it. I just found that out this week. I think they need to home-school her or send her to the school where she lives. She is coming to our school on open-enrollment.

The dad told me last year that he wanted the girl with my team teacher and I because he knew that we were strict and that we would straighten her out. My team teacher told him that kind of thing has to start at home, and he already had a late start on it. He laughed and said it was because the girl is so cute and he doesn't want her mad at him. Thanks guy!
Susan, I have to keep practicing the numbers so I don't forget! I had to learn them because one day I tried to do 3, and he thought that I meant W!!!!

Enough of this. Need to go read a little bit. I don't read as much as I'd like after school starts. Wonder why?

Tina
09-03-2001, 12:00 AM
Good evening,

Tammy, I've been thinking about your situation. That's a tough one. The father sounds like he doesn't want to be a father. What's up with the mother? Sounds like she hasn't been doing anything. Sorry you are having trouble.
Did you get some reading done?

Susan, are you going to sleep all day tomorrow? :) Are you getting rain? If not, please take ours.

The tea I'm giving is next Sunday. That date is getting too close. I've cleaned most of the floors. Tomorrow I tackle the "bathroom bowls." I even went out and bought a new toilet brush--just for the occaision. Our cat was sitting on the end table awhile ago. He was scratching and I could see the hair flying. Oh No---I'll have to sweep again next Saturday. ha..ha..

I don't prescribe this for weight loss, but, I've lost 4 pounds since Monday. I've been so upset about work that I just can't eat. When I do eat, it's half of something. If I can find something good in all this----I'll have a good weigh in this week.
Larry took me to Benigan's after church today. We each got a seafood plate. I ate 2 shrimp and the crab cake. It was all fried. I thought I'd puke in the car coming home. I didn't.

I am thinking about how to handle the situation at work. I'll keep y'all informed.

Dee, can you give your guy a hint that you want to go out? ;)

Laura, how was the manicure/pedicure?

Let's all have a great Labor Day!

Tina

Tammy
09-03-2001, 10:05 AM
Tina, I can honestly say that I have never purchased a new toilet brush for a special occasion! LOL Sounds like it will be a great time though. Are you going to point out the new brush to your guests? A friend of mine has a toilet brush with a cow on the handle.

The mother of the little girl is a former teacher. She quit when she had the girls. I think she works part-time in a book store, not sure. The rest of the class has been a pleasure though. That makes up for it. I did move the girl closer to the front of the room (in fact we rearranged all the seats) so she will be able to hear me better. I wear a microphone every day because of the little boy with the coclear implant, so hearing my instructions shouldn't be a problem for any of the students.

We haven't been to Bennigans in years! The closest one is about 20 miles from here, don't know why we haven't been back.

I know what you mean about fried foods! They bother me too when I haven't been eating them much.

Tina, I think I found your 4 pounds! I weighed today (don't know why) and I was up 3! Had a late large supper last night. I'll try to do better today and not eat so late. We were so busy doing things, we just got a late start.

I need to go into my classroom this afternoon for about an hour (yea, right). I won't have time on Tues. or Wed. to get some things done (no breaks except lunch on those days). Meetings after school both days.

Have a great Labor Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChicagoGal
09-04-2001, 11:28 AM
Hiya! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Manicure and pedicure were wonderful. Even with my stubby little fingernails, they look glam with the reddish-pink polish! And my toes look fab as well :) I'm definitely going to be doing this more often. I figure if I start getting weekly manicures, maybe my fingernails will actually grow and strengthen. Hey, a girl can hope, can't she?!

Rest of the weekend was good, too. Went to see my grandmother on Sunday. She hadn't been doing too well lately (she'll be 92 in November), suffering through some muscular weakness affecting her speech and her neck. She even had taken to putting all her food in a blender because she couldn't swallow. I was shocked how marvelous she looked on Sunday, though. She totally had her spunk back, her speech was fine, her neck seemed a bit stronger, and she mentioned several times how many more miles she had left on her! Apparently these new meds she's on worked wonders. Yay!

My sister invited herself and her family over on Sunday, so I spent most of the day cooking. Made shrimp salad and guacamole, both to go on homemade tortilla chips. Followed that with coq au vin, roast potatoes and chopped salad. Chocolate cake for dessert (it was a belated birthday celebration for my nephew). And no, I didn't even attempt to calculate the points! I figure I worked some of it off playing bocce with the kids :p

Read a few books as well. All in all a VERY restful weekend, which was much needed!

Tammy, sorry you're having difficulty with this little girl. Hopefully you'll be able to get through to her! It's super that you're bonding with your new little guy - learning his language is so great!

Tina, I am absolutely awed by your cleaning prowess. A new toilet brush and everything!

Ok, I've rambled on long enough. Have a good week, everyone!

Laura~

Tina
09-04-2001, 04:25 PM
Hi all,
I thought me and my computer would get washed away today. We had such a downpour that our backyard was a lake again.

I had to work some this morning, even though it's my day off.
I went out for Chinese afterwards. While in there, it started lightening and pouring down rain. No umbrella, of course. I came home and jumped into the shower. Now that I'm clean--even my hair, it' time to scrub the kitchen floor. :)

Laura, I've heard that manicure do strenghthen nails. Keep it up.

Hope everyone has a good first day back.

Tina

Tina
09-05-2001, 08:00 PM
Nola, I'm so sorry about the death of your stepmother. A lot of us have lost loved ones are have suffered major illnesses in our families. You are among friends. Like Tammy said, don't worry about gaining weight at this time. You will come back with a vengance.

It's still raining here, people. Make it go somewhere else for this weekend. I'm giving a tea on Sunday afternoon. I don't have grass in half of my front yard. I don't want the ladies mucking through mud. :)

Good luck everyone at weigh in.
Tina

auntie
09-06-2001, 07:03 AM
Hi everyone,

Yes it is 4:00 in the morning. I've been awake since 3 and couldn't go back to sleep. I have a rule, I can't get out of bed. However, toda I broke it after being awake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I'll probably be a zoombie this afternoon at school. :)

Tina, hope the rain stops and it dries some for your tea. How many people will be coming? It sounds like alot of fun ( and work too) It will turn out great!!! Hope your tummy has calmed down some so you can enjoy yourself!

We had tornadoes not too far from my house today. Luckily Pat was home. (that is hubby) He said it was ok to come home after school. I was a little freaked out since it was so close to home. Been hit by lightning before and don't ever want another experience like that one again.

Tammy, you have your work cut out for you. It is such a sticky situation when it is a teacher's child. I'd talk to the prinicpal as well for some guidance. Don't give in to her!! Like I need to tell you that! :) Don't you hate it when 1 or 2 kids change the whole dyanmics of your class?

Nola, sorry about the death in your family. I know it is hard so don't beat yourself up for a gain. That's not the most important thing now.

Laura, that's great about your grandmother! :D I miss mine so much!!! She was a true treasure!! I think about her daily and often I Know she comes to visit me. I can smell her (it's not a smell I can create) and I feel her presences. I treasure those moments..... (It's not the lack of sleep talking either!!)

By the way, I"ve been getting regular manicures every couple of weeks. It does help your nails get stronger. YOu need to put on NailTeks everyday. I can't believe the difference in my nails. Glad they look great!

Well, guess I'm off to see if I can go back to sleep. DOubt it since I'm not even tired. Gotta get up in a hour anyway. Sorry about the rambling....Not much to do at this hour.

Have a great day!
Susan:dizzy:

ChicagoGal
09-06-2001, 01:51 PM
Boy, Susan, I hope you did get back to sleep! I woke up about 4 this morning, too, but I think that's because I feel asleep reading, while completely dressed with the light on! I managed to get right back to sleep, though - phew.

I'm not going to weigh in today. Just don't feel like it. I think I pretty much stayed the same, and since I couldn't stay for the meeting anyway, seems like a waste of $$.

Nola, I'm sorry to hear about your stepmother. You just do what you need to do for yourself and your family, and worry about the weight issue later.

Laura~

Tina
09-06-2001, 02:36 PM
Laura, I'm with you. I don't want to spend the $$ tonight.

Susan, I can relate to your sleeplessness. Since all this mess at work, I've been waking in the night. I usually write my retirement letter in my mind. When I wake up, I can't remember anything but that it was a piece of sheer genius.

Yes, friends, y'all are the first to know. On Monday, the elders will each receive my letter of retirement. I'll work until the end of September. Things are geting very "cold" and unbearable in the office. I'd planned on working until I got too old. :) Not now.

Have a good Thursday!

Tina
134 goal weight

auntie
09-06-2001, 07:41 PM
Well ladies,

I never went back to sleep. Played on the computer for a little while, I tried to go back to bed only to stare out the dormer window, so I finally got up and sat in the chair w/ a blanket. My cats came and joined me. Then that dreadful sound..... the alarm!!! BOO!!!! I finally crashed at 3:00 this afternoon. Slept for 2 hours on the couch.

Laura, I with you on weighing in tonight. If I'm going to pay this much money, I want to see some real results. Ain't gonna happen tonight.

Tina, you go girl!!! I know it was a hard decision to make. Something better will come along!! I bet they will be surprized.

Went to the knee dr. today. Have to go back in 6 weeks. He wants me to go back to water aerobics. So I'll start up next week.

Have a great day.
Susan

Nodie
09-07-2001, 12:31 AM
Thank you everyone for your support. Your words were very comforting. I really was not worried about the gain. I had gained 9 pounds and only have 3.8 of it left to loose. Then I will be back to where I was. My Dad, husband, stepsister and I had one night of drinks. We have block parties every Friday night in my neighborhood and this time I only went to get ice for more drinks. My neighbors (my friends) were all surprised to see me so tipsy cause I never drink like that. They all laughed and we had fun then I took the ice home and had some more mudslides.:dizzy: I was pretty sure that if I drank a lot of water that a lot of the nine pounds would come right off and it did. It was a great release for everyone and I don't feel bad about any of the weight I gained. Everyone take care and I will write again later.
Nola

auntie
09-08-2001, 05:14 PM
Hi everyone,

Nola, it sounds like ya'll had a good time drinking your mudslides. Like you said, ya'll needed it.

Tina, Are you doing final preparations for the tea tomorrow? Everything will go great?

Tammy, Has wild child calmed down any?

Well, one of my best friends found out that she has breast cancer. Hopefully, she will have surgery on Thursday. They have to run more test on her this week. If I stop and think about it, I start crying. This is my friend that teaches in the district and we spend our summers going shopping and having lunch together. Hopefully, they will be able to just take the lump out. Right now it is the size of a pea. Please keep her in your prayers.

I'm going with Pat tonight to hear his band play. So, it will be a verrrrrrrry late night. Will be home around 3:30 or 4:00 am. Hope my eyes stay open for the Cowboys game tomorrow.

Don't know much else. I'm having a little difficulty staying on program. I need to whip myself back into shape.

Have a great weekend.

Susan

Tina
09-09-2001, 12:16 AM
Hi all,
Susan, I'm very sorry about your good friend. If the tumor is the size of a pea, I believe there's a good chance. But, it's very scarey.
I hope Pat has a good set tonight. I bet you won't have trouble sleeping tonight (Or this morning;) )
Everything is under control for the tea. However, this afternoon I remembered that my silver trays hadn't been used in ages and needed polishing, of course. I'm doing that now, after getting off the computer. I'm getting a little nervous.
at first, I expected 15 or 16 people would come to the tea. Now, I have a feeling it'll be more like 25 or 30! We'll have to grab plates and spoons away from people to wash and use again. :)
I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Tammy, you've been my cheerleader in the past. Maybe you can inspire me and Susan to get with it.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Nola, how are you holding up?

Take care,
Tina

DeeX
09-09-2001, 02:22 AM
Susan, I hope everything goes ok for your friend on Thur.
Hope you enjoyed yourself listening to the band, and you have fun watching the game tomorrow.

Tina how's the weather holding up? Will it be dry for your tea on Sunday? Hope all goes well, and you really enjoy yourself!! Sorry to hear you've decided to retire when you weren't really ready to. Im sure something better will come along if you decide to continue working :)

Hope your doing better Nola!

Go Team Go! Thursday Chatters can loose this weight, yes we can! Rah Rah Rah :spin: Well its not much of a cheer, but you get the idea, we can do this as a team. Hang in there everyone and just give it your best each day.

Have a great week...Dee

Tammy
09-09-2001, 05:46 PM
Tina, what a tough decision you had to make about the job. I know how frustrated you have been, and I'm sure you've done a lot of thinking about what is best for you. GO! Go! GO!

Susan, this is too strange about your friend. One of my high school buddies just had a lump removed this past Tuesday. They will be doing radiation to make sure that all of the cancer is gone. She is also a teacher, but not in the same district as I am. Your friend will be in my prayers.

Wild Child (LOL) had a much better week. Still not where she needs to be, but better. She and her dad stopped after school for a chat on Friday. He told her that it is really ticking him off because she is pissing off his friends (my team teacher and me). He said he didn't know her first grade teachers like he does us, and he isn't going to put up with it. Hope his wife agrees. As of Friday, she has an earlier bed time, and if things don't continue to go uphill, she is out of dance lessons.

I've really been "out to lunch" on staying OP or doing anything right the past couple of weeks. I think we should all meet somewhere and have a cheer session about getting motivated again!! Let's do it gang!!!!

auntie
09-09-2001, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all of the support about my friend!! I truly appreciate it and all of ya'll. Hopefully surgery will go well and they can just take the lump. I'm taking this hard because I don't know what to do to help her.

Tammy, how big was your friend's lump she had removed? Is there anything special I need to do for her besides give her moral support?

Glad you liked her name I gave her "Wild Child" sounded like it best described her. :lol: Hopefully she and dad will get their acts together.

Pat's band sounded great last night. However, I didn't stay on program. Wonder why?? We got in bed this morning at 4. I watched the game but did doze off some. Should have slept through the whole thing.

Tina, how was the tea? Hope everyone didn't fight over the plates. :lol: when you said that, it gave me a good chuckle.

I love all of our cheerleaders. Ok we need a challange of some kind!!! As of what I just don't know. Any suggestions?? Sounds like we've all have a hard time lately. We can do this!!

Here to an on program day (by the way, my fingers are crossed!!)
Susan

Tina
09-10-2001, 04:23 PM
The tea went great. It rained some yesterday morning but had stopped an hour before the party. There were 20-25 in my little home. It went well. And, Susan, I didn't have to grab the plates :) As people finished, the hostesses would offer to take their cups and plates. What teamwork--the cups and plates were washed in a jiffy and were ready for the next wave of people.

I'm not answering the phone this afternoon incase one of my bosses gets the mail early and wants to know more about my leaving. I told the guy secretary this morning. He got so upset he almost pucked. I wouldn't be surprised if he quit now.
Maybe that would show them that this new minister isn't so great. Oh well.

It sounds like we are sooo worked up over losing weight.

I'll have to think about a challenge.

Tammy, good luck with wild child.

Dee, can I send some of these mosquitos up your way?

Nola, how are you?

Laura, are you going to weigh in with us? :)

This is a long letter---hope no ones gone to sleep.

Tina

Tammy
09-10-2001, 10:53 PM
Susan, the lump she had removed was a little bit bigger than a pea. Moral support is the best thing you can give her at this time. Just be there for her.

Did OK on the food today. Need to do better on the water every day. I think I'm going to start walking on our track at school. They just finished putting in an all-weather track. I don't think it would bother my heel like walking on the streets and sidewalks does.

I would like to be invited to a tea. I would even do my own dishes!!

Tina
09-11-2001, 02:53 PM
What are y'all's feelings about today's attack? It amazes me how dreadful people can be. I guess I lead a sheltered life. ;) Larry's (husband) building was closed this morning & he's home now.

Larry and I were going to WW tonight. I'm wondering if it will be open. How can the leader be in a jovial mood anyway.

Anyone want to talk about today?

Tina

Tammy
09-11-2001, 09:24 PM
This day has been awful, hasn't it? The principal came around this morning and handed each teacher a note from the school superintendent saying what had happened. None of us were able to talk about it until lunchtime. Our kids are too young to be told things like this, so we tried to keep the day as normal as possible. At the end of the day, I did tell my kids that something terrible had happened in NY. I showed them where NY is compared to Ohio on the map. They ride the same buses home as the junior high and high school kids. I wanted them to hear about it from an adult, not some kids who might say things to scare them.

We had a staff meeting after school then, and there were lots of tears. We were all praying the entire day, and kept checking out the news on our computers.

Once I got home, Kramer (our dog) started having a seizure. He has these every now and then, but they usually last 15 min. or less. This one was still happening an hour later. We called the vet, and they said to bring him up. It's a 30 minute drive and he kept seizing in the car. They are keeping him tonight and have him on meds to stop the seizures. They'll do some more testing tomorrow.

I keep thinking that I am worried about a dog when all of those people lost their lives today. It doesn't make me very proud of myself.

Take care everyone. Love you!!

Tina
09-11-2001, 11:46 PM
Tammy, don't be hard on yourself for caring for Kramer, even when there is so much wrong going on around us. He is a member of your family and is very important to you.
I hope he is all right. Please let us know how he does.

Love,
Tina

ChicagoGal
09-11-2001, 11:59 PM
What a day. I really can't put into words how this feels. *Unbelievable* is what comes to mind most often. Literally.

Tammy, don't feel guilty for caring for your dog! While this national tragedy might help us focus our concerns in a more global manner, I hope we never forget to care for and appreciate the people (and pets) closer to our lives.

I'm fuzzy from working (at the bank and then on AOL) for the last 15 hours. And bed won't come for probably the next few. Hope I made sense!

Laura~
<-- really have to go give blood tomorrow

auntie
09-13-2001, 07:27 PM
Hey,

What a week!!! This has been a horrible one. We were in our 3 day training at central office getting ready to break, when one of the presenters came in whispering to the other one. Then they told us. I sat there in shock. I kept thinking "this is a horrible joke." I called my husband and he confirmed it. The training was then cancelled for the day and rescheduled. Back at school the kids were allowed to way the tv. Lots of discussion going on. Walking down the halls the kids kept asking LOTS of questions.

I feel at a loss for all of the tradegy. I can't believe people are so cruel!!!!

Well, my friend had her surgery today. Talked to her husband before surgery, got off the phone and broke down in tears! She'll have to have radiation for 6 weeks. Chemo only if the lymph nodes are positive. She'll be out for a couple of weeks.

Good news, going to a party for some of the people I worked with 7 years. They were like family. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm not too cheery today. It's been a rough day emotionally.

Hope ya'll a good day!

Susan

Tina
09-13-2001, 11:01 PM
Good evening,

Susan, I'm so sorry about your friend.

I've been wondering about Tammy. We haven't heard from her since Tuesday. I sure hope Kramer didn't take a turn for the worse. Let's all hold good thoughts for her and Kramer.

Yes, this has been an emotional week. You know, we think OUR troubles are soooo bad - and then something like this tragedy comes along to show how insignificant some things are.

I have a friend who just moved to the upper side of New York. I haven't heard from her but am sure she's okay.

God Bless Our Country.

Tammy
09-13-2001, 11:09 PM
Bob went to the vets office yesterday and brought Kramer home. The vet doesn't know why he had the seizure. Sometimes they can be caused by a brain tumor, but to find that out he would have to have a catscan ($1500)! Instead, he is on medication that they would have given him no matter what the catscan showed. He hasn't had anymore seizures since Tuesday night. Last night he sat on my lap most of the evening. Tonight he and Bob actually played fetch for a while. He was pretty perky. Not long after that though he was up on the couch next to me, trying to go to sleep.

