Old 07-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Push cardio ?

I decided I'm going to do the trial for push. This heat is killing me here and it looks like I may not be able to get as much gym time for this month so push might be the answer.

I selected PushCardio The low down as I want a low impact workout. I was interested in Gotham Body Forms, Yoga and the Kickboxing cardio workouts as well. Anyone have any general info on cardio workouts they have selected? It looks like I can select something until my workouts are shipped out.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:16 PM   #2  
Releasing the inner hiker

I just got my first Push DVD today and finished the cardio session with Petra Kolber (the Low Down). I really, really liked it. It wasn't too hard, nor too confusing, and I got a good workout to boot.

I'm curious if I should choose her again for next month, with a different level of intensity or if I should go with someone else. My fear is that I will be sent a workout that is too confusing/challenging, thus wasting a whole month of cardio that I can't do.

Jen
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:57 PM   #3  
it's always something

I chose Petra (the low down) my first month and really liked it, too. Then I decided to try Moves I with Patricia Moreno my second month and that was a big mistake, lol. It looked like fun, but I am way too uncoordinated. So I pulled out my first dvd and followed Petra again. This month I'm trying the yoga with Kristin
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:45 AM   #4  
Just Me

I did decide to go with Gotham Forms because I figured why not try something totally different? I'll let you guys know how it goes. Push says my DVDs have been shipped out or are shipping out.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 8.5"

I also ordered Gotham Body Forms. It's definitely different than anything I've ever done before! Can't quite say what I think of it yet. It seems kind of hard to learn, but I often think that when I start a new workout, then after I do it a few times I wonder why I thought that!

I have only done half the workout once so far. The day I did it, I wasn't feeling too well and decided to stop. I'm going to try it again tomorrow since today is my strength workout. I'll be curious to see what anyone else has to say about this or any of the cardio workouts!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

I went to the website and looked it over. Could you tell me...do we keep the videos, or are they returned when you move to the next session? Is there anything else you had concerns about and your questions were answered?
Darl2541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #7  

You get to keep the workouts and your first shipment contains 2 resistance bands you get to keep also. It's actually a pretty good deal considering you're getting 3 workouts for $25. My only concern at first was getting a good deal for my money!

Good luck if you try it. The first month is under $5.00 then you can cancel if you want.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:26 PM   #8  

I signed up...have one last question. The confirmation email I received said Session 1 for wks 1 & 2, etc. Now is that for the cardio part? Where does the chosing of the trainer come in?
Old 07-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #9  

You should have been able to chose a trainer when you signed up, or you can let them chose for you.

There are 3 workouts on the dvd. Sessions 1 & 2 are for strength training. You do session 1 for 2 weeks, then session 2 for 2 weeks. The cardio that you chose, or the one you let them choose for you is also on the same dvd. It is suggested that you do at least 100 minutes of cardio per week. To get your cardio in, you can use the cardio workout on the push dvd or do your own cardio.

Hope I made that understandable!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #10  

I signed up for the free trial on Friday the 21st. I got an e-mail today saying it would take 2 weeks to ship - does it really take that long? I selected Bob Green for the strength training and Petra for the cardio. Please pass on any info that you have and how you like the program.
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:02 PM   #11  

I ordered mine on the 21st and not received yet. Kinda curious how you have 30 day trial, when it takes 2 wks to get. Have to work out a lot in that time to see if I like it. hee hee
Old 07-31-2006, 06:17 PM   #12  
it's always something

Oh no! It usually arrives within 5 days. Maybe they've been slammed with orders.

I'll see what I can find out
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #13  

I ordered on the 21st of July and got them on the 28th. I have previewed them but have not had the chance to actually work out with the program. My mother had a pacemaker implanted and everything that could go wrong HAS!! All of my spare time is being spent at the hospital with her and it doesn't look like its going to change any time soon.
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:15 PM   #14  
Just Me

Just FYI, I did my Gotham Body Forms Cardio and I like it. It is a bit difficult, especially some of her stretching moves and that I'm not used to it. I did definitely like it though. I am trying out something else next time to test out other cardio workouts.

Gotham Body Forms is basically yoga and martial arts together. The stretching is more yoga based and the workout is more martial arts based. I also like the instructor Ary Nunez.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #15  
Releasing the inner hiker

Has anyone been able to completely do your strength training session before moving on to the next session? I was unable to physically do 2 exercises in my first session. Now I'm on session 2 and there are 4 exercises (1 of them is the same from session 1) that I can not do.

Do you think I should be continuing on after 2 weeks or spending more time on that session? The other exercises are challenging, but not overwhelming. The exercises that I can't do either have to do with flexibility or using stomach muscles extensively, both of which I am weak on.

Jen
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote