Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2006, 03:42 AM   #1  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Default Happy Birthday to me

Weee haaa.. today's my b-day (37)

It's late and I'm feeling silly so I thought I'd post a message. The birthday announce list doesn't like me so it did not put me on the birthday list, even though I have my birthday on my profile. Hm.

NO, I'm not having any b-day cake. I have plans of having some chinese veg and rice for dinner for my birthday treat though!

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Here's calorie free cyber cake for you!!! And you get to eat the whole thing!!! (Make sure you dust the screen off before you lick it )

Happy Birthday Angie!!!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #3  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday...

behave!
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:01 PM   #4  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
Have a fun filled day ALL about you!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #5  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Happy Birthday to you!
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #6  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope you feel like a for the day!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #7  
I'm on the wagon

Hey everybody!!

Thanks.. awww.. everyone's so nice here!!

My big treat today for my birthday is... I'm gonna have some chinese veggies for dinner! I've been craving that for 2 weeks now!! Gonna make my own rice to go with it because I think there might be a lot of salt in the restaurant stuff.. and I would guess a lot of extra fat too.

No, not havin any cake today, and I'm not feeling tempted. So, that's a relief in itself.

Happy Birthday to "NotTheCheat" too, she tells me it was her birthday yesterday, so a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too!!! (and anyone else having a birthday this month)

Old 07-17-2006, 12:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Happy late birthday! Mine was Saturday...lots of July babies! I have several in my family as well, and my best friend's brother. I wonder why there's soooo many July bday's in almost every family!

I ate bad on my bday!!! Not as bad as I could have, but bad. I felt guilty at first, but after talking to my hubby (as we're eating) I didn't feel so bad. We all deserve days off to eat the way we want. Before I started eating right I would have eaten 2 big plates full of awful things, but I didn't! I ate 2 not quite filled plates (I spread it all around...hehe) and a small raspberry cake thingy and some fruit. I was full, but was smart enough to stop before I was uncomfortable.

Then the next night I was able to say no to a potluck at work! They had fried chicken, wings, rice crispy treats and all that gooood stuff. I said thanks, but no thanks y'all have lots of fun! I hope I didn't seem stuck up as I'm new there, but I did explain to a few of them that I'd eaten off my diet plan the night before, so maybe they understood!

Hope you had a great birthday!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:56 AM   #9  
I'm on the wagon

OneKim,

Happy belated B-day to you too then! Wow you're right, a lot of B-days this month. My sister's birthday is 2 days before mine, so there's another one. (no, obviously we're not the same age haha)

I did 'not toooo bad' this birthday eating wise. My breakfast and lunch were my usual on plan meals, and then for dinner, I went and got myself some chicken stir fry type dish from the chinese place up the road, and made my own rice to go with it. The rice is called "almost fried rice" if anyone's interested in getting the recipe. I got it from the Body for life website, the recipe page. I made it without any fat, of course. So, i saved myself a bunch of calories there. Sunday is my every week ' 1 cheat meal' day, so to go with that, I had a mars bar, which clocks in at 260 cal and 9g of fat. My total for the day was 1900 cals which is much higher than my normal 1200-1400. Body for life's program has an 'eat what you want all day' for one day a week, but I do only 1 meal. It keeps me sane and reduces my cravings for the rest of the week like you would not believe. I feel a wee bit guilty about going up to 1900 cals but I'll get over it! I feel good that I made the effort to make my own rice and saved myself a ton of salt and extra fat for at least half of that meal.

Oh yeah and one more thing.. re your food mentions in the message.. mmmmmm fried chicken (in homer voice).

~ Angie
Old 07-17-2006, 05:17 AM   #10  

Thank you! You mention your sister's bday, I forgot, my brother's is an exact week before mine! HEHE. We're packed full of July's, right off hand I can think of 8 in my immediate family! I have a huge family, can ya tell? LOL. My youngest daughter's bday is the 25th, so I gotta start planning for that!

That almost fried rice sounds interesting, I'll have to look that up! I'm on a half hearted search for healthy recipes, or not so healthy recipes that I can improvise on. The Chinese restaraunt (I can never spell that word right) we went to for my bday had the best cheesy crab I've ever had, so I'm gonna try it at home with fat free cream cheese and cheddar. I hope it turns out good.

I don't really have a planned cheat day, probably because I don't count calories. I've just made some changes and started eating smaller portions and it seems to be working for me. I still sneak in chocolate (3 Muskateers) and stuff like that, just be more careful elsewhere. I guess I count calories, but not in the sense that I COUNT them...does that make sense? LOL.

Kim
Old 07-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #11  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

Lots of us July babies! I was 39 on Saturday the 15th.

Happy birthday girl!!!
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

It's my birthday on the 23rd!

Happy belated Birthday and congrats on the no cake.. I will be eating cake on mine! hahaha
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #13  
I'm on the wagon

Wow you weren't kidding about all of the birthdays!!

happy birthday everyone!

Here's the link to that recipe page.. some seem good, some kind of icky.

They have comments on them, by people who have made them.

http://www.bodyforlife.com/nutrition/recipesIndex.asp
Old 07-18-2006, 05:38 AM   #14  

Happy late bday Mel! And happy early bday Courtnie! LOL. My great-great niece's bday is the 23rd and my youngest daughter's is the 25th! LOL.

Kim