Kramer is a very big part of our family, and I think my emotions are on overload sometimes.

I need to get some sleep. Had a hard time sleeping last night, so I was grumpy this morning. I don't like to be that way.

Tina
09-14-2001, 04:55 PM
Tammy, I'm so glad Kramer is doing good. I hope you feel better today.

I think we are all having a hard time with the bombing.
I heard from my friend; she called me at work. She had been only 5 blocks from the WTC when it was hit. Fortunately, she is all right.

I'm one big ball of nerves. The elders (my bosses) are treating me like I did something horrible. Well, 3 of the 4 ignor me, won't talk to me. My brother-in-law has spoken to me (he's the 4th) but is so mad that he can barely be civil. This is so strange and nerve wracking. I need a long vacation.

auntie
09-15-2001, 01:03 PM
As Bugs Bunny says.... "Here I Is"

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Mine just got better. My friend got her pathology back on her lymph nodes. Thank You God!!! They were all clear along with the tissue around the lump. So it will only be 6 weeks of radiation. That was the best news I've heard all week long!! :)

I'm going to a party with people that I worked with 7 years ago. We get together every year at this time to celebrate 2 birthdays. It's like I've never been away. They are like family!! Can't wait to go!! :D

Tammy, Glad Kramer is doing much better!! :D :D :D :D :D I hear you on him being part of the family. I have 5 dogs, 5 cats and 2 horses and they are all my children.

Tina, sorry that the elders are treating you that way. Doesn't sound very "elderly" of them. Is your brother in law mad at you or them? Believe me, you didn't do anything wrong!! They are just upset that you are leaving!! It will be their loss. Are you going to try to find something else or will you retire completely?

Tina, glad you talked to your friend.

I'm to a point where I can't watch much more of the happenings in NY. It is making me sick to my stomach. It is on every channel and I've been getting tons of emails with pictures, etc..... Are ya'll? I break down and cry or have to hold back the tears. Wish I was there to help in the search!!

Susan

Tina
09-15-2001, 04:46 PM
happy weekend!!!!

Susan, I am so happy your friend got a good report. That's wonderful!
As to your question, my brother-in-law is mad at me. He is terribly impressed with the new minister. So, how dare I leave now.
For now, I don't plan on working again. I'm sure that after the newness of staying home wears off, I'll get bored. There's bound to be something to occupy my mind. :D

I have a hard time watching TV anymore, also. I made the mistake of turning it on before work yesterday. My eyes were teary and red by the time I got to work....not a good thing. ;)

JoAnn's fabric & craft stores are giving away ribbons this weekend. You can look on their website for directions to make lapel pins & bracelets. I've never braided before (I don't have girls to do their hair.) so I'm not sure how nice mine will turn out. If you have a JoAnn's near you, go get some ribbons!

Tina

Tammy
09-15-2001, 06:52 PM
I agree about everything that's on TV. I feel so helpless, wishing there was something we could do. Praying just doesn't seem like enough.

So glad to hear about your friend. It sounds exactly like my friend Linda. Best wishes to both of them!

The people you work with Tina are being poopy-woopy. (elementary words!) You'll be fine in whatever you choose to do, I'm sure of it.

I've been getting lots of e-mails too about the tragedy. They all say to forward to others, but I haven't. I figure everyone is getting overloaded with the messages. Some of them just really get to me.

Tim had a cross country meet today. He ran the 2 mile course in 15 min. 50 sec. That was his best time EVER, and he ran it a minute faster than he ran the same course last year. Bob and I were thrilled! Tim's first words to us were, "I suck."
Go figure!

News on the "Wild Child". She had a wonderful week! The report she took home on Friday (we do that for all the kids) was great! Her dad stopped in and asked how much she had to pay us to get a good one! LOL She was like a different little girl this week. Maybe things will work out!

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

auntie
09-16-2001, 03:12 PM
Thanks for all of your support during my friend's surgery. Ya'll are the best. :D I helped having ya'll there.

Tina, sorry your brother-in-law is mad at you. He will get over it!! Don't let him make you feel guilty. :( I'm sorry that he isn't supporting you!!! But you know, we are!!! :)

Thanks for the info on JoAnn's. The closest one is about 30 miles away. I think I'll run down to Michael's and pick up the stuff for them. I'm gonna check out the web site for sure!!

Tammy, Wow!! :D :) Way to go with "wild child" If she keeps it up, we'll have to give her a new name. :lol: I liked your elementary word "poopy-woopy" I haven't heard that one before. :?: But it is now in my vocabulary. (Remember I work with middle school kids)

Hey, Tim did excellent on his run. Ya'll should be very proud of him :smug: He should be proud of himself. I've found that most middle school kids say that when they don't want to brag on themselves. Wish I could run (period) :lol: I bet if there was food at the finish line I could. :lol:

Have a great weekend. Think I have enough smilie faces??

Susan

Tina
09-16-2001, 05:00 PM
I hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

It's nice and sunny here. It's a little cooler in the mornings but still in the 90's in the afternoons.

Tammy, I ditto Susan's thoughts about you and "Wild Child" - you're a great teacher. You can handle anything or any one. ;)
Tell Tim that we're proud of him.
Oh, I told my family about your term "poopy-woopy." That's what I'm going to call the minister from now on. (I know, that's not very Christian-like but I'm fed up with it all.)

Susan, how is your knee doing? We haven't asked you in a while.

Linda, Laura, Dee, Noodie, where is everyone????

Everyone, thank you!!!! I don't think I could've gotten through this last couple of weeks without y'all. We have a great support group here.
Today at church was rough. 2 of the 4 elders completely ignored my existence. My brother-in-law asked me an office question and then the one other elder was very nice to me.

Let's get ready for weigh in this week. I'm psyching myself up.

Tina

Tammy
09-16-2001, 05:32 PM
Here is the story on poopy-woopy.

A couple years ago my friend Carol was doing "morning duty" in the gym at school. That's where all the kids go when they arrive in the mornings.
A little girl went up to her and told her that another child was cussing. Carol (wonderful person that she is) got to the bottom of it and found out that the child had said poopy-woopy. She decided that the principal (who was also on duty) needed to handle that one, so she sent the kids to him with the problem. She said it was very difficult to keep a straight face through the whole thing. LOL

We have used poopy-woopy to describe many things ever since!

Pretty lazy day today so far. Bob went to his brother's house, Tim just went with my brother and nephew, Kramer and I are fending for ourselves. I guess I need to get some laundry done. Also plan to make some spaghetti sauce for tomorrow night's supper.

Tina
09-17-2001, 06:42 PM
Happy Birthday to Loodie!!!!!! We haven't heard from Loodie in a while.

Tammy, did you make your spaghetti sauce? Can I have your recipe? Oh, and thanks for the story behind "poopy-woopy." ;)

So how was everyone's Monday?
I got my hair cut this afternoon. It feels soooo much better.

I don't know much. Anyone have any news???

Tina

Tammy
09-17-2001, 08:46 PM
Tina, my spaghetti sauce isn't anything fancy. I brown about a pound of hamburger and an onion, then I add a small can of mushrooms chopped up, I add one can (15 oz?) of tomato sauce, one small can of tomato paste, add some water to make it the consistancy I want. Also add pepper and other seasonings that hit me when I'm looking through my lazy susan! LOL I don't think it ever tastes the same way twice, but Bob and Tim think it's the best. Even better than any Italian restaurants we go to!

Tim is at Boy Scouts tonight. They are practicing for Dean's Eagle ceremony that is Sunday. Dean is the son of my friend Poopy-woopy Carol. LOL

Tina
09-17-2001, 11:15 PM
Tammy, your spaghetti sounds a lot like mine. I don't use mushrooms 'cause I never have them. I use lots of chili powder.

Group, I feel very "homemakery" tonight. How do you like my new word? :dizzy:
I cooked stir-fry chicken and rice and made a big salad. Then, I made Betty Crocker sweet Rewards blueberry muffins. They are for breakfasts this week. Wow, I haven't been cooking much lately. I've been opening a can of this or that.

Susan, did you go to Michael's and get ribbon? I braided mine into the lapel pin for Larry. He wore it proudly. I'm sure it would have been funny watching myself braid. I had NO CLUE what I was doing. :) Anyway, if you made one, I hope you had an easier time of it.

Hope everyone is ready for an OP day tomorrow.
Tina

ChicagoGal
09-18-2001, 10:28 AM
Hi gang.

Sorry I haven't been around much. It's been a crazy week (as we all know!). Between work at the bank and on AOL, plus trying to maintain some semblance of a normal-ish life, I'm exhausted!

Good news is I've now belonged to the health club for 8 days, and I've been there 6 of those days. Yay, me!! :lol: I've been doing a combination of water aerobics, cardio machines and strength training. Feels pretty good, I'll tell ya! I even like this core conditioning class that I go to before work on Tuesday mornings (which is sort of a yoga/pilates hybrid), even though I'm a klutz at doing the moves. My eating hasn't been really good or really bad, so we'll see how it all shakes out in the end.

I don't think I'll be weighing in this week. I'm still planning to go to Las Vegas on Thursday. My friend and I talked last night, and while we're concerned about getting there and not being able to get back, we decided that if we let this attack shut our lives down, they win, and neither of us is willing to let that happen.

Has anyone seen the article written by Leonard Pitts from the Miami Herald called "We'll go forward from this moment". It's really awesome. You can find it on the Miami Herald website.

Gotta get some work done. Talk to you later!

Laura~

Tammy
09-18-2001, 11:10 PM
Tina, I like your new word! When are you inviting us all for a meal? Love those blueberry muffins!!!

Laura, I am impressed at how often you've been to the health club! You go girl!! I agree about the Las Vegas trip. Be careful and win lots of money. Think of me, because while you are in Vegas, I'll be in Columbus, Ohio, at a math conference! OH BOY!!

I'm going to check out the article by Pitts (if I can find it).

Weigh in? What's that?

auntie
09-18-2001, 11:39 PM
Howdy,

As Tammy says "Weigh in What's that??" You took the words right out of my mouth. This chubby body won't be doing it either. Gotta get out of this pattern. I feel TOM coming on. Craving salt and chocolate (which I can normally pass up except then) I'm feeling rather blobbish... Like my new word.

Tina, loved your new word "homemakery." :) Went to Michaels but no ribbion. Everyone said they had gone all over town and couldn't find any. So I bought some yarn. It was better than nothing. Made a bracelet. Wore yesterday and today. A former student came to visit and wanted it. Of course, Old softy gave it to her!!

Laura, I'm so jealous you're going to Vegas!!! You are right though about going. Have fun and be safe. .... Congrats for exercising. Could you do some for me too?/ :)

Well, I think I'm off to bed. Morning is coming just to dog gone early this week. I have a faculty meeting at 7:45 am.

Have a great day. I'll look for that article. Some one sent it to me at school. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Here to Hopefully an on program day!!!

Susan

Tina
09-19-2001, 12:26 AM
I just heard that 42% of the hotels in Las Vegas were empty.
Laura, you could stay in a different one each night. :) Have a great time. I'll be praying that you have a safe flight.

Susan, I like your new word, "blobbish." I can relate to that.
Eat some chocolate for me.

Tammy, you don't sound too excited about your math conference. :lol:

I'm gonna start a weigh in thread now (Unless someone has already started one.) I expect to see EVERYONE post over there. ;) Doesn't matter if you don't weigh. We all need to give support to those who do.

Love y'all,
Tina
God Bless America