Old 07-16-2006, 06:01 PM   #1  

Question newbie with question

I am new to Core, will start tomorrow. Have had some success with Flex, South Beach, but need to get going again. My questions is....is flaxmeal Core? Can't seem to find an answer with a search. Appreciate the help and good luck to all!
Sue
Suelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:29 AM   #2  
rosemarygracelea

S/C/G: 304/242/150

Height: 5'4

Smile I'm new here--

Hi, I'm new to these boards--Will be starting on the CORE Plan soon--Reading all about it right now---1 question--- Is coucous a grain? Its one you can have whenever you want? Trying to get the cereals and grains sorted out . This whole site has a tremendous amount of subjects--I do belong to TOPS, but am trying a different way of eating now. The CORE Plan looks similar to Lowcarb, except it's FF foods instead of cream, and I get to eat beets, winter squash, potatoes,sweet potatoes and carrots--All my favorite vegetables.Am starting to read at the beginning--A long ways to go. Will go now. rosemarygracelea
rosemarygracelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:15 AM   #3  
honourary nutcase

S/C/G: 238/234/196

Height: 5'10"

hey there rosemary
yeah cous cous is a grain that you can have. now im not on core as im in the UK im on the no count. where it is free to have. You have your 3 meals a day and snack only on fruit, veg and WW fruities at other times.

Loz x
hugmequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:06 AM   #4  
Melissa

Sorry, I think your posts got lost in here. Sometimes we forget about this area!
We're so glad to have you join us! Please feel free to jump right into our chats and other daily threads. We love to talk about anything and everything dealing with our weight loss (our lives!) and would love to get to know all of you.

Sue--I'm sorry, I don't know what flaxmeal is!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:54 AM   #5  
rosemarygracelea

Default flaxmeal

Hi, Isn't flaxmeal. flaxseeds ground up into a meal? I don't know where it fits in--Today is July 31, and I just found my posts--Still get confused at times how all these posts work--Ive just discovered the CORE recipes on he pdf file--there are 184 pages of recipes looks like about 75% CORE--I just love recipes--It really helps in sticking with a diet--Will be back later. Hope everyone is doing well. Rosemary
Old 08-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #6  
rosemarygracelea

Wink Have another question--

Hi, I posted a question , yesterday or day before about Cool Whip, and I can't find where I posted it, to see if anyonwe had an answer for me---It takes awhile to get accumlated to all this posting and such----My question was--(I'll remember where I put it this time-lol) about SF Cool Whip-- Someone said, that Cool Whip is CORE if only 2 T are used-----but anymore and you count the points--right? Well, what about SF Cool Whip___ I read that the whole carton of Cool Whip was either 6 points or 8 points---Now would SF cool whip be the same? I'm Sugar Free for 6 1/2 months, and the SF Cool Whip over SF puddings and Jello really helps--Hope someone has an answer. Thank you. Rosemary(hopefully not confused anymore)
Old 08-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #7  
Melissa

Rosemary, hi there! Sorry for the confusion. It can take some time to get used to the boards.
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for your question. You would have to know the total calories, grams of fiber, and fat content. We'll see if someone can find out!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:49 AM   #8  
Another Tammy

Well, Cool Whip is not Core at all. It just happens to be very low in points so that it's not a big hit, if any, if you eat some. I'm basing this on the Cool Whip Free (because that's what I buy) but, if I remember correctly, 2 tbsp. is 15 calories. It takes 50 calories (assuming no fat or fiber) to add up to 1 point. So,it would take 6 tbsp. to be one point. Now, I'm assuming you're not going to put that much CW on your pudding but do you actually measure when you scoop it? I know I don't! I just do 2 scoops with my regular spoon. I know it's not 6 tbsp. but since I don't actually measure, to be safe I just count it as a point and deduct from my weekly flex points. However, if you measure or only use a small amount, it's still not Core, it's just a small enough amount of calories that you don't have to deduct from your Flex.

Just keep in mind, though, that if you put 2 tbsp of FF Cool Whip (15 cal- technically 0 points) on a 35 calorie non-Core dessert (35 cal also not yet 1 point), those added up will make 1 point. Or if you have 15 calories of Cool Whip 3 times a day (45 cal. total), that does add up to just about 1 point and will have to use a flex point. 0+0 does not always = 0 points. You still have to pay attention to know when the calorie combinations add up to a point. Hope I've helped and not confused you further! It's late so it could very well be the latter!

Still, welcome to the boards! You'll get the hang of things soon enough! Just have fun. The girls here are fabuloso!

Last edited by Ms. Sassy; 08-02-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Ms. Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:21 AM   #9  
rosemarygracelea

Thank you Ms. Sassy, That does help to explain it-now if I'm using too much, I'm sure I'll be able to tell by not losing weight! I'm coming from a low- carb way of eating-- So a little change--I'm getting more vegetables to eat(carrots, beets, winter squash, yams, potatoes, in exchange for not much bread ,and no regular cheese. I think I can do it! Rosemary