Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies (#83)

4myloves
07-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Welcome to McSkinney's Loozing Floozies!

We're a group dedicated to motivating each other through our daily diet/exercise/life struggles and just "being here" for one another!

Anyone is welcome to join us in our conversations--the more the merrier!

Please be sure to go back to thread #82 to stay on top of things :)

4myloves
07-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Sorry I've taken a little extra time to start this new thread--busy busy with my summer class!

Welcome Monica! Glad I didn't scare you away with that PM!! I really think you'll enjoy this group of ladies!

Chris, I love bowling!!! I've been loving the gym lately, too! Too bad we don't live closer--we could motivate each other to go (when the "newness" wears off for me, I'm sure I'll need the motivation!).

Not sure how to get the family to help out with cleaning. With Stewart, I just Stopped doing ANYTHING. After awhile he started helping out some. He's much better now--unfortunately NOW I'm the one who has a hard time getting things done--between work, school, the gym and bowling night I feel like I actually have a LIFE again :)

Hullo to my dears Shelley and Gayle. Hope Dee is having fun in North Dakota. I wonder if it's as hot in the plains states as it is here in the south. If so, I hope she's drinking PLENTY of fluids!

Sherry, glad to hear good news about Drew. I'll keep thinking of ya!

Hi to Janice, Suzy, Debi, Linda and Chris!!!!!!! Hi to all the lurkers!!!!!!!!

Missing Vicki, Carol, Doni and all of my other "lost" Floozies :(

Love you all,
Cheryl

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Good Morning!

I found this site today and I think I fit right in with you floozies :) I am a mother of 4 girls, 13 5, 4 &4 (twins- proof God has a great sense of humor HA)

I am a harley chick but have not ridden since the kids arrived. For my birthday my DH- Navy guy- ordered me a Harley Davidson Street Bob! It will arrive on October 2nd.

I was so excited! Then I looked in the mirror- you really cannot hide your body on a bike like you can in a minivan. Boy am I a mess! 35+ pounds overweight, no exercise plan, depressed, tired and thinking of getting a tattoo on my rump saying "Body by McDonalds"

So here I am on day two of a very serious diet. I committed to this and intend to see it through. It is the exercise part that is a problem for me though. 7 years ago I used to run 5 miles 3x a week- now I get out of breath going upstairs with the clean towels....

Seeking friendship here and motivation!

gdeann
07-20-2006, 02:05 PM
WELCOME! WELCOME! I read in your bio you are a professional artist. I love art too! What kind of art do you do? I love doing anything that shows my creative side. Painting and stained glass are two of my favs....I would LOVE to learn glass blowing/bead making and lately I have had a serious urge to learn tattooing! Had to giggle when I read your tattoo remark!

Cheryl, I'm so,so happy I'm back!!! Missed all of you sooooooooo much!

I'm leaving in a week girls for my Sylvia Browne conference. I will be spending Saturday the 29th getting in tune with my spiritual/psychic side. Did I tell you all, Steve is LESS then excited about going??? LOL!

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi Fellow Artist!!! :) :) :) (I *knew* I belonged in here!)
I paint a lot of animal work- mostly homeless pets. Blowing glass would be awesome to learn! I too thought of learning tattooing- one of my paintings was tattooed on a client by a professional- funny!

If you post one of your works I will post one of mine *GRIN*

Sylvia Brown- I am interested in her dream book.

LindaB763
07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Howdy,

Haven't had much time to post lately. Been so busy with working, dating, and family stuff.

I weighed in last night. Didn't gain or shed so I suppose that's a bonus. Kinda discouraging because I wanted to drop a pound or two. Well, I must admit I cheated a little this weekend so it's all my fault. :mad:

I do have some good news to tell though! I got a raise and a promotion! :carrot: Not sure when I will start my new position as they have yet to hire anyone to replace me. Hopefully by the middle of August I will assume my new duties!

Looks like everybody has been just as busy as I have.

Welcome HDStreetBob!

Wonder if Dee has bought everything in sight? I desperately need some new clothes. I know my coworkers are tired of seeing me in the same thing all the time because I'm tired of wearing it. My "too big" stack is getting taller and taller! :D

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Way To Go LINDA! Raise and Promotion! More clothes money! :)

4myloves
07-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I desperately need some new clothes. I know my coworkers are tired of seeing me in the same thing all the time because I'm tired of wearing it.

Yup, I know exactly how you feel (except my TOO SMALL clothes pile is the one growing :( ). I started to ask my co-worker this morning if she was tired of seeing me wear the same 3 shirts over and over :lol: .

