Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - July 17th - 23rd

Good Morning,

I only have seconds before comes back... just wanted to say hello and whats shakin?

Are we ready for an exciting week?

How was your weekend?

Liz

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!
I'm a bit tired today, my twins are teething and were up most of the night crying. Nothing seems to help...
I'm just praying for a tooth to break through soon because I can't handle too many more nights like this! And how unfair is it that they have to teeth at the same time?????

Hope everyone has a good week!
Take Care!
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

Feels like I've been away forever and I never went anywhere

Leenie: we are going on an Alaskian cruise for my in-laws 50th anniversary. I think there will be 17 of us. I sure hope your neice is alright. What a scary thing to go through for all of you.

trish: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I read out what you wrote to my DD16 as her one best friend has CF and is always going down to Vancouver to go to childrens hospital.

4boys: hope you are getting some sleep, teething is never any fun and I can't imagine trying to go through two at once, one is bad enough!

Well things are starting to calm down for me. All applications are sent away and if the passports come they come and if not we will just have to go and get replacement birth certificates. Hubby was home all weekend and got the "grass" weeds cut and the roof patched so hopefully if we get more rain it won't leak any more. C- DD14 and I have appointments with the chiropractor tomorrow. Its her first time, her back has been bothering her, but with all her judo its no wonder. I'm hoping that if he gets my back inalignment again maybe my knees and heel will stop hurting so much. Anyway I really have to get some cleaning done, its amazing how quickly a house can get trashed when you have a family

Take care everyone and take care of yourselves,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #4  
Walking by faith

Wink Popping in to say Hi!

I'm still here I'm pretty discouraged right now. I stepped on the scale a few days ago, and I'm almost back where I started from! My eating has been all over the place. There's a WW meeting not too far from here..they meet tomorrow (Tuesday), so I'm going to take advantage of the free meeting offer. I'm still not sure whether or not to join. I probably wouldn't be able to be at a lot of meetings because of my DH's schedule, but I may just get the materials and try doing it myself.

Leenie: When is going on vacation so you can have a break?

Cathy: Is your DS working on an oil rig? I know that it's hard getting used to an empty nest , but there are benefits

Stephanie: It's good to see you again Please let us know what's going on with you.

Buddly: Your cruise sounds like a lot of fun I hope the chiro can help you and your DD. Back pain is NO FUN!

Trish: My prayers go out to you and your friend. I have a friend who's dying of cancer. She's still fighting, but it's getting harder for her All I can do is pray for her.

to everyone! Gotta go change my ticker
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I don't know anything yet. I do know that she is still hanging in there. Buddly let your daughter know that even if she has to stick by her friend through the rough patches that it is worth it. I would not go back and change my friendship for anything. It gets hard at times, but she has given me so much. I know that we can't be friends forever in this life but I would not give back the time that I have spent with her. There are precious few people that we truly connect with in this world, when you find one that is special you just need to hold on until they are gone.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:29 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

G'morning

Joanne I'm sorry about the scale, we all know how that feels How is your foot? and DS?

Trish how ya doing today hon?

4boys I'm sorry the twins are teething at the same time, what a nightmare. I was told to give them frozen bagels or frozen teething rings to help (butcha gotta watch the bagel when it defrost that they don't bite off to much LOL). poor little things and poor you... Hugs ~~

Buddly thats right Alaska whoooooooooot!! I hear that this time of year is the prettiest there especially with the flowers...its like a sea of colors (so I've heard). Oh do enjoy. Thanks for the well wishes for my Neice... we are getting more nervous as the time approaches (this friday OY), but I am peaceful leaving it in Jesus' hands

Nothing new today girlies.... same ol same ol.

Love yah!!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

BOO

and good morning gang

guess what - I have 2 phones lines again at my desk across the street from my burnt office. Of course it is ringing off the dang hook and I have been on the phone for over an hour with the phone company trying to clear up a problem with our fax number but hey - I have dial up internet so I'm a happy camper

Leenie - I was gonna ask how your niece is doing. The surgery is friday right? Please know that I'm praying for her and the docs and your family.

and how ya doing with your goal for the week? so far I'm sticking to mine.

Liz - I am so very sorry about the 10 year anniversary of your son's death. I cannot even begin to imagine what you have gone thru and continue to go thru. I just want to send you a great big hug!!!!

and hey - what is a "5 day family wedding"??? do you mean that y'all were just tied up for 5 days with the wedding? or is there a type of wedding that lasts for 5 days??? are you back at work now?

Hey Joanne - sorry you are discouraged girlie! so are you going to the ww meeting today??? I vote that you go I loved ww - loved the meetings - loved everything about it. Please let us know how it goes. And how is your son doing? are y'all all moved in and unpacked and settled?

to answer your question - my youngest some is on a "land rig" which is basically an oil rig on land can be dangerous work so I just pray and breath, and breath and pray He seems really glad to be home - has talked our ears off at times which is unusual for him - he's not a big talker - well at least not with us (he's 18 ya know) but he has a million stories from out there. Thankfully, he is working with a best friend, so that helps big time. Don't really think he would have worked this job if he didn't have a friend working with him. He really doesn't like being away from home (or maybe it's just his bed) and certainly not for 14 days. It is good money so he is thrilled about that, and seems to have an even stronger determination to make sure he gets his college degree in instrumentation bec he "doesn't want to do that sort of work for long".

BTW gang - the heat index was 107 down here yesterday. It is unbelieveably HOT HOT HOT! what are the temps where y'all are at?

4boys4me - how did the twins (and everybody else) sleep last night? what age are your twins? 4 boys huh? how wonderfully blessed you are!

Buddly - when are y'all going to the chiropractor? hope they get y'all feeling much better!

Trish - I am so very sorry about your dear friend! I will keep her in my prayers also.

Anybody seen Cin or Tippy? gosh I miss 'em!

ok gang - I've got lots to do.
will check back in later
hope everyone has a BLESSED day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Good morning everyone!

Last night went a bit better than previously. Both of Michael's bottom teeth broke through yesterday, but Zack's little gums are still swollen. Thanks for the hugs and advice. The twins are 7 months old, but were born 2 months early, so developmentally they are at about 5 months of age, but they are doing really good. My older two are 6 and 2 1/2. Sometimes I think they are more work than the babies!!!!

Hope ya'll have a great day, and my prayers go out to all of you going through rough patches right now!!

Take Care...
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Thank you for all the prayers and the well wishes. I just talked with Becky. I don't know how she is doing but she is still hanging on. They are trying to figure out how much stuff they have to go in and operate on and trying to see how fast they can get her a new liver. I am praying. Talk to you later.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #10  

good morning gang

how is everybody doing this fine HOT HOT day?

will try to get back in here later.
hugs & blessings,
Cathy
Old 07-19-2006, 02:26 PM   #11  

Hey everybody
I will be honest with this format I do not read back...life is busy but good.

Miss u all!

Let's plan a chat some time soon!

We can get caught up.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Girlies,

Big and Kisses to you all. I did read but can't comment. I'm glad y'all are doing better.

Liz a chat would be WONDERFUL!!!

Love you all !!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #13  

I would love to chat
so when would be good for y'all???
Old 07-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

Hello ladies! I have been gone for a few weeks from the board, but I am back! Im having a pretty depressing summer so far...my best friend that lives right next door is moving this week and I am going to be so lonely without her here. It's been nice having someone to drink coffee with in the morning and even a glass a wine at night. She is moving 2 hrs away so I won't see her as much . I also found out I have a lump in my breast and have to go get a mamogram...I am terrified!!! The Dr, said it's probably a cyst, but I am pretty scared. And my Hubby has been working non stop for weeks...he has only had three days off this whole summer. I miss him . Anyway the good news I have lost 12 pounds and went down I size. I have stayed pretty consistant with the diet and being worried has made me not eat much. I am glad to see everyone is doing good here and it's nice to be back !
not2fat2bpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

N2F2BP, CONGRATS on your Weight Loss WHOOOT.
I'm so sorry to hear about the lump but I'm really glad you found it and your doc is on top of it all That sucks your friend is moving away, I had my best friend move to missouri (from NJ), now that was hard but 2 hours away might as well be missouri too... I understand. Feel better and let us know about the results.

Can't play today ladies.... but hopefully soon. Luv yah's.

Leenie