LA Weight Loss - la weight loss member-with thyriod disease on meds

navwife
07-15-2006, 08:03 PM
hi i am new to the board been reading different post i am a member of la weight loss been since 3/2006 i have thyriod disease "graves disease" i am on synthriod .3mcg i used to weight 150 before i found out i had it i was given the radioactive iodine pill then i was 225 until i started l a weight loss in march now i am at 207. it's been depressing been i never weight this much before .but now i am struggling to lose this weight . hopefuling some has the same problem that i have.

hkychik
07-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Welcome Navwife! I don't have your issues, but you'll find lots of support with your struggles here!

Cheekyamero
07-16-2006, 09:15 AM
hi i am new to the board been reading different post i am a member of la weight loss been since 3/2006 i have thyriod disease "graves disease" i am on synthriod .3mcg i used to weight 150 before i found out i had it i was given the radioactive iodine pill then i was 225 until i started l a weight loss in march now i am at 207. it's been depressing been i never weight this much before .but now i am struggling to lose this weight . hopefuling some has the same problem that i have.

You are not alone. I have an underactive thyroid as well and I was not diagnosed until after I had my ds. I definately find that it is so much easier now to gain weight and taking longer to lose but have noticed an increase in energy. Have you? I have also noticed that carbs reak havoc on my progress but I can't/won't live without them so that no carb lifestyle is not for me.

Be proud that you have lost as much as you have!:carrot:

emptynester
07-16-2006, 12:39 PM
I have been lurking for quite a while but I wanted to respond about Graves.
I have had Graves Disease for about 6 years. I had a thyroidectomy 3 years ago and take 137 mcg levoxyl. I have gained about 70 lbs. during this ordeal and have lost 27 since I started LAWL in mid April. I know it is an overwhelming disease but for the 1st time in 6 years I feel in control. This process may be slower for us but I do think it will work if we keep plugging away. :hug:

cherrycolor
07-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Wow, its weird that this topic is in here because I just got a call from my doctors telling me my test results came back and that I have hypothyroidism (hashimoto's disease). They are starting me on synthroid as well. I am glad to hear that some of you are seeing some results because I have been doing this for a month now and have not lost more than 3 pounds. I hope the synthroid works and helps to regulate the issue.

angelica1674
07-17-2006, 12:40 PM
I have had hypothyroidism since I was pregnant with my last baby(2004). I will have it the rest of my life. I have been taking synthroid since 2004 and I started LAWL oct 2005 and I lost alot of weight.So it can be done as soon as you have it under control.While I was pregnant I gained alot of weight cause they coulnt keep my synthroid at the right levels.They kept having to increase it.Then after the baby they had to decrease it. It was a mess for awhile.But now I have been on the same dose for over a year and I am doing great.So you should be ok.i wish you the best