Gayle, I'm glad you're back, too!!!!!! I'll try to find a link to something you've posted before for Stella. Maybe you should post some of your recent stuff, though (for ALL of us) :)

Some of my favorite people in the world are named Stella. :)

gdeann
07-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Hmmmm...let me see what I can do. I haven't picked up a paint brush in over a year though! Life keeps getting in the way!!

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Some of my favorite people in the world are named Stella. :)

*GRIN*

What is funny is that I only have one business outfit- so if you look at the web site for the annual international exhibition I attend I have the same outfit on every time! I only have one dress too but I have been afraid to try it on lately. Maybe after a month of healthy living....

How do you all deal with cooking for the family and loosing weight? It is annoying to have to cook for them all- if I had the $$ they would all eat what I do HA HA HA- None of them need to loose weight though.

1oldbutterball
07-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Welcome HDStreetBob,
I just joined too, and also have 4 daughters, but mine are all on their own, and some have kids. i don't paint, infact I have no artistic talents, but 2 of my girls and 1 granddaughter have that talent, which they got from a brother of mine. I do make bread, but mostly Irish Bread, as my parents were both born there.
I have a question though, what did you do to get the weight line, I entered my weight in my bio, and my goal? Monica

4myloves
07-20-2006, 05:28 PM
I do make bread, but mostly Irish Bread, as my parents were both born there.
I have a question though, what did you do to get the weight line, I entered my weight in my bio, and my goal?

Ummmmmmm....... bread :drool:

I've always wondered about the weight line in the siggy, too. Never been able to figure it out :)

1oldbutterball
07-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Gosh I don't feel so bad then!! I thought it was just because I wasn't good on computers.

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Click on the line that says "www.3fatchicks.... " above the weight line- then design your line and copy the code into your signature (User CP on top menu bar> signature (on left) )

:) :)

1oldbutterball
07-20-2006, 05:59 PM
I got all the way to picking the slider and then the next page I do not understand. I don't understand how to add it to my signature. HELP !!!

ShelleyM
07-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Welcome, Stella! This is a great group of ladies. Some of us have been here a few years, others have just come on, but are all amazing and supportive. I must say, you are a very beautiful lady!

Gayle-How long are you going to be gone? I still have never heard of Sylvia Browne, but I guess it's because I am not well read at such things.

Linda-Yay! On the raise and promotion! I bet you're really excited!

Cheryl-As always, you are doing a great job as co/moderator with Sherry.

Sherry-Do you still talk to Debbie? Please tell her I'm thinking of her and wish she would come back and post.

Ramona-Please check in and let us know what's going on. You are still in my prayers.

Doni-I miss you, girl!! Come back!!

It's raining tons here and the ground is saturated again. No bike ride yesterday or today. I have done pretty good with the eating. I'm having a problem getting back to journaling though. I am taking tomorrow off from work, because next week the teachers start coming in. The new teachers start on Monday and all the others start Thursday. Ugh!! The summer flew by!!

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi Shelley! Great to meet you! School is starting for you? Where are you? We still have a month to go here.

Butterball- (love that name!)

You will have a code to chose from- select the one for our board

click on the code and (PC) click ctrl + a this will select the whole gibberish code. Then click ctrl + c this copies the code to your clipboard.

Then go to the link on the top of this page on the blue bar that says "User CP" Once this page loads look on the left and select "Signature" Then click on the dialog box and click ctrl +v this will paste the code in and you save - that is it~!

Let me know if that helps!

4myloves
07-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh, I was talking about the little S/C/G thing under your name on the left of where you post--I'm even worse off than you thought :D

(RE the weight tracker topic)

Shelley---------send some of that rain MY way----------that's an ORDER!!!!

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 06:18 PM
HA HA HA!!

That is on profile page I think.

Now I am trying to find one of the little exercise bars like the weight bars.

1oldbutterball
07-20-2006, 07:20 PM
HDStreetBob, Thanks I think I got it.

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Awesome!
(still looking for the exercise thingy...)

Lynneye
07-20-2006, 09:22 PM
I have been gone a day and boy things are popping here! FINALLY got two new AC units for this oven, we call home! Unfortunately, they won't be delivered till next week, but the end of this heat in here, is in sight!
Also stopped in to see Rob's Mom, and take her to lunch, so crazy busy day for me. Ending with a 1 pound gain at WW tonight! Very glad to be home and will catch up with everyone tomorrow, I need to go get something to drink and relax for a bit!

gdeann
07-21-2006, 12:42 AM
I'll post more later! Welcome newbies!

109 here today, what was the temp where your at????????

ShelleyM
07-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Gayle-Unbelievalbe heat for you!! It never gets that hot here in humid and sunny Fl!! I hope you are staying inside as much as possible.

Debi-Glad you have AC on the way!

Stella-The weight bar is on page five of 3FC tracker.

1oldbutterball
07-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Good Morning all,
It's going to be cooler here today, around 84, and not as humid,,,TG I need to work on my lawn, as my house is on the market, and homes on the market, in Michigan, are a dime a dozen. I tell myself everyday,,,today my home will sell. I am building a new home in Arizona and it will be finished in late Sept, so I need this to sell.

Congadulations to all that have not gained this week, and to those that have lost. Lots and lots of water is all I think !!!! It is helping that I am now filling water bottles every night for the next day, that way I know I am getting in 80oz.

Have a GREAT DAY ALL, Monica

HDStreetBob
07-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Sending Selling Vibes your way Monica!

coles
07-21-2006, 12:37 PM
[/URL] WOW!!

HELLO TO ALL THE NEWBIES. YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE.
I am having such a struggle lately. I am up 2.6 this week.
[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA"] (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA) I need a good swift kick http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_102v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)
Feel free - EVERYONE! I NEED IT.
I was doing so good but seem to have lost my motivation.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_38.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb068_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

HDStreetBob
07-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Try to change the routine- YOU CAN DO THIS! Do not Let yourself sabotage all you have done!

(was that a good butt-kicking?)

1oldbutterball
07-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi Coles.
Thanks for the welcome.

Remember to take it 1 minute at a time, those cravings usually last about that long,,,,go get your nails done, do something for yourself, and put a smile on your face again...

YOU WILL DO THIS !!!! Good Luck, Monica

4myloves
07-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Here ya go:

:drill: :coach: :kickbutt:

Cheryl

SuzyMc
07-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Wow! I took a day off to do some shopping and this place exploded! :eek:

Welcome Stella and Monica! You two obviously are going to fit right in here! :)

Those of you who want to learn how to blow glass need to come here for a visit. I live just 45 minutes from Corning Glass! http://www.cmog.org/

I don't have time right now to post a reply to everyone, but here's a swift kick for those who need it :kickbutt: and a high five for those who have lost :high: and a little will power dust for us all! :dust:

coles
07-21-2006, 09:48 PM
THANKS!!
Maybe that will help.
Janice

ShelleyM
07-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Janice-Don't sweat the gain. Just get right back on track.

I was down 1/2, so at least no gain for me.

chrily
07-22-2006, 12:06 PM
My gosh, were have I been! Wow, Hi to all the newbies... I'll have to check back later when I get a momento. I've had to work extra days this week and I'm just so frazzled. My sister, brother, and I took the kids to the lake yesterday. We call it "free friday" because they can eat lunch in the park free and then its free to go to the lake...hence a cheap day! :D

Gotta go finish blowing out my hair so I can get down to take care of my dad's kitties.

chris

gdeann
07-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend! Busy here as usual!!

1oldbutterball
07-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Happy Sunday All.
The weather in Michigan is great this week-end !!! Been out in the yard, trimming trees, cutting grass weeding garden, hope it helps me and the image from the street.
Went to a BBQ last night and was proud I didn't go over my points for the day. Wanted that Italian sausage, but had 2 hot dogs instead. YEA!!!
Hope all had a good week-end, see you Monday

HDStreetBob
07-23-2006, 08:37 PM
AWESOME!!!! Doesnt it Feel great???

ShelleyM
07-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Monica-That is great! You are right on track now!!

I went out yesterday and biked 25 miles. I finally felt like I had a good workout. It's the first time since I've stopped running that I felt good about the ride. I guess my Sunday will have to be a 20-30 mile ride in order to match my previous long runs of 10-15 miles.

Looks like everyone was busy this weekend. Have a great day!

1oldbutterball
07-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Way to go Shelley!!!!
Maybe once I get a little more of these lbs, off I will ride again too. I used to ride with a group years ago every Sunday. We met at the telephone company and left are cars there and then would ride 10-16 miles to have breakfast, and then ride back. It got to be such a big group we split into 3 speed groups, fast, sort of fast and newbies with some that rode slower. It was alot of fun. I am walking now, but as of Aug 1st I can go into work again and use the workout center, but it's been closed for a month.

Have a GREAT DAY ALL!!!

Monica

gdeann
07-25-2006, 12:30 PM
You girls wear me out with your biking stories!! I ride just a few miles and my butt is hurting so bad, I can't sit!!!

Shelley, is your foot better?? Steve wants to do a biking across Kansas event. Do they have anything like that in your area? If so, you should train for it. YOU WOULD BE AWESOME!

Monica & Stella, I hope your feeling at home here!

Chris, I love kittens....animals in general. I would LOVE nothing more then to live near a wildlife reserve and have a full time job taking care of baby creatures.

Suzy, thank you for the link! If I lived closer, I would take in a class or two!

Went shopping yesterday and found a few bargains. Ended up with a cocoa colored skirt and a new, shorter black skirt. I found a lavender lace top which works well with the cocoa skirt. I have decideed even though I am bigger then I would like and need to lose weight, I need to also take more pride in my appearance and quit dressing so dumpy. I usually wear boring, loose fitting tops and capris/shorts. I have also decided to get a backpiece tattoo! Not real soon, but down the road. I already know what I want, just coming up with the design. We leave on Friday for KC for the weekend so I'll be away until Monday/Tuesday.

I wonder if our Canadian chickie ever made it back from her shopping trip????

Deelite
07-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey Gayle just checked in now. I had a great time in North Dakota. We had lots of laughs. Not many shopping deals but that is ok, I still managed to spend almost $200 on stuff. Have fun with your Sylvia. Let us know what you think of her in person and what she said.

Shelley you blow me away with your biking. I only bike about 5-8 miles. I still have decided that I shouldn't keep track on my exercise. I try to swim about an hour two to three times a week, I walk almost every day for 40 minutes to an hour. I work out at the gym running only a mile and use the aliptical (sp?) 30 minutes and I also do aquafit. I don't do all these things on the same day but I usually do one to two things or sometimes three things a day.

Welcome to the newcomers. I am an oldcomer but I don't post much in the summer becasue I am outside all the time. Today was the first time we had some rain in almost two months so here I am. Although I still manage to spend my time in the pool house today. lol

Time to make dinner. Dez just called and asked if she could come down. We will be eatting in 45 minutes so I need to add extras to our dinner. Kids!

coles
07-25-2006, 07:57 PM
I weighed in today. I was down 1.6 lbs. so all that butt kicking worked. Thanks a Bunch!!

4myloves
07-25-2006, 07:58 PM
New thread tomorrow! :D

chrily
07-25-2006, 09:03 PM
I could never bike that far! My legs would fall off..I'm sure.

Well tonight was a wash. My sister has too much stuff to do so I guess maybe I'll just go for a walk or something.

Not much happenind today. I've had various kids in and out the door all day long. I watched my sister's kids, Tiana had a friend spend the night, Kayla had a friend over all day and then my other sister showed up with her 3. YIKES! I'm kind of enjoying the peace and quiet right now. Nicole is watching a movie and Kayla is almost sacked out on my bed. What more could a mother ask for??? ;)

Check back later.

chris

ShelleyM
07-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Gayle-I am going to get on my soapbox. Are you going to want to be 80 years old with a tatoo on your back? I don't know what a back piece tatoo is, but it sounds big. Please think about it hard before you do something like that. I'll support you in whatever you decide, but just don't do anything you are going to regret in later years. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Dee-Hi! Nice to hear from you. Yes, I know you are exercising. You are the workout queen, be it walking, water works or anything! How is that hole that Dez had in her booty? Is it completely healed?

Chris-It's nice that you can have some quiet time once in awhile.

I go to the podiatrist again today. My foot is still hurting. I don't think running will be back in my future. I am shooting for 100 miles per week in biking, once I can afford a new bike.

Love to all!

Janice!! Whooppee!!! Good for you on the WI!! Keep up the great work!

1oldbutterball
07-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Good morning all,

WTG Coles. That is AWESOME!!!! We knew you had it in you.

Shelley, good luck at the doctor's today! Nice to see you Deelite.

Have an appointment this morning so will write later.
Monica

gdeann
07-26-2006, 10:23 AM
GREAT JOB JANICE ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!

Oh, Shelley, sweetie, I guess I should of explained myself better. The size I am considering will be small and on the lower part of the back like where low rise pants fit. Shoot, when I'm 80-90 in a nursing home, then I will just have all the young ones with tattoos caring for me. Plus my DEPENDS will cover it up!! LOL!!! Tattooing is very popular in this area. Is it in Florida? Probably at least 2-3 out of every 10 people I meet, has a tattoo.

HDStreetBob
07-26-2006, 11:14 AM
It is popular out here too :) I always wanted to learn how to tattoo :)

chrily
07-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Okay..my turn. I always thought it would be cool to have a tattoo but needles scare me and I have a hard time getting stuck for blood work. I also thought it would be neat to have my bellybutton pierced. Of course, that would be more pain than I could handle I think.

What's everyone up to today? I'm getting a few little things done around the house and then taking off to my sister's to work on our triple b-day party stuff. Her two boys and my littlest girl are all in the same week, so we're doing a mini carnival in her back yard. Ya know, the duckie pull, fish pond, sucker pulls, dime toss, bounce houses, etc. It should be fun. More work than fun for a week or so but then it will all be done and I can relax until school starts.

Tonight if I don't go to the gym...I"m going for a walk around the high school track. Wish me luck!

~chris

4myloves
07-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Please stop!!

A new thread has been started!

"The Plane!, The Plane!" :D