Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Diet Center 1980's Recipe??

View Full Version : Diet Center 1980's Recipe??

AdoAnnie
07-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Hi, it's been a long time since I've posted here--which might be why I gained back the 20 lbs I had lost plus a few extra:?: :?: Anyway, my question is about the Diet Center Diet--I went on it back in the 1980's and was very successful with it--it had a cookbook and I had a copy of it, but can't seem to find it. It was by Sybil Ferguson and is now out of print- Does anyone here happen to have one and if so I am reallytrying to find out 2 recipes that were in it--One was a chicken casserole made with Wasa crackers and one was a chicken meatball recipe that had some kind of orange glaze on it. If anyone could help me out with this I would be SO grateful! Thanks in advance.

surfer376
07-14-2006, 11:31 PM
I googled this and it may be out of print but you can still get used copies for as cheap as 52 cents on Amazon.com. I couldn't find any recipes but it would be worth it to buy used, I have many times with Amazon and was never disappointed. Even check the library.

Chari

AdoAnnie
07-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks Chari, I really appreciate that you took the time to help me out and look the book up for me. I had thought of Amazon, but I am one of the ancient Victorians that has never ordered anything online with her credit card. :o I might need to gather my courage if I want the recipes though. Thanks again!

surfer376
07-16-2006, 01:31 AM
You are welcome!
Amazon has a secure website and there are many many ppl that use it, don't be scared. Use a debit card, much less scary, unless you have a million dollars in the account. Also most major credit cards protect you against fraud.
I use my debit card to pay all my bills online and have for years, "it's a good thing".

If you do get the book , please post the recipe.

Chari

telemetrynurse
07-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi,

I have a suggestion about ordering stuff online with a credit card. You can get a prepaid credit card. I've done that before. I think it cost about $5 and you can put whatever amount of money on it that you'd like. Many of the check cashing places sell these.

I've used this when I wanted to do a "free trial" period of something that requires a credit card. I've been burned in the past by giving my credit card number and have found this to be a great help.

AdoAnnie
07-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks to you both for your suggestion!! I really appreciate it. For sure I will post the recipe if I get the book--Have a great Sunday!