Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Nutrisystem Ladies-Losing Weight Together!!!!!!!!!!!!!

campbellredhead
07-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Ladies lets support one another-looks like the threads are behind on posting,
Lets be there for one another, lets do this together.

I started Nutrisystem Saturday-so today is my second day!

I hope you all start posting here, so no one feels alone!!!

God Bless!

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 11:04 PM
I am game- I started yesterday :)

CdnWalkergirl
07-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Me too!

I unofficially started Monday with my food and start Monday with NS food.

campbellredhead
07-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Hi there,

I was getting discouraged it seemed like no one wanted to buddy up!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you ladies have,

I've been on NS 1 week and lost 4 pounds,
the 2 weeks directly prior to this past week, i was on Jenny Craig for 2 weeks, and lost 9 pounds-so total for 3 weeks is 13lbs.

YOu can do what ever you want, journal your food, or feelings, frustrations,
victories, you name it.

We can do this together,

God Bless,
Jenny

HDStreetBob
07-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Here is fine for me- I am out of town but stayed OP! Boy am I proud!

Cannot weighin again till I get home.
Did you guys see the Dan Marino Contest on the Nutri system page? MY best buddy is his biggest fan- I would LOVE to win that jersey for her!

campbellredhead
07-24-2006, 10:43 AM
NO HD i didn't see the contest, i'll have to check it out. That is so terrific that you stayed on Program-Go you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!! We can do this!!!!!!!!!!

Last night i had my first splurge in 3 weeks, i had 2 slices of pepperoni pizza, full fat dressing on my salad and a roll and butter, but tummy paid for it, now i'm not used to all that fat and grease that i love............

Today is back on track, I didn't exercise Saturday, but yesterday i exercised in the pool for 30 min.

Today i need to get to the track and walk my mile with my daughter and maybe try to swim again, or do the exercise bike.

We'll see, have a super day ladies

Cdnwalkergirl-today is your day,
good luck, i hope you enjoy the food, and don't feel hungry. I didn't feel hungry with all of the things you could add,
i didn't enjoy the food at first, but my taste is changing-Praise the LORd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck,

God Bless

CdnWalkergirl
07-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi ladies

We started officially with the food today. I had the eggs for breakfast and the cheese tortellini for lunch. I am surprised at how much I enjoyed both.

We camped on the weekend so the scale had me up 2lbs this morning but down 3% body fat. I'll take it:)

campbellredhead
07-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I haven't had the eggs, i didn't order any, i'm glad you are enjoying the food.
How are you doing with hunger????

Have a super great first day/

CdnWalkergirl
07-24-2006, 05:42 PM
So far I've been OK with hunger. I have been drinking lots of water and drank 2 caffeine free diet cokes.

Does vegetable soup count as a veggie?

campbellredhead
07-24-2006, 09:42 PM
i don't think so.
But you could call and ask a counselor to make sure,
or log on, and to the chat thing with a counselor to make sure.

Great Job

HDStreetBob
07-25-2006, 12:24 AM
Hello Ladies!

How are you all doing today? Congrats so much on getting back OP Campbell!

I had the bananna muffins for breakfast- not sure I can get used to them LOL! But the Pizza for dinner was AWESOME!

Hey Julie congrats on your first day!

campbellredhead
07-25-2006, 10:09 AM
I haven't had the banana muffins but i had the blueberry bran-oh my they were beyond awful i almost choked on them.....................................

Yes the pizza is very good.

I had salisbury steak and gravy and rice,
i didn't enjoy it,

Have a super day

HDStreetBob
07-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Yup- and the lemon poppyseed are just as bad... sadly I ordered a lot of them!

I did not order the salisbury steak- and wont ! Thanks!!!

CdnWalkergirl
07-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi ladies

Well I faced my first hurdle and won. I am having a very stressful week and today it just got worse. Normally I would turn to food but instead I asked myself how I would feel after and I knew I would feel worse so I went for a brief walk instead. I plan to go to a yoga class tonight

Right now I'm enjoying a salad (mixed greens, pepper(borrowed from dinner) and some chicken 1 protein) and plan to make the Spicy Oriental Vegetables for lunch.

How are you gys doing today?

campbellredhead
07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Cdn
i was teribbley stressed out last night, and ate xtra veggies-no biggy
and then ate a 2nd dessert-but it was one of the better choices-soy chips-not as many calories or fat as some of the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HDstreet-you can exchange things if you want, i guess you call, and they give you a special number,
you pay to ship it back to them, but you don't have to pay for them shipping you the replacements,
I have some things i want to exchange myself.

*hugs*

We can do this-i keep trying to think, day by day

HDStreetBob
07-25-2006, 08:44 PM
That was a good choice Red!

We can do this and we will succeed!

spunky1
07-26-2006, 02:01 AM
I didn't know you can exchange things. I have a lot of eggs; I don't like real eggs that much, so the instant stuff is not for me at all. But I bought them off of e-bay, so I'm not sure I can exchange them. E-bay is a great place to buy nutri-system products at a slightly cheaper price.

HDStreetBob
07-26-2006, 11:01 AM
I am going to see about returning the muffins- I have 7 left EEEKKK!

Not sure if you can return them spunky but thanks for the tip on the food on ebay! Never thought to look there.

campbellredhead
07-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi Spunky welcome,

I don't think you can exchange them if they are bought off of ebay,
but call, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Today i managed to get in 15 minutes on the cardio bike,
and i had lots of veggies

but i need to get at least 2 more cups of water in tonight-shouldn't be a problem, some fruit, dessert, and a fat.

I think i'm going to try putting peanut butter on my chocolate fudge cake, and then microwaving it, i heard that tastes awesome.

HDStreet, how are things going for you?
Good i hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep going ladies.

HDStreetBob
07-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Good! I got two major paintings finished (I am an artist) and so now I am going to celebrate with a fugi Apple!

:)

I do not think much can help the cake but it sure cant be worse LOL!

CdnWalkergirl
07-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Today was another great day.

I did however try I food I didn't like. It was the vegetarin pasta.

I haven't tried the muffins yet. DH did and he thought they were dense and dry.

HDStreetBob
07-26-2006, 10:26 PM
He He He- Your husband was being kind! *GRIN*

Today for lunch had chicken with veggies- it was good. I think I really prefer the little cans of food vice the boxes...

campbellredhead
07-27-2006, 02:30 PM
I had Chicken ala king for lunch, it wasn't bad, i was nervous about trying it.

Hope you ladies are having a super day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I walked 1 mile today-yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

cyndyjlo
07-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Dear Ladies,

Tomorrow will be my first day on nutrisystem. Hope to be in touch with you all!

Journey33
07-27-2006, 11:33 PM
If anyone is interested in a lot of Nutrisystem food, please let me know. I've changed my mind about the program. I've only had the food for 3 weeks, so it is still fresh. I have a 30 day supply (MSRP $289 + Shipping).

I will also email you a list of the food included in the order. Good luck to each of you!:) :)

campbellredhead
07-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Hi cyndyjlo-Today is your day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is everyone doing???

I weigh in tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless

cyndyjlo
07-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi, all! Well today I hung in there - even when the babies were crying and all I wanted was something to calm me (meaning food). I didn't feel hungry until the afternoon, even after my snack of a green apple and a measly portion of FF cheese :D . I know that it will take a few days to adjust. Today I had the tropical shake for breakfast - made with the yogurt and fruit blended right in there, some type of asian noodle thing and a spinach salad with a hard boiled egg and ff vinigarette for lunch, the above snack and the veggie lasagna with a salad for dinner. The lasagna was pretty good, and I am looking forward to trying one of the desserts.
I have been trying to exercise, but I am too tired most days. I am taking 4 online grad courses and I tend to work on them at night while the kids are asleep, so last night I was up until 1:30. I don't do well without my sleep, but there are only 4 weeks left of these courses, so I'll make it through!

campbellredhead: I am so excited to hear your results tomorrow! You will be an inspiration to me!

Good Luck to all of you tonight and tomorrow! It's nice to know I'm not doing this alone! :hug:
P.S. I adjusted my tracker for this time around - the last time!

cyndyjlo
07-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Good morning, everyone! The day has just begun, but I am excited for day 2! I will even try to exercise today :carrot:

Have a great one!

campbellredhead
07-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Hello everyone,

Hey cynyjlo, great job first day, *hugs*
i know it is so tempting when stress hits us to eat, i'm so an emotional eater, i try to binge with veggies now instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Hdstreet, hows it going?-*hugs*

i didn't lose a pound this week, and i only cheated one meal.
But i will not give up-i'm sure next week or the next, i'll make up for the loss.

I'm gonna keep at eating the program food, and exercising as much as my lazy butt can.

*hugs*

We can do this-we really can*hugs*
Have a super weekend,

God Bless

cyndyjlo
07-29-2006, 11:46 PM
campbellredhead - I'm sorry that this week wasn't a big loss for you - I understand the frustration that goes along with that. DON'T GIVE UP! Keep at it, because you will get results with persistance.

I wonder how much the huge amounts of sodium in the NS foods effect our weight loss. I am retaining water after only 2 days (my wedding band is super tight). I'm sure that it will pass. DH keeps saying, "Just do it, it's an exact science, so it will work!" Of course, he's not on the program, but I do need the encouragement.

HDStreetBob
07-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Hello NS Chickies!

I am doing okay- I sort of cheated (see other thread... )
How are you both doing? I need a kick in the butt to exercise- I did clean the house and garage does that count? *GRIN*

Red- you will start loosing again and it will melt off! :) :) :)
We are going to get to goal!

Cyndi- I do not know about the sodium... I used to be a really bad salt adder (Salt adder- sounds like a snake.... HA! )
so I am sure this is more healthy for me :)

campbellredhead
07-30-2006, 10:59 AM
i weighed myself again yesterday 2x, and i did lose 1 pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyndi-if you do like to add salt to the food, which i do, i use mortons salt substitute, that works good, giving the food more flavor, but is sodium free, i used it when i was pregnant because i had toximia, and the doctor said it was ok.

make sure you drink at least 64oz of water, more is better though.

i heard that NS does have low sodium food, but they dont advertise it,
i guess you need to call, or email them to get information.

Didn't get any exercise in yesterday, but i did good with everything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Hey HDstreet, its ok to cheat-you just gotta get back on the horse, exercising during the week is much easier for me, because then my husband isn't home!!!!!!!!!!!!

babsy
07-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi girls! I just oredered NutriSystem and have not received my food yet, but I'm so excited to start that I can hardly stand it! I have 40 lbs. to loose, and hope to loose it by the beginning of the new year. Is this reasonable do you think? I want my old body back, but I know that it won't be perfect again (I'm 45) but just to be able to feel good in a pair of shorts or jeans will be awesome! Please let me know how you all are doing!

cyndyjlo
07-30-2006, 09:55 PM
campbellredhead - Congrats on your pound loss!!!!

HDStreetBob - I definitely think housecleaning qualifies as exercise, especially on these hot days.:cool:

babsy - Welcome & good luck! I definitely think that your goal is realistic, you're talking 8 lbs a month or 2 per week. I would just take it as it comes, because even if you lose 20 by the new year and still have some work to do, you'll feel a lot better than you do now. If you only lose 1 lb a week on average, then you would still be starting next summer at your goal weight! Go for it!

campbellredhead
07-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Hi Babsy welcome, i have 40 more pounds to lose,
yes it is definitely a reasonable goal you have!!!!!!!!!!
*hugs*
You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Babsy, did you get a $15 discount for being referred?
If not-and you want to,

Just let me know ladies, if you do it,

We went swimming tonight, so i got some exercise, and i did good with everything except i didn't drink enough water.

And of course today i get my period joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless

God Bless

babsy
07-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I'll let you know when I get my food - I'm really excited!

Love you all and so does the Lord!

cyndyjlo
07-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Good morning! Just checking in. I checked a calendar and figured out that if I only lose 1 lb a week on average, I could still be at my goal weight by next year's birthday. Wouldn't that be great?

Today didn't start out too great - a guy in a very nice blue corvette pulled out of his parking spot right into my mini van. I was still parked, but I had the twins in the car and it shook me up a bit. Last summer I was hit while parked as well, and both times I was in the car! I figure that everyone has to have their share of accidents and I'm lucky these are so minor. DH will not be happy about having to take the car in though.

Hoping for a better afternoon!
Love, Cyndy

babsy
07-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Good morning, Ladies!

I hope everyone has a terrific day! Even though I feel frumpy and just plain yucky, a lady told me this morning that I was beautiful and that she had admired me for a long time! What a boost for my self esteem! Even though I'm 40 lbs over where I need to be to be healthy and look ok, she still found something beautiful in me. Boy, did I need that today - when I tried on 3 outfits before I found one that fit nicely! Let's all remember today, that we are beautiful - inside and out!

Babs

Nirvanagurl
07-31-2006, 04:03 PM
I just ordered my first order from nutrisystem Friday I think it was..yah it says its been shipped but I think I have a few days to wait for it to get here yet:) But I wanted to say hi because soon I will be joining you all:)

I ordered the vegatarian favorites package, I was a vegan but in the past few weeks I cracked and went back to being just a vegatarian and that has been hard for me, alot of guilt there..ALOT..lol and before that I was a raw foods vegan for a little while..so more guilt..and my eatting has just gotten funky because it is soo emotionally fueled and I torture myself with it, so I thought by doing nutrisystem, it takes away alot of the control that I struggle with, I paid way too much money for basically dehydrated over processed food, but because I did pay way too much money for it, I have a feeling I am just stubborn enough in that way to stick with it:)
And maybe it will atleast help me to remember how to eat normally..
when you go raw foods or snackfest vegan for a bit you do kinda forget how the **** to eat I think..atleast I did..thats just me though..so I am using nutrisystem to just sort of get myself back together ..

so anyways I came around here because and maybe I am just not * used * to it yet but the bullentin board on the site just seems to go really slow for me, dosnt seem to work good and seems a lil complex to use, just not feeling my groove there :) and I have been around this place off and on for a long time so I figured I would find ppl here:)

so here I am too:)

babsy
07-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Hello Jessa,

I just received my food minutes ago! I'm going to start tomorrow. I feel really positive about this - and I'm with you, alot of money to spend so I'd better be stubborn enough to stick with it. My one fear is that I'll still be cooking for my family so I hope that I can handle eating my own food as well. I am an emotional eater also, so I need to remember to eat for hungers sake. We'll see what happens. Good luck to you!

Babs

babsy
07-31-2006, 04:46 PM
By the way, Jenny, thanks for the heads up on the discount. I will call them - any little bit helps, right? Congrats on your weight loss - what an awesome thing for you and what a great inspiration for me! Since we both have 40 lbs to go, let's do it together!!!!

Babs

Spedmom
07-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Hi Ladies! Hope there's room for one more, because my food arrived today!!!! I am soooooooo ready for this.

I had previously lost 40 pounds on Atkins, but unfortunately my cholesterol skyrocked from 178 to 298 in the course of just a few months. I'm not much for cooking, am a teacher and a single mom (recently), so time is of the essence. I'm actually looking forward to not having to worry much about food prep while I shed these pounds. Looks like you are a very supportive bunch and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Paula

cyndyjlo
07-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Welcome to Jessa and Paula! Babsy, how exciting that you are officially beginning!

I am returning some of the foods that I really hated in exchange for some of the ones I really like today. Nutrisystem was terrific about it, now we'll see how quickly they replace the food. I'm finding it fairly easy to cook for the family and stay on plan - I try to make them an entree that is similar to mine, or just plain easy to make (tonight they had shake n bake porkchops) then I make enough vegetables and salad for all of us. I hardly notice that I am eating something different. Of course I haven't made them any of my true favorites, like some of my pastas, but that's okay, they are fine without those. I am just trying to keep it simple and so far that's working!

:) Cyndy

campbellredhead
07-31-2006, 09:18 PM
I had spinach ravioli tonight i put 2 pieces of FF cheese on top and let it melt, so that was a protein for me also. And i had a salad, it was yummy
and i had chocolate fudge cake for dessert, they taste pretty good if you put peanut butter on 1tsp is a fat, and then melt in microwave for 30 seconds.

Happpy Monday Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh no i totally didn't exercise, i went shopping with my aunt, while Olivia was at music camp....aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jenny

babsy
07-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey Jenny, I have an Olivia too! I love the name and so does my daughter! It is such an elegant, feminine name, but it also has a strength about it.

Babsy

campbellredhead
07-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Paula,

I do love the name Olivia,
if i have another girl one day,
i was thinking about Amelia
Amelia Noel or Amelia Grace and Olivia Rayne

That is why i'm losing weight so that i can get pregnant again and
have a healthy pregnancy and baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a single mom too, Olivia is 5 yrs old, i've only been married 2 yrs, my
anniversary is August 7th-just a few days away!!!!!!!!!!

So for basically 3 years i was alone, without a helper/spouse. I lived with my mother,
but i never "used" her or "abused" her, i took complete and full responsibility for olivia.
I left her dad when she was 11 months old, but he was never really there, he was always,
too busy, or something, he favored, drugs and alcohol and parties. But now i have my husband,
and Olivia has 2 dads, well if you ask her she'll say 3, because of Jesus.

*hugs* I know that you and i aren't the same age, and your daughter is older,
but i kinda know how it feels. *hugs*

Nutrisystem does truly take the worry out of eating. Just keep your little checkbook sized book in your purse with you and check off everything, it is great. My husband is doing similar with Smart ones, or lean cuisine etc, so i really don't cook, and Olivia eats very simple things anyway.

What grade do you teach? When do you guys go back to work?

Olivias going to Kindegarten,
I'm gonna really miss her.

My blood pressure has gone down on Nutrisystem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah,,,,

A great salt substitute is Mortons salt substitute, if you love salt like me.

email me anytime,

God Bless,
Jenny

campbellredhead
07-31-2006, 11:38 PM
cyndy-which foods did you really dislike???????

I only didn't really like salisbury steak, and chicken caccatorie,
the salisbury steak, i actually got down, the chicken, i threw away.

My favorites are probably the lasagna, and the chicken marsala, and chicken pizziola, macaroni and beef-tastes like hamburger helper

Lunch ones i like are the brocollie cheese soup-so yummy i add veggies to it,
the tuna and chicken salad are very good.

I'm basically happy with the food, there are still several things i haven't tried yet.

i just don't want to go through the bother of exchanging,
like the biscotti, i love biscotti, but not this one,

and the mochachino dessert bar-yuck
i love the peanut butter one though

the caramel corn is awesome, the chocolates are awesome
haven't tried the pudding yet.....

I'm so glad that you are doing so well feeding your family and staying on plan,
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I'm sorry about the fender bender, was the guy hot????????
that would've been my luck, then i'd really feel like a dork,
i just become a dork around hot guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well i used to, i'm not around them much anymore.

I'm so glad no one got hurt__PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*
Jenny

campbellredhead
07-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Babsy,

You got your food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
I was so overwhelmed, i was like what am i going to do with all of this,
Olivia thought is was fun to look at all the food. I cleaned out 4 shelves
out of my pantry and i have -
1-breakfast
2-lunch
3-dinner
4-dessert
and i just grab what i want,
it makes it easier

most peoples chocolates are melted, because of the heat, i just put mine in the fridge or freezer, and when it was time to eat, i broke up my clump of chocolate and ate it, it still tasted great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had several items missing, so make sure you have all of the meals you should have, if not do NOt hesitate to call NS with any problems.

I am so an emotional eater,
i don't have to really cook for family-so i'm blessed, hubby is eating lean cuisines and stuff, and Olivia eats simple foods.

What i've heard around the bulletin boards is that people try to make dishes similar to what they are eating that night from Nutrisystem, so it makes it easier, or at least try to stay away from cooking something that is your favorite.

Olivia is a pizza freak, i am too, so i can't even be around it, so if she wants pizza she has to have it at my moms or something, i just can't tempt myself like that right now..................................

Be strong,
Pray-Keep reminding yourself that you are worth it, that you want to be healthier, not just for yourself, but for your family, your future, and that you also want to feel better about your appearance, which does so much for our emotional state, and try to fit in as much activity as possible.

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*
Jenny

campbellredhead
07-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Jessa,

Nutrisystem is known to substitute meals, so do NOT hesitate to call customer service if they dare send you something with meat, or something.
And in that case , they need to not make you pay to ship it back to them.

I was a vegetarian for 2 years in highschool,
well i ate eggs, cheese, milk, i just didn't eat flesh from any living creature,
or broth, that type of thing.
I just love meat so much, even though it really does sicken me when i think about it, so i claim ignorance is bliss!!!!!!!

*hugs*

You'll get your food soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny

campbellredhead
07-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Hows it going JDstreet??????????????????????????????

campbellredhead
08-01-2006, 10:01 AM
199-Onederland yaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very excited this morning

cyndyjlo
08-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi, Ladies! Today I exercised terrific will power as all I want to eat is junk! I made it through though, so I'll pat myself on the back.:D
Still no exercise:(

campbellredhead: I really like most of the food - especially the chocolates!!!! I hate the eggs and the chicken salad (which I love in real life) and I was disappointed by a chocolate cookie. On the whole I find that I like the beef dishes better the chicken (the opposite in real life). There is still so much to try, but I have loved the pasta dishes (I had those spinach raviolis too!) and the raspberry and chocolate cereals are great, as are the tropical shakes (I add soy milk and frozen fruit to mine). But I would stay on NS forever just because of the chocolates!

The fender bender guy wasn't hot - he was very nice though, and immediately went into a sob story about his 20 year marriage that just ended with many details that I never asked for (I only asked for his insurance info, as I had my babies in the car!) Fortunately he seems to be a nice person that is honest and there should be no trouble getting the car fixed without going through insurance.
Your daughter sounds precious! My DH is having lean cuisines a few nights a week too.

And finally CONGRATULATIONS ON ONEDERLAND!!! :carrot: :hug: We are all so proud of you! What a huge accomplishment!
Much love and God Bless!

Cyndy

CurveeHousewife
08-03-2006, 04:26 PM
hi :) i have just been reading over the posts...i ordered NS from QVC 3 days ago, now i'm just waiting for it to arrive. i'm very heavy although i feel like i'm stuck in the wrong body because i have this drive for fashion and fitness but somehow the food doesn't fall in to place there somewhere. i don't overeat but i'm sure i eat the wrong things, maybe not even enough to keep my calories burning. so i decided since i don't have the willpower i will try NS and see how that goes.

it's great to find a place for support, i'm really excited for the food to come! i definitely have the motivation now to do this for myself, i can't wait to wear a size 18! that is my first long term goal. i'd say my short term goal is a solid 22, and we'll go from there! i just love clothes so much but i'm pushing it up there at the top of the sizes and i just don't have a choice anymore much on what looks good and fits properly, especially the way they make some plus sized clothes! anyway, you ladies are in my prayers and i'll be talkin to you more soon!

CurveeHousewife
08-03-2006, 04:28 PM
also, why didn't my weight tracker work? and how do i make my icon my picture? :) thanks

HDStreetBob
08-03-2006, 08:10 PM
199-Onederland yaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very excited this morning

WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! DOIN THE HAPPY DANCE FOR RED!!!!!

:carrot: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HDStreetBob
08-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Welcome Curvee!

Not sure about the tracker- did you paste it into your signature?

I really am liking the NS program. When I follow it for a few days I get into the ""zone" and am not hungry. But if I eat ANY sugar- even an earned treat- I am craving it for 3-4 days after and I have to get back into the groove.

Today I shopped and bought fruit and veggies and yogurt. :)

It feels so good to be feeding my kids healty too- before I was so busy and tired that I just drove to mcd's... Now I have a drawer in the fridge that has healthy snack food for them so when they come up to me saying they are hungry I tell them to go to the snack drawer :)

Anyway- I mailed back my returns today! I eagerly look forward to getting more of that chocolate!!!! *GRIN*

Hey - I just saw that a few of you were single moms too! Add me to the list :) I am remarried now but there is nothing like thinking back on the SM years. They build character and stregnth! (and the value of every dime in my case LOL!)

cyndyjlo
08-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi, all!
Welcome Curvee! You probably didn't paste it into your signature window, like HD said - there is a long code type thing that you have to copy and paste. Welcome to the forum - we hope to hear from you often!

HD - I also feel that I am feeding my children better. suddenly the house is full of fruit and vegetables that aren't going bad!

Today I tried the sloppy joe - I will never eat it again!
Today I also tried the thin crust pizza - small but good!!!

littlefriend
08-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Hi everyone!
Yesterday I ordered the NutriSystem Nourish Classic American Plan from QVC, so I am waiting on my arrival also.

I am so glad I found this board and thread! It looks like a good place to be while you are starting and doing a specific diet plan.

I am not 100% sure of my weight today, so I will have to weigh the day I start and make it accurate. So, if you see it change, don't think I am trying to cheat already! :D

I am looking forward to chatting and getting to know all of ya'll better. (yes, I am from the south!) :D

campbellredhead
08-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome Littlefriend and Curveehousewife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that both of you will really enjoy Nutrisystem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day, but i weighed in today, and i'm down 2 more pounds, i haven't exercised this week, my knee is acting up, and i had to order a new brace....

*hugs*

HDStreetBob
08-04-2006, 10:56 AM
I am on a plateau- fluxuating up and down within a pound at 160....

I have kept on plan so I suppose I need more exercise. Rats... HA HA HA!

aphil
08-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Nutrisystem ladies-there is a new Sticky that I put up in the main page of the Diet Meal Delivery/NS/Jenny Craig forum. Please read. :)

Thanks,
Aphil

campbellredhead
08-04-2006, 08:29 PM
I read it, and i apologize i for breaking any rules,
I know now-thanks!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless

campbellredhead
08-04-2006, 08:31 PM
HDStreet, how long has the plateau lasted?
My 2nd week, i didn't lose anything,
but then i weighed in like 2 days later, and the
weight loss showed up, so keep going,
and make sure you are drinking lots of water,
getting rid of any water retention!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*

YOu can do it

Spedmom
08-05-2006, 02:12 AM
I was just wondering......

I noticed that the moderators lumped all of the "diet meal delivery" programs into one. Would there be any problem in starting a weekly thread for NS chatting? Whomever is up first on Monday morning could start it. I found that I do best when I do a daily check in and I'm doing so well on this program that I can't stand the thought of failing because I'm "alone" out here!

Anyone else interested????

Spedmom
08-05-2006, 02:16 AM
BTW:

Babsy and Red --- I have an "Olivia" too!!! Translation -- we were all meant to find each other!!

Paula

pnb
08-06-2006, 12:41 PM
December of 2005, I weighed 291 pounds, I quit drinking Coca Cola for the month of December and lost 9 pounds. On January 3, 2006 I started Nutri System. I am currently 243.2 pounds. This is the best!I think that you are all doing so well considering you just started. This is the first time I have posted here, first time I have found a posting for this program other than their own web site.

campbellredhead
08-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Hi pnb that is why i started this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome, you are doing terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't give up, you will win the race slow and steady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*hugs*
God Bless

cyndyjlo
08-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi, ladies!
Well, I kind of fell off plan this weekend, but I still ate all right - just not NS food. Hopefully, I'll get back on track now!

TiredofWeightin
08-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Hello NS Ladies,

It's great to be here. I have been on NS for 6 weeks now and I am down 13.5 pounds!! :carrot: I have also just started a training program for a 5K Fun Run scheduled for October 7. Decreased my caffiene intake too. Been a very busy and productive few weeks!! Looking forward to more!!!

campbellredhead
08-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Hello Kel, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is terrific that you have lost 13.5 pounds-woooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*high five*
Keep up the good work, that training program i bet will totally increase the weight loss, be sure to be extra hydrated.
*hugs*
Jenny

HDStreetBob
08-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Welcome Newbies!!!!

:) Are we doing a daily chat thread? If so I will have to keep looking for it.

Today I feel really defeated.... my business has been really slow and my husband wants me to abandon it to work a stable job. I have put heart and soul into it so the thought of abandoning it makes me want to go back to bed and sleep for a month.

I am still on a plateau- 2 weeks. I should exercise more...

Anyway thanks for listening. It is nice to know that we are all together in our weight loss journey!

campbellredhead
08-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Sorry about the plateau HDStreetBob, have you spoken with a counselor?

I'm also sorry about the job situation, hang in there!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*
Jenny

HDStreetBob
08-10-2006, 01:15 AM
:) I am starting out fresh tomorrow morning. Tonight I ate badly but allowed myself to get it out of my system.

Tomorrow is another day and we will all meet goals!!!

campbellredhead
08-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Hello Ladies,

My second month shipment is shipping out tomorrow, i can't wait to get my food, i'm very limited with what i have left, especially since i threw several items away that were yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The chocolate pudding plain was alright, but then i made it again, and added some all fruit raspberry jam, it was very good-decadent even!!!!!!!!

*hugs*
Keep it up ladies

HDStreetBob
08-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Back on track today!
Waiting on my chocolate order :) I am down to carmel corn and caramel bars for dessert and I live for the desserts!

Hey Red! Way to loose the weight!!! You are melting! AWESOME!!!

Minty Fresh
08-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you! My husband and I are both starting NS today. I had previous success with weight watchers for a brief time (25 pounds, 4 months) last year, but we had a LOT of life changes happen (new jobs, move to a new state, daughter in hospital) and I gained it all back. My life is crazy hectic now, so I thought NS might be a better option since a lot of the work is already done for me.

vikki50
08-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi all!! I started NS in March, and had a 19 lbs weight loss within a few months... That is really great, but then went on vacation, daughter got married,, summer camping,, etc. etc. etc. LOL All the excuses I could think of. I have only gained about 4 lbs back, so wasn't too horrible, I just didn't lose anything in the last 2 months. SOOOOOO now I am going to get busy again and try to finish what I started. Today was my first day back on NS. I walked 2 miles this morning, and did well until noon, and then my mother called to come eat fried chicken.. I went, so hard to resist. But I only had 1 wing and 1 scoop of mashed potatoes and gravey.. Could have been much worse, so will continue today as if I didn't cheat. And tomorrow, no excuses, I really want to do this. Just need to find that will power that I seem to have lost.
I used to post quite a bit, seems like all the peeps on then aren't around right now, but so happy to see some new people, so if you all don't mind I am going to jump in and try to get back into this. I can use all the support I can get, and will try to help you all along the way!!!!

CurveeHousewife
08-14-2006, 03:51 PM
well i'm sitting here eating my first breakfast! the banana spice muffins. (i eat breakfast at 2 because my husband works 2nd shift!) i'll have to say, they're not exactly the richest moistest muffins i've ever eaten, but you know what? Eating those kinds of things are probably why I am the weight I am now! i have seen some people complain about the tastes of these foods, but we "eat to live, not live to eat" and yes, we should enjoy some stuff in life, but when it comes to losing weight or enjoying food, i'll choose losing weight right now!
i hope everyone remembers that doing this diet, that they've taken the difficulty out of having to plan our own meals, and have given us a way to just grab-and-go with our food, which is the ultimate snackers diet! i'm not much of a chef, and i certainly can work a microwave! i'm so ready to do this, and i can't wait to see what happens after this month! just hoping i can come up with the money every month so i don't have another excuse to fail.

vikki50
08-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi there Curvee, I don't know if you already know about this, and it may have been talked about before, but for all you new people there is a wonderful site that uses all NS foods, and has recipes etc on it.. They have reviews, etc, and all kinds of good information on there.

For example, a recipe for the muffins is

Jazzman's Bread Pudding

1 pkg NS muffins, any flavor
I can't believe it's not butter, spray
2 tablespoons raisins or other fruit serving (Optional)
1 egg white
1/2 cup FF milk
1 tablespoon splenda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 dash vanilla extract

Break muffins into small pieces into microwave safe bowl. Spray ICBINB over the muffins if desired, sprinkle with raisins. Mix everything else together and pour over muffins, mix until muffins are soaked. Microwave for 3 - 5 minutes

There are so many things you can do with the food to make it taste really yummy.

Just thought I would share, if everyone already knows about this site, sorry for posting it again.

pnb
08-14-2006, 09:49 PM
I hate to ask if I had already missed it. How do I find the recipes do doctor up my food some more for a change. I would really appreciate more ideas:)

HDStreetBob
08-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Welcome Newbies!

I am awaiting my second month order- cannot wait to get my CHOCOLATES LOL!

I returned my muffins for the choc chip granola bars :)

Now you all know how I gained the weight- I am a sugar junkie! HA HA HA!

4myloves
08-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Just wanted to tell Stella we miss her!!

:carrot:

Glad you've found a niche! You seem to be doing great on the Nutrisystem program.

Hope you're enjoying your husband :devil:

Cheryl :hug:

vikki50
08-15-2006, 04:56 PM
pnb, here is the site of Jazzman. He was on nutrisystem and lost a ton of weight, set up this forum and shares his tips and recipes
The site is The-Jazzman.com

This is his personal site, then scroll down to the very bottom and you will see a link that says (Nutrisystem) weight loss forum. Click on that and it takes you right to it. It has so much useful information, along with recipes. I refer to it all the time.

Good Luck!!!

purplepansy912
08-17-2006, 01:46 PM
hi everyone!
I just started NS. I'm hoping to shed the last of this weight!

HDStreetBob
08-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Just wanted to tell Stella we miss her!!

:carrot:

Glad you've found a niche! You seem to be doing great on the Nutrisystem program.

Hope you're enjoying your husband :devil:

Cheryl :hug:

HI CHERYL! I will have to hop back over to the loosing floozies and have it send me email reminders to check!

HUGS!

HDStreetBob
08-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Welcome Panzy!
I just got my second shipment... as of today I am down to 159. It would go a lot faster if I exercised... anyone want to start walking?

vikki50
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm walking with you!!! My daughter and I just started walking Monday. We are getting up at 7am every morning and walking 2 miles. I had to drag myself out of bed the first few days but am now starting to enjoy it. Hope I can stay motivated.
I like your exercise ticker. Did you do it the same way as the weight ticker?

campbellredhead
08-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey i'm gone a couple of days and this thread is hoppin!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm...maybe it is my deodarant?

Been a rough week, since Olivia started kindegarten,
Welcome to all the newbies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my second months order, it is sooooooooo nice to have a selection of all the stuff i like. Except Tuesday night being totally stressed out, i ate
5 NS desserts-oh so yummy-i don't recommend this though!!!!!!!

*hugs*

God Bless

pnb
08-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Thank you for the Jazzman site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

campbellredhead
08-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

Minty Fresh and Purple Pansy how are you enjoying NS??
Some of the food is yuck, but i'm happy with most of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I lost 2 pounds this week, Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

*hugs*

purplepansy912
08-19-2006, 11:58 AM
The pizza is good :jeno: cambell.. and desserts.. :cookie: mmmmmm I love them.. I also love the soy chips..
what are your totally fave meals??? I'm scared of the beef ones.. :stars: oh the eggs are pretty good too!

campbellredhead
08-20-2006, 05:35 PM
i haven't tried the eggs, haven't ordered them i really enjoy cereal.

i enjoy most of the foods, except burgundy beef, salisbury steak, tuna casserole, chicken cacciatore, orange beef, the stroganoff was edible,
barbeque beef,

I haven't tried the beef stew i'm nervous about that-i'll probably toss it, i just don't like that kind of thing.

Yeah i love the lasagna and about all the italian ones.
The ravioli one isn't too filling so add lots of veggies and i like to take 2 FF hotdogs which only equals 1 protein and cut it up with it.
I do the same with the tortellini.

The macaroni and beef is awesome, tastes like hamburger helper.

yeah, it's basically the beef stuff that is weird. The teriyaki isn't too bad.
The hamburger is good, but after you boil the water, just drip small amounts of water on until it is the consistancy you want, when i followed their directions it was like a sponge-yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really enjoy the chicken marsala, and chicken with basil sauce, and chicken pizziola, they have lots of sauce and taste great when you put it on top of lots of veggies, and put 2 pieces of FF cheese on top-yum yum yum.

I love salt, but it isn't a good idea to put it on the food, can't remember if i mentioned mortons salt substitute small blue container i used it when i was pregnant and doctor said it was ok.

The desserts are great except the cocoa, biscotti, and the mochachinno bar.

The pudding i enjoy a lot when i put in some all fruit polaners jam in it.

The fudge cake is pretty bland, but i put on 1tbs of peanut butter then microwave 30 seconds then a spray of FF whipped cream-yum!!!!!!!!!

keep sugar free jello around the house-10 calories

i can only eat so much salad so sometimes at lunch i'll take raw veggies and use some FF sourcream mixed with ranch salad dressing powder, to dip in......

The chicken and tuna salad are great but not the most filling, and i don't like melba toast-so instead i use 5 wholegrain crackers, and try to add things to the salads i've heard people do hard boiled egg whites, grapes, onion, celery, or put it over a salad. One lady suggested coring a cucumber then filling with the chicken or tuna salad then cutting up like mock sushi.

i love the NS bulletin board, and there are other sites that are awesome too like the jazzman.

well talk to you soon,
God Bless
Jenny

antmaymay
08-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey Guys,

Today is day one for me and boy am I glad I found a support group. Do you guys mind if I jump in with you for the ride?

I wish I would have found this site before I brought Lemon Poppy Seed muffins for breakfast:hyper:

misscelie
08-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Hey there...hope ya'll don't mind if I join this forum. Today is my first day with NS and I am a bit confused with all the different foods I got.
Would love to be able to ask some questions and get some support!

:D

campbellredhead
08-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Welcome ladies, welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the muffins majority don't like, but a lot of the others, its just personal taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then your next order you can customize it to order things you really enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask any questions you would like please, don't be afraid.

The nutrisystem bulletin board is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The ladies are sooooooo great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just ladies like you and me, trying to get healthier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*

God Bless
Jenny

gingerrogers77
08-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey There Girls/Guys!!!

Finally found the place!!!

I was thinking of getting on the NS diet. I hear you all have lost weight. Have you only just done the NS or are you doing other things. What exercises have you gotten into. I want my husband to follow with me. Do you know if we get discounts having two parties in one household on it? Also, what are the incentives for being a representative??

campbellredhead
08-22-2006, 11:16 AM
antmaymay,
how did it go??????
*hugs*

misscelie,
how did it go??????
*hugs*

We can do this ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya ginger,

yes there is a discount-call and ask, i'm not sure the details.

My husband is doing basically the same but with weight watchers frozen dinners. He would do a lot better on NS, but we can't afford 2.

I haven't exercised except 2x in the past 2 1/2 weeks. but i plan to join Curves this week. I had been walking 1 mile, trying to do it like 4-5x a week.
Or swimming, i have an exercise bike, but more than 15 min hurts my knee, but i was doing 15 min, hey anything helps.

NS isn't like Jenny Craig, there aren't any representatives really, you could maybe apply to be a counselor, if you lived by where they are.

YOu don't go to an office 1x a week and weigh in and get your food, like you do with Jenny Craig, you get 1 months food mailed to you, all non refridgerated food, and if you need/want to talk to someone, you call , or email. The NS bulletin boards are awesome, and there are a few other sites having to do with NS that are awesome too.

NS is fairly high in sodium, but right below the daily recommended allowance, but my blood pressure went down, it was borderline.

I really don't get hungry, but i do still want to eat sometimes, so i still have to fight that, i've been kinda bad, past few days. I can't let it become a habit.

Food is my drug of choice, and i can't let it continue.

*hugs*

God Bless
Jenny

purplepansy912
08-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Had the rotini with meatballs tonight, it was filling with a salad and I added another veggie.... It wasn't bad but I'm not sure if I can go the the next five weeks.. lol...

vikki50
08-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Campbell, thanks so much for your pm!!! I replyed, you really saved my day.

For all you others, I need help!!! I can't seem to get back into this. I start every morning motivated and have NS breakfast, by noon I am blowing it.

I really could use some tips on how to get back into that frame of mind.

I have done this before on diets, I have tryed everything out there and I know this one works.. I am still walking 2 miles a day, thank goodness, I think that is the only reason I haven't gained more. HELP!!!!!!

campbellredhead
08-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Today is Thursday what is everyone up to?????????
Are you guys gonna leave me all alone on the thread??*sniff**sniff*

i had tuna salad for lunch, and i don't find it or the chicken salad very filling so i added 3 hardboiled eggwhites -1protein, and ate it with 2 slices of light bread. that was much more filling!!!

Hard boiled eggwhites are awesome, i always forget to make them!!!!

*hugs*

Almost the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless

HDStreetBob
08-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey- you are not alone!

I had the beef soup for lunch- looking forward to pizza for dinner!

I think we need to get everyone to check in LOL!

campbellredhead
08-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Hey HDSTREETBOB, *HUGS* Good to have you here again!!!!

i'm always curious, can you tell us about your screen name???

You go girl losing 7 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For dinner i had the rotini and meatballs, i should have ordered more of those!!

*hugs*

God Bless

HDStreetBob
08-25-2006, 12:29 AM
That is my motorcycle :) It is a Harley Davidson Street Bob
(Gift for my birthday next month from my Husband :) )

It is one of my big weight loss motivations- you cant hide your weight on a bike! :)

campbellredhead
08-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Happy Monday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got my period so i''m not even weighing in until it is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*
Back to the swing of things i guess!!

How is everyone doing???

Have a super week!!

misscelie
08-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Hey there!
Well the first week of NS was a trying one. Made the mistake of trying to start a "life change" the week of PMS! :devil: Grrrrrrr! I did ok, but was not as strong as I wanted to be.
I did lose 3 lbs but I know I can do better!
Hope this week finds us all better and focused!

campbellredhead
08-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Hello misscelie,

3 pounds you go girl, after your period is over you should see the pounds dropping more. I have my period right now, so i didn't even weigh in last week, i know the weight isn't really accurate. So there is no reason to upset myself for nothing!!!!

You keep doing good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really will come off!!!!!
come here anytime, i'll Private message you my email!!

God Bless

1oldbutterball
08-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi Ladies,

Just stopped by to say hi to Stella. I was worried about you, Cheryl said you had been posting at NS. Hope your visit with hubby went well. Take care.

Good Luck all you ladies!!!

Monica

jazzmegirl
09-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi, anybody still out there? I just placed my first nutrisystem order. I'm nervous. I hope I like the food. I wanna lose between 20 and 25 pounds. Let me know how all you guys like it, and what to expect, I'm new to all this.
Amie

campbellredhead
09-10-2006, 12:34 AM
I just sent you a private message!!!!!!!

Jaleril
09-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Hi Everyone!

Can I join too? I have been on Nutrisystem since August 21st and I have lost about 7 lbs...a drop in the bucket for me based on how much I have to lose, but I am glad about it. I managed to meet my first teeny-weeny goal before tomorrow which is my birthday!

I have been relatively good. My biggest mistake was making Hidden Valley Ranch No-Fat with no fat sour cream. I kept dipping veggies and was finished it in two days...I won't be buying that again.

Anyone else having interesting experiences with shipments? I have gotten a lot of substitutes and the packing lists don't match what is actually in the shipment. In my second shipment I got 36 dinners.

Thanks for listening everyone!

Vicky

campbellredhead
09-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Hiya ladies,

Its empty in here lately,
if you are new here, or not, and you want to chat, and to have support with NS, or anything, private message me and i will give you my email(since we aren't allowed to post our emails on the threads)

I'm here
God Bless
Jenny

kalie
09-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Hello!

I just started the NutriSystem Nourish program last week. I have the package that is offered through QVC which offers weekends off.

I did NutriSystem before, when I was a teenager and lost around 30 pounds over the course of the summer. Unfortunately, back then I didn't have much motivation to keep it off.

Anyway, I started this program a week ago, and I'm not having much trouble sticking to it. (I'm the kind of person who has to be told what I can eat.) In a week I've lost 5 pounds, but I expected it with the increase in the amount of water I drink.

I'm also working out six mornings, basically running four days a week and two days of toning.

I just wanted to say hello and to tell everyone to keep up the hard work! I've noticed already that I'm not the only one who isn't a fan of the lemon poppy muffins! ;)

I do have a couple of questions, first of all, how do you manage all the water? Do you count unsweet tea in that? (I know some diets allow that.) Also, what about salad dressings? Should we go for low fat or no fat? I know that sometimes no fat dressings have more carbohydrates than low fat, so I was wondering if one was preferencial to the other.

Thanks and I look forward to the forum!

Leslie

campbellredhead
09-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi there Katie,

Welcome!!! You are allowed 2 tbs of Fat free dressing with you lunch salad
and 2 tbs of FF dressing with your dinner salad. If you want more dressing, or better tasting dressing. 2 tbs of light dressing is equal to 1 fat.
1 tbs of regular dressing is equal to 1 fat.

sometimes i mix Fat free dressing with the light dressing.

any questions please don't hesitate

Jenny

]Hello!

I just started the NutriSystem Nourish program last week. I have the package that is offered through QVC which offers weekends off.

I did NutriSystem before, when I was a teenager and lost around 30 pounds over the course of the summer. Unfortunately, back then I didn't have much motivation to keep it off.

Anyway, I started this program a week ago, and I'm not having much trouble sticking to it. (I'm the kind of person who has to be told what I can eat.) In a week I've lost 5 pounds, but I expected it with the increase in the amount of water I drink.

I'm also working out six mornings, basically running four days a week and two days of toning.

I just wanted to say hello and to tell everyone to keep up the hard work! I've noticed already that I'm not the only one who isn't a fan of the lemon poppy muffins! ;)

I do have a couple of questions, first of all, how do you manage all the water? Do you count unsweet tea in that? (I know some diets allow that.) Also, what about salad dressings? Should we go for low fat or no fat? I know that sometimes no fat dressings have more carbohydrates than low fat, so I was wondering if one was preferencial to the other.

Thanks and I look forward to the forum!

Leslie[/QUOTE]

sweethartgurl9
09-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi all
I'm Jennifer and I'm day 4. I find that I'm tired and headachy, which I'm hoping will pass and my body is only adjusting. I'm excited about losing and eating healthy! Did anybody else feel like this when starting out?

Jaleril
09-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Hi Jennifer! I have been on NS for three weeks and to be honest, I did not have your symptoms...was this a major eating change for you? That might be why you are feeling the way you are.

I primarily felt bloated and full of gas from all the veggies. Oh...and I also feel like I am going to float away with all the water I am drinking. I never am much of a drinker of anything when I am not dieting.

Hopefully, with all this healthy eating you'll be feeling better soon.

:)

Vicky

Jaleril
09-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Also, what about salad dressings? Should we go for low fat or no fat? I know that sometimes no fat dressings have more carbohydrates than low fat, so I was wondering if one was preferencial to the other.

Leslie

If you are like me and like a lot of salad dressing, another option is to use Good Seasons Salad Dressing mix with water and vinegar only...do not use the oil, put in water for the oil. Then you can have as much salad dressing as you like. Good Seasons has a fat free option, but I prefer the regular mixes. Just mix very well when you use them. Others I have read also use lemon juice, but I have found it too tart for me.

Vicky

campbellredhead
09-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi ladies,

Have you been to the NS bulletin board?
It is awesome!!
Several people have complained of a headache the first week.
I hope it passes, make sure you are drinking at least 64 oz of water.
*hugs*

The only side effects i have had, are being more regular, and losing weight!!

We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunshine
09-16-2006, 07:39 PM
:bravo: Great job on your weight loss so far, Jenny! :bravo:

campbellredhead
09-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi Ladies,

Happy Sunday,
I cheated a little today and yesterday-but tomorrow is back on the wagon!!
God Bless

jazzmegirl
09-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Hi. I tried diet to go for a week, but the portions weren't enough to feed a flea, and I had to end up suplimenting my own veggies and fruits anyway. Really disappointed. Yesterday I placed my nutrisystem custom vegetarian package. I'm excited. Can you tell me what I need to buy to add to the entrees, and how a typical day goes? I can't wait to get my food. I want to lose 25 pounds by the beginning of next year.
Amie

kalie
09-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Today, not a good day. I cheated :-( But so far, I've been on the diet for two full weeks and I've lost 7.5 pounds despite the fair and aunt flow being in town.

It just takes a lot of exercise.

Jazzme, I supplement fruits and vegetables. I got a planner with my system that gives suggestions and portion sizes of what you can add to meals.

campbellredhead
09-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi Kalie,

7.5 pounds is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the amount of veggies listed, is a minimum of how many you should eat each day. Feel free to have lots more. Just stay away from corn and peas-they are very high in carbs!! You can drink low sodium v-8 too if you aren't a huge veggie eater, or want something for on the go.

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MandyJay
09-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Hi, yall! Mind if I hop on in?

Just for starters, I'm 36 years old, married, and the mother of two boys. In my daytime life I'm an office manager, and outside of work I'm a very busy wife and mother!

I've been struggling with my weight for over ten years, and in the past three years I've managed add an additional 40 pounds. Sigh. I tend to gain weight all over, so I was able to delude myself for a long time by thinking a) my clothes had shrunk, b) the scale was obviously off, or c) the mirror was warped, and that's why I looked a bit broad across the beam.

It took my seven-year-old son to bring it home to me. We were in Publix (a southeastern grocery store chain), and he likes to weigh himself there. After he weighed himself, I got on the scale. The next thing I know he's trumpeting, "Mommy, you weigh 200!" to the entire store.

Gee, thanks dear. Heh.

So anyway, I've been on NS since Wednesday, September 20 and am on day 5. I wasn't going to weigh myself until a week had passed, but I gave in on Friday and was down five pounds. Yay! I know it's likely water weight, but I'll take what I can get.

So far the food has been okay. The weird aftertaste of some of the items is already passing, thank goodness. So far there has been only one truly gag-worthy item: the broccoli parmesean alfredo. Holy cow, that stuff is FOUL!!! It tastes like fish food smells. I literally had to choke down the last few bites.

Exercise-wise I'm just getting started, as I had a bad upper/lower respiratory infection that hit me last Tuesday. I have worked out the past two days, though. I'm planning to use the schedule I used when I was on BFL, which is upper body one day, legs the next (with abs on both days), and aerobics the third day. Then the pattern repeats. I take Sundays off from exercising, as I figure we all need a break :D

Anyway, it's great to "meet" all of you and I wish all of us the best of success!

jazzmegirl
09-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Mornin. Kalie, WTG on the 7.5. Campbell, thanks for the info. Did I say my last plan didn't even come with instructions, I've a mind to email the company, and tell them for a moderately active woman, their 1200 calories would be nutritionally inadequate. My muffin is the size of my fis and that's all I get, added an orange and skim milk in coffee, feeling pretty good.
Mandyjay, how imbarrassing! Kids. (My Dd informed me I had a pimple on my head this morning, LOL, gotta love her, she's nine.) Thanks for the heads up on the parmesan broccoli thing, I was gonna order one, guess I won't be.
Well, feeling better this morning. I had a bad reaction to BCP, and bled quite heavily. Doctors advised me to stop the med, rest, and take 800 mgms of ibuprofen to slow the bleeding. Feeling stronger today. Will start light exercise tomorrow, if things continue to improve. Be Been sick for the last week, really bored. Went to dog park yesterday with BF and Dd, and our dogs, fell in love with somebody's tacobell dog there, might have to find one. Gonna drink another cup of coffee. Have a great day, ladies.
Amie

campbellredhead
09-24-2006, 11:58 PM
I do not like any of the beef dishes personally.

Parmesan brocolli-it isn't tooo bad, with many of these dishes they taste so much better if you add FF cheese slices, or light laughing cow cheese wedges, some Mrs.dash, or onion powder, garlic powder, pepper,
some mortons salt substitute, definitely figure out how to doctor them up to your liking-it makes a huge differance.

I love most of the italian foods, except chicken cacciatore, and pasta with beef, they all have lots of tomatoe sauce so i put a nice portion of steamed veggies in my bowl, then dump the NS dish on top, then put 1 or 2 slices of FF cheese on top and microwave for like 1 minute-add some spices-yum!!!!

And hotdogs, can be a protein, and you can have 2 of them!!!!!!!!!!!
ballpark, and oscar mayer make FF ones, but hebrew national makes awesome ones that are 1.5 grams of fat, publix and walmart usually have them, my krogers doesn't, the package is red and green, make sure they only have the 1/5 grams of fat, because they make another "low fat" one that has 10 grams of fat-yikes!!!!!

I usually add 2 hotdogs to my lunch!!-yum

i cannot stomach FF milk, so i use 1% milk.

yoplait light, 100 calories, seems to be the best tasting yogurt, but then again Dannon just came out with one that has fiber, and high protein, called crave control or something, you get 4 in a package-they taste pretty good!!!!!!!! 70 calories

When i first started i was doing good exercising but i have slacked, i need to get back on the exercise train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

kalie
09-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Monday's are the hardest days to get up! I didn't want to go work out, but I forced myself.

Campbell, thanks for the info on the new yogurt. I've been pretty much addicted to yoplait light: White chocolate strawberry since I've started.

Mandy: Congrats on the 5 pounds. I'm like you, water weight or not, it feels good to have it off!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day.

Good luck all!

jazzmegirl
09-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi. Campbell, thanks for the yogurt tip. I hate fat free milk, too, light soy or one percent I can do, though, I'm not a milk drinker, and prefer yogurt. Kalie, the white chocolate strawberry sounds great. Congrats on working out on a Monday morning, good luck on your WI. I had breakfast, drinking coffee, and headed to Curves to work out.
Amie

kalie
09-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Today's weigh in went really well! I think I dropped some of that extra water weight left over from my period. I'm down to 160.5!

My jeans are beginning to feel a little bit looser. I just have to keep going!

campbellredhead
09-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah Kalie,

It is that time of the month right now,
and i weigh on Saturdays,
i might skip this weeks weigh in,
we'll see.

so what foods do you ladies like best so far??????

for me:

breakfast-granola with yogurt or frosted oats cereal

lunch-tortellini or cheesy homestyle potatoes with broccoli

dinner-lasagna with meat sauce or macaroni and cheese with beef

dessert-pudding or chocolates

Have a super night ladies
Jenny

HDStreetBob
09-26-2006, 11:16 PM
WOW! I am gone for a bit and look at Red! Dropping the weight off!! WAY TO GO!

I was off plan but behaving somewhat- now I am back on with a new energy and passion!

Missed you all!

HDStreetBob
09-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Oh- And I for some reason I really LOVE the mac and cheese with meat....
And the CHOCOLATE!!!

jazzmegirl
09-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi. Okay, it's my first day. The texture of the food is definitely gonna take some getting used to, slimy, but doesn't taste bad. I made the apple cinnamon oatmeal this morning, and I think I'll add more water, it turned out like glue. Vegetarian pasta salad for lunch, that was good, lots of water, and I exercise later this afternoon. I'm anxious to drop the five pounds I gained as a result of my period, and taking the birth control pills. Starting at 135.8, yikes, goal weight 115.
I have a couple questions. Can I substitute soy milk and yogurt for the dairy verssions, if they're comparable in fat and calories? Also, would a veggie sausage patty or two links count as a protein? Did I read that right in the book, that we are limitted to one tsp. of salsa per day? Thanks in advance, and, have a great day, all, and take care.
Amie

Jaleril
09-27-2006, 10:16 PM
I am not a skim milk fan either, but if you want to take a chance HOOD has a skim milk that is specially treated to taste like 2% milk. And it does!

Vicky

campbellredhead
09-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Jazzmegirl,
Yes you can substitute milk, yogurt, sausages etc, if they are close in their proteins fats, calories etc,, and calcium for the milk.

salsa? i haven't seen that, when i use it, i pretty much use what i want, but find a natural type that doesn't have added sugar or cornsyrup etc,
just the tomatoes, onions, peppers etc, and then it's all veggie!!

Hi there,
HDstreetBob, i was wondering how you've been -welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!

HDStreetBob
09-29-2006, 04:14 AM
It is good to be back! I think I get my Street Bob tomorrow, I picked up a jacket today and it juuuuuuussssttt fits around the waist so this is incentive to loose more!

AutumnGirl
10-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi ya'll. I like the idea of buddy-ing up online...

Even better would be someone local who would like to buddy up!

I'm from North/Central New Jersey. I'm 26 years old.

I started Nutrisystem at 180lbs, and lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks. (i haven't been COMPLETELY On Program ;-) )

I am getting back on track and even want to start a walking/running routine.

it's that TOM for me, and I'm not getting my hopes up for losing this week...but I'm still going to stay on track with the diet.

I love the majority of the NS foods. And I truly believe it works and is definitely convenient.

Hope to hear from ya'll!!

Good luck everyone!:carrot:

campbellredhead
10-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Congrats on the bike HD streetbob!!!
and the jacket-you can do it, you'll look great in it!!

I haven't been doing sooo good since Thursday, but starting tomorrow-back on the plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta do it!

My mother in law is coming to visit Tuesday and she is bringing me a gazelle-yeah!!!!!!!

Welcome AutumnGirl,

NS does work for the majority of people-stick with it, lots of water, lots of veggies, stay away from corn and peas-high carbs, and try to fit in as much exercise or activity as you can!!!!!!

You will get smaller!!!!!

God Bless ladies
Jenny

campbellredhead
10-10-2006, 07:38 PM
HOw is everyone???????

Ok for 2 weeks i was off program, and gained 3 pounds, but yesterday i got back on track!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my mother in law gave me her gazelle, and i did 15 minutes yesterday!!

Hope all is well with everyone,
God Bless

kalie
10-11-2006, 11:50 PM
This week has been pretty bad for me. I've been off the track for awhile. I'm going back at it tomorrow, but I don't know about exercise, because I have the flu.

Good luck all!

campbellredhead
10-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Hiya Kalie,

Just focus most on feeling better, getting lots of liquids,
and just do your best when it comes to eating.

*hugs*

Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,
Jenny

Irishowl
10-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm new to Nutrisystem. My partner and I both need to lose about 80 pounds each. So, we are going to use Nutrisystem to teach us about portion control and to jump start our weight loss. I think we'll only do it for 5, maybe 10 weeks. We each ordered 28 days and got 7 free.

Our start day is tommorow! I went to the store and got our dairy and fruit and veggies, so we are all set.

I am so excited to start losing! I've been stuck for about a year now.

Shannon

campbellredhead
10-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Hi Shannon welcome,
Please if you have any questions, get on here or email me,
i'll private message you my email!!!!!

You can really do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So ladies i lost 4 pounds this week, 3 that i had gained plus 1 more, i'm 0.5 lbs pounds from 1/2 way.

God Bless
Jenny

Irishowl
10-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi Jenny! Thanks for the encouragement. Congrats on almost 1/2 way!

Today was our first day and it went very well. The food was pretty good and neither of us is starving, so it's been a successful day!

