Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies (#82)

4myloves
07-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Don't forget to go back to thread #81 to catch up!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

gdeann
07-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Remember me? I want to come back out and play!!!!! We ordered a used laptop and we are up and running again!! I admit it, I AM ADDICTED, this has been a hard month with no puter!!!! I missed you guys!!!

Love, Gayle

LindaB763
07-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Welcome back Gayle! :hug:

4myloves
07-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Gayle, we missed you, too!!! Things just aren't the same around here without our resident :angel:

gdeann
07-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Resident angel, Cheryl???? Boy, do I have you girls fooled!!!!! I am so, so HAPPY to be back!!!!! I MISSED ALL OF YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!
SMOOCHIES!!!!!!!

ShelleyM
07-13-2006, 06:44 AM
Yay, Gayle's back!! I wish I had a laptop! BTW, did you get an email about the breast cancer walk Jennelle is doing?

Linda-Sounds like your dancing partner really likes you!!

Cheryl-As always, thank you for starting new threads!

Suzy-Those grandkids are really keeping you moving!

Chris-Feel better!

Janice-I know what you mean. I hate to weigh when I know for sure I'm up. Just try to get back OP and you will be fine. You've been doing so good!

Becky and Patty are driving me crazy!
UGH!!! Becky was looking at cars and is not talking to us because Mike wouldn't let her get the first one she saw. Patty is changing jobs and I was out with her getting applications yesterday and it takes her FOREVER to fill one out. She has to ask my opinion about every little question. Needless to say, this morning I have a headache!! Luckily Becky is going to Tampa today for the day.

Better go. Becky is taking my car and dropping me off to work. She paid Patty $30.00 to pick me up and take me in tomorrow morning, so she could take my car.
TEENAGERS!!!!!

gdeann
07-13-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm glad I'm back too, Shelley!!! By the time I checked my email, I had close to 300, so I just started deleting. If you have the info yet, will you please forward it to me??? Kids can be a joy at times, huh? LOL! Liz had 1 little thing go wrong with her car and she called me crying and saying how she bought a piece of junk! I told her to not get so emotional and things would work out. I can't remember if I was ever that emotional at that age....too many years ago!

Update me on happenings if you will please! I had a HECK of a time finding you guys after they moved the group! We are going to a dinner theatre tonight complements of our liquor store boss. We will be seeing God Spell. I spoke to a few people who has seen it and they say it is really a wonderful production. Now to find something to wear!!!

LindaB763
07-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Yep, I think my dancing partner does like me. Makes me nervous though. I have trust issues regarding men and I doubt the things they tell me are the truth (thanks to my :censored: ex husband!) and I'm working really hard to overcome that.

He (Jackie, yes he has a name other than dancing partner! :lol:) called me yesterday just to "check and see how I was doing and he wanted to hear my voice" awwww, how sweet! :D

I'm so confused!! :?: I want to believe him, but am so afraid to.

This dating thing and being thinner is all so new to me. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here! AM I THE ONLY SINGLE ONE HERE?? :)

gdeann
07-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Linda, I had a HORRIBLE first marrage and SWORE I would never get INVOLVED or get MARRIED again! Then I met Steve, my husband now of 10 years. We started out working together, so we became friends, then one thing led to another. If this is the man for you, you will eventually learn to trust again and know in your heart he is the one. Don't let fear get in your way of finding happiness. If he is a true friend, he will also understand were your coming from if you share your thoughts with him. Okay, I'm off my soap box!! LOL!

LindaB763
07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Linda, I had a HORRIBLE first marriage and SWORE I would never get INVOLVED or get MARRIED again! Then I met Steve, my husband now of 10 years. We started out working together, so we became friends, then one thing led to another. If this is the man for you, you will eventually learn to trust again and know in your heart he is the one. Don't let fear get in your way of finding happiness. If he is a true friend, he will also understand were your coming from if you share your thoughts with him. Okay, I'm off my soap box!! LOL!

I was married 13 years the first time and found out that he was using me as a "front" to be "normal" when in actuality he was gay. We were best friends, had known him since I was 9 years old, did everything together, etc. etc. Then he decided to come out of the closet after 13 years and two kids later. THAT was a shocker!

Then I met idiot #2. So totally opposite from idiot #1. Well, I didn't realize that how well he hid his true personality. So 10 years into the marriage he decides he didn't want to work, had to walk on eggshells around him all the time, slept all day, stayed up all night watching TV, expected me to keep HIS kids, was emotionally/physically abusive and my kids hated him. I got the heck out of that!

So now here I am 42 years old, divorced twice, and so totally don't trust men. He's going to have to be totally wonderful and very patient. I hate this.

SuzyMc
07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Gayle ~ WELCOME BACK!!!! It's so good to have you back with us...you have been missed! :hug:

Shelley ~ You're not kidding about the grandkids keeping me moving! I'm exhausted! I honestly don't know how women in their 40's who have small children do it!

Linda ~ I think you are the only single in the group. I would hate the thoughts of dating after all these years, but I know I would do things a lot differently now than I did when I was 20!

I have to run now, but hello to all the other Floozies! Things will be getting back to normal here soon and I'll catch up with you all then! :hug:

carolshmarol
07-14-2006, 05:32 AM
You guys don't really know me cuz I'm a new floozy. But Linda, you poor thing!!!! I can't imagine what you must have gone through with Jerk#1 and #2!!! I know a guy who's married and has 2 children and is a 'flamer' and NO ONE SUSPECTS ANYTHING!!! Amazing! He told me one day (indirectly) that he was gay but he always wanted children. I feel bad for his wife because she really loves him. I hate to think what will happen when they grow up - my guess is he'll leave. And jerky #2!!!! That just baffles me as to how long they can keep an act up. You did the right thing - I hope things are happier for you now.

I've never been married and no children. I've been with my b-friend for about 1 1/2 years and we plan on marrying next year some time. No hurry - I want to pay my car off first so I'm not knee deep in debt when we marry. I guess you just never know with your mate - no guarantees, but I wish there were!

I feel horrible for you Linda! One of those husbands was bad enough but you got a double whammy!!!!

ShelleyM
07-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Carol-I love your new picture. You are beautiful!

Linda-I agree with Gayle, if this is the right guy, everything will fall into place. You have had quite the experiences with your ex's. Honestly, right now I wish I wasn't married. I have already been arguing this morning with Mike about money. BTW, am I the only one here that has been married to the same person for 19 years and been with that same person for 29 years? I think I'm the dumb one here!!

Gayle-Would you believe Becky got a flat tire in my car while she is at USF? She called Mike a few times and finally hung up on him. The jack in the car bent when she tried to use it. I'm not sure what she wanted us to do! What the heck is going to happen when she is living up there, without Mom and Dad to come to her rescue? Oh, did I tell you the conversation yesterday morning? She is dating a guy 23 years old. I told her not to do anything stupid. She asked what I meant by that. I told her in so many words not to have him talk her into having sex with him. She asked me if she needed to do the math for me, because she knows I was pregnant when I got married. Well, I was 37 years old and had been living with Mike for 10 years. She had no answer for that, other than the fact that don't I think she has a good head on her shoulders? I give up!!

SuzyMc
07-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Shelley ~ Tim and I have been together for 25 years and married for 23 years. I don't know if that makes us dumb or just really really stubborn! ;)

gdeann
07-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Shelley & Suzy, I commend you for staying commited and maintaining marriages for as long as you have. In this day, it is hard to find long, stable marriages. You guys should be proud you have strong marrages and committed partners!! I know my last 10 years to Steve have flown by compared to the horrible years I put in with the husband from ****.

GOTTA GET TO WORK! WILL BE BACK TO PLAY LATER!!!!!

SuzyMc
07-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks Gayle. It hasn't all been hearts and flowers, but I do have a pretty good guy. ;)

Deelite
07-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Don't forget about me girls.....I have been married almost 26 years and have been together for 28 years.

I am just so sad this week. Dez lost a friend in a car accident on sunday. She was only 20 years old. It is a tragic accident. Poor Crystal was singing at a bar in the country saturday night and then left her truck there to go to an after party. She was dropped off at 5:00 am in the parking lot close to her truck. She was sobber. She walked over to her truck and fell into a pothole and broke her ankle. She was alone so had to drive. She didn't put her seatbelt on as she tried to drive with her left foot and hold her right ankle. She phoned a friend and told her that she was going to drive home and get her mom to take her to emergency. She only lived 6 miles away. She rolled her truck less than a mile from home. The neighbor found her a couple hours later partly ejected from the truck. She was already gone. Her mom phoned Dez as soon as she heard. Dez hasn't showed any emotion. I think that she is in shock and maybe doesn't want to cry because Grant's death is just to fresh in her mind. The funeral is on right now. Dez's friend from school picked her up. It is about an hours drive from her. Dez is speaking at the funeral on behave of her friends. I am finding it hard because she was to young and I just don't understand why! I just think that it could have been my daughter.

Sorry for not posting frequently and then coming to share this. I know that you are my friends and that you are always there for me. Thanks.

LindaB763
07-14-2006, 02:04 PM
I know a guy who's married and has 2 children and is a 'flamer' and NO ONE SUSPECTS ANYTHING!!! Amazing! He told me one day (indirectly) that he was gay but he always wanted children. I feel bad for his wife because she really loves him. I hate to think what will happen when they grow up - my guess is he'll leave.

In my research to understand the gay lifestyle and why it happened to me, I've read that the ones that keep it hidden USUALLY have a totally different life away from the home and keep it WELL hidden. BUT they are very sexually active. I just hope for the wife's sake, he's having safe sex. In my case, according to what my ex told me, he left before he acted out anything because he didn't want to expose me to any of that because he still loved/respected me enough. I don't know if he did or not. It was VERY hard to deal with, but I can honestly say it made me grow up fast. I was the pampered/sheltered princess when I was married to him. We had a very good marriage in its own way. Still had sex, did things together, etc. And today we are still the best of friends, he is a great dad, and we have two beautiful girls together. I don't wish anything bad for him at all. I realized that it wasn't ME or my fault. I could have looked like Ms. America and he still would have left. I think I would have been more upset if he'd left me for a woman. I can't compete with a man so I know it's not something lacking in me as a woman. Does any of that make sense?

And jerky #2!!!! That just baffles me as to how long they can keep an act up. You did the right thing - I hope things are happier for you now.The thing I learnt from "jerky #2 :) is how to take up for myself and not let anyone walk all over me. So both marriages were learning experiences. Wouldn't want to do them over again though! :lol: Jerky #2 hurt me more than #1 ever could.

I've never been married and no children. I've been with my b-friend for about 1 1/2 years and we plan on marrying next year some time. No hurry - I want to pay my car off first so I'm not knee deep in debt when we marry. I guess you just never know with your mate - no guarantees, but I wish there were! Congrats on your upcoming marriage! Not all men are bad! I just happen to have my quota of them for a while! :D

I feel horrible for you Linda! One of those husbands was bad enough but you got a double whammy!!!!

I'm fine and happy with the place I am right now in my life. I am finally liking ME and the person I'm becoming! So it's all good! Best part is, I'm getting rid of the weight (lost 1/2 pound last week) and I'm making great friends here!

gdeann
07-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Dee, so sorry to hear of such a young death. Dez is in shock, I'm sure. Give her a hug from Aunt Gayle. I can't take away the pain, but she will know others care. I am sure you guys are very proud of her today, speaking at the funeral.

Linda, you are doing awesome at the weight loss and YES, you are a friend here!

LindaB763
07-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Dee, sorry for Dez's loss. It's so hard when it's a freak accident. My best friend's cousin was killed whenever a deer ran in front of his truck, went through the front windshield, hit him in the face and broke his neck. The deer then went through the back glass and ended up in the bed of his truck.

I wish that girl had called her mother. I'm sure she would have come and gotten her! :( My girls know they can call me no matter what it is or whatever the time. I might not like it but I can't imagine not having them here either!

LindaB763
07-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Linda, you are doing awesome at the weight loss and YES, you are a friend here!

Thank you for saying that. I need all the friends I can get. I know I think of y'all as friends.

ShelleyM
07-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Dee-Please give Dez a hug from Aunt Shelley. Tell her I am so sorry for her loss. What a horrible thing to happen for such a young life. Again, my prayers to her family.
Dee-I wasn't sure if Larry was your first marriage or not. I thought you had been married for a short time before. Sorry!
Suzy-I agree. It's not all hearts and flowers, and it can be very tough at times (as I am going through right now,) but in the end it is all worth it.

I was up about 1/4 lb this morning, so I'm going to say I stayed the same. What a bummer. I have been doing so good with the eating. But when you compare 9 AP's in a week to the 35-40 I was earning, I don't think anything can make up for that.

Would you believe I fell asleep about 7:00 last night and woke up at 8:30. I thought I had slept in because I took the dog out and it was light out. I saw Mike hadn't made the coffee yet and was mad that I had to make it. It probably took me 5 minutes before I realized it was still night. I had to turn the tv to the channel that shows the day and time. I really scare myself sometimes!!

Lynneye
07-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Dee so sorry to hear about Dez's friend! What a tragedy.

I have been really lazy this week. We are still shopping for air conditioners and getting very discouraged. We have been everywhere we can think of to look. Going to do some more by phone today. We live in a condo and there is a sleeve, so the AC unit has to fit the sleeve as well as have a really weird plug. It is just so hot in here, I can't really do any exercising.
Also, my Dad is coming in a couple days to help redo the bathroom, so we have been shopping for bathtubs, sinks, toilets, and tile.

Just coasting along in my quest to lose weight, this week! Didn't make it to WW on Thurs. We were out shopping and ended up an hour from here, and didn't make it back in time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4myloves
07-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Would you believe I fell asleep about 7:00 last night and woke up at 8:30. I thought I had slept in because I took the dog out and it was light out. I saw Mike hadn't made the coffee yet and was mad that I had to make it. It probably took me 5 minutes before I realized it was still night. I had to turn the tv to the channel that shows the day and time. I really scare myself sometimes!!

:rofl:

I love you Shelley!!

SuzyMc
07-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Dee ~ I'm so sorry to hear about Dez's friend. I think it's impossible to make sense of something like this...we just have to trust that God has a plan and that he needed Crystal with Him.

Shelley ~ I've done that before too...it's a scary feeling until you are oriented again isn't it?

Debbi ~ Sounds like you have your hands full! I don't blame you for not wanting to do much without AC in this heat! It's too hot to do anything!

Ok Floozies...I really need your help! I got an appointment card for my yearly physical in the mail today. The appointment is for August 16th...one month away. I would really like to reach my goal by then and knock his socks off! :lol: I need you to help keep me on track and offer any suggestions that you can to help me reach this goal! I know I can count on you all to help me do this!

ShelleyM
07-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Suzy-You will do it! You have a goal to keep you motivated.

Mike and my dad went down to Naples today and bought Becky a brand spanking new 2006 Toyota Corolla. It's a very pretty red color. Patty and Mike are taking it to her at work now. Mike called her and told her about it, so she is on pins and needles waiting. She has to work until 11:00.

gdeann
07-17-2006, 01:09 AM
I bet Becky is thrilled silly over her new car!!! I hope she loves it!!!!

SuzyMc
07-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Shelley ~ Becky must be so excited to have a brand new car! I wish her many happy and safe miles in it!

You're right, the new goal has really movitvated me again! I weighed in and was up 3 pounds, so I adjusted my tracker. I really have my work cut out for me now with 7 pounds to lose in a month. I'm not sure that is a realistic goal, but we'll see. I decided to go back to the basics that I started with and day 1 (yesterday) was totally OP!

Have a good day everyone! Drink your water and try to keep cool!

Sherry
07-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Good Morning :wave:

I have been so busy the last few days. Sorry I haven't posted. We have been getting things done around the house because we're leaving in the morning and will be gone until Sunday.We are going camping (actually we rented a cabin) with 2 other couples. It should be fun. I need to get away!! The guys can fish and they have a walking trail & pool for us girls!!

I'm getting new tires put on this morning and going to the store.I'll pack tonight.

Drew was in a terrible jet ski accident Saturday. Thank God it wasn't worse then it was! We don't know if he hit a rock or the side of the jet ski when he wrecked.He has 16 stitches above his eye and scratches all over him.He passed out when he wrecked. He's doing good now though. He's just angry w/ himself because he doesn't know what happened.The paramedics said he was very lucky!! :angel:

Shelley....I bet Becky loves her car!!!!! What did she say when she saw it? I wish my car was red. I love red cars!!

Welcome back Gayle! I've missed you so much girlie!! :hug:

Dee...I'm so sorry to hear about Dez's friend. How is Dez? Give her a big hug from me. I love ya!

Can't post to everyone...Got to get dressed...Got an appointment for the tires.

Down 2 more lbs. this morning!! Total of 13 lbs. since June 12th :carrot:

gdeann
07-17-2006, 10:37 AM
GREAT JOB SHER! 13 pounds! WOW! I'm glad I'm back too! Thank goodness Drew is ok, he must of had his angel looking out for him.

YOU CAN DO IT SUZY!! RAH-RAH!!!!!

I think Shelley has one and anyone else, can I have input? I found a $40.00 MP3 player at walmart. Can I transfer from a disc stuff I have downloaded from the net?? Help me out here, I am computer illiterate. I want to transfer music, but I also like listening to radio program archives on the net. So I was wondering, if I found a way to download them, if I could download onto the MP3????? Help out this stupid girl please!! LOL!

Going to take Allison to the library today, then back home to do chores etc. I hope everyone has a GREAT OP DAY!

ShelleyM
07-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Oh Sherry! Please give Drew my love and prayers.
WTG on 13 lbs down! Have a great trip. Are Debbie and hubby going?

Gayle-Sorry, I leave all that stuff up to the girls. The only thing I know how to do is download songs from the Itunes store for my Ipod. I do know that you can take the music you have already downloaded from the net and put in on the MP3. What kind is it? The instructions must tell you how. When I had a Creative Muvo, it came with a CD with instructions on it.

ShelleyM
07-18-2006, 06:37 AM
Ladies, any of you food experts (Dee) would you please critique what I ate yesterday? My weight was up 3 lbs this morning.

Breakfast-3 egg whites, 3 cups coffee w/ff creamer
Morning snack-banana, diet pepsi
Lunch-Progresso chicken noodle soup (whole can)
Afternoon snack-apple
Biked 1 hr.
Dinner-2 huge bowls of salad with lite ranch and ff catalina, 1 cup mixture of ground beef, mushrooms,onions pan fried
Snack-ff/sf pudding w/oatmeal added, about 4 ff/sf fudgscicles,at midnight- butter container with applesauce,oatmeal and Uncle Sam's cereal mixed together sweetened with splenda.

I'm pretty sure thats everything. Please tell me how to improve. That pretty much what I eat everyday, with changes mainly at dinner, which is usually beef or chicken with pasta or rice. I don't know what to do anymore. I thought I had everything under control until this not running anymore occured.

SuzyMc
07-18-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm not a food expert at all, but it seems to me like you might be a little low on calories and you seem to be snacking quite a bit late at night. Even though you are snacking on fat free and sugar free foods with only a few calories the craving to snack might be a signal from your body that you aren't getting enough of something during the day. I think I would try adding some kind of protein to your morning and afternoon snacks. You could add a 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese, low fat yogurt, or a tablespoon of peanut butter to your fruit and see if that makes a difference. The extra protein during the day might be enough to keep the after dinner munchies away. Also you don't mention any water...are you drinking enough?

gdeann
07-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Shelley, I bet sodium is causing problems for you. Check the count on the can of soup you ate yesterday. Are you drinking lots of water? On hot days our body tends to retain fluid. I don't know how hot it was in Florida yesterday but we had a 109 degree day here! So, since I was gone, are you not able to run at all right now with the foot problems?

gdeann
07-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Suzy just gave you some great advice! Try adding more protein earlier in the day.

Deelite
07-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Shelley I agree with the sodium and eatting more protein in the am. Your points could alternate on the low side one day and up on the next.

Sherry I am so happy that Drew is ok. I am sure with all those stitches that shock him up. He has angels around him.

Thanks for all the love and support. You girls are the best, I really do mean it.

I am off for a quick cat nap before I head to North Dakota for a shopping trip with my girlfriend. We won't be back til thursday night. Just think that I will be that much closer to you all. Only now I have to leave my Canadian Chicky job up to Janice.....hehe.

Enjoy your week.

4myloves
07-18-2006, 02:09 PM
I just wanted to take a second to say Hey to all of the "lurk posters" I've been seeing around----Misti, Phantastica, Lillybelle and all the rest of you----you know who you are!!

We're glad that you've found "our" little corner of the forum and we'd love it if you'd join in our "chatting!"

The more the merrier!

:carrot:

Lynneye
07-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Extremely crazy few days here! Rob's Brother, Mike, had a great check up a week ago, full physical, blood work, whole thing. Then this past Friday, he was having bad chest pains. Went to a different Emergency Room, and saw a different doctor. Doctor admitted him immediately, and he had an angiogram on Sat. Immediately scheduled him for a quadruple bypass on Monday. So we have been back and forth to New Jersey where his brother lives, NY where his Mom lives and Connecticut where we live. I am exhausted!

Diet is not something I have been thinking about. Eating in the hospital cafe, is not very diet friendly! But most important thing, Mike came through the surgery fine and should be as good as new in 4 to 6 weeks! We were very worried about Rob's Mom, she is in her 80's and dealing with this. So far, she is doing really well, asking many questions, but doing well.

ShelleyM
07-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Debi-What a scare! Hopefully, his recovery will come quickly. My prayers to you and yours.

Suzy, Dee, Gayle-Thanks for the advice. I tend to not drink water. I know I need to.

Dee-Have a great trip to ND.

Cheryl-I've noticed the lurkers also. Come on in and talk to us, lurkers!

Lynneye
07-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Shelley, thanks for the prayers.
One thing I have read recently about water. Whatever you weigh in pounds, divide by two. That is how many ounces you should drink of pure water a day! Don't count coffee, diet sodas or anything but water. So according to your signiture, you weigh 129, so you should drink about 65 ounces of water a day. Since I have been trying to do this, my skin feels better, less dry and itchy, I actually feel better. I wouldn't really have believed it, but it is true. (OK, I am becoming very acquainted with every bathroom in town, but if it works and I lose more weight it will be worth it.)

ShelleyM
07-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Debi-I know I need to drink the water. I will try. BTW, my weigh tracker is wrong. I'm 133 this morning!! I just can't bring myself to change it.

gdeann
07-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Try more water Shelley....I bet you will have a pleasant experience on the scale.

Debi, prayers sent for BIL's speedy recovery! We just never know, do we?

Lurkers, come forth and show yourselves!!! LOL!

Dee, enjoy the trip! You have my permission to shop until you drop!

I invented a recipe yesterday that didn't turn out too bad. Here it is, it could be changed to use low fat soup, etc. This is core.

Place round steak in the crockpot. Mix together: 1 can tomato soup, 1 can italian diced tomatoes, 1 package onion soup mix, 1/4 cup water and 1 chopped green pepper. I cooked it all day on low then served it over WW pasta. The last hour of cooking, I left the lid off and stirred every so often to reduce the sauce. You could probably leave out the 1/4 cup water, but I was going to work and was afraid it would get too dry or burn. I left the beef in steak form, then when I made it home, I stirred and it started falling apart on it's own. It could probably use a touch more spice, but couldn't think what to use.

chrily
07-19-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm not a lurker!!! :o I forgot the thread changed...DUH for me! :o :o

I'll catch up with everyone after a while. I got a ton of stuff to do and not much time to do it in.

Chris

1oldbutterball
07-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi all. I am new to 3 chicks, but not to the struggle of weight loss. I have tried all the diets out there and realized that I have to stop dieting and eat better. I started last week at 255.5 lbs and have been writing down eveything I eat. I am sort of using WW's point system to keep track of what I eat. I retired in Dec of 05 and live alone, so I know I get bored and use food as a friend. I am also on meds because of my throid. My doctor has change the dose 3 times now and hopefully this time it is the right dose. I was really upset after 1 week I had gain 1.5 lbs, but I am still going. I got on the scale today and finnally lost that1.5 plus another 2 lbs. Maybe the dose is finnally right. I am sorry this is so long, but I wanted to let you know I need all the ideas you have, since many minds are better then mine alone. Thanks, Monica

chrily
07-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Welcome oldbutterball
My husband has thyroid problems too and it took a few tries for the doctor's to get his dosage right too. Are you hypothyroid?

I'm Chris,34 yrs, and a mom of 3 girls. I work part time for my dad and am a full-time student going for my Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. I'm enjoying my summer break and I start back in Sept. My highest wgt was 223 and I tried a few different approaches and am back on WW. I had the most success with that. So I'm doing it again. This time I am going to stick with it no matter what.

Well all,
Back to the laundry. (Man...I think that's all I do anymore!)

Chris

gdeann
07-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Welcome Monica! Hopefully the meds will help kick your thyroid in gear. My mom is on thyroid meds and struggles to lose weight. Although there is hope! She has dropped 80 pounds in the last 1.5 years through diet & exercise. Feel free to post here often!

Nice to see you Chris! I swear all I do is laundry, dishes and cooking...my family NEVER seems to "see" the stuff that needs done.

chrily
07-19-2006, 05:23 PM
How do you get a family to help out with chores so it doesn't fall to one person doing it??? I swear, the garbage is always full and no one wants to touch it, dishes, laundry, toys...I"m tired of it! Everyone always has all these cool ideas they do in their families but its hard to get "this" family to cooperate and help. Some days I feel like a real failure as a parent.

Well tonight, I'm going back to the gym. My sil called and is having an impromptu bowling birthday party at 8 tonight to celebrate her birthday today but I don't want to drive all the way out there. I don't really bowl or anything. Don't know what to do....

Chris

ShelleyM
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Chris-When you find out the answer, let me know. Of course, now with one going to college this fall, the other one probably won't even try to do anything. They used to at least wash their dishes after snacking, but not anymore.

Welcome, Monica! This is a great group of ladies. You will come to know us all as trusted friends.

Gayle-I actually drank a whole bottle (the little one) of water today. I am hoping to drink another cup at dinner. I am having to force it down. I have really gotten bad about not drinking it. BTW, do you find the crockpot stuff gets too overdone? I bought one that turns itself to warm after cooking the required time, but it still gets overdone. I have to start mine so early (6:AM) and can't turn it completely off until 4PM, so it makes it tough to find something that doesn't cook down to nothing or fall apart and disappear. I did the pork roast recipe the other day, and normally I would keep it whole, but I had to turn it into pulled pork. My family just doesn't like things done so much. I wish mine had the type of timer that you can set to come on at a certain time. Since we don't eat until 7, I would like to start it at noon.

1oldbutterball
07-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Thanks Chris for the welcome. I am on a generic for synthroid called Levothroxine. I started at 25 mg and am now at 125mg. I have only been at this dose since 7-12 so I am hoping it's right.
I have 4 daughters, 39, 37, 35 and 30. I also have 3 granddaughters, 19, 8, and 4 and two grandssons 16 and 10 and a new baby due Sept 1st.
Thanks again for your note.

1oldbutterball
07-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Shelly, I use on of those timers you get to turn on lights when you are'nt home. Plug it in outlet, then your crock pot plug into it. Set it for the time you want it to start and shut off. It worked great for me when I had kids to cook for and I went to work at 4 am.
Monica

chrily
07-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Monica...my husband is on levoxyl, which a synthetic drug. Probably the same thing as yours but generics don't work so we have to go for the name brand. But he is taking 155 mcg. He started at 110 (?). But he feels much better and has more energy with the higher dose. At least they got his TSH down to under 4. When he first found out his thyroid was bad, the TSH was up 49. I think the max is supposed to be 4. He was waaaayyyy out there.

Chris

1oldbutterball
07-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I hope to lose about 95 pounds, but am working on my first 10. I will try to say a hello at least a couple of times a week. Off to fix dinner. Thanks again

ShelleyM
07-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Monica-Just take it one day at a time. We are here to help and motivate. Thanks for the timer tip. I may have to invest in one. Today I am making stew. I put a frozen roast in the crockpot, hoping it doesn't get too done. I've asked DH to add all the spices, since you will soon learn from this board that I am not a cook!

4myloves
07-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Stop!!!!

A new thread has been started--

Please go to thread #83!