Mini-Goals - Wow it felt soooooo good...

View Full Version : Wow it felt soooooo good...

Misti in Seattle
07-16-2006, 11:22 PM
This morning at church (we are casual) we had an outdoor service and community BBQ. I am so tired of wearing "cow clothes" so I put on my cropped knit leggings and long T-shirt. "Regular" clothes" LOL. It felt so wonderful not to have to dress in gigantic stuff and blouses which look like my grandmother's wallpaper. (WHY oh WHY do they make plus size clothes in such materials??)

Anyway several people commented on how much weight I have lost... and my best friend came up and said she had noticed how skinny my legs are... you could see them really well in the legging pants! It DID feel nice!! :)

Oh and also at the pool this afternoon I was working out and talking to a woman and she said, "Oh you must be the person my Mom told me about... s he said there is always a woman here in the pool doing aerobics." :) I said, Yep that's me! :dance:

Heather
07-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Great NSVs!!!! It's great that people are really starting to notice!

lilybelle
07-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Misti, I saw your pic's and you do have some skinny legs. WTG, I am glad you felt comfy in your "regular" clothes and I'm sure everyone has noticed your fantastic weight loss. You go girl.

Lenrod
07-17-2006, 12:58 AM
That's awesome, Misti. Keep it up.

PinkSnowDays
07-17-2006, 02:21 AM
Good for you!!! I'm sure it is great to hear others notice your hard work and you seem to be enjoying and loving the new you!! Keep it up!

Cassie501107
07-17-2006, 10:26 AM
That's WONDERFUL! And I have often wondered why they make plus size clothes soooo...ugly.;)

Angel33
07-17-2006, 10:37 AM
That's awesome Misti. You are doing so good.
:rofl: Also had to laugh at the comment on the clothes. I too have always wondered why they use some of the most awful looking prints for plus size clothing, I mean come on.
I already stand out being fat, I definitly don't need some crazy, ugly print to make it even worse.

Anyways, keep up the good work!:carrot:

TamiL
07-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Congratulations!! I can't wait for people to actually notice I've lost weight. My weight has always bounced around so I will really have to get smaller for people to notice I guess.

phantastica
07-17-2006, 11:22 AM
"Oh you must be the person my Mom told me about... she said there is always a woman here in the pool doing aerobics." :) I said, Yep that's me! :dance:

That is awesome! Not only have you lost weight, you're developing great habits and gaining a reputation as "an exerciser"! THAT is cool.

I have started to wear clothing that shows off my figure a little better, too. I used to wear blouses that draped from breast-down, and hung well past my "breadbasket". Now I wear shirts that define my waist and hang just above the breadbasket. I'm slightly insecure about it, but I figure I'm wearing them to work -- not on a date or anything -- who cares if my coworkers know I have a gut!

boarderchick
07-17-2006, 10:02 PM
That's just great Misti!! Did I read on another post that you're 59 years old? No way! It must have been a typo? Seriously...