Shannon

campbellredhead
10-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Hi there Shannon how are things going?

I hope things are going well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*
Jenny

Irishowl
10-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi Jenny,

Things are going well! I'm a little hungry today, but not too bad. Shelley is doing really well too! I'm so proud of her. I can't wait to weigh in. I really do think this is the easiest diet I've ever been on because the food preparation is so easy and I'm never ravenously hungry.

I hope you are doing well!

Shannon

campbellredhead
10-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi Shannon,

Just remember that the amounts of veggies listed are the MINIMUM amounts,
so as long as you stay away from peas and corn, and carrots, and onions,
you can have more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you love salt like me, stay away from it, it can really hinder your weight loss i used salt substitute by mortons, a small blue container, i used it when i was pregnant and the doctor said it was ok.

*hugs*

also i've heard ladies say that they use benefiber powder, (fiber) to help them feel full, you can put it in drinks, or foods, etc.

Keep going
Jenny

Kim in NJ
10-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Hello Ladies.
I just started NS this month and it's not so bad. The food is sometimes very good - but I'm glad it's not delicious for me because I am trying to learn to eat for energy...not because something tastes so good.

I had EXCELLENT results with Atkins a few years back (before my last pregnancy) but I can't seem to get back on it loyally. So far I am loving NS - portion sizes. On Atkins I ate most of the free foods in larger portions so this is the first time in my life I am eating some of everything but in moderation. This is exactly what I need!!!

Hope to meet you all soon and enjoy this journey with you.
;) Kim

campbellredhead
10-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi Kim,

Welcome,
I too had excellent results in the past with Atkins, but it isn't healthy, it really isn't, and it isn't long term. My brother lost 100 pounds with it, but you can't eat that way forever, and if you do, heart attack/stroke city.

*hugs*

I felt the same way about the food, it is pretty good, but not something i'd binge on. I hope you've found ways to jazz them up.

I hope you've been to the Nutrisystem Bulletin Board, it is so wonderful, the ladies are so wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did NS for 2 1/2 months and now i am calorie counting, and doing well
I've lost 29 pounds, have 26 more to go.

*hugs*
WElcome

Jenny

campbellredhead
10-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Please tell us about your program, the calorie Queen?
*hugs*
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE CAN DO THIS, WE CAN MEET OUR GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a super Wednesday ladies!!!!!!!!!!
Jenny

]Hi everyone, I ordered 2 weeks of Nutrisystem Vegetarian dinners from QVC. This is a repeat order; I ordered several months ago and found the food to be very filling and delicious.

I am not on Nutrisystem per say, I am on the Calorie Queens eucalorics system, and I'm also a vegetarian on the lookout for easy to prepare foods. The Nutrisystem entrees, with an added low starch veg are filling and delicious for me. I think the food is very high quality.[/QUOTE]

campbellredhead
11-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Ok where is everyone?
How did everyone do with Halloween?
I ate like 3 pieces of my daughters candy,
so i didn't do too bad, and i definitely got some exercise going
house to house to house!!!!!!!!!
*hugs*

CrystalG
11-12-2006, 03:52 AM
Irishowl, how are things going with your NutriSystem diet? Me and one of my friends will start tomorrow and I'm excited about it. Do you have any tips that you can share with me? I'd truly appreciate it.

Crystal

flxthct107
12-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Is there anyone out there that is still doing NS?

I just placed my first order and would love a buddy.

flxthct107
12-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Anyone??????

4myloves
12-18-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm betting you'll get a response!!

Don't give up!

campbellredhead
12-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Hi there sorry, i've been gone awhile, it seemed like noone was showing up!!!
Nice to meet you.

*hugs*
I sent you a private message!!

Jenny

flxthct107
01-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi there. I have been doing NS faithfully for 2 weeks. It definitely works, but I am having a hard time enjoying the food all of a sudden so I am in the process of finding another delivery plan that I like better before I start cheating. I have a order in to ediets express. I hope that it is worth the price. Some people really like NS, but I am already burned out. I hope that it works out for you. I know a lot of people love the food.
Most of their foods have added soy protein in them so between that and the 3 extra dairy/protein servings you get a day I think that is plenty. Like you said though you can always tailor the program to work for you. If you are worried about all the fruit it sounds like your shake will fit in calorie wise for you snack. Keep us updated on your progress.

flxthct107
01-19-2007, 05:32 PM
The first 79lbs have taken me over 5 years to get rid of. I went through a ton of cycles of losing and then maintaining. I'm just happy I never gained it back. I did Fit for Life for 6 months or so which got rid of the first 50lbs and then the rest I got rid of by calorie counting and lots of exercise.
Portion control is really hard for me too and that is why I started looking into delivery plans. I need the structure right now. If the worst thing you are cheating with is a 100 calorie pack then good for you. I hear eventually on NS those cravings and hunger will go away. I actually have been pretty full on it. Have you been eating a lot of veggies? What does a typical day look like for you with your add ins? Like, what are you using for your proteins?
My biggest tip is exercising which it sounds like you already have down. What kind of workouts are you doing? I notice the weight falling off a lot quicker when I bring in intervals to my cardio workouts. 7lbs is awesome!! Just keep with it. I wish I had some magic advice on keeping motivated, but I don't. I struggle with it all the time. I think finding a plan you like and can stick with helps a ton. I've come to the conclusion that NS is just not it for me. I start ediets tonight and I'm hoping it is a better fit.

Katrina

jennyg78
02-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Istarted nutrisystem about two weeks ago but I really started following it 5 days ago. The first three days I did wonderful (I guess it was because I was at work)but then I noticed some star crunches in the cupboard and I had one which turned into four. Then the next day my husband wanted to go out and I did even worse but I am hopeing to do this because I need to lose 150 pounds. plus my husband grandma is paying for my first threee months because she knows I want to lose weight but it is hard. Especially making two different meals one for me and one for my family. Does anyone have any suggestions or can help me? I tell you I do notice a difference when I was following the program then when I wasn't.Thanks:?: :?: :?:

WagnerSDW
02-26-2007, 11:41 PM
I have been on NS since August 1, 2006. I have lost 50 pounds so far, and am planning on losing another 15. NS has been more than sufficient for me. Some of the food is just 'okay', but most of it I find great. I've read sites where folks have nothing good to say about NS. In my experience.. I like NS. I am going to continue to use NS, and still use them as maintenance after reaching my goal. I'm glad to see others on this site who appreciate NS.

DeerHealer
04-22-2007, 06:59 PM
:angel: Hi Ladies I just found this thread and I think it is wonderful & I need all the support I can get and also I am very supportive too!

I am very exicted but also very nervous because I have read soooo many conflicting stories about the NS food I was going to try JC but since I could not get the info I needed and how expensive it is etc. I now have decided to try NS and really hope that the food is more like the positive stories I have read that it does taste good. I also heard the same conflicted things about JC food so hope I am making the right choice...what do you think Ladies?

I am going to put in my order tonight....I wanted to join this list first.

In Light
DeerHealer

modkittn
04-23-2007, 10:33 AM
I have a question for all of you that are doing NS. I follow weight watchers, and have been doing it for a while. It is very easy for me to follow the program because I've learned to eat normal foods in a healthy way. Grocery shopping isn't hard for me at all :) I have a co-worker at work that is doing NS and has lost quite a bit of weight, around 40 pounds. He has admitted though that he has no clue how he will maintain his goal weight once he gets there. He says "When I gain back 30 pounds, I'll just go back on NS again til I get down, then go off. If I gain it back again, I'll just go back on NS again then too". To me, this sounds pretty unhealthy for your body. So my question is, do they teach you how to maintain your weight once you have reached your goal? I have been talking to him about joining weight watchers once he gets closer to his goal if they don't do anything to teach you about healthy eating when the food doesn't arrive at your doorstep :)

DeerHealer
04-23-2007, 04:28 PM
:angel: Blessings Lori

What I plan to do and what makes sense to me is that when I get the extra weight off I gained I will really incorporate a exercise routine into my life something I have never done...be it walking, the treadmill, adding some strength training with weights etc. I think that is a key to maintaining the weight loss.

Also clearly to me portion control will also help. I have a hunch I will learn this while I start NS as soon as I get my delivery.
Good luck on your journey.:flow1:

In Light~~~DeerHealer:df:

~~~May You Always Find The Light Within You....So You May See The Light Around You~~~

DeerHealer
04-24-2007, 07:43 PM
:angel: Hi..Just wondering where everyone is. I was hoping this was a good support place in this subject but I haven't seen anyone here posting hardly.

Jeannie