Support Groups - In your 20's with 100+ to lose??

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : In your 20's with 100+ to lose??

Megan2006
07-19-2006, 11:41 AM
ME TOO!! I'm 22 with a good 100 pounds to lose. My goal? to drop 50 by December 31st. 5 months, 50 months.. it can be done with sheer determination. Problem? THE DETERMINATION PART *lol* I'm still finding it.. HELP!!

djs06
07-19-2006, 01:49 PM
ditto to everything you said , Megan :)

sotypical
07-19-2006, 01:51 PM
I will be 21 in a few days. I started out 85 pounds to lose but that could change to 95 or so - just want to see what I look like once I get lower!

Megan2006
07-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Hey girls!! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone! (I knew I wasn't alone, but it's nice to actually HEAR that I'm not :D )
What food plan are you guys on?

djs06
07-20-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm on the trial and error food plan :lol:

Basically, I've tried a lot of things and the only thing I can see myself actually sticking with is the old-fashioned "moderation is key" calorie-counting plan, with as much exercise as I can get. I recently took up yoga and pilates (though I"m quite the beginner and was intimidated to go due to my size, I really like both) and try to do 40 minutes of cardio. I'm hoping that yoga will help me with my stress and become a replacement for stress eating, but only time will tell, haha.

Maybe I need a more solid plan, but I guess I"ll work on that as I go along. What about you?

EviesMommy
07-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Can I pop in - I just turned 25 and I have about 80-90# left to loose - I started out with 100# to loose in June - RIght now I'm just trying to watch my portion sizes - although today not such a good day - my daughter is having a very whinny day - So about lunch time I broke down and went to get french fries at wendys. (they keep both of us quiet :))
I'm trying to get motivated to exercise, but I got to tell you so far its just not happening - I started a 21 days challenge in which I'm challenging myself to exercise for 30 mins everyday for 21 days straight (so far I've done day one 3 times :))
I want to try south beach but we are going camping for a wk next wk - and lets face it phase 1 of south beech just isn't going to happen camping (convience foods you can cook over the fire or can snack on, are what happen) anyway best of luck to you ladys

bep
07-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi there Megan! I just turned 29 last month. I SERIOUSLY want to be fit (or close to it) by the time I turn 30 in just under a year. I started at the beginning of the year and lost only 13 lbs until May when I got serious...since then is when the bulk of my weight has come off. I have only lost a total of a few lbs this month due to this and that, but the scale is still going down. I am back to being more strict with myself so I will start going down more again. As long as that ticker keeps heading in the correct direction, I am fine...even if it takes a wee might more time.

Anyway...I thought I would reply since our tickers looks sooooo similar! You are where I was in January so I know you can do it...I have only taken about 2 months of it seriously and that is when the bulk of the weight came off. If I had been dead serious about this straight since January, I would be a whole lot smaller now.

bep
07-20-2006, 02:25 PM
ps....I am calorie counting. 1200 - 1500 per day. I like to hang out down by the 1200 range though...just leave the wiggle room for special occasions.

mscptnobvious
07-21-2006, 06:13 AM
Hey everyone... I just joined today and I am so motivated to finally get rid of this weight that I have been carrying around for so long. I thought I could use a few friends who are going through the same situation. I am 22, and hope to lose 80+. I have tried dieting before, lost some weight and then gained it back. I don't think I was motivated enough to take it seriously. I always think, "what if I would have taken the last time seriously?" I would be a thinner me. I'm tired of thinking "what if" and I'm ready to make that thought a reality.

I was browsing the site and came across this thread. I've noticed that we all have about the same goal to end up around 150-160lbs. This is such a great site! I'm still exploring and getting use to it but I'm excited to make new friends. Can't wait until we reach our goals!

brat_61886
07-21-2006, 01:19 PM
hey guys. I'm Brittni and i'm 20 years old i have a 175 pounds to lose and ive been looking for girls my age to talk to and to help keep each other motivated. email me or send me a message on aim!

bep
07-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Ashley...I have had those same thoughts also...I think probably just about all of us have. Welcome to the newbies! Post around!!! I have found that the more I read around and get to know a few people more and they get to know me, the more encouraged I feel.

bep
07-21-2006, 01:53 PM
By the way...150 is a temporary goal for me. When I get there, I will see how I look and feel. I may want to go to 140 or 135. 150 is the top of my normal weight range for my height, so it will be OK for me to go lower than 150. I set 150 as my goal because I know that once I get down that far, the loss will slow drastically. I want to have that first goal at a normal body weight for me so I can celebrate being a 'normal' weight for the first time in my adult years. :p I can work on toning down after that.

sotypical
07-21-2006, 02:35 PM
I am calorie counting, I try and stay under 1700 everyday (doesnt always happen, haha). Usually I end up around 1600. And for exercise I ride my exercise bike. I am always around, feel free to PM me anytime.

Best of luck to you all!

Megan2006
07-21-2006, 04:15 PM
It's so awesome to see everyone come together! We'll be eachothers support system!! :carrot:
I personally am going to focus on eating healthy, wholesome foods. No fried foods, or processed foods.. and keep my protein and veggie intake up.
EVIESMOMMY: I liked your idea of the 21 day challenge! I think I may start something like that :D
Feel free to PM me anytime you guys need to :hug:

mscptnobvious
07-22-2006, 03:37 AM
I also like the 21 day challenge. It's a great idea. It is great that we can all come together and and support each other. It's like we have our own fan club. HAHA It would be awesome to find a work out buddy too, cause we all know how hard it is to get up and do it alone. I'm focused though, and I know with this site, it will make it easier.

I am also cutting out fried, and processed foods. My only problem is eating after work. I work 3-11, 5 days a week and normally when I get home I am starving cause I am usually running around and sometimes not even getting a dinner. I have to buckle down and stop myself. Any ideas for me? Let me know, I can use all the help I can get.

Vilandra485
07-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Hey - I'm Melissa, 21, over 150 pounds left to go!! I'm 9 weeks in, 21.5 pounds lost so far. Doing walking and swimming with 2000 calories or less per day. :) Anyone can feel free to message me here or on MSN or Yahoo. :)

Melissa

EviesMommy
07-22-2006, 07:05 PM
mscptnobvious - I used to work the 3-11 shift and being a nurse beleive you me I know about not getting time for your lunch and flying around crazy. However the year that I worked seconds was the year that I lost 75# before. I would eat a reg breakfast (oatmeal, cereal whatever) when I got up in the am which was normaly 9-10, than around 1 - 1:30 I would eat my big meal - (you know dinner from the night before, lassanya whatever) I didn't really watch portions eaither - than when I was at work I would bring water and proteine bars or slim fast, yogurt or something I could choke down on the go. WHen I got home at night - I'm typically a night person - but I would still be flying so high from the shift that it would take me a couple hours to wind down - but I ate a yogurt and rasiens or just something light. I think part of the reason I lost all of that weight was becuae I had my big meal in the mid of the day when I had a 8 hr shift to burn caleries - it also help me staty full - I don't know if this helps - but eat lots of protein at night because this will help keep you feeling full:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

mscptnobvious
07-23-2006, 01:27 AM
eviesmommy... thanx so much for the input. I work at a hospital as CNA and goin back to school for my RN. so we are definatly on the same boat. I'm the same way with getting home from work at 11:30 and still wired and have a hard time goin straight to bed. I love the whole idea of eating my big meal before work and burning it off, because as you know, we almost NEVER sit down. One thing I'm already doing is drinking tons of water. I must have about a gallon a shift. sometimes I feel wild and have some green tea haha. Thanks so much for the ideas!! :hug:

Megan2006
07-24-2006, 10:18 AM
I love everyone's attitude! Very positive and motivating!
I can only imagine how hard it would be to work a shift like 3-11 and still eat right, more power to you girl!!!
Welcome VILANDRA485!! You've definitely come to the right place. We're all in the same position, so who better to keep you going?? :hug:
How's everyone's day going today? Mine's alright, had my cereal this morning (whole grain of course). Going out for lunch so I'll be sure to behave myself :devil:

Neleh
07-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi,

I'm aged 29 and I have exactly 100lb to go, I've been losing around 2 pounds a week now for a while by calorie counting, and I'm determinded to continue. I think this is a really good idea to encourage each other into losing weight and exercising, the exercise is the key for me, at the moment I get up 30 minutes early to fit it into my day because I know if I leave it till later then I'll never get around to it.

It's good to encourage and motivate each other.

TiffyTaffy
07-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Hi, my name is Tiffany and I'm 20 I don't quite have a 100 lbs to lose but I'm close.I've been on my diet for 2 weeks and I'm down 15 lbs.I'm doing this not only to be more healthy but because I want to join the airfore.

Megan2006
07-24-2006, 12:09 PM
GOOD FOR YOU TIFFY TAFFY!! :carrot: That's excellent that you're working towards bettering yourself not just for health reasons, but to pursue your career!! Way to go! and 15 pds on two weeks is great! what are you doing?

pigginpodgey
07-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey everyone

Just looking for some additional support, have been dieting on and off forever.. anyway heres some background:

Im 23, currently 243, I was 252 at my highest, and I would love to get down to the 190lb mark - just for a start!!

I find it really hard having a social life and trying to be healthy, I find that they conflict!! Im wanting to doa bit of a 21 day challenge type thing, just to get me back into it, and I want someone to daily check in with - anyone up for it?! Apparently it takes 21 days to form new habits, so im up for that!!!

BellaLucia
07-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Let's go pigginpodgey. I challenge you to eat only healthy foods for 21 days. I'm 255lbs, need to drop 101lbs to be at a normal weight. I'm also 23, welcome. Are u attending school. I won't begin grad. school in January but have hopes of working at the school's bookstore before then.

TiffyTaffy
07-24-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm doing the atkins diet and I love it.I never go hungry.

Teresa_Gonzalez
07-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi,

This is my first post here. I'm 28, 6'1 with waaaaay over 100lbs to lose. I'm somewhere around 340 now and apparently need to get down to around 170. That sounds a little low to me but then again what do I know??

I was on WW about a month ago, lost nearly 6 pounds the first week and then almost immediately "relapsed" as it were and gained it all back and probably more. I still have all my material, the points books etc. and was thinking of giving it another go.

So that's all, I just saw this thread and figured I'd check in.

-Teresa

Megan2006
07-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm so up for a 21 day challenge! I"m thinking mine will be at least 30 minutes of exercise a day for all 21 days.. PLUS drink ALL my water. That's a big challenge for me.
We'll do a daily check-in and see how eachother is doing.. Each person can do their own challenge, depending on what they want to achieve.. How about that??

turkeysandwich
07-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I am soooo up for the challenge. I'd like to think that I could lose at least the first 10 lbs. in those 21 days. I need to step up my exercise (uh ... that means actually do my exercise) and drink my water (I swear it's like pulling teeth having to drink that many glasses a day). Same as you, Megan2006!! I'm in if y'all are in!

pigginpodgey
07-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Yey! so glad everyone is up for this!!

We need all the support we can get!!

Ok so my challenges for myself for the next 21 days:

1. Cut back as much as possible on demon alcohol
2. Exercise at least 3 times a week
3. Eat food that is good for me, treat my body as a temple instead of a waste can!!
4. Eat more veggies and fruit

I think thats about it for now, but im sure i will think of more!! Its winter in my part of the world at the moment, so im finding it hard to stop eating stodegy winter food.. it also helps that in winter you can cover up the wobbley bits!!

Catch you all tomorrow for an update on your challenge progress!!

Weddingin2007
07-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Hello girls... I am 24, and need to lose over 100 lbs... not sure how much over though...

Right now, I am 246 and am 5'3, I would like to lose 100 and see what I look like around 150, and then go from there. I haven't ever been under 150 that I can remember, so it should be interesting.

I am a calorie counter, and today showed a 667 calorie deficit, so if I can keep that up for 6 more days I will have lost 1.25 (assuming 3500 calories equals one pound loss...) :carrot:

mscptnobvious
07-25-2006, 12:21 AM
awesome job girls! welcome to all the new people! This is definatly motivation. Each day I think about what I'm goin to eat before I eat and think "I can't let my 3F girls down!" :hug: we're all on the same boat. Keep those pounds falling off... I'm down 7 and its been about 2 weeks. I have much, much more to go.

Megan2006
07-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Hey Bep! Thanks for the encouragement :D How's your diet going??

I have a piece of advice for everyone!! Are you one of those people who can not wake up early at all?? If you have those extra 15 minutes to sleep you'd take it? That WAS me until this morning. I had to drive my Dad into work today, and had to wake up at 5am! Normally, I don't wake up until 6ish. But you know what? It wasn't all that bad! I'm wide awake, and once I got out of bed it was easy, I think I may even do it from now on to get some exercise in before work. I know it sounds horrible, but actually try it, just once! It's a heck of a lot easier than I ever thought it would be :cool:
Today I'm going to really drink ALL my water, it also makes me feel full which is good.
How is everyone's challenge/healthy eating going??

Weddingin2007
07-25-2006, 08:47 AM
I wake up aroun 715 now, I am going to try for 600, so that I can work out...

I have set the alarm twice for 600 only to reset it for 715 when it has went off, tomorrow I AM going to drag myself out of bed, because I am worth it.

I can't wait to see what the scale looks like next week!

Megan2006
07-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Way to go Weddingin2007! that's the best attitude to have :carrot:
So guessing by your name you're getting married next year? Congrats!!

pigginpodgey
07-25-2006, 09:41 AM
morning everyone! (ok its morning in my part of the world!!)

this morning im feeling very motivated, I have my meals planned out for the day, which always helps me feel in control.

I went swimming last night, oh my god isnt it amazing how quickly you become unfit again?! I was swimming twice a week a couple of weeks back, and could easily manage 30+ lengths, last night i struggled to do 25!! it was hard work!! but i felt so energised afterwards, during my challenge, exercise is going to be my thing.

5. Do 30 minutes of exercise every day - walking, swimming, housework, just get my butt moving!!

Breakfast: weetabix + skimmed milk
snack: 1 apple
lunch: 99% fat free tomato soup + brown bread
snack: 1 apple
Dinner: crab cakes + salad

workout at the gym.

Have a good day everyone!!

Megan2006
07-25-2006, 09:52 AM
pigginpodgey - ur a step ahead of me! I unfortunately don't have my meals planned out. At least not my dinner, my lunch is already figured out. It's definitely a good habit to get into.

So far today is going okay, it's about 9am here and I'm pretty awake. I'm well into my water intake which is a good thing. Going to work on my scrapbook tonight (doing a scrapbook of my weightloss journey :o)

Megan2006
07-25-2006, 09:56 AM
I have a question: what are the odds of me losing about 50 pds by New Years eve? Of course while dieting and exercising, and sticking with it completely.

fat_peach
07-25-2006, 11:47 AM
hey chicks, im sorta new to this , i have been reading post here for a while and i joined and havent really had much conversation with any folks. i am looking for some motavation to help me get my butt in gear. i turn 30 in January and right now i am really fat and depressed. i had a baby in January of this year and i gained a massive amount of weight. i have been eating alot healthier but still i have not seen any great drop on the scale. i have tried counting calories but that does not seem to be working for me. i was just wondering what is everones "plan of attack"? im thinking i will try to focus more on my fat intake and see how that works. i used this plan a few years ago and weight "fell off" according to my calcutlations i should be eating 1600-1800 calories a day. this seems like alot to me. i dont know if im just over anxious and not giving my body enough time or what???? i need suggestions please!!!!!

bep
07-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi all!!! Down 4 lbs this week!

Megan2006
07-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Welcome fat_peach! you're name makes me giggle :D
There are so many approaches to dieting, you just have to find the one that works for you. I personally have tried Weight watchers (and it worked - but gained all my weight plus some when I stopped), I've done Atkins and wasn't a big fan of it. I've also done South Beach which wasn't too bad. I lost about 8 pds in my 1st 2 weeks. There's some interesting recipes to try as well.
Now all I'm doing is counting my fat grams/calories. As well as make sure I get my water in. That seems to work the best for me.
What have you tried so far?

Megan2006
07-25-2006, 12:14 PM
WAY TO GO BEP!!! that's excellent! Keep up the great work!!!!!!:carrot:

pigginpodgey
07-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Welcome Fat Peach!

Ive been doing a low fat plan, where the focus is on measurements rather than weight - it does work, but isnt suited to everyone, i dont particulary like butter etc, so no biggy for me!! Ive lost 10inches on this!

Megan2006
07-25-2006, 01:21 PM
10 inches is awesome!!!

fat_peach
07-25-2006, 05:41 PM
well i have tried the calorie counting......i do great untill late in the day, then i would always blow it! i counted fat grams at one time and i lost about 60lbs in about 4 months. but i did gain it back after 2 kids back to back i guess i have put on.....120lbs:?: but the fat counting thing seemed easier when you get focused and understand that fat-free doesnt mean have the "whole box" . i just cant seem to find my willpower i had back in the day! i wish there was a bootcamp i could inlist in lol:dizzy: i wish i had someone other then myself to answer to when i dont do what i need to do. its sad but i would love to have someone get in my face and give me ****. :chin: so what i think i must do (tonight when i have my quiet time) is really put myself a plan together! i must make small goals for myself, some that ARE do-able and stop being so impatient. i would love to loose about 40 before christmas time. and i belive i CAN do it, i just need to tweek things around abit untill i can find something i can stick to. that is my problem. good luck yall!

Weddingin2007
07-25-2006, 10:52 PM
I have been calorie counting, and I have lost about 11 pounds since the start of it... and I have been doing it about 9 weeks...

I usually have about a 4200 calorie deficit and that means I lose a full pound plus a little more each week, hence the 11 lbs in 9 weeks... (3500 is the number to hit for one pound)..

If I continue my 1.22 lb loss each week, I will be 81 pounds lighter on my wedding date... (November 3 2007)!!!! :carrot:

I did alright today, I ate some fried food that hit my calories kind of hard, but I ended up at least equallying... that is better than being way over I suppose, but I wish it were another deficit... Oh well, tomorrow will be here soon, and I can have a fresh go at it..

Good luck girls on your plans! :carrot:

Neleh
07-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Are you one of those people who can not wake up early at all?? If you have those extra 15 minutes to sleep you'd take it? That WAS me until this morning.

I have started getting up early to excercise this week, and I find its the best way to get me to stick with it, if I leave it till later in the day it just doesn't happen. I find I actually feel much better during the day when I excercise in the mornings, it seems to wake me up for the day. :carrot:

Megan2006
07-26-2006, 08:45 AM
I think that's what I'm going to do too, start waking up earlier to get a bit of exercise in.. maybe a little Turbo Jam first thing in the a.m will get my day started. I noticed that when I woke up early yesterday it was way easier than I thought.. i'm glad I did it!! :carrot:

nymmy
07-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi :) My name is Vanessa and I am 26. I am 1 year in to my weihgt loss, I lost about 55 pounds, and have 56 to go to my goal weight.

I lurk here a lot, Im remotivated though and am trying to become involved :)

Megan2006
07-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Welcome Nymmy! you've come to the right place :hug:

bep
07-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Welcome Vanessa!!! Wow...our start weight and goal weights are pretty close too!

jagmom3
07-26-2006, 04:21 PM
I am no where near my twenties, pushing 45 but I just wanted to encourage you all so much. I have been overweight all my life and have just really gotten obese in the last 20 years. I just feel like I have wasted so much of my life being sick and tired of being fat but not doing anything about it. Please get in control now so that you can live the wonderful life you were ment to live.

pigginpodgey
07-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Ok day 3, and im feeling good!! :carrot:

I think im going to wait for as long as possible to weigh, I will see if I can leave it for at least 10 days, just so I can see more of a result, and hopefully get more motivated.

2 slices brown toast + scraping marmite
handful yoghurt coated raisens
peking duck in a wrap ( no skin on duck and lots of salad in it)

Plan on having crab cakes for dinner.

Going swimming tonight also.

Have a good day everyone. How is everyone else doing in their challenges?!

Shadowcat1978
07-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone, I'm still fairly new to the 3fc site. I am 28 years old, full-time student, and I've been overweight since I was a teenager. I also have over 100 lbs to lose. For exercise I am doing the Yourself Fitness software program in addition to belly dance classes that I take once a week. I still don't have a formal eating plan. I've just been trying to eat healthier foods, incorporate more fruits and vegetables, etc. I want to start participating in the discussions on this site because I believe it will help me stick with my commitments.

nymmy
07-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks megan and bep :) We are all pretty close in the stats!

Weddingin2007
07-26-2006, 06:57 PM
I have started getting up early to excercise this week, and I find its the best way to get me to stick with it, if I leave it till later in the day it just doesn't happen. I find I actually feel much better during the day when I excercise in the mornings, it seems to wake me up for the day. :carrot:

Way to go! Keep going!

pigginpodgey
07-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Ok so how is everyone else doing on their 21 challenge?! :^: come on share!!!

Im feeling pretty good, i was in a bar last night with my friends ( drinking diet coke by the way!) and I was sat there, and I was thinking, i feel so healthy! And i did, especially looking at my slightly drunk friends !!

I am going swimming tonight, so that will be three times in four days, so Im pretty pleased with that. Im not going to weigh in until day 10 i dont reckon, thats if i can hold off that long!!!

For a scary moment earlier i didnt think i could find this forum, phew! Found it with some help though!!

Weddingin2007
07-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Good job Piggin! Last time I drank water at the bar, and I was asked 3 times if I was pregnant or something... It takes willpower to not drink some delectable coctails for sure! You did great!

I haven't been doing it for 21 days, just recently started on the boards, but for my 3rd day on the boards, I feel pretty good. I am counting calories like I need too, and so far for the week show a deficit, which means weight loss... WOOOOHOOO! :carrot:

Don't know how much until next week, but it better be a full pound!

Megan2006
07-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies! How's everyone doing today??
My Challenge is going pretty good, although tonight I have a retirement party to attend and it's gonna be real hard watching what I eat. I can do it though!!! :carrot:
I've been drinking all my water (and living in the bathroom *lol*)
Just need to get more exercise in..

ktruley
07-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Wish I would have found you guys earlier!! I'm 22, with about 100 pounds to lose, though I don't want to look frighteningly scary so I might only want to lose 80... *sigh* It's all about exercise, but lately all I've wanted to do is sleep. I think I'm just mentally worn out... so yeah... cheers to all of us out there trying and losing and in turn... winning!! :)

pigginpodgey
07-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Welcome ktruley!! This forum is really good, and Im sure you will find all the support fantastic! :carrot: I think it helps us all being a similar age, because i think we might have different problems, mine is trying to balance a social life with being healthy - unforunately they dont seem to mix very well, but im doing my best!!

Lets go on shaking off those pounds!!! :carrot:

Megan2006
07-28-2006, 11:41 PM
pigginpodgey - that's exactly my problem too! balancing a social life with people who do not diet at all, and trying to eat healthy myself. It's pretty darn hard! Tonight I was at a party and behaved myself as best I could :D
I really need to get my butt into gear and get this weight off. My doctor prescribed me Xenical which I am starting in a week. I'm only supposed to be on it for NO MORE than three months she said, and she thinks it will help me get started. At first I was a little leary about doing it, but then I thought about it and realized it's not a "quick fix". I personally need to see results before I get motivated (a little contradicting I'd say..) But we'll see how it goes. My goal is to lose 50 pounds by Dec. 15th.. I hope I can do it :^:

Weddingin2007
07-30-2006, 03:06 PM
I have a hard time with the social vs. dieting too...

EVERYONE calls to go out to dinner, or to a bar, or to get ice cream, or go to a party.... All of those have the potential to steer me far off course, and usually do!

I did good this week, I lost 3 lbs exactly... I don't want to lose more than 2 lbs a week, because of loose skin issues, but I was sick yesterday and couldn't keep much in my stomach, so that is why I think the scale is so low today. I weighed Friday morning and I was only down 1.7 lbs, which is where I wanted to be for a weeks weight loss.

Things I need to work on next week:
Exercise (I only made it 2 times this week)
More Water

Things I did well that I need to continue:
Calorie deficits!

Good luck this week girls!

dfant80
07-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey girls! :) I'm 25 and I've got a whopping 200 to lose!!! I broke my foot and messed up my ankle a couple years ago. I've had surgery on it but the ankle is still very messed up. Anyway, so I've gained about 60 lbs. in the past couple years!!! I have been told there are a lot of things I cannot do when it comes to exercising. Pretty much the only thing that's recommended is water aerobics. So....I joined a gym that offers that. I'm scared to go but I HAVE to. I am looking for some people to partner up with for support and motivation! I am truley motivated!!! :) I've got lots of support to give as well! :) Let me know if you're interested!!! :) I look forward to talking with all of you and becoming a part of something that will change our lives!! :) :hug:

snuggle
07-31-2006, 03:50 AM
I'm 22 but only have about 50 more lbs to lose now, but I'm also trying to make it go away by December 31st. I'm working out 4-5 times a week for 30 mins and usually doing 1100-1500 cals per day. Any one of you want a buddy PM me! Had one before but she disappeared. :o

Neleh
07-31-2006, 05:30 AM
I'm losing steadily, two to three pounds a week. I'm actually enjoying exercise which is a new thing for me, it's always been too much effort for me before. Still feeling very positive and looking forward to fitting into a smaller size in clothes. This place is great as I feel encouraged to stick with it and I don't want to let my fellow chicks down.

Megan2006
07-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Welcome dfant80, snuggle & ktruley!!

I went to a party on saturday and did not have one drink! Didn't want the extra sugar in my system. :carrot:
Instead of having ice cream, I had a fat free popsicle too. You know what? it tasted way better than ice cream would have..
how was everyone's weekend??

judee18709
07-31-2006, 09:15 AM
hey everyone-
i am 21 yr old and i have 85 pounds to lose or more. I would love to join this thread, and join in with all the weight lose thats going on. So far i've lost 13 pounds and now i need the motvation to keep going. I would really like to lose at least 35 more pounds by dec, like you Megan. I hope i can do it. I am going to drink more water, excerise a little more and count calories

Sw-272.5
cw- 257.0
gw- 185

Megan2006
07-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey judee18709!! Glad you came here! You're definitely in the right place!!

pigginpodgey
07-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Ok so i know i said i was going to wait 10 days :o

But i couldnt help myself, those scales were winking at me!! But Im pleased though because ive lost 3lbs and 3/4 ( the 3/4 of a lb is very important!!! :D )

I know it sounds a lot, but I seem to lose a bit in the first week that I get back on track - then it slows down to about 2lb a week. I am desperate to get this 14lb gone, and get onto to the next stone.

I feel like it might be more "possible" that I can reach my goal if I can just lose this first stone, I am going to keep up my 21 day challenge, and see where it gets me!!

Have a great day everyone!! :hug:

Megan2006
07-31-2006, 10:35 AM
CONGRATS pigginpodgey!!!!!! Keep up the great work! :hug:

pigginpodgey
07-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks Megan2006 - congrats to you for controlling yourself at the party, i wouldnt have been able too!! I turn into a hermit when Im being healthy!!

I had a very good weekend, had some younger male interest on friday, in fact some serious chatting up- but he is only 18, just a little too much "Mrs Robinson" in the Graduate I think!!?? But he is very cute, and I enjoyed it very much!! Very good for boosting my ego if nothing else!!

How was everyone elses weekend?!

Megan2006
07-31-2006, 11:43 AM
ohhh you go girl!! way to have the younger men after you! Definitely a good ego boost.

pigginpodgey
08-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey everyone

I am tired this morning, lets hope i dont reach for something sugary to give me a boost :(

So its DAY 9: of the challenge, doesnt time fly! I feel like i have done well so far, I had a couple of treats on the weekend, but nothing serious, not like i usually do anyway!!

Only thing i need to step up is my water, I find it hard to drink lots of water in the winter - its just to cold here to be sipping cold water!! I might try some hot water with lemon in it to flush out my system.

Im going to the gym tonight, have a vegetable pasta for my lunch, not sure whats happening for dinner yet. Have a good day everyone - how is everyone else getting on challenge wise?!

Megan2006
08-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!
I have such a migraine today :( I can't seem to concentrate on anything..
My challenge is going pretty good! I have veggie pasta for lunch too :D
I need to drink more water though, I'm slacking in that category! Other than it's goin' good!!
Everyone else??

lovegoddess1977
08-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Hello everyone...

Mind if I join?? LOL

I am 28 years old and have 173lbs to lose. WOW!! I have been obese all my life. I have tried almost every single diet out there. Sure I lost some weight on them but I couldn't maintain. My motivation was never where it should have been. I even lost 120lbs one time. I felt GREAT! But I went through a really bad time and I gained it all back plus more. I can't believe that!!

I am so motivated. I am so sick of being fat and being limited on what I can do. I hate being as big as I am. I feel disgusting.

I am counting calories and fat grams. (In all my diet days, this was the ONLY plan that worked well for me). All the other ones left me feeling miserable. I walk 1-2 miles a day. Also, I do one of the biggest loser DVD workouts each day. And the wonderful thing is that in the past week , I have lost 7 lbs.

I drop weight really fast in the first month and then I lose slower. We can all do this. We can succeed!!!!!

Megan2006
08-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey lovegoddess1977!! Welcome to our humble Forum :D
Counting calories and fat grams is perfect! Sometimes it takes a while before you figure out what really works for you..

My mom really discouraged me yesterday.. she was fitting me for an outfit, and taps my stomach and tells me that's where I need to lose weight. I HATE when she does that. It's bad enough admitting I have to do it, but I don't like to be reminded...

Just finished a strawberry Blueberry Protein shake.. it was good!!! I might make that my regular breakfast

pigginpodgey
08-01-2006, 12:16 PM
welcome lovegoddess1977!!! We are all in the same boat, and Its really encouraging to know that there is support here when you need it!!

djs06
08-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Megan, that sounds like my mom! Ever since she had wls and lost a lot of weight, she thinks it gives her the licesnse to make comments about my weight. Ugh.

RowansMommy
08-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Hi all I am new here. I did Weight Watchers @ work program before I got pregnant and lost around 25lbs. I had my daughter 3 weeks ago and lost all of my pregnancy weight within the first 2 weeks. I am starting to do the Weight Watchers plan on my own until I get back to work.

Everyone is so motivating and I look forward to going through this journey with people my age and with around the same amount of weight to lose!

To join in with the crowd I am setting a couple of goals for myself

1. Exercise at least 4 days a week for the next 21 days
2. Drink all of the water I should be drinking. Hope it helps with this heat!

Good luck everyone!

Kreen
08-01-2006, 11:39 PM
I am new too. just turned 29. Lost 40 lbs in the last 6 months, and still have 75 to go. Glad to meet all of you! Feel free to messenger or e-mail me anytime!

JasonsLea
08-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Shari and I just turned 20 last weekend. I have about 100 to lose too. Hey Courtnie!

Megan2006
08-02-2006, 08:55 AM
GOOD MORNING!!!!! :carrot:
How's everyone doin' today? It's soo hot here today! going up to 50 something (at least it will feel like it.).. needless to say I'm staying indoors!

My diet is starting to take a downfall.. I ALMOST feel like I'm losing confidence in myself. Thank goodness you girls are here! You keep me motivated. I need to go grocery shopping soon, to get food that I can actually eat!! Want to stay away from processed stuff. Starting my Xenical soon, a little nervous :^:

pigginpodgey
08-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Come on megan2006!! Keep on plugging away, we cant have you losing your motivation, your the only who posts here as much as I do - I need the company!!!! :D

Im a little jealous of your heat, its pretty darn cold here, but then again I spose when you guys are having a wintery and cold christmas, we will be enjoying summer, so every cold has a silver lining!!!

Megan2006
08-02-2006, 09:17 AM
I'll send you some of the heat ok??? :D
I'm in an air conditioned office so I'm okay for now, but once a leave I'll be hot. So if I don't post after today it's because I melted outside.

I go in spurts when I'm dieting. One day I'm totally motivated and ready to go, but then if I eat something I shouldn't have, I lose all willpower. It's a vicious cycle I tell ya!

How's your diet going pigginpodgey??

pigginpodgey
08-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Diet is going pretty good, yesterday wasnt that great, but It could have been worse!! I havent managed any exercise this week yet, so Im off to the gym and swimming today after work - i have found that because of all my years of yo-yo dieting my metabolism has taken a battering, and now I cant lose weight unless i exercise - which i guess is a good thing, because thats how your supposed to do it!!

Im the same, if i eat one thing "bad" i think to myself " well ive blown the diet might as well just go and eat EVERYTHING now"! I still struggle on not letting one bad day ruin all my efforts, its hard, but i think its perhaps key to getting the weight off and not gaining it all and more back on.

Do you have a "day off" during your week with your diet?! I have saturday "off" where im allowed to treat myself, it seems to work for me as then i dont feel deprived and tempted to binge through the week.

Hmmm not so sure this was a "quick reply" at all !!

Megan2006
08-02-2006, 09:38 AM
No I don't really have a "day off".. but that's a good idea. I'm going to have to figure out which day that should be. I'm not getting my exercise in either, and I feel like a slob!!

Glad to hear your diet is going well :D

RowansMommy
08-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I do a "diet day off" as well, no point counting! It gives me something to look forward to and helps me not give into those cravings during the week.

The heat is unbearable here as well, I will gladly send some your way pigginpodgey!

Have a great day everyone!!

djs06
08-02-2006, 12:25 PM
The "day off" sounds like a good idea for people who can bounce right back the next day. I am not one of those people. LOL. one day turns into three weeks. I wish this were different hahah. Megan, where are you from? It's disgusting here too. On the plus side, it seemed everyone took the day off from the gym yesterday so it was pretty empty. :)

How is everyone doing?

Megan2006
08-02-2006, 12:54 PM
I haven't been to my gym in a while (I know I know.. it's horrible..) But I'm sure people don't want to sweat voluntarily if they can just go stand outside *lol*
I'm from Ontario Canada, and it's hotter than blazes here! :devil:

JasonsLea
08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey everyone! I hope everyone's having a good day!

Megan ~ What's Xenical?
pigginpodgey ~ I'm glad you are doing so well on your diet.

It is hot as **** down here too. I haven't been to the gym in awhile and yeah I feel crappy about it. Maybe if I get enough sleep tonight, I'll have the energy to go tomorrow. We'll see.

Megan2006
08-03-2006, 08:31 AM
JasonsLea - Xenical is a prescribed weightloss drug that blocks 1/3 of the fat you take in. The doctor recommended I take it for a bit, so we'll see how it goes.

pigginpodgey
08-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Morning everyone!

Feeling virtious (sp?) today as my friend and I went for an hour power walk last night ( and it was drizzly rain!) and today im feeling good, apart from a blister on my toe!! But I can live with that, I would put up with a few blisters if it meant i could lose some wobbley bits!!!
Im going swimming tonight, I am so determined to get this 1lb off this week!!! I am desperate to get to the 14lb lost part!!

Have a good day everyone!!

lovegoddess1977
08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Great job everybody!!

The past few days have been really good! It's soooo hot here lately!

I have been eating healthy but good kinda healthy. Plus I have been exercising so much. I feel really good and I have lost 9 lbs this week! WOW!! I knew that I would lose alot of weight my first month then I will start to slow down.

I am eating about 1400 -1600 calories a day. Plus all the exercising. I am really trying to get down to at least 299 before school starts. I have about 3 1/2 weeks left!

One of my secrets is that I take one of those One a day: Weight Smart vitamins each day and I feel so good and energized!

I am getting ready to do my Biggest Loser workout for today! Here's to sweating! LOL

RowansMommy
08-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Wow lovegoddess1977 9lbs this week is great!!! Keep up the good work and I don't see that there would be any problems meeting your goal for the start of school.

Do the One a Day Weight Smart just give you an energy boost (not that that is a bad thing) but do they have any other advantages?

lovegoddess1977
08-03-2006, 11:16 AM
They give me an energy boost but also it is a multivitamin. It has almost everything in there that I need for the day. My B vitamins, magnesium, iron, just about everything. I feel better ever since I have been taking them. Before I was down and slouchy and everything but now I just feel better. I can't really describe it. :) I have more energy. I'm happier. Well, I guess I should contribute some of that to my Zoloft..LOL!!! Also it has some kind of vitamin or something that raises your metabolism which I really need! You should give them a try if you want to! They are definitely helping me!

RowansMommy
08-03-2006, 11:59 AM
I will have to try them. I just had my daughter 3 weeks ago and I sure could use more energy! Thanks for the information.

Megan2006
08-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Good Morning Ladies, how's everyone doing today?
It's a bit of a down day for me, not too sure why. Maybe it's this stupid weather we're having in Ontario lately. Yesterday was blistering hot, and today is pouring rain. I feel a little sluggish as well, not a good thing!
I'm re-starting my 21 day challenge, and gonna go hard at it. No more excuses!!!!!

My goals: drink ALL my water..
do some form of exercise every single day, tired or not!!

Let's see if I can do this...:^:

pigginpodgey
08-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Im TIRED!! Only 2 more hours til work finishes. Ive lost count of where I am on my 21 day challenge, I think Im on Day 11. Ive had a few little blips, but overall Im pretty happy with how Im getting on.

I always get a depressed though when i think about how i let myself get to my highest weight (252) in the first place. I intend to never ever be that heavy again. I must have really disliked myself to let that happen, im guessing this is what its all baout loving yourself enough to love you body too huh?! I wish my body would get real affectionate and lose this weight faster!!! LOL!!

hope your all having a good day.

BridgetV
08-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Hello Everybody!
I am new here and also have over 100lbs to lose. I'm 28 years old and feel quite determined this time as I feel I now have something to work for.
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the longest time and all of the sudden it happened. Unfortunatly, I miscarried at 6 weeks mid July.
I have no idea if my weight was a factor in the m/c, but I have read that it can be. I just want to take better care of myself and get down to a healthy weight so I can bring a healthy baby into the world.
I hope you'll accept me into your group :)

pigginpodgey
08-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Welcome BridgetV, so sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

This the place to get healthy with plenty of support!!

Kreen
08-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi BridgetV,
SOrry about your miscarriage. Losing weight will surely help. We are close in weight, age and location-I also live in Jersey. Send me an e-mail or private message so we can link up, ok?

JasonsLea
08-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Megan, thanks for the info. :)

Lovegoddess, WOOOT Congrats! I was thinking about trying the one a day. How big is it? My mama takes these multivitamins that she buys in bulk at Sam's Club. I used to take them but I stopped because they are so HUGE! I want a normal sized vitamin to take.

Welcome Bridget! Sorry about your baby. :(

Megan2006
08-04-2006, 08:22 AM
:hug: I'm so sorry to hear about your baby Bridget, I'm here to talk if you ever need me!!
Way to go deciding to better yourself, not only for you, but for potential babies :carrot: That's a big reason why I want to lose weight as well. I want to know I've done everything to keep myself healthy so when the time comes and I want to get pregnant, I know I'll be ok.
WELCOME!!

lovegoddess1977
08-04-2006, 10:51 AM
BridgetV...Welcome and so sorry to hear about your baby. We are all here for you!

JasonsLea... Thank You so much. The pills are pretty big but well worth it. I just swallow one first thing in the morning and then I know I don't have to take another one until the next day! You can even break it in half and take two smaller ones.

I am happy to say that I lost another pound. WOW That's 10 lbs in about a week. I can't help it I weigh myself everyday. I know you aren't suppose to but I do. It helps me to determine if what I did the previous day had a positive or negative effect on my body and then I adjust my self around it.

I know I'm losing it pretty quickly but I have a ton to lose! When I lost weight before I lost like 25 or 30 lbs the first month. Then I slowed down after that.

I ate a fatty high cal breakfast today and I didn't mean to. I was craving. Afterward I felt really guilty but I just told myself that today is my treat day. One day a week I have a treat day. I can eat ANYTHING I want for that day but it has to be for a meal. Like I would eat normal for breakfast and lunch and then eat whatever i want for dinner. It works and I look forward to it every week.

Well, everyone take care!!!

pigginpodgey
08-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Good for you lovegoddess losing all the weight so far!! Your doing really!!

I agree with the "treat" day thing, I cant survive without it!! Otherwise my cravings get too much and I end up stuffing my face : ( but we keep battling away trying to get into those smaller pants!!!

Have a good weekend everyone, and stay OP!!!

BridgetV
08-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Thank you all. I appreciate the words of support. :)

schwally
08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Hello everyone,

I am 22 and have about 130 more pounds to lose, I start back in May by counting calories I was not exercising unit recently. I started working out on my elliptical machine five to six days a week for 45-60 minutes, I also started doing Pilates once a week for about 50 minutes. And now I am not sure how many calories I should be eating a day? Before I was working out I would eat about 800-1000 calories a day (20% Fat, 40% Carbs and Protein), but know since is started exercising I have been trying to eat about 900-1200 (30% Fat, 30% Protein, 40% Carbs). I am not sure how calories I should be eating?

JasonsLea
08-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Go LoveGoddess Go LoveGoddess!

Welcome Amanda!

Welcome Schwally! I have NO idea about calories. I suck at math. Big numbers scare me. LOL That's why I do Weight Watchers.

JasonsLea
08-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Just did a improptu WI and see that I've lost 1 lb!

lovegoddess1977
08-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Great Job JasonsLea!! Every pound is a victory! By the way... I LOVE Brangelina.. LOL I am NOT an Aniston fan at all!! I think I am the only one around here who isn't! LOL

Great job everybody...and welcome Schwally... I think that you are eating too few calories. You should never eat less than 1000 calories. Too little. Anybody have any more information about how many calories one should consume?

JasonsLea
08-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Great Job JasonsLea!! Every pound is a victory! By the way... I LOVE Brangelina.. LOL I am NOT an Aniston fan at all!! I think I am the only one around here who isn't! LOL

I thought I was the only one! LMAO! I've been an Angie fan since before I can remember and nothing is going to change that. She would have to be a baby killer or something for me to hate her. I support Brangelina but I'm an Angie fan first and Brad better hold on to the best thing that has ever happened to him for dear life! JMO of course. :D

lovegoddess1977
08-05-2006, 12:45 AM
I so agree!! Angelina is the best! I love her movies!! And all the good that she does is phenomenal!!

JasonsLea
08-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Amen!

Platinum
08-05-2006, 03:20 PM
ME TOO!! ... 5 months, 50 months.. it can be done with sheer determination. Problem? THE DETERMINATION PART *lol* I'm still finding it.. HELP!!

Hi Megan2006 and everyone else! I'm 25, I've struggled with my weight since I graduated highschool in '99. I was about 138 then and I thought I was a cow! I ballooned up to 180 with in a few years and then within a few more I was in the 220's. I've been strugglin in the low 240's the past year and I just got on the scale this morning and it said 249.4lbs!!! This is just ridiculous.:mad: The last 4 years I've been trying to lose weight and now I've gained about 70 more instead! WTF! So my goal is to not see 250 and to get down to 150. So I've got 99.6lbs to lose! I don't want to spend the last 4 1/2yrs of my twenties this fat anymore! I too hope to lose some weight before Christmas/New Year's time. That's 20 weeks. I could lose 30-40lbs if I put my mind too it and get my *** in gear. I would like to start using my treadmill again and I need some advice on eating. I don't know where to start or what to do. Well that's not true, I know exactly what I need to do I need to stop eating out nearly everyday and incorporate exercise into my life. I need some of this will power dust!!! I hope to find some here on this forum and in all of you!

Platinum
08-05-2006, 03:30 PM
I love Brangelina too! Angelina Jolie is my favorite actress, I love all her movies from Hackers to Mr. & Mrs. Smith! And everything in between! Brad Pitt is hot as well and I love that they got together. They are way better than when he was with that stuffy Aniston. Don't get me wrong though I loved her as Rachel on friends and hope she's happy with Vince Vaughn, but Brad and Angie are the hottest couple on earth!

JasonsLea
08-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Welcome Platinum!

mary27
08-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone - I'm Mary, 27 with 150 lbs to lose.
I've been overweight for as long as I can remember and it really gets me down - especially when I think about how many times over I could have lost this weight. I always start diets well - but if I have a bad day and eat something I shouldn't have, I drift back to all my bad habits.

I am hoping that talking to all the great people on this site will keep me motivated this time to stick with it!

JasonsLea
08-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi Mary! Welcome to our lil clique. :)

KateRN
08-06-2006, 08:16 PM
.......it really gets me down - especially when I think about how many times over I could have lost this weight. I always start diets well - but if I have a bad day and eat something I shouldn't have, I drift back to all my bad habits.

i wish i had a dime everytime i think about this!! heck, if had stuck to my diet plan 8 months ago, i'd be at goal by now!!

just keep at it!! i check this board several times a day and everyone here is so supportive and inspiring!! you can do it!! and welcome!!:carrot:

JasonsLea
08-06-2006, 11:03 PM
I love lollypops! I had the most horrific craving for sugar today. I was THIS close to eating a Twinky or some ice cream but I resisted. The craving went away then came back several times. Finally I went and begged my mama for one of her coveted suckers. She gave me one thank god and the craving FINALLY went away (for only 1 pt)! YES!

lovegoddess1977
08-07-2006, 02:22 AM
I was craving pizza so bad and I finally gave in and ate a piece. The funny thing was it just wasn't worth it. I felt so guilty. I ate about half a pice and said... Why am I eating this? And I tossed it. That makes me so happy!!!

mscptnobvious
08-07-2006, 05:07 AM
hey everyone... it's been a while since i posted. looks like everyone is doing awesome with their diets! very cool... i'm down 2 more pounds this week, pretty exciting. keep up the great work ladies

pigginpodgey
08-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey everyone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend?! Just wanted to weigh in, im very pleased i lost some pounds this week! I will be back later, better go do some work first!!

lovegoddess1977
08-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Well, I feel that I did really good the past couple of days. I do have one sweet surrender. I have to have regular ranch dressing on my salad. Fat free and lite ranch taste absolutely DISGUSTING to me. I use the full flavor kind but I only use a small amount. I always put cottage cheese on my salad and it mixes with the ranch and makes it seem like there is more. That was my little thing that I had to confess. LOL!!!

JasonsLea
08-08-2006, 12:27 AM
LG, you GO girl! Toss that pizza! Ewww, cottage cheese?

I hope everyone had a good day today. I did okay. My blood sugar level went WAY down around 8:30. I was shaking and stuff. Luckily, I saw my mama in on one of the floors while I was delivering a patient's tray and she gave me some money to get something and after I got off, I went to the canteen and brought packets of those snack crackers for the rest of the week. I forgot that I have to eat every three hours. I haven't been and I think that is why my weight loss has been non existant. That and the horrible eating. LOL

Megan2006
08-08-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm so glad we're all here for eachother!!! Don't you find it so much easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you know there are people who are doing the same thing??? :carrot:
I haven't posted in a few days, but I've been out of town :D I'm sticking with my diet though and I'm proud to say I didn't cheat! I've convinced my mom to "diet" with me for one full month, I figured this could motivate herself.
How was everyone's weekend??

pigginpodgey
08-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Totally agree with megan2006, it makes you accountable as well, and you get the urge to confess all LOL (jasonslea1977!)

Ok so i had a really good weekend, the younger guy was hanging around again, he was at my house all day on sunday after a party on saturday night - im loving the attention!! LOL!! Its also good for my weight loss, because when im feeling good about myself I tend to eat less, so lets hope my ego gets boosted a little more!!

Diet seems to be going pretty good so far, I am going to pump up the exercise this week, the pounds seem to be dropping quickly at the moment, and I am really frightened of the loose skin that i could end up with, so im determined to try and get toned as the pounds come off.

Ive lost complete track of where I am on the 21 day challenge, but it was useful to keep me really focused for the first week.

Whoops this was meant to be a "quick reply" honest!! Have a god day everyone!!

bep
08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi there chicas!!! I haven't been on this thread for a while! Sorry! Ya know...I only lost a total of 4 lbs in July! UGH!!! NOT good! Time to kick it up a notch!!!

Megan2006
08-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Hey Bep! 4 pds is better than no pounds - gotta think of it that way :carrot:

mama730
08-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Well, I feel that I did really good the past couple of days. I do have one sweet surrender. I have to have regular ranch dressing on my salad. Fat free and lite ranch taste absolutely DISGUSTING to me. I use the full flavor kind but I only use a small amount. I always put cottage cheese on my salad and it mixes with the ranch and makes it seem like there is more. That was my little thing that I had to confess. LOL!!!

I normally have to use regular ranch also...but I found some really great tasting light dressing...it's Kraft Light Done Right 3 cheese ranch. It's delicious! And it literally has half the calories as regular ranch. I think the fact that it has the 3 cheese flavor also makes it taste better. Normally, to me, light or fat free ranch tastes really bitter...but this is awesome.

bep
08-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey Bep! 4 pds is better than no pounds - gotta think of it that way :carrot:

DEFINITELY!!! Just wish I would have pushed myself to do better.

JasonsLea
08-09-2006, 02:40 AM
So today was EXTREMELY stressful. I can't get into details right now since it's after midnight and I SO need to get to bed, but basically two of my head supervisors were being *******s. But they are soon going to learn that I am not the one! I document everything so I WANT them to try me! Anyway, I left furious and the first thing I thought of was candy and Taco Bell. But you know what I did? I sat in the car and ate my usual sandwich then ONE WW mint chocolate. I was still pissed and of course still was craving so instead of heading over to Taco Bell...I went to sleep. Yep, I pushed that seat back and went to sleep! I woke up like thirty minutes later as my mama was calling my cell and she let me SCREAM at her about my shitty day. I felt better, not craving, but I was making excuses for not going to the gym. As I was making the excuses, I was getting changed into my gym clothes in the back seat. Then I kept telling myself over and over and over again 242, 242, 242, 242 ,242 as I got out the car and walked out the parking garage. Why? Because my WI for today came in at 242.6 Next thing you know, I'm off the bus in front of the gym. I let myself think again about my *****y sups, got angry again, and spent the next hour lifting more weight than I have EVER lifted and half jogging on the threadmill. And yes, I DO feel pretty damn good.

Megan2006
08-09-2006, 08:37 AM
JasonsLea - sorry to hear about your day girl :hug: I hate those kinds of days, where once one thing goes wrong, everything else seems to as well. I hope today is much better for you. And way to go about going to the gym! I know for myself that the last thing I would have done is go to the gym. I'm proud!! :carrot:

trulythinwithin
08-09-2006, 09:36 AM
What a great place to be if you want support to lose the weight! I started 2 days ago. Right now I am 203, and looking for 150. Eventually I'd like to go down to 115, but a smaller goal works better for me right now. Come here when you are feeling less confident! I am hoping the best for you!:dizzy:

Megan2006
08-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Welcome Trulythinwithin!! You're right, this is a great place to come for support! Having a bad day? we'll cheer you up!! Have some exciting news?? We're hear to listen :carrot:
I have family down this week, and I'm actually still eating clean!!! I'm really going to focus on it when they're gone though, it'll be easier..:D

trulythinwithin
08-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks Megan, and what an obstacle with family here. Good job! I read in wyllenn's post about committment. That is what it is going to take from me, a true look at it. One pound down, 53 to go. It all starts with one!

pigginpodgey
08-09-2006, 12:49 PM
hey, just checking in - I am having a really good phase of "healthy living" at the moment, so i have to make myself keep coming on here, because when i stop getting all the motivation and support, thats when my *** usually exapnds again!!!

I am bumping up the exercise this week, my goal is to exercsie 3-4 times this week, tonight will be my second time this week.

How is everyone getting on being healthy?!

Megan2006
08-09-2006, 01:47 PM
*lol* i laughed outloud when I read your comment pigginpodgey! "when i stop getting all the motivation and support, thats when my *** usually exapnds again!!!" so true!!!!!!!!
Had subway for lunch today, it was awesome! I think I could live off that..:carrot:

bep
08-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Ya know what? I think this thread should be it's own sub-forum club under the support group! It seems we definitely have a 'club' of sorts going on here! Maybe a Moderator can move this thread there and create a 'spot' for us? Anyone else agree?

Megan2006
08-09-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm so glad I started this thread!! I agree Bep, we should get this one moved for sure :D
How has everyone else's week gone so far? Can you believe we're more than half way done the week? :carrot:

JasonsLea
08-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Today was okay, not eventful BUT SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!!!! YES! My little brother and sister are out the door! *evil laugh*

Megan2006
08-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Good Morning/Afternoon Ladies!!

I have a confession: I ate ice cream and pizza last night :^:
By the time I got home from work, i was sooo exhausted and my sister in law suggested pizza.. and then we got ice cream. I just had to tell you guys, I couldn't help it :(

Today is a new day though, no more cheating!! I'm making sure I drink extra water though, to sort of make up for the cheating last night..

JasonsLea
08-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Megan, no biggie. I had ice cream yesterday but I ate healthy all today. Life goes on. :)

philosophygrl
08-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi all, I decided to post a message on here. I'm 22 years old. I've been overweight basically all my life. I got fed up with it a couple of months ago, and I've been on plan since then. I'm following Weight Watchers. I'm loving the program. I've lost 18lbs so far. I've also been working out 3 times a week.

It's hard being this young and being this big. I feel like I've missed out on so much of my young adult life. I really didn't have a fun and memorable high school/college experience. I didn't go to any high school parties, dances, proms. I was in the band. I had friends that I hung out with, but we never did anything super exciting. In college, I never went to any college parties or did anything that most college age kids do.

Anyways, I can't change the past, I can only do what I can do today.

I wish all of you luck on this really long journey! :carrot:

lovegoddess1977
08-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey everyone! Great job to everyone.

How about I had a really great day yesterday! I ate healthy all day and I drank like 8 huge glasses of water. The best part was I did my biggest loser dvd PLUS I walked a mile and a half on the treadmill. Usually I only do one of them each day but I made myself do both. I feel pretty good today.

Philosophygrl..... I understand what you are talking about regarding missing out on things in your young adult life. The one thing that I miss is AMUESMENT PARKS!! I am too big to ride the rides. I haven't been on a roller coaster in years and I love them. Also, I have always wanted to buy the stylish clothes. Like OLD NAVY!!! I love them. I used to have a couple of their tee-shirts that were size 2X but I haven't been able to wear them in a long time. I would LOVE to go to Old Navy and have a huge shopping spree. As a matter of fact...that's what I am going to do. Once I lose my weight...I am going to go there and go crazy. I love their clothes!!

I feel like I am really on my way! I am sooo sick of being fat!!!

pigginpodgey
08-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey everyone
Havent here for a couple of days, work has been crazy, ick. Everything seems to be going well eating wise, have only managed to exercise twice this week due to serious lethargy. A nap on the sofa has been much more appealing!!
Somedays i get so cross with myself for putting onthe weight in the first place, but you know i was in a crappy relationship ( which i have only realised now its over) where he sapped my self-esteem and " fattened" me up, and i comfort ate my way through 4 years. But enough excuses, its only me who can change the size of my wobbley bits right?! So i need to get off my wobbley butt and do something about it!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Platinum
08-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi all again! I just wanted to say I've lost 10lbs! I'm so happy! I've been eating alot of Subway Turkey on Wheat Subs, getting alot of physical activity and feeling much better about myself. I think part of it was water weight because I had just gotten off that T.O.M. and (not that you need to know all this, but...) last saturday peed alot all day long. So I think I was retaining water. But I'm sure some of this weight lost is due to eating better and exercising more! Anyways I'm 10lbs to my 1st 25lb weight loss goal. Hopefully I can lose the 2.5lbs this week and be half way there!

pigginpodgey : I agree, time to get my butt off the computer chair and get up and get moving. I got alot of work to do I'm moving on Saturday.

philosophygrl: I feel the same way- I'm 25 and I want to lose this weight this year! I said it before, I don't want to spent the last 4 yrs of my 20's this fat anymore!!!! So I am, I'm gonna lose it for good!

Megan2006: It's all right. :) I was craving curly fries the other night so I went to Arby's and got a small order and went home and ate them with my healthy boneless skinless chicken breast and sauteed veggies! I savored every last bite!

To all: I do really like this thread! It has such a friendly vibe, I feel motivated after I've read it.

JasonsLea
08-11-2006, 07:51 PM
WOOOTTT Platinum! Congrats!

JasonsLea
08-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi all, I decided to post a message on here. I'm 22 years old. I've been overweight basically all my life. I got fed up with it a couple of months ago, and I've been on plan since then. I'm following Weight Watchers. I'm loving the program. I've lost 18lbs so far. I've also been working out 3 times a week.

It's hard being this young and being this big. I feel like I've missed out on so much of my young adult life. I really didn't have a fun and memorable high school/college experience. I didn't go to any high school parties, dances, proms. I was in the band. I had friends that I hung out with, but we never did anything super exciting. In college, I never went to any college parties or did anything that most college age kids do.

Anyways, I can't change the past, I can only do what I can do today.

I wish all of you luck on this really long journey! :carrot:

WELCOME sister! I understand everything you're talking about cause I went through it too (except for band...I worked). I still get depressed about my prom. :(

lovegoddess1977
08-12-2006, 10:06 AM
I am soooo excited... It's been a little over two weeks and I have lost 14 pounds!! YEA!!!!! Almost to my mini goal!!!!!

PinkBlossom
08-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi ladies! I'm 20 yrs old with about 85+ lbs to lose. Yes I know all too well the feeling of being "big" and "fat" all my life. It's time to break myself from that though so that is why I am here! This is definately the place to be for support. What's done is done...the only thing we can focus on is our future..Good luck all!

** Congrats lovegoddess that is awesome!!!

lovegoddess1977
08-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Welcome PinkBlossom!!!!

Just wanted to give the thread a little boost!! How is everyones weekend going?????????

TiffyTaffy
08-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Not to bad...was off my diet for a week :( , but I just started again yesterday.My birthday is tomorrow and I'm turning 21 and I'm still debating if I should go out a have some drinks,this is so hard.All my friends are like come on you only turn 21 once...what do you all think I should do?

Skittlez
08-13-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm 21, and I have around 100 pounds to lose. I lost it before, but gained it back in college and when my boyfriend passed away. I'm back on the bandwagon though, and I'll get there again, eventually. I, like a lot of you, have a long road ahead of me :-P Good luck to all of us!

knitbritt
08-13-2006, 09:58 PM
I too am in my 20s with over a hundred pounds too lose. I keep trying and do ok for a while but have never been able to get to my goal weight. I lose a little then gain it back. My motivation flags after a while. I am ready to try again though. Tomorrow it's back to the gym and then the diet starts back up (SB at payday) This board seems really friendly so I thought I would say hello and meet some of you all! If anyone is interested I would love some buddies!

JasonsLea
08-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Congrats LoveGoddess (what is your name?)!

Welcome PinkBlossom, Skittlez, and Knitbritt! What are all of your names? My name is Shari and I hope to get to know you all better. :)

TiffyTaffy, I say go out, have fun, have drinks if you want! Just don't let that one night turn into a month! LOL

Skittlez
08-14-2006, 01:31 AM
Nice to meet you Shari, I'm Heather :)

lovegoddess1977
08-14-2006, 09:58 AM
I say go for the drinks..you only turn 21 once!! We don't have to cut out EVERYTHING... lol I would just be mortified!!

My name is Rachel. A very common name for a very unique girl..LOL

bep
08-14-2006, 11:09 AM
YAY! Down 3 lbs this morning!!!

pigginpodgey
08-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Welcome new girls!!!

I had a good weekend, almost TOO good, I didnt lose weight this week, but then I didnt gain either, so im pleased with that. I need to get back into the exercise this week though, my aim is to shed 2lbs this week.

Im going on holiday 4 weeks from today, so i want to see how much I can lose by then. Its time i got a bit more hard core about this stuff, so far i have lost weight one week, stayed the same the next week, then lost again!!! So my aim for the next four weeks it to lose each week. I know its probably sensible losing, staying the same, losing; but im impatient!!! I want this fat off now!!!!!!

chrallen
08-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi,

I want to thank you all for your motivating words. I really enjoyed reading this board. I'm 24 and have lost 28 pounds so far. I roughly follow Jorge Cruise's 3 hour diet. It is very easy and healthy. If anyone is looking for something new to try I recomend it. I can't wait to make it to my next mini goal (40 pounds lost) so I can buy some clothes that will fit me now as my reward. To try and bump up the weight loss my goal is to eat soup and salad for one meal 5 times a week until I meet my next mini goal.
~Christi

c_laura
08-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone, I posted my own post and it was suggested I stop by here. So hi to everyone. *waves* I hope everyone remains motivated and does well this week.

JasonsLea
08-14-2006, 07:52 PM
YAY Heather and Rachel!

WOOOT you go Bep!

Piggin, take a deep breath! When you get impatient, you start to make mistakes that will only cause weight gain.

Hi Christi. Soup and salad? Would you be able to handle that?

JasonsLea
08-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Hi Laura!

SillyFluff
08-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Yay!! I found you guys. :)

Well I'm 23...I'll be 24 on the 31st of this month. I'm currently enrolled full time at a local community college. I've been unemployed since 7/29/06 when the best place I ever worked had to close down. I currently have about 105lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. Ive always been big. I just want to be thin for once. And I want to be able to buy clothes in the normal part of the store. Ya know? Anyhoo. I need suggestions as far as eating healthy. What is South Beach diet? Never heard of that one. I have a membership at golds gym. But I feel intimidated when I go because of all of the skinny people there. Any suggestions of things I can do at home? I have an exercise ball, some dumbells, and an exercise bike? ANyhoo. I'm off to get my stuff together because classes start tomorrow. See you laters later.

Tina

knitbritt
08-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi Shari! Good to meet you. My name is Brittney but you all can call me Britt.

The South Beach diet is one that emphasizes good carbs over empty carbs. It was developed for heart health but as a great side effect you lose weight especially in your belly area. The first two weeks are a detox.....and I'm not gonna lie it's hard. But you are retraining your body to use good foods and crave bad ones less. I'm not explaining it really well, but I definitely recommend the book. It makes alot of sense. I knew a lady who was a dietician and asked her what she thought about it. She said it was the only popular "diet" she would recommend and that is was very sound advice especially if you are trying to retrain your eating. Hope this helps! There is also the S.B. diet forum too

:o Managed to do 50 minutes of cardio today. Yay!:dance:

PinkBlossom
08-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Yeah I really just started my actual diet today, the fat smash diet. If you've ever seen celebrity fit club then you've probably heard of it. It doesn't seem that hard since I love fruits and veggies..but no coffee for 9 days is going to be torture..

Tina ~ "And I want to be able to buy clothes in the normal part of the store." --I completely understand. Clothes shopping is not fun for me, more depressing than anything but I guess we can also use that to our advantage to make us more motivated

Oh and my name is Michelle, hello Shari and everyone!

Skittlez
08-14-2006, 10:14 PM
I agree, clothes shopping is annoying. Everything I like won't fit me :-P In some ways that's part of what's motivating me. I would love to be able to wear what I want! :)

Megan2006
08-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Good Morning everyone!! and welcome to all who are new to this thread!
Today is day two on my Xenical, and it's going very well! No side effects or anything, and I've been super careful about my fat intake. They recommend you take three pills a day, but I'm cutting back a lot on my fat so I'll only take it during dinner (which is usually the one meal i have higher fat..) I'm going to weigh myself after work and go from there!
I had such a migraine yesterday, didn't sleep very well.. hopefully today goes a little better.

How is everyone's day going? :hug:

SillyFluff
08-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Start classes today. A little nervous. Other then that I'm good. :)

Skittlez
08-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Hope you feel better today Megan!

Megan2006
08-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Good Luck Sillyfluff! I'm sure you'll do just fine :D

Thanx Skittlez - I am feeling a bit better today, not too sure why I had such a headache the last couple days though. Maybe "the time of the month" (sorry girls, too much info there *lol*) is just kicking my *** this time.
I've completed one full day of healthy eating, so now I can do it. You know how it's sooo hard to stay on track that very first day but once you do it it's a breeze? Well I'm finally at that point - Thank goodness :carrot:

I'm totally with you on the clothes issue! I can't wait until I can go in any store and pick out anything I want. I always feel silly when xmas time comes and I ask for "XL" shirts or sweaters, I never dare ask for pants.

JasonsLea
08-15-2006, 11:43 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you all are doing great!

Welcome Tina. I totally understand about the clothes thing. But hopefully that will change with the new year. :)

Megan, I hope this Xenical does well for you.

Okay so TOM came yesterday and with him, water weight. WI today was 248 but screw that, I'm not changing my ticker when I KNOW it's water weight.

OMG today was SO kickass! Here's the blog I wrote about it:

I DROVE all the way from downtown Birmingham to the Superwalmart in Bessemer and back BY MYSELF! HA! Booyah! See when I got off work today, I went to the parking garage to eat my lunch like I usually do. I had been planning on going to Walmart to get some stuff and I was getting ready to leave and get on the bus when my mama called me. She asked if I minded staying in downtown till 6 because she had her Toastmasters meeting at 5. So of course I said yes because I had no way to get home (I mean, the bus doesn't run through PG). She asked me what I was going to do for the next couple of hours and I told her that I was going to Walmart cause I can spends months up in Walmart. So she was like okay and we hung up. I was tired and since we weren't leaving until 6, that gave me plenty of time to catch a quick nap (in which I had the freakiest dream; that's in another blog). So I napped for like an hour and when I woke up, it was about to storm. I got the umbrella out the trunk and started to leave the parking deck when for some reason, I just thought 'I should drive.' I didn't even think about it, I just went back upstairs, started the car, and left. Boom. Didn't even think. I drove myself to Walmart, PARKED between TWO cars, did my shopping, backed out the parking lot without hitting anyone or thing, drove to my dad's house in Bessemer, drove to Rally's, went to the gas station and put gas in my mama's car, then went back to the parking deck. When I got back, it was like 5:48 and the parking deck was empty so I decided to practice backing into the parking space. I got it right after the second time. **** YEAH! (BTW, I did all this in my mama's car but she doesnt know because she will TOTALLY kill me, so for those who know my mama, keep this on the down low, k?) I told my mama I did all this in Nikki's car and I'm going to try to get my license this week (she had already promised that I could use her car or the truck for that). So yeah, I'm on Cloud 9!

That gave me such confidence that I was grinning from ear to ear for the rest of the day and I called my friend Sunshine and told her YES, I will go clubbing with her on Saturday! I feel great, TOM be damned!

SillyFluff
08-15-2006, 11:58 PM
well classes were interesting.

This semester I'm taking Geology, survey of mathematics, intro to the new testement and psychology of adjustment. Its a full load 14 credit hours. Blech. Anyhoo. I'm a little concerned with the science. Today was our first class and it was a lab and we started off right with the one thing I failed in biology....periodic table stuff. LOL Oh well. I think I get it though. Dont know. Then after school I went to my ex-boss's house because her daughter turned 4 today. Didn't eat a whole lot and I didnt have a piece of cake. Very proud of myself. Well I'm off to bed now ladies because tomorrow I start early and have classes all freaking day. Grrr what was I thinking LOL

See ya

lovegoddess1977
08-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Well, today I did something that I NEVER do. I spent ALOT of money! I'm not a miser but I don't like to spend money cause you just never know when you are going to need it and I wanna be prepared. Well, I FINALLY bought myself a digital camera! I am so excited. I have always wanted one. It's a really nice one too. Anyhow, now I will be able to put my pic up...as soon as I figure out how to work it..!! LOL

Also, I went to Old Navy and bought myself some clothes. I wear a 3X but the highest that they go up to is 2X. So I bought jeans and a few tees. I came home and tried them on and they ALMOST fit!!!! I figure about another 20lbs and they will be perfect. That is my motivation to keep it up and lose that weight!!!!!

I cheated today. It was my day to. Now I start fresh tomorrow.

Well...great job everyone!! Welcome to the newbies!!!

JasonsLea
08-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Tina, I'm glad classes went well.

Congrats on the new camera and clothes Rachel! You're doing SO good!

Skittlez
08-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Sillyfluff, hope the classes go well for you, they sound interesting. Psychology of adjuctment especially, I wouldn't mind taking a class like that ^^

Shari, grats on driving :-P I was so scared when I started driving, afraid I would hit someone lol. It's really not that hard though, the hardest part is letting yourself believe you can do it, and it sounds like you got that down pat :D Good luck on your test, practice that parallel parking! (The one thing I had to try twice on the test to get, I hate it! And I haven't parallel parked since the test pretty much, stupid DMV!)

Lovegoddess, YAY! It's always fun to spend money sometimes :) Good luck on getting to where you can fit in those clothes comfortably! A good way to motivate yourself :)

Megan2006
08-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! I weighed myself this morning and I unfortunately have to move my ticker up :mad: But it's ok, because it's going to start goig down as of today!!!!
How was everyone's night last night??

Skittlez
08-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Awww, poor megan :( It's ok though, we all have bad times. It's important to just get back on track and keep going, even if we take a step back sometimes. That's probably one of the hardest things for me while losing weight, to not get discouraged when I make a mistake or gain a little. GOOD LUCK! You can do it!

My night wasn't bad... I didn't exercise like I wanted to, but I made up for it by taking a 40 min walk this morning :D

Megan2006
08-16-2006, 10:15 AM
That's an excellent way to make up for it Skittlez!! way to go!
I want to start waking up early and going for walks myself, sounds like it would be very refreshing.
What does everyone else do to get those extra minutes of exercise in??

c_laura
08-16-2006, 02:07 PM
I actually wake up about two hours earlier than I have to in order to go over to the gym to walk/jog (mostly walk). I've gotten to the point where I would rather go to the gym than sleep in (too much sleep makes me groggy). Without waking up early I know I wouldn't workout. Unfortunatly I'll have to figure out a new pattern when the school years starts.

chrallen
08-16-2006, 02:49 PM
JasonsLea: For me the soup and salad thing will be doable. I'm only doing for one meal (usually lunch) 5x a week. Mostly I will do it on week days if I need a non soup and salad during the week I will do it one weekend day. I only intend to do this until I meet my next mini goal. I'm only 10 pounds away!

Shari: Great job on driving! I hate to drive and I know how big an accomplishment it can be when you choose (or force yourself) to drive to a place you normally wouldn't.

As for the question about squeezing in excercise, I usually walk the dog around for at least 15 minutes everytime I take him out to use the bathroom. My husband and I also walk and talk at the end of our day. It is a nice way to catch up and destress. I'm thinking about buying an excercise ball for use during tv time. Does anyone have one? What do you think of it?

pigginpodgey
08-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi
I generally exercise for an hour, in the evenings at 7pm three times a week, this can be swimming, the gym or a walk. Depends what Im in the mood for really!! Its got to be something you enjoy though, and thats realistic for your lifestyle because otherwise you wont be able to stick at it!

JasonsLea
08-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks Heather and Christi!

I usually exercise at the gym everyday after work but I haven't this week because of TOM. I tried yesterday but I just couldn't.

lovegoddess1977
08-17-2006, 09:29 AM
I try to make sure that I exercise everyday however I didn't do it all weekend. LOL I just wasn't feeling it!

I have a little less than two weeks to drop 10 pounds. I gotta reach my goal. I will be so sad if I don't!!

PinkBlossom
08-17-2006, 12:21 PM
I exercise pretty late at 8/9ish everyday. I usually do an exercise tape with my mom, so if one of us doesnt feel like doing it we can motivate eachother to.

**Rachel you can do it! Even if its a little less than 10 lbs, just think how far you have come. I want to lose about that before school starts too, so good luck and stay strong :)

Megan2006
08-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the advice ladies!! I have to get out of the mind frame that it's only good to exercise in the morning.. it doesn't matter when you do it, as long as it gets done right???? :D

lovegoddess1977 - Good luck with your two week challenge!! I'm sure you can do it, but if for whatever reason it's a bit less than 10 pds, no worries! Be proud that you accomplished everything you have this far.

chrallen - I have an exercise ball and it's great for ab workouts, my dad has even started using one. It makes you stay balanced which works your core.
I'd recommend them, they're not expensive either which is a bonus.

gagurl78
08-17-2006, 05:53 PM
I am 28 and I am going to lose atleast 150 lbs by hitting up the gym and walking. I've set a mini goal of 40 lbs before 2007 rolls in.

Megan2006
08-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Good Morning!!! Guess what?? I got to work today and a few people were getting mcdonalds for breakfast, and I LOOOOOVE their breakfast. I drove there to help with the order, but I didn't order anything!! Nope, I stuck with my toast. That's huge for me!! A couple people think I'm stupid, but these are coming from super skinny people who can't gain wait if they tried..

How's everyone doing??

Neleh
08-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Wow, well done, I know how hard that would have been for you, I love MacDonalds breakfasts.

I'm pretty good right now, looking forward to a relaxing weekend with lots of exercise.

lovegoddess1977
08-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks everyone for your support!! I weighed myself yesterday and it had been a couple of days.. I LOST 5 POUNDS in two days! WOW!! Some people are telling me that I am losing it too fast but I can't help it. I eat right and I exercise. Plus one day a week I eatr whatever I want. That's 19 pounds in about three weeks!

Megan2006...congrats on passing up the McDonalds. They do have really good breakfast!!

I have a question... What does NSV stand for?? I must be out of the loop!!! LOL

Megan2006
08-18-2006, 10:11 AM
lovegoddess1977 - way to go on the 5 pds!!!! usually at the beginning you tend to lose some weight fairly quickly, so no worries!!
NSV - Non Scale Victory.
I can't wait until I step on the scale and can move my ticker down!! Maybe monday???????

I just realized in my last post I used "wait" instead of "weight".. wow, you can tell my mind is on the weekend *lol*

This weekend I'm not up to much myself, going out for dinner tomorrow night and just taking it easy. I want to go to the gym, but b/c I haven't been there in soooo long, I'm afraid they are going to look at me like "why are you even in here??" Hopefully I get over that soon :^:

Skittlez
08-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Awesome job megan, it's really hard to pass up food if you have to be in the car with it smelling it :-P So congrats on having really awesome willpower :)

Lovegoddess - that's amazing! Good work! Once your body gets used to the exercise and lower amount of calories you'll probably start losing at a slower rate, so enjoy it while you can :-P So don't worry about losing too fast at first.

I kind of have the same problem Megan. Plus I'm not sure I'd even be motivated enough to go to the gym often. I may weight till I lose a few pounds, then start going to help with toning mainly. Why pay to use a treadmill when I have perfectly good road outside to use :-P

Well, I was off my diet pretty bad the day before yesterday. So yesterday I exercised a lot, and still lost half a pound since last weighing myself. Not bad :) I'm so unmotivated to exercise today, hopefully I'll feel more like it later when I'm more awake :-P

Kinney
08-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Just joined today, almost 27 years old, and I saw this thread. It cheered me up to no end that I am not alone. I've heard it said more than once that's I'm not, but to hear other people's stories and get motivation without the utter humilation of hearing it from someone who wears a size 2 (that would be my coworkers). I think this place may end up being a little piece of salvation. Thanks everyone!

JasonsLea
08-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Kickass Rachel! Virtual high five! LOL

Megan, good for you! The only thing I let myself have at McDonald's in the morning is a hash brown.....and I haven't had one of those in months (my mama and me go there every morning to get her coffee).

Welcome GaGurl and Kinney!

akacutie
08-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi Ladies!
I have just read through your thread and feel like I know you! :) I love how supportive you are of each other:hug: I am just turned 26 (July 15) and am again trying another weight loss plan. I am doing WW at home. I just recieved my materials yesterday and today, Sunday, is my start day! I have been doing well so far. I went shopping with my mama last night and bought enough food for the week. (my mom did help buy some stuff as I am poor and moving into an apartment in 2 weeks... ahhhhh.... where will I find the money!!!)

I usually diet with someone ie my mom or my sister, but I am doing this on my own and would love the support of your little group here!

My all time high weight of 256 was a few months ago... I was doing SBD and got down to 242 which is where I am now after a few months of no dieting...(at least no gain). I want to get down to 200 and then go from there. I don't even want to think about a grand total for weight loss!!!! Scary!

I have real hard time balancing an active social life, which includes quite a few nights at the bar, eating out, etc and trying to lose weight... that was why I went of SBD...but with WW I can drink I just need to keep track of the points etc... a rum and diet coke at the bar (approx 1 1/2 oz) is 2 pts... ;) :devil: so I will still be able to hang, I just have to use flex points or eat a little less during that day...

Shari- I see your on WW too! How do you like it? This day one for me and I have never done this before.... do you attend meetings? What day do you weigh in?

I look forward to hearing from all of you!:cool:

angms
08-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi, I'm new, but thought I'd just jump right in. I've been doing weight watchers in the past, but have not been following it lately. I'm restarting tomorrow with an emphasis on less sugars/processed foods and mainly fruit, veggies and lean meats.

I'm 24 and have a short term goal to lose 50 pounds. I've never been below that weight, so that is a huge accomplishment to me.

SexxieScorpio
08-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey guys... just wanted to share something that helps me a lot...
In order for me to stay determined, motivated and inspired... I start Double Dares against me and other members (anything related to wl) and I start a group challenge on and offline.

When u join something like that--- u know that ur not alone and it gives u someone to report/talk to. If u know that u have to report to someone about ur eating, working out or blah blah blah... u know that u will do ur best because reporting great info that makes u look or feel good...
If u've done wrong... it'll help u understand when ur wrong and there will always be a great possibility that u'll never give into something bad again or ummm.. at least for a while LMAO . It'll keep u true to urself and others. ---I said that because No one wants to feel down. Right? ;)

*Another way to stay determined... write kind nothers to urself and tape them onto ur walls.

*Start a personal journal and write in it daily--- also jot down what u've eaten and ur workouts...

*Grab ur before pics and place them all over the place. Bet cha that'll work.

Hope it helps.;)

Pinkwhispers05
08-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Hello. I'm new. Well kinda, lol. I'm not quite 20, can I still jump in? I'll be 19 in 2 weeks, does that count? I have about 130 pounds that I'd like to lose, give or take 10. I'd be happy being 160 pounds and LOOKING good and feeling good. I'm not set with my 130 pounds, but I don't thikn I would like to weigh much less than that. I'm 5'6, 130 pounds is skinny enough for my height. I'm not currently on any diet. I've tried calorie counting, and South Beach diet, and calorie counting worked the best for me, but it was such a pain and I ended up eating the same thing every day because I knew how many calories that was lol. And at the end of the day, I ended up still needing to get in another 400 or 500 calories because I don't eat "normal" meals throughout the day like you're supposed to. I usually only eat once or twice a day, so that's where that 400 or 500 calories would come in, and that was on a 1400 calorie a day diet. I've since realized that I need to bump that intake up to about 1600, and start exercising, and I start college in 2 weeks, and I plan to do that. I also plan to start eating 3 sensible meals a day, and counting my calories, low saturated fats and low sodium, and low, if any sugars. And exercising every day. I have a membership to the Cardio Gym Membership at school, so I can work out everyday. There is also a "Hip Hop" group and "Aqua Fit" group, that are work outs in the water and a dance class, and I plan to go to those and work out there too! Lol I have all these plans, we'll see if they actually go through. I sure could use a buddy to help motive me. I'm sure for the first 2 or 3 days I'll be good, and go, but after that I might slack off, and have trouble getting motivated to go. Someone be my buddy please :-D

Megan2006
08-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Good Morning akacutie, angms, SexxieScorpio & Pinkwhispers05 and Welcome!!:hug: I hope this forum helps you guys with your weightloss journey.

akacutie - I have the same problem as you, balancing a social life and healthy eating. But as soon as you tell people that you're trying to lose weight, they back off. And after the first time you go out and control your eating/drinking, it gets easier each time.

SexxieScorpio - thanks for the advice!!

Pinkwhispers05 - of course you can come here!! Dont worry, we'll kick your butt into gear and get you into the gym!! :D

Trinity1004
08-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Hi all! I'm 27 and would like to lose 109 pounds. I've already lost 14 :carrot: may not be alot to some but it's a miracle for me :D . I've been married for 5 years and have gained that 109 pounds during my marriage...yuck! I have two kids, which is why most of the weight piled on. I had 3 pregnancies in 2 years, no time to lose any weight inbetween :( . I had a miscarriage at 3 months along. 4 weeks later was pregnant with my son and when he was 4 months old I was pregnant again:dizzy: . Now I am a stay at home mom with a 2 year old and a 3 year old :D . My major problem is getting in the time to exercise. The kids rarely nap during the day anymore :dizzy: . I like to do things with them but sometimes feel like they are holding me back as far like going for walks and stuff. I've managed to get my eating in control which helps sooooo much but feel really guilty if I don't get in a really good exercise. I'm just doing the basic watch cal and fat intake, seems to work best for me at the moment. Any advice from stay at home moms?? I look forward to advice, support, and getting to know you all!

God Bless!

pigginpodgey
08-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Morning everyone!

Welcome to all the newbies!!! I had an pretty bad weekend, lets just say I partied too much, and so it wasnt too much of a surprise when i stood on the scales this morning, im up a pound, but im really hoping thats water weight, or TOM which is this week ( too much info!! lol) anyway, i need to get back on track, i need to truly want this weight gone. I tend to get complacent when i lose some weight and put it all back on again, not this time!!!!!!

So anyway onto more interesting stuff, had a good weekend man wise, I was throughly kissed by a very cute guy ( hehe too much info again perhaps??!) Ive known him for years and it just kind of happened. I dont think we will date or anything, but its nice to feel attractive for an evening!!

