South Beach Diet - New to the beach

View Full Version : New to the beach

Shortstop03
07-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone,
I am new to South Beach but I have about 70 pounds to lose (and then I'll see if I want to lose more!) and a girl on my team has had a lot of success with the SBD. I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm on day 1 of Phase 1 today and so far it's not that bad. I made some eggs for breakfast and had some FF milk and then I had peanuts for a snack. I think I'll have a salad for lunch (the first few days of diets never make me hungry) and I don't cook well so we'll see how dinner goes, lol.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and I look foward to getting to know you guys! Hopefully, I can stick with this diet and lose some weight.:carrot:

Schatzi
07-17-2006, 12:13 PM
:welcome3: Shortstop! Mosey on over to the FAQ section for some good ideas for Phase 1 snacks , meals etc... Make sure you get yer water in... and protein!
Come meet us all on the Daily threads tooo!

Ruthxxx
07-17-2006, 12:14 PM
:welcome: and check in on the Phase I start thread for mutual support!

Shortstop03
07-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I'll make sure to check out all the threads. It's a little confusing at first, I'm trying to think of a good dinner to make so I will go raid your Phase I dinner forums. :dizzy:

beachgal
07-17-2006, 12:57 PM
:welcome3:, Shortstop! :D

Check out the recipes in the recipe forum, and the emergency P1 guide in the FAQ. I think you'll find cooking several of the recipes very easy...especially the PB cup, which is delicious and safe in P1! :devil:

Glad to have you with us!