Old 07-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #1  

Default LA Lite alternatives--info please :)

Hi!

I am really enjoying LAWL and this board--I lurk more than post, but I really get a benefit from this. THANK YOU!!!!

I saw this somewhere (I believe here), but I did a search and couldn't find it. When looking for comparable bars to the lites, what do you look for in the nutrition information? ~calories, protein, fiber, fat???? If anyone knows, could you post the technical info? Thanks so much!!!!

My neighbor is going to do it on her own and bought some bars called Tiger something. I can't remember. But knowing the info would make it more flexible for her.

I still love the lites--COOKIE DOUGH!!!! But I don't think I will buy more--too expensive.

Thanks in advance!!!
hometeachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

sorry i dont know what nutritional info you look for, i know some of the other gals on here will answer that but i do know that they sub luna & pria bars. Maybe just look for the ones closest to the nutritional info on the lites.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #3  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Here's the info off the LAWL Honey Nouget Lite--I guess anything in that range would be fairly comparable.

Calories--190
Fat--4
Sodium--85
Carb--30
Fiber--<1
Sugars--22
Protein--8

I love to substitute the Kashi Go Lean Crunchy--really better in everything--except the sodium so I just drink lemon water on that day, too.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

The calorie content, and the protein grams are going to be the most important of the nutritional information that you are looking for. You want a bar that is within 20 calories of the Lite in either direction.

The fiber in many other bars are much higher than what is listed for the LA Lite bar-so that is a GOOD thing as well. A couple more fiber grams is a good "difference".
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:04 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Aphil, how are you doing?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm doing okay. I am 33 weeks right now out of 40...and still teaching dance class twice a week.

I plan on doing it for a couple more weeks before I go on "maternity leave" from teaching.

My weight gain with this pregnancy is about 30 pounds right now...so probably close to 35 by the time I deliver. I am happy with that, though-because with my other two I gained around 50+...so keeping a better track of my diet and exercising more this time around has made a huge difference.

aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #7  
Katie

Height: 5'1

30 lbs is great. I gained 60 with my 1st. I'm sure with all of the exercise you are doing the labor, delivery, and recovery will be much easier too.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote