100 lb. Club - The Winning Losers - July - All are welcome

u2girl
07-19-2006, 03:00 PM
The Winning Losers

This checkin is for anyone that has weight to lose, but especially for those that have 100+ pounds to lose. Losing weight takes alot of work and committment and hopefully being part of a check-in gives you a little bit of accountability. Sure, you can leave anytime you want, but once you form a connection with others in your group, you probably won't. So enough with the speech, since this is the first month, it's probably best we start with a brief intro.

My name is Elycia and I live in St. Louis, MO. I am 30, married to my best friend with twin daughters, that you can see in my avatar. I gained quite a bit of weight during my pregnancy (80 lbs to be exact), but I dropped 45 lbs within 3 weeks of having them. However, within 3-4 months I managed to gain back most of the 45 that I lost. This has been very discouraging and I am very displeased with how I look and feel. So, that is why I decided to organize a check in because I am very committed to losing this weight and want to help others if I can. :)

TiffanyinMass
07-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi I just wanted to jump in and get the ball rolling:) I have more then 100 lbs to go.. I will be taking this step one day at a time. Sometimes minute by minute. But, with support I have already got from this awesome site I am sure to be a sucess.. I am 30 years old happily married. I have a teenage son and my husband has two teen sons as well. I hope to lose weight in order to be healthy and HAPPY...

AquaChick
07-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Hello, my name is Aqua. I am a mother, and I am married. I have to lose 75 pounds.

Wednesdays are typically when I check myself, even though in the past I have had a bad habit of being a compulsive scale watcher (a daily checker). I have lost a lot of weight in the past, but I put it all back on. I am actually very depressed about it, but I am going to give it a go again with the hope that this time will be when I finally "get it" and can fight my addiction to sugar on a permanent basis.

Thank you for having a check in. I think this will be a very powerful tool for me.

I am a HUGE u2 fan by the way!!!! Larry Mullen Jr. is waaaaaaayyyyyyy hot!!!!! :kissluck:

phoxiekat
07-19-2006, 04:39 PM
my intro....

My name is Stacy and I'm from southeastern South Dakota. I've been married for four years (together 8.5 yrs!!!) and we have a beautiful 15mo old daughter. I only gained 16lbs during pregnancy, but I started at 254:o . I've ALWAYS been overweight. I distinctly remember being 123lb in 4th grade. I starved myself junior year of high school and got down to 175 from 214. Went up steadily in college to 254. Got down to 225 before I got married, then back up again...January 1, 2006, I was 266. Only 4lb shy of my full-term pregnancy weight:( I got off to a slow start then completely stopped until the end of May. I've finally decided that this is it. I have to do this. For me, for my daughter, for my husband. I'm too young to be this tired all the time. I'm too young to be ashamed of my body.

I would like a daily check-in to keep me accountable if anybody else is up to it!:D

AquaChick
07-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Sure, I'll pop in every day to state my victories and mishaps. :)

Nice to meet all of you. :grouphug:

SnShn13
07-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Sarah and I'm from Cleveland, Ohio. I weighed almost 310 at one point and my most recent "Start" weight was 303. This has been a crazy year for me so far... I was doing GREAT at the beginning of the year but an unexpected pregnancy derailed me. Then after miscarrying I had to wait another month to start back. I recently went back to school and I work full-time so I am swamped. I belong to a gym and I have a program there... I've just be TERRIBLE about going. I hope you girls can help keep me in line! I'll do my best to check in daily... I ate BAD today and didn't exercise...lol So, tomorrow's another day! Good luck all!

Woodspritechick
07-19-2006, 11:54 PM
Hi there. I am Laramie "Woodspritechick", I just joined a little bit ago and am looking for support and friends. I think this is a great sit! I am currently 270 lbs and want to lose at least 100 big lbs. I hope to meet some friends here. Please email me if you like

Woodspritechick

Quirky1
07-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Hello everyone. :wave: I'm glad to see this group forming. I think having some friends to share the everyday struggles of weight loss will be very helpful.

About me... I am a 39 year old wife and mom of 3. My age is starting to freak me out a bit so I decided at the beginning of the year to lose weight so that I could get healthy and get to see my (future) grandchildren grow up. I am a stay at home mom but am considering going back to work once my youngest starts school full time. I just can't decide though. I do know that if I am going to take on the challenge of working full time plus raising my kids and being a good wife that I had better lose weight so that I'll have more energy.

Well, it's nice to meet you all. I look forward to talking to you all daily. :)

Woodspritechick
07-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Hi Maggie,
Nice to meet you. What kind of work do you do or plan on doing if you go back? I agree with you that having friends here will help out alot. I need all the friends and support I can get. I try to eat healthy, but I am an emotional eater and when I do eat bad things, I over do it.

Talk with you later,
Woodspritechick

TiffanyinMass
07-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Good Morning:)
I am dragging today because I slept way longer than I normally do.. So I need to give myself a few before I run fun the gym.. I did good last night. I went to cvs to have my perscription filled and I was craving chocolate so bad! But I did not buy it! That was big for me. Before I would of said what the **** I will work harder tomorrow.. So I came home had 2 hershey kisses instead of a BIG bar and 2 fig newtowns. I was satisfied with that.. I am very happy with me. The big bar would have sent me over the guilt edge and I would of thought I already blew it what does it hurt. Today I need to remember my cd player. I really do not care to here people next to me at the gym. This one lady made a comment yesterday about people on ellpitcals with magazine! She said how can they do that they can't see their stats.. Why does she care? If it makes life eaiser for the person to have a magazine then so be it.. I prefer music myself. She was making remarks about the woman in front of her. Have a blessed day everone and make it count..

AquaChick
07-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Hello ladies!!!

TiffanyinMass, I have seen that in the gym before!!! I can totally relate!! Some ladies are just like that. They obsess over what other people are doing-and sometimes it is just rude. I had a lady like that in the gym I used to go to. I would just smile at her and then do what I felt was best for me. :carrot: Some people get more winded when they see their stats. It is a psychological thing.

As for me, I have some confessions already. I followed my plan yeaterday until about 7:30 PM, and then I had a binge. I had bold chex mix (dang near half a bag of the smaller bag), and some dulce de leche kisses. Maybe 7-8 of them. Oh, mercy.... did I ever feel like garbage afterward. :(

So this morning, I get up and I had a struggle with my coffee. To sweeten or not to sweeten, that is the question. I kept looking at the sugar, and the dulce de leche kisses... back and forth, back and forth... well I made it. I poured my coffee, added a small amount of half and half and wlked out of the kitchen. I was fine when I got out of there. Does that sound crazy or what? :dizzy:

So, this far today I'm still in good with myself.

Quirky1
07-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Good morning(ish). :)

I actually had a decent day yesterday. I have been struggling for a while with uncontrolled eating. I've been hovering around the same weight for a few weeks. I'm hoping to put a good week together and actually lose some weight by next Wednesday's weigh in.

~Woodspritechick, nice to meet you too! I love your avatar. Josh is such a cutie. Is it hot in Arizona??? (I think I know the answer to that, :lol: ) Here in Indiana it is hotter than, well, you know. It's like walking into a sauna out there. Unfortunately, I hate sweating so bad that I haven't gone for my daily walk in a very long time. I am so ready for autumn to arrive.
To answer your question about a job, I'm not sure what I am looking for really. There is a Honda factory opening up near here and I may apply there when they start taking applications. I hear that the wages and benefits are pretty decent. If I don't get that job, I'm thinking about just doing some pretty major e-baying to make some extra $$$.

~Tiffany and Aqua, you go girls! I admire anyone who can go to a public gym. I don't have the confidence yet to exercise in front of other people.

~Aqua, that chex mix is a killer. I bought some in the past thinking that it wasn't too bad on calories but I couldn't control myself and binged on it. I have decided that I can't keep anything like that in the house. This doesn't make my kids happy, however.

Have a great day everybody! :cb:

phoxiekat
07-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Yesterday was a pretty good day for me (eating wise). I had an ice cream treat (YUMMY:D ) but still stayed within my calorie range. I figure I can't deny myself a treat forever, so just as long as I can be sensible about it, I might as well have it.

In other news, my daughter had her 15mo checkup today...22lb14oz...50th percentile. I hope, hope, hope she never has to deal with weight issues. She also had 3 shots which were not enjoyable for either her or I.

It really does look like we have a good group going here! Let's keep it up ladies!:hug:

thistoo
07-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Hey all, I'm Caroline and I'm 33, single, and finishing my Masters degree in Library Science. I'm working a weird schedule right now and taking classes full time, so I might be sporadic about checking in, but I'll definitely do so when I can. Having a support system really does make all the difference.

I record most of the Deep Thoughts about my weight loss journey at my diet journal (link in my signature), so if you want to know the gory details you can find them there. Or I will post more of them here when I'm not running late for work, as usual! Working the evening shift makes it so much harder to get there on time. I really never thought I'd prefer mornings.

StephanieAZ82
07-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi ladies. I would love to join you! My name is Stephanie and I am 23 years old. I am single and work as a home health aide (with plans to start workin' on my LPN certification in the fall). I have pretty much always been overweight. I started WW before my wedding in 2002 and lost 40 lbs. but I have gained back every bit of it, PLUS more. :( Since then, I have gotten divorced and was in another relationship for nearly 2 years but that just recently ended. My ex wanted to eat fast food EVERY day, sometimes twice a day and I've always had a problem saying no (not blaming him, I know I could've just said NO at any time ;) ), so my weight sky-rocketed when we were living together.

But now I am more motivated than ever to lose weight! My main motivation is that I want to have children someday, when I meet the right person, and I want to be able to do everything with my children and live to see my grandchildren. :D

I will keep checkin' in. I hope you all have a fabulous day!

Angel33
07-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'd love to join you. It never hurts to have the extra support during this very long journey.
My name is Leec, short for Aleecia. I am 33, married and and have a 2.5 year old daughter. I have been overweight for almost my whole life, so this whole diet thing isn't new for me. I feel like this time I can really do it and I know having the support from the people here has made a huge difference.
I like the checking in everyday idea. Makes me accountable for the good and the bad.
Hope to get to know all of you.

karistiana
07-20-2006, 02:57 PM
My name is Rhonda. I've been overweight most of my life, and I finally found something that works well for me that I can stick with. I no longer need to lose over 100 lbs, but I had 113 when I started. Now, I'm down to needing to lose 59 lbs. I just wanted to pop in and say, great thread ... we can all do this! It may be tough sometimes, and we may stumble, but we are all here to lend a hand back up. We're all in this together, and we are going to kick some fat out of our lives for good. Woo hoo! Get excited. You are all making a huge step in changing your lives and regaining your health. If I personally can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me.

blondie728
07-20-2006, 08:45 PM
A little bit about me... I'm 26 from indianapolis. I live in sin for my bf of 7 years, yeah i know whats he waiting for lol, and my 2 puppies. I've always been overweight. I dont have any skinny stories but I'm lookin for some. I want to get married in the near future and have babies and the thought of doing that the way I look right now scares me. My goal right now is to Onederland, and i havent seen it since i was about 13. After that we'll see what happens i cant even imgaine that right now.

Right this minute I'm eating healthier than i ever have in my life. i'm trying new foods and even veggies! :eek: My problem is i retain water like a camel in the desert and i wanna see the scale move. So I gotta stay good thru the weekend and i know it will pay off eventually.

But i hope this group is the ticket, i love this site!

LisaMarie71
07-20-2006, 08:59 PM
I'd like to join you guys. I've been on and off diets since college, and now I'm 34 and I weigh 275. Five years ago, I lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers and now I've gone back to doing that program (though I haven't decided yet if I'll attend meetings). I just started on Tuesday and I'm doing ok so far, though I haven't started working out like I should yet. I'm taking it one step at a time and trying not to burn out and get sick of the program like I did before.

I'm 5'9" and I remember being quite thin at 140, so I'm setting an ultimate goal of 165. My whole family is "big-boned," and my 5'7" sister looks very fit at 160. She even teaches cardio classes! I'm setting mini-goals along the way. The first one is 247, which I'm hoping to reach by October 31, but that may be too ambitious. As long as I'm on the way down and my clothes are starting to feel loose, I'll feel good!

Good luck to everyone!
Lisa

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar028a/penguin/lb/275/165/275/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

StephanieAZ82
07-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, I did not do so well today. I bought a little container of Dreyer's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream last night (my first mistake). I did well with it last night, but my A/C went out this afternoon and it's 103 degrees outside atm - feels about as hot inside! So I comforted myself by eating the whole thing. :o Ah well, tomorrow is another day. I hope y'all are doing better than I did! :)

Oh, almost forgot, on a good note - I found some 0 point popsicles at Sam's Club today, so hopefully I will be able to avoid this problem in the future! LOL.

Woodspritechick
07-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey ladies:D
Well I made it to the gym tonight after not going for a few months. I was going to try and work out at home, but there are too many distractions.

Quirky-yes it is very brutally hot here in AZ:cool: I wish it would actually rain, we always get the preview of rain but never the full show. I am actually looking for another job for the weekends. I really could use the extra money, especially with gas prices going back up.

I was wondering if anyone had some helpful tips for staying on track? I do make myself drink at least 64 ounces of water a day and I am really trying not to eat after 630pm. Also a friend of mine at work told me that she lets herself eat what she wants on the weekends and is good all week. Does anyone else have any tips they would be willing to share?

I hope everyone is doing great and loving themselves.

Hugs,:hug:
Laramie

Woodspritechick
07-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey StephanieAZ82, don't worry about the ice cream. I get that way too, and since we both live in AZ, we have to do what we can to cool down.

You know, I work with cancer patients and I was remarking to a co-worker of mine, that it is interesting how most of the patients at the clinic are triing to keep weight on or gain it, while the rest of society is so focused on losing weight.

With the ice cream, you have to be able to treat yourself sometimes, life is about enjoying life and if a little ice cream makes you smile:D then go ahead.

hugs:hug:

TiffanyinMass
07-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Hey everyone :) I hope you all had a great day yesterday. I had a minor slip last night. I was sooooooo hungry after dinner. Not sure why. I ate very well all day. My husband wanted hamburgers so I made his burgers and I had a boca burger on my light roll and teaspoon of light mayo. We also had fried potatos with onion.They were made with olive oil. I wonder if the potatos is what did me in? So I drank my water that was not helping. I ate 2 fig newtons that worked for a bit. Then It was watermelon and grapes ok that did it. THEN midnight I could not fall asleep and was HUNGRY it was on, I ate 2 quaker oatmeal breakfast cookies and had some milk... Took my xanax so I could fall asleep. Now I am facing a new day. I hope I can keep my hunger in check today. I am not sure what is going on. Maybe because I am burning extra cals at the gym too? Maybe adding more of something like fiber? But what? Any suggestions? Have a great day everyone.. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
Tiffany

AquaChick
07-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Hello ladies!!! Good morning to all of you. :)

I screwed up last night. My biggest problem is at night. :( *sigh* I have gone on a slim fast plan- all is well during the day. All is well during sensible dinner. All is not well after 7 PM. I ate the rest of the bold chex mix and some more dulce de leche kisses. I even have a rule of "nothing after dinner", but I don't really know how to enforce it on myself. I think it will just take some time getting used to it.

As far as tips for those who asked, during the day I do really well drinking water and having the slim fast. I take a multi vitamin and calcium vitamin. I also drink V8 to make sure I get my veggies, and I drink coffee. I guess my big thing is having something to drink. I don't feel empty handed, but none of what I have is detrimental to my plan.

Even though I have been battling the pantry past 7 PM, I have lost 1 1/2 lbs. so far.

phoxiekat
07-21-2006, 10:51 AM
OK...I did pretty well yesterday until dinner time. It was just me & DD and I didn't feel like cooking...so I ordered pizza:p . But! I only ordered a small! That way, the pieces are small, and there are only 6 of them. I had 2 and she had 1. We will eat the leftovers tonight. It was a victory for me to not order the large, eat 4 pieces and then feel horribly guilty.

On a happier note, I am wearing some jeans today that I haven't worn in quite a while. I can even breathe in them! :D

Once again, I am so pleased to see this little group get together!

Laramie--good job on going to the gym! I wish I could be so dedicated!

AquaChick & TiffanyinMass--I totally understand the late night cravings. I can usually kill it by either drinking an obscene amount of water or just going to bed.

Stephanie--good thing I wasn't there with the pb cup ice cream...I'd would have fought you for it:devil: .

To everybody else--I hope you all have a great day!

AquaChick
07-21-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm going to try the water thing tonight. When that 7PM battle horn blows I'm gonna be armed with a gallon of water and an attitude. :D

brat_61886
07-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey chicas. I'm Brittni and i'm 20. I need to lose 175 pounds. Ive always been over weight and i recently found out that almost everyone on my mothers side of the family has died of stroke and heart attack by the age of 55. I'm a full time college student and the weight has kept me from acting like my peers. doing things like going to the pool, floating the river and wakeboarding. I really want to be an active person, i want to be able to do those things.
email me or messege if ya'll wanna!

AquaChick
07-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Hey, Brittni! I think it is really great that you are taking those steps to improve your chances of having better health.

I am only 29, and I have had high blood pressure - even had to take medicine for it! I have had other non- weight related heart problems, but believe you me- the extra weight has made it very difficult on me. A big part of my mission is to make it easier for me to breathe and for peace of mind about my health.

This is a great place to be for support.

flawlesscube
07-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Aqua that is one of my fav all time movies, Labyrinth. nice pic.

Name is Anna 31 y/o I might be here awhile :) . This is the extension from the midwest? U2girl? Okay have to go get ready meeting a friend of the BF's in town from Britain. Hmm this should be interesting, she has this wonderful accent and she is nervous about meeting me, might be because I am about 7 inches taller. Oh well, Have a great evening all
Anna

AquaChick
07-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Aqua that is one of my fav all time movies, Labyrinth. nice pic.

Name is Anna 31 y/o I might be here awhile :) . This is the extension from the midwest? U2girl? Okay have to go get ready meeting a friend of the BF's in town from Britain. Hmm this should be interesting, she has this wonderful accent and she is nervous about meeting me, might be because I am about 7 inches taller. Oh well, Have a great evening all
Anna

Thanks! I love that movie so much. I like David Bowie a bunch too.

thistoo
07-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Tiffany, I really do think burning calories working out makes a difference with hunger. On the days I work out a lot, I am way hungrier than on the days that I don't. It's miserable and if your body's telling you to eat something *right now*, I think you should listen to it. The trick, I guess, is trying to make healthier choices instead of going straight for processed carbs the way so many of us do.

Speaking of which, I am battling major cravings tonight. I came home and made a healthy shrimp stir-fry with brown rice, but even after eating a full dinner I'm craving pasta with red sauce and tons of cheese. Or chocolate cake; whichever. Thankfully I don't keep junk around so I have to overcome my post-work inertia and go to the store in order to get those things, but the cravings are annoying nevertheless. I've been doing really well with eating right and not having cravings lately, but today they're awful for some reason.

I'll continue to try to ignore them. Maybe go to bed early so I can stop thinking about food.

StephanieAZ82
07-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Hi everyone! I am exhausted and about to go lay down and watch a movie, but wanted to check in and see how everyone is doin'. :D I had a pretty good day. I FEEL good (and healthier) so I figure I must be doing something right.

What is everyone doing for exercise? I don't think I am brave enough for the gym (yet) and I keep meaning to get over to Target to buy some of the WATP DVDs. Does anyone do those? I used to have one of them and I really enjoyed it, but I think I sold it when I fell off of the diet wagon the last time. :( I have some hand weights. I checked online and saw a bunch of different DVDs though, so not sure which one to get.

Caroline - G'luck with battling off the cravings. They can be evil. :devil: Going to bed early usually works well for me, too!

To everyone else, I hope you guys have a wonderful night and a great day tomorrow.

thistoo
07-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Stephanie, does your local library have a decent exercise video collection? I'm a librarian, so I have easy access, but what I do is check out the videos I want to try before I buy them. That way I'm not paying for something I might not do more than once or twice.

Having said that, I just bought the Crunch Pilates three-pack with a gift certificate someone gave me for my birthday, and I've only tried one of those so far. I really enjoy Pilates, though, and I try to fit it in a couple times a week. Fat Burning Pilates also burns more calories than regular Pilates, so that's a new benefit.

Other than that I do the elliptical a few times a week and try to swim five to six times a week. I'm lucky in that I have a pool right outside my back door and an elliptical at home, so I don't have to go to the gym. When it gets too cold for swimming, though, I walk. A quality pedometer/heart rate monitor and some good walking shoes can provide you an excellent workout without having to deal with the gym.

PS: Thanks for the good wishes! I had 140 calories of low fat ice cream and that did the trick. So I stayed in my calories for the day, at least.

Merrick
07-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Good Morning,
I was hoping to join your check in group... I really need accountability. Today I have turned 40... I little about me. Well, I was put on bed rest at 5 months of my pregnancy... I gained 80 lbs mostly during the end. Anyway... I lost 45 lbs then put that plus 60, my son is now 10 and I am now divorced, went back to school and still fat.... Well, I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I was to be healthy. I use to exercise everyday, till my bedrest. Now I am lucky if I excercise once a week or even a month... how did this happen.. I always pictured myself as being the best of health on my 40th... well I am in the worst of health and if I do not do something my health will continue to deteriate. I need to motivate myself and I know that this is the place, I hope you do not mind if I join your group?

thistoo
07-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Happy birthday, Merrick! Welcome our little fledgling group. Just being able to post here last night when I had a terrible carb craving made a huge difference for me, so I hope you will find that it does the same for you.

Merrick
07-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Caroline,
thank you, I am sure I will. So far my day is good. The weather here is a little iffy, but I took a walk to and on the beach. I love the beach... it is my sactuary. I hope you all have a great day.
Great job on the redirection of the food cravings.

Stephanie,
I have Fit Tv on cable, and they show a bunch of different exercise programs. I actually taped (VHS) some of them to do at a later time. I really like Gilad's weight training, short and to the point and a good workout. Good Luck.

The big test for me today, I am going to dinner with the family... but I think it is a surprise party... I am nervous about the food and drinks... I just started... not ready for a flop already. We will see. Whatever happens... happens.
Thanks for listening.
Good day to you all
Lynne

Sugar-N-Spice
07-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Hello Gang! Would love to join this group, I need accountability and a place to chat desperately!
I'm Danielle, 36 y/o SAHM of 3 not-so-little-ones, and have about 110 to lose. I have just started back on Atkins for the 3rd time but I truly believe that low carbing is where my lifestyle needs to be. My body loves low carb and had major success 2 years ago, losing about 55 lbs in about 4 months. What, with having 3 kids and a husband who was very adamant about NOT "being a low carber" himself, I went back to my old ways and regained every ounce plus some. I am SO ready to do this, SO ready to get healthy and quit with the rollercoaster ride!! I've decided that I will cook what I want and if DH doesn't want it, so be it. I gotta do what I gotta do!

Looking forward to getting to know you girls(guys, if there're any?) and share in our journey's and help out where I can! Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!!! Today is my DD's 10th b-day, and EEK, there is b-day cake! :dizzy:

♥danielle

brat_61886
07-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey guys, i had an absolutely horrible day. i slept for like four hours and i had no energy at all. i ordered fast food since i didnt have the energy to get up and cook something. Now i have a head ache and just really wanna go back to sleep. do ya'll ever feel like that? what do you do to keep it from happening????

TiffanyinMass
07-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey gang I hope you are all having a great weekend. I know weekends can be hard as heck! I wanted to post about the waffles I bought. I normally like waffles but I eat 2 and the never stay with me within an hour I am starving.. So today while at the store I came across them. I wondered what they had the others did not have. So I found out. They have 6 grams of fiber;) and and 8 grams of protein! the serving is 2 and they are 170 for calories and 3 grams of fat. I think if you are doing weight watchers that works out to 3 points. This will be a great thing if they keep me satisfied;) I hope they taste ok.. We shall see. I will let you know what I think. I am trying to stay ion track this weekend. It was hard because I had a craving for low-mein I had them load it up with lots of veggies. They charged more but I think it was worth it. I love the bok choy they add to it. This week I plan to learn how to make that with maybe a chicken dish. So I am dowing water like nuts to wash out the sodium.. I also am suffering from wonderful pms! Hence the craving..I will be back at the gym in the morning..Tonight hubby and I are planning a walk. Have a great night everyone..
Tiff

Hi brat_61886 I do feel like that at times. I find that normally it is pms for me. I think I was told it is a drop in the estrogen.. Just take it easy today and rest sometimes that is all you can do. Try and get your water in and maybe a nice shower.. Then tomorrow jump right back on track.. Take care..

Woodspritechick
07-23-2006, 05:57 PM
:carrot: Hello friends:D

I hope everyone is doing well today and is having a nice weekend. To all the newbie-welcome and Hi my name is Laramie "woodspritechick" I am also 29 years young and have four dogs who are my babies!

I went to the gym today to burn off the taco bell I had for lunch. I put in about 40 minutes of cardio and now I am about to hopefully burn some more calories by cleaing the house. I think a good path for me is to eat really well and be diciplined during the week and then on the weekends, have what I am craving. I just need to watch my portions.

Has anyone seen "lady in the water" yet? I saw it yesterday, I liked it, but I was a bit confused.

Well, my house is not going to clean itself.

Hugs and stuff

Sugar-N-Spice
07-23-2006, 06:23 PM
I hope everyone is having a great day! I know the weekends can be hard sometimes to stay OP, I hope you were each successful in achieving your goals. Right now everyday feels like the weekend with the kids still on vacation! LOL I don't know what it is about everyone being home that makes it tough for me, you'd think it'd be the other way around with being able to eat what I want without anyone seeing. LOL. The mind is a funny thing! I REALLY need to get exercising! This one thing seems to really affect my ability to be a good girl with food. With all the videos and equipment I've got I could open a gym. Guess it is time to quit using my stationary bike as a clothes hanger! :)

Brittni- Don't be too hard on yourself. You had a bad night, but its only one and as long as you get right back up and keep trying you are way ahead of the game! IMO I think all you need is a little planning ahead with meal preparation (I think we all struggle with this!) And you will have a lot of success. Maybe cutting up fresh fruits and veggies and putting into portion sizes in the fridge for easy grab and go will help in the midst of that insatiable hunger. I am not sure what plan you are using, but whatever it is, I would just make some things ahead of time for when time is of issue. I know you can do this, I commend you for doing it while you're younger and not waiting til you get older. Go you!! Be strong and come here and let us help you,ok?

Tiffany- I'm so glad that you found something that will fit your way of eating. Its always so nice when we find our faves that we can still incorporate! Let us know how like them. Do you do WW? I wish you much success on your journey!

Well guys, today is definitely a lazy day, I have gotten absolutely nothing done. DD's b-day was yesterday and there is still cake and ice cream in this house! I can smell it! LOL my other daughter turns 12 in 9 days, so another cake and more goodies. How's that for planning pregnancies? LOL

Looking forward to hearing how everyone did this weekend and what your goals are for the new week! Mine is to get thru one solid week of clean eating and to workout at least 3x this week. Why do I hate exercise so much?!

Anyways, hope all is well in your neck of the woods and you're all shining!

~danielle

Sugar-N-Spice
07-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi Laramie, we were posting at the same time!
I'm glad to hear you're having a good weekend! I think that if you are comfortable with setting up your eating plan like that then you should go for it. What works for one doesn't always for another, so more power to you! Only you know what's right for you. Great job on the exercise!! I need to follow your lead and get going with that!
Good luck with that housework! Another thing I should be doing too! LOL just think of the extra calories you'll be burning!! :)
Have a great evening!

~danielle

u2girl
07-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Hello everyone:

So excited to see all of the responses. I am sooo sorry that I have not been here. Ugh! It is terrible in St. Louis. We have had major power outages. We had to leave the city because all of the hotels locally were booked. It's been awful.

Anyways, I have not read all of your posts, but so happy to see so many joined. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Elycia

blondie728
07-24-2006, 01:18 AM
Hey again everyone! I hope yall had a good weekend, i did. Friday my mom and sis took me out for my b-day, I ate a WHOLE burger, bun, cheese, bacon and all and had a beer. It all tasted sooo weird lol and i was stuffed. Then the waiter brought me a b-day cookie and I SPLIT it up and gave all but a small peice for me. HOLY CRAP this is working lol. Before I would never share and give the evil eye if people were looking at my food. And we went grocery shopping and my bf was sooo good we bought all the fruit and veggies and good stuff no matter what the cost. He said if youre gonna do it, do it right. Im very lucky :cp: And... I finally lost a lb. of water weight, i over drank last week. I was trying to be so good i was drinking tooo much.

If you had a bad weekend, put it behind you. You can leave it and start a new week. I still ate some Long John Silvers today and it was yumm. Back on the wagon and eatin some fruit. I work nights so i have 12 hours a night to snack with abandon but also i have 12 hours to drink my water and eat veggies. You have the power to decide. Have a good day :sunny: I'll check in tomorrow night.

brat_61886
07-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey ladies, after my hard weekend i decided to stop the bullshit. I mean its really kind of pathetic how I let my personal life (aka family) change me. I mean serously. Everytime one of them screws up, i pay for it by eating. Well I thought looooooong and very hard about all of this, this weekend and i'm not going to let anyone control me like that but me. I joined LA weightloss a while ago but i was never able to do it right because i let everything in the way of my success (college, family, friends or i should say lack there of). Well i'm going to the gym this morning and using the work out plan that helped Oprah lose all her weight and going to put LA weightloss into good use. Hope you all have a wondering losing day!

Amany
07-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Hello all.

I've been lurking around the forum for a while, but I posted for the first time over the weekend. My name is Amanda, I'm 33 years old, married and have struggled with weight on and off all my life. I've found the best I've ever done with my weight was when I ate sensibly and exercised. Just as a way of life.

Two weeks ago started with Atkins for the second time. I tweaked it to for me though. For instance I didn't count carbs, but I stayed away from sugar, flour and fried foods. I used oil spray instead of oil or butter and cut out fat where I could. Like removing skin from chicken.

After two good weeks, I succombed to cravings yesterday. I ate some ice cream bars. An entire box of them. Here was the rationale: "I don't want these to be in the freezer tomorrow. I don't want to be tempted by them." I should have just thrown them away. I really have to get this eating of mine under control. It's just ridiculous.

I was sick all night too. I was throwing up and had um.... bathroom issues. (Sorry to gross you out). But then it occured to me that I used to feel awful quite often before I started with low carb again. My body responds well to low carbing and I hate that I strayed. But I'm back on the wagon.

Thanks for reading.

AquaChick
07-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Mornin' ladies. :) Pleased to meet all of you I have never met before, :welcome3:

Well, my weekend was okay. I fudged some, but, today is yet another day to try again to behave. I have been sort of sick actually, so it wasn't all too bad with my eating. Control is something that will take me a while to perfect.

Tke care friends, have a wonderful day.

phoxiekat
07-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi All!

Well, this weekend went ok for me. I wasn't on my game the whole time, but not too bad in the grand scheme of things. I am also a chronic scale jumper and was very pleased to see a 2lb loss on Sat from last Tues...then today, I'm back up 1.5lb...I'm blaming it on the monthly bloat. My official weigh in is always on Tues, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I'm also very pleased to see some newcomers! You can never have enough support!!! :D

u2girl
07-24-2006, 01:16 PM
:woo: WOW!!!

Winning Losers Checkin is doing great! I am so excited to see everyone checking in and trying to be of encouragement to each other. Kewl!

I read through all of the post, so I have to say Hi to everyone.
:wave: Hi, Tiffany, Aqua, Stacy, Sarah, Laramie, Maggie, Caroline, Stephanie, Leec, Rhonda, Blondie, Lisa, Brittini, Anna, Merrick, Danielle and Amanda.

I tried very carefully and I hope I didn't miss anyone. :welcome3: to everyone and so glad to meet you. What a great check-in!!

Okay, I am banking early for some encouragement, I promise to make up for it later. ;) I was sooooo ready to get going and then this power outage happened and I don't have access to any of the normal things. I had just went shopping Wednesday afternoon and not 10 minutes after I walked in the door it got really dark outside and stormed and then power went out and it has been out ever since. Yes, ALLL of my groceries were ruined and everything else in my refrigerator is spoiled. Also, all of my workouts are done with videos and of course with no power, I can't do them. It is over 100 degrees with a heat advisory here, so I feel hopeless. It is just terrible. I feel bad because alot of times to get going you have to have your mind set and focused and now I have to try to do that all over again when the power returns. Just a bummer. So, hopefully the power will be on at my house soon. Fortunately, my mother lives not far from me and her power returned yesterday and so we are staying at her house temporarily. Guys keep your fingers crossed that my power returns soon.

I hope to get some good vibes from you guys to keep me on track so when I am back in ideal circumstances I will be able to get going again. I just feel so bad that the day I got the check-in together, I lose power and it looks like I deserted everyone. I didn't though, just an really ill-timed emergency.

Again, hello to everyone and I look forward to reading about your ups, downs and in betweens. :smug:

Sugar-N-Spice
07-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Ok, this is my 3rd attempt at a post here and I'm getting alittle annoyed!
I had actually completed a super long one the first time with personals to everyone and then the system "redirected" me and it disappeared. The 2nd one was almost just as long and did the same thing! Argh!!!!!

So, gonna make this short for now:

Everyone stay strong and remember your goals. You are worth every step you take towards good health and long life. YOU come first in this journey!!!!
Baby steps if you have to, it's in the right direction and that is all that matters.

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION!!!

Will head back here later today after the grocery store..maybe the computer will behave itself!

Keep Shining Girls! Be good to you!!!!!

♥danielle

AquaChick
07-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Aw. You all are so sweet. :grouphug:

This is a nice group!

Merrick
07-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Hello to everyone, this is a nice big group,
I realy look forward to continuing to be a part of this group.

Danielle, I loved your "progress is not Perfection" great motto.

brat 61886 I hope you are feeling better and good luck with LA weightloss, I was thinking about that program. How do you like it? What is like? What type of gym program were you talking about (Oprah). It sounds interesting.

Blondi728 happy birthday, when is your birthday?

Amanda: I have heard that some people are actually allergic to sugar and/or dairy and wheat(flour) and never know it until they do a low/no carb, and then eat it. It almost sounds like what you experienced.

Aqua chick: thank you for the welcome

Proxiekat: I also love the scale, I am not a fan of what it says, but I step on it alot... sometimes too much. I know what you mean...

U2Girl, very good job on including everyones name, great job. I hope your power is back on!!! If not, maybe you could walk around an airconditioned mall, if there is one near by with power... oh yea, you said you were going to your mother's with power... good luck.

Well, as for myself, well my weekend went well for the most part. Yesterday was not that great. Today was good, I am actually planning on waking up early to walk for 2 miles and hopefully getting in some yoga before I pick up my 2 nephews and drop off my son at camp.
I always feel so much better when I do not each too much. I want to focus on eating less, eating better, and moving more.

Ps: does anyone know how to update the progress tickers???
Have a great night and a great day tomorrow, I look forward to checking in again tomorrow.
Good Night
Lynne

TiffanyinMass
07-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone. I hope you are all doing wonderful! Today is a new day! I am going to the y and will my my butt off! Yesterday I was a little down I ate well and conroled but I did not move my butt other than to go to the bathroom and do laundry. I was depressed I think because I was sleeping alot durning the day. I had went to the back doctor because I have two disc that are bulging and giving me pain. He weighed me and all that happy stuff. That scale claims I weight 296! Ok that is fine! But, I was weighing myself here at home and it had me at 289! Not sure what to buy. I know the doctor scale is most likely more accurate. Then I went into work to see if our shipments came in and I was told no they are still not on the sea! What!! it has been 3 weeks. Ok this is normal every few months my company gets so slow there is not much work for us. I was due to go back today. I guess I was looking forward to getting back to work! So today I will be better and in a better mood. Take care everyone!!
Tiffany

AquaChick
07-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Good morning ladies!

I am ready to start a fresh day! So far things are going okay, I think I am still at my 1 1/2 Lb. loss, which is fine- I'll take it. :) Hopefully next week I'll notice some more change, but I am learning patience with this weight loss gig.

Take care, have a great day to all!

Amany
07-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Hello everyone.

I went to my water aerobics class last night and it was just fantastic! In a weird way, I'm glad I had the ice cream slip up on Sunday. For the first time ever I gave some really serious thought to why I sometimes eat that way. And why I do it secretly. My husband thought I had two ice cream bars. He had no idea I actually bought an entire box of them, ate them all and then went out of my way to conceal it. Even though he's never been the type to critique what I'm eating. He loves me for who I am.
I remember people in my family constantly bothering me about what I was eating when I was growing up. So much so, that I began to sneak into my bedroom with food and eat it in private. And that gave me a certain sense of relief. I've carried that with me for a very long time. Just the feeling of complete relief to just be able to eat something you like. It's just a good feeling that I will at times go overboard. The weird thing is that, when I look at my childhood pictures, I wasn't fat at all. I thought back then that I was but I was not. I filled out very early. At 7 or 8 years old I was thick in the hips and thigh areas, but I wasn't fat. That was just an indication that that was the sort of figure I would have. Feeling as if I had to hide and then myself into oblivion actually did make me fat eventually. Talk about a breakthough 48 hours!
But now I have this wonderful husband who just loves me fat or not so fat. And that gives me the confidence to be myself. So there's nothing should feel the need to hide or be ashamed of.
Anyway, I just thought I'd share that. Maybe it will help someone else.

Hi Stephanie. I heard that the WATP dvds are fun. I love Leslie Sansone's walk at home DVDs.

Happy birthday Merrick. I understand how you feel. I want to have this whole thing under control by the time I'm 35. I'm 33 now. I would like to have two children one day and I want to be healthy for pregnancy. I think you have a point about my possibly being allergic to the sugar, dairy and processed flour. I know I always feel awful, sluggish and tired after eating those things. I even have trouble sleeping. But when I'm low-carbing I sleep better, have more energy and fewer problems with my skin. And I never need antacids.
Sugar N Spice, I'm in the same boat as you.
Tiff, yes weekends are hard. More time on your hands, less structure, more boredom and more access to food.
Blondie - It's nice when the person you love is supportive isn't it? Congrats to you.
Brat - Congratulations on your resolve. It's YOUR health. Good for you for not allowing others to make you lose sight of that anymore. Do this for you!
U2Girl - Thank you for making me feel so welcomed. I hope your power is back on soon. Isn't it something? Whenever you make a decision about your health and make strides, something always seems to pop up to push you back a little.
Tiffany - I hope your day improves soon. If I were you I'd go by the scale at your house. Only because that's the scale you'll be using most of the time to monitor your weightloss.
Hi there Aqua - congrats on the weightloss.

brat_61886
07-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Hey Ladies,

Ive had a rough couple of days. i found out i'm allergic to the type of turkey sandwich meat ive been buying. its been causing me to have headaches/migranes. plus i'm taking college algebra and i suck at math as it is but with me not feeling good its been kicking my butt. oh well atleast now i know and can go on from here. didnt go to the gym today due to my bad headache from the turkey and studying for my math test which i have to ace. oh yeah i almost fainted at the gym the other day. come to find out i its becase i havent been getting enough minerals so ladies please take that multivitamin. anyways hope you guys have a great day.

Merrick, i really like LA weightloss. i mean basically its getting you to eat healthy. you get a lot of food. i mean there are days that i have to make myself eat all of it. there are different programs but mine is the red with lites. which is 2 1/2 protiens a day (8oz of chicken is a protien), 4 fruits, veggies and starches, 2 dairys and 1 fat. and then they have bars that you can buy as snacks and those are the lites. a lot of people buy luna bars as a substitute but i dont really like them. and the workout program is from Bob Greene's book total body makeover. if your not used to working out it can be intense. some of the exercises u need gym equipment so if havent joined the gym you might wanna.

AquaChick
07-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi everyone! :)

Merrick, you're welcome for the welcome! So good to see a lot of people coming together to share our victories and struggles.

TiffanyinMass, so sorry to hear about your back sweetie! :( I hope the medication helps a lot.

Amany, water aerobics sounds like a blast! I think you are really special for coming forward and stating your struggle. I have done the same things, especially hiding from my husband. I hide because he always busts me out over what I am eating. I guess he is trying to "help" but he is very small and never battled food the way I do. He thinks it is easy to lose weight and that I am just ... can't think of another word, so I will just say it... *pig*. :( I am not a pig, but I certainly have a problem controlling food intake, and it made me feel better to see you say what you did. Sounds a lot like me. Anyway, thank you for the congrats on my weight loss, and I wish you the best on your weight loss journey. :hug:

brat_61886, sorry to hear about the turkey incident. What a drag. I also suck at math so I am feeling your pain on that one.

Sugar-N-Spice
07-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Good Afternoon ladies! I hope everyone is having a great day so far! How are you doing on your goal for the week? I haven't exercised yet, but plan on getting my first workout in this afternoon after housework. Food is going well tho, and so is water!! :carrot:

Merrick- I hope you were able to get in that walk & yoga! Sounds like you are doing really well with exercise and really listening to your body as far as making sure you don't eat too much. Feels good to be in control, huh?! My "motto" is something I have to continually remember because I am an all or nothing girl and that is what's gotten me so heavy...so everyday I sort of have to chant it to myself! :D

Tiffany, I hope you're back is feeling alright. How do you work when you're hurting like that? Ouchie! I would use the scale at home to measure your progress. Just remember, it's only a hunk of metal! Please do not let it measure your successes or failures in the grand scheme of things, ok? :hug:

Aqua- good attitude today!!! Patience is a huge factor in weight loss, alot of people (usually the ones that don't have any to lose! lol) don't seem to grasp this! I always have said that losing weight is 99% mental and the other 1% is the actual losing weight part. The mind is a tricky thing! 1.5 pounds is fabulous, be very proud of what you're doing for yourself!! :)

Amanda- Your post sounds like something I could've written. I grew up in a home where I was constantly poked & prodded by my mother, telling me I was getting fat, needed to exercise, stop eating that (but yet would bring home gallons of ice cream), and she was on a constant diet....I can remember this treatment from the age of 5 til I moved out, actually! My mother was probably about a size 6 my entire childhood, up until I hit 17 and then she completely ballooned. I've looked back at pictures of myself and I was by no means fat at all. I was maybe 1 size bigger than my friends, but barely noticable. I learned to hide food, eat it in private and play a good game of "I didn't eat it", with the rest of the family. I too have a lovely husband who met me at 220lbs and has seen me at 140lbs..but loves me any which way. He does share concern for me though with health issues and also because I was diagnosed 2 years ago with binge-eating disorder w/ OCD tendancies. That was surreal to hear, I always just thought I was this freak who couldn't say no to food! Anyways, it's been a life long battle for me and food. I have had to learn alot about myself the last couple years in order to cope. As dr. phil says: Time to get real. LOL I think I'm finally feeling stronger and love myself alot more to finally do what's right for me and my body. BEst of luck to you, you have a good head on your shoulders and are being smart about what will work for you. With all that you can't go wrong! :)

brat_61886- I do hope you are feeling better. Best of luck on your math test, I think you'll do great! Glad that you found out what was making you headachy now you can fix it and move on. Stay strong and chin up, you can do this!

Ugh, I cannot begin to even tell you guys what nasty obnoxious neighbors I have living upstairs!! Apartment life is not for me by any means, but you do what you gotta do, right? These guys(there's 2) moved in about 5 weeks ago and it's been nothing but problems. This complex was sold to private owners, and we'd already been living here 2 years, ours sold to someone who had no intention of living in it, but just to rent it out and let it appreciate. We got lucky, didn't have to move. The people who had been living above us were wonderful, never heard them. We didn't even hear them moving out! lol These new people tho, who do own their unit, are just nightmares! Luckily, HOA is pretty speedy quick about things and yesterday they were fined $1,000 for all the issues so far. These guys party til 5am every weekend, turn around and try and apologize for noise and then do it again. Then they're wondering why we want nothing to do with them, won't talk to them or accept apologies from them!! I'm not that old (yet), but gosh, even when I was in my 20's I would never have acted as these idiots do! Oh, and don't even get me started on the girls that stay here for days on end! It's mainly just these 2 particular ones but man.....one day I am gonna get the urge to blurt out, Does your mother know what you're doing? :nono: :devil: :lol:
So needless to say, my nerves are shot and my stress level is beyond normal. When I get like this I feel like eating. Luckily I have remained strong though, but I can't lie and say I haven't thought about it!!! Especially with birthday cake still lingering in here. Gotta keep reminding myself that it's all a head thing, I don't really want to eat bad things, it won't get me to where I want to be! Right? Right! :)

Well now I am completely rambling so I'll shut up now and get productive! :p
Ladies be strong and keep shining!!!

♥danielle

u2girl
07-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Just dropping in real quick to say Hello. No change with the power situation, so just hanging tight at my mother's home. They hope to have it up by Thursday. We will see.

Merrick, thanx so much for the kind words and suggestions for getting some activity in. We did mall walking the other day and pushing the girls around in the double stroller was definitely a bit of a workout. Thanx for the well wishes.

Amanda, you sound like you have a good grasp on the mindset needed to lose the weight and I think that is great! Hold on to that! We have quite a journey ahead of us and it is great to hear revelations or ideas that others have. One of the beautiful things about checkins. Thanx for sharin'. I am very glad that you decided to join the Winning Losers. :)

Anna and Stacy :wave: I know that the group got real big, real fast. How did that weigh in go today Stacy? Hopefully, the right way. :) Anna, I hope that all is okay. I know that you work graveyard shift, so it can be hard to post, but please be sure to check-in and let us know how things are going and how it went with your Brit friend. :)

Talk to you later.

Elycia

Sugar-N-Spice
07-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Hi Elycia! Its good to see you here today! I'm bummed to hear no electricity yet, but thank goodness for dear ole mom! :) Merrick had a brilliant idea about the mall walking and I was thrilled to hear you had done that! Go you!!! Chin up girl, electricity will be up soon hopefully and you'll be on your way!

I'm curious as to what different eating plans everyone is doing?

Hope everyone is hanging in there and staying positive. We can do this!!

~danielle

AquaChick
07-25-2006, 08:11 PM
u2girl, I hope you get power soon. That stinks!!! :mad:

Sugar-N-Spice, :hug:

thistoo
07-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Danielle, I know what a drag apartment living can be. My first year of college we had neighbors who would steal our Sunday paper every week if we didn't get out of bed at 6:00 to catch the delivery guy. They didn't party until 5:00 am, though (but they got close)! I'm glad your HOA is quick to deal with those issues, and hopefully the $1000 fine will make the difference that human decency obviously hasn't.

Elycia, what a drag about the power situation in St. Louis. I hope they get your power turned back on soon, I know how hard it is to stay on plan when your routine is interrupted. I'm glad you and those beautiful babies of yours are safe and well, though.

I haven't checked in for a couple days, but I've been keeping up with all your posts. I guess my problem is that I'm frustrated because I'm working out and eating right and my weight just won't budge. I didn't expect to hit a plateau so soon (I've been on plan for less than two months) and it feels as though my body's fighting me every step of the way. I have constant leg pain from fibromyalgia, but I work through it and work out anyway, so I feel like my body should be rewarding me more : ) Silly, I know.

I'm sticking with it because I don't have a choice; I'm either going to be healthy or I'm not, and the weight loss is secondary. Still, though, I would really love it if the scale would just *do* something.

Merrick
07-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Hi to everyone,
I hope everyone's day was good, positive and all that you wanted from it.

Amanda & Danielle, I can appreciate both your stories about food and parents. I also experience similar issues. However, I am trying to take control of my eating now for me and not for them... however, sadly tonight I was with my mother at my brother's and then we had words... and I ran for left over cake... I was sad with myself. I don't want to do that anymore. I did great all day till I spent some time with mom.... :(

Tiffany I am so sorry to hear about your back, hang in there... and of course slow work doen't help. Keep your chin up... I know it is easier said than done. But know we are all here for you.

Elycia: sorry to hear about the power, :( Any ideas on how much longer?

Caroline: I am right there with you on the health as priority... not that I don't want to be thin and look better. But I am worried about health issues.

Aqua chick: How are you? You are so caring about everyone, how are You doing? :)

Brat: thanks for the info on LA Weightloss, sounds like a good program. I know that last time I looked into an LA center, the closet one was about 40 minutes away... I would not be able to commit to that. Sorry to hear about the turkey... nothing worse than find something you thought was healthy and good... not be ok for you :mad:

Danielle: great idea about eating plans... I am currently just trying to eat less. I am thinking about getting back onto the WW points. My problem is I cannot always make thet meetings. Being a single mom, I can't get to the weekly meetings, but it does not mean I cannot follow the program from home and check in here to be accountable :)

Well, my morning started with a sunrise walk on the beach, it was wonderful I walked for 40 minutes and then came home and did 30 minutes of yoga... it felt great. Like I stated earlier, my eating was great till the end... I forgive myself and will begin again, right this moment... Well, I am off to bed, I really want to get up at 5 again tomorrow.
Sweet dreams to all... keep getting healthy :carrot:
Lynne

Sugar-N-Spice
07-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Caroline- Yeah this apt. stuff is for the birds but cost of living is alot more than we anticipated when we moved here several years ago, and we moved from CA to get away from this kind of thing! lol I don't much really care where we live, roof over my heard works, but I seriously do not want to hear their conversations about who is *doing* who and how, etc, etc....!!!! :o These are the typical type of conversations that go on on the balcony which is just kitty corner to my bedroom window. Not fun while I'm trying to sleep!!! Funny that you mentioned a newspaper theif, we had one in our neighborhood in Cali and it was this old man from across the street! I caught him one Sunday morning at my front door with my paper in his hands! The look on his face was priceless!

Keep the faith sweetie, remember ALL the good things you are doing for your body! The scale WILL reward you, regardless if it may be later rather than sooner. Tough to take, I certainly understand but you are doing such a wonderful job with everything! Also, do you measure? Sometimes when that blasted hunk of metal refuses to give up a number, the tape measure can be your best friend! I bet you anything that you ARE losing just not in the way you think. My philosophy is that I would rather be in a size 8 and *look* smaller and weigh more, than *weigh less* but look heavier. Does that make sense? It's taken me a very long time to get to this place, it definitely didn't come over night, but I've finally accepted that I (like you) need to get healthy and the weight loss will be a bonus. As long as you keep moving, eating right, the weight WILL come off my friend! :hug:

Keep posting, that is the best thing you can do! I know you're frustrated but it will pass and before ya know it, the weight will be flying off! ;)
BTW, what sort of plan are you using to lose weight? Maybe someone who does something similar can help you troubleshoot? Just an idea.
PM or email me whenever you want to talk, I'm always online. Hang in there hon, you CAN do this!!

♥danielle

Merrick
07-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Does anyone know how to change the ticker/3fc progress lines???
thanks good night

Sugar-N-Spice
07-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi Lynne- We were posting at the same time. I always seem to do that these days. :) I am so glad to hear you had such a great day. Even with the little oopsie with the cake at the end you had a wonderful day I think. Why is emotional eating such a huge huge thing for so many of us??? I think without this so many of us would be thin and health already! Your attitude is wonderful, you've "forgiven yourself" and moved on. That is really a wonderful way to think of this, and this sort of thinking will get you to your goal. My big whiny question is, when I wanna get emotional and eat, why can't it be carrots or a hunk of cheese, why does it have to be cake or something else carby? Just my luck!! :dizzy:

Growing up being told I was getting/was fat was extremely hard on me. It's not like little girls have enough issues to deal with, having your own parent tell you this is excruciating! I have forgiven her (in my mind-she denies EVER treating me this way) and moved on-therapy was good for something! ;) and it wasn't until I was able to truly let go of the past did I find any sort of peace with myself and my body. I had always been with the mindset that once I got to that "perfect number" and lost all this weight everything would be rosy in my life and that I would be "worthy" of it. Does that make sense? Needless to say, I finally saw that I was *waiting* all these years to live my life for when I got skinny instead of enjoying who I was right now. Makes for very exciting days, i tell ya! :lol:

GREAT JOB on the exercise!!! It's nice to see you so excited about getting up and doing it again in the morning. Maybe this will rub off on me and I will actually like doing it too. :D

Have sweet dreams and will talk atcha again tomorrow!

♥danielle

Sugar-N-Spice
07-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Not sure about the ticker thing.....I *think* you may have to go back in each time and re-do it??? Again, I don't really know...just a suggestion. Hope someone chimes in with help for you!

♥danielle

Merrick
07-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Danielle,
It worked thank you, acutally clicking in and most of the work is done... on the ticker thingy... :)

As for the whole parent thing, I know what you mean... my father would not let me leave the table until I finished everything... my mother kept asking why are you eating that???? The lessons I take from my past... I will not do that to my child... I will not carry on the cycle... I am still an emotional eater.. and I feel I always will be, but someday with more control... I'll take that. Thank you again, for the advice on the ticker thing... and thanks for sharing and reading... I look forward to checking in again tomorrow,,, I must go to bed... I cannot keep my eyes open any longer... sweet dreams...

StephanieAZ82
07-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi ladies. I was bad this weekend, so I avoided this thread. :o But I am back and on track. I still managed to lose 2 lbs. somehow! I will catch up in a bit. I hope y'all are having a GREAT day. :D

thistoo
07-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Lynne: you have to redo your ticker every time you want to update it. Just click on it and it will take you right to the page. Kind of a pain, I know.

Danielle: True story -- our newspaper thief lived in Arizona! Small world : ) Still, that wasn't nearly as bad as the conversations you're overhearing. That's a little too much information, but I imagine those guys don't really care. I'm sorry you have to put up with that. I would have loved to see the old guy's face when you caught him red-handed with your paper, though!

I do use the tape measure, and up until recently it has been my friend. But yesterday it said I had gained back some of the inches I'd lost (I keep telling myself it was lying because I measured at night after my birthday dinner), but even the inches have slowed down so now I'm just sort of stuck. I'm trying to keep a good attitude, though, because I *do* feel better. And I changed up my workout today so maybe that will help.

Thank you for all the support. I really appreciate it. This group is fabulous.

Woodspritechick
07-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Hello fellow chicks

I had a bad eating day today. I just get in this mindset of "well I ate crap already, why stop now", does that make sense? I did not go to the gym last night because I went out with my mom and tonight after work I had a doctors appointment. But I just have to get back on the horse I suppose. I hope everyone is doing well and had a better day than I did.

I am actually going in to see my new dr on friday after work to see about gastric bypass surgery. Does anyone know how much that surgery costs? I am hoping that my insurance will help me out.

Hugs to all:hug:

Amany
07-25-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm glad my post was able to help you guys. It also helped me to post it. Confession is good for the soul.

Aqua, you're just the sweetest person ever. You're definitely not a pig. Far from it. You're a beautiful human being.

Lynne - I am also a member of the "clean plate club". Even if I was stuffed, I wasn't allowed to leave food on my plate. That's another habit that I'm learning to break. Sometimes I'm more successful than other times. You're right though. Letting go is important. Forgiveness benefits the injured party much more than the injurer.

Woodsprite I understand that mindset all too well. Should you decide that surgery is the best option for you, I wish you much success. Please keep us posted.

Stephanie, please don't ever stay away. I'm sure each of us can understand having a bad day. Or binging and feeling shame about it. Don't wallow in it. Let us be a support system for you whether you've had a totally clean or not.

Caroline, I would use a tape measure but I'm just too friggin lazy! :-)

I'm off to bed. Have a great evening you all.

Merrick
07-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Well, I took my sunrise walk again this morning... I love it. Then I did weights. My day is beginning very well.

Stephanie keep coming back, hang in there... bravo :bravo: :cp: on the 2lb weightloss...

Woodsprite: I have the same mentality... all or nothing. Usually I'll eat something or have a little extra... then it is all down hill from there... I feel your pain. Today is a new day... take this day by the horns... :hug:

Caroline: thank you, it did work it is not as bad as I thought, you are right, once you click on the ticker it takes you right to it...

Amanda: everytime I read your post I feel like you have reach inside of me and put down my words... It is so wonderful to "not" feel like the only one. Thank you
Well I really should get back to work. Have a great day to you all I will check with everyone later.

phoxiekat
07-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Hi girls! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but some people actually expect me to work while I'm at work...oh, the horror!

My official weigh in was yesterday...down another 1.5lb, bringing my total loss to 20lb! YEAH ME! :carrot:

Elycia--I really hope that your electricity is back up tomorrow as promised!

Merrick--I'm really jealous of the beach walk...don't have many of those in South Dakota!!!

Amany--I am also too lazy to get out the tape measure...maybe that explains something about my exercise problem (or lack thereof):dizzy: ...

thistoo & Danielle (and all others wondering about your ticker)--go to 'User CP' at the top, then click on Edit signature; once you're there, go down to the code that is your ticker, you'll see the start weight, end weight, and current weight. All you need to do is change the number for current weight and save it...VOILA! A new ticker:D ! Hope this helps...

Hi to everybody else! Gotta get crackin!

~Stacy

AquaChick
07-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Good morning ladies.

I'm stinging a bit this morning. I did so awesome yesterday. I made it all the way to bed without messing up. So, what do I do? I get up in the middle of the night to get a bowl of spaghetti with shredded cheese and a chunk of garlic bread. And you know what? My husband came downsatairs and busted me. The ding of the microwave tipped him off.I was mad at myself, but then naturally I get irritated at him for being irritated at me. I felt so embarrassed and out of control. :(

Oh, well. Here's to another day. Hopefully control will be a part of it. :coffee:

I'm sticking with it because I don't have a choice; I'm either going to be healthy or I'm not, and the weight loss is secondary. Still, though, I would really love it if the scale would just *do* something.
thistoo, I am sooo hearing you on this. I do want to lose weight, but it is 80% because of my health. I recently had a very minor procedure done on my heart to regulate the beats, but I am still puffing and out of breath, high blood pressure. I think a major weight change will help me a lot. My cardiologist and family doctor keep saying it might be helpful to lose some weight.
Aqua chick: How are you? You are so caring about everyone, how are You doing? Aw. Thanks Merrick. :hug: I'm okay. I am really struggling with control though, but I think a lot of us are. I am just grateful to have people to turn to that understand what I am going through, and I am not stroking ego's when I say that. :smoking: This group is a safe haven for me.
I had a bad eating day today. I just get in this mindset of "well I ate crap already, why stop now", does that make sense? Woodspritechick, I have done that same thing. It feels like all is lost and it depresses you, so you just throw in the towel. I've done it a lot of times too. :(
Keep posting, that is the best thing you can do! I know you're frustrated but it will pass and before ya know it, the weight will be flying off!
Sugar-N-Spice,This is what I have to keep doing too! I messed up last night, but... I made it through all day because of coming here and reading the posts.
StephanieAZ82, We have been there. God knows I'm right along side you in that department. I am a firm believer that it is a process that takes time and it is slow. We will fall, but we fall less and less as time goes on. The key is to keep wiping the blood off your wounds and push on. It hurts to tumble, but you gotta keep going.
Aqua, you're just the sweetest person ever. You're definitely not a pig. Far from it. You're a beautiful human being.Thank you Amany. :hug:
Hi girls! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but some people actually expect me to work while I'm at work...oh, the horror!phoxiekat, the nerve of some people.... :mad:
:D

thistoo
07-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Stacy: thanks for the tip on ticker updating. I can't believe I didn't think of just changing the numbers in the signature. Sometimes I think this diet business is sucking my attention span (what there was of it to begin with) right out of me.

Laramie: I had the same kind of night last night. I've been sticking to plan and exercising, but the scale is not moving and neither are my measurements, so I said 'screw it' last night and ate pizza. I was still within my calories for the day, but nutritionally speaking I could have done a *lot* better. So today is a fresh start of sorts, and I'm hoping to stop focusing on the scale so much by keeping myself off it for awhile.

AquaChick: What is it with night time and pasta? I have done that more times than I can count in the past, though I don't have a husband to catch me. I always feel so bloated after I eat pasta, too. But last night I gave in and had pizza and this morning I feel sluggish and awful, so hopefully that will be enough incentive to say no to the pizza next time. Which is why I'm trying to make it all about getting healthy rather than getting thin. Hopefully we can both keep that in mind and make better choices for our bodies in the future.

AquaChick
07-26-2006, 10:28 AM
AquaChick: What is it with night time and pasta? I have done that more times than I can count in the past, though I don't have a husband to catch me. I always feel so bloated after I eat pasta, too. But last night I gave in and had pizza and this morning I feel sluggish and awful, so hopefully that will be enough incentive to say no to the pizza next time. Which is why I'm trying to make it all about getting healthy rather than getting thin. Hopefully we can both keep that in mind and make better choices for our bodies in the future.

I have no idea. I guess it's the Pied Piper of foods.

I bet I had a crazy look on my face when I saw my husband. Something to the tune of :

:fr:

flawlesscube
07-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Oh my pasta, yep did that last night for dinner but then i actually kept it to one plate and ended up eating more sweet corn than i normally do. Poor BF was appalled that there were more mushrooms then meat. Well first week down 4 pounds, not sure if there is a specific day to do that on this thread. Currently only working on one thing a week to improve and this last week was my water intake as I really suck at it sometimes. In retrospect it shouldn't be that hard with the heat we have been having. This week definitely working on portion size and cutting out the chocolate.
Well Have a great day all and i hope to post more this week and get to know more of you.
Anna

thistoo
07-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Congratulations on your four pounds, Anna!

Merrick
07-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone I hope everyone had a good day.
It was hot here on the east coast. I am going to bed early tonight... a little tired, and can't stop thinking about food. I had a great day, emotionally, physically, eating, and exercise. I ate well all day, as I stated before, I took my walk and did weights. :flow2:

Stacy: I hear you on the work thing... although I am having a terrible time staying motivated to work... I work alot at home. We can only do what we can. :)

Aqua: I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with control... that has been a big one for me too. I have been trying to have lo cal snacks ready and meals planned. good luck, hang in there. As for your hubby... it is hard for anyone to understand what we go thru... my ex hubby would say that I blew his mind... I wanted to lose weight, but I would over eat... he did not understand. I also hope you are healing well with your heart. It sounds like you have alot going on... hang in there. Stay strong.

Caroline... It is so hard not to focus on the scale, try to focus on how you feel. Maybe put the scale in your car for a few days. I love it when the batteries die in mine... no stepping on it more than once everyday.... hang in there.

Anna: 4 lbs...... :carrot: :bravo: :cb: :high: :queen: :encore: :cheer: That is so great. Great idea on focusing on one thing at a time... Keep up the great work.

Woodsprite: I have thought about the surgery myself, but I never did anything about it. I do know anything about it. I bet there is some type of support forum on this site that might be able to answer some questions. Good luck... with your decision. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Well, I am off to bed, so I can get up for my morning walk. talk to you all tomorrow.

AquaChick
07-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks Merrick. :)

I'm still in the game today, no control issues, so this has been good!
As far as my heart goes, I hope it is healing well too. I think it is fine, but I will know 100% in August. I just had my procedure in May, so even though it was minor it is still fresh. I am never sure if certain things are due to weight or due to the procedure. I'm sure it is fine, and when the weight goes t will be even better. :)

Amany
07-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Hello everyone. Just a quick check in before I go to bed.

I had a fairly good day. I couldn't bring myself to go to work water aerobics. The chlorine is doing horrible, painful things to my skin. But I did to the Leslie Sansone 3 Mile. WITH the hand weights. :D

I understand late night binging all too well. I my case it's like an overwhelming, frantic thing. There have been times when I wasn't anywhere near hungry but felt an almost compulsive need to eat. Good gracious. It's almost like we're dealing with drugs instead of food. :(

I've actually turned I the sound off the microwave, so my husband couldn't hear the "ding". We live in an apartment, so he would easily be able to hear it in the bedroom. Then I'd hope that he wouldn't wake up and smell the food. It's crazy the way our minds work, isn't it? That secret eating is so ingrained in me that it's hard deprogram.

All I can say is we should keep plugging away at trying to loss weight and helping each other. I really believe this soul bearing of ours is a good thing. It's a healing thing, I think. Meanwhile, I've been considering Overeater's Anonymous lately. There are lots of online meetings. I'll have to duck in one day.

Sorry I didn't address everyone individually, but it's bedtime. And I'm sleepy.

Goodnight everyone!

flawlesscube
07-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Thistoo,
2 cents worth, I used to be called thew pizza queen at work, working night shift and ordering out alot, Then the pizza started getting to me so i changed to healthier foods like bringing yogurt and stuff regularily, hmm still bloated, turned out i was lactose intolerant, no big surprise there as 3 members in my family are also the same way. Hopefully this is not the case though something worth thinking about with dairy products. BTW i was really thick in the head when the realization occured as it took me ohhh about 6 months to figure it out, Doc even tried me on prilosec for awhile thinking it was an acid thing, heehee, I am getting used to more soy now, though I stilll crave real cheese on occasion. okay I am rambling again. Oh for a grilled cheese sandwich.

AquaChick, I am sorry your not feeling good at times, my thoughts to you

Merrick thanks for the kudos, I love the smilies
Okay Ladies, i am off to work, sweet dreams all
Anna

thistoo
07-26-2006, 11:32 PM
I've actually turned I the sound off the microwave, so my husband couldn't hear the "ding". We live in an apartment, so he would easily be able to hear it in the bedroom. Then I'd hope that he wouldn't wake up and smell the food. It's crazy the way our minds work, isn't it? That secret eating is so ingrained in me that it's hard deprogram.

It *is* crazy. And kind of sad, that there are so many of us who are forced to eat in secret. This has always been a huge problem for me as well, as I come from a family of secret binge eaters and it makes everyone uncomfortable to talk about food and weight issues. But I've found that what works best for me so far in controlling the binge urge is to do exactly the opposite of what I used to do -- now I talk about my food intake all the time.

My family is probably sick of it, honestly, but if I announce how many calories I've had and how many calories I'm eating and calculate how many more I have right there for everyone to hear, it not only keeps me accountable, but makes me feel like everyone else knows I'm being accountable.

Most likely I'm just being annoying, but it's working and I haven't been sneaking into the kitchen late at night, so I'm going to keep doing it until someone tells me to shut up ; ) Speaking of which, I should get to bed before my stomach decides it's time to eat. Today was a good day and I don't want to ruin that by staying up too late.

AquaChick
07-27-2006, 09:37 AM
:coffee2: Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was a complete success! I went to a craft store for a while and kept busy, and it really worked. I kept having an urge to get up out of bed- but I stayed in bed. YAY! :carrot:

Sugar-N-Spice
07-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Happy Thursday Ladies! I am so far behind in posts its not even funny. Didn't get here yesterday like I'd planned and you guys were busy busy busy posting! It's great to see! Now I just gotta read up on what you've all been up to.

I haven't been feeling so hot the last day or so. TOM is here and kicking my tush. I HATE this! I don't ever get food cravings, its just I feel sick-dizzy and no energy & lovely back pain. Ugh, it sux to be a girl sometimes! ;)

Also, been feeling pretty down in regards to our living situation. I have never disliked anyone as much as I do the two morons who live above us. It's not a great feeling to have and quite honestly it is exhausting. I have an anxiety disorder that I had been on meds for but decided to go off them about 3 months ago just cause I HATE taking pills. I had been managing pretty good on my own until all this garbage started. I have attacks several times a day and my dh is begging me to go back on medication. Not such an easy decision for me tho', I hate the way they made me feel, almost numb like? Also, I had flushing so badly that the tiniest bit of exertion and I felt like I was drenched. Awful!!!! Also, why should I have to go thru all that while they carry on up there with not a care in the world??? No, we'll either sue them or our landlord to get out of our lease, but I am not drugging myself up to keep everyone else happy. Why should I? I was doing just fine until they came along! Argh! You guys are probably so tired of hearing me carry on about this. My dh thinks I am so over the top with the drama about it all, but he doesnt have to deal with it all day long like I do. So aggravating!!! Times like this make me want to eat everything carby and sweet. Emotional eating stinks!

Oh well, so now I'll shut up and go do some reading and check on what you guys have been doing! Just wanted to pop in and say I'm alive and still with the program on my end.

Be good to you~

♥danielle

Merrick
07-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone,
Danielle, I am so sorry to hear about your neighbors... I know that all too well. I had people renting the house across the street, the landlord lived out of state. They were terrible, in the summer they would swear, scream, alot of domestic violence... the girlfriend would leave with her kids, a week later she would come back. They did not fit in this neighborhood, it is very quiet, beachy, there are only 4 houses on my street. It was so crazy. hang in there... if at any time it gets out of control call the police... having multiple police calls will help in court. Good luck

Amanda: I was also a food sneaker, but like Caroline stated, I worked really hard not to. I remember when I first started, I would eat what ever I wanted in front of my family... I thought for sure I was going to be judged... or killed. But nothing happened. It got easier after a while. I would even tell someone what I ate, just be accountable. It is not easy, but it is better. Food, is like our drug... of choice. It is mine. I know a women who had tremendous success at OA... I tried it one time but I cried for so long after... they were all talking about it being everyone elses fault... too hard for me. That is ok, I have acutally thought of going to a different meeting...

Aqua: great job, that is so awesome, keep up the good work.

Anna: Oh I hear you on the grill cheese, in the winter I love grilled cheese and tomato soup... There should be at least one good soy or veggie cheese that is ok????

Well, my day was ok. My exercise was good, I walked 2 miles and did yoga. but my eating... I have so hungry all day. I think it is because I forgot to have breakfast and then had a bar... go lean. they are ok, but I was tooooo hungry. I have to get better at breakfast and writing down my food. I am afraid that I have been eating more than I should... you know that thought... I exercised today... therefore, I can eat all that I want.... NOT... well i am going to go for now... Can't wait to hear about all the success. Enjoy your evening.

flawlesscube
07-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Hi All,
Merrick, yes i have tried alot of the soy cheeses that are offered in our little area, though I have never heard of veggie cheese, hmm now that could work :) yummmm tomoato soup, okay enough food , I did find a milk that is close called dairyease, and another called lactaid , soy milk on brown sugar shredded wheat was just aweful and it makes terrible pudding, y the time i added another package of pudding it was so sweet yes even the sf kind it took me forever to eat it and i ended up tossing most of it.

oooo the thunder is beginning to roll here again, what a great sound after weeks of no rain

Danielle, I am sorry about your neighbor problem , even living in the country I have a set of neighbors i would trade. a bunch of 40 year old adolescents that have a hard rock band 3 days a week, in the evening ummm i like music but there are limits. though in your case calling the police would be a good idea, especially living so close to them. good luck i hope tomorrow is better for you

Aquachick , what kind of crafts are you into? interested in hearing about new projects. if your anything like me i have about 10 going at once and i might even finish a couple this year :) hope your day is going well

well ladies I really have to get some sleep though reading the posts are alot more interesting. Take care
Anna

thistoo
07-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Danielle, we are not sick of hearing about your frustrations. That's what we're here for. If I were you I'd start calling the cops on their sorry behinds every time the noise is unbearable. There are laws about noise levels, after all.

Anna: Soy cheese is pretty gross, isn't it? It doesn't melt right and it tastes funny. I developed a taste for soy milk eventually, but I never could adjust to the cheese. If you have a natural grocery store nearby, check and see if they have any rice cheese. I know it sounds weird, but it's the closest non-dairy alternative I've found. I had big problems with lactose until I gave up meat, so I've shopped around some for dairy alternatives.

As for me, today's been a good day. I got on the scale this morning, and while it's not my official weigh-in day so I didn't change my ticker, the scale finally dipped below 230! I'm at 229.4 and hoping to stay there. I know it might fluctuate back up, but for now I'm going to cling to that lovely 229 : )

Sugar-N-Spice
07-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Hi Caroline! I'm so glad to hear you had another great day! Thanks for listening to my whining today. lol I am just not cut out for communal living I guess. Either that, or I'm just to dang old to live like this! :lol: There are days where they're rather quiet and then it seems right when it nears bed time, the heavy walking starts, the dog gets revved up and the pow-wowing on the balcony has to start. Like I said, I don't get it! :?: The owner has talked to my husband on numerous occassions apologizing profusely, claiming that he does not want to be "that neighbor", and then they turn around and do stuff over & over. He won't even attempt to talk to me, never has, even when I've been with my husband. My dh thinks he's afraid of me! :lol: Well, I would be afraid of me too at this point!
Remember to get that brekky in in the a.m.! It's funny how it never seems important until you really start watching what you're eating, huh? I always used to skip it but now I look forward to it. I think because I know if I eat it, I won't be starved by noon. GREAT JOB on the exercise lady!! Also, yes, you do need to be mindful of exercise vs. how much you're eating. If you're doing lots of workouts you DO need to make sure your calories will match so you don't get too hungry. You're doing fabulous!

Aqua- YAY for you! :cheer: WTG on having another fantastic day under your belt! I read about "getting caught" by your dh. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've been there!!! While he doesn't ever say anything about my weight, I can still see it in his eyes when he sees me eating what I shouldn't. They just don't get it do they? I'm so glad to hear you've moved on and are on your way to good health. :hug:

thistoo- I think what you're doing with sharing your food with the family is wonderful. Like I posted before I grew up with a very skinny mom, always on one diet or another, told I was fat. Learning to eat in private was a must for me! I have one sister who has somewhat of a weight problem but has a myriad of health problems, and 2 others who are skinny as can be. I think their main focus growing up is they didnt want to look like me. I am thankful that I don't live close enough to my mom to "share" my healthy eating with because after awhile she grows bored and then really starts to sabotage. You'd never believe it until you saw it!! I'm grateful that I do have a husband who desperately tries to understand, even tho' in the end he really just doesn't. Now I concentrate on just teaching my children about clean healthy eating and to move their bodies. And more importantly: That they are lovely just as they are right now at this moment! I swore I would never carry on the legacy that was given to me growing up and so far I think I've done a pretty damn good job. *excuse me while I break my arm patting my back*.....
I hope you've had another awesome day chica! :)

Amany- Are you sure we don't share the same brain? ;) Your views on bingeing, and mine are too much alike it's scary. I agree, food is our drug unfortunately. :( I get the same frantic feeling that I've gotta eat and there is no reason for me to be hungry. Listening to my body has been the biggest hurdle to overcome. Mental tapes in my head are negative ones, something I work on turning around! Any one who binges, understands the need to become secretive and very creative in order to get their eat on. One thing I absolutely love about low carbing-- I forget to eat and the obsessiveness disappears! I thought about O/A but have always been too chicken! More power to you lady if you do it. :)

Anna, how ya doing chicky? I hope you had a great day today. :D

Stacy, Laramie- Girls, how ya doing? Stacy, doesn't your boss know that you gotta spend time with us before you work? ;) Laramie, let us know if you find out info on GBS. I wish you nothing but the best lady!

Anyone I missed, I am truly sorry! Trying to write here and watch dinner at the same time! I can barely chew gum & walk, so girls, please forgive me if I left someone out! ;)

Have a great night ladies!!!!!

♥danielle

Amany
07-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Good evening you chickadees! :hug:

We're all much more cheerful today. I'm so glad!!

Flawless - I've noticed that I haven't had heartburn once since dropping the sugar, processed flour and most dairy. I do still eat a little bit of cheese with my low carbing.

Aqua - Congrats on your clean day girl! :carrot: It will get easier and easier.

Thirst - Who cares if other people find what you do annoying. It works! Besides, maybe it will motivate some others to get on the bandwagon.

Danielle - I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it. I would involve the landlord as much as possible. He (or she) is obligated to do something. I would also call the police as Thirst suggested. If you bug them enough, they will probably bug the landlord too. Because they'll get tired of having to come out there.

Merrick - It's funny you'd say that because lately I've resolved to no longer keep what I eat a secret. 1. I don't want to keep feeling shame about eating. 2. Like you, to remain accountable for my choices. I think I'll try an online OA meeting first. There's one scheduled at a good time for me on Saturdays and Sundays. I'll see how it goes. I may go to a local one in person one day. We'll see...

Today was a good day with the eating. My appetite is not what it once was. Now that I'm trying to understand the behavior behind my eating, I'm always asking myself if I'm really still hungry or if it is time to leave the rest of the food on the plate. I'm happy to report that last night I left some chicken breast strips on my plate and today I didn't finish my beanless chili.

I was really tempted to cheat today. It's been gloomy here all day long and I think it affected my mood. Plus I've got that TOM thing coming up. The funny thing is that wasn't even sure how I wanted to cheat. I just wanted to. But I prevailed. I simply pushed my feelings aside and did what I was supposed to. I'm happy for myself!

Even though I told myself I wouldn't do it until Aug 10, I weighed myself. Down 7! From 250 to 243. I'm pleased. :smug:

Woodspritechick
07-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Good evening fellow chiquitas;)

Well, it is almost Friday!! Thank you everyone for your words and support, it really means a lot to me just to know that I have my fellow chicks helping me.

I leave on Sunday for my mini vacation. I am going to see one of my best friends who I have not seen in over three years. She lives near the bay area in CA. I am just looking forward to seeing her and going to six flags. I have never been and I am such a roller coaster junkie!!

I just wanted to check in and say hello to my friends. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and a phantabulous Friday!

Hugs:hug:

AquaChick
07-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Sugar-N-Spice - Wow, those neighbors sound like a pain. Maybe they should have rented a house rather than an apartment.Aw, hon... :hug: Yeah, I was pretty embarassed to be called out like a bad little child. Part of me thinks, I am a grown woman, and I know when I'm messing up. I don't need him in my face- the other part of me realizes he is tired of my plumpness, worried about my health, and trying to be of assistance in the only way he knows how. I just keep striving and I have taken a little "oath" not to talk about my diet with him too much. He knows I'm on one, he knows my plan- ultimately it is up to me to actually do it and I am the type that doesn't like to answer to anybody. Especially if they are going to be all in my face on it and they have never had to deal with this the way I am.
Merrick- I understand about getting hungry... oh Lawd.... do I ever!!!! :hug: Like someone said before... the battle is such a mental battle. I have to tell myself all the time, no I'm doing it right- I need to not eat that. I have to remind myself of my goals and that currently I am obese and I have a heart condition, that it's not worth it, etc...etc...etc... I have a hard time deciding what is more maddening- being overweight or trying to lose it. Where's the "tearing my hair out" smilie? lol...
flawlesscube - I like to draw, actually. I'm not superior at it or anything, but I love art. I have been playing with colored pencils lately and getting into scenty things. I always have liked aromatherapy, but I never seem to buy a lot of aroma items. I spent some time looking at the different pencils, and I am considering learning to paint, but I'm still loving my colored pencils... I did a self portrait the other day that was pretty good, but anything with colored pencils has a tendancy to look cartoonish- unless you are serioulsy gifted and know your blending tecnique.
thistoo- Hey, good job! I know I love seeing that scale dip lower...and lower....
Amany- Yes, temptation is around every corner. Good for you keeping your game on though. We can beat this, I know we can- it is not easy though, but we are strong.
Woodspritechick- So good to see you sweetie! I hope you have an awesome and safe time! :hug:

Everyone else, Good Morning to you, I hope you have a wonderful day today! Talk to you soon! :)

Merrick
07-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Good Morning,

Rice cheese... I have heard better things about that than soy... good luck I hope you like it.

Caroline:
Great job:D on the weightloss... a weightloss is a weightloss any way we can get it.

Danielle: You deserve to keep patting yourself on your back... breaking any cycles is what this world is all about... change. Great job, what a great mom. :D

Amanda: 7 lbs.... :cool: :carrot: that is so awesome. Also, great job on overcoming the mental games of cheating. I agree with you on feeling shameful about eating. I have such trouble eating in public, I do not even like to go out to eat... I experience negative thoughts, that others are saying, she is so fat that she should not be eating. I do avoid going out to eat. Shame & guilt are terrible things to feel.

Laramie: please enjoy your vacation... nothing better the getting together with old friends. have fun, enjoy

Aqua: I would love to hear about your crafts. i love to do all different crafts. My son cringes almost to tears, when I need to go to the craft store... I could spend hours there.

Well, I weighed in today and was ONLY, yes I am not pleased... 3/4 lb. I thought for sure I would be down more. I will obviously take the loss, but I have started writing down all my food today... I want to be more successful. I knew deep inside that I was eating too much. So now I will be more accountable.
How many of you are low carbing?? What kinds of things do you eat? I am thinking about it. I am currently trying to eat less.... as you can see it did not work well for me. Well I need to get back to work,,, actually I am going to do my weights and clean my house and then get back to work.... I look forward to writing to you all later.

thistoo
07-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Lynne, I'm not low carbing but I am counting calories, and what worked for me with kick-starting my weight loss again was increasing my workout intensity. Of course it's different for everyone, but while most people at my weight eat 1600-2000 calories and still lose, my body refuses to lose weight at that rate of calorie intake. I guess I have a super-slow metabolism or something, because I don't lose until I drop down to 1200 calories. I'm not hungry ever (unless I stay up too late) because I'm eating low-calorie whole foods constantly, but it's still kind of a hassle that my body is so stubborn.

Of course, that might not work for you. It's different for everyone and I guess we all have to experiment until we find what works for us. I have no idea what I'm going to do when I get below 200 and hit a plateau at those calories -- I guess increase my workout intensity again -- but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Amany
07-28-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm low-carbing. I'm sort of doing Atkins. I suppose the major difference is that I'm not bothering to count my carbs. I try to be mindful of about how many calories I have and avoid having too much fat when I can. Like removing the skin from chicken and using oil spray in place of oil or butter. Plus I avoid cream cheese and if I'm going to have cheese, I go with the lower fat, lower calorie cheeses. Like part-skim mozzarella, swiss and monteray jack.

I've read the Atkins book, listened to the South Beach Diet cd and I read a good book on low-carbing by Fran McCullough called, Living Low Carb: The Complete Guide to Low Carb Dieting. I got great advice from all three sources.

In the morning I usually eat some scrambled eggs (sometimes whites) and some type of meat. For lunch I'll sometimes have thin slices of deli meat and cheese rolled in lettuce. Or a salad with some type of meat in it. For dinner I'll sometimes eat salad with meat, stuffed peppers, some type of meat and spinach, greens or broccoli. Sometimes I substitute cauliflower for mashed potatoes. A couple of times I made buffalo chicken. I used breasts because chicken wings have a lot of fat and calories. When I want a snack I've had a boiled egg, beef jerky, a small salad or a couple of pieces of deli meat. There are lots of options.

Some people doing low carb limit their diet soda and artificial sweeteners. I don't. Although, as I drink more water, I'm drinking those things less and less.

Sugar-N-Spice
07-28-2006, 12:04 PM
TGIF! Good Morning Gang!

Wishing everyone a fabulous weekend of sunshine and good health! I can't believe another week's gone by! Are you ladies ready to do some great things for yourself this weekend?? Maybe read a book, a nice long bubble bath (my fave BTW!), or maybe paint your nails?? Something just for you! It's important to remember to take care of ourselves besides just the "diet" aspect. I get too caught up in making sure everyone else is comfortable and taken care of before I ever think of myself, so lately I have been really trying to give myself some ME time and do what I like at certain times. It's not easy, but I'm learning to like it more & more! :)

Amanda- WTG beating that munchie monster and realizing what was going thru your head! Being in the moment is key to winning this battle and you are doing it. :carrot: I hope that you really enjoy the lc lifestyle as much as I do, it sure takes away that sweet craving I seem to have 24/7. Have a great day! :)

Laramie- Oooo I am so jealous you're headed to the Bay Area. We lived out that way (25 miles East of San Francisco) for about 10 years and absolutely loved it. DH and I are planning to live out our golden years out that way once we get the kids off to college,etc.:dizzy: Have a super great time visiting and making new memories with your g/friend!!! :cheers:

Aqua- Yeah, these guys upstairs are definitely giving me a run for my money. The biggest stinkaroo about the whole thing is that they OWN their unit and we're only renting ours from the guy who bought this one when they went for sale privately. So getting them out is going to be a little harder and time consuming than if this was a rental complex. Luckily HOA seems to be on top of things so hopefully these morons will keep at it and then it'll be a matter of time before they can evict them. You're like me, I don't like anyone telling me what to do or how to do it and it bugs me when I feel like I'm being judged for a decision I've made--like to eat something off plan. You seem to really know what you want and are going for it, GOOD FOR YOU!! Yes, the weight loss game is 99% mental and the way to win is to be living in the moment and aware of what's around you! I've always been able to lose weight, it's the KEEPING IT OFF that is so dang hard! Again: all in the head.
Have a super day chickadee! :flow2:

Lynne- 3/4 of a lb is marvelous but I know exactly how you're feeling. Exercising and watching food intake and "that's all"? Know that feeling well! :hug: But definitely be proud of it and then tweak it so maybe you'll start losing more. Writing down your foods will really give you an inside view of what's up and I think you'll easily fix whatever may be wrong. Again.....all mental! I am low carbing, mainly with an emphasis on Atkins. My body loves this lifestyle and I decided that I was sick & tired of fighting it anymore. What I love about low carb is it takes the hungry away completely for me, something that doing low calorie never could! Also, cravings for sugar diminishes almost completely, how cool is that?! :carrot: The biggest thing I can suggest to you for whatever you choose (if you do), is to READ THE BOOK for whatever plan you want to start! You will gain alot of insight as to the why's and how's of lc'ing. I don't follow Atkins strictly, mainly because I've done it twice before and feel that I know what works best for my body. Not everyone is the same so its up to you to tweak it to fit your own life. Don't let anyone try and tell you that you're not "doing it right" if you choose to vary a certain plan. I hate people who think they know everything (especially my body!) & say that I'm not doing it right. We're not all cut out of the same mold, so therefore, different plans!
I wish you much luck in whatever you decide to do lady, you can do this! :dance:

thistoo- Woman, how on earth are you surviving on so little calories??? And low cal, at that? I would be a starvin' marvin! :hug: Have you had your thyroid checked with hormone levels? That can cause inability to lose weight also! Seems to me that you should be able to consume more calories for the weight you are right now. Just be careful sweetie, don't want you getting sick by jipping (is that even a word? lol) yourself food, and not eating enough just so you can drop the weight. And definitely don't drop below 1200 calories period! But I'm sure you know that, huh? :D Hope today is another great day for you!!! :flow1:

Alrighty, well I am very behind here trying to get ready to leave for the day! :lol: But then again, what else is new, I work better under pressure. :) Going shopping for DD who turns 12 next Tuesday. This means another cake and a dinner out (I hate eating out!), but I will do my best to get thru it. :^: We've got a big storm front moving thru here so I pray I don't get caught in it. Nothing worse than rain on top of 112 degree heat! :yikes: Talk about sticky!!

Be good while I'm away and keep the board rolling! :gossip: Its wonderful to see it so busy.

Make it a great day ladies! :sunny:

♥danielle

AquaChick
07-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey girls!

I just wanted to mention something that has been helping me, so maybe it can help you as well. :)

You all know I was having a control issue, so I decided I had better figure out a way to hold myself to everything I put in my mouth.

I bought a big desk calander, but this would work with any dayplanner or pocket/purse calender. What I do is I have everything I am going to eat written in for that day. Right down to water and vitamins. I also have the minutes of workout on there. I have them pre written, so as I do them I mark them off. The next morning I take a red marker and write "SUCCESS" over the previous day, as I made it through all day and all night.

This is good, but I went a step further. I went and figured out the BMI for my size using this calculator online. http://www.am-i-fat.com/ . I have my weigh in on Wednesdays, so on wednesday I will log my weight on my calender and write "obese" "overweight" or "average" along side my weight based on my BMI. When I look at my intake, I can see that I am doing this to better my health, and it shows me where I am at honestly. This has been working for me for 2 days solid, today is my third day in. I just keep my calender next to me like a security blanket, and I promised myself to keep it close at all times.

I guess seeing it for what it is helps fight the food mind game that goes along with my compulsive behavior. I'm following a strict diet and excersise routine and being true to myself about why and where I am. Maybe this is something some of you ladies could benifit from too. :grouphug:

thistoo
07-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Danielle, it does seem like I'm starving myself, doesn't it? But I've had all the tests and everything always comes back completely normal. My body just does not want to burn fat, apparently, unless I give it 1200 calories a day of whole foods and work out regularly. I am being careful and making sure I'm getting the right nutrients, though, I promise. I'm really not starving ever, and if I am hungry I eat more. I'm only dropping an average of 1.5 pounds per week, so I'm not losing weight super-quickly even though it seems like I should be, given my height/weight to calorie intake ratio.

I have a weird body. It runs in the family, so it's not really surprising. Just very frustrating.

Merrick
07-28-2006, 01:05 PM
My gosh,
everyone is so filled with info... thank you all. I love reading some of these ideas.... they really make you think. I did Atkins a couple of years ago. I had a really hard time in the beginning. Then after a month... I kept experiencing heart palpatations and someone recommended stopping Atkins, I did and never experience the palpatation again. but Maybe I could tweak it like ya'll say to fit me better. I felt like all I ate was eggs, cheese, nuts, and meat. I will have to try it, again... something similar anyway. Thanks again everyone.

Amany
07-28-2006, 01:56 PM
You must get your veggies with Atkins. That's crucial. If you don't you will definitely get sick. I eat at one or two salads a day. I also have greens or spinach at least 2 - 3 times a week, because they're so high in fiber. I've read that a lot of people on Atkins have problems "going" at times.

Merrick
07-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Well, I know many people have stated that part of dieting is mental. Well the mental part got me tonight. I am sad to say that I knew what I was doing... as I ate and ate... I am not mad at myself... boy that is a first. I am excited to start over tomorrow, because I am going to bed now. I feel sick. Amanda, thank you for the added info. I will definately keep that in mind.
I have read the Atkins book before. However, I loaned it to my sister in law and never seen it again. I may ask her about it, but I think I am going to reduce/eliminate carbs (not fruits or veggies). I am also going to be aware of the meats I eat, lean not fatty. I am going to have trouble with snacks... which is most of my problem. I am usually good with 3 square meals... it is the in between.
Any snack ideas... when I did Atkins in the past... I lived on nuts and cheese. Somehow I cannot see that being healthy. Well, I am beat I will check in tomorrow. Thanks again everyone. I really do appreciate all the you guys do for me. :)

flawlesscube
07-29-2006, 12:19 AM
HI Ladies,
Sorry for checking in so late, We had a power outage here and man it got a little warm. power company said something bout a transitter blowing or simething. All I know is no air or fans make it pretty unbearable. I was about to check me and my 3 kids(animals) into a hotel in another town for the night. uucckk, Well I will catch up on posts tomorrow, good thing i got alot of water in today. bad thing, the candy bar went down really easy too. ah well tomorrow is a new day
Anna

AquaChick
07-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

:carrot:

Merrick, :hug:

The most important thing is to get back on your feet when you fall. I'm so happy you are not beating yourself up though. All that does is create anxiety-which in turn makes things worse. Hopefully we fall less and less with time.

flawlesscube, :hug: sorry to hear about the power outage. Ooh, those are tough in the heat. So the candy bar got ya did he? He's gotten me before too... why does he have to be so sweet and smooth? ;) :D

You just have to be strong and try not to mess with those kind of guys... as is typical, you will always feel guilty in the morning.... :lol:

Amany
07-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Hello all.

Oh the weekend....

How does one remain strong over the weekend??!!! :?:

I guess I'll just have to try my best. ;)

I hope everyone is doing well today. I'm good so far. Lately I've been practicing just asking myself if I'm full. And then pushing the plate away once I am. I guess I also need to work on not going back to it an hour later when I feel just a tad less full. lol It's a process. I'm working on it.

Aqua - I like your idea about keeping a food journal / calendar. If it's right in your face it makes you accountable. Maybe even try adding in the times that you felt like compulsively eating. Then you'd probably be able to make some connections.

Merrick - Your plan sounds sound. I haven't been having fruit yet, but the pears on my parents' tree with be ripe in a few weeks. I love fresh pears right off the tree. There's no way I'm going to miss those!! Do whatever is healthy and you can live with without having stress about it.

Last night I sat in on an online OA meeting. I think it convinced me not to attend any local ones. I think there is some good information that I can relate to, but I guess it seemed a little too overboard to me. I don't want to feel like I need to fear certain foods. I want to learn to control my intake of them. I know I can do that. Just making a decision to remove the shame and secrecy from it has helped me tremendously already. But that's just me. I would never judge anyone else's decision. I will still attend the online OA meetings sometimes. I still think there are some beneficial things that can be taken from them.

Well, I'm off. Have a great day everyone! :dust:

Sugar-N-Spice
07-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Hello! :dance:

How is everyone? I hope you're all prepared to enjoy a really great weekend!

I am sitting here feeling blah and really tired. I can't figure out what it is? I feel like I could sleep for another 12 hours. Maybe it's just TOM messing with me, I dunno? Just doesnt feel good tho. Oh, and also, it's real overcast and dark outside so maybe that's got something to do with it too.

I am trying real hard to stay focused on low carb but I keep finding myself mindlessly nibbling on things that are definite no-no's. argh! I don't over do it (which is a first!) but the fact that I am at all is not going to get me to losing much weight. I really was bad this week and didn't do any of the exercise I had planned on doing. We just had so much other stuff going on around here there just wasn't time (like that excuse? lol), or I was just plain tired. I think what it is girls, I'm afraid of it? Don't ask me why I think that, just a weird observation on my part I guess! :lol: I love love love it once I get going. I get to a point where I can't get enough but it's those first initial workouts that are just SO HARD. It's a mind thing, I know it, just gotta slug it out some how.

Aqua- I think you've got a good plan set up for accountability. I really hope it works for you! What's amazing is how much you are willing to be incredibly honest about it all, even if it is in front of dh. Good for you! I hope you had another great day yesterday!

Thistoo- That is very strange! Ya weirdo! :hug: ;) I have a sister who is a bit like that also regardless of all the workouts she does and how well she eats. She found she lost more inches than she did weight, the weirdest thing! I'm just glad to know that you have been checking things out and know that it's not anything else medically. I really admire your tenacity and willingess to put up with it too!

Lynne- I think you need to do with whatever you can live with for the long haul. This is why I am such a huge advocate of tweaking any program to fit your life. If you gotta white knuckle it just to lose the weight, how in the world will anyone be able to keep it off if they can't live the lifestyle, right? IMO, anyone is better just cutting out sugars period, they are so bad for you. I know you will do great with this! Snacks are endless really....... cucumbers & dip, carrots, celery w/ cream cheese or PB, nuts (almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts), meat & cheese rollups, string cheese, yocheese,deviled eggs, HB eggs, pepperoni crisps(if you want to do lc these are so good but a tad higher in fat), ....... Yes, nuts & cheese are healthy but use moderation!
I would suggest limiting your cheese to only a few ounces a week and really just pushing the veggies along with a bit of protein. You'll find that you really won't want that much if you get that protein in for a snack, really will keep you satiated longer. I hate that feeling where you get so hungry you feel like you could gnaw your arm off! :D One of the biggest reasons I love lc eating!
Also, maybe if you do really well with the 3 squares, maybe 6 smaller meals would be more ideal for you? I know many people who have had huge success with this. Just an idea!

flawless- well that really is a bummer about the power! We lost Elycia here on the thread due to that too. I hope it's restored quickly so you're not miserable! Dont sweat the candy bar, on to new beginnings, right?! :)

Amanda- so glad you're doing so great! Sounds like you have really dedicated yourself to really listening to your body and what it needs. I think with this mindset you will really succeed! I agree, once you let out your "secrets" and the shame regarding your food habits, things do get so much easier. I had kept mine a secret just until last year when I started therapy and the dr talked tome about eating disorders. Me! The fat girl with an eating disorder?!? I actually argued with him at first because I couldn't believe that something like this could be considered a "disorder". He finally made me understand it and MADE me talk to my dh about it. He was astounded that after all the years of being together that my husband literally had no clue(so I thought!) what I'd been doing to feed my habit. Hardest thing I ever had to do! Really felt like some sort of drug addict, worst part is, like an addict, my dh knew there was something going on but couldn't put his finger on it. Weird! I think you are doing beautifully just listening to that hunger bell, I think the more we tune in to that the more success many of us will have. It's such a huge urge to want to clean the plate though, I certainly understand this way of thinking! Hope today is another success for you. :)

Well girls, I need to get a move on, even though I would love nothing more than to sit here and vegitate. Never did get that storm yesterday, now they say it's today.....I'll believe it when I see it! :lol:
Gonna spend some time in the kitchen today cooking up some chicken and prepping veggies and salad fixins. Helps me so much to be prepared, then there is no excuse to not follow my plan!!!

Have a lovely afternoon girly girls and I'll check in again later. :grouphug:

♥danielle

u2girl
07-29-2006, 08:32 PM
WE HAVE POWER!!! Thank goodness. It has been unbearable. Anna, you got a taste of what we have been dealing with for the past week. Well, I think it is probably safe to buy groceries again. Unfortunately, my refrigerator smells horrid and I am trying all types of things to take care of that issue.

Wow, most are checking in great. I looked through the post and noticed that Tiffany hasn't been around much. Hope that all is okay. Blondie, I really haven't seen since her initial post. Well, I hope to hear more from you ladies. Since my power is back on, I should be around a little more and it can be more of an exchange of encouragement from my end.

Stacy and Anna, good to see you guys! Hello to everyone and nice to read all of your progress.

Just as a heads up, I or someone here will obviously have to make a new one for August, however, I was thinking that since this check-in is such a success, maybe we should have a weekly thread in lieu of a monthly. 8 pages in just 1 1/2 week would make for a 30 page thread over a month and that is just too much to comb through. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that everyone is posting. Keep it up, it is very encouraging.

Take care.

Elycia

flawlesscube
07-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Elycia,
welcome back and good to see you online again. I can't imagine what you have been going through. a couple hours is all i had to deal with and I was in misery without my fan or a/c. my animals loved the ice water though. weekly would be great although i think 30 pages would be pretty funny.

Okay i stayed away from the chocolate today, any time i felt like overeating i drank more water or had a bowl of oatmeal, okay maybe 2 but it worked today. Well Ladies, Have a great weekend. I am looking forward to later this week as I will be taking my first vacation, real vacation in like 3 years, a whole week I am excited. Although I willbe working part of it as I am overhauling one if the rooms in my house I am looking forward to it. still need to pick the final color though have 2 choosen and the flooring picked out.
Until tomorrow
Anna

Sugar-N-Spice
07-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Elycia its great to see you! I hope now that the power is back you will be able to spend some more time with us. I can only imagine how 'lovely' your fridge is right now! LOL its so awesome to have you back tho, I'm
excited to hear some good things from you in the coming weeks! I'm fine with a weekly thread if everyone else is!

Anna-im glad to hear you're having a good weekend so far! Does your vacation start this coming week? How exciting especially since its been awhile for ya. Sometimes working around the house can be more relaxing than going away somewhere, I bet you have a blast!

Anyone else around this weekend? We would love to hear from you, especially you girls that haven't posted for a while! I hope all is well with everyone!

Hugs,
Danielle

AquaChick
07-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone! :sunny:

Amany- Yes, the weekends are definately tough! :o
Very good thing about asking yourself about being full. That takes a lot of practice and control, especially if it is something really sinful like pizza, pasta, or whatever you love the most.
Sugar-N-Spice- Hi! I am enjoying my weekend. It's a bit of a lazy one, lounging around the house. Yeah, you are right. Overcast weather might be the culprit for making you sleepy. It always seems to put me in hibernation mode. When there is a thunderstorm I could lay in bed all afternoon listening to the thunder.
u2girl- The check in is going great. :) WE have some really sweet chicks that need each other here. I think that is so great.
flawlesscube- good job watching yourself and taking in the water. :hug: This is one of the hardest things to do, but you are forcing yourself over the "hump" and I think once you get used to it, it will become second nature to eat a certain way.
Merrick, thistoo, TiffanyinMass, SnShn13, Woodspritechick, Quirky1, phoxiekat, StephanieAZ82, Angel33, karistiana, blondie728, LisaMarie71,
brat_61886
Thinking about all you chicks, even if I skipped a name, you are thought of too! I hope you are all well, and have a peaceful weekend!

Amany
07-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Good day everyone!

I think I'm becoming addicted to checking this thread. Whenever I see it bumped up I'm like, "Oooo.... another post!". :lol:

Danielle - Yesterday was a bit blah for me too. Most Saturdays are. If I'm not careful I can spend a lot of time sleeping. Especially when it's cooler outside. I get what you mean about the exercise too. There was a time when I loved my exercise so much that I would rush to do it. If I had gone the whole day without it, I would do it at night. If I can just make myself do it regularly for a solid month I could probably become that way again.
BTW - I confessed to my husband too about the secret eating. He already knew. He said, "I know you were eating a lot. There's just the two of us here and I know I wasn't eating all that.". So just what secret was I actually keeping?? :lol:

Elycia - You have power! Oh, isn't it just bliss? And to be back in your own home. Ahh.... Nothing makes you appreciate electricity more than losing it for a while.
I think you're right about a weekly thread. Maybe starting every Monday morning? If I'm not rushing like a mad woman tomorrow morning, like I am on most Mondays, I don't mind starting it. I guess just who ever signs on first on Monday morning. :shrug:

Anna - Congrats on avoiding the chocolate. There are times that I crave it so much that I think I'll have a fit if I don't get it. Years ago (when I was in love with my exercise), I disciplined myself enough to have it just every now and then. Like every other month or so. I also rarely ate french fries, potato chips, ice cream, greasy burgers or pizza. After a while I never even missed those things. The only time I skewed was during the holidays. The day of the holiday and the next day. Not the entire season from Thanksgiving until the first of the year. I hope I can be that way again....

Aqua - Sometimes we just have a lazy weekend. Nothing wrong with that.
Maybe you just need the rest. And sometimes it's just so gloomy outside, why go out? Boy have I been there. And shall be again I'm sure. I love to lounge ;) I agree that this thread is fantastic. I also belong to one of the online Atkins forums. I like it quite a bit, but it doesn't have the same friendliness of this one. And there are a couple of people (not a lot) that are ready to pounce on you when you mess up. Or if you're not doing strict Atkins. Who needs that? I love the encouragement, support and advice I get here. In fact a couple of days ago I encouraged one of the members, who'd had a particularly bad slip up, to check us out. All she did was mess up, like we all do at times, and this jerk was going off on her. It was awful.

This weekend has been pretty good. Yesterday I wanted my husband's pizza so bad though. And I was soooo hungry. I told myself, "OK, I'm low carbing. I'll just take the pepperoni and cheese off the top and scrape off the pizza sauce.". I did it with one piece and it just made me want the pizza more. So I backed away from the pizza and made myself a salad. Whew!

Well, ladies, if I don't hear from you again, have a great day.

flawlesscube
07-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Wow Ladies, I have some catching up to do, forgive me for not doing personals yesterday. and today we had this gorgous thnderstorm that just kept rolling over head, yes computer was off for awhile although oops neither one of us turned it off so it had to do all those funny little checks again. :)

vacation starts on wednesday and I might have bitten off more than i can chew doing this last room as I still have one wall to repair, sand and even out ect. then the new floor and painting ect they say capricorns are stubborn. ah well. Took SO out for breakfast this morning to my favorite little restaurant, he wanted 3 eggs instead off 2, too funny I think they made him like 8. portion size is not in their vocabulary so i only go there about once every 2 months. i warned you i tend to babble

Amanda, I am amazed at your self control with snack foods. I personally don't like french fries and tried to stay away from high salt foods but those burgers get me once in awhile, usually the BK whopper, yep ever try to rationalize that it has tomatoes and onions and lettuce so it might be good? yep didn't sound good to me right now either but it really did at the time :)

Aqua I hope someday you can share one of your sketches with us, I am so unable to draw though i am fair with a needle for cross stitch or similiar things. that i guess is my canvas. next to the 6 or more scarves i make every year for coworkers. HOpe your weekend is going great anI agree with the laying in bed listening to the thunder , it is such a beautiful sound.

Danielle vacation in 3 days whoohoo, i am totally excited as if anyone an't guess I willbe counting down the hours soon. I must try and get out and take some pics before all the summer flowers are gone also. Most of my lillies are now in bloom. my favorite is still the stargazer though i think pixie lillies come in a close second. hmm not sure where that came from. Hope your weekend is giving you joy and fun times

Well ladies take care of yourselves. Looking forward to who is here to start the thread tomorrow.
Anna

Amany
07-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Anna - I used to have self control like that. I'm trying now to get it back!
;-)

Amany
07-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Ok, so I was just changing my shirt while sitting on the bed. With my shirt off I got a sideview of myself in the mirror and was disgusted. Flabs of fat everywhere. It made me want to give up and start eating. That sort of thing started for me about 60 pounds ago. I'd get a sideview, feel as if I'd never lose weight and eat a no-no. The first time it ever happened to me I was in a workout room that had mirrors everywhere.

Has that ever happened to any of you? I'm going to persevere this time, but something like that just makes it harder to stay positive.

AquaChick
07-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey Amany!

Oh yeah baby it's happened to me!!! You feel like this is never gonna change, then you start telling yourself you like food anyway, and it goes step by step and emotion to emotion until you either consiously say !@#$ it, or you unconsiously run to your "so called best friend" for edible comfort. Mmmhhmmm. It is common, but so unhealthy and detrimental to our progress. In fact, like you said- 60 Lbs. later- meaning it may actually be the mindeset that sets you into a cycle to gain a significant amount of weight.

flawlesscube- You would really want to see those sketches? :o lol... maybe one day. I'm sure there is some magnificent artist floating around here somewhere and I'd probably embarass myself...lol...

Sugar-N-Spice
07-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Getting a late start today, I was up most of the wee hours because of our neighbors. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: I am very tired and VERY ANGRY!
Not sure what we're going to do, I just know that I am desperately tired of feeling so insecure in my own place!

Anna, I bet you can't wait for vacation! I think you will be able to accomplish alot with your remodel. One of those things, once you get going you can't stop...especially when it comes out gorgeous!! I'm jealous of your flowers! Living in the desert all we see alot of is cactus! :lol: I never was a good gardener, I think I killed more than I could preserve. Breakfast out sounded lovely today. I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love breakfast out somewhere...something cozy about it all...smell of coffee and bacon...:lol:

Amanda, you sound great this afternoon! Why is it that whenever I get going with an eating plan, try to fly right, all of a sudden I want pizza desperately? I don't even really care for it all that much, but put me eating right and yep, I'll want it! :lol: Its the weirdest thing, but it also proves my theory that weight loss is ALL in the mind! Now, in regards to the mirror thing.....I flat out don't look in mirrors all that much. If you really wanna know...when I do my make-up it's with a really tiny mirror so I can only see the specific spot I'm working on...and as far as combing my hair or checking my clothes in a mirror? Its like I get invisible blinders on and when I'm blow drying my hair I focus only on that one spot and then only my head of hair once it's done..but never my face...and same for my body...only 1 spot at a time...isn't that unreal?! I've been doing this for years & years & years. My shrink claims I have a body-dismorphic disorder...but I dunno. Its the only way I can get ready ever and the thought of even looking at myself as a whole sends me into anxiety mode. Can you tell I would make a perfect candidate for "Bellvue"? :lol: I guess when you get right down to it, I just learned at an early age that I was fat, ugly, and not worth a whole lot so I learned to adapt in a way that would at least get me out the door each morning...do just enough to make sure my hair's not sticking up or no body parts hanging out. LOL Trying to practice each day on this, some are better than others...but I guess it's progress.
I think it's great that you were so aware when you were changing of exactly what was going on and are determined to beat it this time. You will do it too! You will lose weight and be successful at keeping it off. Look at all the brainpower you're using in causing awareness to what has failed you in the past. Good for for you!

Aqua, I do hope you're having another great afternoon!!! Yep, it's overcast again here and I am oh soooo sleepy! lol Here's to another great week!

Alrighty ladies, guess it's time for me to go and do something....what, I have no idea! :lol: I am so tired from being up most of the night that I can barely think clearly let alone actually accomplish something! Had a huge storm last night and today is still very cloudy and dark. Good movie watching day, huh? Maybe that's what I'll go do and say screw everything else?! Sounds good to me! :D

CBL!

♥danielle

Merrick
07-30-2006, 09:56 PM
hi everyone,
Just a quick note, I have had a crazy weekend,,, never ending guests, a party, then more guest today.
I have not been eating too great, I have been soooo tired, to top it off. Sometimes I think that is my culprit.

It sounds like everyone is going great... thank you all for all your kinds words and words of wisdom.
I am so sorry that I am being so brief, but I really want to get to bed, so I can get up and walk in the morning.

Elycia: congrats on the power, I am so happy for you & your family. I also agree with you and Amanda about starting a weekly thread.

I really do enjoy this group. I also feel connected to you all. I found myself thinking of you guys all weekend. I promise to write more.

Also, ... to those of you going on vacation... enjoy. Have fun, even if you are working on a room in your home Anna, enjoy.

Good Night to you all,

AquaChick
07-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey ladies! I just wanted to share an idea with you I found on line a few days ago. I thought about it, and I think it might be a refreshing new twist to add to my plan, maybe someone else would also like to try it out...

Basically, when you have an urge to eat something out of your schedule and plan.. such as, let's say- a candy bar... you take the $1.09 or however much it would cost you and put it in a jar or box. If it is a value meal from McDonald's put the $5 or $6 in there. Pretend you bought it. With time you will have a nest egg of money that will demonstrate not only how much you saved by not giving in- but it will be a testament to your will to lose these unwanted pounds. Then, the money you didn't spend on food could go to a smaller sized item of clothing- or if you're a cheapie like me- you could fill a few bags with goodies from the dollar store.

I bought a little wooden box today (from the dollar store...lol...:D ) and painted it, and wrote some of my favorite "diet sayings" on it, and have the intention to fill it when temptation strikes. I know I won't get to eat the food I'm obsessing over, but I will get to see the money accumulate in the box ( money that would have been wasted on empty calories anyway- be honest with yourself if you really would have spent it on the food), and as it accumulates I can get excited about not only avoiding gaining weight/not making progress, but I get to look forward to taking my stash to the dollar store at the end of the week and seeing how much I got to buy that I will actually get to keep for longer than a chew and a swallow!!! What a reward! :cupgold:

u2girl
07-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Hello all. So nice to see everyone. Amanda, you said it! It is nothing like being in your own home, in your own bed. ha ha ha We are still trying to get the girls back on schedule though. Taking them out of their usual environment for a week messed up their schedule, but we are working on it.

Merrick, what a nice thing to say. Thinking about the check-in. That is really nice. Don't be too hard on yourself about what you may have eaten this weekend. I have been reading this WW book lately and it indicated that a good idea is to have flexible restraint. Realize that sometimes you have to be flexible depending on your circumstances, however, always knowing in your mind that you are getting back to your plan as soon as possible. Of course, you wouldn't want to make that a constant cycle or you wouldn't get anywhere, but I think it is trying to say that you can't be too rigid or you can be setting yourself up for failure. It has been a good read so far.

Aqua, that sounds like a great idea. Sounds like a good way to save up some money for clothes. Awww, in my thinner days I was such a clothes horse. I was so into fashion. Anyways, that sounds like a great suggestion, thanx for sharin'.

Well, I better go to bed. I have an interview in the morning for a part time job. I hope that it works out. Things have been kinda tight lately, so it would help alot if I could add to the family income. Well, you ladies take care and I will see ya tomorrow.

plumptobump
07-31-2006, 01:52 AM
Hi everyone,

Mind if I join you all?? I have A LOT of weight to lose, so thought I should just hop on in and start getting involved with everything - the support will be appreciated for sure! :)

I started my new "diet" a few days ago and have lost 5 lbs so far (most is water weight Im sure), so am pleased with that. Cant wait to get to know everyone! :)

Have a great day!

Sugar-N-Spice
07-31-2006, 01:58 AM
Lynne, it was grear to hear from you today! I was hoping we'd hear from you soon. I hope with all that company that you at least had a good time visiting. Just remember tomorrow is a new beginning! I hope yoi enjoy your walk in the a.m.!

Aqua, LOVE your idea about the money jar! What a fantastic way to keep tabs on yourself. I may have to follow you on that one. What an absolutely fantastic way to reward ourselves at the end of a week/month, whatever! Positive reeinforcement for sure when you can see how strong you've been to stay on track. Heck, now I'm way excited about this idea of yours! LOL

Elycia, best wishes on your interview, I'm sure you will do great! Hope you find getting your girls back on schedule painless and quick! I'm constantly amazed how people cannot grasp the concept that little ones have specific schedules to keep and how incredibly hard it can be when they're thrown off track. So glad that you are settling back in quickly and you can get back to your routine. Sending lots of <<<<<good luck vibes>>>>> your way for your interview! :)

Goodnight ladies, see ya in the morning!

~danielle

Amany
07-31-2006, 06:38 AM
Morning ladies. I started the new thread for the week. Pop on over!

brat_61886
08-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Hello Ladies i know its been forever since i last posted on here. I've been okay. trying to get thru my finals for the summer. i'm still working out and eating right. i havent weighed and decided that i'm only going to once a month. anyways i had a question for you guys. I was wondering if you ever get blood filled bumps on you legs? and i mean mine are the size of nickles and usually purple from blood. they are terribly painful. i was just wondering if anyone else had them and what they did about it or if anyone knows anything about it and how to get right of them. thanks a lot!!!!

thistoo
08-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi brat, I can't say I've ever experienced that but maybe someone else can give you an answer. Our group has been moved here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90419

So you might want to repost your question on the new thread : )

Sandi
08-07-2006, 09:33 AM
This thread had been moved over to supprt groups...go here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90419&page=11)to find the latest thread.

Hey, this too - we were posting at the same time!