Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Default Dang I'm Fat!!!!

If I could reach it, I'd kick my own butt for what I've done to myself.

Last year, I went nuts with the diet and exercise and lost from 186.5 to 165.5 (for about five minutes). I was feeling great, running for 10 minutes straight, sticking to the WW point thingie mostly and ready to drop the last 15 to get to the lowest I'd been in as long as I can remember.

In November, I started to reduce the emphasis on exercise because of the holidays, traveling, whatever. When I was ready to get started again, we bought some land, decided to build a house and started to get our house ready to sell. My stress level went through the roof. Cake knocked on the door because it really missed me. It moved in.

The house sold in two days; the deal fell through; it sold again a week later. We closed on the house, moved to an awful rent house (putting all my exercise equipment in storage), then stuff at my work went to crap when a bunch of coworkers left leaving extra duties for everyone and increasing the stress even more. My friend, cake, provides me the only comfort I've been able to find recently.

Someone give me a list of foods to eat every day and tell me what exercise to do in a space that's about 5x8. M'kay? Thanks.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #2  
No description available.

You know what to eat...and cake should not be the main part of it!! Haha!

Exercises....jumping jacks, squat kicks, jump rope, kick boxing....

You've done it before! You can (and will!) do it again!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Get a walk video and do it. You don't need a lot of space. I love the Leslie Sansone video's
The first step is the hardest, just start walking you'll be doing what you need to do in no time.
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:35 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Some of the food I eat on a daily basis:

whole wheat bread
peanut butter
bananas (and many other kinds of frut, strawberries, grapes, apples, etc)
deli sandwitch mean
smoked salmon
fish, chicken, other meats
veggies
salads

I pretty much what ever I want, I just work it into my daily calores.

Exercise I do that doesn't take up much space: riding an exercise bike, exercise dvd's, sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks, etc.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #5  

You are right. I know what to do. I have some videos. I have workout shoes. There are the great outdoors. I just need to do it. I'm making a plan. Glory's post in the goal forum has motivated me to do something.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:22 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

kateful - maybe it would help you to join us in he daily planning thread. Everyday we post our meals. It helps me stay on track, plan ahead and see what other people are eating and get new ideas.

Good luck!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateful
You are right. I know what to do. I have some videos. I have workout shoes. There are the great outdoors. I just need to do it. I'm making a plan. Glory's post in the goal forum has motivated me to do something.
Wow
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
kateful - maybe it would help you to join us in he daily planning thread. Everyday we post our meals. It helps me stay on track, plan ahead and see what other people are eating and get new ideas.

Good luck!
I'll do that! Thanks very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
Wow
Really! You should write a book. I'd buy it for myself and my chubby and unhealthy friends. The part that really struck me was that you were able to lose so much in such a short time between July and October. I can either get to October and still be fat or I can make some relatively painless changes and be healthier and thinner.

I need this. Thanks for the kick I couldn't give myself.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #9  
Fat-be-gone

I say, if cake doesn't pay rent, kick him out the door!!!

courtnie's right-the planning thread does help tons
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:22 PM   #10  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Buy a mini-trampoline and start bouncing. I got mine brand new in a sports store for about $30. It takes up a tiny bit of space when stored, and since you only really go up and down (and back and forth maybe a foot or less) you could do it in a shoebox!

You just have to make sure you bounce correctly. It should feel like work because you are bouncing down INTO the trampoline, not up from it. You can browse the web to see the extra-fancy (and EXPENSIVE) version of this under the name Urban Rebounding.

If you preview the workout video, you'll see what I'm talking about. 20-40 minutes a day for a GREAT very low-impact cardio workout. You can walk, run, do jumping jacks, squats, etc.
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote