Carb Counters - Weekly Chat// July 17-23

View Full Version : Weekly Chat// July 17-23

lady_adnerb
07-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Well, didn't do so well this weekend. Not sure why I can't seem to stay OP during the weekends. Have to increase the water. Even though Saturday I had plenty of it. So just going to have to continue trying :)
Have a great Monday everyone!

RobinW
07-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Good Morning :beach:

Its suppose to get really really hot today. Dh is out on a job site, which means dd and I are home to fend off the heat with no car. So Im going to clean out the kiddie pool, refill it, and get in :lol:

I bought a bathing suit yesterday :eek: :eek: :eek: This is the first time in 6 yrs Ive bought one. This is also the very first time ever I bought and liked the very first bathing suit I tried on!! Can you believe it????????? :dunno: Its black of course :lol: halter type top with some very pretty egyptian type decoration banding right under the halter. Its really pretty. Even dh liked it when I brought it home :lol:

Keep cool today ladies, and get your water in!

Juxtapose
07-17-2006, 12:47 PM
lady_adnerb: Is it for lack of LC stuff in the house? Or lack of motivation? Or do you just like letting it "all hang out" during the weekend?

RobinW: yay... bathing suit! :) I'm so not ready for a new suit. Have fun in the kiddie pool!

The weekend went well for me food wise. I'm going to need to up my fiber intake. Started TOM today. bah. The first day is always a killer. I don't feel like doing anything but sit on the couch and bead.

Could be worse I suppose.

Happy day all.

- Jux
:bubbles:

lilybelle
07-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone, it is very hot here too. I didn't mow the yard yesterday, plan to do it tonite. I did go get the gas for it and caught a man looking down my shirt while I was bent down. I thought this was funny. I am 46 yrs. old and I haven't had a stranger take a peek like that in at least 10 yrs. LOL, I told my DH and he just laughed. DH used to look down my scrub top all the time when I was worked in an ER and he was one of the ambulance drivers.
I called and made an appt. to see a gynecologist next week and think maybe she might have some answers to all this pain in my right lower side. I know that I have PCOS and am concerned that the cysts might be getting worse.(TMI, I know, but sex is extremely painful and causes me to hurt for days afterwards.) DH acts like it's "just an excuse to get out of it". That's not fair , I haven't told him to "cover me up when you're done" in at least year. LOL
I have went furniture shopping and decided to wait a week to decide if I really want/need it. I am trying not to impulse buy.
I totalled my carbs last night and only had 13.5 for the day. Most days this week have been 20-25. I am planning to eat some watermelon today, I need to get in a few more carbs. Some of the maintainers suggested for me to weigh daily, but that makes me nuts, so I am still weighing twice a week.

needtolose4me2
07-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Lillybelle, I needed that laugh today! Thats a good one. I swear that i noticed men checking me out now. (at least looking at me not through me!)
IT is so damn hot here too. went in the pool but it wasn't refreshing at all. temp said 92 degrees! Good luck with the Gyno. I need to get my butt there too!

Robin congrats on the suit! my problem still is if the top fits good the butt hangs on my like I pooped my pants! so now i bought a seim dress so that hides it. I hope I lose more in the top!!

Brenda - I don't know what to say about you and these weekends! You can do it! you can do it!!

Jux - hang in there. THis too shall pass!

lilybelle
07-17-2006, 11:53 PM
No problem with not enough carbs today. I made home-made chili and had a bowl of it. I guesstimated 25 carbs for that one bowl plus ate Oats for breakfast. My weight is holding steady at 143 and I mowed the yard and sweated like a pig tonite.

RobinW
07-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Lilly~ sounds like you've got it planned for today. Good going!

I did good yesterday. Not enough carbs, but you know....it was just too hot to worry about it. Too hot to even eat...kwim? Today isnt suppose to be nearly as bad, and a few t-storms are suppose to blow thru. Hopefully it will help drop the temp a few degrees.

Hopefully this weekend my mom will be coming to spend the weekend with us. Dh is going to install the extra airconditioner in the spare bedroom for her. This weather and hot flashes just dont mix!!

I havent been exercising at all...........kudos to those of you that can, in this heat. Im not going to worry about it right now. I will make a point to get to the gym when it drops below 80! Even in the a/c at the gym its still too hot!!

Not much else happening in my little corner of the world....have a great day ladies!

lady_adnerb
07-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Robin: WTG on getting a suit you like! That's a big step right there!! Hope you get some rain. Every time they've called for t-storms it's passed us by. When we DO get rain it'll be a major storm system (tornado's, etc). It has been the last few years.

Jux: I totally understand how you feel about the first days of TOM. I get the same way. And I've got legal stuff in the house. Just never home on the weekends when I cheat. Then I figure "oh well" and just continue one and start over on Monday. Need to change that attitude!

Lily: What a way to get a compliment, eh? Let us know how the gyno appt goes!

NTL: I hear you on the pool not being refreshing. Unless we dump water out and add fresh it's like a sauna in there!

Well, did good yesterday. Didn't eat much because of the heat. But that's ok. Was interesting to see the scale go UP after that. So not sure what the deal is. Not going to think about exercising either until it cools off. Started to feel dizzy, headachy and sick yesterday (heat related) so I won't be doing much today to try and get my body to recuperate (before the next heat wave). I HATE this type of weather!!

carolr3639
07-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Lilly, I posted a "stories" thread under Goal. No one answered . Wondered if you could. Thanks.

lilybelle
07-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone. I hopped in my truck to go to town and it said 106 degrees. I had planned on mowing the back, fenced in part of my yard tonite, but I say forget it. DH can do it in the morning. Besides, I saw a big, black king snake out there last night. I don't like snakes or spiders. My DD touched the snake thinking it was a dog leash that was just laying in the yard. She freaked completely out. I had to get off the mower and calm her down. The snake moved on out to the pasture with all the screaming going on.

carolr3639, I saw your post has been deleted. I am sure there are many others who have reached goal, but not written their story up yet. It took me a few days to write mine up because I was babysitting my grandson and he keeps me busy. Maybe others will get theirs written too.

Ms Spotdog
07-18-2006, 07:24 PM
HATE snakes! Ick! Black widow spiders too! And I'm adding ticks to that list now after finding a couple on my dogs this month.

It is hot, hot, hot here too - 107 when I was driving home from work. My boys were supposed to play baseball at the high school at 5 today but they are crapping out and I don't blame them one bit. They have played plenty in the heat and just didn't feel up to it today (Cody has had a bad tummy today - probably caused from the heat. I've been feeling punk today too)

I'm having a time of it with my eating in this heat. Not much appetite. Can't figure out what I want to eat. Don't want to heat house with cooking. Just a light salad goes down well but I'm kinda/sorta hungry again shortly. I get soooo sick of being the one to shop and cook meals and be creative with the meal planning - and that is on a regular basis! Add in this heat factor and I'm completely lost!

Well, I'm going to wander around the house a figure out something to do since I seem to have gained a few hours where I thought I would going to be sitting in the blistering heat watching teenagers run around, hitting and throwing a baseball. Maybe wash the poor hot dogs. I've been trying to keep them in out of the heat but unless I block the doggie door the silly things will keep going outside and run around like ninnies then come in and colapse in a heap like they're about to die. Silly dogs!

Stay cool-

Kel

lilybelle
07-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Lol, my dog does the same thing. She'll come charging back inside and lap up a gallon or more of water, then want back outside to play. She won't drink out of her water bowl outside, it isn't clean enough for her. Lol, but then she will lap out of a toilet if her inside bowl is empty for any reason. I try to make a point of keeping the bathrooms closed but with kids it isn't always possible. We have a problem with ticks sometimes too, but not lately, I think they all got roasted from the heat.

lady_adnerb
07-18-2006, 11:04 PM
We use frontline for the ticks/fleas. And I'm glad we don't have snakes like that! Sounds Creepy!!!

Need to drink more water myself. Animals aren't the only ones! :lol: I agree about the eating as well. Nothing that's warm sounds good. We had BLT's (LC bread). And I had a salad as well.

Ms Spotdog
07-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Thanks, Brenda! BLTs are a great idea! The boys will like those - see, that is part of the problem. I would be happy with some thin sliced deli ham or turkey, cheese, cucumber wedges or other raw veggies for dinner but the boys would NOT think that was dinner! Tuna on toasted bread with lots of letuce is another one I could feed them.

Hey - this why I love this place. I can always come here for help!

Oh, and I just got home from the store, it's 9:45 and its still 95 degrees out! Yikes!!!

Kel

lady_adnerb
07-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Or make up a noodle salad. They can have a sandwich with it. I've done that also. And if you make a big enough container full..they can munch away for days :lol:

Was tempted to step on the scale this morning so drank some water right away. My rings are feeling tight so I'm hoping it's just the humidity and not weight gain. I've been good so I would HOPE that the scale (and the swollen fingers) would go down. I've already had to remove most of my rings because of it!!! And I know LC bread isn't on induction, but had to do it!! :)

RobinW
07-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Good Morning

Still doing good...I hopped on the scale this morning....I wasnt going to, but I didnt get my coffee fast enough to stay off it :lol: I dont know how much Ive lost, because I didnt get on the scale the day I started back to eating properly. But just from looking in the mirror, I can tell Ive lost alot of the puffiness I had. So, I'll not get on the scale until the 25th.

I havent wanted to turn the stove on at all either. Last night dh put noodles on to cook, and then left it.........for me to cook :rolleyes: I wasnt impressed. So tonight, he gets to cook it all! :D

Today, Im taking dd and her friend to the amusement park. Should be alot of fun, its a bit overcast (thankfully) Ive got my lc snacks packed and lots of water...koolaide for the kids, and little munchie things for them. I think we are set.

Have a great day ladies!

lilybelle
07-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone. I am off to a day at the mall, shopping for a dress and shoes. I hope it goes well. I had sausage patties and scrambled eggs for breakfast. So, I shouldn't be tempted to eat anything. My hands are a little swollen, I think I am retaining some fluid in this heat too. I weighed yesterday, so I'll wait and weigh again in a few days. I think I need to drink more water. Hope everyone has a great day.

Sugar-N-Spice
07-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi Ladies! Sorry to disappear so soon after I introduced myself! I made a trip to CA to pick up my kids from my parents this weekend. They were there for 3 weeks and definitely ready to come home! I really struggled to stay on some resemblance of a low carb plan while there. My mom is very unsupportive of any effort I make and thinks it's "silly to low carb". While she's been told by her dr's she needs to lose a few pounds and is very carb addicted, she refuses to listen to anything I have to say on a lc woe. So, needless to say, I struggled big time and ate some things that were not low carb at all!

Today is a new day and I am refocused and ready to get serious. I figure, by Xmas time I'll have lost some, she'll know I mean business! lol I definitely know I feel better staying away from sugar and starch. Like my dh keeps reminding me, the only person that matters right now is me, and I need to quit worrying about what my mother thinks. Sounds easy, but hard concept to get around! lol

Anyways, I'm off to take DS to the orthodontist and then we've got some shopping to do. I hope you girls are having a terrific afternoon and I will come check in on you all. Thanks so much for making me feel so welcome here! :hug:

♥danielle

needtolose4me2
07-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi all. Well I'm leaving Friday am for vacation. We are driving to FLordia. probably going to stop somewhere overnight. Dont' think the kids will make a 1100 mile car ride. I'm planning on packing lunch for everyone and we'll have dinner when we stop at night. I guess I could put a salad and some grilled chicken in the cooler. I am also planning on bringing some hard boiled eggs, cheesesticks and celery to munch on. I think I should be able to stay OP. We are staying in a timeshare so we have a complete kitchen and will eat at least 2 meals in. They also have a gym on site which was great news!.I amplanning on packing my scale as well! How's that for determination. i don't want any surprises when I get back! This way I"ll still have to be accountable.
I'm not sure If I'll have access to a computer though so hope everyone has a great 2 weeks. I hope I get to read some good news on you all when I get back and I hope that I'll be able to report that I made my summer heat challenge!
Talk to you all when I get back.
Maggie

lilybelle
07-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Have a great trip NTL. I'll miss seeing you on the exercise challenge.
My shopping day is done. I found 2 very pretty dresses and bought both of them. They were on sale. I got a haircut and style and bought new shoes as well. Since I am so much bigger on top, I had to get a size 12 in the dresses, but the fit was so flattering that you can't tell that I have no butt and bird legs. I hope to get some pic's at the wedding of me and my DH with him in a tuxedo.
I had been all worried about shopping with my MIL , but it was a good trip. It took her forever to find anything to wear. She wears a 16Petite and we went to every store in the mall. She absolutely loved the dresses that I bought and made me feel better about making my own choices. All in all, it was a good day. I am tired. We were at the mall for 6 hrs.
I did find some other dresses too that I really liked, while we were shopping for her, but I decided that 2 was enough for now. Since I am shopping for furniture now, I need to be more careful of my spending.

needtolose4me2
07-20-2006, 07:10 AM
That's great news about the dress lillybelle, I know what you mean about size, I'm going to be the same way I think. right now I'm a 10 or 12 in pants and a xlarge in tops. I hate it. But I did jut go down a bra size, so maybe that's good news!
enjoy the wedding. I look forward to some pictures!
I will miss being here! hopefully I can find a computer to at least check in once in a while.
take care
maggie

needtolose4me2
07-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Oh, I don't know how I forgot to mention this - my weighinday is usually Sunday, but I wanted a "going away" weight to hold onto, so I got on the scale this morning and lost 2 lbs. this week so far!! YIPPEE I can't believe I"m headed towards the low end of the 150"s. I don't know how I did it this week. haven't been eating much because of the heat and my exercises has been down a bit too. but hey, who's complaining?
maggie

lady_adnerb
07-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Robin: How did the day at the park go?

Lily: Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on the dress & hopefully you can get pictures :)

Danielle: Your DH is a very wise man! But I also hear you on the hard to not listen to your mom thing. Good luck and we'll be here if you need us!!

NTL: WTG on the 2 pounds!!! Have a great 2 week vacation and sounds like you've got it all under control! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Well, I think it's FINALLY sinking in that I can't continue to do LC during the week and eat what I want on the weekend. Not if I want to see the scale go down. I'm only down 1 pound from a couple weeks ago. Whereas I HAD gone down 3. Luckily this weekend I'm not going to my parents house (so shouldn't be tempted by desserts) so I SHOULD be able to stay OP. I'm going to work on one weekend at a time. If it ever cools off I should start getting into an exercise routine as well. But this heat just drains me so I really don't do ANYTHING. I'm always so tired feeling!! I hate it! I also need to increase the water intake. Only getting about 1/2 of what I SHOULD be getting. Good news is my rings don't feel as tight. So maybe water's starting to disappear. :cb: Hopefully it keeps going!!

Juxtapose
07-20-2006, 09:02 AM
needtolose4me2 - good luck on your trip. I know that traveling with kids can be a really PITA. ;) WTG on the weight loss.

lilybelle - yay. I love shopping. Can't wait to see the pics. :)

lady_adnerb - I know what you mean about the heat. I've been staying close to the AC for a while now. lol

Well.. as far as me goes. :) The scale finally moved and the TOM is just about over. Whew. Why do we get to be the lucky sex?

I'm beyond proud of myself right now. I have stuck to plan. I never stick to a plan for too long. lol But so far, so good. I just keep reminding myself of all the cute clothes I will be able to fit into next Spring if I just keep at it. I'm tired of being fat. I hate it. That's my motivation. Oh.. that and all the cute boys I'll be able to flirt with. ;)

Positive energy all.

- Jux

lilybelle
07-20-2006, 09:49 AM
NTL, Congratulations on that 2lb. send off, that is great. Have fun.
Brenda, I know what you mean about the weekends, I have struggled with the same thing. With the wedding this weekend, I am sure my eating won't be perfect.
Juxtapose, Congratulations for sticking with the program, I sure know it isn't always easy, but I sure know that it works great too. Good luck on your continued success.
NTL, I had to add that I am very happy to be down bra sizes. I am down to a 36C from 42DD. My chest looks almost normal instead of huge. I was tired of carrying them big girls around every day. Why couldn't I have been blessed with narrow shoulders instead of these football shoulders? Then, I'd be able to wear all the cute , small shirts. I see very few women on here hoping for a flat butt and bird legs. LOL

RobinW
07-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Good Morning

Maggie~ have a great time on your trip!! Florida !!! I love it there!! WTG on your lbs lost!!! :bravo:

Brenda~ I think you and I are at about the same place in our brains :lol: I goofed up yesterday, and ended up with a wicked headache this morning. Kinda like a kick in the head to remind me to smarten up! :lol3: Im glad your rings are fitting better, I hate that feeling too.

Lily~ I cant wait to see your pictures!! Im glad you had a nice time shopping!

Jux~ cute clothes is a great motivator!! :lol: Keep up the great work.

The amusement park was a blast. The other little girl we brought with us, was seriously sheltered :lol: It was fun just watching her come off the rides yelling "that was seriously fun!!" I went on the roller coaster with them the 1st time, and the poor girl screamed herself hoarse! The girls went on it 2 more times. We're all sunburnt, even with lotsa sunscreen on! We were in bed by 9 last night :lol:

I did decide while I was there in the water park, that next year, I am not going to look like this! again next year!! Im so tired of my lumpy droopy look!!!!!

Ive also made another decision.....dh has wanted me to get a tattoo, but I havent found anything I really like enough to have done. So.....I have decided on a dragon....I love dragons, and have been practising drawing them for a while now. I plan on drawing one for dh, so I thought a female version of the one I do for him, would do wonderfully for me :D

So my promise to myself, no matter how hot it is, I will get to the gym for cardio at least 3x next week, until I am under 200lbs. Then I will be at the gym 5x a week, for cardio and weight training. I want, I want, I want the body I know I am capable of attaining.

Have a great day ladies!

needtolose4me2
07-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks all! I'll be in touch!
maggie

lady_adnerb
07-20-2006, 05:38 PM
I want my belly button pierced. I said IF I could ever get it flat I'd get it pierced, but you know, I've had 2 kids. I don't think (short of lypo) it'll EVER be flat enough for my liking..so am thinking of getting it done now. It's not like anyone's going to see it but DH and me!

(Note to Robin: LOVE the idea of the tattoos. Then again, I'm a tattoo lady myself :) Let me know when you get it, I'd love to see pics of it!!!!! )

Not even half the water intake today. Maybe that's why I feel headachy? We now have TWO AC's running, so I risked it and made liver & onions (used the stove). We'll see how the girls like it. Made it different. Usually I just fry it in veggie oil. This time I fried it in bacon grease. Good for the ol' arteries :lol: But it's a once in a while thing :) Time to go drink some water :)

SES
07-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I ordered these things called SupraSvelte drops that you put in your coffee and I started doing that on the July 17. My start weight wask 247 and this morning when I got on the scale I weighed 242. I couldn't believe it! I feel great. I don't have any side effects, if anything I feel better. It is all natural, and I like that. This product gets two thumbs up for me.

Ms Spotdog
07-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Scam out of Canada according to the internet search I just did.

Hey Robin, a dragon sounds mega cool! I would love to see it when you are done - hubby's too. My artist daughter is designing me a fairy/spirit guide/warrior tattoo. I can't wait to see what she comes up with. She talks to me often about what it means to me so she can capture all the elements that are important to me.

108 today. And we have a baseball game. Ick. I have to say thank you to you guys for letting me know that you all are possibly retaining water also. I really didn't think about that happening in the heat. I've been eating less and drinking more (I thought) but have seen my scale up the last few days and I was kinda doing a slow freakout until I read here that others were experiencing something simular. I thought with all the sweating weight would be down but I guess my body is worried about fluid levels in the heat so is holding on to every drop. My fingers/hands are very puffy.

My mom used to make liver and onions with some wine. I remember it being very good but I've never made it and I'm fairly sure the boys would not care for it. Let me know how your girls like it.

Have a nice afternoon/evening all.

Kel

RobinW
07-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Kel Id love to see it when she is done...it sounds really cool.

Here is what I was thinking....a dragon, (fairly large) wrapped around my middle, with the head coming right over my belly, and one eye being a jewel (in my belly button) without the jewel, he'd need an eye patch :lol3: I want it done in red and black in the same style as my dh's tattoos. Dh has full sleeves done. If you go to urban primitive .com you will see what I mean style wise. The ones done by Damon. That's who did all of his....he's in there too in the photos. Some really cool stuff there.

But....I need to get my belly flat too! I was thinking all this sitting in the water park yesterday watching all the women walking around. There wasnt one person there with a fit body....not one. It really got me thinking and wanting what I know I can attain. So along with the svelt body I seen for myself, I also envisioned exactly what kind of tattoo I want :lol:

Juxtapose
07-20-2006, 09:16 PM
All this talk of tattoos makes me wanna show off mine. lol

- Jux

lilybelle
07-20-2006, 11:38 PM
I have always been too chicken to get a tattoo. My son just got one on his left upper arm of his Army emblem. It looks pretty good, of course he has muscles for it. I have so many surgical scars it would be hard to find a place for one.

We went back to the mall tonite and got my DD a hairstyle and cut. She is really happy with it. I sure didn't want to get back out in that heat. It is 104 degrees here. Yuck, the only time I like it hot is if I am at the beach.

My eating hasn't been great with all the running around that I have been doing in preparation for this wedding. Sunday, I'll be back 100 % on program. I have been getting about 50 carbs a day for 2 days now, hope my weight doesn't suffer too much.

I bought a new king-size pillow top bed today with 2 sets of 1200 thread count sheets. Will pick it up tomorrow. It is so comfy, can't wait to have it. My DH liked the queen size bed we have, but I thought it was terribly uncomfortable. It was only a couple years old, but it just wasn't very good quality from the start. This new one seems like a dream sleep for me.

lady_adnerb
07-21-2006, 08:50 AM
I never thought to think about the cute clothes I could fit into if I was skinnier. That COULD be an awesome incentive. I'll have to start looking at clothes in the smaller sizes :lol: See if I can see something I like. Need to increase the water and exercise. Otherwise, eating has been OP :) But the weekend is coming :lol: I'm determined to get this weekend right. DH and I are going out to eat tonight so should be interesting :lol:

carolr3639
07-21-2006, 10:29 AM
That bed sounds wonderful. We have had a waterbed for 25 yr. but the new pillow tops could be better.

RobinW
07-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Afternoon :wave:

Dd and I have been cleaning all morning.....my mom is coming to visit!! :eek: gotta get the house clean! :lol: It should be a nice visit. My mom hasnt seen my dd since christmas!

I dont suspect I'll be op this weekend, but I havent forgotten my promise to myself, and my promise to get my exercise in "no matter what". Is anyone interested in a 100% commitment thread starting on monday?

Well, I think Im all done....except for getting after dd for a few things she forgot....but I got the "yes mom!!" answer for, and as Im sitting here I can see they arent done :lol: good memory she has, its just short!!

Wont be on much this weekend, so have a good one, and watch the carb count......I promise to not overdo it, and keep the carb count under 50.

Have a great weekend ladies!!

Sugar-N-Spice
07-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Good Afternoon ladies!

It looks like everyone is doing beautifully today. What a great way to go into a weekend I think!
I am doing alright, still struggling to stay 100% on plan and this irks me to no end. I tend to have the "all or nothing" approach and all that does is derail me even further. Must get out of this mindset! :mad:
DD's b-day is tomorrow. Of course there is cake-she's only turning 10. She hasnt quite embraced the whole "why must there be cake" thing yet! :lol: I have another DD who's b-day is 8/1 also, so sugar is roaming thru here just for a bit.
Have any of you with younger kids had success with turning your entire household low carb? I really think this would be so good for everyone, of course with more whole grains and fruits for the kids-maybe more South Beach? I just think everyone would feel so much better.....

Ohhhhh tatoos!!! I want one SO badly. I watch 2 shows on tv, Miami Ink on TLC, and Inked on A&E. I told DH that I wanted to fly to Miami and have one of those cutey guys give me a tatoo! ;) I think it would be fun, and one heckuva conversation piece, dontcha think? :lol: Would love a belly ring but am afraid you wouldn't be able to find it! My tummy is so flabby from 3 c-sections and rapid weight gain w/ each pregnancy! Blech! Getting old sux girls! :(

Anywho, nothing going on here but trying to stay cool in 113 degree heat! :hot: Thank goodness for a/c!!

Have an awesome day girls and be good to yourselves!

♥danielle

Juxtapose
07-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Boy I tell ya, I asked for it today. lol
I tried pulling on a pair of size 16 jeans today.
*grunt.... groan*
Damnit
well.. at least i got them over my thighs. lol
Couldn't get them buttoned though. I really just need to make myself wait. ah well.

give me another month.. and those size 16's are mine!

- Jux

lilybelle
07-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone, I am feeling well today. I weighed and am maintaining at 143. I was afraid that I might have gained with those 2 days of 50 carbs. I am just not totally sure yet what my maintenance carb level is. It is so scary to go up on them. I am satisfied with my weight, but certainly don't want to gain. I am going to get on treadmill tonite. DH is gone to the wedding rehearsal. He was surprised when he picked up his tuxedo last night and though it is black with white shirt, the vest and tie and kerchief is pink. He looks great in it. He says it takes a real man to wear pink. LOL, I encouraged him that he is a "real man". My dress is navy blue and very pretty, with a great fit. I bought 1 inch heels, I can't walk in those high heels. Never could. I plan to curl my hair and wear make-up. (Dread the make-up in this heat). Oh, my MIL loves my dress and says it "camouflages real well the fact that you have no butt". Isn't this sweet. Lol, I hear this from everybody.
DH's ex-wife will be at the wedding. She is always polite to me, but I don't consider us friends at all. I will be very cordial.
Didn't get my new bed picked up, will do it tomorrow or Monday. Just haven't had time.
I'm off to the kitchen now to make some grilled pork chops , salad and green veggies. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

lady_adnerb
07-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Ok. So last night I did well....except the cheese muffin they serve (21 G of carbs alone!) AND the bahama mama (have NO clue what they stuck in it, but I'm sure it wasn't LC), and I'm sure the salad dressing wasn't LC. BUT I didn't order fried shrimp (yeah me!). I had grilled shrimp with extra veggies. So even though the flippin scale is back UP again, I consider my eating a success!! ONWARD!!!

Sugar-N-Spice
07-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Good Afternoon Gang! :wave:

Getting a late start today with everything! We have the neighbors from "heck" that kept me up until 5am. I am not cut out for apartment life at all and am having a really rough time dealing with these pain in the butt neighbors we've not got living above us! It blows my mind how incredibly inconsiderate people can be and not have a clue or a care in the world about it! Anyways...'nuff about my whining!!!!

Jux- don't you worry, those 16's will slip on with ease in a matter of time, just you wait!!! And just think....14's....then 12's....... Woo hoo!!!!! Keep up the great work!

Lillybelle- I don't doubt for a second that you looked fabulous in your new dress! You have come so far in your journey! I love men in tuxedos, something about any many cleaning up well in a tux! :) Hope you get your new bed soon, sounds heavenly!!!!

lady_ad- I'd say you did pretty darn well for dinner! Go you!!! It's all what you make it and you definitely sounded like you were prepared for whatever came your way. I am the all or nothing type which knocks me over every time. I need to find your mindset and then I will be a-okay! :) Glad you had a good time and are well aware that what ESM (evil scale monster) says means nothing in the grand scheme of things!

I hope everyone's having a beautiful day. We are being threatened with a monsoon today, and right now outside is very dark and windy. Had one yesterday that blew out the power and shook dust & dirt everywhere, you should see my windows! Blech!

Anywho, take care everyone and be good to you!

♥danielle

lady_adnerb
07-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Danielle: Hope your weather is better soon. Monsoon, huh? Sounds scary!!! As for my mindset, I'm working on it. I just look at it this way, as often as I blow the weekends, the fact that the MAJORITY of what I ate wasn't bad! So to me, it was a good step. Baby steps.

Baseball was a blast. Hot, sticky, but fun. We lost, of course. Mainly because we had more kids playing on our team. YOUNG kids. So of course, that worked in the other teams' favor. Oh well, it was still fun! And I, of course, got EXERCISE w/out it seeming like exercise. So would like to do that more often. lol. Volleyball, softball, that type of stuff is a blast. Well, time for a shower, some water, and a relaxing night in front of the tube :)

lilybelle
07-23-2006, 11:45 AM
The wedding is done and the bride was beautiful. I was upset over the seating arrangements but am trying to just forget about it. I loved my dress and hope the pic's come out good. My DH looked great. They showed a slide show at the wedding of the bride and her sisters and it was very good. The food at the reception was not low-carb at all and I ate some, including a piece of cake, so that wasn't great for me. We didn't get home after cleaning the country club until 2:00 AM and DH had to be at work at 7:00AM. I know he's exhausted and is working 16 hrs. today. I plan to cook dinner for him and take it to him. I am trying to get back on program today and desperately need to exercise.
I hope everyone else has a great weekend and is able to stay on program much better than I have.

Ms Spotdog
07-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Lilybelle - Don't be hard on yourself about it. We all have to live and eat in the real world and special days like family weddings only come around once in a while. Plus, it helps if it was a planned cheat (not some random time that junk just 'jumped' into your mouth) - you just enjoy it, don't go overboard and then just eat cleanly the next meal/day. There usually isn't any bad results from it you just have to get into the right frame of mind. Glad to hear that it was a nice affair. I would love to see pictures! Did you have someone take a nice pic of your hubby and you?

Well, it is supposed to be 115 here today. I'm going to stay in all day (NOT a yardwork day!) but they are asking us not to use extra electricity so as not to cause blackouts. Unfortunately, if I stay in I want to run the dishwasher, washing machine, vacuum! Don't think that is going to help the cause, huh?

Have a nice sunday all. I guess I will get back to organizing my paperwork for court tomorrow morning. Please everyone keep good thoughts for me and pray that Karma will be in action!

Kel

lilybelle
07-23-2006, 12:38 PM
There were tons of pic's taken and I'm sure we will be able to get some of them. The photographer was a family friend that has a photo studio. This wedding ended up being quite expensive with 250 guests but I know that it was worth it. The food was all catered and it was great. I had planned on having what everyone else was eating, plus cake, so it wasn't a surprise for me.
The bride and groom just had a new house built. They are disappointed that the inspection won't be done until they get back from the honeymoon, so they will have to stay at her old home for a few days. It seems the houses are never completely finished on schedule. She will graduate from RN school in December. He is in college also. I think they will have a very happy future together and I am proud of both of them.

lady_adnerb
07-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Ok. Something surprises me (kind of). I played baseball yesterday. Sore muscles and all today. And of course the scale decided to drop 2 pounds today. lol. Guess that should be incentive to see what would happen if I exercised a week straight :lol3:

lilybelle
07-23-2006, 04:00 PM
WTG Brenda, I ate a bunch of high carb , salty food at the wedding reception and my scale is up 2 lbs. I have an exercise partner for tonite, so I plan to get my butt in gear. I am also having some extra water today and that just might help. My feet are a little swollen, so I am probably retaining some extra fluid too. Gosh, it is such a daily battle, even with maintenance, but I am hanging in there. I am on a cleaning spree today, so house should look good when I get done.