Old 07-12-2006, 01:22 AM   #1  
Determined to be Healthy!

S/C/G: 202/188.5/135

Height: 5'3

Default Weighing Question

I know your weight fluctuates throughout the day and everyone's scale is different... but what you suggest to be the best time of day to weigh myself so that I do it the same time everyday?
ChasingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:46 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I weigh first thing of the morning after urinating. I only weigh a couple times a week because I don't like to see the daily fluctuations.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:03 AM   #3  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I also weigh first thing in the morning, naked, before eating, after going to the bathroom (hmmm, anything else I could do to make myself lighter? ). If you weigh yourself first thing when you wake up, then you don't have to worry about forgetting to do it. Also, that's probably when you are your lightest (if you're going to be consistent, you might as well be consistently light).

I also weigh before I go to bed so that I'm prepared for what my weight will be in the morning, but most people consider that excessive (personally, I consider it restraint). I'm never more than three pounds lighter in the morning (and usually it's more like two pounds lighter).

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I weigh in the morning too, just like the others. I also weigh at the gym, though don't record it. But anytime you can be consistent is fine -- though it seems we tend to weigh less in the morning.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/138/120

Height: 5'5

You should also only weigh yourself sparingly - once a week or less.
MaryKate'sPillStash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #6  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I weigh all the time, because it works for me. If I am up or down I don't usually get very excited or disappointed as I need to see it consistently for a week or so until I believe it. I tend to be about 2 lbs lighter in the morning and 2 lbs heavier at the end of the day, so if I weigh at either time or during the middle I have a good idea of what my average is.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote