Simply Filling/Core - Core Board Chat #49

View Full Version : Core Board Chat #49

Katpo
07-11-2006, 08:16 PM
So ... what's going on? :corn:

Vickie
07-11-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm chasing you! So how come your little egg yolk isn't showing up anymore? I thought I was on alone. I always check to see who's on when I get on.

Katpo
07-11-2006, 08:27 PM
You know what? I think I had changed it to invisible at one time and didn't change it back. I should do that now. I don't want to be anonymous!!

So to celebrate my little "we all get to choose" moment, I went to Taco Bueno and had bad food tonight. :lol: Actually it might not have been sooo bad I guess, but whatever.

I might be having a bad time in a few minutes. Someone is on the phone from the Naval Center for Shaun and I'm hearing part of the conversation. I swear if it's bad news I'll probably slit my wrists.

Vickie
07-11-2006, 08:30 PM
OMG, my fingers are crossed that it's not bad. Don't worry about dinner. Just don't get on the scale tonight.

Katpo
07-11-2006, 08:33 PM
AARRRGGH! He's still on the phone -- I'm staring at my cordless downstairs that says in huge letters EXT IN USE. If they were saying he was booted out, I don't think there would be a long conversation. Maybe they're saying "Hey, dude, could you leave tomorrow?"

My heart can't take this pressure!!

Katpo
07-11-2006, 08:35 PM
The reason I'm more worried than usual (like I need a reason, huh?) is that this is the actual Naval station, not his recruiter calling from the local recruiting office. The guy asked for "Seaman Recruit Shaun Cook".

I AM OFFICIALLY WORRIED!

Vickie
07-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Well, you've got me worked up too now!

aghiowa
07-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Wow, the suspense! I hope it's good news.

I'm frustrated...I turtled this week. Grrr. I guess it's better than gaining, but I have really been trying. Oh well, nothing else I can do but keep trying, huh?

So a while back, we had a service auction at my church, remember? I'm finally paying one of my services tonight. I gave away movie nights in our theater room, where we provide the popcorn. A blind woman won this one, so she's here with a friend watching a movie now. I thought it was funny that she would want it so badly, but I guess the sound is great down there too. :) She wanted to see 9 to 5, which I think is a hilarious movie, with great music, so I imagine it'll be fun.

I'm off to check on their popcorn levels.

Angela

Vickie
07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Frouf, I looked at the twinset. I'd be tempted to go Navy capris/slacks. If the wheel is black then you could also do black. The description on QVC says it's red/white/blue. I also think white capris go with everything. You could even wear jeans or jean capris. It's so nice to have so many options, isn't it?

Vickie
07-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Angela, I shouldn't be laughing but this sounded so funny to me! You are a good woman with a million great ideas. I'd love to come watch a movie in your theater room. BTW, I've heard that being sick can affect a person's weight loss and so can medicine. I'm encouraged by your turtle. I'm sure it will be more next week. My money is on you!

Katpo
07-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Oh hey, Vickie, guess what you did today? You ruined my fall. And my spring. And my fall and spring. And fall and spring and fall and spring for the next few years.

I'm signing up to go back to school. What fer, you ask? Dietetic Technician. Not to work at it, but just for myself. I'm probably halfway there because of already having all basics done, and it would just be the specialized classes.

Thanks. Thanks a lot. ;)

Vickie
07-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Moi?! How did I do that? And by the way, what a cool idea for you. Something for you to do in your down time.;) :D

Katpo
07-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Holy cow, Angela, that's awesome! I mean about the blind woman and her friend watching 9 to 5 in your theater room, not the turtling. But the turtling is not bad, although I hate that term because that's what some movie called it when you're about to poop. TMI? :lol:

It might not be bad. I heard him saying something like "so when do you get to pick your job or location" and then "you mean like Coast Guard and Navy" and "oh that sounds fine" ... we can all settle down and whenever he FINALLY GETS OFF THE FREAKIN' PHONE I'll tell you about it.

It's six weeks from today when he ships out. Sigh ... six whole weeks.

Katpo
07-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Because you said something like knowing enough to be a nutritionist. I study this stuff all the time because I'm terrified of getting to be like my parents, or dying of cancer like my sister, or being overweight like all of them, or having fibromyalgia, super high cholesterol, and diabetes like my mom. Or heart disease, COPD and joint degeneration like my dad. Heck, both parents have had malignant melanoma too. I am so doomed.

Vickie
07-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I don't remember who asked but here is the link for the blueberry lemon muffins. I don't use the lemon anymore but as Saundra pointed out...the options are endless!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49333&page=6&highlight=blueberry+lemon+muffin

Vickie
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, Kathy, you do know alot about this stuff. And information is power. If it makes you feel strong and you apply it to your life, then you probably are saving your own life. Pretty exciting stuff.

I have got to get my butt off of this computer. I promised Jim I'd watch the All Star Game with him. Just one email to send.

I'll check back on Shaun.

ontarget
07-11-2006, 08:49 PM
kathy, such drama at your house. i'm glad it sounds like things are going all right.

angela, i know it's frustrating to stay the same when you've worked so hard, but hang in there. the weight will come off. you'll be dropping that weight just as soon as your body is ready.

ontarget
07-11-2006, 08:51 PM
vickie, it was me. thank you for posting the site number.

Katpo
07-11-2006, 08:55 PM
All is well. He said it was sort of a QA call, and he had a lot of questions for them. He had scored in the top 10% in the ASVAB test and his job that he chose is in high demand. That's why he had a long wait before basic, because the specialized school only happens like 2-3 times a year in Pensacola. Okay anyway, they told him he would be assigned to a particular aircraft and not a base, so when the aircraft went to another base or carrier, so would he.

Do we all feel better now? I know I do. ;) Vickie, enjoy the game. I got home too late last night for the Home Run Derby but am excited about the game.

sauniemay
07-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Kathy, my heart was pounding with the suspense, glad it was a good ending. Actually, the aircraft station sounds interesting. Kathy, I commend you for even thinking of taking a course. When do you come up for air?

Vickie, when I had menopause problems, I spoke to a pharmacist friend of Bernie's who specialized in the condition. She steared me to Evening Primrose, and it did the trick. It doesn't work for everyone, but I'd say is worth a try. I took two daily, and it stopped the "flashes".

Adam's interview was cancelled, but I still picked him up and we had a nice evening. We went out to dinner and walked around the mall a bit. I had to get home in time to have Bernie's dinner ready by 9:30. I just picked up a chicken and potatoes. I'd already made a salad.

Air conditioning people are coming early tomorrow, and I'll be glad to get it moved from the deck. It's suppose to be very hot this weekend.

Okay, what's on TV?

Katpo
07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Saundra, it's nice to know someone else is familiar with evening primrose. I took it for quite a while and stopped sometime last year when I ran out and didn't get more. Stupid, huh? As many problems as I have with regulating my hormones, I should know better than to mess with something that works. I've had hormone replacement therapy for 19 years (Kate was a year and a week old when I had surgery) and I've been thru shots, patches, pills, shots and pills combined, shots and patches combined, pills and patches, different patches, natural therapy (didn't work) and back to pills. Then shots, patches, a different pill, and a different patch. :lol: Finally I'm on a light pill and support it with the additional EPO and lots of B vitamins.

Katpo
07-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Vickie, when Ozzie was wiping his eyes during that award presentation to Roberto Clemente's wife, I thought I was going to bawl. I just love that man ... you guys better hang on to him.

Vickie
07-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Isn't Ozzie just the best! Real passionate. I don't care that he gets into trouble sometimes. I loved him when he was our shortstop too. Let's win this game already! I'm so glad all is well with Shaun. I just ran in here during a commercial to check.

Saundra, I don't have flashes but I'm still going to look into the evening primrose. Maybe it'll help one of my other symptoms. So many people have recommended it that I feel I should look into it. I'm very blue/almost depressed sometimes and I'm having phantom period symptoms. It stinks. I'll be glad when it's over.

septembersgoal
07-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Whoa, did I ever get behind!!!

Kathy, I'm glad that all was well with Shaun. And you're going to be our own personal Dietetic Technician!?! That's exciting. I tell you what, it pays to have friends in high places. I guess that makes me everyone's counselor? :lol:

Vickie, you are such a sweetie. Look at you, changing the course of people's lives tonight. What power you have! I'm so glad that things with Jim are going well. I know he has a great nurse! ;) Hope you're enjoying some time with him now.

Angela, I agree, congratulations on not gaining. Of course I know it's frustrating. I hope that you are having fun with your visitors! Such a neat idea.

Aunt Sandra, of course I wouldn't take meds if I am pregnant! :) Thanks for watching out for me. I'm just so completely impressed with your loss. You're doing so great!! I guess your doctor is good accountability.

Saundra, thanks for telling me about the muffins. I guess I didn't read closely enough, or didn't know enough about the recipe. Of course DH threw away my too-ripe bananas, so I'll have to find something else. :D I think I might have some frozen blueberries?? Did Adam's interview get rescheduled?

Well I need to get ready for bed girls. I'm super tired (imagine that). I actually fell asleep on the couch when I got home from work. I'm so fatigued that I feel like I can't do anything. We did manage to get to the grocery tonight though, so I actually have some food for tomorrow. :D I hope that you all have a wonderful night and day tomorrow!

Vickie
07-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Konerko keeps the inning going with 2 outs in the ninth. Texas Rangers, Michael Young gives the AL the lead. Michael Young MVP.

Sorry girls...Kathy and I just had to have a little baseball talk. The White Sox and the Rangers rock together!

ontarget
07-12-2006, 12:51 AM
hi, girls. we just finished hot tubbing and discussing our trip this afternoon with bryan. we had a great time riding down to see his new land he's buying. it's gorgeous. he has a creek and some streams going through his property. he's going to build a show place. he's curtis' archer who's a home contractor. and he's just 28 yrs old. amazing.

melissa, i knew you wouldn't take meds without your doctor. i, however, took some diet pills when i was pg. my ob/gyn prescribed them for me to take the first 3 months. my pharmacist kept refilling the bottle. back then (60's) they weren't as strict about refills as they are now. i took them the whole pregnancy. nothing happened to derik but my doctor had a fit. he should have told me when to stop taking them.

vickie and kathy, i love reading about your baseball games and guys.

saundra, i hope you get the a/c moved without any hassles.

patti, i'm waving at you.
got to go. it's late and we're tired. i'll catch ya'll tomorrow.

nurseinnc
07-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone. I didn't get called into work last night so I was able to get a lot packed. I am out or boxes and paper so I must go to the UHaul store this morning and get some more.
I will be glad to get everything in one house so I can get back to my regular routine. I wasn't able to weigh Thurs since I packed the scales! I have been trying to stay mostly core so hopefully all will be OK when I unpack them. I better go eat and get to the store. Have a great day everyone.

sauniemay
07-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Good morning,

It's cloudy and cool this morning, and the fellows are doing the "move" as we speak. I assume it will be a half day job.

Not much to do today, so I'll just cozy up with a book. I may go for a walk with Bernie soon, as he goes in at 1:00 today.

Hope it's a good one for all of you....

Katpo
07-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Michael Young is the MAN! I was getting worried there at the end and he totally came thru!!

Melissa, I'm sure we don't need to tell you that exhaustion is a classic symptom!! :preg:

Yep, I'm going this afternoon to get re-registered at Tarrant County College (it's a 2-year that they're trying to transition to a 4-year). Saving grace for the first semester is that the basic nutrition course is offered online, as is the Intro to Dietetics. We'll see ...

I had a tough morning that included:

1) stopping for gas ($2.95/gal ticked me off first)
2) then having the gas spill everywhere
3) decided I needed a car wash so as to not damage paint!
4) the car wash only worked for back half of the car and left soap all over the front
5) went inside to ask for a refund
6) but was met with a very nasty clerk
7) eventually got refund!! Yay!
8) still had to go somewhere else to wash off the soap so...
9) I went to a wand-type place because it said 25 cents
10) found a quarter, put it in ... then it said
11) insert $1.00. HUH???
12) I look at the sign again and it actually says:

per minute

13) GRRR! I found a few more quarters, rinsed off the soap, got my feet wet, and left.

Must go take blood pressure medicine now. I'll be back in a bit.

Vickie
07-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm here but feeling very blah. I tried to get up at 7 but ended up sleeping until 7:45. It's weird. Cameo is due for a bath today and must be dropped off at 11:00. I'll probably have to exercise this afternoon. That's ok though because I'm not cooking today. Today is Chipotle day. Woo Hoo!

Melissa, it was so nice to see a long post from you. You really are a positive force! I think napping on the couch is perfectly acceptable no matter when you do it. It's probably a bit of stress. Any word on a new job for you? Have things calmed down for Aaron? He was a bit stressed a while back.

Sandra, you're friend the Contractor will be a great person to know if you and Curtis decide to move. I'd love to build my own house some day but that's not going to happen. We'd never be able to afford it at this stage of our life unless we moved to a cheaper town and seriously downsized. I don't think we want that; at least not now. Bryan's land sounds wonderful as does your hot tub. I wish I could get into my darn pool. I'm praying it isn't green since our old pump/filter aren't working. The new one is supposed to be installed this week.

Paula, hang in there! You sound like you are really starting to get tired. It'll be over soon. I bet you'll lose weight with all the packing exercise.

Saundra, how great that they are moving it on a cool day so that you don't have to suffer! I wish we had nothing planned. We haven't had one of those in a while. Enjoy your walk with Bernie.

I'm off to post my menu and do a little surfing. I also need to figure out if I need a service call for my treadmill. I'll be back later to check on all of you.

Vickie
07-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Kathy, your morning sounds like a BAD comedy skit! Our gas is $3.25 a gallon. I hope your feet are dry now.

septembersgoal
07-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Wow, makes me look cheap. I paid 2.80/gal for gas the other day, and it's actually gone down since then.

Kathy, bless your heart! What a way to start the day.

Paula, glad you got a lot done last night!

Saundra, enjoy your relaxing day.

Vickie, I hope that you don't have to pay any big bucks to get the treadmill fixed. Hopefully it's something small. Thanks for saying that I am "positive." Things are going okay. I'm definitely under a lot of stress and still no TOM! I'm going to have to re-test this weekend. Thanks for asking about Aaron. Actually, he has a big meeting today to decide some of the future of his job. I'd love any prayers or good thoughts from you all. It's not like he's going to lose his job or anything, just some changes to his responsibility. He's gotten hurt and deserves an apology, and I'm hoping he gets it. Church work for you. Anyway, it's this morning at 11:30, so hopefully the stress of "waiting to know" will be over.

Sorry for the long ramble. I have to get back to work. Good day all! :D

Vickie
07-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Melissa, you and Aaron have all my prayers and good wishes. I'll be sure to send a special one up at 11:30. I remember too well the stress of waiting. Good luck with that test. No TOM for me at all this month. At least I know I'm not preganant!

sauniemay
07-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Melissa, I hate to hear you sound so stressed. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Aaron. Is there any job thats idyllic? Looking forward to the weekend test results.

Vickie, wish you felt better, but just take it one day at a time. I hope the treadmill isn't going to take a major fix. Have fun taking the pussy for her bath.

Kathy, what a morning. Hope you can look at it with a smile now.:) I've got to ask you, do most people have pools there, or is it just too hot? ...enquiring minds...

Paula, just remember, soon it will be over!

Katpo
07-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Most people do have pools ... I've always had one and so has Judd. We don't at this house though because we have gone back and forth about moving, not moving (sound familiar, Sandra?) for most of the 7 years we've lived there. We have decided that if we are still there in the spring of '08, we'll build one. Above-ground pools aren't allowed in lots of subdivisions, and they don't work here anyway because of the heat. It has to be inground and deep in order to stay cool enough to enjoy.

Vickie
07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Sheesh.....and I've got a solar cover on mine 24/7 to get it above 75 degrees. Last time I was in, it was only 81.

sauniemay
07-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Vickie, do you think we could take the Texas heat? Of course, nothing beats our humidity!!!

Mattandgabbysmom
07-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Good afternoon, talk about humidity, it is a killer here today you can't really stay outside for too long, suppose to have storms today & tomorrow. Took the kiddies to the library this morning, signed them both up for the reading program, they both took out some books, ds is now interested in planets, dd just grabs what is within her reach :) I took out 3 Walk Away The Pounds videos, 1 mile, 2 miles & 3 miles, p.a seems to enjoy them so I figured I would give it a try, I have them for 3 weeks. Gotta do some more exercise, just eating right is not getting it off fast enough, use to when I was in my twenties, not any more!

Saundra I don't know if I could take the Texas heat, but the NY humidity is insane today, I am not budging from my house anymore today, Phew is it hot.

Vickie a 81 degree pool sounds mighty fine right now, I would love to get a pool but not till the kids are bigger, my dd is a bit of a daredevil, she has no fear. I would take them to the lake today but it is extremely cloudy. Gas here is somewhat close to yours vickie, makes me not want to drive to much.

Melissa waiting on pins & needles to hear the test results :D

Kathy my gosh what a morning, hope the rest of the day turns out better for you.

Paula sounds like you are getting alot accomplished.

Sandra look at you after midnight and hanging out in the hot tub, I am sooo jealous :D :D :D

Vickie
07-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Saundra, humidity kills me! Makes my chest all tight and makes me feel panicky.

Niki, you probably have the humidity that we had yesterday. It was oppressive.

Off to the treadmill if I can get it to work.

ontarget
07-12-2006, 12:57 PM
good morning. we got up early and got busy. curtis did some painting touch ups and i cleaned the last 2 rosebeds. i'm watering now and getting ready to cook lunch. curtis is in front of the tv. we old retired folks don't do too much work, do we?

paula, i'm glad you had the night off and could do more packing. i'll bet you have a good loss when you go to ww next thurs.

saundra, don't you love retirement? i do, too.

vickie, i didn't know you were having pump/filter problems. we had probs with our hot tub this spring, too. it was still under warranty (barely) so it didn't cost anything. that's good as we are flooded with med bills right now. life goes on.

kathy, what a way to start a morning! our gas prices are about the same as yours. we're starting to wonder why we bought the travel trailer.

melissa, i'm sorry aaron got hurt. i hope he gets that apology today. you are both in my prayers. no wonder you've been so stressed. things are coming at you from all sides.

kathy, that does sound familiar. we're still going back and forth. right now we're waiting to hear if bryan can sell us 1 acre of his new place. there may be restrictions that keep him from doing it. we should know later this week. if so, we're moving. if not, we're probably giving up and staying here.

saundra, texas has that humidity, too. the other night i was watching the new reality show "treasure hunters". they were in a swampy area in south carolina. the temp was 101* / 98% humidity. i would have died if i'd been there.

nikki, we're supposed to get some rain today, too, but it doesn't look like it outside. the water in our water aerobics pool is 83 or 84*. it feels pretty good.

where's frouf?

Froufy
07-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Super humid here - you surely wouldn't want to live here - unless you had a pool and could sit in it all day?

Kathy - sorry about your awful gassy morning - I hate when everything goes wrong! So what's the litre to gallon conversion? Our gas is way up there at around $1 per litre - last night it was down to 99.8 so I sent dh out to fill my van!

Glad to hear Shaun is still on the 'list' and will be attached to his aircraft soon! And I am very impressed with your 'additional' career - never hurts to know more about what we eat and how our bodies work!

Vickie - sure hope your treadmill is not on the fritz - that would be bad news! I also agree the EPO is worth a try - I have several gfs who use it for PMS symptoms.

Paula - glad you got some packing done and didn't have to go in to work, but I bet you are really tired! (think of all the ap you are using!)

I want to go watch movies and eat popcorn in Angela's movie room!!!!!!

Niki - sounds like you're in for some rain? We are also supposed to get some thunder/lightening today - and a very very hot weekend up in the nineties probably? (maybe another visit to sil's pool is in order? :D)

Sandra - sounds like the prescription and exercise are working marvellously for you and I am sure your dr will be extremely please with your progress!

Patti - yes load up on many colors of crocs - I see them all around here - hard to believe they are comfy - look pretty clunky to me?

Saundra - hope you are keeping cool while the ac unit is being move - you will definitely want to have it working for this weekend!

My official one month weigh in this morning showed 211.2 - I am counting it as 9 lbs down!!!! I did not go to the gym yesterday - my interview didn't end til 5:30 - then only got out of the office at 6 pm with a blaring headache! Went to the mall again - still no black bra for me! Got home exhausted - had bagel/egg salad and tomato for dinner!

Thanks for all the fashion advice - I too was thinking white! Not sure if there is any black on the top - but I like the red/white and blue kind of nautical look.

I am wearing my new black/silver cruise sandals to work today -everyone just loves them - I am 'testing' them out and trying not to wear them out or wreck them in any way! ha ha ha

Also bringing my cruise buddy gf home with me today - we are now starting our trivai training - yes we will win many of those tacky plastic ship's trophies for our efforts. First we start with "millionnaire' then on to "jeopardy' - and see how we do! Bad news is I am probably just ordering in a pizza for dinner! I also have a big fresh fruit platter tho and will make a salad as well so I can fill up on that instead of pizza! We are 60 days out and very excited as we are no planning our excursion for the ports we are visiting (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Martin).

Later!

Frouf

septembersgoal
07-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Frouf, I'm so excited for you. I would love to go on a cruise, but DH has major claustrophobia (sp?) and I don't know if he could take it. I hope that you have a fun evening!

Vickie, thank you so much. I think things went okay today. They actually ended up not having the meeting as one of the participants got sick. But he did speak to the pastor and got an apology and an explanation. So at least that's better than nothing. I hope that you get to enjoy your pool today. It is thundering and threatening rain here right now.

Sandra, I think you do a lot! You are one active bmw chick. :lol: You really are though, and I think that's so great. I wish that I could come do water aerobics with you. Would they let me in? ;)

Niki, sounds like you are a busy beaver. :lol:

sauniemay
07-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Frouf again Congrats on the loss. You sound so excited about the cruise. Dave and Adam are trivia kings. Dave was captain of Borden's school reach team when they won Eastern Ontario two years in a row. Don't know, call Dave to this day.:) When we at Bayshore yesterday, I stopped in to talk to the travel agent about Riu Jamaica. Adam told me that I knew more about the destinations then she did.

Sandra, it's exciting that you may be buying the land. Doesn't it get you how successful some of these pups are? When will you find out if it's a go?

Vickie, I know just what you mean about the humidity. It can bring on a panic attack for sure. As long as I have a lake or pool to jump into, I'm good.

Niki, sounds like a fun morning with the kids. I love reading to my guys. Good idea to stay put this afternoon.

Melissa, hope everything turned out well for Aaron.

Kathy, hope you have friends with a pool.;)

The A/C got moved and it's so much better now. The deck has the extra room and we re-configured the furniture. It looks much better. Now we won't here the noise as the unit was below our bedroom.

I went for my monthly W.I. and I was down 3 pounds. I really don't want to lose any more, so I'll have to ad points and balance.

Okay, off to the laundry.....:)

sauniemay
07-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Hi Melissa (waving), glad things are okay.:)

ontarget
07-12-2006, 04:34 PM
frouf, congratulations on that fantastic loss. nine lbs in a month is great. and i was worried you weren't losing. silly me. sixty days will be here soon. you and gf are going to have a blast.

melissa, you get here and you're in. i can get you a 5X pass. i gave one to my neighbor the other day. (we just won't tell them that you won't be buying the year membership later.) :lol: i'm glad aaron got that apology. curtis won't cruise either. he says all he'd do is eat. :lol:

saundra, that's something that you lost this month. have fun adding pts. i guess we'll find out end of the week if bryan can sell the land. that is if he has time to negotiate with the county down there. he's really really busy with his building. i think he's working on several homes now and they are in different towns. yes, it is amazing what he's accomplishing. he's one of those hardworking gogetters. if we move near him, ya'll will prob be hearing a lot about him. well, you already do, don't you? he's the shooter who just won a national title in a tournament in california.

i'm going to watch tv and eat some watermelon. curtis is eating strawberry ice cream. does that count as a fruit? :lol:

Katpo
07-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I say YES! Strawberry ice cream counts as a fruit! :lol: In DH-world, that is. Judd would eat it 3 times a day if it did, let me tell you!

Home from work now -- sheesh, at 8 p.m.! I do believe I am officially wiped out. I need to prepare clothes and lunch for tomorrow, then go to bed. Shaun has to go to the park for PT in the morning, so we have to leave home by 6:30 sharp or else. Don't want the Navy breathing down MY neck.

Seems like a quiet night; I'll check back in a while after I've washed, dried, straightened, and THEN curled my hair. Don't ask ... it seems wacky but that's actually what I have to do.

See you in a bit.

ontarget
07-12-2006, 10:53 PM
kathy, are you curled yet? i just got home from water aerobics. we had a different leader tonight. she was super!! now i'm ready to watch "so you think you can dance."

where is everybody?

Katpo
07-12-2006, 11:03 PM
NO! I actually just got done with cleaning up the kitchen and doing a load of laundry. Now that it's 10:00, I think it's too late to start in on washing, drying, straightening, curling ... alarm will have to be set for 5:00 in the morning so that I can get it done.

ARGH! No fun. Off to bed now. Enjoy your TV watching -- so glad you had a great time tonight!

Katpo
07-13-2006, 08:32 AM
I am on FIRE these days!! This is the second day in a week that I get the booby prize for being last and first poster! ... :lol:

No mishaps on the way to work this morning so maybe it'll be a better day. Shaun didn't go to the park which means I was able to just come on in. I didn't know he wasn't going until I was about to leave, and since I was ready I decided to just go ahead and leave for work.

Judd says we might be getting a puppy. Sigh ... as cute and cuddly and sweet as they are, it just seems like more work to me. We work with a guy, retired Air Force pilot, who breeds Border Collies. He has one in his newest litter that has one blue eye and it can't be shown, which is what they do. He does the showing and his wife does agility exercises. Anyhoo, that's the scoop for now. Her name is "B" for now, for Blue-Eye. Judd calls her Bea Arthur. I'm sure I would have to change her name as I do NOT want a cute little puppy named Bea Arthur. Judd got to see the pup last night, because this guy is also up at Whiteman AFB this week. Since he was stationed there before he got out, he knows lots of people there. And since he was going to be there all this week anyway, his wife went with him (they took a motorhome) and took all 6 puppies and the mama.

On with the day. I'll check back in a bit.

Vickie
07-13-2006, 09:17 AM
I had a short sleep so I'm still tired this morning. The scale is up and I'm down. I'm hoping it's the popcorn that I had late last night since I am a hopeless salt addict. I'm walking on the treadmill this morning and I'm continuing to work on portion sizes at dinner. It's the best I can do. Still no TOM this month and I guess I have to assume it's not coming since it's almost time to start the hormones again. I'm sure that is all messing with my weight loss. Nothing to do but keep on trying. I was REALLY hungry yesterday which didn't help. I did get in all my water but was short a milk serving. I intend to be better at the 8 healthy eating guidelines, starting today.

Now I'm off to see what's up with all of you before I eat my breakfast and hop on the treadmill.

Katpo
07-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Maybe you can take a nap later, Vickie. I am fortunate to get 5-6 hours and must be used to it by now.

Happy treadmilling! I'm off to a different computer across the room for a while.

aghiowa
07-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Vickie, I'm with you on the up and down thing. It's frustrating, but no matter what I do, the scale stays the same. I also think mine is hormonal...

I think I literally have 1 week per month that I can actually lose, and the rest, I'm just building up fluid. Blah.

My girls have gotten the idea in their heads that they want to go camping. So, some night soon, we'll probably head out to a state park around here and try to spend the night. We'll see how it goes. :lol: I imagine once we're done with s'mores and trying to fall asleep, they'll want to go home, but I could be surprised.

Later,
Angela

Vickie
07-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Sandra, I think you and Curtis do a lot of work! I run around more than I used to. My job was primarily sitting at a desk and working with my brain. I'm much more active now than I used to be.

Frouf, I think a litre is about the size of a quart which is 32 ounces. There are 4 quarts in a gallon. So, if that's true, then you are paying almost $4.00 a gallon! Yikes....but then I failed metrics so maybe my comparison is wrong. More importantly, Congratulations on your spectacular loss for the month. That's just wonderful progress. I think you should keep planning cruises every 2 or 3 months for motivation. I say go with whatever works! I hope you didn't eat too much pizza. Jim and I love Millionaire. We tape it ever day and play along. Jim is WAY better than me. I'm always threatening to put him on the show. I wouldn't mind a paltry $50,0000.00!

Melissa, I'm a control freak so I could never take a cruise. I'm concerned about not being able to get off and about not seeing land. Nuts! I'm glad Aaron got an apology but I'm thinking that there's still more that needs to happen. I hope it all works out for him and you.

Saundra, that's amazing about your loss! You need to learn how to treat yourself just a bit. I'm sure maintenance is every bit as hard to handle as losing. I'm ashamed of myself when I hear that you are still losing and here I am with 125 pounds to go and I'm plateaued. Makes me even wonder about myself!

Kath, you had a long day yesterday. What new? I'm sorry you can't get more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep. I still don't know how you function. That just stinks. I still reserve the right to whine about it when it happens to me though! I wouldn't want more than one doggy at a time. As it is now, our social outings are restricted by having Cassie. But I hope you get your new pup if having her will bring you guys some joy!

Well, it's time for breakfast and then exercise. The treadmill worked a little better yesterday. I used the wax stick they gave me on the belt before I walked. I'll call Horizon if I need to. They've been wonderful and I'd buy another one of their machines in a hearbeat. The motor is under warranty for 10 years. I think we bought it in 2000 and have put quite a few miles on it between Jim and I.

Vickie
07-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Angela, I guess you DO understand! I wouldn't camp unless someone paid me a million dollars but I sure understand the appeal for kids. Maybe they'll surprise you!

Katpo
07-13-2006, 09:55 AM
We LOVE camping! Angela, I hope they enjoy it and last thru the night. Unfortunately, we have to travel in order to get to weather that's suitable for sleeping outdoors in. We have a very cool tent and all the cooking stuff, like the little butane stove and dishes and camp chairs. Now I want to go! Maybe we should take all our stuff to Colorado because Judd's sister and her family, the ones who live in Montana, are thorough outdoorsmen and camp regularly. I'll bet there would be a great place in Colorado that we could go for a night. (Making notes now ...)

I just don't know about that puppy. Zuki would be so jealous and Erin would be furious (although she'll be gone someday) that we have another pet. She already can't stand the ones we have because she's such a anal clean freak. I like a clean house too, but our animals give us so much unconditional love and are a hoot to be around ... life's too short to worry about such things and in the grand scheme of things, nobody really cares if there's hair on the floor. Oh but if they do, they don't have to come over. :lol: We actually LIVE in our house. I doubt she understands that but she isn't a true animal lover. We always said if we had the money, we'd buy a big farm and take in every unwanted animal we see. All of ours are rescues but there are PLENTY more where they came from. Too sad to think about sometimes.

I have to go heat up my breakfast. I'm having Eggbeaters that I scrambled last night and put in a little container. Stupid me forgot that I had some onions and bell peppers cut up that I could have added. Maybe I can find some salsa in the breakroom.

ontarget
07-13-2006, 11:30 AM
good morning, chickies. i'm on my way to get my hair cut. i think i'll keep it about the length/style it is now unless shauna changes my mind. i really like having some hair, but think this is long enough. (we were keeping it shaped but letting it grow out.)

vickie, it is the salt/popcorn. don't worry about it. i have gotten where i don't eat popcorn several days before i go to ww. sunday is my cutoff and i weigh on fri. congrats on treading, girl. i am proud of you. i am more active now, too. i used to be a solid couch potato. i was a teacher and did walk around my classroom monitoring, but i didn't do much exercise. now i climb trees. lol

angela, you're making me want to camp, too. i hope ya'll get to stay all night.

kathy, i love border collies. we don't have a pet because we are away from home a lot.

got to go. curtis is calling.

sauniemay
07-13-2006, 11:45 AM
A puppy sounds so sweet, but alas, now pets here either. We just love to get away too much! I'm sure the Steve and Kelly will get a dog once they get settled here (less than 3 weeks).

Sandra, when am I going to get your "activity bug". It's the one thing missing for me, and even though I enjoy the brisk walk when we do it, I find it so hard to be motivated. Gotta check out more options.:)

Vickie, good for you to do the treadmill. You don't know how you impress me gal. Keep up the good work, and the results will be there.

Angela, bet the girls will have a great time and want to sleep all night out there. Have fun.

It's going to be a very hot weekend and I'm thinking that taking Natan to a theme park is not such a good idea. Bernie is off on a Wednesday or Thursday in a couple of weeks, so it might be better and less crowded. Hmm, does that mean that we could go away????:D

Froufy
07-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Saundra - you definitely want to be near water this weekend - not in a crowded park? Glad you got the ac straightened out and can rest easier at night. I can't imagine just losing 3 lbs a month like that - without even trying!

Melissa - glad Aaron got at least an apology and hope things gets straightened out to your satisfaction. When you say he is claustrophobic - are you thinking of the cabin or the ship itself? The ship is absolutely HUGE! I can't even begin to describe it - 3 sets of elevators - front/middle/back - and about 14 stories high! As for the cabin - he would definitely need a balcony cabin - they are not claustrophobic at all - like a mid-sized hotel room? With big window, and door to your (pretty small balcony)!

And no Vickie - unless you're the captain you can't really decide when and where to stop the ship and find land just cuz you feel like it :D:D Glad you are still able to use your treadmill!

Angela - hope all of you can survive the camping! As you may have surmised us froufs do prefer 5 star hotels to camping - altho I did go to summer sleepaway camp as a child. I now find with all my grass/tree/pollen allergies it is usually not much fun to be out in the woods!

Sandra - have fun at the hairdressers - hope you get a nice 'do' - of course pics would be nice!

Kathy - hope you got your hair straightened, curled, dried, etc in whatever order is appropriate :D. I can understand the work required with a new puppy - but the one blue eye sure sounds intriguing. Hope you are able to get some rest from your very long and busy days!

Dh brought me a dozen red roses to work the other day - and it is so pretty cuz some of the petals have fallen off and I have left them scattered over my desk!

So last night was so fun with my cruising buddy - I did eat a little too much of course! We had to first celebrate with some gin and tonic (lots of lime). Then I had one big slice of pizza, about 4 chicken wings and salad. (with diet pepsi). I had a large fresh fruit platter and some tiny chocolate covered cookies for dessert - I had about 4 little cookies and some tea. Had LO salad and the fruit at work today but I did not dare bring any of the pizza as I need to get right back on track. My scale was up around 1 lb today but I'm not too worried about that now.

We did watch millionnaire - but of all nights - jeopardy was not on our local station due to our 'live' Canadian Idol show - we were very disappointed. Ended up going up to my bedroom (ya alway nice to invite friends into the upstairs of your house!) and playing my 'very authentic' computer Jeopardy game - and other computer games. Dh also had his flight simulator going on his computer so my gf got to try that to! By the time she left it was close to 11:30 pm - did not get to bed til after midnight so I am VERY TIRED today.

Today's challenge coming up - almost forgot about our work 'beach party'. The funniest was the email going around about people worrying about work colleagues seeing them in their bathing suits! We are going to a local park/beach along the river - frankly as far as I know the water is not that clean so I certainly wouldn't be swimming there anyways. I have packed my shorts and sandals tho, have my folding chairs in the trunk, and my sunscreen and sunhat too! Problem is there will be FOOD AND LOTS OF IT. Probably junk and munchies (think chips, cheesies, tacos, etc). Maybe I can find some fruit? I am bringing along my bottled water and had a nice (protein rich) lunch so should be okay. Party is from 2- 4 pm and I do have my gym gear in the car so I can go there right after 'work'!

Need to keep up the momentum!

Frouf

Vickie
07-13-2006, 01:00 PM
All my plans have changed. My GF is sick in hospital with a very serious infection. This is life threatening for her because she is awaiting bone marrow transplant and has low platelets and white blood cell counts. I'm taking Jim to PT and am off to search for a robe for her. Jim and I will be going up to see her tomorrow.

Not sure when I'll be back.

sauniemay
07-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Frouf, what beach are you going to? It's such a pitty that the aren't swimmable. Being the quick researcher, that I am (especially for getaways), I made a reservation for the Stonefence Inn in Ogdensberg. I got a rivererview room and they have a pool. We'll go Saturday morning and get two pool days for the price of one hotel night. We may go to Alexandria Bay for dinner, which is a half hour drive.

I've been accepting lots of vacation shifts for WW, so at $9.00 and hour I'll be so rich.:D How pathetic is that???

sauniemay
07-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Vickie, I'm so sorry to hear the news. Special prayers going your way.:hug:

Katpo
07-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Vickie, I'm sorry to hear about her latest setback. I hope they can get the infection under control quickly. :hug:

ontarget
07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
saundra, when you find something that's fun to do for activity, you'll be better about doing it. i really look forward to water aerobics. (i'm thinking of going twice today. not sure yet.)

frouf, the do is good, but it's not much different that it was already. i did decide not to grow it out long. i'm more a short do folk now. the beach party sounds fabulous. have fun!

vickie, i hope your friend gets better soon.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Good afternoon ladies, we had some horrendous thunderstorm around 3am, woke me up and I had a hard time falling back to sleep so I feel real tired today. I did do my exercise though, I took out walk away the pounds from the library and I did the whole mile, I think that is 40 minutes to add to my tracker for yesterday & today. Can you believe there was a tornado in Westchester county Upstate NY, kinda scary you don't think it happens in the Northeast. Accuweather predicts a very active hurricane season for the Northeast Atlantic, which is very frightening considering I live on an Island that is sitting in the Atlantic, told dh we better start getting supplies.

Vickie sorry to hear about your friend, hope she recovers soon. Don't worry about the weight change, every time I get on the scale my weight is different.

Saundra we are also suppose to have a very hot weekend, you definitely want to be near water this weekend.

Melissa glad Aaron got an apology. I can understand how he feels, I am also claustrophiobic.

Angela camping sounds like alot of fun, we have never been but we do have a a state park about 5 minutes away and will go one of these days.

Sandra glad you enjoy the water aerobics enough to go 2x, way to go, you are going to be at goal in no time. I got my hair cut a couple of months ago and I hated it , I have been wearing it up ever since, when I go visit my mom I will have her hairstylist fix it.

Kathy a new puppy is like having a baby in the house, they are alot of work but they are soo cute.

Frouf sounds like you had a good time with gf, have fun at the beach party which is probably over now. You want to laugh my ds made me go to Walmart to buy him a new pillow because his was Care Bears, was embarrassed when his friend came over even though it had a pillow case on it. They are not babies any more.

P.a I love the watp videos, I have done them 2 days in a row and really worked up a sweat.

ontarget
07-13-2006, 07:50 PM
nikki, congratulations on doing watps. i am not making it to water aerobics 2 times today afterall. but i am going once. i'm picking up my gf in a few minutes. i just got finished posting it on my sig. i normally don't post that till after the fact, but this is a "done deal" today. that's wicked weather up your way. scarey for sure. i'm sorry you don't like your hairstyle. i've had times like those, too.

Froufy
07-13-2006, 09:49 PM
I should really go to bed early right? I am so tired.....

Niki - wow what exciting weather! I too would be freaking out about having things so close to home! Laughed about the pillow - guess it's not unusual to 'drop' certain characters at a certain age? Funny thing is my dd (now 14) is again in 'love' with them - and has a talking care bear I got her from Avon! (maybe hold onto the pillow for later? ha ha ha).

Saundra - good for you! I bet you will have a fabulous time. I remember going to Ogdensburg many eons ago - some kind of weekend special at this place with waterbeds!

Vickie - I am so sorry to hear about your gf's setback - i sure hope they can nip it in the bud. Good luck finding her a lovely robe - sending good wishes your way!

So the beach party wasy okay! (Saundra - we were at Mooney's bay). Found a semi-shady spot under the trees and set up my chairs...sat with my manager - we had nice chats about our kids, travel, trivia games, gardening - we do really get along (did I ever tell you that when I told her about me and my other work colleague going on a cruise together - she said if I ever wanted to go again she would crusie with me too! - lots of cruise buddies for this frouf - told her if she found someone to share a cabin with she could certainly stll come with us!).

Anyhow - pull into the 'beach' parking lot and there is a huge sign posted by the Medical Health Officer saying water/beach is unsafe to swim in due to high bacteria count. Then about every 20 mins or so there are announcements on loudspeakers telling people not to swim due to high bacteria and swim at their own risk.

So what do we see? A few very brave souls - some adults and their kids - swimming in the water - going under, etc. I was horrified - given my background I know how dangerous coliform bacteria is - not something you want to swim in - let alone accidentally swallow? I can't understand why anyone would take the risk? I was not impressed!

Anyhow - sat around for a couple of hour - we (boss and I) declined joining in the sand castle building competition - but the results were amazing! There was a bit of badminton going on - I did blow some bubbles! :D and there was also some water shenanigans going on (people throwing these wet sponge balls at each other).....yes using contaminated beach water - not smart either (and we're all from Health Canada!).

I am very proud to report that the gum chewing strategy was a great success. I popped a piece of spearmint gum in my mouth when I got there and chewed the dickens out of it - my boss sat next to me inhaling from a bag of potato chips - but I declined. There were of course tons of munchies: chips, nacho chips/salsa, cheesies, cookies, cheese popcorn. I did check the cooler for drinks but not a single DIET soda to be found. So I chewed like mad and drank my water bottle.

Left around 4:30 and went to the GYM - even treated myself to a fresh water bottle on the way there. Did my thing - got some groceries (including a rotisserie chicken, fresh peas for dinner and a veggie/dip plate) and came home.

I am very tired - got a bit too much sun altho I was wearing sunscreen and sunhat!

Dreading tomorrow - lots of stuff to get done as my database nears a launch date - it's been so long I can hardly believe we are going live soon! We shall break out the champagne (or at least some realy fine ginger ale) when that happens!:D

We are heading for a very very hot and humid weekend - I presume we shall end up at sil's pool? (need to stock up on bbq food) altho I do have a nail appt sat at 11 am!

Nitey nite!

Frouf

septembersgoal
07-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Hey everyone, I'm so far behind. Sorry about that. Just got back from a walk with the pup. DH stayed at home to work on his shelf project. I got another 20 minutes in tonight. Not great, but it's something! I enjoyed it so much that I'm even considering getting up early to walk in the morning.

Oh, didn't tell you all...I took a pg test last night because I just couldn't wait, and of course it was negative (because otherwise you would already know). I'm not really sure what to do next. I'm on day 40 of my cycle with no TOM. I know my body is screwed up from the bc, but come on. I hope it moves on soon.

Vickie, prayers coming your way for your friend. I hope that she is getting better quickly.

Sandra, you're doing awesome with your exercise. No wonder you're losing!!

Kathy, another puppy sounds draining to me. :) Last Sunday we found a dog at the apartment complex where we held a cookout and DH wanted to bring it home. I put my foot down on that one!

Well I'm going to have some cereal and start heading to bed. Thank goodness tomorrow's Friday!!!!!

septembersgoal
07-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Wow Frouf, a big :bravo: on doing so great today! You are one determined woman!

Katpo
07-13-2006, 10:22 PM
I have decided my foot is going down too. No new puppy ... and he will have to deal with it. He had better not push me on this, otherwise I hope he and his new puppy are very happy at whatever home they decide to live in.

aghiowa
07-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Congrats Frouf, on the amazing NSV! :woo: And Kathy, I think you made the right dog decision. You have got waaaay too much on your plate to add another responsibility.

Well, it's 5:30 and I'm up. My oldest dd woke me up at 5 with yet another nosebleed. Then, after I got her all fixed up and settled down again, I was so wired up and hungry, I couldn't sleep. That and my wonderful dh snores in the morning. Grrr. So, here I am.

I'm wondering if the heat/humidity here is affecting my weight. It's nasty hot and so very muggy. Anyway, I did have 1 small piece of cheese pizza yesterday, but I don't think that's too bad.

Angela

Vickie
07-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Melissa, check out this wok kind of pan for the outdoor grill. I thought of you when I saw your post in the menu thread about buying a grill. I've been wanting to buy one of these pans for a while. It would be great for cut up veggies on the grill. They could still get the grill flavor without all the aggravation. http://tinyurl.com/m3p34

If that doesn't take you directly to the item, the item number is K5510. It's very cool; nonstick with holes all around it for the veggies to get good and grilled.

nurseinnc
07-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Good morning everyone. I didn't have time to post yesterday. I had the truck loaded and on the way to the new house by 7:30 and we stopped at about 8 last night. I am very sore this morning. I am already to do it again today. My daughter and her boyfriend are coming to help us today. I have a hugh, heavy bedroom set and a 54" TV that Craig and I just can't move by ourselves. After that, we will have most of the furniture moved and then we will be down to the rest of the boxes and cleaning. Guess I better go eat and get busy. Have a great day everyone.

Vickie
07-14-2006, 07:24 AM
A HUGE thunderstorm passed through her at 4:45. My heart was pounding so hard that I couldn't go back to sleep. I've been up surfing since 5:30. It was one of those storms that was so close that there was no time between the lightening and the thunder. Lordy, there's a lot of water in the pool too. So now this morning, we'll be learning how to let water out using our new pump that was just installed yesterday. Sigh. We can't spend too much time on it though because I have to go get ready to see my GF.

I asked her what she needed and she said a new robe. She was afraid to send her husband or Mother. I told her I'd go and I did get her a really pretty one. She wanted function and coverage. She didn't want a pretty set or anything. I thought I wouldn't be able to find anything good but I'm really happy with my purchase. I was sure she'd try to pay me so I had it wrapped so there'd be no doubt that this is a gift! She also asked me for some steamy romance novels. Also not the kind of thing you can send your Mom or husband for. Actually, I could send Jim and he'd get me some good ones! ;) Fortunately for her, I always have a bag full waiting for a garage sale!

Jim just got up so I have to go help with the animals and stuff. I'll be back in a few minutes with my coffee to see what all of you were up to.

Vickie
07-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Hey, I'm back!

Saundra, it seems we'll be really hot here for the next 7 days. Always makes me really happy that I have a pool then. I'm betting that I won't need the solar cover for a couple of days after this next weekend. Hey, $9.00 an hour for a retirement job for pin money where you can control the hours sounds great to me! Your impromptu trip sounds delightful. Good for you.

Frouf, I'm glad DH seems likes he's trying a little harder in the romance department. Roses are nice any old time! I am SO impressed with your behavior at the beach party! Good for you. I hope you are tremendously rewarded at the scale.

Melissa, what is bc? I hope your TOM arrives soon. I can certainly understand how you feel. I feel as if I'm perpetually in PMS. Poor Jim, huh?! If you don't get it by the next time it is due, I would definitely go see your Doctor. At your age, there is only one good reason to miss a cycle.

Sandra, I'm glad you're happy about your new hairdo. We must be happy with our hair or there is heck to pay!

Niki, congratulations on the exercise! It was very smart to get them from the library to be sure that you like them. I couldn't live where you live. I'm way too afraid of storms/tornadoes/hurricanes! I hope they are wrong with their predictions.

Angela, we must have been posting at the same time. My weight is still up this morning too and we have the same heat and humidity. I guess I'm going to try not to worry about it since I am in this for the long haul. Even so, we'd like to see some progress, wouldn't we? Do you know why DD is having nosebleeds? I hope it's nothing serious. One piece of cheese pizza is not bad. The problem with pizza is that most people cannot stop at one slice. Good for you!

Good Luck, Paula! You sound so tired. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Well, I should go wash my blueberries and think about getting on the treadmill. I really need to get the scale moving downward. I'm sure that I won't be back on until much later tonight.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Good morning Vickie, I also hope they are wrong with their predictions, we usually don't have any sort of wild weather, last Hurricane was in 1985 and I never heard of a Tornado in NY. Worst of our storms are snow storms.

That was sweet of you to get your gf a robe, that should surely lift her spirits.

I will be back to catch up! DD is calling me.

Vickie
07-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Ugh...Jim's medical bills are starting to roll in. Over $20,000.00 so far for his shoulder surgery. We are waiting to see how much insurance will pay. Now I'm going to eat. Look out!

aghiowa
07-14-2006, 08:36 AM
I think dd is having nosebleeds because of allergies. Her nose gets itchy and dry, and she irritates it often, I'm sure. The doctor also agree with me, and suggested a saline nose spray. I may do that and give her some right before bed each night. Sheesh, my family and nose problems! :lol:

I'm off to shower, later ladies.
Angela

Vickie
07-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Angela, I use saline solution regularly and it helps me breathe much better. My BIL has used it since I recommended it to him. The brand name is Ocean but Walgreens and all the drugstores market their own brand name and they work just the same. Walgreens often has BOGO free. It doesn't burn like nasal sprays. I didn't like the Osco brand because it ran down the back of my throat. Walgreens brand and the Ocean are great.

Katpo
07-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Angela, I know it's very humid there but sometimes dry air can cause them too. Do you have a dehumidifier in the house? It could be drawing out the moisture that she needs. Just a thought.

I'm about to leave for work. I had to wait on Shaun this morninng because he's supposed to be at the Navy office at 8:30. So far, I hear no walking around up there and he had BETTER BE GETTING READY!

We're expecting another scorcher today -- probably 102 again or maybe a bit higher. It did cool down to around 80 last night though, so sitting on the porch this morning wasn't too bad. In the afternoon though, ugh ... it's all I can do not to cry. I SO want to live somewhere else for a while so I can have some different weather. How about Hawaii? ;)

Vickie, enjoy your visit today. I know she'll appreciate the thought you put into choosing the right robe, and wrapping it was a great idea. What's up with those steamy romance novels though? She sure doesn't need an elevated blood pressure and rapid heartbeat to go along with her other problems right now!!! :lol:

I think Melissa was talking about birth control when she said bc. I agree that she should go to the doctor if TOM doesn't arrive soon. Okay, Melissa? Are you listening? Vickie and Kathy say go get checked out.

I have one of those vegetable pans for the grill but it's square and I really like it. I have another that's flat but the sides curve up just a bit so things don't scoot off the edge. It's great for shrimp or fish, or even veggies too. Melissa, don't forget in all your grilling that if you put vegetables in foil packets on the grill, add an ice cube or too so they stay moist. And enjoy Aaron doing the cooking for a while! That's the best part of grilling, IMO. (Of course, I usually end up doing about half of the grilling so ...)

I hear movement so I'd better go. Be back on when I get to work! Happy day to all.

sauniemay
07-14-2006, 09:33 AM
I do the grilling in this house. It will be nice when Steve moves to town, cause he is a barbeque gourmet chef!

Frouf, you did fantastic yesterday. The cruise is just the motivation that you needed! Isn't it disgusting about our beaches? Bernie and I "courted" at Mooney's Bay in the summer of '63 and he got repremanded for having his arm around me while lying on the beach. Times sure have changed.:D Oh,there aren't any water beds where we're going.;)

Kathy, what a hot day! It must be so oppressive just to breathe. I'm really glad that we'll be away at a pool.

Vickie, I know that your gf will be delighted to visit with you and Jim. I'm sure that she'll light up when she sees your wrapped box and bet that you'll cheer her up. I do hope that she's improving.

Niki, hope the weather is improving. I can imagine how frightening it is for you. Why is there always a down side to living in a wonderful area? I founds some Surf linens that had belonged to Adam (31) and gave them to Brayden (2) for his new bed.

Melissa, ditto, it's soon time to get ye to the doctor. The pill can screw up your system a bit, but better to check it out. Hey girl, it's Friday.:carrot:

Sandra, I'm going to the community centre later this morning to see what they have to offer. Bernie and I went for a nice walk last night. Now, with him not jogging, I have a partner.:) Glad your hair is to your liking. With this heat, I'm better off letting mine go "au naturel" and let the curl take over.

Angela, some kids just tend to get nose bleeds. I'm sure the doc will have an easy resolution. I also thought that the dryness was a contributor.

Paula, looks like the count down for you. Soon you'll be unpacking all those boxes.:)

Guess I better get something to eat. Have a great day ladies....

Froufy
07-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Well it's gonna be a hot one - already pretty steamy out there. And of course there are pending power/electricity issues - so much so that the overhead lights in my office have been turned off - and not by me!!! So I do have some natural light coming in as I have a wall of glass in my (interior) office - and 2 desk lamps - but it sure makes for a very subdued atmosphere. Dreading this afternoon as I will be spending it with our computer geeks - playing around with the database and trying to find all the glitches so they can be fixed before we go live! UGH!!

Angela - I think the saline solution is definitely worth a try! Good luck..

Vickie - do hope you can fix pool water level and enjoy it during the heat wave! Sounds like you got the perfect gifts for your gf and I know she will appreciate it - when will they know if she's okay and can go home??? I would think you might need to take a nap later after being up so early!!!

Kathy - well if you want different weather - come visit - probably november/december - lots of nice 'cool' different weather for you :D. We are also going to be experiencing extreme heat - told dh to call his mom (in her non air-condition apt) and make sure she get to her daughters/my sil or our place or a mall to cool off!

Melissa - it may take a while to get your periods after being on the pill. Found these for you:

1. Birth control pills may cause a longer delay before pregnancy occurs than does a diaphragm or an intrauterine device (IUD).2 After stopping birth control pills, your menstrual cycle usually will be similar to what it was before taking the pills. You may ovulate and become pregnant in the first cycle after stopping birth control pills, or it may take a few months to become pregnant.

2. Stopping oral contraceptives gives rise to an occasional slow return to ovulation. The vast majority of women will have their fertility return within six weeks of stopping birth control pills. Other methods of contraception, such as the Depo-Provera shot, can have a rather prolonged period of time after its discontinuance until fertility returns.

3. Women who are planning pregnancy should stop taking birth control a month before they are planning to try to get pregnant. When stopping the pill, you may have irregular periods for a while and this can make it hard to tell when you are fertile or ovulating. It might take longer to become pregnant, but the pill has no impact on fertility. The use of birth control pills before you get pregnant does not cause birth defects, no matter how close you use them to the time you get pregnant.

4. Member question: How long after stopping birth control pills should AF be normal? Or is it going to be? It's been 10 months and I'm still irregular.
Grunebaum: It can take two to three months after stopping BCP for ovulation to return. If it hasn't returned three to four months after stopping BCP then you should see your doctor and find out what's going on. Having an irregular AF usually means problems with ovulation. So starting fertility charting helps you quickly identify a problem.

Hope that helps! Of course you could also call your dr and ask - but I think it may take up to 3 or 4 months before things are back to normal - assuming you don't get pregnant before that!

Saundra - I don't know why I even bother with my hair - blow drying it - cuz as soon as I walk out the door - it's as if it never happened! I think I shall also just let it 'go' this weekend. Bought some of the root touchup stuff so I shall do that this weekend - a bit of gray coming thru and I don't really want to go back to hairdresser quite yet!

Sandra - how was your water aerobics class? It's so nice to find an exercise you really enjoy and are committed to!

Scale reading 212 (instead of 211.2) of the other day but I shall not freak out quite yet! Tomorrow I plan to have my weight and measurements done at my gym - hopefully will have some good results?

Time for my 2nd cup of coffee!

Later,

Frouf

Vickie
07-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Well we got the water out of the pool (well not all of it anyway!) and I'm now ready to go on the treadmill. Once off, I'll shower and then we'll go for an early lunch. I've never been to Loyola hospital before but I know it is renowned and large. I'm kind of dreading seeing her there but that's what friends are for. She's says the skin infection (cellulitus? or something like that) is quite bad. I think it's worse for her because of her pre-leukemia blood levels and having just come off a round of chemo. If they can't get the IV antibiotics to work then they need to figure out if it's safe to drain then with her levels the way they are. I was really hoping she'd have my healing angel by now. That would have made her feel good too.

Off to the treadmill. I'm ashamed to even whine about it. I'm thankful that the fat is all that is wrong with me as far as I know.

p.a.
07-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Afternoon chickies,
Im so glad you like the dvds Nikki! Its funny your 1 mile one took 40mins the 2 mile Walk Strong one takes 30? Must be the intensity level?? Im glad your enjoying them though....I find them very low impact too.
Hope your friend feels better soon Vickie,,,I bet she loves the new robe., your so thoughtful!
Have fun this weekend Saundra,
Frouf way to go on the nsv yesterday..that must have been hard and then to go to the gym afterwards..wahoo. Your doing so great
Angela one pc of pizza? I dont think I could do that...good going
Hope your move goes well Paula,,,
Off to the pool for a swim here..its way too hot for me.
Have a great weekend everyone!

ontarget
07-14-2006, 02:02 PM
frouf, congratulations on making healthy choices at the beach both with food and swimming. i am shocked those folks ignored the warning. i hope they're all right. i do love the water aerobics. each day i have a different instructor who does things a little differently. i love it!! don't worry about those scales. they will come on down. you're doing magnificently!!

melissa, i know you're disappointed that the test was negative. you'll be surprised some day soon with a positive one. i'm excited for both of you. now keep trying. :lol: i'm glad you took murph out for a walk. twenty minutes is good. you're right. my exercising is helping me a lot. i'm going this afternoon to another class and maybe one in the am. today makes 4 times this week. i am going to try to go as many times per week as i can.

angela, that pizza may have had a lot of sodium in it. your weight will go back down. i hope dd's all right.

hi, paula. i'm glad you could pop in. don't work too hard.

vickie, your friend is going to be so happy to see your smiling face. that will be a good dose of medicine for her and probably for you, too. you'll feel very good for having visited. those scales are going to start plunging soon for you. you're back into your groove again. makes me smile.

we're having a lot of med bills coming in, too, though not as high as jim's. it's panicky, isn't it?

melissa, i am going to post the tortilla-crusted tilapia recipe. i'll also post it in recipes in a sec. i'm cooking it either tonight or tomorrow. those tgif commercials have making me drool for this. i hope it's good.

tortilla crusted tilapia

i don't know about ya'll but those tgif commercials advertising tortilla crusted tilapia have been driving me crazy. i googled today and found this recipe. it's almost core. you'd just have to count pts for the tortillas.

6 corn tortillas torn into pieces
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 egg beaten

1. preheat oven to 375*. coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. place tortilla pieces, pepper, lime juice, cilantro and spices in blender. pulse until the mixture is uniform small crumbs. spread on plate.
3. beat egg in shallow dish
4. dip each fillet in egg, then in crumbs, patting crumbs to adhere. place on baking sheet
5. bake until fish flakes about 15 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.

makes 4 servings.

i got this recipe at http:/www.recipezaar.com

kathy, i'm glad you're not getting another dog. that's a good decision. the ones you have now would be very jealous plus you already have a lot to do. at ww this am the leader talked about setting goals. she said they should be something that will be easy to maintain. she said she first set her goal very very low and found she could not live her lifestyle at that weight. she said our goals need to fit us and our lifestyles. does that make sense?

saundra, i hope you find what you're looking for at the centre. having fun is very important. we laughed a lot last night. my friend and i each wound up in the deep end at different times. it was a hoot!

nikki, how's your day going?

patti, have fun at the pool. do you swim or float? i used to just float and read a paperback.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi p.a, the 40 minutes was for the 2 days combined, the 1 mile is about 20 minutes, I have yet to try the 2 mile, maybe by next week.

Katpo
07-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Finally home from work and I am just totally worn down. My mom called though, and said my uncle (her brother) is dying. He lives in Beaumont, which is about a 5 hour drive from her. She started crying and said she wished I could go. I told her no way could I take off since I'd be off all the next week, but then I called her back and said maybe I could go tomorrow. UGH -- 10 hours in the car for a 2 hour visit does NOT sound reasonable. Now I'm not so sure anyway, because if I can get Judd to go and open up for me at work tomorrow, I'll go in. I must get my project done by Friday, no matter what. I'm at least 2 weeks away from finishing, so that means either 12-14 hour days next week, or working this weekend, or not finishing. Hmmm...

It is hot hot hot here. Right now it's only at 98 but will be going to 102-103 later. I'm honestly about to collapse.

And so ... I will sit for a while, then see what needs to be done just in case I have to be gone tomorrow. I just cleaned the master bathroom and the dishwasher is going, but I should vacuum, dust, do a few loads of laundry and water all inside plants. Since I have more than 20 inside, it takes a while.

Yikes.

septembersgoal
07-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and ideas. And thanks Frouf for all of that info! The gals I've been reading and chatting with on a pregnancy board seem to think it's no big deal...one lady there said her first cycle off bc lasted 53 days. :eek: Looks like I'm getting there too, unfortunately.

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. You have a heck of a lot going on right now (what's new, right?). I hope that your schedule allows you to do everything you want/need to do.

We went to buy a grill and they didn't have the one we wanted. So we got supper and a movie instead. ;) Now it's storming so no walking tonight, unfortunately. Hopefully I'll get lots of exercise in tomorrow. I'm going to be painting and sanding shelves/molding and a bookcase to help out DH with the shelves. Also, we found out some friends of ours from NC are coming to visit in a couple of weeks, so I want to get things a little more organized around here. Our "spare" room (with no bed) is chock full of stuff, just lying around everywhere. I don't know if they're going to camp out (literally) here but I want to clean it just in case. They're boys but still. ;)
I hope that you all have a great night. I'll try to catch up more tomorrow.

septembersgoal
07-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Oh Sandra, thanks for sharing the recipe. I knew that I had seen that on a commercial but I couldn't remember for what restaurant. It sounds really good. DH is very leary of fish but I think he might like something like that.

Vickie, thanks for showing me the pan. After looking at it I actually found one at Home Depot tonight. It was even about the same price. They had lots of neat pans etc. for the grill that would be really handy. I hope that you enjoyed visiting with your friend today. I'm sure she appreciated it very much.

Angela, I hope that the bleeding has stopped at your house. :)

Saundra, sorry if I missed it, but have your kids moved back yet? Or is it just really soon?

Niki, I'm glad that you are enjoying WATP. I used to do them a lot but have gotten out of the habit since all of the moving excitement. I need to get back into it. It's really great exercise.

Well looks like I got somewhat caught up tonight. Waiting on DH so we can watch another movie. We just watched "Failure to Launch." It was cute but not great. Man that Sarah Jessica Parker is one skinny chick!!!

ontarget
07-14-2006, 08:51 PM
kathy, i'm sorry about your uncle. you are really under a lot of pressure right now. do you think you could telephone to check on him and not drive down? that's a long long trip for a short stay.

melissa, i'm glad you have met some friends on a pregnancy board. did i tell you they have prenatal water aerobics classes at the club? those ladies are gorgeous in their swimsuits. i am serious. i think it's wonderful that they are in those classes. wish i'd had one when i was pg.

i'm not making the fish tonight. it's too hot to cook. the fish is in the freezer. i'll cook it when i can.

Katpo
07-14-2006, 09:49 PM
My mom called a little while ago and they had to leave right then. They were originally going to go in the morning (sidebar: parents live in Tyler and uncle is in Beaumont, which is 3-4 hours away from there) but were told that they needed to go immediately. I'm waiting to hear back from her. I am not going to be able to go, because I might go to the doctor in the morning.

So what do you think about this? I was walking thru the living room a little while ago and nearly fainted. I caught myself, then went and laid down on the bed. Now I have a huge raging headache that won't go away. My clinic has some emergency hours on Saturday morning so if I still feel bad, I'll go. Of course Judd, Mr. Sensitivity, said if I'm getting sick I need to get it taken care of now so I don't ruin the vacation. Uh, yeah. Thanks for the concern.

I think I'll go see if I can find something else to take.

septembersgoal
07-14-2006, 10:04 PM
KATHY!! What would you tell me if I said that??? I say you probably ought to go to the doctor...unless you haven't eaten anything today, and that would explain it. Have you eaten???

ontarget
07-14-2006, 10:13 PM
could you be dehydrated? have you been out in that heat?

septembersgoal
07-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Ooh, that's a good one! Good thinking Sandra.

Katpo
07-14-2006, 10:52 PM
No heat to speak of -- well, not directly out in it. I've had 3 bottles of water today, plus an extra glass. I had chicken, grapes and something else for lunch (memory is gone, I guess). We had Mexican food for dinner. I started feeling bad after that. I'm wondering if my blood pressure medicine needs to be adjusted. It almost seems like either my blood sugar or blood pressure just bottomed out.

I guess we'll see how it is in the morning. I still don't feel well.

septembersgoal
07-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Kathy please be careful! Maybe something is screwy with your meds.

Froufy
07-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Okay kathy - definitely a visit to the dr in the morning is in order if you don't feel any better - DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200 - GO DIRECLTY TO DR'S OFFICE - not good to be fainting - luckily you were able to catch yourself and did not get hurt.!

I am also so very sorry to hear about your uncle - your mom must be so upset - and understandably so - but it's obvious you can't be with her - and she must know you are with her in spirit at this very difficult time!

Vickie - how was your visit with your gr? Hope she is doing okay and was happy with the lovely presents you got her!

Niki - glad you like the tape - I just realized I have one of the (easy?) WATP somewhere downstairs? I think I like it cuz it's like a 20 min one and good when you want to do at least a little something.

Melissa - good luck with your 'chores' tomorrow - I'm sure you'll get some good activity points despite not having your walk tonight!

So how's the database coming along Froufie? Well I'm glad you asked - IT'S PURE AND UTTER GARBAGE - I can't understand how a consultant could let this product leave their place and actually give it to us to 'play' with! Obviously NO QUALITY ASSURANCE going on at that place. My staff member was fooling around with it - and reported back to me and there are so many glitches and problems that we are fed up.

So when the head consultant showed up this pm well I just told him how I felt - no more mrs nice guy - I said the next thing we get BETTER BE WORKING - AND GUESS WHAT YOUR PEOPLE ARE DOING THE QA - WE HAVE ALREADY WASTED 2 DAYS ON THIS - AND ARE NOT IMPRESSED. We expect to be given a final ALMOST PERFECT product that works! So computer developer will be in on Monday - as will consultant and we are to get a status report by end of day ....harumphhfffff!

That and finding out that a very expensive report we had done that cost around $20K was not really necessary really made my day!

Off to the gym after work - a bit of a feeding frenzy when I got home and had to even munch on popcorn as I was still in an eating mood. Hope all that salt does not affect me too badly - drank lots of water today tho!

LAUGH OF THE DAY!:
Dh went to pick up our new patio set at sears (even took the seats out of the van!). So it's 9 pm - warm and balmy night and he and I are in the driveway unloading the van and getting the stuff into the garage (patio not ready yet)...anyhow - I notice lots of those pesky mosquitoes buzzing around and I am trying to swat them away with one hand - and remove bubble wrap from chairs with the other. I feel several bites of course - give up and go in the house.

Now where was the frouf bitten you might ask! Well on her juicy bum of course! I have 3 HUMONGOUS BITES ON MY BEHIND - and they are itching like crazy - dh volunteered to spray some anti-itch stuff on them (well gee thanks!)....and I am just hoping I can sleep tonight. ....and there are a couple on my arm as well - guess I looked like a pretty good meal to those hungry mosquitoes!

Off to the gym in the morning (have to get weighed and measured) and nail appt at 11 am!

Nitey night

Frouf

Losingitin06
07-15-2006, 07:28 AM
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting in the chat thread :)

I have my nephew's first birthday party today at 11:30 , then i have to go set up for my sister in law's stag and doe that is tonight.. so i have a full day today!
Hoping to sneak some alone time with my hubby.. i get to see him for maybe an hour a day since he's been put on afternoon shift at work. I am in school from 8:30-1.. mon-friday.. i leave home at 7:30 and am home just in time to drive him to work.. and when he get's home i'm fast asleep. It really sucks!

I'm really hoping there is some healthy foods to eat at the party (parties!).. i know that my brother is having BBQ.. so i'll do my best to be good!

hope you all have a fantastic day!

Jenn

sauniemay
07-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi Jenn,:welcome: You'll like it here.

Kathy, so sorry about your uncle. I do hope that you get to doctor today, and that all is well. You push yourself so hard.

Sandra, looks like we're all getting the heat now. It's going to be cloudy all day, but sunny tomorrow. We're going to be leaving for our "overnight" trip soon.

Melissa, sounds like everything is understood now. Our cycles go a little hairy when we play with nature. It's only a matter of time. My kids get their house August 1st. The only fly in the oinment is they haven't sold their's yet. I think they are going to rent it out on a monthly basis to a coleague who will keep it up and show it for them. They are going to leave most of their furniture there, and live as Steve says "bare bones" here for a while.

Frouf, when I hear your work stories, and know why I am so content away from the office. I used to bring my stresses home and it drove me crazy. Hope you enjoy sil's pool this weekend.

Vickie, how did yesterday go? Hope you find time to relax today.

Time to see what I want to wear tonight. If the weather is stinky, we'll go to the mall in Watertown.....

Katpo
07-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Good morning. I just talked to my mom and she said he's still hanging in there but it sounds like every breath his last one. He's to that "gasping" point. They sent him home (home being a nursing home as of last weekend) from the hospital and said there's no need to be there. There is a lot of family down there since all other aunts, uncles, and cousins live there. His wife died about five years ago and he has one child who is 40 but has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, and lives in an assisted living place. I'm not sure what all is going to happen; two of my cousins have been handling his accounts and paperwork when needed. Thanks for all the good wishes.

I thought I felt a little better this morning, but my headache is back. No, make that my headacheS are back, one being 6 feet tall and annoying as all get-out. I felt so much better when he was gone; now this morning he has done nothing but yell at me and be rude. I'm about to tell him to jump in the lake. Now won't 11 hours in the truck next weekend be a real hoot? He'd better unbunch his panties PDQ and start being nice.

Welcome, Jenn! I hope you have a great day today and that the food doesn't present much of a problem. BBQ seems to be one of the things I don't overeat on; it would be a perfect thing to keep me on the straight and narrow. Have fun tonight too.

Saundra, are you out of town right now? Enjoy your time away if so. I hope the kids sell their other house soon though. I didn't know it wasn't sold yet! Yikes, how scary that could be -- but thankfully it looks like they have a plan.

Frouf, I just had to laugh out loud at the mosquitos stinging you on the tushie! Your account of it was just hilarious and the whole time I was picturing it. Now you know you'll be scratching there for a few days -- which could lead to some interesting (and uncomfortable?) moments at the office next week! :lol: Good luck with the database issues too.

Vickie, how's your gf doing? I hope much better; hopefully the antibiotics and other things are kicking in by now. How soon before another chemo treatment?

I guess I should go try to do a few things. Judd was thinking I wanted to go into work early this morning and so I think that was one thing that ticked him off, when I said I wasn't ready to go. Actually he was sitting in the truck waiting for me.

Barking dogs -- better go check on things.

MrsQue
07-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Hope you don't mind a newbie joining :)

I'm starting the core plan today, and so far so good! (Fruit for breakfast! :lol: )

Vickie
07-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi Chicks! Yesterday was a horrible strain. GF is NOT doing well. They don't know what to do for her. I'm about to call her now. Yesterday was hard. I succumbed to stress eating when I got home. Cheese pizza was the best I could be. I'm on the phone with GF now. I've got a million things to do today. I'll try to be back later. Light and love to you all. Thanks for all the prayers.

nurseinnc
07-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone, we got a lot moved yesterday in the pouring rain. Everytime we were ready for another load it would start raining. Nothing was damaged though. I don't have much furniture left to move but a ton of boxes and I still have some packing to do. We both have to work tonight and tomorrow night so I won't get much done until Monday afternoon.
:welcome2: to Jenn and MrsQue, you will enjoy it here. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
I better go find some lunch and maybe pack a few boxes for a little while. I plan on just doing nothing for a couple of hours before I have to go to work.
I may not be able to post again until Monday depending on how tired I am after work tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone.

ontarget
07-15-2006, 12:54 PM
i got up and went to water aerobics this am. that makes 5 times this week. it's soooo addicting. there are no classes tomorrow. they do have a yoga class. i may try it if it looks like i can fit it in since it's right after lunch. i'm not sure i can swing it. we'll see.

there's a children's only archery tournament at the club range this afternoon. we're going over with our tent awning so they can use it for the registration area. also, curtis is taking extra arrows for the kiddos.

frouf, sorry about the bum bites. i hope you're not scratching in public. well, i know you're not. you must be liking the gym as much as i'm liking water aerobics. i think we found our exercise that's perfect for us, don't you?

jenn, i'm glad you decided to post here. what is a stagg and doe party? i've never heard of it.

saundra, it's hot here again. it sounds like you and bernie have a fun trip planned. do you live close to watertown?

kathy, take that 6 ft headache down a notch or two. i know you can do it.

welcome, mrsq. it's good to have you here. i had a banana for bfast this am. what fruit did you have?

vickie, i was worrying about you and your gf. i am so glad you're able to be with her.

paula, i hope the rain stops and you can finish moving. i know you're ready to be settling in your new home.

ontarget
07-15-2006, 01:48 PM
just had the tortilla-crusted tilapia for lunch. it was delicious!! i nuked a little spreadable apricot fruit in water and drizzled it over the top. curtis loved it. i highly recommend it.

Froufy
07-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Kathy - hope BOTH your headaches are under control by now! Glad to hear your uncles is surrounded by family and friends tho it must be difficult for all!

Vickie - I sure hope they can do something to help your gf. I am so sure your visit and support are a godsend. Don't worry about the stress eating too much - it is certainly understandable. Just make sure you get your healthy fruits and veggies in as well!

Welcome Jenn and Mrs Que - hope you like it here. Go check out the Coreporate Profile board and let us know all about you too! Jenn - good luck with your 'events' today - I'm sure you can find something that would be okay to eat! Have fun.

Sandra - go ahead and try the yoga - you never know - you might like it too!

Saundra - hope you missed the rain and are enjoying yourself at your weekend destination.

I almost slept in this morning (9:20) then decided I should go to the gym before my manicure (11 am) - needed to get weighed/meausre - and work out too of course!

I am very proud to report that I am officially down 9 lbs and lost 11 inches! Isn't that amazing? (okay probably some room for error in measuring). Body fat down 5% as well. I am very pleased with my results and hope to continue this downward trend!

And yes kathy - my bitten bum was fine until I started exercising - then the itching began but I dared not scratch - what would the other ladies think? ha ha ha :D. Maybe time for dh to do some more spraying? LOL

My nails are now a lovely deep pink color - but the problem is I did let myself get too hungry (should have brought a snack for between gym and manicure), got groceries on the way home - and then had to inhale food quickly (some veggies/dip, 2 slices dark rye, and a lf lean cuisine microwave pizza). Now I am full and happy!

We were planning to go out to the garden centre soon but it is now POURING BUCKETS - it has been supremely hot and humid all day - gray - but you sure wouldn't want to be outside now! At least the plants are getting watered! (more like drowned).

Might go have a nap given the gloomy weather and time running out to really do anything? Not sure if we will even make it to sil's pool this weekend as dh has a gig tomorrow afternoon around 4 pm!

Will check in later!

Frouf

Katpo
07-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Please send rain. I'm melting.

I'm at work for the next few hours and should be busy doing THAT instead of THIS. It was a horrible morning; I'll tell you about it later.

ontarget
07-15-2006, 03:17 PM
frouf, congratulations on your new you. i am so happy for you. now about that scratching. (thought i had a suggestion but i drew a blank.)

ontarget
07-15-2006, 03:20 PM
kathy, i hope everything's all right. i'm here for you if you need me.

septembersgoal
07-15-2006, 03:55 PM
I have read this morning but forgot that I hadn't actually posted. :lol: Now how's THAT for a lucy moment, Sandra?!

Kathy, I hope everything's okay.

Vickie, I'm so sorry about your gf. I hope that things are improving for her today.

Frouf, sounds like you've had a productive day. Time for a nap. :)

Sandra, your lunch sounds delightful! I'm going to have to try that.

Paula, good luck getting everything done.

Sorry to be so quick. We are going to a Sunday School potluck picnic tonight (and it is oppresively hot today) of all salads and desserts. Doesn't that sound like a diet disaster? Not even any meat to rely on. I'm sure all meat will be covered with mayo or some other high fat liquid. :p That sounded gross. Anyway, I'm hoping to pick and then eat something a little more substantial afterwards. :?: I have to run to the grocery, pick up some items to make my salad and then get going. I hope that you all have a great night.

Katpo
07-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Melissa, hopefully someone will think to bring a regular tossed green salad.

The morning. UGH! Shaun had a meeting this morning. He went out last night (I didn't even know when he left) and so when I found he was gone, I called him up at that bar he hangs out at sometimes. I asked what time the meeting was and he said 10:00 this morning, and that he was being picked up. At 9:15 the phone rings and it's his recruiter, who is very unhappy. Seems as though he was supposed to be there right then, and the guy didn't know about picking him up. So I told him to GET READY IMMEDIATELY and I went out to wait in the truck. And waited and waited. Came back in and said LET'S GO and went back to the truck to wait. And waited and waited and fumed and fumed. I went back in the house and yelled for him again, then went back. Then I started honking. He came out and was furious, but not any more furious than *I* was! We yelled at each other the whole way there. What an IDIOT!

Well, Erin went to work today and Judd and I went to work. We left work around 4:00 and got home around 4:30, about the same time that Erin was getting home from work. And there was Shaun on the front porch. He had forgotten his key. :lol: Whatever, dude! Plan ahead next time ... don't go out the night before a meeting ... get your crap together and arrangements made and grow the **** up! Oh and he had been here since around 1:00, locked out for 3-1/2 hours. Again I said ... too bad, so sad. He hasn't said a word since we all got home and that's f-i-n-e with me. I have nothing to say anyway, at least nothing he'd be interested in hearing, that is.

And my uncle died around 3:30 today. I won't be able to go to the funeral because I just can't take a day off work this week. I must get my project done without fail by Friday and that'll mean working longer hours this week than I did last week. Anyway, they'll just have to understand. Plus it's 5 hours one way.

I'll be back in a while.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Kathy, I am sorry to hear about your Uncle, best wishes to you & your family.

Froufy
07-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Kathy - my deepest condolences to you and your family - I'm sure they will understand. Please relax and do something nice for yourself tonight?

As for Shaun - serves him right to sit outside for 3.5 hours! He does need to learn some responsibility and hopefully his upcoming 'recruitment' will help him with that. You are going above and beyond the call of duty and one day he will thank you!

We are home tonight - dh gone to home depot to (again) look at patio stones - I was out in the backyard tonight with him going over the patio plans - the place is a disaster - and I convinced him to 'modify' the plan - lots of choppy pieces of patio/grass connectec by paths - I know this would look horrible in our tiny backyard - we will do more paving but at least that will get rid of random patches of grass here and there....and ds and I finally planned the 2 green pepper, 2 red pepper and 2 tomatoes plants along side of house. Ds is very proud of himself and mentioned what a very good gardener he is :D:D:D.

He is now in the shower and I am puttering about - should get laundry in but just don't feel like it. I did have a lovely 2 hour nap this afternoon - then put on the hair glaze (now I know what it is not recommend for highlighted hair!) and showered. Dinner was chicken salad on dark rye - and my special sat night treat was potato chips. I wanted some so I had some - on my plate with my sandwich and grape tomatoes - luckily there was only a few handful at bottom of bag so they are all gone now!

Might get dh to rent a movie on his way home? Just hope I can fall asleep later despite having had the nap today!

Frouf

Katpo
07-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Prepare to say awwwwww ...

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564/498963/10624232/167547122.jpg

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564/498963/10624232/167547118.jpg

This is the puppy in question. I am still saying no and Judd emailed the guy and told him we couldn't do it, but I sure would like to see her in person. NOT that I would change my mind!

ontarget
07-15-2006, 10:04 PM
melissa, how was the picnic? i'll bet you had a good time inspite of the heat. we went to the kids' archery tournament to watch some of the activities. it was a hoot!

kathy, you have had a rough day. don't feel guilty about not going to beaumont. you're doing all you can. your mother knows you're with her in spirit. she is cute, kathy and probably very hard to resist.

frouf, you got a lot done today. i'm glad you had time to take that nap. what movie are you watching? we saw "memoirs of a geisha" last night. it was pretty good.

Katpo
07-16-2006, 07:12 AM
Good morning, all! I couldn't sleep last night; went to bed around midnight and woke up at 4, then laid there for a while so I just decided to get up. Bindy has already gone potty, I scooted the cat out of the recliner and now I'm settled in with a blanket and the television. Judd had already told me he's sleeping in today so I guess it'll be a while before I see people.

Nothing is on today's agenda except for laundry, going to big Walmart, and cooking dinner. This week will be 11-12 hour days so I'm trying to prepare for that, both mentally, physically and fashionally. :lol: I'm grilling chicken outside and making fresh sweet corn and oven fries for the others; I'll probably have a piece of chicken and salad. That's hours away though so I'll stop worrying about it for now.

Hope everybody has a good day today.

Vickie
07-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm just drained. I don't even remember everthing I did yesterday but it was constant activity. I did manage to get into the pool for about an hour yesterday. The temperature was up to 85 and it was quite refreshing in the 97 degree air. I needed to just run around in there by myself and get all those weird emotions out that I'm dealing with. I ate very well yesterday until about 8:00 when I decided I HAD to have a piece of multi-grain bread toasted with cream cheese on it. Oh yeah, and I had to salt the cream cheese. Sigh....who knows what's up with me.

My dear GF was very down on the phone yesterday and crying a bit. I let her cry of course and then directed the conversation to the new highway going in which will let us get to her house in 20 minutes instead of 45. I told her then I expect to be invited over for impromptu pool parties (they have a heater in their pool) on Wednesdays instead of just Saturday night planned ahead get togethers that are 3 months apart. She laughed and then we talked about other silly things for a little while. I know I don't make the pain go away but I hope I take her mind off of it for a little while. She's raising two great kids, her 18 year old son (the high school graduation party we just went to) and her 13 daughter who will be in 8th grade next year. They are her pride and joy. I keep telling her how much I love her and reminding her that she will be beating this thing. BTW, my Healing Angel arrived on the day she was admitted to the hospital. She believes the Angel arrived just at the right moment.

Enough of my babbling. Thanks for that though. It always feels better to get it out. Talking to myself and crying in the pool wasn't quite enough.

I've got another kind of big day ahead of me so I need to go read what you guys were up to while I drink my coffee.

Losingitin06
07-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Ontarget- a stag and doe is a party for a couple who is getting married.

you sell admission tickets, raffel tickets, drink tickets ect and hope to make as much money as possible for the couple to help with some wedding expenses.

Vickie
07-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Frouf, 9 pounds and 11 inches is spectacular! :bravo: I'm so proud of your progress. Keep it up and you'll be buying bikinis for future cruises! :carrot: I hope your itchy butt is feeling better now :D and that by Monday your database will be fixed and up to par. Imagine how hard those folks are working this weekend! :devil: Your yard is going to be so beautiful when you are done. I looked around my back yard last night while I was in the pool and I thought that I wouldn't let any of you see it. It's really in need of sprucing up. All I cared about was getting the pool and the deck in. Maybe I'll try to start saving for landscaping. :o Too bad that I have a million things to save for and limited income!

Saundra, sorry I missed you and didn't get to tell you to have a great trip. I hope you're having fun. Thanks for thinking of me. I'm so frantic about my friend. God keeps giving me the "you have no control" lessons to learn in my life.

Oh Melissa, I hope you had fun at the potluck. I would have advised eating first instead of after. When I don't eat beforehand, I usually end up diving into the potluck food because I'm so hungry. Well, even if you did dive in, it's just one meal and you'll be back on plan.

Kathy, I hope you're feeling better by now and that the near fainting episodes haven't returned. I'm so very sorry to hear about your Uncle. You and your family have my prayers. I'm sure your family will understand that you aren't able to make the services. I hope you'll go to the Doctor. As for the pup.....how do you say no to that face? I thought those were your hands in the pictures and you were telling us you gave in! And...what is up with the men in your house. How many weeks until Shaun leaves? You make your plans for today sound like nothing. They'd be a full day for the average person. Silly girl! :D

Jenn, :welcome3: to our little corner of the world! We love to chat here about everything that affects our weight loss journey.

Mrs.Que :welcome3: to you too! We LOVE company, especially newbies because you all give us a boost if our enthusiasm is flagging. Remember, just one meal at a time.

Paula, you did NOTHING for a couple of hours? What a slacker girl! ;) Actually, it's very nice to hear that you've taken some time for yourself. You've been going full tilt since the end of June.

Sandra, you are becoming a poster girl for exercise. I love it! Your tilapia sounds wonderful. Too bad I can't cook fish at home. Maybe I can come to your house for it some time! :D

Time to post a menu thread and get my breakfast going. It's supposed to be 100 degrees here today. My Niece/NIL and their three kids are coming here today for a BBQ and a swim in the pool. Daddy and baby Sarah and Uncle Jim will not swim. We're having baked potatoes, sweet Illinois corn (you all should try it some time), and great sirloin burgers on the grill. I turned my oven on yesterday to make oven fries and boy was I sorry. I just have to run out later to buy the burgers and some mustard. I bought everything else yesterday. The corn is all ready to go and the potatoes soon will be.

I'm looking forward to my lunch. I'm making myself an eggbeater omelet with asparagus. I've been craving it for a couple of weeks now but it always looked bad. Yesterday, they were pencil thin and real fresh looking. Yum!

I'll be back.

aghiowa
07-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone! Vickie, I've never had Illinois corn, but I imagine it's almost as good as Iowa corn, so it must be pretty good. ;)

I went crazy with eating yesterday, and it was half intentional. It at least got all the cravings out of my system, and now I can get back to losing. Today I'm eating very lightly.

It's also super hot here too...and so muggy. I am thanking my lucky stars for air-conditioning. :)

Angela

Katpo
07-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Our expected high is 103 today -- but I think hot is hot, no matter what. I can't tell the difference in 95, 100, 105 (or even 113 like we had in 1980. Sandra remembers that summer). Looks like it's summertime all over the place.

Vickie
07-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah 95-105...hot is hot!

Losingitin06
07-16-2006, 10:53 AM
high here of 36 (celcious) feels like 44.. I'm going to melt!

Vickie
07-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Has everyone melted? I just finished lunch and am getting the food ready for dinner. Jim and I are back from the store and buying the 95% FF sirloin burgers. I'm all ready. They think they'll be here at 4:30 and the thinking is that we will eat first and then swim. I may surprise them and try to have things going before they get here. The NIL was going to have to start the fire but I think I can do it.

I'm considering going into the pool for a while soon and vacuuming a bit more. Then I'll come in and shower and clean up a bit before they come.

I hope you're all having great on program days. I have to go modify my menu.

I'm not sure when I'll get back.

septembersgoal
07-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi all, I haven't had time to read but just wanted to pop in and say hi. Our friends with the baby are coming over this afternoon for a cookout (yes, we FINALLY bought the grill!!). They'll be here in about 45 minutes and I still have to go to the store. I hope that you all have a great day!

nurseinnc
07-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone, I am just checking in for a few min before I have to get ready for work. Last night was an easy night at work and I am hoping tonight will be the same. Sunday nights sometimes are crazy. I think people go to the ER and hope to get admitted so they won't have to go to work Monday morning! Oh well, after tonight I am off until Thurs night so I should be able to get most of the boxes moved this week. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.

Katpo
07-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I think people go to the ER and hope to get admitted so they won't have to go to work Monday morning!
:rofl: What a GREAT idea!!!

ontarget
07-16-2006, 04:42 PM
hi there. i just came in from working in the rosebeds. it's h-o-t out there. i'm going to take a shower and settle in with a good movie in a bit. i just had to get here for a sec first to see what's going on with all of you.

we went to lunch today at a new restaurant called fat cat. i had a spicey catfish wrap. two wraps and about a cup of mexican rice came on my plate. i ate one wrap then unwrapped the 2nd and ate just the inside. now that's something for me to do that. not typical at all.

later we rode our bikes at the park but just for 10 minutes. curtis didn't want to ride any more in the heat.

kathy, don't you just hate it when you can't sleep? i had a few nights like that when i first started taking my meds. now i sleep like a log.

vickie, i'm glad you can be a good support for your friend. she's lucky to have you. your pool sounds really really good. wish i could dive in right now.

losing, that sounds like an excellent idea. i had never heard of it before. thank you for explaining. okay, here's another question: i read your sig. are you saving according to pounds lost or what? i like the idea of saving for a new wardrobe. (sexy wardrobe that is) oh, yes. i know someone from guelph. met her on another board a few years ago.

vickie, you're welcome to come here for fish, but do you have a toaster oven? you could cook it outside. i do that a lot so i don't smell up the house.

> "I went crazy with eating yesterday, and it was half intentional." angela i got so tickled when i read your post. hmmmm wonder if sometimes food falls accidentally into our mouths? :lol: i'm glad you got it out of your system.

kathy, i remember 1980 well. i had a t-shirt that said "i survived the summer of 1980."

vickie and melissa, enjoy your cookout parties.

hi, paula. i hope you have an easy night and can get some rest. you've been sooooo busy lately with the moving. do you know when you'll be settled?

septembersgoal
07-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey all,
It is a super hot day here today too. The local weather says the high was 92, right now it is 90 but "feels like 94" according to their website. Whatever it is it's way to hot to grill out, which we did. And we did it too early really, it wasn't very shady or breezy, and no pool like Vickie! :) But we had to do it early so the baby could go home and get to bed.

Kathy, I'm so sorry about your uncle, and I'm also sorry that you won't be able to go to the funeral. But I hope your family will be understanding. I hope that you are resting and preparing for your extra-busy week.

Vickie, the potluck turned out okay. The salads all seemed fairly healthy. The chocolate fountain that was for dessert, however, was not. :o

Sandra, you're doing great. Exercise and eating well!! What's gotten into you? :lol:

Frouf, :bravo: on how well you've done. You're really inspiring all of us!

I hope that all of you have a great evening. We haven't had any time just to chill today, so that's what I'm going to do. Plus finish laundry and get ready for work tomorrow. :p Yuck.

Katpo
07-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I am getting The Stare. Judd keeps walking by the bedroom door, stopping, and just looking at me. He's campaigning for that darn dog ... and I am saying NO WAY. He said "we'll see about that." Ha! If he thinks he's going to get it with me not wanting it, he had better rethink it.

I made fried chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and corn for them. I couldn't see going outside to grill. I could turn on the oven and open the door and it still wouldn't heat the kitchen up as hot as the patio would be, so the kitchen won out. Melissa, it is currently 102 here at nearly 7 p.m. -- feels like 107. Well, THEY say it feels like 107, I think it feels more like 207!! :lol:

Oh and Judd talked to his brother in Colorado Springs today. It's 96 there, and they don't have an air conditioner. Brand spanking new huge honkin' house, and no a/c. I'm not sure how I'll stand that, even though they say the basement is cooler and that's where we will be. I guess I'll try it.

I have to go clean up the kitchen now. Everybody stay cool!

septembersgoal
07-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Shew Kathy! I can't imagine how hot it is there.
And that puppy is absolutely precious. I don't know how you could see it in person and not take it home. Watch out! :lol:

ontarget
07-16-2006, 08:24 PM
melissa, i'm sorry you got roasted outside. it's hot here, too. i did a little pruning in the rosebeds but i'm waiting till after big brother to go out and spray liquid fence. i guess my doctor is what got into me. he said, "lose the weight. your cholesterol is too high." well, actually my cardiologist told me back in january that i needed to lose about 40 lbs. but he didn't give me diet pills and he didn't tell me to go to ww and to bring him my ww card after a month. i go back to him the 25th. hope he wants me to lose some more. (there's no doubt really) i think i just needed some help from my doctor. i have been around the same weight losing the same 10 lbs over and over for more than 2 years. my ww leader told me i had maintenance down pat. i just was maintaining at the wrong number.

kathy, a lot of folks up here don't have a/c. we do thank goodness, but we still spend a lot of time in the basement. sounds like a standoff at your house. be tough.

nurseinnc
07-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Good evening everyone. I am on call again tonight. I just checked and they need to get 4 more admits before I will be called in. I told them I am not driving after 1 am so if they get more admits after that, I won't be there. It really gives me some time to pack. I almost have everything packed and ready to go.
It is 75 and breezy right now. Feels nice outside. I think we got up to mid 80s today.
Kathy, sorry to hear about your uncle.
Froufy, congrats on the pounds and inches lost.
I better get packing. Have a great evening everyone.

Froufy
07-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Well it's a scorcher here too - just got in and the breezes outside are still pretty warm - had the ac running in the car once I filled the tank with gas - stifling to drive without it! Just start sweating as soon as you step outside!

Paula - hope you are home - maybe resting?? and don't get called in to to work tonight - and exactly where is this sunday night emergency room and what do I have to do go get a 'room' for Monday? ha ha ha

Melissa - hope you had a nice picnic and found something to nibble on. How was the bbq - are you enjoying your new grill?

Vickie - I feel so sad for you - how difficult it must be for you and your gf - I think it's wonderful how supportive you are and able to distract her when needed. Hope you had a wonderful pool/bbq 'party'. ....and as for a slice of mutigrain toast with cream cheese? I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Kathy - I think the puppy is absolutely the cutest - and I know it must be hard to say no - but do stick to your guns - it will be a lot more work for you and frankly you're busy enuf - hope you got some rest today.

Sandra - congrats on your wonderful lunch out - and losing that extra wrap - shows your dedication.

I will accept all donations of corn - Iowa, Illinois - whatever - just send it my way! :D

Had a bad night - trouble falling asleep - then up from about 3-4:30 am - woke up at 8 feeling so very depressed and crabby! We managed to get out of the house by 10 am and to the garden centre! $252 dollars later I now have: a weeping peashrub, a ninebark wine shrub, 3 silver mounds, 1 purple bellflower, some pink coral bells, and some bone meal! I am still 'planning' but it was so hot out I gave up - I was moving the pots around the front yard here and there and just sweating - it was so hot out (and like high noon?).

Dh had to be at the pub where he was playing his gig at 2:30 pm - so dropped him and drums there then ds and I went to mall to get Sears package (nothing fit right by the way :() a bit of a walk around - ds wanted an ice cream (dq chocolate dip) and I controlled myself and had an iced cappuccino instead (made with 1% chocolate milk instead of the usual CREAM!!!).

Went home, showered, painted my toenails, put on some makeup and ds and I went to the pub for the 2nd set (5:30 - 700) - and I did not do well with the pub food! The greek salad was probably okay as was the diet pepsi - but I sure didn't need those zucchini sticks or the nibbles of fries from ds' basket. In fact all that greasy food is not sitting well with me right now!

Then off downtown to bluesfest - unfortunately no sitter for little ds so we didn't actually buy tickets ($25 pp) as we felt we couldn't stay late. So we stood by the fence and 'HEARD' the music - K.C. and the Sunshine band, Tavares, Sister Sledge and Gloria Gaynor - great music - but made me feel old as I remember it from 30 years ago!!! Left around 9:45 as ds was getting tired and home now with tired feet and a few more mosquito bites (at least they are NOT on my bum).

Back on plan tomorrow as I gathered up some 'snacks' to bring to work, and the gym bag is packed. Just hope this heat lets up a bit! Once the dryer buzzes I will fold then I'm done for the night!

I dread tomorrow - and I highly doubt the database will be all fixed, not yet time to break out the champagne I guess!

Frouf

Katpo
07-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Another crazy Froufy day! Good grief, now I need a nap from it! My day was totally lazy compared -- I tried to go to the big Walmart for a few things and didn't get far before I lost interest and came back home. Cooked dinner, did two loads of dishes in the dishwasher (forgot to start it yesterday so there was no room for dinner dishes). Have folded all the laundry except for upstairs towels and now I'm ready for bed.

The alarm is set for 5:00 but frankly I might hit the snooze and just go when I feel like it. That'll mean a late night tomorrow but at this point I'd rather have the sleep tonight than get home earlier tomorrow. Who knows? At least I have clean clothes.

Also packed up for work tomorrow: grapes, strawberries and blueberries, light string cheese, crackers and hummus, and will make tuna when I get there. Oops, I'd better make a boiled egg tonight for the tuna. Shoot!

Alright, back to the kitchen. Ugh! I thought I was done! Okay, everybody have a good evening!

Katpo
07-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Hiya! I'm at work now ... just stopping in to see if anyone was here yet.

Happy Monday to everybody!

sauniemay
07-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Good Monday morning all.

The weekend was good and very hot. We didn't get any rain there. The problem with the pool area was that there were no umbrellas there. We just jumped in and out of the pool all afternoon. Saturday night we drove to Alexandria Bay for a lovely dinner and spent Sunday morning in the pool. Stopped at Walmart and Price Chopper before crossing the border and came home at 2:00. We spent the afternoon and evening with the kids.

Kathy, my thoughts are with your family. Hope your mom is doing well. Of course, that picture could melt an ice cube, but little pups grow up and you'd be the one doing most of the work. I know that you have a busy week ahead, take it easy.

Melissa, glad you had a nice bbq. I guess we're all getting the heat. It's almost scarry to think that this could be the norm. What's going to be here for the generations to come? I'm just thinking about your kids.:)

Sandra, I guess you guys get some relief at night. I found it much cooler by the river in N.Y. We had a beautiful view of the stars on Saturday night. I'm so pleased for you with your weight loss journey.

Vickie, how difficult to watch someone who is hurting. Just remember, that having you, is helping your friend a whole lot. Hope you had fun last night with the gang.

Frouf, I would have liked to see that concert last night. I go back before that era, but it was a fun time and brings back good memories. Fantastic news on the losses, the gym is really doing it for you. Don't get too many clothes for the cruise yet. You may just be needing a smaller size.

Paula, glad that you're nearly done. Bet you're not going to want to move from this place for a long time.

I've got a massage appointment this afternoon and will get some fixins for dinner after that. I'm not sure that I want to chance the barbeque as it's suppose to be even hotter today.

Better go get some coffee....

Mattandgabbysmom
07-17-2006, 08:36 AM
Good morning, yesterday we went to my moms, dh started to put a security system in her house. My brother and his wife were living in the basement and now they bought a condo so my mom will be alone and I would feel better knowing she has a security system and I think she will sleep better at night.
My mom & I ended up taking my little country bumpkins into Manhattan, we drove in which was great as there was no traffic it being Sunday. Ds was in awe of the buildings, he has been a few times before but he was younger and doesn't remember. He was asking how the people on top got to the bottom of the buildings. We ended up taking them to The American Museum Of Natural History. The place was huge, ds loved the dinosaurs he couldn't believe they once existed. We also took them to The Hayden Planetarium there and saw the Cosmic Blast. I thought dd was going to be afraid because it was dark and noisy, she was fine, my ds got frightened when he saw the two planets collide which caused the cosmic blast, it was quite loud. He wanted to get out of there, I felt soo bad for him :hug: I thought he would of enjoyed the show. He did feel better after I told him that it is only a movie and that can never happen again. My ds is 6 years old and is a little worry wart already, he takes things literally. He said his favorite part was the dinosaurs, he said next time he will skip the show :D It was a fun day and he has already recovered from the show. Today is going to be 97 degrees but feel more like over 100. I was planning on taking them to the lake but I think it may be way to hot, think I will just have ds' little friend come over to play with him and stay in the air conditioned house. I do plan on going to WW this morning, if the kids behave maybe I will stay for the meeting if not I will just leave, I usually go at night but I would rather go before it gets sweltering hot.

Paula hope you get some rest with all that packing and having to work.

Vickie hope you had a great pool/bbq party

Kathy what a adorable puppy, he has the sweetest face, but I would still say no, they are alot of work and you don't need that in your life at this time, your plate is already full. But he is soooo cute!

Sandra glad you had a nice lunch, way to go on eating just one wrap, shows your motivation.

melissa hope you enjoyed your bbq even though it was hot out.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Sorry froufy I hit submit to quick. sounds like the blues fest was great fun, I love that music, makes me feel old also. One tiime I was talking to dh about my old record collection that some how got lost and my ds says to me what is a record :o

Saundra we must of been posting at the same time gald you had a great weekend, sounds like lots of fun.

sauniemay
07-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Wow, Niki, just the mention of Manhattan makes me want to got back. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

sauniemay
07-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Speaking of records, I located a man here in Ottawa who can transfer records to cd's. Bernie has a very large jazz collection, and would love to have them done. Now, it's a matter of how much.

Had a fine breakfast and now time to hit the shower. The scale has been good to me.:)

Vickie
07-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Lordy am I ever tired. I could NOT have handled children of my own. They say you get the strength when they are yours.....I don't know about that!

All that said, I had a great time. It took me a while to get all the food cooked, especially since the baked potatoes take about an hour. It was all delicious if I don't say so myself. I am SUCH a spoiled girlie. Jim usually takes care of that. It takes forever to get the kids ready for the pool because my Niece does not leave an inch of skin without sunblock. We were in the pool for about two hours. Ethan, the soon to be 3 year old, is not much of a pool guy. Make that WAS not much of a pool guy. He got his first water wings and initially was very scared. His butt kept coming up out of the water and his face would go in. My Niece kept working with him and all of a sudden he was kicking his feet and moving around the pool and did NOT want us to hold him. 2 hours later......we came in and had dessert. The kids had a ball and now are planning to come back tomorrow. No cooking though, and Daddy will stay home with baby Sarah who did NOT want to be at Aunt Vickie's house.

We have lots to do today. Jim has PT at 11:30 and a Doctor's appointment at 3:50. I'm guessing we'll get the Chipotle for us and my Niece on the way home and she'll get the kid's food. Then....the pool again. I don't mind though because it's going to drop down after today and may not be good for swimming for a week. In Illinois you have to enjoy the pool when you can!

It sounds like you all had hot but great weekends. I need to go eat breakfast so I can call my GF this morning. I did not get to speak to her yesterday. I'm hoping she's feeling in less pain this morning and may even have some information on her infection.

Have a great day. I'm thinking I may not be able to be back until tomorrow!

sauniemay
07-17-2006, 09:41 AM
I finally googled Chipotle and now know what you're all talking about. When shopping yesterday, I told Bernie how you guys are all into the chile pepper thing. My system just can't take it!

Vickie
07-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Saundra, their regular stuff isn't really hot, just a bit tingly. You have the choice to make it really hot or mild. You go down an assembly line like at Subway and tell them what to put on your burrito or in your bowl. It's cool....or hot!

Froufy
07-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Another scorcher today - I just got back from another meeting in a building about 5 min walk away - and I am roasting - have to settle down in my air conditioned office for a while to get back to normal! Wish I was by a pool right about now!

Just finished lunch (piece of gefilte fish, couscous salad and inhaling a big batch of fresh cherries! yum). Did not get on the scale this morning as I my rings felt tight - not a good sign.

Vickie - sounds like the pool was, or became a big hit! Hope you get to enjoy it today again. That 'cafetaria line' chipotle sounds like fun - I didn't realize you get to pick and choose!

Saundra - sounds like you had a great weekend away - and made good use of the pools. I think I am due for a day trip to get some groceries and such over the 'bridge'? Might think about it more.

Niki - what fun to go into the big city with the kids. I'm sure both ds and dd were impressed with the big buildings - and the dinosaurs were obviously a big hit! I agree that today is an indoor day. I told dh that ds was NOT TO GO BIKING today - during the day - cuz he will just expire!

Too funny about ds not know what a 'record' was! Try getting him to dial a rotary phone! A few years back dd was with me at this hairdressing place and wanted to call her dad - there was a dial phone on the wall for customers - I said there's the phone go ahead not thinking twice - she comes back after a minute saying she did not know how to use the phone?? I was shocked - then saw it was a rotary dial phone and just cracked up - what a novelty for her once I showed her how to use it!

Paula - hope you did not have to go into work and you get get your moving/packing done!

Sandra - what's on the agenda today? More water aerobics? or yoga? :D

I am happy to report I did win the nautical twin set on ebay - altho price was of course much higher than I wanted to spend - but I Just had to have it - I'm sure it will fit - hopefully looser than tighter right?

Planning to go to the gym after work today to work off some of the weekend pleasures! :D:D

Frouf

Mattandgabbysmom
07-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Ok I went to WW this morning for a weigh in and I lost 5 pounds, I could not believe it, I guess adding exercise really helped. That is a total of 18 pounds in 9 weeks. Woohoo!!!

sauniemay
07-17-2006, 01:12 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Niki, you are doing so great!

Mattandgabbysmom
07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Thank you Saundra, I am really trying, I am determined to get this weight off once & for all.

Ms. Sassy
07-17-2006, 01:24 PM
WAHOOOO! I finally broke off of my plateau! After week 1 on Core I am down 3.2 pounds! It was really way easier than I anticipated and all of the help and advice from you girls was very helpful! Actually, according to the scale here are home, I was down 4 on Saturday but it popped back up 2 yesterday and today it settled on 3. But I'LL TAKE IT!

I think it would have been better if I had not realized that I get activity points, too. I mean... yay for activity points but I don't want that to be my downfall. Before I realized about the activity points (on Thursday or so), I was trying to use only 5 flex points per day but that was hard because the slightest thing eats up a point... bread, butter, FF Cool Whip, even a WW bar. So the activity points saved me. I'll just have to be careful not to go overboard. I think by the end of today I'll have used all my flex and activity points. But that's what they're there for, right?

Unofficially, my mom is also down 2 points this week (she weighs on Wednesdays). She was a little eh about the whole Core thing but once she realized she didn't have to measure and count points and had some freedom and then noticed that she was down two, she has quite the change in attitude. I told her on Saturday that if this keeps up we may have to stay on Core longer than the 1-2 weeks we planned to kick start us again. She said if this keeps up we're staying on for good! That shocked me! Still, yay! Finally!

I recognize, of course, that a loss like this will not be the norm but after being stuck between 160-162 for the entire month of June, I'm pretty thrilled. As long as it starts coming off again, I'll be a happy camper. But I'm finally in the 150s! I have no recollection in my life of being here. Every time I've ever lost weight, I've stopped at 161-162. Not this time, though! Wahoo!

Thanks again for all your help! It made a HUGE difference!

sauniemay
07-17-2006, 01:28 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Tammy, I know how important those thresholds can be, and you've broken it!

Katpo
07-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Congratulations, Niki and Tammy! Those are some impressive losses!!!

ontarget
07-17-2006, 04:23 PM
it's hot here today, too. guess i'll be wanting some of this when the snow's on the ground. :lol: i'm going to water aerobics tonight. guess that's a given now, though, isn't it? we're taking care of business calls here at home today. not much else going on.

frouf, it sounds like you got a lot done yesterday. that's so funny about dd and the phone. and the record? :lol: times have changed, haven't they? i'm doing water aerobics tonight. curtis and i split a sub at subway today. we ran a few errands--nothing much going on right now. sometimes our lives are boring.

kathy, you just reminded me. i have 2 boiled eggs in the fridge that need to go.

thank you, saundra. your weekend sounds like it was a lot of fun. did you get a tan?

nikki, your trip to manhattan sounds neat. i have only been at jfk airport in new york. i need to go visit there sometime. i don't think i can get curtis to go, though. he's more of a mountain hermit type.

vickie, have fun in your pool. you sound soooooo much happier. makes me smile.

nikki and tammy, congratulations on some mighty fine losses. you done good, girls!!

Katpo
07-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Sandra, isn't it too bad we can't bottle up some summer and save it until winter, then let 'er loose??? :lol: Same with saving some winter! I could use some snow right now.

septembersgoal
07-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Hey gals,
I'm not caught up but just wanted to say hi. Today has been really, really hectic at work. I'm hoping to get lots of yard work done tonight. It's unbelievably hot but it just can't wait any longer, it looks awful. I hope that you all have a great evening.

Oh, I did want to say CONGRATS to Niki and Tammy on their fantastic losses!!

ontarget
07-17-2006, 05:01 PM
kathy, i wish we could. we were just talking earlier about how we'll be missing this heat come -13* this winter.

hi, melissa. don't get too hot working in the yard.

Froufy
07-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Melissa - good luck with the yard work tonight - it is way too hot here to plant anything - I need to make sure all my 'purchases' are watered in the meantime before I actually plant them!

Niki - SUPER JOB - good for you - you must feel great - CONGRATULATIONS.

Tammy - way to go on breaking that plateau- and sure looks like you need to change your labor day goal? :D I think you should definitely stay on core for at least a month - and to be honest - it is not a bad 'forever' eating plan - very wholesome, healthy and gets rid of a lot of those cravings! Keep up the good work (congrats to your Mom too!).

Sandra - yes - once you bottle up the heat - let me know how I can release it when the ice and snow are falling!

I am on my way to the gym now - altho I'd rather just go to bed - so tired and droopy feeling! Salmon is marinating and I am so looking forward to eating dinner (what a piggy I am!)....now if I can only convince dh to peel LOTS OF POTATOES - for my very favorite side dish....hmmmmmmm

Frouf

ontarget
07-17-2006, 05:11 PM
frouf, your dinner sounds delicious. i like that side dish, too. i don't know what i'm having yet. i am going to w a earlier today so we'll be having dinner after i get home. ice and snow actually sound rather kewl right now. (pun intended)

septembersgoal
07-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Wow, slow night around here! I guess I'll go back out to the yard, where bugs are eating my legs (fortunately not my bum! :lol: ).

Frouf, I'm so impressed by your attendance at the gym. Of course it is seriously paying off for you!

Sandra, hope you had fun at wa tonight. I think it's great. I'm jealous in fact, that you now love exercising so much! :D

Kathy, hope you aren't melted.

Losingitin06
07-17-2006, 09:42 PM
ontarget.. It's slacking a bit, it was for lbs lost, water consumption and hours at the gym. .. it's actually about 250 now. lol

septembersgoal
07-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Girls, do not be alarmed, but I not only worked in the garden, then I came in and did WATP one mile. I know, it's really unbelievable for me. ;) I'm proud of myself! :lol:

Froufy
07-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Melissa - must be the 'heat' getting to you? :D Seriously congrats on the exercise - good for you! Hope your bitten legs are not too bad!

While I did get to the gym and did my workout - I think i undid most of the good by going on an eating rampage - not sure what it's all about? I am trying hard to understand the 'psychology' of my overeating and not getting anywhere I"m afraid?

Maybe not enuf dinner? not enuf protein today? some trigger food? I had about 1/2 salmon steak, 1/2 baked potato and some green beans. Then settled in to watch tv - still had the munchies - found a baked veggie samosa in the fridge - warmed it up and ate it....and continued eating - some from hunger I guess? but then some cuz it just tasted good? I feel a headache coming on now - probably too much sugar or something? (found some chocolate too!) I am disappointed cuz I do know better and should have some strategies in place.

I am still going to the gym but now having to 'undo' damage instead of moving forward - NOT GOOD! I dare not get on the scale for another couple of days as it will be too depressing - and I am going to start slipping with my goals. Need to stay more focussed!!!!

Frouf:(

ontarget
07-18-2006, 12:23 AM
melissa, i am having fun at w a. tonight was tough, though. she had us using the water weights almost the whole time. my arms are weak. i came home and overate. later i went out to put liquid fence on my rosebushes. (deer have been using them as a buffet). anyway, when i got to the front yard ready to start spraying, i was met at the front sidewalk by a doe. we had a standoff for awhile. :lol: i actually felt sorry for her that she couldn't come eat. curtis said she was like a kid after candy with these rosebushes. a hummingbird was in the pine tree watching. it was soooo kewl!!!! she did decide to back away and leave but we stood face to face for about a minute. after she left, i started spraying.

jenn, that is amazing. i am proud of you. i did a little slacking this evening. tomorrow i need to be more careful. we can do this. i like your idea of saving for a sexy wardrobe. maybe you can show us some photos of your new clothes when you get them. we'll be jealous for sure.

melissa, i just read your post here. i am proud of you. i can tell you're feeling good about your exercising. that definitely makes me feel good, too.

frouf, i'm undoing tomorrow, too. at least we're not giving up. we'll eventually lose this weight.

okay, i'm heading over to the menu to record what i had. it's not a lot but it's more than i've been having. i almost have to starve to lose or so it seems.

Vickie
07-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Jim had a good Doctor's appointment. He just needs to be patient, which neither of us are. He's pushing too much and I kind of ratted on him to the Doctor. He'll slow up a bit on some stuff.

I'm still perpetually tired. I hate to keep blaming menopause but I think it is causing my fatigue. That and all the stuff I've been running and doing. Yesterday was very busy but I did get into the pool again with the kids last night. It was very fun but very tiring. I'm sore in a lot of places. Good exercise, huh?! My scale is responding oh so slowly. I've mastered portion control and satisfaction at breakfast and lunch. Dinner and after is my problem. I do not want to maintain this weight forever.

Time to go get on the treadmill and eat breakfast. Jim has PT again today and I have errands. What new?

sauniemay
07-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Good morning everyone. It's suppose to be more moderate today. I went out on the deck for a bit, but the morning sun was too much, so back to the cool kitchen.

We're moving forward on having the inside of the house painted. It's been five years now, and colour is needed. I have lots of ideas, but think that I'll get someone in to help put it together. I figure late September will be a good time to have it done. I'm also getting a quote on changing the counter/sink in my en suite to a new one piece marble unit. I may also get a quote on granite for the kitchen, but that one is a real maybe.

Melissa, go girl. Looks like you're up to the exercise challenge. Maybe you can send the bug my way. I did reserve the video from the library, so I've done a "little" something.

Vickie, Bernie is seeing my massage therapist on Friday. It took a lot for him to give in to treatment, but he's finally getting frustrated. I do hope they can help him. Sounds like you are really enjoying the pool, which is a very good thing.

Frouf, you're so dedicated to the exercise. Like you said, maybe not enough dinner. Time to make a plan on what to eat when hunger calls. Have you tried the DQ no fat treats? I find them great to have around the house.

Sandra, sounds like you worked extra hard last night. I guess your leader heard that you're having too much fun.;) We saw a deer in the middle of the road on one of our weekends away. We had to stop the car and honk before he ran off. I love your "love of nature". I can really identify.

Kathy, you must be working your but off. Hope you have time to come up for air.

Nikki, is this a good beach day for you? Can I come too?:)

Okay, time to get to the house stuff,

Katpo
07-18-2006, 11:17 AM
I worked 11 hours yesterday, went straight home and started cooking dinner, and got done around 8:30. Then I washed a few loads of laundry and got to bed around 10:30. I was pretty tired but have to do it again today and for the rest of the week. So Vickie, I know what you mean about being perpetually tired.

I got more stuff heaped on me this morning; hopefully the deadline will be months instead of weeks though. The Air Force is wanting to move some training from one lesson to another and while it sounds simple, it actually has to be recreated -- can't be moved. It's too complicated and I'm too tired to explain it, like anyone cares anyway, but suffice it to say I will be swamped when I get back from vacation.

I'll be back on tonight.

ontarget
07-18-2006, 12:41 PM
vickie, i'm sorry you're still tired. i know i shouldn't ask this, but do you think your body's needing more carbs? sometimes when i am fatigued, carbs seem to help give me energy. congratulations to you for mastering portion control. those scales will keep falling. i am happy for you.

saundra, we're doing a little touch up painting around here now. we had the outside painted earlier this spring. it's still up in the air as to whether we're moving. i did some weeding and transplanting this am and got hot, too. i had 2 hummingbirds out there with me. they are so beautiful.

kathy, you're a very busy gal for sure. i remember when i was working, i hardly ever got to bed before 11 or 12. i hope the new project is months away, too.

sauniemay
07-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Sandra, looks like your temp is moderating too. It's really nice out right now. Say hi to the hummingbirds for me.:)

So, I've got the paint colour lady coming Thursday morning, and the granite guy Friday morning. My painter is coming to give me an estimate one of those days too. Paint is a "go", but the granite may have to wait.

ontarget
07-18-2006, 02:37 PM
saundra, hummers say, "hi," too. i know you're getting excited about redoing your home.

septembersgoal
07-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Gals I'm just stopping by to say hi. I can't stay, but wanted to say hello! :D

ontarget
07-18-2006, 02:41 PM
hi, melissa. hope you're having a good day.

sauniemay
07-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi Melissa, hope your day is going well.:)

Sandra, I love projects, and this is going to be a big one. Only thing that I'm not looking forward to is packing up all of the stuff in the buffet.:dizzy:

ontarget
07-18-2006, 03:39 PM
i understand. that won't be much fun, will it?

Vickie
07-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi Chicks! I ran my errands this morning and I've had lunch and my snack. Now I'm off to run in the pool for 30 minutes. Jim had his PT and is sleeping and my prep work for dinner is done.

It's still hot here. My pool was up to 90 degrees last night. I may leave the solar cover off tonight after I put the chemicals in.

Froufy
07-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Well here I am - feeling ever so crabby and depressed - spent most of the day dealing with the constantly troublesome database - the developer is downstairs now doing some more 'fixes'. My manager came down this am to play around with it - at least she is optimistic - I have just about had it. She keeps bribing me with pending pink champage - my response has been 'just shoot me now!". Not a happy froufie today!

Saundra - so nice to hear the weather is okay outside - like I even poked my nose out today. Can you believe the thunderstorm and lightening we got last night? Pretty freaky!

Don't pack up the buffet? just move it out a bit? and cover w/plastic? (guess the moving out a bit might be tough if it's full of stuff right?) Good luck with your color choices? (what is a color lady?).

Melissa - hope you day is going better than mine.

Where's Vickie - running errands I guess? or in her pool I hope!

Sandra - like the doe even had a chance in the standoff with a BMW!!! :D No roses for that baby!

Okay Kathy - forgive me for being so nosy - but I am wondering about the amount of laundry you do at your home! I notice that almost every evening you are very busy and one of the constant chores is laundry? How many loads do you do per week? and where is the laundry coming from???? I think you should honestly 'delegate' some of the laundry chores to someone else so can take a BREAK and put your feet up esp after the longs days you are putting in! (okay I'm done now :))

So dd at her dad's now begging to come home - looks like she will be home early anyways (thurs evening) as big ds has convinced his dad to go away with him for the weekend? So she gets dropped off and he goes off with ds? Does not sound fair to me? Wonder if she will be upset?

I know this is a mean thing to say but honestly it has been so peaceful and relaxed without her at home. Not as much stress for me and I don't feel like my blood is boiling all the time and I'm not constantly dealing with her demands and whining!!

Well I have to go back downstairs soon to speak with head consultant who is suppoed to drop by again (like where was he months ago when things were not getting done???). Hopefully not too long as I want to get to the gym and then home to stuff my little face!

Frouf:(

ontarget
07-18-2006, 04:11 PM
have fun, vickie. i'm glad you're having your pool time. i go to w a at 4:30 today. we're going to a lecture tonight by a leading geologist about glacial lake missoula.

Katpo
07-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Funny Frouf! I do at least two loads per day -- one white and one dark. The kids do their own. Mine is towels, feet towels (when the big dog comes back inside she has to sit down and have her feet wiped off), my clothes and underwear, Judd's work clothes, underwear and gym clothes. If I hold it all until the weekend, it would take the whole day to do 10-11 loads so I do it as we get them dirty.

I just took a break and now I'm getting back to it. I'll be here until 7 so since it'll be late when I get home, I might not get back on. We'll see. If not, hope everyone has a good evening.

sauniemay
07-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Kathy, all work and no play......????

Frouf, I'm getting a colour consultant to come over. I know pretty well what I want, but it's the flow that I'd like help with. I think it will be fun to get someone elses opinion.
Maybe when ds comes home, try the kill with kindness approach. Maybe that will put her off guard.:)

Vickie, have fun in the pool, and Sandra, I know that you'll have a good time at w.a.

ontarget
07-18-2006, 08:22 PM
frouf, i just now saw your post. i hope you get everything on the mend with the database. pink champagne? can i come, too? again, i live through you. it doesn't sound fair at all what your ex is doing with the kids. i guess he's too wimpy to handle both at once, isn't he?

kathy, don't work too hard.

saundra, i had a great time at w a. curtis and i are leaving in a few min to to a talk by one of his college profs about glacial lake missoula. should be interesting.

sauniemay
07-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Quiet, quiet, quiet....

We had a lovely dinner out and were able to get to the beach on time to see a spetctacular sunset.....Life is good.:)

Froufy
07-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Saundra - sounds like a lovely time - details please!

Sandra - hope you enjoy the talk - does sound pretty fascinating!

Well Kathy - I agree that doing 10-11 loads on the weekend sure doesn't sound pleasant - hope you have a super duper good washer tho! :D (does Judd ever help w/laundry or folding???). Sure hope the break was a long one!!

Vickie - glad you got some pool time in today!

I ate too much supper - but at least it was core - very yummy - kasha (buckwheat) and bowties - a real comfort food for me! (and lots of leftovers!). Did get to the gym as well for my requisite 30 minutes. The best news is that KILLER MACHINE I hate so much (the one where you lean back and do these sitting squats - is no longer my enemy). I don't know when it happened - but it just doesn't seem as painful and gruelling as before? Might I be getting some muscles somewhere? I still moniter my heart rate and try to keep it between 60-70% altho I am often higher depending on the music and my rate of movement.

Lunch packed up for tomorrow and yes the dentist called with a cancellation (had to cancel last month due to dd's therapist appt) - tomorrow at 3:15 - yes the pain of a dentist is much more preferable that trying to deal with my awful database! ha ha ha (note to pack toothbrush, paste and floss).

May still try to get to gym after dentist (altho there is a lovely consignment store in the same plaza and always like to go there and look around!).

Need to sleep more!

Frouf

Katpo
07-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Home finally and now Kate is over here. I'm helping her with a resume because she's applying for an internal job at Wells Fargo. We're keeping our fingers crossed. She loves the company but would really like to move on from the phone banker situation.

I'm dog tired. Judd made pancakes and a huge mess in the kitchen. I'm very tempted to just leave it and go to bed, since I have to work 12 hours the next two days WITHOUT FAIL. He's now wanting to leave Friday morning instead of Saturday. We'll see if I'm done with all my work by Thursday night.

I need to go help her some more. She's about to leave.

septembersgoal
07-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Morning....I promise I'll catch up eventually. Today is going to prove to be a doozy. I hope that you all have a great one.

sauniemay
07-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Good morning,

I feel a bit lethargic this morning. Nothing planned, so I'll just go with the flow. I've got last week's leftovers defrosting for tonight's dinner. Hope it's a good day for all.:)

p.a.
07-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Morning chicks,,
Saundra and Frouf, I dont know if you heard about the storm that went thru on tuesday here in northern ontario,,but I managed to land inthe middle of it.
Im at my youngest dds now for a quick visit. Well, tuesday night at supper time we got tornado warnings..well they werent kidding. Something hit us at 6ish,,,,it was amazing. Trees uprooted onto cars,,,hydro poles lifted up ,,bricks off buildings...what a mess. We went for a walk later that night when it was safe and saw some damage...wow..we were lucky. Some trees just managed to miss the residences here...like a foot away.My dh had it hit him when he was working in his machine..in a mine site! We never get them that close to home...well he had rocks flying everywhere!!! so dangerous for him. He was stuck in his machine for 2 hours while it
raged around him...he said it was awful!! Im so glad he was ok.
I heading home tonight....long bus ride ahead of me..but Im ready to go..haha too much excitement around here for me..
Have to go pack..sorry didnt have time for personals.....hopefull will be back on later...or definitly tomorrow after I get home..
ttyl....thinking of all of you...

sauniemay
07-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Holy Crow, Patti. I didn't know that the storms were that close to you. I'm so glad that your family is okay. Have a safe trip back.:)

Mattandgabbysmom
07-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Good Morning, wow I think we got hit with that same storm last night, I could not believe the winds and lightning, I have huge trees on my property and I was afraid with all that wind they were going to topple, I could not go to sleep till it passed which was quite a long time since it was a line of storms. I haven't seen a storm like that in a long time.

I will be back in a bit to catch up.

Vickie
07-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Jim and I are well. I'm so glad you all weathered that storm safely.

We're very busy here again today. Not PT but a million errands to be run. Jim let me sleep until 9:15. I got 8 1/2 hours of sleep and it felt great. I did cook dinner last night and enjoyed my pool immensely. I, too, do a load or two of laundry every day. I hate when it piles up.

I must get going since the day is flying. I haven't even had breakfast yet. I'm not sure how to handle the hunger I know will arrive around two. Maybe just a great snack and then an early dinner. I'll have to play it by ear.

I hope you are all well. I'm being selfish and spending all the time I can in the pool. It's supposed to cool off on Friday. In the meantime, I'm eating well and getting lots of exercise. I miss Jim in the pool but at least since I'm alone I can make whirlpools and run and exercise the whole time without disturbing him.

I'll try to check in later.

septembersgoal
07-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey gals, just coming by to say hi again. Even though I don't have much time to post I don't want to fall behind on what's going on with all of you.
I'm having a pretty down day. You know, just one of those days where you don't feel good about yourself. I feel ugly and fat and my job is absolutely wearing me down to nothing. I'm not depressed or anything (man this post sounds sad!) but it's just one of those days. I know you all know what I mean.

Patti, have a safe trip home. I'm so glad that you all weren't hurt.

Katpo
07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Even though I don't have much time to post I don't want to fall behind on what's going on with all of you.
Me either, Melissa. I don't know when I'll be back. Working 12 hours, doing all my errands and housework after I leave work ... there's no downtime. I'm about to eat lunch but will continue working. I just thought I'd stop by to say I'm not dead.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone, I want you guys to see the dress I ordered for my dd to wear on her 3rd birthday party, I am having a Princess & Pirates Theme. Have alot of planning to do since I am cooking, anybody have some recipe ideas that hold up good in the heat since I am having it in my backyard. We will probably cook hamburgers & hotdogs on the grill but I don't want my husband standing behind the grill cooking all day so I decided to make a few dishes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOME-BOUTIQUE-DISNEY-PRINCESS-TULLE-DRESS-2-3-4-T_W0QQitemZ320008537054QQihZ011QQcategoryZ79714QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ontarget
07-19-2006, 04:56 PM
hi there. we slept in this am then went out to run some errands and practice shooting. now we're home but i'm leaving for w a in about an hour.

saundra, sounds like you had fun at the beach. you're right. life is good.

we thoroughly enjoyed the talk last night. plus, curtis got to visit afterwards with his former geology professor. i met his wife and had a good chat, too. we were tempted to stop somewhere for a snack on the way home but resisted. i had some ww 1 pt choco cake bites (6). i felt guilty but the scales were friendly this am. whew!

frouf, sounds like you're enjoying gym. that's good. your supper sounds yummy. i need to make something good for tonight. i just don't like to heat up the kitchen.

hi, kathy and melissa. i hope you two can come up for air soon. i miss you.

patti and nikki, what a storm!! i'm so glad ya'll are all right.

vickie, enjoy your pool why you can. the summer season's not going to be around too long.

nikki, the dress is adorable. she'll be a little princess doll for sure.

melissa, you do sound depressed. i am worried about you. is there a way you could go to ww meetings? i think that would give you an uplift.

Katpo
07-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Would someone start a new thread? I'll check back later to see if it's done and then will close this one.