Weight Loss Support - OK Who's with me?!

View Full Version : OK Who's with me?!

luckyducky
07-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Yea!!!! Day 8 of walking 3 miles!!! If I can get out and do it ( even if it is hot out, and I really don't want to), we ALL can!!! I was happy to step on the scale at work on Mon. and find 6 pounds gone!!! I know that is fast loss, but, I figure I will taper off soon. It feels so good to finish up that last few steps, knowing I am finally on track!!! Come on folks, join me!! Take a walk, put on some foot stompping music and get out there and have a great time! It feels so good, to be dripping wet, knowing I am empowering myself more and more with each step!! BTW, I walk to disco music ( guess that shows my age huh?). Let me inspire you to do the same thing!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Rumplesnat
07-12-2006, 10:30 PM
This sounds like a challenge. Perhaps I'm up to it! I'm crosstraining with the treadmill and elliptical. Can I count the elliptical, too?

luckyducky
07-12-2006, 10:34 PM
What ever floats your boat as long as we get out and do some exercise!!!!!! Yup, I think I have a challenge to everyone out there! I will gladly support everyone and will probably need the same support soon! ( Huge horse show season is fast approaching, no time... HAVE to make time for this! ) You ALL can help me too!!!

phantastica
07-12-2006, 10:39 PM
So I read this post ... and I thought, well, LuckyDucky surely isn't in HOT HOT HOT Minnesota this week! Umm, I guess you are. :dizzy:

Hiya, Neighbor! Where ya walkin'? If you're in the metro area, I'd love to meet up for a walk around some of our great trails.

I don't know if I can commit to walking 3 miles every day this week for this challenge, but I'll join in when I have time to map out a 3-mile route by my house!

luckyducky
07-12-2006, 10:47 PM
I am in HOT, HOT, Minnesoda, I live out in the country near a town 70plus miles outside of the Twin cities. I live right beside a state trail, and so I have the luxury of walking in peaceful solice, just me, my son ( sometimes, he IS 8), our 2 dogs, and my DISCO music! You should hear me belting out " Its Raining Men"!!! Hee hee! My son tells me I am freaking him out!!! But, it really gets me moving!!!! And my t-shirt was absolutely soaking tonight, after I got done! But, map that route! I will be there with you in spirit!! Just think of KC and the Sunshine Band singing "Shake your Booty"! That will be me!

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-13-2006, 12:10 AM
I just re-started my walking program yesterday!! I do three miles too!!! I need an accountability thread badly.

How hot is it in Minnesota? It hasn't been hot here in KS, but it sure has been HUMID. We get quite a few 100+ days in July & August (and sometimes September too!!).

carolshmarol
07-13-2006, 04:01 AM
I don't know if I can do 3 miles. I just worked my way up to 1 on my ellipticle. Can it be done? I mean can someone that weighs as much as I do (259 lbs) do 3 miles?

luckyducky
07-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Hi Carolshmarol,
I too weigh about the same as you, ( a little more, in fact). I have found that the more I walk the more I want to walk, of course, I am hot and sweaty and just wanting to quit after the first mile, but, once I get thru that, I just keep setting a new p marker on my walk and think to myself, if i can get to that spot... and so on. It works! I am doing my miles in less than an hour now, and even in this heat ( I wait til evening when it cools a little) I am still motivated, even today a Sunday!!! You CAN do it ( if your health is good and you have your doctors ok of course), I just want to motivate you!!! I know if I can do it you can too!!!!!

Tori
07-16-2006, 06:07 PM
im with ya! i may have to do the "walk away the pounds" 3 miles but i will do it with ya. i find i sweat more with them due to the weights and stuff. but if i can walk outside. i def will!

luckyducky
07-16-2006, 06:46 PM
You GO girl!!!!!!!!!

phantastica
07-16-2006, 08:11 PM
How hot is it in Minnesota? It hasn't been hot here in KS, but it sure has been HUMID. We get quite a few 100+ days in July & August (and sometimes September too!!).

Right now (7:00pm) it's 93 degrees with 57% humidity. It's been hot, humid, and minimal/no rain for DAYS now.

I just walked 4 miles! I walked to the library, to drop off books. :) LuckyDucky, you inspired me. I never would have walked in this heat otherwise! I regularly request books at a library that was on my driving route to work, but I've recently started requesting books at the one that I can walk to two miles from my house.

I think next time, I'm going to take a plastic bag with me and pick up garbage as I go. My route is a fairly high-traffic route, and even though this area is known for its clean cities, when you're walking you see a lot more garbage.

lachae49
07-16-2006, 08:16 PM
when i quit smoking seven years ago, i could not have done it without a forum to report to. having the support that encouraged each other to be strong and not give in to the cravings or excuses made my quit easier. i am hoping this forum will bring me that same success with my weight loss goals.

starting monday i will be walking too.

lachae49

luckyducky
07-16-2006, 10:04 PM
ok, it IS really humid out tonight, did my walk and my t shirt is more soaking than ever before!!!! Let's go ladies ( and gents)!!!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! It is truly uplifting to know there are more out there willing to try this!!! Keep on walking ( or whatever it is you are doing)!!!!!! I am there for you too!!!!

lachae49
07-17-2006, 02:32 PM
good job luckyducky!! it was to hot for me so i walked on the treadmill instead of oustide. using the treadmill i can vary the speed and incline and watch the tele, which all seem to keep me on it longer. hopefully the weather will start getting cooler and i can start walking outside. but for now the treadmill is my friend.

i feel really proud of myself for finishing the walk today.

lachae49

sotypical
07-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I really need to get back on the exercising, argh. I took a week off, it's hard to start up again!

Tori
07-17-2006, 02:42 PM
ok, i did 2 miles today with some 5lb weight strengthing. (WATP dvd) i have one more mile to do. tonight when it cools down im gonna strap my son in the jogging stroller and do that mile

luckyducky
07-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh Yeah!!!! Way to go Tori!!! I think someone needs to get the cattle prod out and get my tired ol butt off this chair and out there doing my thang!!! I KNOW I have to walk, and I WANT to walk, but, gosh, I am just so tired... maybe a quick 40 winks and off to do my necessary exercise!!!! At least 3 miles!!! Everyone is doing GREAT!!! Keep it up!!!!

Tori
07-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Luckyducky- you better get off your butt, this was your idea! :lol: :hug:

i'm teasing you, i have days like that

luckyducky
07-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks Tori,
I did actually get off my tired butt and walk, of course, my 3 miles got interrupted, cuase the hay guy arrived with my hay ( he was there as I made the end of my 2nd mile, came around the trees and there he was already mostly done! Yay!) So, I finsihed the 3rd mile a half an hour later, but, I DID it !! Yay! Didn't think I was gonna be able to today, so tired. I feel better now though, more energy, happy I did it. I GOT IT ACCOMPLISHED!!! And yup it WAS my idea!!! Heee Hee, The cattle prod worked, if anyone else needs it let me know!!! Keep on truckin!!!!(Y)

Tori
07-17-2006, 11:29 PM
GREAT JOB Luckyducky! Im proud of you! I never got in the 3rd mile. it was just too hot. i will TRY to get in a mile or 2 at home tonight. :D

lachae49
07-18-2006, 06:23 PM
you can do it courtnie. just start up. i know its hard but it has to be done. exercising will aid in weight loss and keep us tone and help our hearts and and keep us limber and make us stand taller and whatever postive reason there is. it has to be done. find the will and power and you will find success.

day two of just starting walking again and have have walked 7 miles.

yabba dabba do
lachae49

BabyPhat22
07-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Way to go!!! I use to walk all the time, morning and at nights. When the summer started I stopped. I should really get back into it. I walked with my sister and it was fun and we were burning calories!!

luckyducky
07-18-2006, 10:01 PM
OK ladies ( and gents), time to ante up! I did 4 miles today!!!! Yay!!! Anyone else in this for exercising today? It FEELS so good when you are done!! I was tired when I got home from work, so I DID take a nap first, luckily my son ( who is 8) holds me accountable, and woke me up when my sleep timer went off, otherwise, I might have tried to blow off walking today. But, it is done, and I think I have been walking at least 3 miles for almost 2 weeks!! Wooo hoooo!!! Come on girls, YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!!

phantastica
07-18-2006, 10:39 PM
I walked 3.5 miles today! I made a big loop around my neighborhood and used mapquest (its "add a stop" feature is superb!) to find out it was 3.5 miles. :)

luckyducky
07-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Cool beans girl!!!! That is spendiferous, and wasn't it a gorgeous day to walk?Yay!!!!!!

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-19-2006, 12:01 AM
I walked 3 miles tonight!!! And it's still 87 outside, so I actually worked up a sweat!!!

luckyducky
07-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Atta girl!!! I too, walked my 3 miles, it was so humid, my glasses were steamed up for the last mile and a half!!! Not that hot, (77 degrees) but, still worked up a major sweat!!! Doesn't it feel great!!!? SO invigorating!!!! Keep up the good work ladies!! Let me inspire you for more, you inspire me!!!!!!!!! Let's keep it going!!!!! Keep on keeping on!

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-19-2006, 11:25 PM
I just finished my 3 miles, this time it was 89!!! But I like to work up a good sweat. But it was gross, the back of my shirt was damp when I finished . . .

luckyducky
07-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Good job HGC!!!!! It is time for today's inspiration! Come on ladies (and gents)!!! Get up get moving, anything!!!!! Just exercise for as long as you feel you need, whether it be walking, running, marching in place, whatever you want... It feels so good to move! And it feels even better when you are done!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! Join us!

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Okay- Digging on this thread!

I got my sorry arse up and did a yoga-ball-exercise thingy then took the kids for a 2.3 mile walk with the hyper dog. *GRIN* the kids got burned out or I would have gone further.

I started an exercise line and am challenging myself to get 25 miles done within 2 weeks. This will be my accountablility thread since otherwise I know I will get lazy again. I am in horrible shape :( Could not even do the yoga thingy- and my toddlers could....

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey luckyducky, since this is turning into an everyday check in thread, we should start posting in the support groups. I'm just a temporary co-mod, so I can't move our thread, or I would. Our thread will be moved eventually if it gets too long. And we should come up with a name too!!! Something like the "3 mile club" or something to that effect.

I haven't walked yet, but today, I bought BRAND NEW walking shoes!!! I can't wait to break them in. I had my old pair for over a year!!! I desperately needed a new pair!!!

:welcome: HDStreetBob!!!!

luckyducky
07-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a great idea! Did my 3 miles after my riding student left this evening. I was bone tired, but, managed to get it in after all!!!! Wooo hooo! 3 mile chicks sound like a good name? I don't care what we call it, just so we can inspire and motivate others to keep on doing what they do best as long as it is exercise!!!! I am glad to see others chiming in here also!! Keep up the great vibes folks!!! You are all an inspiration to me also!!! Just remember that, we are all here to support each other! HDSBob, thanks for joining this thread also! I hope you all find the thread, whereever it gets moved to!!! Keep on keeping on!!!!! Move those bodies, get some exercise and inspiration!!!!!:)

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 10:54 PM
I will look for it!

How about a name like "The Three Mile Challenge" :)

luckyducky
07-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Sounds like a winner to me! :):)

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 11:44 PM
<--- in a haunting voice
"if you build it they will come" LOL!

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Okay, let's just start a new thread in "Support Groups." I think you should do the honors, luckyducky, you were the originator of the group :) I can link it when you open the new thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89816

Open the new thread here, and then I'll update the link when you do :D

And I just did my 3 miles (in my new shoes ~ which ended up being the PERFECT fit) and with an knee that has been acting up!!!

luckyducky
07-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Sorry folks, my life got in the way of my posting LOL! another day done, and I got my 3 plus miles in yesterday, and immediately jumped in the car and headed for the drive-in movie!!! Hence it was way too late to post yesterday!!! I have strted a new thread in the support groups, It is called 3 mile chicks ( thanks HDSBob!). I encourage you to keep reading and posting in that post once HGC links it up ( I am completely computer illiterate, can hardly bang my fingers on the right keys!) So, let me keep you inspired!!!! Come on ladies (and gents)!!!!!! You CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!! Kepp moving!!! One of my coworkers has even noticed my body's changing form!! And some of my clothese that were too tight, are fitting comfortably again!!! ALL this after just a few weeks of walking for one hour a day!!!!! So easy!! Even if you can't walk for an hour, try anything!! Just 5 minutes is worth it! Even marching in place during commercials is gonna make some changes in your body!! ( btw, that is my next move LOL). Life is too short and sweet not to try to make this change!!! Let me inspire and motivate you!

HDStreetBob
07-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Going to reply on new thread!

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-22-2006, 01:21 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89816

Here's the new thread!!! Everyone is welcome to join us!!!