Old 07-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Points of Protein Powder

I like to put protein powder in my smoothies. Does it count? If so, how much?
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:59 PM   #2  
Tracy(Canada)

S/C/G: 186/185/140

Height: 5'6"

Yes it does count. It depends on the protein powder you are using. Read the serving size and calories/fat on the back of the can. Use your counter to figure out the points. I remember I was told this in a meeting. I drink shakes sometimes too and you have to count everything you put in it. Sometimes its more worth it to have an omelette or sandwich. It fills you up more.
tracteso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #3  
~*Tink*~

S/C/G: 240/195/170

Height: 5'11"

Solly I make shakes all the time. I use frozen fruit, skim milk, plain fat free yogurt, a spoon of Splenda and I also use protien in mine. I use PVL whey gourmet. One scoop counts as 3 points. It's the only protein powder that I can find that has no added sugar - it's sweetend with Splenda. If you are following the Core plan than you only have to count the scoop of whey gourment that you use. It come is many diffrent flavors and no matter which on you pick they are all 3 points per scoop in value.
Hope that helps you
TinkerBell1279 is offline   Reply With Quote