Anyway better get on with some work! Have a good day everyone!

Megan2006
08-21-2006, 11:24 AM
pigginpodgey - you go girl!! way to hook up! Don't worry about a couple days of fun ruining your weight loss. Just get back on track today and it will be A-OK :carrot:

Trinity1004 - Hey Girl! Glad you found us! Sorry to hear about your miscarriage :hug: You've got your eating under control so you're on a great start!!! I bet you get more exercise with two kids than you think!! Maybe take them for a walk every night? That would be great exercise for you and it's something you can all do together maybe??

I had a good weekend, stayed on track with my eating, went to a movie and got popcorn MINUS the butter.. Small changes..I just need to get my exercise in, I'm getting lazy with it!!!!! :^:

chrallen
08-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Welcome to all the new posters! I thought I ate okay yesterday but I'm up a little this morning... I'm really hoping it was do my heavy salt intake yesterday. I ate a normal breakfast but I had a hotdog and 150 cals of potato chips for lunch, and one and a half pieces of pizza for dinner. I don't think I had a single vegetable all day! I ate no more than 1600 calories total though so I was hopeful. Oh well... today I'll make sure to eat a salad and drink a lot of water.

pigginpodgey: Congrats on a fun weekend! We can't be perfect all of the time right... Focus on healthy habits today and don't worry about the weekend.

Pinkwhispers05: Glad to have you here! I'd love to be your weight loss buddy. We have a similiar amount of weight we would like to use and we both have an uncertain final goal. Good luck with your weight loss!

SexxieScorpio: What is an example of a double dare you have done? Would you like to start one here? I think something like that would really motivate me. Thanks for all of your tips.

JasonsLea
08-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Welcome all newbies!

Tracy, I love WW! I used to attend meetings but I've been so busy lately. BUT I am rejoining the meetings in September. I got a postcard with a coupon for free registration in the mail the other day and I take that as a sign. Who am I to defy fate? LOL

Hope everyone has had a good day!

akacutie
08-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone!
Thanks for the welcome! Today was a terrible day at work. Two people were not there to help answer the phones (I work in a call center for an insurance company) It was just me and my boss on the phones. I answered about 250 calls myself today, my boss the same! ugh! NO FUN! I didn't even get to really do my other work! hopefully tommorrow. :mad:

My eating today has been right on track. I still have 5 points left for a treat later. hmmmmm....what will I eat.

Shari- I am liking WW better than SBD. It takes a little more work, but I like how there aren't any restricted foods. I found some crazy soy chips (3 points for 20) I ate them for lunch, but i am not sure if I like them or not?!! I guess I will have to try them again to be sure...(I bought a regular bag today)

I can't wait until my weigh on Sunday. I hope I have lost a few pounds, but I am guessing I will be down a few lbs because of how poorly I was eating for the last month or so.....:carrot:

Anyway I don't want to write a book....Talk to ya all later....;)

JasonsLea
08-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Tracy ~ Soy chips? I've seen some around but never tried them. That's how I feel about the V8 Fusion stuff. Tried it but not quite sure if I love or hate it!

Pinkwhispers05
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Do ya'll like weight watchers? You basically eat whatever your going to eat and then you figure out the points and you have to stick within a number of points for the day right?......But does it matter what you eat? I mean, obviously you have use portion control, and you have to cut down on calories and saturated fats and sugar and such, but basically you can have anything? I think theres a WW a couple miles from my campus, maybe that would be easier than trying to do this thing stag. I know ya'll are here to help, but I REALLY need people to kick my rear end in gear. I'll work out for the first 2 or 3 days, and I'll do good with a "diet" for 2 or 3 days, but afte rthat, I go right back to the "normal" and I need someone REAL, someome physical to say "put down that brownie and step away from the desserts" lol. Other wise, I'll eat it lol. Hmm. :) I did bad today. I had a beef philly and some french fries for lunch. I would have been good with the beef philly, lots of vegetables, but the fries ruined it. I also had 2 sodas, which killed it too. But even still. 8:12 and I'm just now going to get dinner. That's what happens when an 18 year old college kid works 2 jobs. I got home today and I passed out. I couldn't stay awake any longer lol.

lovegoddess1977
08-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Hello guys... Sorry I have not been on in a few days. Everything was going great and then TOM decided to show up. It's been a year now and it has to show up right when AI am on a roll. (long story)

Anyways, i ate way too much and haven't exercised in like 3 days so tomorrow is a new day. I just haven't felt like doing anything. Too tired and in too much pain.

Welcome to the newbies!! You have made a great first step!!!

SillyFluff
08-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey guys. I know I've not been on in a while. School is kicking my butt and I'm spending alot of time trying to find a job. I'm not eating that great because I don't know....something is not right in my head I guess. Because I know I'm not hungry yet I still eat. I can't control it. I'm trying. Anyhoo. I just wanted to hop on and let you know that I am still alive. I have a lot of work to do and tomorrow is my full day of classes so I'll talk to you guys later.

beautifulone
08-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Heya all :D I'm 22, with about 100-120 lbs I want to lose, and I'm about 5'5 or 5'6. I haven't really decided on a plan.. right now I'm doing cardio and working on including strength into that, while eating healthy. Though soon enough I think I'm going to start estimated calorie counting :) I'm also a full time student.

Just wanted to say hi! :D

akacutie
08-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Ahhh... Day 3 of Weight Watchers. All is well... I am well under my points for the day... I will have to eat a good snack to make it to 28!

PinkWhisper- I love WW so far. I don't attend the meetings right now though. I can't afford it. I bought the at home kit online! If I ever have extra money lieing around I will be at the meetings for sure. I think the counting is not very hard...you just have to remember to do it. No, you can eat whatever you want under the points limit, but they do recomend you get two servings of milk/diary and five servings of fruits and veggies a day. You should check it out. ;)

My day has gone great. I have went bed shopping today (on a tight budget!) I went to some "warehouse" it was interesting setup! The bed they had in the paper was not really described well.... I could have got a decent one for $300 (full). I ended up going to a salvation army store and suprise they had a Queen set for $99.99 and it was in good shape. The matterss was nice and quite comfortable. I was excited about it! I need a bigger bed before I move into my new apartment on Sept. 1st!!! Now I just need to find a nice couch/love seat at a second hand place and I will be all set!

How is everyone doing today?

JasonsLea
08-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Pink ~ I wished you lived nearby, I would be that buddy to physically kick you in the ***. :)

Rachel ~ TOM sucks such ***, doesn't he?

Silly ~ Nice to see you!

BeautifulOne ~ Hi!

Tracy ~ Good to see you doing well so far. Great buy! I'm moving into my own place in December.

JasonsLea
08-22-2006, 11:08 PM
I weighed in today at 244 which is good considering how I ate during TOM. Hope everyone is doing okay!

Pinkwhispers05
08-23-2006, 01:55 AM
Haha Shari, I too wish I lived close. That's deffinately what I need. Someone to kick me in the *** and tell me to get moving. Like I said, after the first 3 days, I'll be like *ugh im sick of eating chicken every day* so I'll eat aw hole pint of icecream and not work out, and that'll just be a downward spiral....I think WW would actually be really good for me. At least I don't have to eat the same stuff every day. I'll have to check it out!
Today was another crap day lol. What did I eat today??, Oh! lol. I had a sausage egg and cheese mc muffin, a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch, and 4 chicken wings, and 3 hardshell tacos for dinner....No exercise *sigh* Yeah i need someone to kick me in the rear end lol.

onestar
08-23-2006, 02:22 AM
hi, i'm 22 and wanting to lose about 50 pounds. i have tried many times and actually succeded about six years ago. i lost 40 pounds,got my first boyfriend, became very comfortable with the relationship, and basically let myself go. i gained it all back. tried a few more times aver the years. i lost about twenty last year but i still haven't gotten to where i want to be. going back on weight watchers tomorrow. back to the gym on friday. ugh!:devil: i hate the gym. anyways, later

Megan2006
08-23-2006, 08:38 AM
I LOST 3 POUNDS!!

I stepped on the scale and it's actually gone down! For a while there, I was wondering if it was broken or something *lol*

Welcome all newbies!!!! I hope we can all get to know you guys better :hug:

pigginpodgey
08-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Well done on the 3lb weight loss Megan2006!!! Keep up the good work and see the star go whizzing down!!!!

Welcome onestar and other newbies i may have lost track of along the way!!

Im on day 2 of my little 7 day challenge, and things are going well, im eating the right stuff, moving my butt, so hopefully there will be a loss on monday, fingers crossed!!

TiffyTaffy
08-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Does Anyone know if when switching diets should you wait a few days or can you go right into the new one?Does even matter?

pigginpodgey
08-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey TiffyTaffy, i dont think it really matters, i often go from low-fat to WW style diets and back again, depending on the mood, budget and my boredom threshold!! I get bored after a couple of weeks and have to change plans anyway! I dont think it matters, and might perhaps do your body good to have a change of menu, and your palate to of course!! If your not bored you will stick at the healthy eating for longer.

Thats just my opinion, I dont know the scientific facts or anything!! Hope this helps!!

TiffyTaffy
08-23-2006, 05:29 PM
I didn't think it mattered either but I just wanted to make sure.Thanks for your help.

Trinity1004
08-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Hey Chicks!

Thanks for the welcomes!

I am doing the good old watching cal and fat intake. I've been doing about 1300 cals and 25-30 fat grams a day( got those numbers form the Biggest Loser sight). Is that what I should be going? I am losing about 2 pounds a week which from what I hear is a good rate. I read everything and anything I can about weight loss BUT everything ya read says totally different things. There are days where I feel like I'm starving myself and other days I seem fine with the intakes. Anyone have some advice for me???

Thanks Girls! :hug:

akacutie
08-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Hello everyone!

Today is day 4 on WW. I am still loving it. Today has been great on points even though I have had a terrible/stressful day! SO that is the one postive thing that has happend to me!

I have to pay $350 to have my car fixed which he is 80% sure will fix the mysterious problem of car not starting once in a while! it is F***** nuts!!!!! This is the second mechanic I have brought it too.......... I swear everyone who has looked at my car is an idiot...... If the car still wont start once in a while I am going to sell it ASAP. :devil:

Today at work I have to train a new girl and can't get any of MY work done,which has to be done by Friday! I am coming into work before she gets there so I will have time off the phones and without here to get some done!!!! eeeeeeeeerrrrrrr... the only good part is I get overtime for this.....and extra $5.00!!:devil:

Finally the people at the Apartment complex won't give me final conformation that I am approved for my apartment... I have called them 2 days in a row and still haven't recieved a call back. They are like we will call you back later today!!! ha ha... tomorrow when I call back again to harras them.... I will find out!!!!!!!!!:?:

Okay- If anything else happens to me tomorrow I will go insane! Please send me postive vibes as I am having a hard time being postive right now....

Sorry to rant on so long... I feel a bit better...

Megan! Congrats on the 3lb loss! That is wonderful! :carrot:

TiffyTaffy- I agree I don't think it matters if you take a "breathing" period when you switch between plans. I almost always do as I have fallen hard off the weight loss track for many months.... AHHHHH!!!!!

How is everyone today? I hope well!!!!!

teacher29
08-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new here and I have about 100 -110 lbs to lose. I am 29 and just had my first baby. I was lucky and didn't gain weight during my pregnancy and I am actually a couple lbs less than when I started out. I hope to keep this going and drop the rest. I have tried numerous diets and exercise plans and have failed every time. This time I am looking for the support of others to help me on this weight loss journey.

I am happy to be part of this forum. Hope to get to know everyone here.

JasonsLea
08-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Pink ~ :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: How's that? STAY AWAY FROM MCDONALD'S!!! They are EVIL, EVIL!

Welcome Onestar and Teacher!

Congratulations Megan!

Tracy, rant away! It's better than eating away your stress!

lovegoddess1977
08-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Congrats Megan2006...great job!

Shari... I think that tom is almost over. Thank God! LOL

I have 5 more puonds to reach my mini goal! I can't wait to be in the 200's. That would be fabulous!!!

Platinum
08-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Hi guys!life. I am starting to get settled in to my apt. I started school and am trying to get adjusted to moving and the whole new situation. I left my scale back at me and my boyfriends house, but I'm going back this weekend to help him move to his new place and def need to get it! I wish I could weigh myself. I've went on a couple hour long bike rides , and have been huffing it around campus, plus tonight I went to my first cycling class tonight. It was for beginners but it totally kicked my butt. My legs felt like jello as I was walking to my car. I can't wait to start seeing the pounds melt off with all the new activity that will be in my life!
:bike2: :running: :ebike: :dancer:

Neleh
08-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Welcome to all the new people, and congratulations to all those people who've been losing.

I've been really pleased with myself recently, as I have been losing a steady 2 pounds a week on up to 1300 calories a day. I recently had a badish couple of days where I was eating around 1500 calories and discovered that I actually lost an extra pound a week, I realise now that I'd been preventing my body from all it needs. So I'm up to 1500 calories, and am getting the extra ones through things like fruit which is of course good for me.

Pinkwhispers05
08-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Trinity~ Let me give you the big rant speech that someone gave me not too long ago(cant remember her name lol) Starting out, 1300 calories is WAYY too low, firstly because anything under 1200 calories and your body is starving, you're on that path. You can continue to eat the 1300 calories and your body will stop "storing" the stuff you do eat and eventually start using it but it's going to get stored in the mean time. Secondly, because eventually you'll stop losing weight at 1300 calories, and you'll need to drop 100 calories or so in order to resume losing weight, which will give you 1200 calories, and there again weog back into the starvation mode. To be completely honest with you, I'm about 260lbs, and I according to everything I'VE read, I need to start at about 1800-2000 calories to begin losing weight, and when i stop losing, then i can drop it to 1700-1900 calories a day, and so on and so forth until I reach my goal weight, then I just keep eating that same amount of calories a day. I recommend you look through this board, and try looking at some more fitness sights again, if you got 1300 calories from biggest loser, they're insane. 1300 calories is meager. Nelah is a perfect example of what happens when you eat 1300 calories. She started losing MORE weight when she was eating 200 calories more. It's because eating 1300 calories, your boarderline of starving your body, and your body is taking every extra calorie and storing it as fat becuase it thinks its going to starve...When you bump up that intake, so your body doesn't think it going to starve, that fat you've been storing eating 1300 calories, starts to burn off, and you start to burn off extra weight too, giving her the extra pound she's losing. It makes sence if you think about it :) Just remember, you'll have to drop 100 calories eventually from your intake in order to keep losing weight, and if your at 1300 now, and you stop losing, you'll have to go to 1200, and then you'll be starving your body, and must make it worse. Read some more and find out what you should really be eating for calories because 1300 isn't a lot. Trust me, when you get the numbers back, you'll be like 1800 calories a DAY!? Are you nuts!? lol. Healthy food doesnt have that many calories in it for the most part, so it's relaly hard to get up to that 1800 calories, but you need to do it. (Think of it this way you get to eat more :) tehehe) If at the end of the day, you only have 1600 calories in and you need 1800, you can have a healthy snack that equals 200 calories, think apples and peanut butter ;-) lol. Plus, you can eat more often. You can have breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, and then after dinner snack, and you'll still be right on for your calorie intake. It's not about how often you eat, it's portion control, and your calorie intake. You can eat 6 times a day, as long as your eating the right portions, and your within your calories(within reason of course). Chances are you'll probably need to eat those 6 times a day to #1 get the calories you need and #2 to keep from being hungry. If you eat 1 chicken breast and 1/2 cup of carrots for lunch, that's not goign to keep you full very long, so you'll need to eat some little snack between lunch and dinner to keep you "full" It's when you get hungry that you get cravings and turn to junk food, so as long as you're staying satisfied, you're much less likely to eat potato chips and the like................God. I should take my own advice haha. ! :-D good luck hon!

Congrats to everyone who has dropped a few pounds! That is AWESOME! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait until i can start reporting that I too have lost some poundage hehe ~ 10 days till I leave! yay! i wish i could find smoeone to work out with. *sigh*

Trinity1004
08-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Pink thanks for your words of wisdom. Someone actually gave me the web sight for the Mayo Clinic which gave me the info I was looking for. It suggested around 1800 for my cal intake. I was not purposely harming myself by going with 1300 cals. I am not new at dieting but I am new at doing it right. I honestlly had no idea where to being which is why I posted and asked. I now know what my intakes need to be for a healthy weight loss. Thanks again for the "rant speech" (i think :) ) I was lead in the right direction and forgot to post my new found info. Soooo I will start with the 1800 and go from there. Sorry, I just want to do this the right way this time and just don't know how to do it. I've gone drastic and took pill and stopped eating at one point. That was stopped in the nick of time... I was driving and passed out, luckily my sister was with me and grabbed the wheel before any damage was done. So ya see I have no clue how to do it right. PLEASE continue your support and advice it really means a lot to me to have it! I'm determained to get this weight off and he happy and healthy!

akacutie
08-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Today was pretty good points wise considering I only worked half a day. I took my mom to the hospital to have a scope done of her throat and upper GI. That all went well. They did take a biopsy, so we hear about that later. I ate some soup in the cafteria, luckily it had the nutrional information right next the container. (five points) have a carton of skim milk (two points) and than later on the way home had a roast beef sub no mayo and no cheese (five points) I still have 8 points left but I already ate dinner. hmmmm.... Maybe I will have some ice cream with my mom later... I bought it for her throat, but...... :D

How is everyone doing today? Anything interesting happening.???

I can't wait until my weigh in on Sunday!

JasonsLea
08-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi all. Guess what I did today? YOGA! OMG I thought I was going to DIE! I kept busting a cramp every five seconds. But you know what? I'm going back next week. The instructor was very nice and the environment was very calming and I swore to myself that I was going to try new things this year. Next activity on my list is water aerobics.

The day ended shitty though. As some of you already know, I just recently learned how to drive. I've been driving around like crazy ever since. Well today I went to Walmart and lost track of the time. I was rushing to get back to the parking deck before my mama got off work because she didn't want me driving the car without my license. So I was trying to park and I don't know what it was but for some reason, I couldn't back into the parking lot! *********! My mama caught me and now I can't have the car keys anymore. I nearly started crying and as soon as I got home, I ate two slices of old pizza. I'm calm now. I'm just going to be without the car till next week when I go to get my license. Still sucks though but whatever.

Megan2006
08-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Good Morning!!! :D
I'm glad you all are doing well!
I lost another pound, woo hoo!!!!:carrot: And hopefully by the end of the weekend, I'll lose another!!
What's everyone up to this weekend?

SexxieScorpio
08-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Hey there...
For an ex. Here is a current Double Dare that I'm doing right now...

AUGUST~OCTOBER DARE
I Double Dare for everyone to lose 5-10 or more lbs. by the "October 31st'
This DARE starts on Sunday, Aug. 20th.

If u plan on joining in, document ur current weight starting a.s.a.p so that we or U will not forget...

Here is what u are to do...
--Workout 2-3 times a week!! Now that's EASY--so no excuses.
---Limit ur scale usage to once or twice a week.
---Cut out all JUNKFOOD, SODA & unhealthy juices
---No Cheat Days
---Take Vitamins DAILY!!!
--- Get in at least 60 grams of Protein
--- Get in at least 64 ounces of H20
--- U must complete 2-3 full days of all Liquids (Whenever u like)
--- & U just complete 2-3 full days of all Protein! (Whenever u like)

If u know that u can not keep ur word on this dare... don't join. (sounds mean) yeah I know--- but this time we really need to do the do and get down to business. I have no plans on telling folks that it's ok that u did this, ate that and etc... Wrong is wrong and we know that... so this time, we only need to do what's right and stick to it. Back rubbing for the wrong reasons is indeed not acceptable in this Double Dare, but patting of ones back is. :hug:

K, nuff said---Join me! :carrot:
Reminder--147.5

Welcome to all the new posters! I thought I ate okay yesterday but I'm up a little this morning... I'm really hoping it was do my heavy salt intake yesterday. I ate a normal breakfast but I had a hotdog and 150 cals of potato chips for lunch, and one and a half pieces of pizza for dinner. I don't think I had a single vegetable all day! I ate no more than 1600 calories total though so I was hopeful. Oh well... today I'll make sure to eat a salad and drink a lot of water.

pigginpodgey: Congrats on a fun weekend! We can't be perfect all of the time right... Focus on healthy habits today and don't worry about the weekend.

Pinkwhispers05: Glad to have you here! I'd love to be your weight loss buddy. We have a similiar amount of weight we would like to use and we both have an uncertain final goal. Good luck with your weight loss!

SexxieScorpio: What is an example of a double dare you have done? Would you like to start one here? I think something like that would really motivate me. Thanks for all of your tips.

SexxieScorpio
08-25-2006, 12:10 PM
I see so many welcoming messages here and I just wanted to let u all know that I truly do appreciate them ;) Thaaaaank u and I'm seriously hoping that my info will help someone along the way. Those of u who are losing... Kuddos :flow1: :cp: :flow1: Now keep doin' the dayum thang :carrot:

Remember that if no one is happy for ya--- :dust: I AM

akacutie
08-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Shari- That is too bad your mom caught you!!! At least you only have to wait a week to get your license. That is exciting. Are you going to get your own car right away or share your mom's?

Megan- Congrats on the loss again! I hope I am as succesful as you are when I do my first weigh in on Sunday....

Today Sucked! At work for birthday's we do a potluck or we order out as a unit from a resturant. Well, We ordered from Bennigan's. I thought I orderd grilled shrimp with rice and broccoli decent... approx points 12 from some website i found. when I got my food it was shrimp in fries that was it for $13.00!!!! I called the resturant to complain.... they said the order taker was new and didn't know that what I order wasn't really on the menu any more, he just gave me fries and coleslaw with shrimp(I didn't even get the coleslaw..) I ended up getting a coupon for a free appatiser..(like I need that) anyway... I tried to estimate my points (I also ate tollhouse cookie pie w/ ice cream!!!) I think I used about 14 flex points today and I haven't even eaten dinner yet! AHHHHHHH...........

I don't have anything exciting planned for the weekend? anyone else?

lovegoddess1977
08-26-2006, 09:50 AM
I am soooo excited!! I only have two more pounds to go to reach my mini goal. I have two days to do it..LOL I am confident!!

Today is my sleep all day day..:) I work nights and I worked last night. I am exhausted!!

School starts on Tuesday! I am so excited!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!

chrallen
08-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Thats great Megan. I'm down another pound too... yay for us! Only 9 more until I get to go clothes shopping (for meeting my mini-goal)!

SexxieScorpio: Thanks for the invite on the challenge but since I'm a week late in joining and not sure about the liquid fast I think I'd rather try a different challenge. I appreciate the explanation and example and will definetely try to do a "double dare" soon!

**Does anyone want to do some sort of double dare challenge on this forum? Maybe something as simple as 21 days of drinking 8 glasses of water or of excercising at least 3 times a week? I'd be up for something else too... any suggestions?

SexxieScorpio
08-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey there...
That was just a sample of what my Double Dares look like. I haven't started anything here on 3fatchics yet. But I will soon. =)
Thats great Megan. I'm down another pound too... yay for us! Only 9 more until I get to go clothes shopping (for meeting my mini-goal)!

SexxieScorpio: Thanks for the invite on the challenge but since I'm a week late in joining and not sure about the liquid fast I think I'd rather try a different challenge. I appreciate the explanation and example and will definetely try to do a "double dare" soon!

**Does anyone want to do some sort of double dare challenge on this forum? Maybe something as simple as 21 days of drinking 8 glasses of water or of excercising at least 3 times a week? I'd be up for something else too... any suggestions?

lovegoddess1977
08-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the offer sexxie scorpio but I am following a routine of sorts and thus far it is working great for me. I don't think that my body could take a sudden change. LOL When is your birthday? I am a scorpio too. November 15th here!!

akacutie
08-27-2006, 10:51 AM
What up! Today is my first weigh day since starting Weight Watcher's a week ago. I have lost 3 and 1/2 pounds!!!! :carrot: :carrot:

I was pleasantly suprised! Also my sister is starting Weight watchers with me this week.... So I will have someone around me who is counting points also!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good, I hung out with my newphew and went out dancing on Saturday.

Check ya later!

SexxieScorpio
08-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the Scorpion club dear lol :carrot: (2 thumbs up)
~November 11th :devil: ~Thanks for the offer sexxie scorpio but I am following a routine of sorts and thus far it is working great for me. I don't think that my body could take a sudden change. LOL When is your birthday? I am a scorpio too. November 15th here!!

Megan2006
08-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Good Morning!!!!!!
I've been at work for 20 minutes and I already want to leave :^: I hate Monday Mornings! The weather is pretty crappy here too so that doesn't help.

akacutie - congrats on the 3 1/2 pounds!! I'm jealous :carrot:

How was everyone's weekend?

lovegoddess1977
08-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Great job akacutie...

Well... I had to get my car fixed today and it was WAY more than I thought it would be. Total..... $925 OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just thank god that I had the money!!!!!

akacutie
08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Today is pretty good for being Monday! At work I am training two new girls right now. I have to go in early to get any work done! At least I am getting overtime!:carrot:

Megan- I agree with you about Monday mornings.... I can barely drag myself out of bed. I have started showering on Sunday nights to make more time for sleep! :D

Lovegoddess- Trust me I know what your going through! I am glad you had the money... I just paid $350 for a new starter, the guy said he was 80% sure it was the starter.... he was wrong.... !!!! My car still wont start and no one can seem to find out what is wrong!!! It really sucks, the real problem is I don't have money to pay for the problem, whatever it may be if they can ever figure something out.

Today I have been on plan all day! :) :) When I move into my new apartment on friday I am going to start going to the gym there. I am excited to be able to go to a gym again, without paying extra.... I can't wait until my next weigh in I want to see 2lbs to be on track for my Halloween challenge....

How has everyone Monday been?

JasonsLea
08-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone. OMG this weekend sucked diet wise. TOO MUCH FAST FOOD! I think I need to start staying home on the weekends....at least till I can truly say NO to fast food. I so gained, I'm sure. September is here already! Which means I have to start Christmas shopping! You won't find me anywhere near a store during December...unless I work there! Trying to get my license this week. Wish me luck! I'll need all I can get!

bep
08-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Howdy! Haven't posted in this thread for a little while. I am down 3 this weigh-in! Yipppeeee!!! I was stuck at that awful 210 for a while. Glad to be done with that nasty number!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!

akacutie
08-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey what up!

Today I spent a couple of hours cleaning the carpets of my new apartment. (my friend is moving out and she left the place a mess!!!) I had to clean the two rooms first before cleaning the carpets. I am so tired.... I will be going to bed soon. :(

How is everyone doing on their plans?!! Great I hope. This thread is kinda quiet right now.... What has everyone been doing? Anything interesting??? Tell us all about it.....

My next weigh in on Sunday and I can hardly weight.... I want to hop on the scale, but I want to wait until Sunday so I can really see a difference.

My eating as been on plan so far this week!!! :carrot:

ayla84
08-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey guys. I have been reading some of your posts. Can I join your little group?

JasonsLea
08-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Congrats Bep!

Oh god Tracy, I've spent the last two weeks eating like a pig for no reason. But surprisingly, I only gained 1.8 lb.

Welcome Ayla!