Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #1  

Red face Veggie Question

Hello,

I have read the best veggies to eat article, but I still have a quick question. It seems that I am eating a lot of peppers, onions, mushrooms, eggplant, tomato and cucumbers. Would you reccomend trying to eat more green veggies at every meal (like spinach, broc., etc)? I am not a big fan of salads, So I tend to have my spinach cooked with a little pepper on it.

I just feel like I am not dropping any weight and I would like to adjust my veggie intake and perhaps the types I eat. Just wondering what everyone else has found helpful with their veggie protion of their diet.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #2  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

More greens are always good no matter how you can get them in. Not only are they filled with chlorophyll and phytonutrients, but a great source of calcium as well!

I use them in soups or you can put them in a food processor and use them in sauces. Of course like any veggie, the less processed or cooked the more nutrients. Even something as simple as using a darker lettuce on sandwiches or burgers is a start. Use red leaf lettuce or romaine instead of iceburg, or use these for wraps. Shredding "greens" in tacos or meatloaf is another way to "hide" them.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Throw Some In Your Eggs Or Omelet In The Morning, I Make Sure I Eat Lots Of Veggies At Each Meal, And For Snack, Try Broccoli (sp) And Some Sbd Dressing For Snack, Or Broc. Slaw Is Good With Some Chicken In A Stir Fry. I Make Spinach Quiche (w/out The Crust) Once A Week Cause The Dh & Kids Love It, Also Pin Wheels Are Good Way To Add Some Greens To Your Diet, Dh Will Take A Flank Steak Fill It W/lf Moz Cheese, Thinly Sliced Tomato's & Spinach And Roll It Up And Trow It On The Grill. Pretty Good If I Say So My Self.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #4  
Working my "weigh" down

Would you care to give more detail on the flank steak - that sounds wonderful but am not too creative with figuring it out myself. also, the Spinach Quiche if you wouldn't mind. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:59 AM   #5  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

bigbad,
There is a recipe for Spinach Quiche in Phase 1-Breakfasts in the recipes board. It's yummy!

Jessie
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #6  
Working my "weigh" down

Thanks JessieW, I will check it out.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

flank Steaks - My Publix Has These Pre-done But We Do Them Ourselves With Reduced Fat Cheese.

You Take You Flank Steak Season Lightly W/salt & Pepper
Then You Layer Thinly Sliced Tomato's, Fresh Spinach Leaves And
Freshly Grated Parm Cheese,(lf) You Can Use The Pre Grated Kind In A Can It Won't Work. You Can Also Use The A Mixture Of Itailian Cheese's Or Any Type Of Cheese I Assume, Then Throw It Your Grill Until It Is Cooked To Your Liking.

spinach Quiche- I Just Take A Glass Pie Plate Spray W/ Mazola Spray (i Use Olive Oil Spray) And Mix 6 Eggs, & Some Milk, Pour Into Pie Plate, Add Your Frozen Spinach And Whatever Type Of Cheese You Have Or Perfer. Bake Aprox. 30 Min Until Set And Slightly Browned.
You Can Also Do This With A Endless Combo Of Veggies. And I Even Throw In Some Candian Bacon, Turkey Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Even Left Over Chicken Whatever I Have On Hand, It Is A Great Way To Get Kids To Eat Their Veggies, Most Kids Love Eggs & Cheese And Clean Out The Fridge.

If You Use Fresh Spinach Saute It Down Some, It Will Not Cook It Down In The Oven.
Closed Thread