Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 02:22 PM   #1  

Default Binges and Obessions

Like binge eating has nothing to do with feeling hungry for food, obsessions have nothing to do with feeling love for a person. Like binging.. obsessions serve to AVOID closeness, rather than seek it out.

As long as you are eating you can numb yourself from your feelings... as long as you are obsessing on some unobtainable person you do not have to run the risk of being hurt in a relationship that "counts".

My binge eating and obsession patterns are deeply, intimately related.

Anyone else see a connection?

Elaine
Old 08-30-2001, 10:04 PM   #2  

Elaine--thanks for getting the postings on this board moving again.

I hadn't really thought about it, but the way I would connect binges and obsessions is this: When I binge and/or when I obsess on something, I am very down on myself; and very unforgiving. I've failed, I haven't met some standard. I'm not even sure where these expectations come from. When I can accept myself, and let myself make some mistakes (or poor choices, or just choices--no judgement)--these behaviours become much less extreme.

does that make any sense?
Old 09-04-2001, 05:56 AM   #3  

My binges usaully result from my insecurities and my emotional reactions to them. I want to retreat into myself and just eat. I find it hard to reach out for help. I also find it easier to binge than try and solve things because the people I want to solve things with don't want to talk about it. So when I reach out and I hit the wall of a untalkable person I binge.

I need to abondon the word failure and just continue on. I need a better support system. I need to trust myself.

Last edited by Mistypink; 09-04-2001 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:04 PM   #4  

Arrow eating disorders

Hi everyone. This is my first post on this website. I can definitely relate to the binge eating episodes. I was bulimic for about 7 years. Like addictions with alcohol, it made it to where I never had to feel anything. All I ever thought about was food. I could eat all that I wanted and never have to suffer the consequences...or so I thought. It is so decieving because it gives off the perception that you are in control when in actuality you have completely lost control. I am proud to say that I have recovered. I still feel tempted at times, but I refuse to give in. I recently started sugarbusters and I love it. It is so healthy and I honestly have never felt better. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I feel great. I look forward to meeting everyone. Best of luck.
Old 09-17-2001, 04:29 PM   #5  

My eating doesn't reflect my emotions, but rather just because i'm bored and can't stop. I hate myself when i do it, but i can't stop. I have been doing it on and off for almost 2 years now, and it is impossible.
If you have any advice i'd really appreciate it.
Closed Thread