Weight Loss Support - Planning for Wednesday July 19

View Full Version : Planning for Wednesday July 19

sotypical
07-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Happy HUMP DAY!

B- two low fat waffle's, reduced calorie syrup, banana
S- coffee with vanilla toffee cream
L- whole wheat hamburger bun, light herb & garlic cream cheese, smoked salmon, maybe some cottage cheese and cucumber
S- grapes (the 4 pounds are almost gone!)
D- chicken lasguana and probably some garlic bread

6L of water and hope to get up a bit early and get in at least 20 min on my bike again to morrow morning.

Just getting ready to eat tonights dinner:
brown rice, left over roast cooked in cream of mushroom soup and drink my last liter of water for the day!

You guys should be proud of me, I bought brown rice and I am going to eat it for the first time! And I told myself that I would never eat it, so I hope it tastes yummy!

BlueToBlue
07-19-2006, 03:29 AM
Wednesday's menu is pretty much the same as Tuesday's:

B - Flax Plus cereal with 4 oz soy milk. Sadly, no blueberries! :(
S - Tea with soy milk and sugar (I've got to get some artificial sweetener), maybe some fruit
L - Chicken salad with apricots, mangos, and yogurt tarragon dressing - yum!
S- energy bar
S - fruit, nuts, or popcorn
D - Chicken simmered in vietnamese sauce, 1/2 ear of corn (had a surprise crop of beans from the garden yesterday, so didn't eat the corn), green salad with low cal dressing
S - low cal pudding, if enough calories are leftover

Exercise: one hour with personal trainer (he was on vacation for the past week, so I'm excited that he's back. We'll see how much my muscles atrophied during the week of working out on my own!)

Good luck with the brown rice, sotypical! I have to admit, I'm still struggling to make the switch. About every other time I make rice, I revert to white rice. I just like it so much better. My brown rice always comes out a little crunchy--maybe I am doing something wrong.

- Barbara

2frustrated
07-19-2006, 04:39 AM
I can't tell the difference between brown and white... You have to cook brown a lot longer, but apart from that I really can't tell!

The plan for today

Brekky
puffed wheat, grape nuts and soya milk with protein powder

Snack
2 oatcakes, 4 laughing cow lights, a couple of apples

gym - chest and abs

Dinner
cottage cheese baked potato

Snack
Turkey pita with salad

gym - 2.5 miles running

Dinner
Something YUMMY! I'm getting groceries delivered with lots of lean protein, veggies and fruit, so it will be healthy and nutritious and yummy! :D

Sunnigummi
07-19-2006, 06:45 AM
sotypical - congrats on your weight loss! I know you were eager to get to 180 and by the looks of your ticker, you're almost there! YAY 4 u! :)

Re: Brown rice if I may join in on the discussion...I eat it every day for lunch and the trick with brown rice is to cook it longer than white rice. I use a microwave cooker and it takes 20 mins for white rice but takes a good 30 - 35 minutes for brown (1/4 cup). Squeeze one grain after 30 mins. There shouldn't be a hard core to it, it should smush easily. That's when you know rice is done.

B - 1.5 cups skim milk, 1/2 cup frosted flakes

L - 1/4 cup brown rice, roasted veggies
1 8oz container Dannon plain nonfat yogurt

D - 1 salad wrap, 1 apple, sauteed corn. If I'm still hungry, another plain yogurt.

No snacks today because I totally overate yesterday. :(

sotypical
07-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Sunnigummi - I am getting there! Hope I can drop 2.6 pounds this week!

As for the brown rice... ours was crunchy... grrrr. So I have to cook in longer... we have this rice cooker and I don't think I can change the time on it :(

I got up early this morning and I am on my exercise bike right now, GO ME!

srmb60
07-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I don't have a plan for today yet. I'll get back to you on that. But I did want to tell you about brown rice ... My fella's 19, 24 and 45 ;) love minute rice. They'll make it for snacks, were verrrry reluctant to try brown. I started making a crock pot full of brown rice and reheating it for meals. Yesterday ... my left overs were gone! Someone ate them for a snack. It's catching on.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
07-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Happy HUMP DAY!

B- two low fat waffle's, reduced calorie syrup, banana
S- coffee with vanilla toffee cream
L- whole wheat hamburger bun, light herb & garlic cream cheese, smoked salmon, maybe some cottage cheese and cucumber
S- grapes (the 4 pounds are almost gone!)
D- chicken lasguana and probably some garlic bread

6L of water and hope to get up a bit early and get in at least 20 min on my bike again to morrow morning.

Just getting ready to eat tonights dinner:
brown rice, left over roast cooked in cream of mushroom soup and drink my last liter of water for the day!

You guys should be proud of me, I bought brown rice and I am going to eat it for the first time! And I told myself that I would never eat it, so I hope it tastes yummy!

You eating Brown rice:cp: Good job!!!!!

Rosario
07-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Yesterday was a bad day for the wrong foods, but I stayed low in cals.

Br: Fruit smoothie (mango, strawberries, whole milk, ice), 2 slices turkey bacon, yogurt
Lu: Salad (chicken, peppers, lettuce, corn, italian dressing) ff cho pudding
Din: mexican lasagna (I will finally be making this!!) cucumber, pepper, corn salad

excer: 1 hour tennis

courtnie-good job on the brown rice. i hate it. I don't think i could ever give up white rice!

sotypical
07-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Rosario, I haven't made that yet but I want to! haha My foods are never super healthy, I just make sure to stay under calories. I usually eat someone healthy most of the day, dinner is my down fall. I am far from a chef and my boyfriend eats it too but he is working on being healthy! Yesterday before dinner we were doing a bit of shopping, and he goes "I think I have eaten about 400 calories today, so that means I can have a waffle after dinner!" I just laughed. I bought him a waffle iron yesterday so now he is gonna make me waffle's for breakfast, yuuum!

I just wish my rice cooker would cook rice not soo crunchy! How does brown rice come out if it is reheated? Like if I made a big pot and took some too lunch? Maybe mixed it in with that yummy corn stuff I made the other night! mmm that would be tastey!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Yesterday's D- salad with grilled chicken...
Yesterday workout
40mins core
1 hour swimming....

Today
B-protien shake
S-rice cake, pairs
L-grilled chicken on salad...I love these
s-100cal snack<<<about 2ish
s-rice cake<<<<about 4:30ish

Workout
40 mins core workout
40 mins walking or 1hour swimming

I have to quite smokeing......so this is my frist day without smokes.....

Yall pray I make it. I have to quite to get a opp. done My Doc says that I need to stop. I am getting my boob job done..smaller boob here I come...I have been working on this sence Jan...I finaly got the ok from my ins. and I will have it done Aug 9th....I can wait.

sotypical
07-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Good luck la3y!! You can do it, just remember no smoking = smaller boobs! And smoking is gross, ewww. haha

Rosario
courtnie-i don't eat that healthy either, although i know i should try. I do et way more veggies and fruits than I used to. just as long as I stay under cals. but I know eventually I will have to start leaning towards eating healthier foods. don't know about the brown rice, as I don't cook it!

la3y-good luck on not smoking. doesn't the boob job sound better than that cigarette taste??

srmb60
OK ... I've thought about it.
Vanilla shake with psyllium
Walking
Weights
Boiled eggs and veggies ... I'll probably nibble on that twice
Spaghetti with chicken in the tomato sauce ... salad
Probably a bowl of cereal this evening

sotypical
07-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Spaghetti with chicken... mm that sounds tastey, I might try that sometime!

srmb60
07-19-2006, 09:25 AM
I have chicken left over from last night. I'll just chop it up and add it to a jar of ready made sauce. Easy as can be! I like easy :)

sotypical
07-19-2006, 09:34 AM
I am the queen of easy! haha
Espeically when it comes to cooking!

Glory87
07-19-2006, 10:19 AM
I made so much stir fry on Monday, I'll be having it for dinner every day this week, thank goodness it turned out okay.

I looove brown rice, it tastes like SOMETHING. White rice just tastes kind of blah to me now (although I still love sushi rice, which has something added to it to give it some zing. That's also why I prefer whole grain bread to plain old white - white bread just seems so insubstantial now.

As far as easy, check the grocery stores in your area for frozen brown rice. I buy it at Trader Joe's. Each green box has 3 bags (each bag has 2 servings). To prepare, cut a hole in the bag and microwave for 3 minutes. That's it! Perfect, non crunchy brown rice. (Trader Joe's has an organic frozen white rice too, I'm sure it's good but I've never tried it).

Brown rice was probably easy for me to get used to since I never eat rice plain, it's always under something - curry, stir fry, etc.

B - 2 pieces of whole grain toast, natural peanut butter

S - horizons organic fat free plain yogurt, 6 oz blueberries

L - big salad - spinach leaves, grape tomatoes, orange pepper strips, baby carrots, 1/4 cup dried cranberry, grilled chicken, dressing on the side

S - 1.5 cups fresh cherries

S - tall non fat sugar free latte

S - cut up veggies (baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, orange pepper strips)

D - stir fry - bok choy, butternut squash, shitake mushrooms, carrots, yellow pepper strips, garlic, ginger, onion, tofu, stir fry sauce, served over brown rice

Stephanie Osborne
07-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Wednesday's Plan:

B: WW toast with Jelly
S: 100 calorie pack
L: Tuna w/Light Mayo
S: Shrimp w/cocktail sauce
D: Spaghetti

Workout: Run, and Strength Training

Sunnigummi
07-19-2006, 11:37 AM
I usually eat someone healthy

Cute...made me giggle. :)

As far as brown rice, I love it - was reluctant to try it because I thought it would taste awful (white rice girl) but I was surprised. I also have it with curries so I guess that helped in not noticing the taste, if any.

I was ridiculously hungry after my lunch. I think I will be getting hungry again soon but I'll just eat my yogie. UGH. HATE. hunger. pangs.

Rosario
07-19-2006, 11:42 AM
LOL that is funny....was that an accident courtnie?? whatever it was, it made me laugh out loud

sotypical
07-19-2006, 11:57 AM
haha yah that was a total accident, I was riding my bike and typing... it's hard you know, takes practice! I had to read that 3 times to pick up my mistake, lol

la3y_un1c0rn_37
07-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Well half my day gone and I am still doing good. I just got done with lunch and I still have not had to go get me another pack of smokes.....I know its going to take days to get over this......So if it bothers you for me to talk about it just let me know....

sotypical
07-19-2006, 12:26 PM
La3y - I am fine with it, we are here for support in more ways then just weigh loss!

joyofsix
07-19-2006, 12:51 PM
B-2 eggs, 1/4 C avocado, salsa, banana(didn't plan that, dd peeled it and then didn't eat it)
L-fresh green beans and corn on the cob (from my garden) 1/2 sweetpotato and 1/4 C broccoli left from last night, 6 triscuits and 2 Tb chevre
D-ww pasta with veggie meat balls, yellow squash, salad
S-Lindor ball

BlueToBlue
07-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I do cook my brown rice for longer than I cook white rice. Sometimes way longer. I also end up adding more water than the package recommends. It still comes out a little crunchy. The outside will get really mushy and it will still have a little crunchy center. Glory, I made your pumpkin brown rice pudding recipe it is was crunchy--just not the rice pudding of my youth! The whole time I was eating it, I was thinking it would be better with white rice.

Maybe it's because I buy jasmine brown rice (I always use jasmine white rice so I was excited to find jasmine brown rice). But I'll have to try the frozen Trader Joe's variety. I'm about out of brown rice anyway, so now is a good time to try it.

- Barbara

Glory87
07-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Sorry the pudding was crunchy :( Did you like the pumpkiny part? The worst part about the frozen brown rice at Trader Joe's is they run out ALL THE TIME. There are 2 Trader Joe's near me, and I check both of them for rice. If they have it, I buy at least 2 boxes.

sotypical
07-19-2006, 01:03 PM
I want a trader joe's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
07-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I want a trader joe's!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So do I!!!! (stomps foot)

srmb60
07-19-2006, 09:49 PM
And how that turned out ...
OK ... I've thought about it.
Vanilla shake with psyllium ... yup
Walking ... 22 minutes
Weights ... for arms 15 minutes
Boiled eggs ... two whites, no veggies!
Spaghetti with chicken in the tomato sauce ... not much chicken in my serving
There was not much cereal left either, so I had another shake and a nice little bun.

BlueToBlue
07-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Sorry the pudding was crunchy :( Did you like the pumpkiny part? The worst part about the frozen brown rice at Trader Joe's is they run out ALL THE TIME. There are 2 Trader Joe's near me, and I check both of them for rice. If they have it, I buy at least 2 boxes.

Yes, we definitely liked the pumpkiny part. Actually, my SO really liked it--he's a big pumpkin pie fan--and didn't even mind the crunchy part. It was just me that was bothered by it. Which is a little surprising, because normally he is way fussier than I am.

Good to know about the rice at Trader Joe's. I hate it when Trader Joe's is out of my staples! I love banana crisps and they've been out of them for months. Every week starts anew with the hope of banana crisps and every week my hope is crushed! I think they should set products aside for those of us on diets--if you can eat anything you want, you don't need to be eating my banana crisps.

sotypical and un1corn, I'm sorry you don't have a Trader Joe's. What a bummer! And here, Glory has two! That's totally unfair.

- Barbara